• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Kids Aren't Alright | Main

Characters
Here
Other
Here

Tatum Browne

Some words were easier to ignore, and some were easier to act as if they were never even spoken. Tatum had mostly lived by acting if some words were never spoken to her and Maxine wasn’t an exception. Tatum chose to keep the fake smile on her face and keep up the fake peppy attitude, and overall just keep up the act she had been playing for so long. It wouldn’t hurt her any more than it normally did, so she would choose to keep up her entire lie of a life. Once she saw the small smile crack on Maxine’s lips Tatum knew she had won. Was it really shocking for her? Not even in the slightest. She was good at her confidence and making others think she was more than she was, and of course that sometimes helped with the desire that they had for her.

As they looked at each of the food stands Tatum could feel her stomach begin to rumble, “Alright, my beautiful what are you thinking? Nothing is too good for you” she sent a wink towards Maxine. Was Tatum really in the mood to flirt or joke? It really was questionable but mostly worry sat in the back of her mind. Wondering how much Isa was hurting herself, thinking she was helping everyone. She had to play her cards right, had to not scare Maxine off with her questions, and not let Maxine on to her ploy.

Not only was she worried for Isa, but she was wondering if Zach was actually looking for her. They may have had a good weekend, but she still felt as if he really didn’t want to try anymore. That he had been giving up on her and all she could do was keep fighting. It was hard to know when they were now at separate schools with even more separate lives. She hadn’t even gotten the chance to tell him about how her dad was going to be home soon. She kept her eyes peeled for her boyfriend while also making sure that she paid attention to Maxine. It was as if everything was all too much and yet not enough.

She felt her smile falter for a moment, “Am I boring to you, Maxine? Is that why you aren’t charmed by me? Have I lost my touch or are you immune to me?” Tatum really did wonder if maybe her charm and looks had worn off, or maybe it was that Zach really didn’t love her. Sure, everyone kept saying he did by his actions, but what actions? He cared sometimes but really, she only ever saw him caring about himself more than her. Last weekend he did try and she really hoped that it was a new life for her relationship but the gnawing feeling in her gut just wouldn’t quite leave her alone

Mention(s): Interaction(s): Dazzle Dazzle

MOOD: shrugs

OUTFIT: outfit

basics
MENTIONS:
Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler (Lemon)(Orlando)

INT:
NA
tags
TL;DR Reid intro to town, READ IT DON'T BE LAZY
tl;dr
Reid Callaway
never admit when you're wrong

Reid knew how slow Orlando was to get ready, he just wondered why the hell he hadn’t learned that. Orlando always took his time to leave the house for some reason Reid had made the mistake to offer Lando a ride, he should of just made him walk. It wasn’t like this town was that big.

“I should of made you walk!!” He called out after his friend as Lando went back down the hall.

Reid shook his head, wandering towards the kitchen. He could have chosen to watch the game with Ambrose, however the man slightly terrified him. Making Blanche the better option for the time being. Plus, maybe she would feed him one of her delicious treats. “Hi Mrs. Pierce. That rhubarb pie you and Lemon made for me and mom was amazing.” He bounced forward on the balls of his feet. He held back a gag, keeping a straight smile as he spoke. He was lying of course, but for the sake of politeness. He hated rhubarb pie, and Lemon knew it. It was the whole reason she had made it. Lando knew it too, and he spent the entire dinner snickering to himself about it. Of course, they then sent Jennifer and Reid home with their own.

“Hi sweetheart, you know you can call me Blanche, you are practically family.” Blanche spoke sweetly. “Are you hungry?” She smiled as she noticed Reid practically drooling over the banana muffins that sat on the table.

“Oh… Uh..” Reid wanted to be polite but he had already made it quite obvious with the glazed over glare he had given the plate of sweets. Blanche just gave him a look as she placed a banana muffin in the boy’s hand. “Thank you.”

Blanche just cocked an eyebrow at Reid. “You best be going boy, you and Orlando are going to miss the whole festival!”

Reid smirked, nodding as he turned away from Blanche. “Thank you.” He looked back over his shoulder before walking back out into the hall. Turning towards the stairs he took two at a time as he went to meet Lando upstairs in his room.

As he walked through the hall, twinkling lights from one of the open doors caught the corner of his eye. Reid looked over his shoulder to what he could only guess was the infamous Lemon Pierce’s room. A shaggy grey carpet covered the wood floor, throw pillows pilled around the unmade bed. The room was a lot darker than he would of imagined, no lemon memorabilia laying around.

Quickly he looked away, as he felt like he was intruding on something he shouldn’t, he knew Lemon wouldn’t want him looking in her room, especially when she wasn’t there.

All of a sudden, he felt a presence rubbing up against the lower part of his leg, looking down he saw the black cat that Lemon had mentioned. What had she called her?... It was something repetitive. He couldn’t recall her name though, the cat purred against his leg.

Reid kept walking as the black cat trotted after him as he walked towards Orlando’s room. The cat noticing his arrival at Lando’s door, she quickly turned around and sauntered back towards Lemon’s room. “Hey… What’s that cat’s name again?” Reid jabbed his thumb over his shoulder.

His eyes drifted towards the top of Orlando’s dresser to a little baggy, quickly he swiped the bag off the dresser and slipped it into his pocket. “Dude, I swear you’re the slowest person to ever get ready.” Reid threw his head back groaning as Lando finally emerged from the bathroom. “So can we go?” He raised his eyebrows, ready to get out of the Pierce’s house and finally roll up a blunt. All he wanted to do was get high and forget this stupid festival.
code by valen t.

1620431036537.png
Winnie Matthews
mood: nervous; a little tired; worried| outfit: XX | mentions: Qwertycakes Qwertycakes (Dustin); Dazzle Dazzle (Hayden); r e i r e i (Isa); | interactions: Chance; Dede Dede (Stu); Chimney Swift Chimney Swift (Oliver)

Winnie hated Twitter. Despite trying to avoid the drama that derived from it, she always found herself coming back because someone always said something that pissed her off. Something was always done that Winnie felt like she needed to put a stop to, for example when Max got bullied. And he got bullied a lot. And sometimes she would find herself back on Twitter because Kat would simply say something. Winona really needed to distance herself from that woman.

Yet, sometimes negative things weren't the only thing that pulled her attention to twitter, sometimes Ollie would say something so Ollie, she was just getting to know Stu but so far she adored him, and of course, Dustin. Every thought in the last few days have been plagued by him. It was annoying. Winnie rarely exuded this much when it come to her romantic feelings, she don't know why Dustin’s been able to make her feel the way. It made her feel a certain uncomfortable way. That's why she needed to surround herself with platonic relationships, maybe a few hostile ones, or she was going to be all loved up for her upcoming date.

Pulling her attention away from her phone, Winnie spots Stu, Oliver, and Isa. She waved as her and Chance got closer to the trio. Hey cuties. Sorry it took so long to get here. She smiles. Winnie always tried to smile. She always tried to be one less problematic person, one less burden, one less reason to make someone unhappy. Most of the time she deemed herself successful, but she did fail a few days ago though, when she spoke to Hayden. And she never smiled with Kat, it was hard to.

She looks at the two boys, excitement starting to brim at her seams as Chance moves himself to Isa's side. Oliver has always made it easy to smile (except for when he went on a stabbing spree), and ever since she'd been acquainted with Stu, the two had created a pairing that should make everyone's day. This was going to be a good start for the festival day. Stu, I am ready to buy you a burger! And I am ready for a KitKat! Stu had a gentle face and was the brighter opposite of Oliver. Stu was blonde and was wearing bright colored clothing, while Oliver's dark hair went along with the dark outfit he was adorning. Winnie always found Oliver wearing darker toned clothing. As Winnie's eyes glazed over the body of the latter boy, she noticed something. Dark blue and purple splotches kissed the pale skin on Oliver's neck and Winnie could tell that Oliver was trying to hide them.

The semi-hidden bruises immediately causes for the smile to melt from Winnie's face. Her eyes soften, a slight sting accompanying the change. She could not cry right now, not now. But the sight kind of hurt, but she couldn't make assumptions, maybe she'll ask him or maybe she'll let him decide to talk to her. She wasn't sure what to do because someone that she was starting to care about could possibly be in danger. Winnie wills for her chaotic thoughts in her mind to calm down and a weak smile pulls itself together on her face, however, they do not reach her eyes. Hopefully no one else would notice. Hey Ollie, this is my formal request to give you a hug. She hoped that he let her, because there was strong possibility that she wasn't going to let go.

Last edited:

Lemon Pierce

As Lemon looked at Max, her head tilted in confusion because they had made it to the festival in one piece. Sure, she had hit a couple of cones but that was it, so she thought she had done a really good job of driving with Max. His glare said much more and all she could do was roll her eyes at him. She couldn’t understand why everyone kept saying she was a bad driver, because if she was, she would have some kind of ticket, or have been in some big accident. The dents were minor, and they didn’t really mean all that much in the grand scheme of her driving, it just meant she didn’t know the dimensions of the truck so sometimes things would hit the truck. It wasn’t that big of a deal, her dad never made it seem like it was. So why was everyone else?

She motioned to Max to follow, and of course he had a lot to complain about on Twitter. This only led to more eye rolls but at least they were still mostly having a good time.

Max was still dragging behind and Lemon marched over and dragged the boy behind her, even though he had quite a bit more height compared to her. Her patience was at zero and she was getting her cider slush if it was the only thing she did. Her priorities were in getting a slush and maybe getting Max a ginger ale. It would help his stomach but not his drama queen attitude about how she drove. With Max in two Lemon weaved through the crowd of people knowing how to maneuver because most people paid no attention to her anyways.

