• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern The King is Dead; Long Live the King (MxF Modern)

Mitheral

"Growf!"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
The King is Dead; Long Live the King. All hail King Duncan I!

The old king was a tyrant. His first son was favored by the old king’s mother. But he was also an embarrassment to the King and Queen. And there were multiple rumors of plots to assassinate the King by his hand. Of course, the old King’s parents suspected Duncan to be the mastermind. Ultimately the eldest son was killed in an attempted coup. Duncan was critically injured and sent into exile.

The old King’s daughter was slightly older than Duncan. She fell out of favor with both the old King and Queen and was stripped of her title and banished. Women were ineligible to ascend to the throne in America.

Duncan’s half brothers were killed during the coup attempt. This left Duncan as the only viable heir. He had been named into the line of succession when he was 6, when his mother became the old King’s third wife.

It all gets more complicated. But the final result was that Duncan was released from his exile and returned to ascend to the throne. He is barely an adult. (We can figure out just how old in discussion.)

Setting (Open for discussion)
Set in an alternate timeline in which democracy never rose. The world is still ruled by monarchies. Our story is set in the Kingdom of America.

America is much more like its 1980’s self, than the 21st century. (Hollywood is still making great movies.) Greenland is a US territory now. Canada and Central America all the way down to the Panama Canal(*) is part of the US as are Cuba, Bermuda, etc. This America grew up very differently. The South not only won the Civil War, they conquered the North. Part of the conditions of the surrender was upholding the Emancipation. But in exchange the South demanded restitution and got it. And the Emancipation proceeded on a schedule. However it was also very much less humane. Many were deported, a fact which created the Black League, a notorious pirate fleet. Native Americans were never recognized as such. In fact, their cultures are about as extinct as the Mayans.

Russia is still ruled by a Czar, but with strength that rivals the old USSR, but it is still recovering from the Cold War.

The Ottoman Empire still stands, and its seat of power is still Istanbul.

The Sun still doesn’t set on the British Empire. It still rules over Australia, India, and large parts of Africa with an iron fist.

China is still an empire under the Mao Dynasty. The current ruler is Mao Xin Yu, who has a son, Mao Dong Dong who was born in 2003 and a daughter called Mao Tian Yi who was born in 2008.

South America is divided between Spain and Germany.

*There really is no Panama Canal or Panama, but a strait. Likewise there is no Suez Canal. The Sinai Peninsula and Somalia are underwater.

Fantasy Creatures, Magic and Technology
None exist today. But there are plenty of fossil records of dragons, unicorns, etc. Neither is there magic in the world anymore. Technology is comparable to what we have today.

Your Character
Your character will be the Lady of this story. I have several ideas for plots. You can be a foreign princess sent as an offer for an arranged marriage. America is short of direct heirs. There are several Dukes (brothers of the old King) who might go to civil war to claim the throne. Duncan will NOT accept a child or nanny as a potential Queen.

You could also be an American debutante that is introduced to him. But emember that as a King he has to set a certain standard. He has a Kingdom to be responsible for. Anything less than the best simply won’t do.

Plot
I DO have a plot in mind. It does involve a little science fantasy. (I say science fantasy as I highly doubt there will be enough science fact to call it science fiction.) It does involve upsetting the order of things in the world.

Posting
3rd person, past tense
Typical posts 400-600 words
Decent spelling and grammar
PM's preferred.

If interested, PM me.

Last edited:
If you are interested, PM me with your ideas and/or questions. "Like" doesn't tell me anything. Lots of people Like my RP ideas. That doesn't mean they have time for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back