• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

FearItself

There is nothing to fear
d9l6lkd-c68b9d81-249c-4550-8cb4-453e69e1f856.jpg
Welcome to the mystical realm of Parrune a world filled to the brim with magic, monsters, men, and steel. Many kingdoms have risen and fallen in this chaotic realm but none have lasted as long as the mighty kingdom of Xorn. Its emerald towers reflect light from its shimmering barrier, its imposing walls keeping the wide variety of horrid abominations from entering the glorious city.

The people of Xorn live in relative comfort protected by their kings mystical barrier, the mightiest army to ever muster on the planet of parrune, and of course their god Xemnu the cosmic dragon, who elegedly built the city out of a single emerald from deep space. Those who worship the dragon do so by bringing a portion of their wealth wether it be leathers, coin, weapons, food, ale, whatever their livlihoods may be. They load these things into one of the great towers which then launches their gifts to the great dragon in the sky once a year during the offering ceremony. None in this kingdom are so bold as to question the dragons existance...after all on clear night skies one can actually see their god in the heavens above.
tumblr_ph0v23lidj1qd9qa2o1_1280.jpg

It was this very same dragon god who crowned Sol the king of his kingdom. Since then Sol has ruled justly for nearly 4000 years as a godking granted divinity by the dragon god. He handles the quarrels between large groups, oversee's the judges to ensure their fairness, fuels the defensive barrier with his pressence on the throne, and even fuels many of the militaries magical weapons with the power Xemnu granted him. Though many attemots to usurp him have occured all met their end under his firey gaze, or at the hands of his many demigod children.
d7k07ih-65130e69-ff1a-48c7-9fc3-63a5006fdde6.jpg

However all is not well in the world of Parrune. Other kingdoms have begun to fall leading to a steady stream of refugees fleeing to Xorn with tales of organized and well armed monsters. Rumors have begun spreading of a God of the monsters. Wether or not these rumors have any merit to them is unknown but there does seem to be a surprising rise in monster power and population. As such King Sol has made a decree, his forces are to leave the safety of the barrier and seek the origin of these myths, provide aide to refugees, and fight on behalf of the kingdoms of Parrune to preserve as much life as possible. But with such a wide range of foes and battlefields erupting all over the planet one must wonder if such hopeful aims are even possible to achieve. For great and many are those which go bump in the night.
5ccc3b880a601c965b3a1573535c6a2f.jpg

(Hiya guys, this rp is a pretty straight forward fantasy rp. You guys will be playing the roles of either The soldiers of Xorn, The demigod children of Sol, the refugees of other nations, or even the soldiers of nations still standing. A few things to note, no nation comes close to Xorn in might it is a kingdom without rival and never have its walls been breached. It does have allies however, and enemies though in this day in age both find themselves in the same boat...waiting for the Emerald army to come to their aide. Monsters are not playable...but you can submit designs for monsters if you wish just keep in mind your player characters will have to fight them. There is alot of room to roam and a plot hidden under what seems to be a sandbox, your decisions Will effect the putcome of this story. Hope you all enjoy if you have any questions let me know. The threads go up this coming Wednesday.)​

Leaning towards Demigod but Im not too fussy so I'll see.
Btw, how often r u expecting posts?
Its a good pick. Sol doesnt have a domain or element of focus so his demi children can be demi gods of almost anything. Fire, lightning, ice, etc.

Its a good pick. Sol doesnt have a domain or element of focus so his demi children can be demi gods of almost anything. Fire, lightning, ice, etc.
Cool. That makes things easier. From his name, I guessed he was some sort of sun or fire god.

Also, u probably missed it from the original reply coz I edited, but how often r u expecting posts?

I'm interested! Still mulling over what character I would like to be. Is magic available to non-demigod characters, or reserved strictly for the divine?

Cool. That makes things easier. From his name, I guessed he was some sort of sun or fire god.

Also, u probably missed it from the original reply coz I edited, but how often r u expecting posts?
Nope to draw a parallel to a far more famous story think of our patron dragon god as Galactus. Our king is his Silver surfer. Demigods are the fantastic 4. :)

At least one every 3 days. I know we all have lives outside this fun place here.

I'm interested! Still mulling over what character I would like to be. Is magic available to non-demigod characters, or reserved strictly for the divine?
Everyone has magic demigods just have more physical power and a bonus to specific types of magic based on their domain. (Demigod of fire, demigod of water etc.)

Everyone has magic demigods just have more physical power and a bonus to specific types of magic based on their domain. (Demigod of fire, demigod of water etc.)
Lovely, all good to know! Count me in, I'll start thinking up a character and wait for the other pages to go up.

Also to explain the mention of King Sol fueling the weapons of the military and the barrier.

The throne actually was built for the purpose of pulling energy from Sol consistently maintaining the forcefield. It is made of a different crystalline material than the city itself was. This crystal is called magicite. There are veins of magicite running through the emerald cities foundation and shards or slivers are pften crafted into arrowheads, spearheads, or small blades. In its raw form it is connected to the throne embuing it with Sol's magical powers.

Arrows- these gain a grenade like burst of white hot fire on impact. Single use.

Spears- the tips can fire bursts of nonelemental magical energy that deal impact damage.

Daggers- gain a barrier around the blade with lightsaber like qualities.

When worked in a forge magicite becomes like metal and can be crafted into a variety of other weapon forms. It looses its connection to the throne but can now be enchanted. Armors and weapons are forged in this matter.

Legend has it that 3200 years ago a blacksmith put his finest blade into the annual offering which was jettisoned into space. The dragon god Xemnu was so pleased with the blades craftsmanship that it blessed the blade with its divine power and returned it. This blade sits beside Sol's throne where he awaits its rightful weilder to take it. (Sol is not its rightful weilder.)

Nope to draw a parallel to a far more famous story think of our patron dragon god as Galactus. Our king is his Silver surfer. Demigods are the fantastic 4. :)

At least one every 3 days. I know we all have lives outside this fun place here.

Galactus. Does he eat planets? XD

Once every three days, hmm, hopefully, I'll be able to manage that. I'm a uni student so I'd generally post between 1-3 times a week during the weekend. But I'll try ig.

Galactus. Does he eat planets? XD

Once every three days, hmm, hopefully, I'll be able to manage that. I'm a uni student so I'd generally post between 1-3 times a week during the weekend. But I'll try ig.

That can still work i won't boot you either way ill just steer the story around you if you get bogged down in your day to dayand slot you back in when your availible.

And no. Xemnu us more like a scientist. He involves himself in a planets development one way or another and observes what happens.

Also...teensey detail, Sol can shapeshift, so demigods can have Him (most commonly) be their mother or father. Though he would basically sit on the throne the whole time. Not really a good parent, Kinda a workaholic.

Also...teensey detail, Sol can shapeshift, so demigods can have Him (most commonly) be their mother or father. Though he would basically sit on the throne the whole time. Not really a good parent, Kinda a workaholic.
I see Sol has been Zeus-ing his way about on his downtime :P

Interested but a question do our characters have to look human? I was leaning toward a demi god that was like a demi god of beasts. I have a character that is a 9 foot bipedal tiger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back