• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Kids Aren't Alright | Main

Characters
Here
Other
Here
MOOD: Nervous, excited, sad?

OUTFIT: here

basics
MENTIONS: Liz, Isa. r e i r e i PenguinFox PenguinFox

INT: Clark KingofAesir KingofAesir

tags
TL;DR Josie's having a nervous breakdown-- but eating some candy so she's all good. :)
tl;dr
Josephine
There's gotta be some butterflies somewhere.

Up or down?

That was the age-old question.

At least for Josie.

Was hair a typical thing guys enjoyed? Okay, probably. Maybe most boys didn't like bald girls. "Ponytails are cute. Yeah, we like those." Josie glanced in the mirror, turning her head from side to side and deciding to go along with it. Three rather special knocks were at her door. They were special because they had a meaning. When Joey and AJ were small, they had separate rooms for the first time and Josie cried for the first few nights because she didn't want to be alone-- so, John, their father had came up with a special knock.

Three knocks meant 'I love you.'

Small knuckles would gently collide with the wall almost every night, whenever the two would get into fights, those same little knocks became pounding as a way to say, 'I hate you' because their parents decided they needed a time-out from each other. Of course, it was for petty small things, but that only made it even more amusing to look back on now.

That went on every night until the divorce, separate rooms had nothing on actually being separated.

The memory itself forced an amused chuckle out of Josie. "You can come in, Dad." At the sound of her words, her father walked in, his eyebrows raising at the disaster of a room. Clothes were thrown everywhere, hairbrushes were out and about, and pairs of shoes were mismatched almost in every spot in the room. "Woah. Did the storm hit your room too?" John scratched his head, looking around the room. "Or do you have a hot date I don't know about?"

"No, Clark's coming to pick me up for the beach thing. I couldn't choose whether to wear a blouse or a tank top, and I couldn't find my good bra, or my good jeans, or my good anything and then I couldn't decide to do a half-up half down, a braid or pigtails, so... here we are. I don't think we'll make it in time to push the whale though."

There was many things in her sentence that John was still trying to process, he furrowed his brows and stared at her in confusion. "... Whale?" He asked, in which Josie replied by handing him the poorly made flyer that was likely created by the same man in town hall who was blind in one eye. "W-A-L-E?" He spelled out the words, clearly even more baffled than he was moments ago.

Josie didn't bother to reply, instead looking through the mountain of clothes for her jacket.

The blonde was actually very neat. Well... that was until today, a last minute plan-- a last minute text rather, from Clark letting her know he'd be here to pick her up so they could go together to the beach. Josie was half-asleep when she read the message, sending a quick 'sure' before falling back to sleep, her own snore had woken her up and her eyes shot open, only realizing then that he was picking her up today. "Is today the big day? Are you gonna tell him?" John's voice was suddenly several octaves higher, mimicking what he believed a woman sounded like.

"Sorry, honey. I don't do girl talk. But you should tell him how you feel."

The thought alone had sent Josie into a panic, only now instead of rationally looking for a jacket-- she was searching frantically. "I don't wanna talk about it dad, I feel nothing for no one, I'm as numb as can be." She told him, walking over to her lamp and trying to switch it on, only now noticing there was no power to it. "Oh. Josslyn had her baby last night, it was a girl." He said, and Josie practically squealed.

"Aw! Did you drop off that basket we made last week? I know the church donated some stuff, but it wouldn't hurt. Babies are tough, the diapers, spit ups, I mean, extra onesies are always welcomed--" This room was too dark and the small window had barely let any sunlight in. The blonde struggled with the wire for the lamp only to notice it was plugged in. Huh. "Did we pay the light bill?" She asked.

John had stood up, going to inspect the light himself and sighed heavily, rubbing the sides of his face. "I guess not." He said, Josie's baby fever dropped immediately and it was replaced with worry. That was fine! It was completely fine. "... Did you keep the receipt for the basket?" She could only imagine the embarrassment of asking for the baby basket back.

'Hey, Josslyn, do you have those onesies we gave you? We have to pay our light bill and we're short.'

"I'm not doing that, Dad. I'll take extra shifts at the diner on the weekend. Just uh... use your credit card. We'll pay it off." They both knew it was a long-shot to try and pay off a two-hundred dollar light bill. John didn't reply, instead he had picked up the jean jacket from the floor and handed it towards Josie.

"I maxed out my credit card last week for groceries."

Well, there goes that.

Josie had taken the jacket, sliding it on with ease, reaching into her pocket and handing over the receipt for ABCs. Which was an acronym by the way. Apples, Babies, Clothes. Really. She's not kidding. Only they didn't sell apples or babies, just the clothes for babies. What a disappointment. She would've made a purchase-- or in her Dad's case, he most likely made a return sixteen years ago.

"We'll get her something nice soon, Jo-jo."

She gave a half-hearted smile, hearing the truck door slam from outside, Josie practically jumped checking around her room and pockets for everything she needed. What else did she need besides gloves? A shovel? What was she gonna do? Dig up another whale? No, she was fine. Did she look fine? "Do I look fine?" She asked and John replied with two thumbs up. "You should tell him, Joey. You can't sit on feelings forever, y'know."

Psh, three years wasn't that long.

Okay, maybe like four and a half. But seriously! It wasn't that long. "I hate to break it to ya, John, but I'm practically a mama bird. I'm sitting on my egg." She said, which had only confused her father more, blinking a few times at her choice of words. "It's Dad, to you and if you sit on that egg any longer, it'll die!" He yelled out as Josie had ran out of the room to avoid the conversation. Jo wouldn't say she regrets telling her father about her feelings for Clark, but she had to admit it became a little annoying. At the time? And... still at this time, she felt like he was the only one she could trust.

Was that bad?

Maybe, but Josie didn't have many friends. Sure, there was Liz. And maybe her co-worker at the diner, but she seemed kinda odd. Okay, so there was maybe just Liz and she was way too close to Clark to even admit any kind of feelings.

Yet another three knocks at the front door, but unfortunately, much to Josie's dismay-- those particular knocks didn't mean I love you. It just meant,

'Hey, I'm here.'

And... that was enough for now.

It was totally enough.

Josephine opened the front door with an award winning smile, which only had gotten wider at the sight of candy. Her favorite candy at that. How many people knew her favorite candy? Not a lot, that's for sure. She'd count and everything and it'd still only come down to two people.

Clark, and herself.

It was practically a match made in heaven. Well, a match that would never happen because there was no way in hell she was telling him how she felt. Not today, not ever. Okay, maybe not ever.

But... just not today.

"Why, hello there, Mr. Holland. I wouldn't suppose these little guys are for me, now are they?" She didn't wait for a response before snatching the sour straws out of his hand. Josie was a major sweet tooth, and she means-- major. Any kind of candy that had an abnormal amount of sugar? It was good enough for dinner. Let's be honest here though, any kind of anything that had a drop of sugar in it? She was obsessed. "Let's go, let's go. I wanna try and see the whale before they push him in." Josie nudged Clark and took off to the car, walking rather quickly while carefully opening the sour straws.

Josie hopped into the passenger seat with a sigh, watching Clark from the window while he made his way to the truck and she couldn't help herself from thing how much this sucked.

It sucked because ever since she realized she was in love with Clark, everything just felt... a little more heightened. Every smile, every moment he made eye contact with her. every oddly sweet thing he'd do, He wasn't just her best friend anymore and in a way, that bothered her.

It bothered her a lot.

"Want one?" She asked, holding out the red little string of sugary-goodness.
code by valen t.

"Go Pirates!"

N/A

Scared

What are we gonna do about this whale?

N/A

Ashley Park

(She/Her)

• h

(click play twice!)

Ashley wasn’t surprised that her efforts to push the whale had failed. Even when doing football, she had relied more on maneuvering her body than actual brute force.

Though it honestly was still kind of pitiful how non-moving the whale was.

As the strength left her body, she felt tears drip down her face. Or was it sweat? Most probably a mixture of the two liquids.

Her spirits immediately dropped as she saw people abandoning the whale. It took all her strength not to scream her heads off at them.

‘Please help us!’ Ashley called out to the beach, her voice, merely a whisper due to lack of breath. “The whale needs help!”

If she couldn’t rally people to the whale, then what kind of a cheerleader was she? How could she even think of becoming captain? And without a single friend to make this experience easier? She was in for a long long long ride.

Maybe it was time to change strategies. She let go of the whale, turned around, crouched down and pushed against the whale with her back.

Was it brilliant? No. But she needed to rest for a bit, and this way she felt like she was helping.

She glanced at the people surrounding her. She might as well try to make conversation. “How are you holding up?” She questioned a nearby whale pusher.