She plopped the in the line where she saw her prize, the coveted slush and she smiled back up at Max. He still didn’t look all that thrilled but he would get over it, right? His mood would change, and he would enjoy himself. Or at least that’s what Lemon kept convincing herself of. Then all they had to do was wait for Hayden and it would be super fun. Max knew Hayden because Hayden and Harper were siblings. That meant Hayden and Max must get along, though really Lemon was assuming this. She wanted to spend time with Hayden, but she had also planned a day to hang with Max. Her friendship with Hayden was fun and exciting, something she wanted to further develop, see if maybe he liked her. She hadn’t shown a lot of interest in people, besides her intrigue in Kat, and now Hayden.

She wanted to feel normal, like she wasn’t a social reject for not dating, or not even attempting to date. Hayden was nice, he was simple, he didn’t make her feel flustered, confused, or even upset like Kat sometimes did. She enjoyed the simplicity of liking Hayden, wearing his hoodie, getting ice cream, simple aspects that she enjoyed. He didn’t make her feel like her enjoyments were childish, but he actively agreed with what she found fun and yet he didn’t make her feel like she had to like him and that had to mean he was good. That was the hope at least.

Shaking out her thoughts and back to Max, “Do you want a soda?” she knew his stomach was still probably upset and carbonation helped sometimes with that. She wanted to help him out even if it was with a tiny soda. It’s how friends work they help where they can even with something as small as a soda.

Mention(s): Dazzle Dazzle Interaction(s): Chimney Swift Chimney Swift

Orlando Pierce

Orlando rolled his eyes as he heard Reid call out to him. Why was he acting as if this wasn’t the normal routine whenever they had plans to go anywhere? As if Orlando didn’t make sure that his appearance was perfection before leaving the house. He had an image to uphold, and some small apple town wasn’t changing that for him. Once in the bathroom he looked at the mirror and stared at his own reflection. His eyes looked tired, he looked tired. He couldn’t remember the last time he hadn’t felt tired but laced with his tiredness was frustration. Stuck in a place he didn’t care to be in, and he had to act like his life was perfect. Dealing with his cousin who whenever they crossed paths said nothing to him and the same was done in return. He felt like an outcast amongst his family and it was Lemon’s fault.

She knew it was, she knew exactly why too and yet she acted as if she was always the victim. Sure, as kids he had teased her, but it had been mostly harmless. The worms…a little more harmful. However, the dynamic had changed, and Lemon wouldn’t accept any blame, and everything was his fault. Everything bad that happened…his fault and she didn’t even care. So why should he care about her happiness in this stupid town?

It was Reid’s words from the room that snapped him back to getting himself ready. His hair wasn’t doing what he wanted no matter how much he teased it and no matter how much product he added it wasn’t doing what he wanted and eventually he gave up. With one last look to make sure everything looked cohesive he emerged from the bathroom, “Well, darling I suppose we can go. Do I need to carry your purse too?” He didn’t understand why Reid wanted to even rush getting there. It was going to be a bore and they both knew it deep down, so why not prolong the inevitable? As they left his room, he saw the cat appear, “Her name is Fifi.” He finally answered Reid’s question.

It didn’t take long for them to go down the steps, say their goodbyes to Blanche and Ambrose and for Ambrose to turn around and look at them, “Orlando, don’t forget about curfew. You break it, you drive with Lemon. You boys best stay outta trouble.” The curfew was dumb, but Orlando didn’t like the alternative and nodded at his uncles’ words, “Alright, let’s go Reid.”

MOOD: Reminiscent

basics
MENTIONS:

NA

INT:
@lion. (Zach)
tags
TL;DR Caramel apples at the festival
tl;dr
Harper Anderson
when you wear a mask for so long, you forget who is behind it.

Harper tilted her head quizzically boring a look of puzzlement. “I’m here with you right now.” Harper got that, she could see that. She just didn’t understand why, though she wouldn’t ask. The last thing she needed was Zach to see her lack of confidence. Her self-doubt in being of interest to anyone who was outside of her own circle. She was quiet, she didn’t reach out to others, she didn’t go out of her own way to make friends.

Sawyer, she was extroverted, she loved to talk to just about anyone and everyone. Anyone who would bother to listen that was, even some who didn’t. Sometimes Harper found herself nodding along, zoning out into her own world. Max, well he was quiet, Harper and him, they could just sit in silence happily. When they did talk, it just… It was nice, she felt heard, and she hoped he did too. Even if he had begun being distant with her.

And Winnie, well they mostly ran in different circles. But even so the two of them were rather similar, however they always got stuck in the middle of their brother’s fights. The two boys were constantly butting heads, for no reason that either Harper or Winnie could see. Half the time the two of them would laugh at the stupid feuds they would start.

Still Harper couldn’t figure out who Zach was, what he was trying to get from this friendship. He asked for help with Tatum, when she was practically a stranger at the time, but yet he didn’t like what she had to say about his relationship either. “I think you might of hit your head in that accident.” She smirked, pocking hard at Zach’s chest.

“After letting you trick me, into going to the diner with you.” She crossed her arms dropping her weight onto her good leg. She was so used to avoiding putting too much weight on it she would just absentmindedly avoid it all together. She rolled her head tilting it to the side when he caught her completely off guard with the rest of the words that followed.

She stopped talking at a loss for words, was Zachary Lee being… Nice? “I-uh… Thanks? I think.” He had just called her atrociously great, or greatly atrocious she was no longer sure. Were either even a compliment…

“-funny.” She coughed out a laugh that could only be described as dripping in sarcasm. “You were the one leaving skid marks around town.”

Zach was constantly changing his angle it seemed, it could give anyone whiplash trying to figure out what he was trying to get at, in each sentence he was back tracking or off on a whole different path. She wondered how Tatum could put up with such chaos, and how him and Sawyer could get along, when the two of them loved to listen to their own voice speak. “It’s not my fault you don’t like what I have to say.” She rolled her eyes, the smirk on her face slowly reappearing.

Harper shivered as the wind blew again, and before Harper could even realize she was cold, there Zach was, offering her his sweatshirt. And instinctively, she reached towards it. “Oh… I..” Harper swallowed her words pulling her hand back quickly. “No… Its fine really.”

“You’ll just regret it anyways, at least I have a long sleeve.”

She chuckled at his next comment, Zach seemed to have received a new name for himself, by giving all his clothes away, to practically anyone. “Plus, you really will be walking around this place in your birthday suit if you keep giving your clothes away.” Harper raised an eyebrow, a mischievous smirk on her lips. “And trust me, no one wants to see that.”
code by valen t.

MOOD: Nervous

OUTFIT: here

basics
MENTIONS:

Winona ALittleRedLie ALittleRedLie

INT:

Ashley tamarapasek tamarapasek

tags
TL;DR: Romeo has kissing anxiety
tl;dr
Dustin Thackery
I'll sit and wonder of every love that could've been
if I'd only thought of something charming to say
"Has Nona ever kissed before? I dunnoooo...." Dustin groaned, rubbing at his eyes exasperatedly. "Probably! I mean, she's really hot, and a junior. She probably has tons of guys lining up to kiss her." He frowned as the question that had been plaguing him all week popped into his mind again to taunt him. Why is this amazing girl hanging out with a dweeb like me? Despite all evidence to the contrary, Dustin couldn't help but think maybe he'd misread the situation completely; that they were just friends this entire time, and kissing had no business even entering the equation. "Anyway, I never asked. It's not like I'm her boyfriend or anything." With a scowl, Dustin stuffed both hands in his pockets, shoulders slumped forward in defeat.

Ashley's suggestion made him stop short in his tracks, however, head snapping to the side to shoot an incredulous look at Ashley. "Wait, what??" Dustin managed to sputter out a response with a nervous laugh, blushing profusely. "You're joking, right?" He turned fully to rest his quizzical stare on Ashley, and to his shock, she appeared to be dead serious.

"I mean...you'd do that for me?" He asked sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck in thought. While a kiss with Ashley was something Dustin had fantasized about many, many times, he couldn't help thinking this might not be a good idea. He'd finally just begun to take a step back from his pining for Ashley and focus on someone else, someone he might actually have a shred of a chance with.

Not to mention he had a date with this very same person later that day. While they were far from am official couple or anything, something about kissing another girl right before meeting up with Winnie didn't quite sit well with him. But in the end, Dustin couldn't bring himself to pass on such an opportunity. After all, would the chance to kiss Ashley ever be presented to him like this again?

Dustin was acutely aware of the the precious seconds ticking by while he weighed the pros and cons, and he didn't want to risk Ashley changing her mind about the whole thing if he appeared too hesitant. Instead, he found himself swiftly grabbing Ashley by the arm and pulling her along until she followed. "Wait, come on..." Dropping his grasp on her, he lead Ashley to a more secluded area, the empty lot behind a row of concession stands. It's not like he needed the entire festival watching him awkwardly receive a pity kiss from a girl that had zero romantic interest in him.

"This is weird..." Dustin grinned stupidly, now unable to keep from awkwardly fidgeting, and stuffed his hands, clammy from nerves, back in his pockets. Suddenly realized he'd been staring at Ashley's pretty face, entranced by her alluringly full lips for entirely too long, reminded of the day he first met her and how struck by her beauty he was. Dustin finally tore his gaze away to stare at the ground instead, idly kicking at a pebble. "Soooo what do we do?" He swallowed hard before venturing a gaze back up to Ashley, his dark brown eyes sparkling with nervous excitement.

