• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Kids Aren't Alright | Main

Characters
Here
Other
Here
MOOD: Relatively chill

basics
MENTIONS:

INT:

Stu Dede Dede

tags
TL;DR A relatively non-terrifying search for a missing bag.
tl;dr
Oliver Dreyfuss
How lonely it is, to be drowning in a place where everyone can swim

Hunting through the beach with Stu on a quest for a lost backpack was a much better way to spend a Saturday than being at home. Anything was better than being at home. Besides, Oliver felt safe with Stu. Even if he had… unfortunate associations with this particular beach now.

The last time he was here, it was noisy and crowded and full of drunk people, and he got attacked by a hermit crab and he panicked and threw it into another kid's eye by accident, and then he got cursed out by a drunk blonde, and the last thing he remembered that night was Ryan's fist choking his collar, flashing his knife out of his pocket…

But Stu was with him through it all. Stu, the first person to ever treat him like a normal kid. Oliver didn't know how mutual that sentiment was. In two week's time, they seemed as though they'd been friends for a lifetime. Stu listened to Oliver's passionate sea turtle screeds, and in turn Oliver was fascinated by Stu's extensive knowledge of Minecraft and murderous school janitors.

Though Oliver seemed to be doing much better in the two weeks since the incident, he still held himself at a defensive stance, breathing shallowly and moving cautiously so as not to damage his slowly healing ribs. His perpetually startled dark eyes scanned the beach's expanse with nervous attention, watching for the slightest shift in the sand that could indicate a rogue arthropod.

But if Ryan came back for revenge, Oliver was ready to defend Stu with the deadly force of a small folding knife. An axe wielding giant by the name of Sawyer Andrews had graciously replaced Oliver's knife, but he was still getting used to the feel of it. Oliver took a long time to acclimate to new things. Eventually he'd weave them into his small net of safe and familiar sensations, but for a while it was nerve-wracking to have a different object in his knife pocket.

"I agree," Oliver quietly concurred as Stu recommended avoiding the Sleeping Hedgehog. The last time they were at the cafe together, they got backed into a financial corner and were forced to make a run for it, which resulted in a catastrophic situation that ended with church robbery and the loss of Oliver's knife (it makes sense in context. Really.) "I… there are some uh, th- I mean people that-- n-never mind." Oliver's voice cracked and his next attempt at a sentence was a barely audible groan.

Noticing he'd started biting his fingertips again, he flinched back and redirected his hand to the side of his head, flicking the side of his forehead in a quick and anxious rhythm. "Th- the wall. Yes. Defensive structures are… essential." The conversation had thankfully veered back into the subject of their Minecraft project. "We can look for nesting sites. Our beach is rare… only 1 to 20 per-- I mean 22 percent of known sea turtle nesting sites receive more than 1,000 crawls per year, d-depending on species. I estimate we'll have more than that. But our turtles only lay 1-4 eggs per clutch. But- but actually, that's okay because the infant survival rates are exponentially higher." Oliver's tone sparked back to life, some clarity returning to his stammered, breathless and too-quiet words. "Also, Minecraft turtle reproduction is so, so very predictable. It's amazing. Our species is… phenomenal." Oliver hadn't even noticed that his gaze had drifted off to the calm waves rippling over the shore, paying no mind to the threat of death or wandering crabs.

Stu had a way of easing the grip of terror off of Oliver.
It was remarkable, really.

code by valen t.

Last edited:
MOOD: happy to see her friend

OUTFIT: outfit

basics
MENTIONS:
KingofAesir KingofAesir (Sawyer)

INT:
Chimney Swift Chimney Swift (Max)
tags
TL;DR questioning max's attire
tl;dr
Harper Anderson
when you wear a mask for so long, you forget who is behind it.

Harper had been enthralled within the beat of the music coming through the speakers of her car, windows rolled down ever so slightly, getting the fresh sent of fall coming through the windows. The cooler weather was never Harper’s favorite, it meant that winter was coming, and that surf season was officially over. Out on the ocean, she always felt at peace out on the water. The presence of the water, gently moving the board underneath her.

But-

It was more than that, the ocean was one of the few connections she had left from her mother. She rested her hand over the necklace that laid on her neck. Grasping the ring within her fist as she looked out the window to see Max approaching.

Her expression changed; a placid smile grew on her lips. ‘Max!’ she signed as he opened the car door and climbed in. She sat up in her own seat, quickly unbuckling and throwing her arms around his neck. She missed him; she had gotten to see Sawyer at school. But otherwise, she had been rather isolated from others.

Harper released Max from her grasp leaning back against the side of her door, looking Max over, something was different. He looked… She didn’t know how to describe it, just different. ‘Nothing much.’ She waved the question off. ‘Just, you know... Recovery and that stuff.’

‘How have you been?’
She raised a questioning eyebrow as she realized the jacket, he was wearing wasn’t apart of his normal wear… ‘Who’s jacket?’ She furrowed her eyebrows together, reaching across the car to tug on the collar.

‘When did you get that?’
code by valen t.

MOOD: ???

basics
MENTIONS:
Zach lion. lion.

INT:
Harper Dazzle Dazzle

--------don't type anything after this comment--------

[/COMMENT]
tags
TL;DR
Max and Harper reunite after 10 days of recovery from Hawking House trauma.
tl;dr
Max Berkowitz

Fearing that somehow the worst part of me was actually all of me

Harper pulled him into a friendly embrace, and Max almost seemed to stiffen away from it before returning the hug with careful attention to the moment as if he'd never hold someone again. His hand rested lightly on her opposite shoulder, arm folded softly around her back until they both drew back to their own circles of space.
Max was a hugger. Always had been. For the longest time, when he finally found friends in his new town of Parish Point, he was the type to throw his arms around them as a greeting, as a comfort, just to have someone close. Nowadays, he didn't trust that he had earned that closeness. He wouldn't touch anyone unless they came to him first. Not even his closest friends-- hell, not even family. He'd become too awkward over the years to be that forward.

Harper didn't seem to be too suspicious of his long and unexplained absence. She didn't mention it, nor did she touch on her time in the hospital for too long. Max knew, though, that she was more shaken by that then she'd let on. Harper couldn't even look at hospitals half of the time. So maybe, hypothetically, if she was angry at him for dropping off the face of the earth for ten days, she wouldn't mention that either.
He bit down on the first threads of a paranoid thought spiral before it could start.
She wanted to spend time, like always. That was enough. That was all that mattered to him. Whatever she thought or didn't think, she still wanted to be his friend, which was more than he could ever ask for from anyone. He shrugged, nodding at her response, not wanting to push her into talking about things she wasn't ready to address.

Her next comment, though, had the same sudden shock as if he'd had ice water poured down his back. Her hand reached back out to him, gently tugging at the collar of Zach's jacket.
"Whose jacket?"
Oy. Oy, vey. Why did he think she wouldn't notice? This clearly wasn't something from his own wardrobe. Max's clothes weren't this... stylish. She'd known him for years; of course Harper would see that.
Max flinched at the question, sharp blue eyes blinking shut for a moment before shifting slowly to the side. "Zach's." His hand swiveled through the name as if it hurt his wrist to do so. He fished his brain for the closest semblance of a passable excuse. "I've been keeping it on hand so I can return it whenever he's ready to be within 10 feet of me." a smile formed that was less sarcastic than he intended it to look. "I'm not holding my breath."