♡design by rabbitswarren, coded by uxie♡

MOOD: Angry, but feels bad for Gert.

basics
MENTIONS: Liz, Isa. r e i r e i PenguinFox PenguinFox

INT: Stu, Sawyer, and everyone else Dede Dede KingofAesir KingofAesir

tags
TL;DR Evie's pissed, but helping Gert.
tl;dr
Genevieve
I don't give a damn about my bad reputation

Stupid damn Gert.

She didn't want to go.

But she felt bad for the damn whale. Evie would love to go anywhere and she means anywhere else, maybe crack open a limited edition issue and enjoy it for what it's worth. They were rich anyway, so what was a few hundred bucks for a good read?

Ha. As if she actually would. Imagine that.

She stared at herself in the mirror with a grimace. She was gonna skip, maybe head to the skate park-- since all of this was basically mandatory, that meant She'd would have the whole place to herself. Well, besides the sad twenty something year olds who failed on an easy 180. It was depressing, really. It'd be so exciting for Evie if she could just show up and show them up. Ah, she could see the looks on their faces now. And... then listen to their backtalk about how bad she is at it, even when they fell on their ass when they tried.

At least some of the guys there was cool. The girls though? Oh, they were complete whores-- and that's not a word Evie uses easily, she hates the word in fact. But those girls? Oh man, they begged the other boys to teach them how to skate and it was the funniest thing ever. Maybe the guys would pay more attention to them when there isn't tissues sticking out of their chests.

"I don't get what's the damn problem, Jennifer. So I went out for a few drinks? What's the fucking issue?" She heard Robert's voice all the way from downstairs, arguing back and forth with her mother about the same topic they've been on for weeks. It was clear he was cheating or some shit, and Jennifer knew it too, but she just didn't want to admit it... she had no proof, yeah. But a suspicion is a suspicion.

"My issue? My issue is that you ignored all of my calls while you were off with god knows who."

Evie ignored their argument, it wasn't the first time and it certainly wasn't going to be their last. They were going a whole year strong, a world record for Jennifer Moore. It was evil, but a part of her wished that Robert had actually cheated and was stupid enough to leave traces of it so they'd leave this god forsaken town. Apples? Really? Everywhere she went there was a certain theme surrounding it. Get the hell over it. They aren't even that good in the first place. Evie tugged on some stupid beanie that Sawyer had gotten for her a little while ago. Granted, they were fighting at the moment because she was being a mega bitch for whatever reason why. Maybe she was on her period? Yeah, that made sense.

And no, she wasn't putting it on to show Sawyer she cared or something stupid. That'd be disgusting. Her hair looked like trash and she wasn't in the mood to attempt to make it look passable. Besides, what was with that blonde and beanies? It was like her religion or something.

Evie slowly opened the door to peek through, seeing her mother and Robert just down the steps, biting her lip, she glanced around the bathroom, balancing herself on the edge of the bathtub to look through the window, it wasn't a fairly big drop. It had like... a mini roof on top of the roof. Yeah, all she had to do was jump on that thing, and then hop down, and boom she's home free.

Two arms lifted herself to the window ledge before she had heard a knock on the door.

Shit.

Her mother's voice protruded from the locked bathroom door, "Evie? You in there?" the doorknob was tried.

"Uh. Yeah. What do you want?" She didn't mean to give off such an attitude. Sure, Evie didn't have a lot of patience for people, but her mom was a different story. With a sigh, she jumped off the ledge and landed in the bathtub, hopping out and opening the door. "You're not supposed to twist the doorknob if you think someone's using the bathroom. What if I was using it?" Evie said, to which Jennifer waved her words away.

"I changed your diapers, you don't need privacy." Her mother teased, but her smile faded rather quickly and Evie knew she was upset about the whole step-douche thing. The younger girl avoided her gaze and instead focused onto the floor, swaying slightly as Evie waited for her mother to continue with whatever she was gonna say.

"Don't you have school? Oh! Today's the beach clean up thing huh?"

It was clear she was trying so hard to make conversation, this past year had put a heavy strain on their relationship but it wasn't like Evie hasn't tried. Okay, well, she actually hasn't. But that's because Jennifer was so busy in Robert's business she didn't even pay attention to her own daughter. Evie didn't say anything and merely blinked. "Yeah, bye." The small girl attempted to push past her mother but was stopped by Jennifer in the doorway.

"Nope, I don't think so. Drop the attitude. What's the matter, duckie?" Evie rolled her eyes at the rather old nickname, crossing her arms and refusing to speak.

"Nothing. Can you move?" She asked, gesturing towards the door with a glare. This was something that was common with Evie and her mother, Jennifer would push and push until Evie broke, but it wasn't happening. Not this time. It was only after gaining a look from Jennifer, Evie's shoulders sunk and muttered. "I got into a fight with Sawyer, she's just being stupid. Can I go now?" Jennifer crossed her own arms, staring her down for the first few seconds, almost as if she was analyzing her, trying to determine if she was telling the truth or not.

Which... she sort of was, yeah. Evie was mad about that but she was also mad about the fact her mother wasn't smart enough to slap the asshole she married and get them the hell out of here. "About what?" Jennifer asked.

"Nothing." Evie said almost as quickly as her feet shuffled her throughout the door. Ignoring her and rummaging her slop-can of a room, throwing her backpack over her shoulder and tucking the skateboard in the other. Jennifer actually liked Sawyer, while she wasn't too crazy about the age difference, she was seemingly okay with it and that only had ticked Evie off. It was probably because Sawyer was almost annoying as her own mother is. "You can tell me anything, y'know. We're Gen and Jen. Our number one rule is to--"

"Always be honest, yeah, yeah. Whatever. Next time you have a kid, don't make the mistake of naming her the same thing. It's cringy, mom." Jennifer merely laughed, shaking her head at whatever that word had meant. This passive aggressive banter wasn't always a thing, well, the passive aggressiveness wasn't. They both knew their relationship was getting worse and worse, but at least they had some moments where it felt like nothing had changed. "I thought it was misogynistic that only men had named their sons after themselves. You're lucky, girl. You ended up with a pretty one. It's french, you know." Jennifer had leaned on the railing of the staircase, the same staircase that overlooked the entrance to the mansion, crystal chandelier, marble floors and everything.

Even though Robert sucked, his house was pretty cool. "Please, just please leave me alone, Mom." Evie had walked downstairs, glancing around at the sight of no step-douche. Huh. He'd probably gotten so fired up he decided he needed a day drink, being the low-life that he is.

"Okay, okay. I'll back off. If you're so upset about the Sawyer thing, just apologize, babe. It's an easy solution." Her mother's words earned Evie's own look towards her, and Jennifer put her hands up in defense.

"Or let her apologize to you. Whatever happened, you guys can sort it out."

Evie merely blinked, muttering a goodbye and walking out the door. She heard the little comment Jennifer had made about how confusing teenagers were in the background and it took everything inside of her not to laugh.

She was mad, okay? She was gonna stay mad.

--

"Alright boys. Let's move this damn whale." Evie skated along the wooden pallets before coming to a stop, leaving her skateboard somewhere on the sand, avoiding any and all eye contact with a certain beanied blonde she was pissed off at. She turned to Stu, shaking her head at his stance. "What the hell is that gonna do? Bend your legs, dude. Man up." Genevieve had hit him on the back-- not gently, but not enough to hurt him. Although, she wouldn't be surprised if he had gotten hurt from it.

The kid was practically a toothpick. He might've been slightly taller than her, but that didn't mean she wasn't superior. There was zero way this kid had any exercise besides running to McDonalds.

... Maybe she was taking her aggression out on the little blonde boy, but who cares? He called her stupid on twitter earlier.

He deserved it.
code by valen t.

tumblr_inline_o4ez1vhffv1slba3h_500.gif
HELLO
my name is
Colby
“You’re doing fine. Just keep shoveling, get the path wetter ‘til we get on the shoreline,” Colby said to Noemie. Pilot whales reminded him of slightly larger beluga whales disguised as dolphins because of their dark grey skin. Colby didn’t know what they were until today. He thought they were kind of cute. However, it was sad and almost scary seeing this one stranded on a beach. At least it wasn’t a humpback whale. When he first heard the news about it earlier, that was his first thought before learning about the details.

As Colby listened to Vered’s bribe offer, he shook his head slightly in both disappointment and amusement. It was unnecessary to add since most of them would’ve still helped the whale either way. Colby doubted the kid could afford to pay everyone there ten dollars each, and he was sure, or at least hoped, that everyone else understood that, too.

“You heard the kid! This whale isn’t gonna move by itself,” Colby said with a more robust and authoritative-like tone than the little freshman. “And somebody get those buckets and start pouring water on the whale.” He pointed at the two abandoned beach pails lying on the sand a dozen feet away from the group. The light rain wasn’t doing much to keep the sea mammal hydrated enough. Whoever thought it was a good idea to let a bunch of teenagers save a pilot whale on their own should be fired from their job. This had to be illegal somehow—if not, it was obviously unethical. 3 or 4 adults would’ve been enough to bring the whale back into the water, but the ones at the beach were doing bupkis to actually help.