MOOD: tired

basics
MENTIONS:
r e i r e i
@lion. (@Zach)

INT:
Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler
tags
TL;DR wondering why she even bothered to show up to the apple festival
tl;dr
Maxine Rhodes
she wears darkness, like some wear the little black dress

Maxine’s small smile continued to grow; she could only avoid Tatum’s candor for so long. Even if it would only last for so long. She bumped her shoulder into the blonde girl standing beside her. “Your flattery won’t get you anywhere.”

“I’m not going to talk just because you offer me food and call me pretty.” She rolled her eyes, kicking a rock across the dirt. Maxine spoke with a sarcastic tone, almost out of habit. Maxine was serious though. She wasn’t going to talk to Isa or talk about her. She hoped that she had gotten the point across, because she wasn’t changing her mind. “You’re buying, you pick.”

Maxine zoned out staring at the rock that she had just kicked. What she had said to Isa wasn’t right, but she was hurt. Isa said she was stuck dealing drugs because of Maxine. How was she supposed to take that, Maxine didn’t want anyone do anything for her in the first place. Why would Isa even think that Maxine could be okay with this. It was what took her mom from her, it was what drove her father away.

Her life was a mess as it was, drugs did that to her. They took everything from her. She had no one to turn to. Claire wanted more, more than Maxine would ever be able to give. And… As much as she wanted to believe Tatum was here for the right reasons. Tatum was here to see if she was okay, Maxine still had to believe that she was here for Isa.

Isa didn’t have to sell, at least not for Maxine. Maxine had been doing just fine on her own, she always survived on her own. She didn’t need anyone. Needing people just gave to more heart break.

Maxine shook her head as Tatum spoke again. “No…” She thought for a moment before she spoke again. “I’m just not in the mood.” Maxine never thought those words would come out of her mouth. She had always been in the mood to flirt, get any attention where she could. But right now… She just didn’t have it in her, she felt entirely empty. “Are we getting food?” Maxine wasn’t even sure she was hungry any longer.
code by valen t.

MOOD: Excited

basics
MENTIONS: N/A

INT: Soap Soap

tags
TL;DR UNLIMITED GAMES, also giant koala
tl;dr
Clark
Be a best friend, tell the truth, and overuse I love you.

There was nothing on Earth that Clark Holland loved more than the Parish Point Apple Festival. Clark was a simple guy with simple wants. All he really needed to be happy was apple pie and his best friend and there was an abundance of both of those things here right now. Clark was walking alongside Josie up to the festival, hands shoved in the pockets of the Carhartt vest he had on over a green hoodie. He’d been helping his dad fix a fence before going to pick Josie up and the pocket of his vest had gotten caught on some barbed wire so there was a small hole where you could just see the skin of his knuckle peeking out beneath it. The rest of his outfit consisted of simple jeans and a pair of sneakers he’d pulled on just before leaving. Contrary to popular belief, Clark did wear something other than work boots on occasion, especially when he knew he was going to be walking for a long time like today. There were a lot of little booths set up around the fairgrounds. Clark’s dad had told him once that they tried to get the festival moved out the to orchards one year because the fairgrounds had flooded due to being so close to the beach and some weirdly high tides on top of rain and a lot of other weird happenings, but the town had been so insistent on tradition that they’d just ended up having the festival in a flooded field and calling it the Water Apples Festival. Clark hadn’t even been born when that happened. He couldn’t imagine trying to walk all day through half a foot of water, much less trying to pull floats through it. Thankfully, the ground below them today was dry and the weather was clear. The perfect day for the festival really. Clark couldn’t help the small smile that graced his face as he and Josie approached the ticket booth. Josie stepped forward like she was about to pay for her own tickets but that was an absolutely ridiculous notion that Clark blanched at as he gently placed his hand atop her head and moved her backwards away from the ticket man.

“No, ma’am. You stay right there.” Clark patted her on the head and turned back to the rather annoyed looking kid working the ticket booth, “Hi, uh,” He glanced at the pricing sheet just behind the kid and drew his eyebrows together in thought until he spotted an “all-you-can-play” option at the very bottom of the list for about 30 bucks a person. Clark pointed vaguely in the direction of the wristbands on sitting behind the kid, “We’ll do the wristbands. Two, thank ya.” With a heaving sigh, the ticket man...kid, handed two bright red wristbands to Clark who, in turn, handed him the money he owed and Clark and Josie shuffled away from the ticket booth. They stopped a few feet away from it to put their wristbands on. Clark handed Josie hers with a grin and stuck his on quickly. He’d have to cut it off later, he’d never been very good at getting those godforsaken things off. Now that they had their wristbands secured they set about finding a game to play. The first one Clark spotted was one of those ones where you have to throw baseballs at milk jugs to win prizes, but that wasn’t what he was interested in. What really caught Clark’s eye was the absolutely massive stuffed koala hanging above the booth operators head. Clark’s hand shot out and grasped Josie’s hand between his before taking off toward the booth, weaving between meandering people until they were standing in front of the booth. Koalas were Josie’s favorite. So he obviously had to try and win the thing before they did anything else or he was a bad friend forever. Clark flashed his wristband at the worker and smiled at Josie as he picked up the baseballs.

“I’ll bet you money that I can win you that koala. Easy.”
code by valen t.

tumblr_noaselH6mT1sixguco2_500.gif

After their day of ice skating Lulu had successfully snuck back in to her room using the arbor. Her mom had been none the wiser, and in a surprising turn of events offered to lessen her sentence for good behavior. On a condition of course. It was decided at her parole meeting that Lulu could get her phone back early so long as she picked up a new extracurricular. The two agreed that the young girl would pick up a new instrument. Amalia wanted her daughter to take up the piano but Lulu cleverly pointed out that a smaller instrument would allow her to practice anywhere. The truth was that she really didn't want to play piano, but that didn't make her point any less valid. She had until after the festival to decide on an instrument or she would lose her privileges again and be back under house arrest for another week.

The first person Tallulah messaged once she got her phone back was Sawyer. She had left a message asking if she was okay and the brunette hadn't been able to reply properly. She asked the blonde if Max was still mad at her, which she was assured she wasn't, but Lulu wasn't entirely convinced. She had also wanted to talk about what happened at the ice rink but didn't want to seem stupid to a new friend. Instead she just sat in her new and confusing emotions. Every day she would spend time meditating in the sun room trying to sort out her thoughts about that ice skating trip, and more specifically; Graham. It wasn't until the Thursday before the apple festival that a possible answer came to her. Was this what a crush was? Oh no. No, that wasn't acceptable at all. Graham was her friend, she couldn't have any other feelings. Especially considering that there was no chance that he would ever have any other feelings for her either. How did one stop a crush before it fully developed? This was all new experiences for Lulu and she wasn't sure she cared for them one bit. Hopefully the apple festival would be a good enough distraction. Perhaps if Lulu just ignored her new feelings they would dissipate and she could go back to being normal friends with Graham. She didn't want to have every interaction with him to now be awkward. That wouldn't be fair to him.

Lulu wandered about the apple festival, occasionally checking in on twitter. She felt like she had missed a lot of information but there wasn't really anything she could do about it being grounded as she was. She asked the public for help deciding on an instrument and Ivy was kind enough to give her a list of instruments that were portable. She also asked her a few...uncomfortable questions about her mother. Mrs. Woods wasn't tyrannical...right? Lulu did what her mother said because that was what you're supposed to do...but what Ivy was saying, well it was threatening to shake the Woods girl's worldview. She went and got a flower crown to distract herself. Ivy's ideas were certainly distracting but not exactly the kind of distraction Lulu was hoping for. The petite girl watched carefully as nimble hands worked to make the crown in hopes of being able to replicate the motions herself.

Once florally adorned Lulu continued to wander about without any true purpose. There was a brief interaction with Kat that was less than enjoyable for the Woods girl. Kat was intimidating to her. She had the same type of powerful presence that told the world she got whatever she wanted, even if by force. The same type of presence Amalia Woods had. Lulu wasn't aware that that aura was obtainable by a teenager, and Kat having it was a little scary. It made Lulu feel very small and insignificant every time Kat spoke to her.

A man stopped Lulu and asked if she was lost, receiving a mildly confused expression in return. "Not all who wander are lost." She said simply before returning to her phone and moving on. She was now wandering with a small but of purpose; she was on the lookout for Lemon as she said she wanted some people to sky gaze with her. There were others who volunteered so she wasn't too concerned about not being able to find her. If only she wasn't so short it'd be easier to see through the crowds. Lulu tried to crane her neck around people's forms but to no avail, so she tried jumping, which really only added a few inches; not nearly enough to see over the sea of adults. Normally the small brunette was fairly graceful on her feet but the earth of the fairgrounds wasn't even and so she lost her footing and stumbled backwards. Right into a familiar blonde figure that towered over her. "Hi Sawyer!" Her tone was as bright and cheery as the smile that immediately formed on her lips. KingofAesir KingofAesir

OUTFIT:
here (replace the hooded jacket with her letterman oooh)

basics
MENTIONS: Max Chimney Swift Chimney Swift , Winnie ALittleRedLie ALittleRedLie

INT: Lulu PenguinFox PenguinFox

tags
TL;DR Sawyer's car is her baby and Lulu's cooler than funnel cake
tl;dr
Sawyer
And after all I can't know anything at all because I'm just a space cadet with no one to make my bed.