Okay, that wasn't the best excuse. It was still pretty weird. The rest of the drive went without conversation (it wasn't like Harper could turn 90 degrees to face him or take her hands off the wheel,) but by the time they slowed to a stop at the edge of the beach, Max was almost shaken by the solitude of the moment. Again, he was deeply conscious and aware of every little thing that put space between their worlds.
He was willing to bet on the hope that she didn't mind. He certainly didn't mind.
Any minute he got to spend with Harper was a privilege he didn't think he could ever fully express to her.

Before he moved to open his door and climb out of the car, he turned around in his seat and gave her shoulder a gentle nudge. "Thanks for doing this. I haven't been back here since... that." He laughed awkwardly, rubbing the back of his head for a second. The beach party was not his proudest moment, but there was something a little funny about getting really drunk by accident. What happened after that was... less funny, but Harper didn't need to know that was why he wound up locked to a door in a failed attempt to stick it to the mayor. Even that was a little less painful now that worse things had happened since then.

Okay, maybe it wasn't the brightest thought that he was only healing from previous low points by the fact that now he'd sunk even lower.
code by valen t.

MOOD: questioning her choices

basics
MENTIONS:
lion. lion. (Zach)

INT:
tags
TL;DR questioning max's attire
tl;dr
Harper Anderson

Harper let out a small chuckle, ‘funny.’ She shook her head, ‘you reconsidering that threesome now?’ She pressed her lips together raising her eyebrows. ‘or was the me part the problem.’ Harper wiggled her eyebrows suggestively. ‘I’m sorry.’ She laughed a bit harder. ‘I know you don’t like that joke.’

‘Either way, you look good in it.’
She reached behind her, crossing her seatbelt across her body once more. ‘Let’s get going. The beach is calling my name.’ She placed the car back in drive, and drove the short distance to the beach.

The quiet drive never bothered her, she never felt like Max judged her. He was always there for her, through anything. He followed her into that stupid house, it was all her idea. She had even brought it up to Sawyer first. The first thing out of her mouth was what’s the plan. She knew that. Harper put everyone in danger. It was a wonder that she was the only one who was seriously hurt.

They brought a freaking kid in there.

Relief waved over her as she pulled into the parking lot of the beach. The place was always full of serenity for her. She loved the off-season time just because less people were around. She loved the quiet, listening to the waves crash on the shores. She could spend an eternity there.

She went to get out of her car when Max stopped her. ‘Doing what?’ She smiled innocently. ‘oh- I’m sure everyone’s forgotten about that.’ She waved Max’s concerns off. She had forgotten all about his first time being drunk. Another thing she was to blame for.

The beach was her place, she hadn’t even thought about the memories it would bring back for Max. She was being selfish. She wanted to go to her safe place, her home away from home. She walked silently across the beach to the jetties. She climbed up onto the rocks sitting down facing the ocean. “I’m sorry Max.” She whispered before signing the exact same thing again.

‘It’s my fault you got drunk. It’s my fault you came to the hawking house.’

‘God what was I thinking.’
She threw her hands down in front of her aggressively running a hand through her hair.
code by valen t.

MOOD: Guilty

basics
MENTIONS:

INT:

Harper Dazzle Dazzle

[/COMMENT]
tags
TL;DR
Max takes blame for a bunch of shit.
tl;dr
Max Berkowitz

"Sorry!? No. No. No, no, no." His fingers snapped back at Harper's attempt to take the blame, his expression turning to an almost desperate stare. "My fault. All of it." He didn't directly address the drinking incident. He knew why Harper blamed herself for that one, but... he could've noticed too, and Harper had no way of knowing that one and a half cups of cider would hit him like a sledgehammer. She didn't know it was his first time, or that he forgot to eat for the entire day. Really it was no one's fault, but if it had to be someone's then it was his.

The Hawking House? That was a graver matter.

"I knew the house was dangerous." He slowed his pace, seeing himself start to trip over the motions of his own words. "When it was just you and Sawyer in there-- before any of us knew about the cats, I knew the house wasn't safe. I could've said something. I didn't. That's on me." He drew in a hollow breath. "I knew. I should've said no. I should've had someone call the cops. I... I let that happen. I knew Sawyer would want to make an adventure out of it, and..." He stopped mid-word, twisting his hand back and clenching his teeth, trying and failing to bring himself down from the brink of losing his hold on his emotions. "Isa was right. And Kat-- I just wanted to make it about me. I thought I had to... I thought you needed me to...I just didn't want to watch people get hurt and know I didn't do anything about it." He lowered his eyes to let her know he'd ended the thought. Ended talking about the thought, anyway.

He never thought he was a hero. He never thought people needed him. He just desperately wanted to take on everyone's problems because he didn't know how else to show he cared.
But he couldn’t even handle his own problems. He made everything worse, and he knew that. That was the worst kind of selfishness. Sabotaging other people's affairs just to fill some kind of void he couldn't explain.

"But it's over, right? We're safe." It wasn't over. He knew that, too. He just wanted to push it away, drown himself in it on his own time. "And... it's nice to be back here. See it again while it's quiet. Oy, I used to spend so much more time out here." He risked inching a little closer to Harper, closing the gap between them. From back on the rocks, the shore looked so much more open and calm. The sun had come out, and this was the first time in days he'd been out under it, watching it hit the water in sparkling ripples. The few people wandering the sand looked far away and small enough to cover in the palm of his hand.
The separation of distance made everything look safe.

code by valen t.

MOOD: Vibin, keeping it tight.

basics
MENTIONS:
@Dazzle

INT:
@Dazzle
tags
TL;DR: Michael wakes up in the morning, heads to the beach, and then meets Hayden at Spooning.
tl;dr
Michael Gray
So...a cat with a human face or a dog with human hands?
Michael's eyes snapped open at the sound of the ear-splitting shriek of his phone's alarm. He hated that noise. It was loud, and it gave him anxiety whenever it went off. But it was effective and the last thing Michael wanted was to oversleep. Reluctantly, Michael kicked off the covers and, with a long sigh, sat upright in his bed. He gave his phone a firm tap to shut that godforsaken alarm off and got out of bed. He shivered in the cold air and shuffled across the carpeted floor to his dresser. After quickly slipping into a pair of worn jeans and a Star Wars t-shirt, Michael unplugged his phone from its charger and slipped it into his front pocket before stuffing a binder and a few notebooks into his black JanSport, which lay at the foot of his bed. He did not want to be reminded of school on a weekend.