Colby tossed his beach towel aside, in case he'd have to dry himself later. He glanced at Maxine with a cheeky smirk. “You’re not the first to tell me to ‘get down and dirty’,” he remarked, walking around to the whale’s tail, readying himself to lift and pull/push it with the others.

As he straightened his blue beanie and pulled his coat’s hood over his head, Colby watched Tatum have some kind of moment with the whale. It was oddly sweet of her, having her hand gently on the whale.

“Hey,” Colby greeted Tatum with a friendly, casual half-smile. It’s been a while since he’d seen her in person. He knew she arrived at the beach with her boyfriend Zach, but that wannabe edgy Ken doll shouldn’t worry about anything. Colby was just a friend, that’s all.

Mention: Tatum Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler , Maxine Dazzle Dazzle , Noemie LooneyLani LooneyLani , Vered Twin Fantasy Twin Fantasy

Stu
giphy.gif

The wait for reinforcements was long. Oliver might have gnawed off his whole arm in a panicked anticipation. Vered and Brandon, full of conjecture, might have written a joint treatise on whale physics and won their Nobel prize. And Stu might have slid off the whale a dozen times more, trying to push it a millemetre in the wrong direction.

Thankfully, the reinforcements when they arrived brought the wisdom of age--and a practicality unbeknownst to nerdhood.

First, they began to wrap the whale in wet towels, as Colby suggested. Then the latecomers put themselves to work, digging a trench with their hands and sticks and whatever tools were at their disposal. One of them even wielded a proper shovel. Stu was relieved the whale was finally getting the attention it deserved, but he was still worried that theirs was a race against time.

The blue-haired girl from Twitter now piled her weight onto the whale-train. The zen-calmness of her cerulean hues gave an optimism to the other whale-pushers, spurring each and everyone of them into action. Surprisingly enough, the rescue circle was made up of kids from both schools. In the absence of adults, the ancient rivals had proved themselves capable of cooperation, a rare sight to behold. And Stu didn’t even have to blow into a conch to get them to work together!

With so many able bodies on the scene, Stu in his general uselessness and wastage of space (some girl did just tell him to ‘man up’) was getting squeezed out of the circle. But the boy was determined to keep a hand underneath the whale for as long as he could. After all, this whale was his best friend, and he wasn’t just going to let it fly off with some strangers.

There was a countdown to the big push. At the signal of ‘ONE!!’ the group heaved forward in unison. Immediately Stu felt the weight of the whale shift to the front. It was the best feeling in the world — and the strongest he’d ever felt. As if he’s got the whole whale, in his hand! He’s got the whole whale, in his hand. He’s got the—

That was when the whale plunged forward. Really plunged forward.

And its tail, breaking free in the commotion, trailed behind and slapped the boy harshly in the back of his blonde head, knocking him right off his feet.

The impact sent Stu rolling away from the others with conviction. Now sitting up in his own crater in the sand, he could only watch as the group drew the whale away and wrestled it the water, trying to orient it toward the ocean. There were the splashing and the flailing arms and the flippers breaking through waves. In the wind he heard the distant, ecstatic rumble of the freed creature as they nudged it finally and gently into the deep.

For a long time after the whale was gone, Stu was still sitting where he fell, hugging his sand-crusted knees, smiling brightly at the open sea where his friend went—knowing that he was safe.

1zxs.gif

@ EVERYONE

MOOD: Oh my god oh my god oh my god
interaction Stu Dede Dede

OLIVER DREYFUSS

Crowded in amongst the rest of the rescue effort, hands painfully stuck underneath a giant slippery dolphin, sand digging into his forearms and getting stuck under his gloves, Oliver found himself fighting off tears. If it weren't for his only three friends that he ever had, all of which he met within the last 16 hours: Stu, Vered and this whale... Oliver decided in that moment, as if there were any misconception before, that he should never be a marine wildlife expert.

Then, just as they managed to hoist the animal from its side, it bucked and failed, knocking Stu back with its flipper. Oliver yelped, ducking to avoid a blow to his own head (Oliver being more dexterous than Stu was a low bar, mind you), pushing back as the whale began to writhe ferociously in the shallows, drenching the kids and sending them scattering as they all tried to keep their grip and guide it back into the deeper waters. With an almighty splash, and a sort of sputtering sound as its blowhole jetted out a puff of air, the whale was off. The kids if Parish Point had saved the day.

Oliver coughed up a mouthful of seawater, staggering back out of the knee-deep water and running to Stu in a panic only to see that the blond boy wasn't hurt... just sitting in enchantment as the whale calf dipped under the waves and disappeared out to sea. Oliver, brushing wet locks out of his face, smiled shakily. Everyone had made it... everyone was okay. Not knowing what else to do, he knelt down next to Stu and stared off at the slate blue Atlantic depths with him.

Somewhere out there on the horizon, Oliver hoped the whale's family would be waiting. It was that thought, that this whale was a creature with feelings and family that loved it, that brought Oliver to bury his face in his gloves and choke on a quiet sob. He couldn't tell in that moment whether he was happy, sad, really overwhelmed-- maybe a little jealous. It didn't matter... he just let the emotion hit him square in the chest.

code by valen t.

It wasn’t long before Josie came bursting out of the house, returning Clark’s smile to his face as she snatched his offered candy from his hand and took off down the stairs in a flurry of citrus and vanilla. She was too fast for Clark to catch up and she was in the truck before Clark even knew what was happening. While she was running away from him and down the stairs of her porch, Clark heard the clearing of a throat behind him and he turned to see Josie’s dad standing behind him in the doorway. Clark smiled at him and waved a hello. He’d always liked Mr. Baker, he was nice to Clark and he seemed like a generally good guy. Grandma Juni liked to give them pies and things a lot, Clark had always assumed it was because she knew about how Josie’s mom had left them with little to nothing and she wanted to help out in a subtle way. It was good though, because Josie loved berries and his grandmother had a tendency to make her tarts and any and all things she could bake with berries in them. Mr. Baker never turned a baked good down. It also gave Clark an excuse to come to Josie’s house all the time with baked deliveries, so that was nice.

“Don’t stay out too late.” Mr. Baker nodded to Clark and he simply shook his head in enthusiastic agreement.

“Don’t worry, Mr. Baker. We’ll be back before long!” With that, Clark took off down the stairs after Josie. She was already sitting in his passenger seat, the candy he’d brought her already open and being eaten with the quickness of someone who...well loved the stuff. Josie had been in this very passenger seat tons of times over the course of their highschool years. She didn’t like driving very much, but that worked out okay because Clark loved it and he was always willing to drive his best friend in the whole wide world anywhere her little heart desired. Clark thought he’d probably drive Josie all the way to Hollywood if she wanted. He knew she really would like to get into UCLA so maybe that’d be a nice trip, if he could ever get his parents to let him take her. Clark decided he’d store that idea away in his head for a later date. For right now, they had a beach to get to. Clark turned the key in the ignition and started them off, a sour straw hovering in front of his face being the only thing that stopped him from driving off immediately. He grinned and plucked the candy from Josie’s hand.

“Yes, I do.” Clark placed the end of the straw in his mouth, and leaned over to fiddle with the radio, “My sister tried to steal them this morning. I had to guilt trip her to get them back. I think she’d rather have you as a big sister than me.” The soothing baritone of Elvis spilled out through the radio speakers and Clark seemingly lit up like the star on top of a Christmas tree the second he heard the opening chords of All Shook Up entered his ears. The truck pulled away from Josie’s house just as Elvis began singing. Clark’s voice too rang out alongside Elvis’. He loved Elvis and always had since he was a little kid, his grandmother and late grandfather had an affinity for the King of Rock and he grew up listening to him. Nights spent in his grandmother's kitchen, spinning around in his pajamas while Elvis played giving him a warm feeling in his chest.

“My hands are shaking and my knees are weak,” Clark turned to Josie in the passenger, “Sing with me, I know you know the lyrics. I've played Elvis so much.” He implored her with a dazzling smile that might make someone go blind were they to look directly at it. Josie was a good singer, she’d been in choir a long time ago and he knew she liked to sing. Plus, he liked her voice. So they’d sing until they got to the beach and Clark wouldn’t ever lose the smile plastered on his face.