Sawyer had slept well into the afternoon, probably an after effect of staying up until past midnight trying to beat a level in some old game that her dad had in the garage. She was fairly certain it was an old nintendo or something but for the life of her, she hadn’t been able to do it. So when she’d opened her eyes and discovered that it was nearing 1 o’clock she started rushing to get to the fair. Some funnel cake sounded about good right now and she wanted to get there to get some before it was gone, because all those little rats would definitely steal all of it before she got there. It’s happened before, don’t say anything. She did end up idling for a few minutes, messing around with Winnie and Max on Twitter though. Threatening to buy out the funnel cake before Winnie could get any and preventing Max from going on his millionth throwdown with Kat. That boy was going to be the death of her one day.

Upon going downstairs she discovers that her father had in fact already left for work that day. She opened the fridge and grabbed the last of the grape juice out of it, not bothering to pour it into a cup since there was only a little left. Sawyer gulped down the rest of the juice and tossed it into the trash can on her way out of the door. Her hands worked to pull her hair back into a ponytail as she walked out to her car, stopping to admire it for a moment with her hands at her hips and a grin on her face. She’d spent years working on Jenny ever since she and her father had bought her from some old guy just outside of Boston. The shape that she’d been in back then had been appalling. Sawyer had to replace the entire engine and the top of the car had been completely missing as it wasn’t easy to find a convertible top for a ‘67 convertible near Parish Point, much less anything else. It had also been a sickening green color when they bought it, and she was fairly certain someone had painted it at one point because they didn’t factory make that color puke green convertible, or at least she hoped they didn’t. So they’d had to sand it down and paint it over a more traditional blue that didn’t make Sawyer want to cry when she looked at it. Jenny had been a project that had taken years to get to the point she was at now and there were still some kinks that needed to be worked out. But otherwise she was perfect as ever.

“Don’t you worry about what anyone says about you, sweetheart.” Sawyer ran her hand over the hood of the car as she opened the drivers side door and climbed inside, smiling at the black leather covered steering wheel and patting it affectionately, “You’re perfect just the way you are.” And with that she was off. Down the driveway and turning down the street toward the fairgrounds that most of the year was just a big empty patch of grass that people used as like a makeshift park. There were already a ton of people there by the time Sawyer arrived and she briefly considered actually making good on her promise to crash into the funnel cake stand simply because of how frustrated she was getting with the lack of parking. But that would mean injuring Jenny and we couldn’t have that, besides an empty parking space had just manifested in front of her as if the sheer force of her frustration had put it there. So once she was safely parked in a place that wasn’t the funnel cake stand, Sawyer set about trying to find the funnel cake stand, or Winnie so she could keep the other girl from getting there first. Either would do. But she ended up finding neither of those things as she moved through the crowd and instead something a little better found her. Someone’s body came tumbling into and Sawyer had been so focused on looking for funnel cake that she didn’t see who it was so she was about to start giving them a piece of her mind until she looked down and saw who it was. The annoyance was gone instantaneously and replaced with a pleasant grin as Sawyer grabbed Lulu by the arms and set her back safely on her feet.

“Hello to you too, long time no see, my forest dwelling flower girl.” Sawyer gestured to the flower crown on top of Lulu’s head, “Nice touch.” Somewhere from the deep recesses of her mind she managed to grab some confidence and a wink accompanied the compliment but then that confidence was immediately gone and she was rubbing the back of her neck a little sheepishly.

“Uh, are you looking for someone or something? You were jumping around a lot there.” Sawyer had seen someone jumping up and down out of the corner of her eye and had only just now connected the dots and decided that that had been Lulu, “Do you want me to help you find em?” No. Hang out with me, funnel cake can wait.

code by valen t.

MOOD: infatuated

basics
MENTIONS:
ALittleRedLie ALittleRedLie (Chance)

INT:
Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler (Lemon)
Chimney Swift Chimney Swift (Max)
tags
TL;DR hayden got a teddy bear for lemon and is now watching them make flower crowns
tl;dr
Hayden Anderson
you get what you give

Hayden had been looking forward to the Apple Festival all year long, he was even more excited to get to spend some more time out of school with the one and only, Lemon Pierce. They had a good time together at the ice cream parlor, till they bumped into Winnie and Chance… Then everything had gotten odd, the air around them almost seemed to feel thicker all of a sudden. Hayden himself had been worried it was because of him, maybe he had acted too much like a boyfriend to Lemon when they were only friends.

He felt like he had to make it up to her somehow, right? And he knew the perfect way to do so.

Hayden had gotten to the fair early, he had to make sure he had the perfect surprise set up for Lemon. The lines at the fair from the early mornings were always ridiculously long. Now Hayden had thought that there was enough time for him to do this, at least before Lemon and Max got there, they were watching movies all morning, weren’t they?

Hayden played game after game, racking up as many tickets as he could. He wanted to get the best and biggest prize he could for Lemon, as an apology for over stepping. Even if she didn’t say he had, he just wanted to make sure they were… Okay… Even though she had acted like everything was normal.

Lemon had mentioned something about flower crowns? Hayden didn’t even know that it was a booth at the fair. His family and him had religiously visited the fair, and yet he had always missed that. It probably had a lot to do with his extreme interest in every game and then his focus on the sweets and confections that were sold.

Well, the obsession with fair games had obviously paid off as Hayden had retrieved enough tickets to get that prize, the one he had set his eyes on from the moment he stepped onto the field, maybe he was a little late to flower crowning, but hopefully they hadn’t waited up for him. Hayden was just planning to watch anyways.

As he exchanged the tickets for a giant stuffed teddy bear, Hayden’s smile grew. He hoped that Lemon would like it, tucking the bear under his arm he took off across the field, in the direction of what he thought would be the direction of the flower crown making station… He probably should have asked, as he was already late and really didn’t have a lot of time to get lost on the field.

But—the field wasn’t that big, it would be impossible for him to get lost…

He was wrong. He got lost.

Hayden asked one of the first people he saw, who told him that the craft stations, were back over by the games. Where Hayden had already been. All. Morning.

He took a deep breath before booking it back across the field, adjusting the giant bear that was stuck under his arm as he ran. Moments later a slightly out of breath Hayden appeared at the crown making table to find Lemon and Max.

Right, Max was coming. He had forgotten that.

“Hey.” Hayden smirked, his body leaned towards Lemon, almost as if he was going in for a hug, but he quickly pulled back. Sticking his free hand into his front jean pocket, rocking back and forth on the balls of his feet. Hayden only waved to Max, even though his sister had learned so much ASL the past few years, he still didn’t know much. Despite how much time he spent around Max when they were younger.

Hayden just smiled, he was quiet, completely zoned out and infatuated with Lemon as she stood in front of him. He had completely forgotten about the bear that he had tucked under his arm.

“Oh.. Uh.” Hayden shook his head, remembering that he was with company. “This.. This is for you.” He awkwardly held out the bear in front of him. “Sorry I’m late… I wanted to get you something to make up for last weekend. I think I overstepped and made you uncomfortable.” He licked his lips awkwardly staring at the ground, tucking both hands into his pockets as Lemon took the bear from him.

“So where’s your crowns? Don’t tell me you haven’t started!” Hayden tipped his head back, smirking sarcastically. Hayden pointed to the top of his head when he caught Max’s eye, he really needed to learn more words. Or at least the letters.
code by valen t.

MOOD: Nauseous

OUTFIT: dressed to depress.

basics
MENTIONS:
Zach
Kat
Isa

INT:
Lemon Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler
Hayden Dazzle Dazzle

tags
TL;DR
Max takes a "fake it 'til you make it" approach to having fun.
tl;dr
Max Berkowitz

"It's Fine."

Somehow, after he finally stopped coughing up his guts on the side of the road, Max felt a little less dead. Now that the whole ordeal was over and he was sure he would never willingly enter Lemon’s truck again, he was able to straighten up and try to put on a brave face before he found himself suddenly being tugged along by the wrist towards the Apple Festival. She was still shockingly unfazed after the drive up, looking at Max’s miserable reaction as though she were genuinely confused about what the problem was. Max could only roll his eyes and try to keep his feet under him as Lemon hurried them onto the fairgrounds.

At the first glance of it all, Max almost seemed to brighten up a little. The familiar smells and colors, the whole town all gathered together and having fun… Max himself had fun here before. Town fairs were always a good time, really; at least he thought so. It was part of what made Parish Point so incredibly charming.
Max still loved this town, despite all the strife it caused him. Parish Point was the first place that he ever had a real identity-- the first time he ever had friends, and things to fight for.

Still, despite the festival lifting his mood, it was still much colder than he thought it was going to be today. Though he was shivering under his flannel shirt, he didn't bother complaining about it. It was his own fault for being too afraid to go into his coat closet and have to come face-to-face with Zach's jacket. (One day, he swore, he was going to suck it up and return it. That day was not today.)

The first thing Lemon wanted was cider slush: she’d been chattering about it nonstop on Twitter, so clearly she’d been waiting all year for this. Max tried to hang back away from the stand and let her pick it up by herself, but he predictably ended up getting pulled alongside her into the line.

“Do you want a soda?” She offered, evidently having noticed he was still hunched over and clenching his teeth.
There was a twinge of concern in her expression. He forced down the instinct to apologize for worrying her, but after thinking about it, he was actually very impressed that she remembered the sign for soda. It wasn’t like he said that every day, after all; Lemon really was learning a lot. That little word was somehow enough to bring a smile back onto his face.

"No. I've got it. It's fine. Thanks." Max dug through his pocket for his wallet. Then his other pocket. Then the first pocket again, as if he thought there was a chance he’d missed it the first time. His face fell, a long exasperated sigh escaping him. Of course, he’d left his money at home.