He took a second to scan around his room, making sure he didn't forget to grab anything. He was going to hang out with Hayden later but first, he wanted to head to the beach and practice the guitar for a little bit. But, even if he was missing something, it's not like he would be able to tell. Most of his things were in piles on his dresser and desk. Comics, clothes, textbooks, and sheet music were all scattered about in random heaps. Framed posters for Star Wars and Marvel movies hung neatly on the walls while some of Josie's drawings were pinned wherever they fit. His guitar, a black and blue dreadnought, sat against the wall opposite to his bed, next to its case and various handwritten notes. Michael quickly grabbed a pen from his desk and wrote himself a reminder to clean his room on the palm of his left hand. It was the first of many for today.

After that, Michael finished getting ready and packed up his guitar before scurrying downstairs and into his kitchen. As usual, he was the first one to wake up. Although, he didn't expect his brother to wake up at six in the morning on a Saturday and his mom usually slept in on the weekends too, but Michael was an early-riser. He enjoyed the peace and quiet.

Michael planned out his day as he browsed his kitchen for breakfast, jotting down a quick list of abstract words and phrases on his wrist to remind him of things to do, such as "comics" and "candy for Josie?" If there was one thing Michael loved more than solitude, it was making lists. He scribbled down all kinds of lists, usually reminders, on his arms and loose papers throughout any given day. His mom always said he got that from his father.

Michael chose to skip breakfast after searching for almost ten minutes and decided to just pour himself some orange juice before leaving. He grabbed the bottle and unscrewed the cap before turning to grab a glass; however, he didn't let go of the orange juice completely and ended up shoving it as he turned on his heel. Juice spilled from the bottle like an orange, pulpy waterfall and formed a puddle on the hardwood. Michael reflexively jumped back to avoid the mess and watched with drowsy horror as the orange juice continued to flow. He bit his right thumb for a moment as he watched, "Fuck me." He groaned before grabbing the now half-empty orange juice and setting it down upright, doing his best to keep away from the spill. Michael grabbed two handfuls of paper towels and, after several sticky minutes of cleaning, decided it was good enough. It wasn't like he was going to be here when his mom found out anyways.

Now somewhat dejected, Michael took in a long breath before letting out an equally long sigh. This was an exceptionally bad start to his day and he was beginning to rethink his day. But the thought of disappointing Hayden if he canceled their plans kept him from crawling back into his room and booting up Skyrim.

It had been a long time since the two had seen each other. Michael assumed Hayden was a lot busier now that the football season was shifting into high gear, so he didn't pester Hayden whenever he felt lonely. Instead, he drowned it out with video games and comics. How healthy.

He threw the remaining orange juice back into the fridge and walked towards the door. Swinging it open, Michael called out, "Mom! I'm leaving!" He didn't receive, nor did he expect, a response, so he stepped through the threshold and locked the door behind him. Michael's car, a bright red Camry, was parked on the curb right in front of his house and he hopped inside, tossing his guitar into the backseat, before plugging the aux cord into his phone and blasting classic rock as loud as his speakers could handle. Then, he pulled away from the curb and began heading towards the beach.

Michael liked to spend a few hours each week at the beach, usually on weekends like this one. It was a great time for him to relax and forget about the struggles of making and maintaining friendships, the stress of preserving his good grades, and the exhaustion of working part-time. Oftentimes, he'd bring his guitar and a speaker so he could play along to the few songs he's memorized or practice new ones.

Once he arrived at the beautiful Parish Point beach, Michael grabbed his stuff and set himself up in a secluded area a short distance from the water. He didn't have much, just his guitar, a speaker, and a chair to sit in while he watched the waves crash against the shore in a rhythmic pattern, almost like they were following the tempo he was playing at. Or maybe he was playing to the soft beat of the ocean.

Michael loved a lot of things about the beach. It reminded him of the days when his family was whole and they would make trips to the beach every couple of weeks. And the warm sand beneath his feet was a nice change from the cold, autumn air. Even the sound of seabirds squawking was soothing to Michael. But what he really loved about the beach was the sun. It always seemed to be shining down, not too much and not too little. It was so bright and always made him feel better, even if he wasn't upset. And it was always there for him when he needed it. Michael loved so much about the sun, how could he list everything?

Absentmindedly, Michael began strumming along to the Taylor Swift song that quietly played from his speaker. He'd been practicing it for almost two weeks now but it still wasn't good enough. He wanted to be able to play it perfectly.

Several hours passed before Michael received a text from Hayden. He was so entranced, he didn't even notice that almost six hours had passed since he arrived. In fact, if it weren't for Hayden's text, Michael probably would've forgotten about their meetup at Spooning entirely. With a groan, Michael jumped out of his chair and cracked his back before packing up his stuff and strolling back to his car. He saw more and more people were starting to show up, which meant it was time for him to leave anyway.

Michael stuffed all of his things into the trunk of his car before deciding to just walk to the ice cream shop. It wasn't that far away and Michael wanted to stretch his legs after sitting still for literally five hours. He sent Hayden a quick text to let him know that he was on his way over before leaving.

While he walked, Michael jotted down a few more things onto the back of his left hand, mostly random ideas for dungeons and dragons. By now, his entire left arm, from elbow to palm, was covered in notes, reminders, and other random scribbles. He arrived at the ice cream shop, which was still closed, and awkwardly stood in front of it for a minute, scanning the area for the bench that Hayden was supposedly sitting on. Rubbing the back of his neck with one hand, Michael texted Hayden again, telling him he was in front of the store. Maybe his mom was right about him needing glasses.

code by valen t.

MOOD: questioning her choices

basics
MENTIONS:

INT:
tags
TL;DR coming to terms with everything they've experienced
tl;dr
Harper Anderson

‘We can’t go in circles like this.’ Harper sighed her shoulders drooping forward as she wrapped her arms around her knees pulling them tightly into her chest. She tucked her chin into the crook of her knees taking in a deep salty breath of air.

She turned her head back to face Max who sat beside her. He was right.

They all knew what they were getting into. They all knew it was dangerous, even if the cops did nothing in this town… They still should have done the right thing, and told the adults. Harper didn’t know how to ask for help. She was so used to being the ‘mom’ of the group, looking out for everyone. She thought that she could handle it, it wouldn’t be any different than any other adventure that Sawyer had taken her on.

‘You didn’t let anything happen.’ Harper turned her head to face Max as she signed towards him. ‘We all made mistakes I guess; we can agree to that.’

Harper didn’t know what to think about Kat, or Isa. She had noticed that a lot had been getting to Max lately, though she had no idea how to fix it. She wanted him to be happy she didn’t want him to be constantly in a battle with someone… ‘Max…’ That was all she could say. He dropped his expression and Harper knew that he didn’t want to press on the matter.

‘It was two weeks ago. We’re all okay.’

‘—Though, I wish you could make up with Sawyer… I do agree though, no more trips into run down buildings for a while… if ever.’

Harper leaned her head against Max’s shoulder taking in a deep breath. ‘we’re okay.’ She repeated the words out loud to herself, like she was trying to convince herself.

Lifting her head back off of his shoulder, not wanting to make him uncomfortable, she took a deep breath into her chest stretching out her back. ‘Yea I like it better this way.’ She smiled brightly, tucking a loose strand of hair behind her ear before leaning back.