Clark
"I'm all shook up!"
location? The beachhhh
outfit? Jeans and the most basic jacket ever
interactions? Josie Soap Soap
any last words? Elvis is the mood
coded by incandescent

It wasn’t long before Josie came bursting out of the house, returning Clark’s smile to his face as she snatched his offered candy from his hand and took off down the stairs in a flurry of citrus and vanilla. She was too fast for Clark to catch up and she was in the truck before Clark even knew what was happening. While she was running away from him and down the stairs of her porch, Clark heard the clearing of a throat behind him and he turned to see Josie’s dad standing behind him in the doorway. Clark smiled at him and waved a hello. He’d always liked Mr. Baker, he was nice to Clark and he seemed like a generally good guy. Grandma Juni liked to give them pies and things a lot, Clark had always assumed it was because she knew about how Josie’s mom had left them with little to nothing and she wanted to help out in a subtle way. It was good though, because Josie loved berries and his grandmother had a tendency to make her tarts and any and all things she could bake with berries in them. Mr. Baker never turned a baked good down. It also gave Clark an excuse to come to Josie’s house all the time with baked deliveries, so that was nice.

“Don’t stay out too late.” Mr. Baker nodded to Clark and he simply shook his head in enthusiastic agreement.

“Don’t worry, Mr. Baker. We’ll be back before long!” With that, Clark took off down the stairs after Josie. She was already sitting in his passenger seat, the candy he’d brought her already open and being eaten with the quickness of someone who...well loved the stuff. Josie had been in this very passenger seat tons of times over the course of their highschool years. She didn’t like driving very much, but that worked out okay because Clark loved it and he was always willing to drive his best friend in the whole wide world anywhere her little heart desired. Clark thought he’d probably drive Josie all the way to Hollywood if she wanted. He knew she really would like to get into UCLA so maybe that’d be a nice trip, if he could ever get his parents to let him take her. Clark decided he’d store that idea away in his head for a later date. For right now, they had a beach to get to. Clark turned the key in the ignition and started them off, a sour straw hovering in front of his face being the only thing that stopped him from driving off immediately. He grinned and plucked the candy from Josie’s hand.

“Yes, I do.” Clark placed the end of the straw in his mouth, and leaned over to fiddle with the radio, “My sister tried to steal them this morning. I had to guilt trip her to get them back. I think she’d rather have you as a big sister than me.” The soothing baritone of Elvis spilled out through the radio speakers and Clark seemingly lit up like the star on top of a Christmas tree the second he heard the opening chords of All Shook Up entered his ears. The truck pulled away from Josie’s house just as Elvis began singing. Clark’s voice too rang out alongside Elvis’. He loved Elvis and always had since he was a little kid, his grandmother and late grandfather had an affinity for the King of Rock and he grew up listening to him. Nights spent in his grandmother's kitchen, spinning around in his pajamas while Elvis played giving him a warm feeling in his chest.

“My hands are shaking and my knees are weak,” Clark turned to Josie in the passenger, “Sing with me, I know you know the lyrics. I've played Elvis so much.” He implored her with a dazzling smile that might make someone go blind were they to look directly at it. Josie was a good singer, she’d been in choir a long time ago and he knew she liked to sing. Plus, he liked her voice. So they’d sing until they got to the beach and Clark wouldn’t ever lose the smile plastered on his face.

mood

ready to help out

the beach

outfit

tags

interactions: sawyer ( KingofAesir KingofAesir )
mentions: n/a

hyacinth

she’s made of sweet tea & poetry

Hyacinth knew that she wasn’t the strongest individual compared to some but she had pushed the whale with everything that she had, just as the rest of the students did. And when the whale began to move under their combined efforts she couldn’t help but smile wide. And the sight of the creature breaking through the waves and finally returned to where it belonged warmed Hyacinth’s heart. Now it would be able to return to its family and heal from its injuries. She was so relieved and it showed in the way she turned to Sawyer and hugged the other girl, holding on for what could be considered too long to anyone else. When she did let go Hyacinth was reminded that Sawyer was still injured and her expression showed her concern. “Are you okay? How is your foot feeling?” She took a step back.

Hyacinth looked Sawyer over, as if checking for any injuries or signs of distress. “I brought my picnic basket and a blanket. I know that we haven’t really cleaned up but I’m a little hungry after that. We can eat and you can rest your leg.” With that Hyacinth grabbed Sawyer’s keys and headed to her car. She was back to her usual dreamy self now that the whale was safely back in the water and not in danger of drying out. It didn’t take Hyacinth long to retrieve the basket from Sawyer’s car and it took even less time for her to set up. After everything was all spread out Hyacinth walked over to Sawyer, grabbing her hand and lacing it with hers.

“I hope that you like it. It’s mostly fruit like strawberries, pineapples, and cherries. I also packed these really delicious crackers with salami, different cheeses, and macarons. Oh! And some sparkling waters from this brand I’m fond of.” Upon reaching the blanket Hyacinth sat down.

nine lives

mood

filler

outfit

filler

tags

It wasn't really glamorous, like in the movies. The whale flopped onto its belly and into the shallows, where it was pulled in by the tide. Its bloody side didn't actually look all too bad. It would be big on a person, but not as much on a cetacean. Salt water flew into Vered's face and stung his eyes, it tasted acrid and horrible and ran under his raincoat into the collar of his shirt. He'd never felt better in his life.

On one hand, it was an absolute crime that a bunch of students should have to rescue a beached whale while the cops sit around with their thumbs up their butts and strangers take photos. But Vered couldn't pretend he didn't feel a little bit proud of himself, even a tad haughty. He'd done more for that whale than any old grown-up. Well, him and the combined efforts of several of his peers. If it was just him, the whale would be dead with no chance.

Now he was having asthma. He took another puff from his inhaler. He couldn't tell if the moisture on his brow was sweat or ocean mist. He wasn't sure if it mattered.

"Holy cow, did we really do that?"

He fell down onto his ass and watched the water.

♡design by neon reverie, coded by uxie♡

MOOD: Isolated
interaction

MAX BERKOWITZ

And just like that, it was over.

The whale seemed to regain its strength as it was lifted over the current, splashing wildly and trying to break away from the group. Max hurried to ground himself as best he could on the wet sand to avoid being knocked back like the young boy to his right. He caught the whale's fin with his elbow, struggling to regain his grip on the wet flailing cetacean. It seemed to move blindly, trying to wrestle its way from the kids who fought to try and help it navigate out to sea instead of further onto the beach.

And the instant it did, Max doubled over to catch his breath, suddenly dizzy and exhausted. He supposed he could now say grappling with a frightened pilot whale was a thing he'd accomplished.

Still clutching his aching sides, he moved back from the shoreline, looking around for Harper and her troupe. The girls seemed to have drifted off. Shoot. There went his social lifeline. Without her, and with the rest of the group scattered to the winds as they all picked themselves back up from what had just transpired, Max simply shrugged off his bloody sand-encrusted jacket, picking up a trash bag for later and walking of to find Iris and the coffee people. It would take a lot of caffeine to recover from this. Max had a lot to process before tomorrow... between volunteering to help those displaced by the storm and pressing city council about their grossly negligent treatment of the beach situation, he felt as though he already had far too much to take on. And he was just getting started.

code by valen t.

Last edited:
MOOD: Boring
interaction ❜ Stu, Vered, Oliver, Beach People Dede Dede Twin Fantasy Twin Fantasy

this scrolls too btw just in case the text overflows

IVY DAWKINS

Ivy rolled up to the beach just in time to watch little Flipper wriggle his way to freedom. Well, heartwarming as it was, Ivy was mostly just glad she hadn't come all this way to deal with a whale carcass. She skidded to a stop, quickly taking a seat on the edge of the sidewalk to swap out her skates for her shoes, then hopped onto the beach, striding with her head high in a way that defied her small stature.

"Hello, heroes of the coast." She greeted, mostly to the group of boys huddled together on the sand watching the whale paddle off into the ocean as if it were a lifelong friend setting out to sea never to return like in some kind of Victorian novel. Was one of those kids actually crying? Ivy snorted. "Relax, the whale wasn't gonna marry you."

Grabbing up a trash bag for the task at hand, she took a look around the wrecked beach. Trash, broken tree limbs and debris were strewn everywhere. It would take a long ass time for them to polish it up, and Ivy was not looking forward to it. At all.

She pulled a small pack of gum out of the pocket of her skirt, sliding a stick in her mouth and rolling her eyes back. Only a handful of kids had started the main event of cleaning up the shore. Most were catching their breath, furiously tweeting, or recuperating with the provided coffee and snacks. Or in the case of the hobbits here, watching the goddamn HMS. Titanic drift over the horizon or something.

Mostly though, she was on the lookout for Evie. That little spitfire was her best chance at stirring up shit. She had no idea if Veev had decided to be a Whale Savior, but time would tell.

In the meantime, there was driftwood and plastic bottles to scoop up. Fun.

code by valen t.