Max never left his house without forgetting anything. Be it his wallet, keys, bag, homework, jacket… he’d forget to bring his own head if he could. This wasn’t the only reason he thought he was stupid, but it was one of them. It would be nice, he thought, to be able to hold everything together for just one day.
He looked back at Lemon, already shaking a bit. “I don’t really need…”

The look on Lemon’s face told him he wasn’t going to be able to turn down her generosity.

"...actually, that would be nice."

It wouldn’t be fair to her if he did, anyway: the whole reason he was here was that it would make her happy. He couldn’t ruin that by being a downer-- at least, he was trying not to. He forced another smile, less convincing than his last, knowing he was already doing a poor job of trying to seem like he was having fun.
Lemon was a good friend. The least he could do for her was let her have a good day for once.

He really was grateful for the soda, though, he decided a few minutes later. At the very least, being less dehydrated and nauseous would help keep up the facade of enjoying himself. He kept telling himself that it didn’t have to be a facade at all if he could just let himself forget for a minute that he could run into Zach or Isa or Kat at any time.

Once Lemon had thoroughly rejoiced in her slushy, she was already excitably announcing that their next stop was the flower crown stand. She’d spontaneously decided to invite Hayden along. Max didn’t object, though he was a bit thrown off-guard. Lemon had really thought this trip out, hadn’t she? Max hadn’t even planned on being here at all. That said, he was actually pretty interested in the flower crowns. Plants were his passion, and while he was more fond of live houseplants than cut flowers, he wanted to see what they had on offer. It could be fun.

After a few minutes of standing awkwardly by the craft booths, Hayden finally found them: he’d let them know on Twitter that he was busy with a surprise… Max, who didn’t enjoy surprises, had tried to push for an explanation, but luckily it was nothing too terrible.
Max’s eyes lingered on the giant plush bear that Hayden gave to Lemon. One of his eyebrows lifted warily and he tilted his head to the side as if trying to solve a riddle in his head. It wasn’t like it was particularly weird of Hayden to give a gift to a friend, but Max had noticed earlier on that Lemon was wearing an oversized boy’s hoodie. He hadn’t thought anything of it then, but putting two and two together he couldn’t help but question if something was up.

... Lemon seemed to have been getting a lot of that kind of attention recently.

Obviously, Hayden didn’t have much to say to Max; what with the language barrier and all. Harper had become quite capable in ASL over the years, but he and Hayden had just never been that close.
For some reason, Max had never been able to make friends with other boys. He didn’t understand why.

Hayden turned back to Max only once as he talked to Lemon, pointing to the side of his own head, but Max only stared back with blank confusion: he was a little concerned by the gesture, but he didn’t want to ask straight-up if Hayden had just called him stupid. Sometimes Max couldn’t help but worry about what people said about him when they knew he wouldn’t understand. When all he could do was wait for Lemon to finish talking, it was all too easy to dwell on catastrophizing.

Letting his eyes lower, he dug his hands into his pockets and rocked back on his heels, trying to mentally bully himself into staying enthusiastic.

code by valen t.

Last edited:

ISABELLA ALEJA EDISON-ROSE

mood: broken and hungover + location: heading to liz’s booth + outfit: xxx + tags: Dede Dede Chimney Swift Chimney Swift ALittleRedLie ALittleRedLie PenguinFox PenguinFox

Isa glanced up and sees the two boys. She smiled softly as them, faking a smile is the one of her best gifts. No one needed to know how broken and hurt she was at the moment. Especially these kids, one of them obviously sheltered from the world and the other seen too much of it's darkness like her. She wanted them to have fun today and forget about the world. They didn't need to worry about a girl whose heart is gone and is just an empty shell. They just needed someone to buy them ice cream, and pretend that the world is fine for one day. To pretend that they were alright for one goddamn day. She walks up to them, taking out her sunglasses and putting them on her face to hide her apparent hungover and still kinda drunk eyes.

Isa looks at Stu first, the kid was as innocent as a baby. Having a father as a pastor must make it so that the world could never do any bad. He stood there smiling at everything around them, and it was just like a kid in the candy store. She ruffles his hair immediately once she walks up to them. She looks at the ice cream and glance at the vendor, before handing him an $50. "Get them whatever they want. And keep the change." Oliver on the other hand, was way different then his friend. His eyes were shifty, and scared. You could tell even from a mile away that he was a second away from a panic attack. She also could tell that he was wary of her, of anyone really, but especially her. The reason why was obvious, he had bruises that weren’t well hidden, and his experiences with drunk people weren’t good either. And Isa was most definitely drunk or at least hungover. She shook her head and nodded to the boys ”Get whatever you want. If your friends want some too, they are covered as well. “ She was about to walk off when Chance and Winnie Matthews walked up.

Isa had spoked to Winnie before, especially when regarding Max. She could tell that the girl truly cared for her little brother. She nods at them ”I paid for everyone if you guys wanted some ice cream. Make sure they get their ice cream alright?” She mumbles to the two teens before she begins to head out. Isa stops and takes out another 50 dollars and hands it to Winnie. ”For Max’s plant...tell him i love him. “ She mumbles softly to Winnie as she looks down. Anyone could tell that Max was someone important to her. Hell, it was only Max that was beginning to doubt that. Anyone else, literally everyone else could tell her true feelings about him. Isa was simply just being Isa and pushing him away.

She looks at Chance ”If you still wanna hang out, we are hanging this weekend. At a spot I know. Only rule is that, you bring your own cup.” She says with a smirk as she walks away. Isa then heads towards Liz’s booth. She honestly just wants to sit down and chill for a moment. And since she’s staying with Liz anyway, she might as well hide out at her booth. That girl has become a unexpected friend and one that she needed at the moment. One that she needed to help her get out of this destructive path that she is currently on right now. She just needs someone to tell her that she’s gonna get through this.
coded by natasha.

Katherine Navarro
“Hell is empty and all the devils are here. "

@Princess.Navarro has set their status to:
Keeping company.

@Princess.Navarro has set their outfit to:
Casual enough?

@Princess.Navarro has interacted with:
Lemon, Hayden, Max

@Princess.Navarro has mentioned:
N/A

@Princess.Navarro has tagged:
Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler Dazzle Dazzle Chimney Swift Chimney Swift

Katherine despised family dinners.

Especially now that Ben was off at college, it was the three of them and there was no one to break the tension that sat in the air. The tension that could be cut with a knife. Speaking of, Katherine had things like this well-versed by now. Utensils were in both hands as she mimicked her parents as they did, all without doing the actual deed. "Any plans this evening?" She asked, momentarily distracting her parents from their dinner to glance up at her before taking a wary gaze towards her own plate.

A plate that Kat was clearly working on. Her phone had started buzz continuously, she glanced over and decided to put it on silent and returned her attention back to her parents as they spoke.

"...We have company coming over tonight." Her mother said, averting her gaze.

Well, this was the first she'd heard of this.

Now, the early dinner had begun to make sense... some sense, at least. Guests had to be fed too, so what exactly was their plan here? "And I'm just finding out about this now? Shouldn't I have been aware sooner? I can't be seen like this." Katherine gestured to her outfit-- which, wasn't a bad outfit at all, but if anything-- Kat has at least two outfits a day, call it shallow, whatever you will but it wasn't an outfit for company, no matter who it was...

"We didn't think you'd... be staying in."

Ah. So it was a suggestion to actually leave the house.

Which had only meant one thing.

Business.

"Well, does this company have anything to do with why my cards have been getting declined?" She asked, clearly curious in what the mix up had been. Her father had practically cut off her mother from answering, barely even getting the chance to open her mouth as his voice spoke over her sad attempt of a sentence.

"No."

If she was Ben, she'd probably get a lot more than a firm no. Which was a sad thing, Katherine was much more business oriented than her brother. It was hard to believe if he even knew the smallest thing about running anything.

"Have you been running the numbers since Barcelona? Have you check if the inter--" It was no secret to why they've moved in Barcelona in the first place, a business opportunity raised and they believed it was best to move there for the time being.

Granted, they hadn't expected to come back.

And that only raised more questions for Katherine to ask and not get answered.

"It's none of your concern, Katherine."

"Isn't it?"

His words had made the brunette clench her jaw involuntarily out of frustration, to which it softened for a moment as Alexa approached her, gesturing towards her plate. Katherine glanced towards her mother who was entirely too focused on glaring at her father before making a wave of her hands to indicate that she was done with her plate. "I'm done. Thank you." Katherine stood up, folding the cloth that previously sat on her lap and placing it back onto the table.

"Since we're all so talkative tonight... and you both have personal matters to deal with, I'll leave you to it." Katherine held a hand out, and her father already understood, reaching into his wallet and placing cash into her hand.

--

The fairgrounds was not a place for heels, Katherine was glad she remembered enough from her childhood not to show up in them. Although it would've made her outfit, it wouldn't of been particularly 'fun' to pull a stiletto out of the dirt every five steps. She hadn't even planned to attend today. The harvest festival had been something she was... over by now.

She'd been countless times as a young girl, and now... well, she just didn't really see the appeal anymore. That was a lot of things people in this town didn't understand, some things lost their appeal as you grew up. But unsurprisingly enough, nobody in this town wanted to grow up. It was unfortunate enough that they didn't realize they couldn't be kids forever.

At the sight of the tent, Katherine couldn't help but roll her eyes. If they had a competition eight or so years ago, Kat probably could've placed first every year. So, she used to have a thing for flowers. Not so much anymore though. When Lemon had brought it up, the mention had almost made her feel queasy, but it was better than just wandering around town with Faith.

At least... in a way, it was.

Then she spotted her.

Well, and them.

To be fair, she didn't have anything against Hayden. He was quite enjoyable from time to time. Max, however. If the crowns didn't already make her queasy, Max did and that was just at the sight of him.