Harper’ gently laid herself back against the cold rocks of the jetty, audibly sighing as she took in the grey blue sky above their heads. Her knees stayed bent as she pointed her toes in towards each other. There was something about lying on a beach at the end of September that just couldn’t be replaced.

Rolling her head to the side, she saw that Max had turned his body to face her. ‘I love the quiet, I could spend the entire day here…’
code by valen t.

MOOD: Wistful

basics
MENTIONS:
Sawyer KingofAesir KingofAesir

INT:
Harper Dazzle Dazzle

[/COMMENT]
tags
TL;DR
Things slow down for a bit.
tl;dr
Max Berkowitz

Harper saying they all had a hand in the disaster was a tough pill for Max to swallow. It was much easier for him to take the weight of the blame into his own arms. Even getting left behind in the collapsed building, he had tricked himself deep into believing it was somehow an expression of rejection by the group. Ten days of silence had given him too much time to dwell and wallow in his own mix of thought and fear and delusion until he'd created a dark parody of actuality that he had latched onto as the truth.

Harper wanted him to clear the air with Sawyer, who he hadn't spoken to since before they entered the house. At the foot of the staircase, axe in hand leading the group up to the perilous second floor. That was the last he saw of her. Sawyer... he loved her. Really; she was one of his first friends after Harper. Because of Harper, really. Come to think of it, he knew just about everyone because of Harper. His whole social circle hung between her and Isa, the only two he could fully understand.
That was how fragile his social life was.

He didn't know how to talk to Sawyer after everything that had gone down. Her, and Zach... he didn't know when he'd be ready to face them. Maybe they didn't want to talk. Maybe they were done with him. Maybe they really did leave him behind in the hopes that it would be the last they saw of him.

What made you think they wanted you around?
They never asked you to be there, did they?
They don't want to talk to you.

He shook his head to clear his thoughts and shrugged back at Harper. Not dismissively, just as an expression of having nothing to say. Nothing to add. Harper had said her piece and he had no words for it. He just took it in.

"It was two weeks ago. We’re all okay." There it was again. His line. It seemed it had become everyone's schtick. Who did he even pick that up from? Maybe it was Harper, or Isa, or one of his parents.
Everyone was okay. Fine. Alright. Good.
Max, though his face betrayed reluctance, echoed the sentiment. "Right. It's fine." The feeling of his thumb lightly impacting the space under his collarbone had become so familiar that half the time he said it before he even thought it. Before he could put on an imitation of nonchalance. Typical in ASL: his face said more than his hands did.

"We're okay," took shape on Harper's lips as she leaned left to rest her head on his shoulder. Her hair fell in soft, dark waves over Zach's jacket, and it took every ounce of resistance in Max not to run his hand over them. There was a long, drawn out stillness. Max, not knowing what to feel or how to feel it, let his eyes fall closed and his hands fall to his sides. Just the weight of Harper's head over his arm, and the slow salty wind off the ocean, the sun softly glowing through his eyelids.

Max would have stopped time right there and stayed in that one moment forever.

But like everything before it, it passed. He gave his attention back to her, watching her lie back against the rocks to watch the sky. He stayed upright and turned towards her, just in case she had something to say, so he wouldn't miss it. Though he was drained of the spirit he had ten days ago, dim and fatigued like a dwindling candle, he still couldn't help but hang on her every word. That much was the same.

"I love the quiet, I could spend the entire day here…"

"...Can we?" His tired, lopsided smile seemed to beg her to pass it off as a joke.

code by valen t.

Katherine Navarro
“Tell all the truth but tell it slant.”

@Princess.Navarro has set their status to:
Study Date, anyone?

@Princess.Navarro has set their outfit to:
Cold & Cozy-ish

@Princess.Navarro has interacted with:
Lemon

@Princess.Navarro has mentioned:
Oliver

@Princess.Navarro has tagged:
Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler Chimney Swift Chimney Swift

Katherine looked down onto her phone, brows furrowed— clearly deep in thought at the messages a smart— but overly dumb boy had sent her. But he wasn’t just any boy. The child was friends with Kat’s newest infatuation. The innocent, pure-hearted, uncorrupted, Lemon Pierce.

You see, her interest was piqued merely from one conversation they had on twitter, however, ask her to recite it right now... she wouldn’t be able to. They’ve had far too many conversations that it just isn’t possible. The pair messaged back and forth as if it was their only way of communicating,

Katherine… was an old soul. She didn’t see the point of texting somebody all hours into the night, or to simply ask them why they tweeted a certain something. It was ridiculous.

The blonde was ridiculous, of course— not Katherine. She was… childish, irritating, and all around, difficult. It was as if Kat was the only person who got the side of her that wasn’t afraid to voice her thoughts. And as interesting as that was, it had only ate at her more.

Why?

It was the million dollar question.

But for now, it was put aside by the information she just found out due to a rambling, insecure, and annoying child.

Apparently, Lemon didn’t exactly enjoy Katherine’s choice of ‘friends.’ Besides Heather, Kat would agree that her taste in… friends weren’t the absolute greatest. The brunette is many things, but blind isn’t one of them.

Well, technically, she was.

But nobody liked technicalities.

The brunette stepped out of the car, waving the driver off and smoothing out her outfit as her gaze fell upon the place.

‘Spooning.’

How… quaint.

She agreed to tutor Lemon weeks ago, to be fair— she’d been quite busy with running a whole cheer team, building them from the ground up wasn’t exactly a simple task.

But it was fine.

Katherine’s always up for a challenge.

Which reminded her why she offered the tutoring session in the first place. It was more than just her curiosity piqued. She couldn’t scare her off too soon, though. Katherine had to be subtle.

Heels clicked against the concrete, announcing her arrival on it’s own. Before a grin spread across her lips. “Hey, angel.” She cooed.

At first, their plans were to be made at Lemon’s house, but somehow, someway, Katherine found herself listening to the little blonde’s silent pleads and pouts

Katherine was cruel from time to time, but even she couldn’t kick a puppy.

Lemon hadn’t gone into the building yet, she had said she was trying to be... ‘polite’ was it? Either way, the statement had brought an amused smile to her face.

“I see you keep to your word, I’m surprised you had the ability to contain your excitement— or could it be you’re just excited to get me all to yourself?”

She’ll be subtle later. Nothing wrong with a little bit of fun, no?
º º code by ditto º º

Lemon Pierce

Lemon had her nose in her phone as she waited for Kat, sure Lemon could have gone in but then what if Kat couldn’t find her in the parlor? What if everyone looked at her funny for taking a bigger table? But really, she was more concerned for Kat because she hated having to look for people in a building when waiting outside was easier. Lemon hadn’t actually spoke to Kat yet well not in person at least, but she recognized her voice from around school. Two weeks was quite a bit of time and Lemon, well Lemon somehow blended in well so she had managed to hear Kat’s voice a couple of times as she walked by the girls lockers, or walked passed the field when cheer practices were happening, but the way she recognized the voice didn’t matter. She turned to face the brunette and it was daunting. Lemon felt minute compared to the girl. Why did she have to wear heels? Lemon had dressed in jeans a shirt, a sweater with some white sneakers. Kat had dressed as if she was going to somewhere that wasn’t an ice cream shop.