They had just pushed an entire whale back into the ocean. Sawyer was taken aback by the sheer feeling of awe that she was feeling right now. Who could ever say that they had pushed a whale back into the ocean? Not very many people she would assume. But, holy shit. Sawyer was just kind of standing there watching the ocean lap at the sand beneath her feet, the shouts of the rest of her peers fading to the background. It wasn’t until something warm collided into her side and the jarring pain in her ankle built up over the adrenaline in her system that she was pulled out of her awestruck reverie. Sure, they had just saved a whale, but Hyacinth was hugging her with a strength Sawyer didn’t know she had. Also, her ankle was fucking killing her. When Hyacinth pulled away again, she was struck by just how cold it suddenly was. The whale was completely forgotten because her head had gone to spinning again and she was really beginning to hate herself. Sawyer answered Hyacinth’s question about her ankle without a moment of hesitation, not wanting to worry her. Hyacinth didn’t need to know that the thing was throbbing with a sickening pain that almost made her want to fall over. Besides, it would probably pass pretty soon anyway.

“I’ll survive. It’s fine.” And then Hyacinth was looking over her like a doctor would when examining you and Sawyer felt increasingly nervous under her gaze. She almost felt like running away from Hyacinth, or hobbling rather. But before she knew what was happening, Hyacinth was saying something about a picnic and was stealing Sawyer’s keys, from her pocket, and taking off. Sawyer was still stunned at the fact that Hyacinth had literally just stuck her entire hand inside Sawyer’s pocket by the time the other girl got back. If the whole pocket thing wasn’t enough, Hyacinth had decided to hold Sawyer’s hand too as she led her to wherever she had set up the picnic. If Hyacinth took her by the hand Sawyer would probably follow her off a cliff, honestly. But there were no cliffs today because Hyacinth, thankfully, wasn’t some sort of siren trying to drag her to her watery death. At least, she didn’t think so right now, but it was getting increasingly hard to believe that this girl wasn’t wielding some kind of magic. How else would she have literally packed a picnic that looked like it was straight out of a movie. Sawyer was honestly pretty impressed, the extent of her picnic skills was a sandwich and maybe some chips. But Hyacinth had brought a whole spread of things.

“This is really cool.” Sawyer finally rediscovered the ability to speak once again, “I don’t think I could’ve put together something so pretty.” She sat down on the blanket next to Hyacinth and nudged her playfully with her shoulder, “And you’re one hundred percent sure you’re not magic?”

Sawyer
"Lead me to my death, please."
location? The beach my dudes
outfit? That goddamn jacket and beanie
interactions? erzulie erzulie
any last words? Dying slowly again
coded by incandescent

They had just pushed an entire whale back into the ocean. Sawyer was taken aback by the sheer feeling of awe that she was feeling right now. Who could ever say that they had pushed a whale back into the ocean? Not very many people she would assume. But, holy shit. Sawyer was just kind of standing there watching the ocean lap at the sand beneath her feet, the shouts of the rest of her peers fading to the background. It wasn’t until something warm collided into her side and the jarring pain in her ankle built up over the adrenaline in her system that she was pulled out of her awestruck reverie. Sure, they had just saved a whale, but Hyacinth was hugging her with a strength Sawyer didn’t know she had. Also, her ankle was fucking killing her. When Hyacinth pulled away again, she was struck by just how cold it suddenly was. The whale was completely forgotten because her head had gone to spinning again and she was really beginning to hate herself. Sawyer answered Hyacinth’s question about her ankle without a moment of hesitation, not wanting to worry her. Hyacinth didn’t need to know that the thing was throbbing with a sickening pain that almost made her want to fall over. Besides, it would probably pass pretty soon anyway.

“I’ll survive. It’s fine.” And then Hyacinth was looking over her like a doctor would when examining you and Sawyer felt increasingly nervous under her gaze. She almost felt like running away from Hyacinth, or hobbling rather. But before she knew what was happening, Hyacinth was saying something about a picnic and was stealing Sawyer’s keys, from her pocket, and taking off. Sawyer was still stunned at the fact that Hyacinth had literally just stuck her entire hand inside Sawyer’s pocket by the time the other girl got back. If the whole pocket thing wasn’t enough, Hyacinth had decided to hold Sawyer’s hand too as she led her to wherever she had set up the picnic. If Hyacinth took her by the hand Sawyer would probably follow her off a cliff, honestly. But there were no cliffs today because Hyacinth, thankfully, wasn’t some sort of siren trying to drag her to her watery death. At least, she didn’t think so right now, but it was getting increasingly hard to believe that this girl wasn’t wielding some kind of magic. How else would she have literally packed a picnic that looked like it was straight out of a movie. Sawyer was honestly pretty impressed, the extent of her picnic skills was a sandwich and maybe some chips. But Hyacinth had brought a whole spread of things.

“This is really cool.” Sawyer finally rediscovered the ability to speak once again, “I don’t think I could’ve put together something so pretty.” She sat down on the blanket next to Hyacinth and nudged her playfully with her shoulder, “And you’re one hundred percent sure you’re not magic?”

tumblr_inline_oyvduglkJ01tect6h_400.gifv
As they pushed Tatum could feel the whale moving and eventually it just continued, and she was no longer pushing. The whale had slid out of her hands and back into the water, and a wave of relief had rushed over her. They did it. They actually did it, the baby whale was back in the water and Tatum let herself sit in the sand, and stare into the horizon a smile on her face. If nothing else she at least had a highlight to her bad day. She let her eyes glance around at the others, who were also celebrating this victory, and then her eyes landed on Zach. Pain filled her chest and the smile on her face had faltered. She hated that he caused her pain, but when things were good between them, everything was great. They were the couple everyone knew. Malibu Ken and Barbie. Though Tatum kind of hated being labeled as a Barbie. It made her feel as though people thought she was stupid or ditzy. She wasn’t though, but she knew that it some people thought that.

Picking up trash sounded like a drag after saving a whale and Tatum decided that she would rather leave and collect supplies for the celebration of saving a whale. But first she had stopped to pick up a coffee from the new café that had set up a small table for the students to get coffee from. It was good, but she was still loyal to her Sleeping Hedgehog café. Once she had acquired her coffee, she needed to find Isa and Liz so they could get her back to her place. Tatum could then take her dads car and collect what she needed. Now that the roads were getting cleared.

However, with Tatum being as petty as she was, she had kicked Zach out of the car, he could find a new way home, after-all if he wasn’t going to defend her from his stupid friend then she sure as hell didn’t have to find him a ride home. Just because she loved him didn’t mean she had to let him win this battle. Not that she had actually told him she loved him, but it was fine. He hadn’t said it to her either. So, if he wasn’t going to do his part as a good boyfriend then she could take a day off as a semi-decent girlfriend. Her wrath was the last thing he should have incited, but he did and he could suffer his consequences.

Mention(s): PenguinFox PenguinFox lion. lion. r e i r e i

Harper Anderson

Harper gave off a giant sigh of relief as the slippery skin of the whale left her finger tips, cheers of excitement left everyone's lips. The whale seemed to give off his own excited thank you with the flip of his tail. Unfortunately, the small blonde boy happened to just be in the wrong spot at the wrong time and he got knocked over by the backlash of it. Harper pinched her lips together, eyes wide with her breath caught in her throat. She waited for a moment for the boy to get up before going back to the excitement of having saved a whale after the storm.

At least Harper could check something new off her bucket list. But she was going to have to write it down on that check list first, she never expected to be not only seeing a pilot whale let alone saving one. Her arms were cold and soggy, soaked with the ocean water and sand stuck in all the crevices. Now, if it hadn't had been rainy and cold she wouldn't have minded it that much. But it was rainy, and it was cold, and she had just shoved a whale back into the water.

Harper shook her arms, trying her best to air dry her sweatshirt even when she knew that the effort was rather futile. She crossed her arms, tucking her hands underneath her armpits. She took a deep breath in blowing out hard, she bounced on the balls of her toes. She watched as Hya grabbed Sawyer's hand and ran off with her, she gave a low blowing whistle as the two new found love birds took off. Catching Sawyer's eye before they trailed off for their picnic.

Harper then realized she wasn't alone and all eyes were on her, cheeks quickly turning pink, she dropped her head and quickly walked away attempting to find Max. All of a sudden he had gotten up and left, and she had missed it entirely, and now she was, alone, on the beach, with too many classmates surrounding her. She got away from the water and half way down the beach, and everyone was basically dots.

How had looking for Max turned her into running away from any form of socialization. Why was she embarrassed for trying to embarrass Sawyer, that didn't even make sense to her. She took another deep sigh before heading back towards the beach. She should of been happy, she should of been celebrating, they had just saved a whole ass whale... Well a calve pilot whale, either way, it was really cool.

She stopped walking once again, looking out over the horizon, Harper kept an eye out for her friend Max as she didn't feel like cleaning the beach all alone.