Katherine approached, eying Lemon's attire and prize along with the boys.

It left a sour taste in her mouth. She couldn't place why, but it just didn't sit right with her.

"Lemon, Hayden," She greeted with a grin, the grin fading slightly as her gaze landed on Max and she did nothing but acknowledge him with her eyes before Kat returned her attention back towards Lemon.

What? She's playing nice.

Yes, believe or not, for once Katherine Navarro was doing as she was told.

Sue her.

"You three didn't go in already? Tsk, tsk, you wait too long and a seven year old is bound to waste all those flowers..."
º º code by ditto º º

MOOD: Nervous Excitement

OUTFIT: It's cold

basics
MENTIONS:

INT:

Stu Dede Dede
Winnie and Chance ALittleRedLie ALittleRedLie
Isa r e i r e i

tags
TL;DR Oliver gets a hug from Winnie and things are okay-ish
tl;dr
Oliver Dreyfuss
How lonely it is, to be drowning in a place where everyone can swim

Isa slid on a pair of sunglasses and passed a crisp $50 bill over to the ice cream vendor. Oliver silently tugged at a lock of his hair and stared up incredulously at the sunglasses, as though he were trying to look through them. There was enough cloud coverage today that the protection wasn’t really necessary. Oliver thought it was sort of silly to wear sunglasses when retinal damage from the sun was unlikely. Besides, he’d already noticed Isa’s inebriated state. The gesture of hiding her eyes was too little too late.

He brightened up, though, when Winona and Chance came over. His stance softened enough that he planted both heels on the ground, less anticipating having to run away.
Winnie Matthews had become his friend by way of an AP Literature group project; he trusted her kindness as well as her reading comprehension. He waved awkwardly, unable to cough up a verbal greeting. The noisy surroundings already made it a bad day for the stutter, and half of his attention went to glancing nervously back at Isa every two or three seconds, as though he thought she was going to grab him from behind at any moment. He couldn’t have spoken if he wanted to.

Oliver failed to notice the weakness and worry in Winona’s smile; these sorts of subtle social cues were almost always lost on him. A smile was a smile, right? Perhaps others could discern so much more from it. He kept tugging at the drawstrings of his hoodie, trying to close it higher up over his collarbone than it was going to go. He knew people would have noticed the bruises, but he had the naive hope that they wouldn’t question them-- that they’d pass it off as something else, perhaps. He didn’t think of the fact that there were almost no good excuses for a 15-year-old boy having red fingernail marks on his neck.

As she asked on Twitter earlier in the morning, Winnie invited Oliver in for a hug. In a quieter place, Oliver might have said something like ‘sure’ or ‘request granted,’ but the busy atmosphere of the festival meant all he could do was throw his arms around Winnie in a friendly but unsure sort of embrace.
He almost never initiated physical contact himself. A few weeks ago, he would have never accepted a hug from anyone, let alone given one on his own. He didn’t hate physical affection, but he didn’t know how to respond to it most of the time. It could easily be alarming or uncomfortable for him, especially if he hadn’t been expecting it.

Luckily, Winnie was kind enough to ask first. And, as new and nerve-wracking as it was to him, Winnie gave good hugs.

After he pulled away, Oliver turned back and noticed that Isa had wandered away. His shoulders relaxed and he breathed out a sigh he’d been holding in. Oliver didn’t know Isa, and even with Stu, Winnie, and Chance by his side, drunk strangers were incredibly disturbing to him. Satisfied that things were safe, he looked to Stu, who was still browsing the ice cream options that were now paid for and available to them. Oliver held up a hand and waited a few seconds for his mind to clear up enough to attempt a line of speech. It didn’t happen and he dropped his hand.

He had decided on his order the day before, so it didn’t matter as much that it was going to be a struggle to verbalize it. For once, he didn’t look too worried about it. He kept on hand loosely twisting his hair between his fingers, but the hand he usually had poised ready to grab his knife was resting easily by his side.

At the very least, there was no chance that any of them were going to drown at the apple festival.
Well, maybe not no chance, Oliver decided. He was always something of a literalist. Regardless, the chance was so slim that he felt comfortable letting the possibility of sudden accidental death slip from his mind.

code by valen t.

Tatum Browne

Of course, Tatum shouldn’t have let Maxine’s words hurt her ego but for some reason they did. Maybe, just maybe she had gotten used to brunette flirting back with her and giving her the attention she so desired. She just needed to shake off the words of the younger girl and keep the smile plastered to her face. Afterall, Tatum did have Zach to give her the attention she needed, the attention she craved because at home she got nothing. The validation of everyone else gave her a purpose and right now, Maxine was making her feel as if she wasn’t good enough. The motive was to discuss Isa, but the small rejection had taken her from her original goal. All she could do was push forward and find them food. Though it wasn’t as if she really wanted to pick. Food was food and Zach wasn’t around yet. She had always deferred to him for the food suggestions when they went out.

As she looked around her eyes caught sight of her boyfriend with another girl. His hoodie being pushed in the direction of the girl. She was silent as she watched from a distance, her face fell slightly as she kept her distance. He wouldn’t cheat on her, would he? Tatum pulled Maxine in another direction for food, “Let’s umm go this way. Apples covered in junk don’t sound good.” The anger was building her in chest as she dragged Maxine with her. Why was she so jealous? Why did she feel nothing but anger when Zach was with another girl? He could have other friends that were girls but why did it bother her?

Tatum placed the money in Maxine’s hand, “I’m not hungry after all. Just pick something.” Her words came out more annoyed than she had intended. All she wanted to do was march over to Zach and demand what was going on, but she couldn’t. They were finally starting to get back to normal. She let out a sigh her eyes glancing back over at Zach. They were supposed to spend time together and he wasn’t looking for her like she hoped and that meant she would have to approach him, “Hey, not to be a bitch but I see Zach and.” She paused for a moment, “is it okay if we talk later? About our project and the fact that you won’t flirt with me?” Tatum tried to joke but it wasn’t as easy as she had hoped it would be.

Lemon Pierce

As soon as Lemon had purchased her slush and handed Max his soda, she led the poor boy to the crown making station. She was more than excited to be spending time with Hayden especially after the whole Spooning incident. It was something she couldn’t explain and why she had gotten so uncomfortable with Chance and Hayden both. She wished she could explain it but she couldn’t and she felt like Hayden probably thought she didn’t like him which wasn’t true. Hayden was so nice, and she enjoyed every bit of time she got to spend with him. He was the first guy in a long time that made her feel happy and not stressed, but she still had her boundaries that needed protection no matter how nice a guy was.

As soon as they arrived in front of the station Lemon was looking for Hayden, but her short stature didn’t make that easy. It didn’t take too long but as Lemon looked back over at Max another presence had joined them. Her face brightened at the sight of Hayden and she couldn’t even contain her joy. She wasn’t ready to hug him, even though she had really wanted to, but she couldn’t do it. Her eyes had noticed Hayden holding something and then a bear was in front of her, “You got me a bear?” Lemon was in shock as she took the stuffed animal from him. Her eyes looked to Max and she of course showed him the bear. Her energy was higher than it had ever been before.

She wasn’t able to translate for Max, but she grabbed his attention, “Crowns, we waited.”It was the best she could do for a translation. It wasn’t much longer before she heard the voice of another, and her head turned to see Katherine Navarro. Lemon could feel the butterflies rise up in her stomach and she smiled at the taller female. “Hi Kat.” Lemon tried to sign as she spoke for Max, “We can go in.” she smiled as she motioned for everyone. It was time to make crowns and Lemon was excited. She grabbed flowers of all colors and once she thought she was good on her selection she began to craft.

Mention(s): Interaction(s): Dazzle Dazzle Chimney Swift Chimney Swift Soap Soap

MOOD: shrugs

basics
MENTIONS:
Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler (Lemon)(Orlando)

INT:
NA
tags
TL;DR Reid intro to town, READ IT DON'T BE LAZY
tl;dr
Reid Callaway
never admit when you're wrong

Reid only rolled his eyes as Orlando emerged from the bathroom. “I think you forgot your bra in the bathroom hon. Maybe you want to go get that.” Reid smacked Lando’s arm with the back of his hand. Reid and Orlando had been friends for years, occasionally getting into battle of the wits that lead to some pretty bad fights, but they always had made up in the end.

As they passed Ambrose and Blanche on their way out of the house, listening to Ambrose’s threat towards Lando. Reid knew how bad of a driver Lemon could be, sending Orlando in her car was practically a death sentence. “Don’t worry Mr. and Mrs. Pierce, I won’t let him get into too much trouble.” Reid threw a wink Orlando’s way, nudging him with his shoulder.

Only nodding as Orlando told him the name to the black cat that reappeared once again. The two of them headed out the door. “You better have washed all that hair grease off your hands if you’re going to touch my car.” Reid grumbled as he swung the door open. His car meant everything to him, it was the one of the few memories he actually still enjoyed from his time in Alabama.

Even though he was loathed now in his hometown, he wanted anything but to have followed the Pierce’s to this little apple obsessed town. Orlando and him seemed to finally be getting along again. But Lemon, she still seemed to be upset. He didn’t know how to fix it, and he didn’t understand her. She was constantly asking him questions, questions that made them seem like friends. Till she didn’t like his answer, then they were on the outs all over again.

Reid put the car in reverse, slowly pulling out the Pierce’s driveway, catching eye of a slightly bent mailbox that he had missed on his first visit to the house. He chuckled shaking his head. “Lemon?” He nodded towards the mailbox. Orlando only laughed, which Reid took as a yes.