As Kat spoke to her Lemon had to wrap her mind around the words, “I, um, yeah.” Lemon was struggling, “No, not the having you. I mean.” Kat was staring at her and Lemon had no confidence with Kat while in person, “Let’s just go inside.” Lemon was already embarrassing herself. Why was talking so hard? It wasn’t like she had to be nervous, Kat was just a friend helping her with physics and there was nothing to be gained besides maybe some new physics knowledge. It wasn’t as if Lemon needed to stumble over her words and feel like she was dumb.

As she pushed through the door, trying to avoid looking at Kat who she knew probably had a smirk on her face from Lemon’s complete moment of having her mind freeze for words. She had picked one of the larger tables and set her bag down, “I’m uh going to go get a scoop.” She didn’t ask Kat if she wanted one as she dug through her bag for her wallet. As she moved books out of her bag along with pens, pencils, and highlighters she finally found her wallet which had lemons all around the outside. A present. Through tout her life she had always owned multiple items with lemons all around. It was the only thing her family would send her and so she started using the items.

She looked back towards Kat, “Do you want one?” her head titled ever so slightly at the girl. Sure, she was watching her figure but why come to an ice cream shop and not get ice cream?

Mention(s): Interaction(s): Soap Soap

Katherine Navarro
“Tell all the truth but tell it slant.”

@Princess.Navarro has set their status to:
Study Date, anyone?

@Princess.Navarro has set their outfit to:
Cold & Cozy-ish

@Princess.Navarro has interacted with:
Lemon

@Princess.Navarro has mentioned:
N/A

@Princess.Navarro has tagged:
Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler

Would it be too much for Katherine to say she’d been looking forward to this? There were only so many glances and lingering gazes she’d be able to steal at school. She cocked an eyebrow, watching the blonde stumble over her words as a wolfish grin play onto the edge of her lips. Lemon suggested that they’d go inside and Kat gestures towards the door. As the pair walked in, there was almost an sickenly sweet scent in the air— and no, it wasn’t Lemon. The smell reminded her of simpler times, before they’d shut down, this place used to be popular a few years back, and in those few years— Katherine was a frequent customer, with Matt and Astraea of course. She didn’t come alone. That’d be a whole new level of pathetic.

Katherine laid her own bag against the chair as Lemon was already getting herself ready for as much sugar as she could handle— granted, it was only a scoop, but the girl seemed overly energetic as it was. She wondered if sugar would make a difference or if the girl was naturally this… peppy.

That’s not to say it was a bad thing necessarily, it was refreshing— Lemon had pulled the southern belle thing off well.

It was just almost sad how naivety followed girls like that.

Her gaze fell to the wallet she pulled out of her bag, and it took every ounce of her being not to roll her eyes at the theme of it. “Cute.” Katherine tilted her head, gesturing towards it before she pulled out her phone— one of those things that carried cards, money, IDs, etc. Her father, while not an ‘inventor’ went on and on about how he had this idea for years and just never brought it to fruition. It was humorous how he believed that he was capable of anything more than managing a few companies.

Kat didn’t say anything when Lemon had asked, instead walking with her towards the line and allowing herself to glance at all the flavors in the window, reminiscing on worse times, the sight of ice cream had only made her stomach turn, and her gaze lingered onto the many upon many toppings the store prided themselves on.

“Hi! Can I help you?” An older man came down to their spot, awaiting their order— he was familiar, and it didn’t take too long before Katherine realized it was the owner. He was always old-ish, looking, but now his peppered hair has fully gone gray, and his eyes were glistening with age.

Before Lemon had time to put in her order, Katherine held out her card for the man to take. “Whatever she wants.” The man took the card with a smile and a nod, before glancing down at the name and clear surprise was written all over his face and he glanced up at the brunette again.

“Katty! Wow! … I can’t believe it’s you. You… changed so much.”

She didn’t say anything.

Instead, she averted her gaze and gestured towards the freezer to move things along.

“Mm. Age typically changes people— Butter Pecan, right?” Katherine looked over to Lemon for confirmation and the older man had started preparing their order.

“And you?”

“Nothing for me. Thank you.”

As much as Katherine believed it was considered rude to allow someone to eat alone, she just… didn’t care all too much about manners at the moment.

He handed Lemon the ice cream with the widest smile she’s ever seen, he was genuinely one of those people who lived for other people’s happiness.

It was sad, really.

He slid the card and the machine created a slight buzzing sound, confusion wrinkled between his eyebrows as he tried again before looking up towards Katherine and handing her the card.

“It was declined.”

What?

That was impossible.

Unless her father decided to freeze her account over the whole Ryker incident those few weeks ago, but even then— it just wasn’t adding up.

Katherine placed a gentle hand over Lemon’s arm, indicating her not to reach for her wallet. “That doesn’t make any sense, try it again?” His gaze flipped from Lemon to Katherine, and he held up his index finger.

“Don’t worry about it. One moment.”

He disappeared for a few seconds and returned with a cup of two scoops— she knew the order fairly well, and Katherine wanted nothing more than to forget it.

“Cotton candy, two scoops, gummy bears and oreo shavings. It’s on the house— for being my best supporter back in the day.”

It was a nice gesture.

She just wished he hadn’t done it.

“... Right. Thank you.”

If anything, it’d left a heavy amount of embarrassment and in this moment, Katherine wanted nothing more than to throw away this pink little cup and leave— but she couldn’t.

They made their way back to their table, and Katherine caught a glimpse of a book she knew far too well, a book that she suggested to Lemon of course, although, it wasn’t the most… innocent of novels and that alone was a big reason why she suggested it in the first place.

Katherine didn’t expect her to listen.

To be fair, she probably hasn’t even gotten to the part that’d probably make her blush harder than Katherine could’ve.

That is, unless—

No, subtle, Kat.

Subtle.

“I see you took my suggestion, get far yet?” She asked, twirling the spoon and burying the gummy bears underneath one of the scoops of ice cream.
º º code by ditto º º

Last edited:
MOOD: excited

OUTFIT: -

basics
MENTIONS:

INT:
Chimney Swift Chimney Swift Dede Dede
tags
TL;DR
tl;dr
Meera Desai
Be a little clumsy.

The game had begun. The skyline was just on the tips of her fingertips: a dulcet cotton candy blue with pink hand-pulled on the clouds. The ball, a spinning gardena pinwheel of colors, was headed straight towards the checkered net. Meera stood, knees corked with arms extended, the saliva thick on her tongue.

It’s coming. It’s coming. It’s coming.

Her shadowless sneakers dug into the almond sand, waiting to receive. The ball floated, and in the fill of the whites of her eyes, she saw her bronze cousins assemble in the back like tall date trees. Thereafter the strike of the ball landed, and her hands stung for a mere second.

“It’s in the air!” said Janvi, the shortest in the family. Regardless, she glowed with health and was a strapping young athlete.