Mentions: erzulie erzulie KingofAesir KingofAesir Chimney Swift Chimney Swift Dede Dede Interactions: Open​

tumblr_inline_o9buo0jwZX1rifr4k_500.gif
Lemon had meant to get to the beach at an earlier time, but as luck would have it, she kept getting delayed. First, she couldn’t find her hairbrush and she had thrown everything around in her room in a frenzy. Her mother could hear the commotion had tapped on the open door, “Lemon, honey. Is everything okay?” Lemon looked up at her mother a crazed look still in her eyes, “No mom! I can’t find my hairbrush. I can’t go out with my hair looking like a rat’s nest!” Lemon could feel herself getting worked up over the fact that she couldn’t find her brush, but she wanted to help everyone down at the beach. Why did she have to lose her hairbrush? Her mother had gotten down to her level, “Little grasshopper, you need to breathe. I’ll grab you my hairbrush. But you have to take a step back and breathe.” Her mother placed a kiss on her forehead before heading out of the room and grabbing a hairbrush. Lemon had looked at her room and she may have understood why her mother had come to check on her. Most of the items in her vanity had wound up on the ground or strewn across the vanity.

Once Lemon had brushed her hair and gotten ready, her mother had sat her down for breakfast with the family. It was a Pierce daily routine to have breakfast together. Her father was reading through his paperwork instead of the daily paper, because it wasn’t able to be delivered. He had been drinking his coffee and her mother was humming around the kitchen. All in all, Lemon enjoyed her family. They were small but they had all they needed to get by.

Her breakfast consumed Lemon made her way to the beach, the drive was unpleasant but once she had arrived, she realized the whale had been successfully saved. It was a good thing to hear. She looked down at her phone once she got onto the sand and she felt herself bump into another body, “Oh my goodness, I’m so sorry. I wasn’t paying attention.” When her eyes finally took sight of who she had run into it was none other than Hayden Anderson. She really didn’t know him well, but she had seen him around. All she could do was pray that he wouldn’t yell at her.

Dazzle Dazzle

"Go Pirates!"

N/A

Scared

What are we gonna do about this whale?

N/A

Ashley Park

(She/Her)

• h

(click play twice!)

Nobody responded. Ashley wished she could have seen that coming, but she didn’t. It looks like she’d be on her own for the whale pushing activity. Who needed friends, or people who like you enough to talk to you anyway?

The bright side was that it seemed like her hollering had worked. More and more reinforcements were coming.

At least they had some form of strategy now. With all her energy, and her back she pressed against the whale one more time. The troops gave her a much needed confidence booster. Maybe she wouldn’t have to know what whale meat tasted like after all.

This was it. The schools had banded together. And their mascot was the one to incite this change. She wished she could have said she was surprised, but she wasn’t.

As the group pushed the whale one last time, she felt a literal weight off her shoulders. This time she knew that she was crying. They had done it. And she felt like a freaking hero.

The rest of the moving was easy. More like a victory lap than finishing the job.
The whale went into the ocean, without a hitch. Well there was one hitch. She was pretty sure the mascot rolled away. Though she wanted to check on him, she knew he had his nerd friends to help him.

As the whale finally entered the water, she jumped into the air with glee. “We did it!” She screamed much too loud for anyone’s good, but she didn’t care. She ran into the sand, essentially swan diving in. She didn’t care to move after everything that had happened.

♡design by rabbitswarren, coded by uxie♡

Maxine Rhodes

So what if this was her last pair of clean clothes, entirely out of quarters, and hadn't had a chance to exchange the cash she had saved to be able to use laundry mat with the storm and the now forced charity work. Even so, now she could brag that she helped save a whale. She stood up out of the water, completely soaked from head to toe, covered in sand. "Alright.. That was.. Well. Fun." She coughed up some sand, turns out when the whale splashed it's tail against the water, it brought up more than just the sea water, it splashed up some sand, getting caught in her mouth in the excitement.

"I guess we could of taken your bike anyways Colby.." Max unzipped her sweatshirt, tying it around her waist. "No way you can stay dry saving a whale I guess." She chuckled half heartedly. "Ugh, I am going to need some dry clothes before the party." Max had to resist the urge to pull off of her jeans then and there. The feeling of wet jeans rubbing against her skin, combined with sand was irritating her skin.

Instead of stripping down on the beach Max just pulled at her jeans, trying to pull them away from her skin. "Damn, now I know how the whale must of felt." Sitting there, only able to barely flop around, just rubbing against the wet sand. Must of been so uncomfortable for the poor thing.

"Any chance we can go back to the cafe? I need a hot chocolate to warm up after that." She elbowed Colby in the side, hoping just maybe his grandparents might take pitty on them since they were soaked to the bone and saved a whale. They were basically royalty at this point in the town, since the adults in town were useless.

Interactions: 0k_mang0 0k_mang0

50CB958D-EA4F-464A-BF16-0A4AA2156CBA.jpeg
Charlie Ara
Charlie yawned, rubbing her eyes aggressively as she stepped onto the morning bus. A seat was open at the front, so she leaned back and rested her face against the cool glass. The young woman had just arrived in town the day before and spent the rest of her time sleeping in her hotel room. That was her mistake for not finding an apartment before she decided to follow her best friend miles and miles from home, but hey, too late now. After a brief ride, the bus pulled up a little ways away from the beach where the email said to go. Something about cleaning, which was fine with her. Cleaning up nature was a part of the hippy thing anyway, even if it was a new age hippy doing the cleaning. That was until she stopped at the top of the sand. Her face scrunched up in utter disbelief and confusion as Charlie saw dozens of students pushing a LITERAL WHALE back into the ocean. She casually made her way down the shore to the group, her face relaxed. "Guess I missed the party? The city bus ran late." She crossed her arms and looked down to the girl in the sand. "This is kinda not what I pictured on my first day, but hey, I am all for untraditional learning." Charlie pulled her hair back with a hair tie and held out a hand to help the other girl up. Her light eyes scanned the beach, wondering if she would be able to find Ian here. She had assumed so, but with him... eh well he was about as unpredictable as her.
Charlie looked back to the girl and noticed how overjoyed she seemed, and the energy made her smile. Before she knew it, Charlie was holding back giggles, suddenly high off the excitement in the air. "Sorry, sorry, I just love your energy."
tamarapasek tamarapasek

Brandon Lightwood
Had it been ten minutes? Longer? Brandon could barely feel his hands pressed up against the suffering creature. They had made some headway, but a boost was definitely needed. Well, they got help from pretty much all of the people on the scene. Obviously, the help came with some complimentary comments about ‘manning up’ and some great advice of ‘put your backs into it and legs under it’. Brandon did suppress his urge to shoot back with things like ‘How else do you push something people?...’ successfully. It wasn’t the time or the place. Plus given that students were willing to co-operate despite the famous in-town rivalry of Parish High and Hartfield would have made him sound like a snob. The task at hand was far more important than any of that stuff. And all of sudden, it was over.

There was a violent jolt as if the Whale was hit with a strong current and it flopped over via the half dug channel into the tide, leaving a lot of people off balance and a few unfortunate ones in the sand. Brandon himself staggered and landed on his knees. He witnessed Stu getting placed on his ass and a few other people suffer the same fate. But nobody cared about that. Everyone had that starry look of satisfaction in their eyes. For him, though it was mostly relief and pain.

His left arm ached like someone was stabbing it and his back felt like it had bent in unnatural places. Standing back up took way more effort than it should have. The outfit was pretty much done. Water, Sand, and cetacean bloodstains made sure of that. There was no point in brushing it off right away, so he sat back down on the wet sand. It was too much of a pain to keep standing. ‘Saving a whale...eh.’ It was hard to describe what this feeling was... A mixture of triumph, jubilation, relief, disappointment, and most importantly, accomplishment. Well, whatever the feeling was, it definitely put a slight smile on his lips

There was a common sense of victory across the beach peppered with debris. Ved, which was his new name for the boy with the inhaler, landed on a spot near him and exclaimed that they really pulled it off. Brandon spoke, with a hint of pride in his voice, “We sure did, All of us. Never thought I would say this but looks like that crap they taught us in ethics class about unity wasn’t complete fluff.” Brandon looked around the beach once again. A lot of these people would probably go back to bickering amongst themselves, including him. That’s just how it was in this town. His thoughts were interrupted by the snide remarks from a girl who walked past them. Was she in his grade? She looked too little to be a high schooler. But the trash bag in her hand reminded him why they had come to the beach in the first place. ‘Ughh…’ was his instant reflex. The beach was in pretty rough shape, but he could have made a good case for why he was in a worse shape. Despite his internal cringe and complaints, it was time to get up.

Mentions: Nerd squad, Twin Fantasy Twin Fantasy ( Vered ), Chimney Swift Chimney Swift ( Ivy )

MOOD: Happy, excited

basics
MENTIONS: AJ a z u l a a z u l a

INT: Clark KingofAesir KingofAesir

tags
TL;DR Josie's cleanin & makin bets.
tl;dr
Josephine
But I can't help fallin' in love with you.