“So you’ve been here longer than me. Have you heard of a girl named Isa?” Reid smirked mischievously. “She’s hot.” He dragged his tongue across the front of his teeth, tapping his fingers on the steering wheel. He pulled a hand off the steering wheel and dug into his front pocket and tossing the little bagging over to Orlando. “Get rolling, I’m not getting out of this car till I’m high.”
code by valen t.

MOOD: peak stu

basics
TL;DR
ice cream, burger
tl;dr
Stu French

Little hi little low little hey little ho

Stu’s excitement when he saw the $50 note from Isa was real. Not gonna lie, the temptation entered his mind that he was going to spend it all on ice cream, down to the last cent. Boy, with that much money he could get a scoop of every flavour, one of fudge chocolate and one of vanilla and one of cookie dough and one of lime sorbet and one of strawberry and one of butter pecan and one of— Oh my days, this was turning out to be the best apple festival ever!!!

But bitter conscience raged against his sweet tooth. It felt so wrong and selfish to spend all of Isa’s hard-earned cash on ice cream. 50 dollars was a lot of money, like a lot!! For perspective, Ollie only had 39 dollars which was enough to start a turtle conservation effort, according to Max. Think how many turtles they could save with 50 dollars!

Now many long hours of mowing the church lawn would reward Stu with just a fraction of that amount. Many weeks of feeding his sad piggy bank would hardly make up the difference. And since other people had shown up and Isa was promising them ice cream too, his personal budget just got even tighter.

Stu did not go the selfish route and only got one scoop of chocolate, for he had his reputation as food bank to protect. Speaking of which, he got to distributing those mini KitKats by the handful. ‘I didn’t forget!’ he told Winnie with a grin. ‘I never forget about KitKats. . . And you can have more than one, if you like. Since you’re buying me a burger. And you too, Chance. And you too, Isa.’

Isa didn’t look in the mood for KitKats. She was also repeating herself a lot. There was a drunkenness about her that suited Stu just fine because only a drunk person would spend $50 on ice cream.

The vendor handed him his ice cream and Stu attacked it with boyish intent. ‘Thanks, Isa!!!!’ he said with a mouthful of chocolate, smiling broadly. Any amount of ice cream made him happy all the same. ‘Aren’t you having some, too? You should--’

Then he craned his head like a nosy neighbour to check on Ollie, wondering whether his ice cream was to his liking.

‘It’s good isn’t it, Ollie? I think it’s even better than vanilla.’

He had gotten some chocolate on his cheek, and if no kind soul would tell him then it might stay there for the rest of the day.

Next up was the burger stop and Stu and Winnie went on their merry way. While they walked Stu glanced once or twice over his shoulder at his best friend, who had to go do some other things for a bit. Stu wondered if he would be alright. Those two were hardly used to being apart except in those later hours of day, and even then they still managed to see each other on Minecraft where they cared for an exponentially growing number of turtles at their beachfront sanctuary.

Normally Stu would struggle to talk to girls but his near-death experience at sea had given a new lease on life.

‘Last year I was in a pie costume,’ he said to Winnie and took out his phone, and showed her a picture of said costume. ‘I made it myself. Oh, and a dog chased me on the way home. I guess he thought I was a real pie!’

At the burger stall Stu was glancing up the menu and licking his lips, waiting for Winnie to initiate the all-important transaction. There were cheese-topped patties and onions sizzling away on the grill and the smell was to die for. Wow. Today really was shaping up to be the bestest day ever!

code by valen t.

MOOD: Distract-- Oh! A koala. Let's win it.

OUTFIT: Cuteness.

basics
MENTIONS: Isa,

INT: N/A
tags
TL;DR Josie and Clark are trying to win the overly huge koala.
tl;dr
Josephine
Well, holy moly, me oh my, you're the apple of my eye.

The Apple Harvest festival has been something Josephine has went to every year. Except for that one incident but that was because she was sick and stuck at home with the most gross virus there was. Little Josie had told AJ to go without her, but she didn't budge, instead, staying in and watching some kind of princess movie that her sister absolutely despised.

The small memory had brought a smile onto her face.

A smile that only widened at the sight of Clark turning around from the ticket booth with two wristbands in hand.

He usually did these kinds of things.

Pay for her.

She appreciated it, but sometimes it made her feel a little...small. She saved up enough money so when things like this came up, she was set. A certain amount went for bills, groceries, gas-- not that she actually drove around, but still. Josie had some money. "Thank you." She said, her smile faded gradually as they walked through the fair.

She loved this.

As... repetitive as the town was, Josephine's love for it was always there. Alike the many memories, many good, many bad, her feelings surrounding the apple festival was bittersweet.

Speaking of feelings, Josephine's have been all over the place.

The other night at the diner had been boggling with her mind, especially after Isa's messages today.

'I don't want to lie to you.'

Or... something. Josie was just trying to figure out what the heck was going on, and trying to recall text messages weren't really something she could so right now, clearly, being as distracted as she was-- she almost didn't register Clark speaking, the blonde blinked a few times before suddenly coming back to reality and glancing towards the majorly huge stuffed koala bear that laid on top of the booth.

"Oh, hush up and let's win that thing." What? Yeah, of course she was gonna try to win too. Not all the pressure was going to be on Clark, alright?

Josie walked up to the booth and at the sight of their wristbands, he gestured towards the milkjugs and pulled out a bucket from under the bar, plopping it into the table attached to the booth.

"Six in a row, major prize. Three? Minor."

Sounds easy enough, right? Believe it or not, Josephine's aim wasn't that bad. After all, there was that annual church baseball team thing that they did. It was for charity, raising profits for the study of Alzheimer's. Josie winded up her arm, and it flew... straight past the milk jug, the attendant, and to the booth across from them. Okay... so nobody said the baseball team was a good baseball team. The next few throws didn't particularly matter, because the only balls she made was two.

"I... it's rigged."

No it wasn't.

She knew that. She's been going here long enough to realize that nothing here was rigged. Except that basketball game. AJ and Josie found out their twentieth game in that the net purposefully twisted whenever you'd shoot the ball.

Psh.

What was the point of games if you weren't winning?

"Well, it's up to you. No pressure. But if you don't win... no cotton candy for you, mister."
code by valen t.

basics
tags
TL;DR Suggests kissing for ''practice''
tl;dr
Ashley Park
I've been thinking about you. Wondering if I'm caught up in your head at night.

Dustin’s reaction left Ashley paralyzed in fear. "Yeah!" She grinned, being careful not to reveal that she was fully aware how crazy her idea was. "I’m dead serious, ya dodo!" She returned his stare, with a cheeky glint in her eyes, as she called upon his own personal nickname for her.

"Of course I’d help you with that! You’re my best friend aren’t you?" She assured him, giving him a quick pay on the back. Dustin had finally realized he didn’t actually have feelings for her and was moving on with another girl. So she had no qualms over kissing him. It was purely for his own sake right?

She was certain he’d just switched off his feelings. She needed him to. Not just to get to kiss him for the first and only time, but so she wouldn’t have to face a painfully truth head on. So she’d never have to know the pain of him realizing she wasn’t worth the attention.

She was just about to open her mouth to say “Forget it,” when he caught her off guard. She found herself being pulled to an unknown location by Dustin’s surprisingly firm grip. "What’re you doing? If you’re gonna kidnap me, I’d love to know." She snarked, chuckling to herself as he let go of her arm.

For a while she just stared thoughtfully at him. Resisted the urge to fidget nervously, or play with her curls, or pick at her fingernails. Then she sighed, and spoke. “Just.......stand there okay?” She told him, before gently cupping his face, to lean in for a quick kiss. Almost as soon as she started, it was over. “There. That wasn’t so bad, was it?”
code by valen t.

1621187027002.png
Winnie Matthews
mood: content; in a constant state of worry | outfit: XX | mentions: Max, Faith, Frankie, Isa, Lulu, Liz, Kat, Tatum, Sawyer | interactions: Chance; Chimney Swift Chimney Swift (Oliver); Stu ( Dede Dede (Stu);

Winona Rae Matthews cared too much. She knew that, but it wasn't like that was going to stop her. There was her brother, there was Max, Faith, Frankie, Isa, Oliver, Lulu, Liz, Sawyer, Astraea, Tatum....even fucking Kat. Winnie knew they were going through things and for some reason she had to be the shoulder they cried on, even if they pushed her away. Chance had always told her to watch over herself more, like she always did in Florida, but Parish Bay was their home and these were people she cared about.

Chance looked at Winnie, pulling her out of her thoughts and they two initiate their silent twin communication. While the two silently come up with a plan for how to handle, Winnie sneakily takes her brother's car keys while she places Isa's $50 in Chance's hand with the goal that he'll return it to Isa (and that he won't notice that she took his keys). One thing that Winnie was good at thought, was being stubborn. She was going to get Max the plant because she wanted to, not because Isa told her. And she was going to drive him home today. Her twin jogs after Isa and Winnie turns back to the two boys where she's surprised by the force of another body.

To say that Oliver's hug surprised Winnie, was an understatement. She wasn't ready for him to abruptly throw his arms around her with no warning...maybe he really needed it. Winona lightly squeezed his smaller body, hoping to offer some type of warmth and comfort in the brief embrace. As a final form of affection, she squeezes his cold hand and offers him a small smile, she could feel a slight bit of the worry melt away from her.

We'll see you later Ollie. Stu and Winnie step away from their third companion and head to where the burgers were.

Win can't keep the smile off her face when Stu shows her the picture of him in the pie costume. That's cute. Glad to see that you made it out alive. She joked, bumping him with her elbow. My dad used to paint t-shirts for me and use me as an attraction to persuade people to buy the art he was selling. The memory puts a smile on the girl's face, but she doesn't want to dampen the day.