Meera kookily grinned. The past two weeks have been by far the most boring. She had been cooped up in the wallows of her house, and at last, her cousins from Virginia decided to drop by. They rowed a trip to the beach, and were currently absorbed in warm autumn volleyball. With a spree, the ball raced towards Meera herding around the height of the net. It was anyone’s game; cover, hit, run!

Unfortunately, the rotation changed, and in the brand new morn stood her older cousin Zara. Possessing control was her forte, and she was quick. With a slam of a pocked purple-brown hand, the ball was rocketed for the sky. One of her cousins fell, skimming from a missed jump. Meera’s ropy legs took off with a sprite for the ball. Her heart thrummed with an Amazonian beat. And like that-with fierce dodging and avoidance of bystanders...

“Noooo!” The volleyball bounced to the ground. It had soared from the uniformed set of her cousin’s knuckles to the broad expanse of sand way behind her shoulders, where the wind picked it up and rolled it towards the ocean. The adrenaline that washed over her system like raging bolts of electricity blew out like a candle.

It pitted to a stop in front of two boys. Ostensibly, they were taller than her and had remarkable statues in the sunstroke. They were, however, short-sighted for they didn’t notice her right away. Everything was happening deliberately fast: her steps up to them, the sweat working up the sides of her coral oranging neck, and the moving clouds.

“Oh, hi there!” she said with a peppy start as she crouched to pick up the ball, “Ahem, hi to you guys..not to the ball. Well..”

She patted the ball in her hands thoughtfully, “The ball deserves a hi too..so does the sand, and the ocean, and look! The seagull too! But-”

“Wait!”

History had a way of repeating itself too often. The ocean tides rolling in revisited the memories of the night’s parties. She brushed back some hair, detracting her finger which had pointed to the circling bird in the sky back to the boy with light skinned and curly ginger brown hair.

“I know you!” She nodded to herself a little too fast, before letting her expand with air and volume when she declared, “I need to talk to you!” Her face knocked off to seriousness.

code by valen t.

MOOD: Feeling... Better.

OUTFIT: Outfit

basics
MENTIONS:
Soap Soap (Kat)
Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler (lemon)

INT:
Taco Taco (Michael)
tags
TL;DR ice cream
tl;dr
Hayden Anderson
you get what you give

Hayden felt his phone buzz in the front pocket of his jeans. He leaned backwards against the bench while rifling through his front pocket. Michael couldn’t find him? There was only one bench on the block, how hard could he be to find. Hayden looked up from his phone and across the way at the ice cream parlor, and who else would be standing right in front of him. No more than ten feet away? Why of course it was Michael. Dear god this kid was more oblivious than Hayden was. That was a hard feet to accomplish.

Hayden sighed shaking his head as he stood up from the bench and walked up behind Michael and just stared. How could Michael not know someone was standing right behind him. Hayden contemplated seeing how long he could stand there before Michael realized where he was.

Minutes went by and Hayden was becoming too familiar with the back of Michael’s head and realizing quickly that Michael wasn’t going to notice on his own. “Dude. You’re worse than me.”

As Michael jumped as he turned around. “I’ve been standing here for….” He rolled his eyes back as he thought about how long he had been standing there. “Forever.” A crooked smirk grew.

“Where were you anyways? It didn’t take you long to get here.”

Hayden began walking towards the doors of the establishment that he didn’t dare say the name of. Though, ice cream was too tempting of an offer to avoid. Plus as far as Hayden knew Lemon was there studying with Kat and that was just as tempting as the ice cream.

The doorbell jingled as the two boys walked through the door. “What are you going to get?” Hayden got in line as he looked over the heads of all the customers who had showed up for the grand re-opening. But, he was looking for a certain blonde that just didn’t seem to be there. Hayden wasn’t sure what he was hoping for, she was busy and he didn’t expect anything. He couldn’t expect anything.
code by valen t.

MOOD: Taken aback

basics
MENTIONS:

INT:

Stu Dede Dede
Meera lion. lion.

tags
TL;DR Meera appears after an alarming encounter with a volleyball.
tl;dr
Oliver Dreyfuss
How lonely it is, to be drowning in a place where everyone can swim

This was how every Saturday should be, Oliver thought. After Stu's bag was recovered, they should go on more strolls like this. He was used to wandering around alone, usually in the cemetery where loitering wasn't an issue, but having a friend made it seem less like a dead span of time and more like a small and gently-paced adventure.

The sun was in their eyes, hazy streaks of white light cutting through Oliver's field of vision. Stu was still chatting along, as always, but the taller of the two had zoned out a bit; lost in the senses of the moment: sand shifting under his feet and destabilizing his gait, the salty aroma of high tide, Stu bobbing along by his side and filling his ear with the sound of gleeful chatter that Oliver wasn't quite processing fast enough to understand.
Even a calm moment like this… to Oliver it was a bewildering whirl of stimuli, constantly in motion. Not stressful at all, at least not right now, but just overwhelming enough to make his brain work overtime to take everything in fast enough to react.

Like, for example, the large white volleyball that hurtled at them at top velocity, whacked Oliver's shin and ricocheted to sand right at their feet

"AaaAGH!!!"

Oliver stumbled back clutching his chest, choking on his breaths before quickly forcing himself to quiet down by holding back his next inhale and letting it out with a pained hiss through his teeth.

Oh no. No. No. This morning was not about to be wrecked by a stupid volleyball. It was startling, but it was over. It wasn't anything to be afraid of.
Nothing to be afraid of.
No need to be afraid.
None.
None at all.

Oliver was still hunched over, locked at the knees and wheezing slightly as his fingers raked up and down the sides of his head, when a girl followed the ball right to where he and Stu were stood.

The sun behind them blotted out most of her features, leaving her a small and rapidly moving silhouette of bouncy dark hair and excitable motions. As she spoke in rapid lilting tones and scooped up the ball, all Oliver could think was that she was standing way too close.

“Wait!”

Her voice suddenly raised in volumes, cutting straight through Oliver's eardrums and forcing his brain to stop tumbling around and pay attention.

"I know you!"

"No you don't." Oliver replied flatly, eyes cast to the ground and fingers still clawing one-by-one down his temples in a rapid syncopated pattern, wrists turning back as the last finger went down to repeat the motion. "No. No. Don't know you."

Oliver didn't actually get a clear enough look at the girl to wager whether he knew her or not. He was speaking less from reasonability and more from emotional outburst as the rest of his brain grinded its gears trying to catch up.

"I need to talk to you."
Oliver didn't know what to do about that at first. Usually, when people said they needed to talk, it was either a serious matter or a preamble to an aggressive act.
He swallowed hard and nodded, but didn't lift his gaze. His cyclical hand motion had slowed to a subtler pace, now more resembling tracing a scale down guitar strings.
"...Okay." His voice carried more stability than his fidgety mannerisms would imply that he had. "I can talk." He said this literally: not 'i can talk' as in having the time to talk, but 'i can talk' as in having the ability. That was not a given with Oliver.
Either way, settled or not, he was listening.

code by valen t.