A chuckle escaped the blonde, almost choking on the candy at his words. Claire was adorable-- Josie came over every single day once she was born, kids were always fun to play with... although newborns weren't all that great, they were noisy, smelly, but it was fun to look at them. She just wanted to squeeze them really hard and not in a murderous way whatsoever. Wasn't that a thing though? Humans saw something so cute and their first instinct was to kill it? Not that Josie would ever kill a child, that was completely immoral, and well, a sin... even if almost everything was a sin, that was a major one.

But the point was, Josie could've swore she read that somewhere. "Well duh. I'm obviously the more lovable one here. Anyone would kill to have me as a sister." She shrugged, a teasingly wide grin playing on her lips while she racked her brain for whatever murder novel she'd found out that piece of information. Clark had turned the radio louder and Josie couldn't help but laugh, "Nooo! Turn it offffff." So... maybe everyone would hate her for this, but she didn't like Elvis. What? She didn't! Sure, classics were classics and all that. But... a little Taylor Swift wouldn't hurt anyone.

Yeah, she was fan. Sue her.

She didn't want to sing, Josie loved to sing-- yeah, but Elvis? Nope. Nope. There was no way she'd-- once quick glance at his smile, a catch of her breath and just like that she gave in. Josephine was disappointed in herself, the younger girl just didn't have self-control. None! If Clark had asked her to jump off a bridge with him? Zero questions would be asked and... she hated that. Was she really that girl? After a really deep sigh, the blonde shook her head, suddenly bursting into song. "I can't seem to stand on my own two feet, Who do you think of when you have such luck?"

''I'm in love.' I'm all shook up."

And oh boy, was she.

The dreadful cheesy song had came to an end, and they arrived at the beach. Josie couldn't help but a slight pout forming on her face at the sight of no whale. Well, it was a good thing he wasn't here though! It meant they helped the little guy back into the water but... it sucked she wasn't there to help. The blonde hopped out of the passenger seat, throwing the already more than half eaten candy package into her backpack. "You should've gave them to Claire, it would've been a nice big brother thing to do butttttt. I'm kinda glad you didn't, so. Thanks for choosing me over a four year old, it's a real honor."

Josie slid on her gloves and glanced around at the beach.

She'd used to come here with her parents and AJ when they were little. All the time, really. Amusement parks were fun and all, but the beach is where they had their good days. It was one of those days where nothing went wrong, y'know? No arguments, no issues, it was just the four of them enjoying themselves. Maybe if Josie decides to get her license she'll drive down to Hartfield. Visit AJ? A permit couldn't get you very far, and... Josie wasn't a big fan of driving in the first place but at least she'd try. "Okay! Let's get to work, these muscles can't do all the work you know." Josephine narrowed her eyes, scowling and trying her best to look intimidating, flexing one arm like one of those bodybuilders she'd seen on social media.

"Oh, oh! Idea. Whoever cleans up the most trash? Wins uh... a pass. Yeah! A pass. This special pass consists of a free anything. A certain movie you wanna see, a question you don't wanna answer, any special plans that the other doesn't wanna do? Call the pass and it's mandatory. Whattaya say? Is it a deal?" Josie held her hand out, waiting for the handshake only to strike once he shook it, the blonde's plan was to get a head start, dashing as soon as the deal was made.
code by valen t.

Last edited:
MOOD: Being a teenager.

basics
MENTIONS: Nerds

INT: Ivy Chimney Swift Chimney Swift

tags
TL;DR Evie's pissed, but taking out her anger on Ivy.
tl;dr
Genevieve
I don't give a damn about my bad reputation

They pushed and pushed, Evie's footing had almost slipped on the sand but she managed to keep her balance. There was no way anyone here was putting in as much work as she was. It was scientifically impossible. Finally the whale had gave in, sliding against the sand and straight into the water. "Yes!" Evie fist pumped into the air, if she had to suffer and pick up some trash today, at least Gert didn't explode. That was one-upside about today. "Alright nerds. I'm out of here." The brunette walked towards her skateboard, glancing around before picking it up. There was no way someone would even bother with this thing-- she regretted leaving it all alone out here while she was busy. This thing was practically her baby, her whole entire life.

Well, that was until she had gotten a new one.

Sure, she was rich for the time being but that didn't mean Evie could spend Step-douche's money whenever she wanted. If she did? Oh, she would've maxed out all his cards right now on playboy magazines just to make him look bad. Afterwards she'd burn them, those shits were disgusting. Evie was many things, but a nudist was not one of them, doesn't matter if it was for gross pleasure or whatever. It was disgusting. Or well, maybe she just hadn't grown up enough yet to fully understand it. Either way? Naked people in Evie's eyes was just as sad as all this trash on the beach. She shook her head, quite confused on how her thought process had ended up here.

Speaking of sad trash.

Evie's gaze landed on none other than Satan herself. She narrowed her eyes and yet, surprisingly decided to approach her. There was nothing more Evie loved than bothering people on purpose. It gave her a certain rush of things. Hey, maybe picking on people was her version of pleasure. Ew. That sounded disgusting. But... if they had a magazine of insults she could use against people-- she'd buy it.

A playbanter magazine. Evie should make that, she'd become a millionaire in seconds. Richer than Step-douche and Bill Gates combined. "Ivy, I see you came to support your family members." Genevieve gestured to the all the garbage around them, returning her focus back to Satan with a wide grin. This was her first time seeing the girl in person and she had to admit she was slightly upset that she had a few inches on her.

What a bitch.
code by valen t.

MOOD: Might as well be her birthday
interaction ❜ Evie, Vered, Oliver Soap Soap Twin Fantasy Twin Fantasy

IVY DAWKINS

A wide Cheshire-Cat grin spread over Ivy's face. Veev. Genny Vivi Blakey. Genevieve. That bitter baby Skat8rB0y from Twitter. Probably her favorite person on the whole planet right now. That uppity, flouncy private school girl of Ivy's dreams. Ivy's heart lit up... she could have kissed the skateboard-wielding Hartfield Honey right there on the beach.

They were going to have so much fun together.

She was so caught up in her reverie that she may have accidentally given Evie time to make the first jab. Whoops. Well, no matter. Ivy cracked her gum, seemed to think deeply for a moment, then got right to it. "Huh?" She looked around wildly as if she'd just been teleported to the beach with no context. "You hear that, cousins? Chucklefuck is happy to see us!" In her gloved hand, she picked up what looked to be the slimy seaweed-entangled remains of some kind of blanket or shirt, holding it to about her shoulder height. "Have you met the missus yet?" She puppeteered the vile object around, flopping it left and right as she dubbed in with a high-pitched sing-song voice "Honey, get the gun! There's a spitty rabid dingo on the beach!" Ivy laughed through her teeth and gently, carefully plopped it over Evie's choes. "Please excuse Dimitrya. She's a little drunk. Those wild Russian family reunions, am I right?"

Then, abruptly and without warning, her tone shifted drastically. Ivy blinked her wide dark eyes, trembling her lower lip and cradling her empty trash bag like a security blanket. "But, Veev... it's not funny to joke about family..." She lisped dramatically, sniffling and pretending to tear up. "...Right in front of the orphans. Shame on you, really." One might assume she was talking about herself, because... y'know, but instead she sidestepped over to the Whale Fanclub, placing one hand on Goth Oliver Twist's shoulder and one on Youth Leader Asthma Gremlin's. The taller of the two boys immediately startled upon contact, roughly swatting his hand (which, without its gloves, looked to be littered in bite marks) at Ivy's arm. Ivy didn't react. She pressed down a little harder on the boys' shoulders, which seemed to frighten Ichabod Crane into silence. Perfect.

"What do you have to say to them, Vivi? I can hear the hurricane of childhood trauma flooding to their brains right now. Come close, listen, do you hear it? Whoosh. Those are the winds of sorrow, Gen. Shame. Shaaaaaame. How dare you call them garbage? Don't you know they spit-shine coffee beans at the Hedgehog just so they can afford to breathe air? Looks like Tiny Tim's behind on some shifts..."

code by valen t.

• filler

At the comment thrown her way from Maxine, her answer came only as a sarcastic laugh, golden eyes rolling in mocked annoyance despite the small laugh slipped through her lips. Some of her anxiety eased with Colby's words and instruction, her cheeks puffing out for a moment as she released a deep breath. All her focus returned to the cold shovel in hand and the sand beneath her booted feet, to hell with her clothes she thought as she made her way closer and closer to the shoreline, determined to dig out a trail for the whale and, in some way, give a small part of herself to a helpless creature far more innocent and far more deserving of the freedom of which it was robbed. In what seemed like seconds the large creature actually began to move, and Nomi found herself treading into the water, a hand reached out towards the whale as it drew nearer - they were so close! A moment more and an excited laugh drew from her parted lips, her cheers joining the others as the calf made its way further into the water and eventually disappearing from view. Her eyes scanned over the various other students on the sand before her, realising that for each of them this moment had meant something, saving the beached whale had meant something. Noemie was almost certain that Coralie Mesny would be cheering the loudest of all stood proudly on the shoreline, her grandmother would have certainly loved this moment. With another breath she soon took notice of the state of her soaked clothes and sand covered legs, a chill already beginning to set in her bones with visible goosebumps rising along her bare arms. Noemie gripped her trusty shovel and headed back up to the softer sand, golden eyes easily finding Tatum and her hand raising in a wave as a silent departure having guessed her close friend would be heading out. Without another second wasted she headed back towards where her car had been parked earlier, feeling soaked to the bone.