Who didn't know that Winnie's dad was killed by a drunk driver three years ago. It was a bad accident, Winnie was in the car, the person who did it got away with only probation and community service...who didn't know.

What kind of burger do you want? My favorite has always been lots of tomatoes and lots of bacon. Maybe eating would calm her nerves about everything. About her friends, her date, her dad. Today was going to be a good day, no one was going to ruin that for her.

Last edited:
Dark.gif

Life had been mostly a haze for Liz the past few....she didn't even know how long it had been. In truth she had been drifting through her days ever since that night on the beach. Working, getting drunk, getting high; anything to keep her mind unfocused. The teenager only had so much capacity to hurt and she spent it all at her visits to the hospital. Outside of when she was with her mother she had to be numb.

Elizabeth Bishop wasn't a stellar student by any means but her grades were decent enough. As of late however she had just stopped caring. She sat in the back of every class and stared into space. She didn't do any work and wouldn't even respond if a teacher called on her. It's not like they could do anything to discipline her. What are they going to do, call her parents? Liz barely even remembered being at school, it all felt more like a foggy dream that would then bleed into a nightmare she desperately wanted to wake up from. The only solid things she really remembered these past few weeks was hanging out with various people.

While not one to openly care about the well being of others if you treated Liz with respect she'd return it in kind. If you were friends with her, she'd have your back until the end. She considered friends as family and looked out for them ferociously. It was once suggested that she had 'mama bear' like tendencies with her friends. Liz responded with proving the 'bear' part accurate. The truth of it was that she found it much easier to protect others and pretend nothing was wrong with her than to actually face her problems.

By the time the Apple Festival rolled around Liz had taken it upon herself to bring quite a few other kids under her wing. She'd never tell them to their face of course, but those kids had a sort of secret protector. Someone watching over as best as she could to keep them safe and happy. It was a lot harder than her own mother had made it seem, and far more exhausting. Liz felt guilty about all the stress she had put Mrs. Bishop through over the years. Kids were difficult. Liz couldn't help but continue to spread herself thin though.

As she had done the past few years, Liz was working a stall for the family restaurant alongside her sisters. She was still in a sort of haze of sleep deprivation and depression. Her carelessness even caused her to cut her hand on a broken bottle that was set aside. It took several moments of staring blankly to realize that the blood that almost covered her whole hand was her own. In her down time, after she had wrapped her hand in a dishtowel to stop the bleeding, Liz took to twitter. Normally Meg and Riley would be on her ass to make sure she kept pace but this year was different and they let her lack of effort slide. The two older sisters were beginning to get quite worried about the baby of the family. Neither had any clue on how to help pull Liz from the state she was in, without relying on their mother that is.

After many back and forth-ing and being a middle man Liz felt like she had mostly resolved a crisis between Max and Isa, and in doing so acquired a roommate. The youngest Bishop girl had known Isa for a while but they two didn't really interact much until semi-recently. A little bit after Liz and Nomi's breakup to be precise. A friendship was already starting to form between the two and Liz could even picture them being close friends eventually. They both had a certain attitude that when mixed would either cause an explosion or cause them to be thick as thieves. So far nothing was blown up, smashed maybe, but not blown up. Liz's secret bleeding heart wasn't about to allow her to stand by and watch her possible partner in crime go down in flames and so she offered up everything she could to help.

Having instructed her new housemate to wait by the ferris wheel Liz looked up to check which direction she would need to head later, coming face to face with someone she really didn't need to see right now; her father. A shit eating grin spread across his face as the girl's eyes narrowed. Since he had been back in Parish Point she hadn't said a single word to him, and she didn't intend to now. He was all but dead to her. " 'Ello girls." The daughter's jaw and fists both clenched tightly, blood dripping down to the ground below. Meg stepped forward as Riley hooked her arm around Liz's in an attempt to hold her back. The youngest sibling had been practicing boxing lately and Riley thought it might be best to make sure no punches were thrown today. "What do you want?" Meg sneered out. "Just here to see how my lovely children are doing...and check up on my business." Liz opened her mouth to respond but nothing came out. She refused to give him anything at all. The worthless piece of trash that was Scott Bishop wasn't even allowed to hear her voice. His eyes flicked between the three daughters, clearly holding back some kind of scheme. "I think something's missing here..."

~

Mr. Bishop didn't stay long; just long enough to try and ruin Liz's day and crush the spirits of all three daughters. The youngest couldn't have felt more hollow if she threw up her internal organs. She tried to continue to help her sisters, keep her mind off of the bomb that her dad dropped on her, but it was no use. She couldn't stop shaking and crying and dammit why wouldn't her hand stop bleeding?! She left the stall set up for the restaurant with only a small nod to her sisters that she just couldn't do it anymore. The two older siblings shared a worried glance but let her leave fearing a blow up of emotions. Liz desperately wanted someone to talk to but who could she tell? Besides, she was supposed to be tough and handle other people's problems, she wasn't supposed to have any of her own. She dropped to her knees behind the stall, away from prying eyes. She wanted someone to assure her things would be okay but she ruined things with Nomi, she wouldn't dare burden her friends, and her mom...Tears silently streaked down the brunette's cheek. Her fingers found their way to her nose ring, only barely resisting the urge to rip it out to feel something other than what she was feeling inside for a change. She was not alright.
Mentions: r e i r e i

MOOD: peak stu

basics
MENTIONS:

INT:

ALittleRedLie ALittleRedLie

--------don't type anything after this comment--------

[/COMMENT]
tags
TL;DR
burger
tl;dr
Stu French

Little hi little low little hey little ho

The bump on the elbow sent him swaying dramatically and a dimple came to his face.

‘Your dad sounds really cool,’ Stu said. If everybody else had known about what happened to Winnie’s dad, at least one boy didn’t and oblivious was his middle name. ‘My dad doesn’t do cool things like that cos he’s a priest. He can’t draw or paint,’ he continued. ‘I bet your dad’s a really famous artist, too. Like van Gogh. . . Or Da Vinci. . . Or. . .’

Was Stu smart or sophisticated enough to know more than the names of two painters? Highly doubtful. Fading away in speech, he became interested in those crates filled to the brim with apples red and green, and he studied their colours and shapes with his typical wide-eyed intrigue, wondering what this town’s obsession with apples was all about.

When they arrived at the burger stand, Stu stood deliberating for what seemed like the longest time. ‘Ummmmm— ummm—’ He wagged his reluctant finger over the laminated menu, up and down and left and right. “I think— ummmmmm— ummmm—’

Leave it to Stu to make a simple task difficult: you wouldn’t think picking a burger could be this complicated!!! But it wasn’t everyday that this boy got to eat a burger, least of all a free one by a kind-hearted stranger whom he met over Twitter, so he was always going to make the most of the moment. Who knows? An opportunity like it might never come again!

So his eyes needed no invitation. They went immediately to the biggest burger on the list. Three patties. Extra cheese. Extra large buns. And I mean EXTRA large. It was a ridiculous extravagance really, for a boy his size, but Stu had an eye for grandeur and the sheer monstrosity of that “Triple Jumbo-Burger” on the menu was quite literally making him drool.

Except, it was probably rude to pick that most expensive burger. Rude to impose. That wouldn’t be so nice, even if the burger sure looked nice. . . ‘Ummmmm, ummmmmmmmm—’ He scratched his blonde head some more. 'UMMMMMMM...'

code by valen t.

Orlando Pierce

Of course, the first thing Orlando could do was roll his eyes at Reid, if someone could date their car, Reid would in a heartbeat. The amount of time he had worked on it and how clean he kept it; well it was a little annoying. But Reid was his best friend after all. Even after everything that had happened. “Calm your precious tits my hands are clean asshole.” He reached for the handle of the blue car, “You really think I would ruin your car? Dude, do you see what options I have? Either my aunt’s little car or Lemon. I’m not fucking up my one normal ride.” As he sat in the passenger seat, he thought about all that had happened between them, but they had managed to make it out semi-decently. Him and his cousin…That was another story. Lemon barely spoke to him and anytime he was out in the living room she was in her room or completely out of the house. It didn’t matter all that much, but she did nothing but complain to her mom about the situation and all Blanche had done was try to soothe her daughter. It bothered Orlando because he was stuck in the same shitty situation.

Of course, Reid had noticed the mailbox, “I didn’t ask, and I don’t think anyone in the house wants to discuss it.” Orlando couldn’t help but chuckle. His uncle was a tough man, but Lemon’s driving was a sore subject that even the great Uncle Ambrose wouldn’t talk about. It was as if there was an elephant always in the room and it was the dented black truck driven by the tiniest blonde girl who almost always wore a smile. Why was it so difficult for him to actually bond with his family? His aunt and uncle were nicer than his parents and besides the whole Lemon ordeal he was living a pretty decent life without too many worries. Besides the now added curfew but things could be worse. But all he wanted was to be home, where he belonged and be with who he belonged with. Instead, he was now an outcast.

The drive had been silent for a bit, “Isa…” he pondered for a bit, “I really don’t know too many people here. I don’t really care to make friends or special friends in this stupid town. Not my place. I’m not an apple loving person.” As he began to roll the joint, he let out a sigh, “You know dude, I’m already sick of how I became an outcast here. But if you’re ditching me for a girl, I expect that you’ll bring the next round of stuff. Or at least get better stuff.” It didn’t take him long before the joint was rolled, “There, perfect roll. I have my own plans to enact anyways. So have fun with your lay of the night.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back