Last edited:
MOOD: peaceful

basics
MENTIONS:
NA

INT:
tags
TL;DR enjoying the beach
tl;dr
Harper Anderson

Harper propped herself up on her left elbow as she signed to back to Max. ‘We will have to eat eventually.’ Harper was not one who could go without food for the entire day, how Max was able to skip eating, she would never be able to understand. ‘And the ocean is coming in, we won’t have much beach soon enough.’

‘But—’
A warm smile crossed her face. ‘Staying for a while does seem nice.’ Harper closed her eyes as she breathed in the salty air. Feeling the mist cover her face. She hadn’t felt at peace like this for ten days. Eleven days since she had been here. How had she survived without the taste of salt on her tongue for so long.

Her eyes opened to meet Max’s crystal blue ones. ‘One day, I’d like to live on the beach.’ She turned her head back to the ocean, watching a loon dive down into the water and come back up with a fish trapped in it’s bill. Harper turned her head back to face Max, he was just staring at her with an unexplainable grin on his face. ‘What?’ She signed with a gleeful smile upon her lips. She sat back up leaning her chest forward onto her knees.

Thoughts started to run through her mind. Maybe everyone was right, maybe Max did look at her differently. She didn’t see it, he was just her friend. He would have told her if he felt differently, if he wanted to be more than just friends. He had no reason to keep it from her, she felt like she could tell Max anything. But— maybe he didn’t feel that way about her… Which would just mean everyone was wrong, and he didn’t have some deep feelings for her.
code by valen t.

MOOD: faint

basics
MENTIONS:

INT:

Harper Dazzle Dazzle

[/COMMENT]
tags
TL;DR
Max and Harper reunite after 10 days of recovery from Hawking House trauma.
tl;dr
Max Berkowitz

"Fair." Max acquiesced, when Harper remarked that eventually she'd want to go get food before the tide came too far inland. Max… he never really felt hungry anymore. He'd forget meals and not even notice. Food was more of a chore than anything else, and like the rest of his chores, it had lately been slipping his mind more often than it should.
Harper, he knew, was more grounded in her senses and could still enjoy a simple and everyday experience. He envied that.

Harper was someone he knew better than anyone else, and at the same time he knew her so little. He learned as much as he could, but it was kind of like reading a book that grew a page for each one you finished. No way to finish it all; say definitively that everything was known.

Their eyes met, if only for a moment. Harper's warm brown irises seemed to hold something much deeper than just nerve endings and light receptors. Like looking into the bottom of a glass bowl and seeing himself reflected upside-down. Disorienting, in the best and gentlest sense of the word. "One day," she started, slowly, as if after a long time of thought, "I’d like to live on the beach."

"Of course. I mean, don't you already kind of live here? I mean…" his weak attempt at a joke trailed off, but luckily she hadn't taken notice. Her gaze had drifted off onto the water, and he followed it, wanting to see what she was seeing.

...That would be nice though, wouldn't it? Living out on the beach.
Like, maybe one of those small houses perched over the rocks, with a balcony overlooking the shoreline, where one could watch the fog roll in over the coves and the last stars drip back under the horizon before the sun came up.
If they could both live--
No.
Stupid.

Just as he crushed the last gasp of optimism he had back into its crevice, Harper saw he'd spaced out. She looked as though she was laughing, giving him a playful "what?" Which he sheepishly brushed off with a soft sigh and a weary "I don't know." But she kept looking… studying, maybe, and he looked back, not sure if he was uncomfortable or flattered or frightened. What did she see? Did he do something?

He read like an open book. That was what everyone said. Everything he thought played across his face in a way he could neither control or even understand. All he could hope for was to keep the worst of him in the farthest chapter back, and hope no one cared to read that far.

code by valen t.

MOOD: oddly happy

OUTFIT: -

basics
MENTIONS:

INT:

Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler
tags
TL;DR
tl;dr
Zachary Lee
Surf's up.

They were in the elevator. The three of them. They had forgotten about Max and Stu. Harper’s arms were steadfastly hooked onto both Sawyer and Zach. To say the least, she was both horrified and resistant. She had been steeling herself this whole time with her flesh was crawling and outwardly shaking like a leaf.

What a coincidence, doc,” Zach turned his head involuntarily. His father was in the corner.

Dr.Lee sighed heavily, dourly handsome in his grubs, “What happened this time, Zach?”

Then, he gently smiled at the two girls, “Sawyer, nice to meet you as always. How’s your dad, Andrews? Oliver and I haven’t golfed in a while. Still getting around fine?”

His gaze landed on Harper, wincing at her limpedness, “And it’s nice to meet you too...”

“Harper,” Zach’s shapely answered shortly for his father, before laughingly explained how a ceiling had fallen on them.

“This is all true?” He asked in disbelief, dumbfounded by the teenagers. They didn’t get in any more words. The floor to their designation dinged and the industrial doors slid open. Zach was scrambling out the door with the duo.

“All true,” he confirmed, smacking blindly for the button for close on his way out, “Let’s talk later. For now, byeeee. Oh, and not to be a snitch, but your receptionist definitely ate the mint ice cream in the faculty fridge that you were saving for yourself the whole time you kept wondering who the hell was eating it.”

What?! Hold on-” The door closed again before he heard the rest of his father’s words.

What? Sawyer’s axe and his abs showing through Max’s torn shirt worked for many confessions.

The hospital. It was smelled of disinfectants and death. Sawyer and him had sat in the hard unforgiving chairs outside of the operation room. He was scooted forward, far till, he could glance from left to right in the hallways for no apparent reason. Harper Anderson received stitches, and that was that.

The first day, after making the receptionist blush over non-meaningful things for a token to make an illegal entrance to Harper’s room, he looked about the curtains and came in to say that her head looked like a bicycle seat. The second day he looked around a bit more, stared at the monitor that wasn’t hooked, and smirked narcissistically. With a twisted little grin, he had added, “If it was hooked. I think I’d see a spike in those squiggly lines, right?” The third day… The third day never happened. Dr.Lee didn’t let the third day happen for he was under the impression that Zach was bothering her.

Part of the reason why he had been so active in the visits to the hospital was because his dad had thought he had begun to show some behavior that needed to be surveillance and because Tatum Browne had gone quiet. Too quiet. They had been arguing less, yet it felt wrong.

“What is all of this?”

There in the middle of the capacious room was Zachary Lee: lightheaded and young in low swung gray sweatpants. In the midpoint of a frame of time between sucking on a raspberry lollipop and scrolling on Twitter, Tatum Browne made her entrance.

Hm? Get lost, Rose. I’m waiting for Tatum-” He hummed nonsensically, tasting artificial fruit melt in his mouth.

Their eyes always had a way of meeting like instinct. It could be autumn or even fall, but she was always his summer. Darling fabled lips, yellow ochre hair, endlessly burning bright and marvelous. And his story, and the killing of his heartrate always began with the girl in front of him. She was staring at him in a presiding way that left him to account every minute detail of her.

Behind him, he had decked out a holiday of blankets prismed the pillows, blankets, and adjusted chairs and sofas into a fortress.