A contented sigh passed through Nomi's lips as she changed into the warmer clothes stored away in her car, seemingly not minding in the slightest whoever might see her changing beside her car and truthfully she didn't much care at all. She gave herself a moment to sit comfortably in the car and warm up her chilled body, her slim fingers fishing out her phone from the hoodie's pocket and taking to instagram the news of their victory and tonight's much deserved celebration. Eventually more time passed scrolling through twitter, excitement beginning to course through Nomi at the mentions of picnics and delicious treats. Her mood was quick to dissolve from its content happiness to an uneasy feeling as her private conversation with one certain Zachary Lee had taken a turn she wasn't expecting, Noemie found herself once more conflicted as she shut down the conversation, and truthfully confused as to why the topic had so quickly become her past-relationship. Wasn't the point of past relationships for it to be kept in the past? She released a tired groan before rubbing her face and glancing back out the window towards the beach where students now roamed with the trash bags. Right, they still had to clean. Her attention returned to her phone as she sent a message to Tatum regarding the picnics, a pout forming as she realised her friends would be heading to pick up party supplies and therefore not join in with the picnicking. Again her mood seemed to worsen slightly as even their conversation turned back around to Noemie's past, at this point she just wanted to laugh at herself for it seemed it just wouldn't leave her be today. She climbed out her car and slowly made her way back towards the beach again, the entire walk over spent gathering the energy to just let it go and form an easy smile.

It didn't take all too long for Noemie to live up to her words on twitter as she caught sight of a certain picnic spot ahead, having been driven by her love for all things edible and namely anything fresh Hyacinth Abdella would provide. She tried to keep in mind the fact that Sawyer was with the rather mystical girl, and it could definitely mean she was interupting a date of some sorts, which honestly about damn time - but it was much too hard to ignore the captivating aura of all things-Hyacinth. In a town like Parish Point being seniors in the same school and residents of the town since birth usually meant knowing eachother for a fair amount of time, and was the exact reason why Noemie approached the two girls seated by a deliciously packed picnic basket and comfortably leaned close to Hya, soft lips meeting her delicate cheek in familiar greeting. Though Nomi's usual group of friends consisted of namely Tatum & Isa, it wasn't an all too rare sight for her to greet Hya in these friendly-affectionate ways. It wasn't like the two girls were best friends or anything, but she had known her a long time now, and with her Hyacinth brought an air of familiarity that was comforting. Within a few seconds of her natural greeting she had popped some of the promised grapes into her mouth and a hand already delicately grasping a macaron. "Hya, I love you these are absolutely delicious - you're a goddess"! Noemie's words were accompanied by her usual easy-going grin and shining golden eyes crinkled in a smile, before her grin turned to Sawyer in greeting. "Heya, Sawyer".

noemie calvet

hartfield senior

tatum, hyacinth, sawyer

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:
Stu
07oEz5o.gif

Stu watched the ocean in its majestic calm, wondering where the whale had gone, and if he would find his way home. When Oliver, Vered and Brandon joined him on the sand, he was still sitting in an unstirred silence, like a jack-in-the-box not yet sprung. The girl was right: They were the heroes of the coast, all of them. They’d save a whale. A real whale!

When this realisation finally hit him, his eyes lit up. ‘We did it! We did it!’ He pushed against Oliver playfully, and turning to his other side he threw his weight at Vered and tossed him into the sand as well, before reaching over to give Brandon a little push too at the limit of his reach. ‘We did it, we saved him! Did you see that? We saved him!’

Stu giggled madly at his friends and shot up and dusted his pants. He kicked a heap of sand to the side of Oliver and said, ‘Come on then, what are you waiting for?’

It was time for lunch. The drizzle was clearing, and the sun burning away patches of the grey sky to cast a dappled light. They were heading back to the street, back to the spot where Stu left his backpack. Stu also needed to freshen up. He was tired and he had sand in his shoes and in his hair and ears. He tried to get the sand out of his ears but only managed to clog it further so that he couldn't really hear what his friends were saying. Along the way he was texting his Dad to tell him about the whale. But his Dad kept asking him not to move the whale, and Stu tried endlessly to explain that the whale was already in the water -- to no avail. Looking up from his phone, the sight of the other kids setting up picnics along the beach made him hungry. After all that energy spent falling over a dozen times trying to push the creature, he was famished and his tummy rumbled. He and his friends deserved a proper feast!

Stu wasn’t called a food bank for nothing. In his backpack was an all-you-can-eat buffet that he was more than willing to share with his new friends. ‘I’ve got sandwiches, and crisps. I mean chips. And biscuits. . . I mean cookies. And yoghurts and jelly. . . I mean Jell-O.‘ So the list went on and on. ‘And juices. And the KitKats I owe you, Brandon. And the M&Ms too. I didn't forget. I’ve got them all. And--’

The boy suddenly went quiet. They'd reached the top and the bag wasn’t there. The joy was sucked out of him like Princess Leia into the vacuum of space.

Someone... someone had stolen their lunch... And all his KitKats!!!

Chimney Swift Chimney Swift Twin Fantasy Twin Fantasy ArcherVarenne ArcherVarenne

tumblr_inline_ox3868oCRK1t80jpm_400.gif

Storms always brought a strange sense of comfort to Tallulah Woods, even the really terrible ones. There was something about the sound of wind howling and rain battering the windows that was calming to her. The rolling thunder's melancholic lullaby was far greater than anything Mrs. Woods ever provided. While most people found inclement weather to cast shades of grey over the world, Lulu's mind saw more sepia than anything else. Having lived in Parish Point all her life the rain was something she was used to. It brought along a soft nostalgia with a hint of beauty. Plus she had to admit the petrichor was poetically intoxicating.

Raging storms also had many photograph opportunities, and while she wouldn't go outside to try and capture the majesty of nature's fury, she would gladly sit at her bay window nook with a cup of tea and use her lightning trigger. That was exactly what she had done last night; in fact she had spent so long at the window that she had barely got any sleep. When she had finally drifted off she was still leaning against the glass of the window, so a restful sleep wasn't really achieved. The next morning despite how tired she may have been, she was called to action to help clean up the beach, and received surprising instructions from her mother.

Lulu's mother instructed her to bring her camera, which was atypical of her. While Mrs. Woods fully encouraged her daughter to develop her skills as a photographer, she really preferred it to be done in a studio. She found her daughter's penchant to bring a camera everywhere to be a cumbersome nuisance. But in this particular instance it could be a benefit. If Lulu were to get quality pictures of the beach clean up, they could get them to the mayor. The mayor, wanting to look good could then get the pictures in the newspaper, and the newspaper meant publicity for Lulu. While Amalia Woods was no politician she could scheme and be just as cutthroat as one.

With her mother's odd encouragement behind her Lulu headed off to the beach. On her way over she heard over twitter that there was a beached whale. While she wanted to help it she wasn't sure exactly how she personally could be of any help. She wasn't exactly strong, and even pushing with a group she wouldn't be very helpful with her...gait. Just the thought made her slightly self conscious and stop in her tracks. She looked down at her knees while clutching tightly to her camera. Suddenly she didn't feel so well. Lulu closed her eyes for a moment and took some steadying breaths. It was fine, nobody was focused on her, everyone was focused on the whale. She pushed forward and made her way over to where the whale was beginning to be pushed back to the water.

Ever the photographer, Lulu immediately began documenting the process. If she couldn't help the whale, she'd at least make sure that those that did got the recognition they deserved. While she wasn't as good at action shots they were decent enough that one could tell what was happening and who was doing what. A small smile graced her lips once the other kids had successfully returned the mammal to it's home. They all seemed to be celebrating, and rightly so. It was a good thing they had done and she was proud of her classmates. Lulu made her way to a log of driftwood under a tree to look at the pictures she had taken, realizing these were probably the best pictures of a whale she had ever taken. She had been on plenty of whale watching trips but had never really been able to get good shots, these were up close and clear though. She tutted approvingly as a cool breeze tugged at the bottom of her sundress. Looking up she scanned the beach, looking for more opportunities. People were milling about, helping to clean up, some were eating. It seemed that most of the pictures she could get she would have to ask someone for permission first and that thought terrified her. Lulu didn't really do well with talking to strangers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back