“Oh this?” He gave a short laugh, “It was bit of a trial putting it together, still-”

He didn’t know where he left off with his phone, because it was tossed from his thoughts and his hands. Slipping his hands onto her wrists, and swaying her forward, he tucked her into his warm chest. “Welcome to Zach and Tatum’s hideout. Not that we can really hide, and not that I’ll let you hide out of my sight today, but the idea’s there, no?” He tipped his head dreamily, a longish strand of blonde falling over his forehead.

Ushering her into the fortress, they both crawled into the brocaded and poorly instituted tent. Daintily smiling, he added, “I somehow got a laptop to fit for movies. And candy to get sugar high…”

code by valen t.

basics
MENTIONS:
lion. lion. (Zach)

INT:
tags
TL;DR enjoying the beach
tl;dr
Harper Anderson

Harper shook her head with wide grin on her face, Max wasn’t wrong, all of her free time she spent here. She always had. It was the one part of Parish that felt like hers, that felt like home. She found solace there, the white noise of the ocean, she felt like she could be completely herself. Completely enthralled and wrapped up in the waves of the ocean. ‘It is telling how much time I spend here…’

Harper turned to face Max, gently moving her left leg as to not pull at the stitches. She crossed her right leg under her left leaving her left one bent upwards. ‘I didn’t know the hospital wouldn’t let you in.’ Harper wondered how Zach had been able to visit, while Max wasn’t. Both their dads worked at the hospital, so it wasn’t like he had an advantage… Why had Zach wanted to visit her anyways, it wasn’t like they were friends. Not like she was with Max, and not the way Zach was friends with Sawyer.

‘If I had known…’ She wasn’t sure what she would have done, told the hospital to let him in? They already wanted her to rest more than she wanted to. She was only there till the weekend, and the only reason they had held her was for risk of infection. Not knowing what kind of debris she could of contracted within the Hawking House. ‘I was only there till Friday, couldn’t use my phone till Monday.’

She wondered what Max had truly gone through after she was hurt, after he was left behind. Max brushed off her question like it was nothing, she didn’t know what to think of it. Why didn’t he want to tell her, it seemed like more than nothing. She wanted to remind him, remind him that he could tell her anything. She wouldn’t push though, not wanting to push him further away.

She watched the waves grow crashing down higher up on the shore. ‘Look at those waves,’ She pointed towards the ocean, as the towering waves began to show their strength. ‘I want this stitches out so I can squeeze in another surf day… Though it is getting a bit cold for it.’ Harper was not excited for winter to come; she wanted the warmth to stay even if only a bit longer. This stupid cut was keeping her from being able to enjoy the last bits of the season.
code by valen t.

MOOD: Still

basics
MENTIONS:
Zach lion. lion.
Lulu PenguinFox PenguinFox

INT:
Harper Dazzle Dazzle

[/COMMENT]
tags
TL;DR
Hospitals suck but spending time with Harper is kind of nice.
tl;dr
Max Berkowitz

"Yeah. Policy thing… it's not like I'm on your insurance, so they'd have to ask you if you knew me, or you'd have to ask for me by name." He sighed, tensing at the shoulders. "It's complicated. Hospitals suck.”

As much as it stung that he hadn’t gotten to see her, he knew everyone who was with Harper when she was admitted would have been allowed in. Sawyer would’ve identified herself right away, he was sure. They would know Harper knew her and didn't object to her presence. So at least she had Sawyer. Even Zach and Lulu could have stopped by, if they wanted…

It would have been different if Max hadn't been left behind.

But really, the only thing left to be hurt about was the fact that no one at the hospital felt the need to let Harper know he’d stopped by. No one ever told her.

Of course they wouldn’t have told her.
They thought you were some kind of creep.

Harper was only in the hospital until Friday.
Two days.
So half of the times he went to find out if she was alright, she'd already been discharged.
...And no one said anything.

Why would they?
They’re done with you.
Of course they don’t want you around her.

They know what you think.
They know what you are.

But really, why would they say anything to him? Sawyer and Zach knew how he must have felt about being forgotten in a crumbling building with a child, having to walk all those miles back in the dark, and every damn thing that came of that. Regardless of their reasoning for doing that, they knew he’d be hurt. They wouldn’t have wanted to talk to him at all, not even to let him know that his friend was home safe.

Or maybe they assumed that he wouldn’t want to talk to them.
Not an entirely unreasonable assumption… after all that? He really didn’t want to face them. He didn’t know if he’d ever be able to.

His hand pulled at the cuff of Zach's jacket sleeve, fingers slowly tracing the material.

But it wasn’t as if he could tell Harper that he wasn't on speaking terms with Sawyer right now. Did she even know her best friend left him like that? She didn’t need to know. He couldn’t turn her against Sawyer, no matter what Sawyer did. They were too close to be driven apart by whatever it was Max felt. They were friends first. It wasn’t his place to tell her anything that could jeopardize that. Regardless of how bad he was at lying, he had to. Not so much lying as hiding the truth, but it pierced his heart through his lung to do that to Harper. She deserved honesty. She also deserved not to be burdened by his problems.
He had to strike a balance between that.

“I’m just glad you’re okay.” His hands rested silently on his elbows. He had nothing more to say after that... he could only hope that some semblance of calm would end the discussion before he ended up tearing himself at the seams.

And in miraculous coincidence, Harper had turned her focus back to the ocean. The ice clawing its way through his veins melted away. “Look at those waves,” She pointed to the rise and fall of the water over the sand, but he found himself instead watching the glimmer of fascination in her eyes.
Max didn’t know if he’d ever love anything as much as Harper loved the ocean.

‘I want these stitches out so I can squeeze in another surf day… Though it is getting a bit cold for it.’

“You might have a few more days.” Max offered, taking the reprieve from the tension. Another calm moment. Just ten minutes to let the past two weeks fade to the back of his memory, was that too much to ask? He really couldn’t ask much of his stream of thought these days. “Most of this week is going to be okay, I think. Warmer. It’ll drop off after we hit October. Way too close, right? Where did all that time go?” His smile wavered. ‘I don’t really know when I started watching the forecast. I never used to do that. I mean, how bored did I have to be that I started paying attention to the weather?There it was. Half a shred of honesty. A quiet but genuine laugh, his finger flicking across the underside of his eyelid as if to dry a tear. It was okay. He felt okay... maybe it was just for this beat, and then it would subside, but all at once he felt like he was here. Whatever part of him was dragging behind had returned to its place. Harper had a way of giving people more light, he thought. Someday, he hoped someone would be able to do the same for her.

code by valen t.

Last edited:

basics
MENTIONS:
lion. lion. (Zach)

INT:
tags
TL;DR enjoying the beach
tl;dr
Harper Anderson

Harper just nodded, hospitals did suck. She hadn’t even wanted to be there in the first place. ‘I guess.’ Harper was familiar with the hospital visiting hour rules, they only ever let in family. ‘You should have asked Hayden.’ She nudged him with her shoulder. ‘He would of brought you.’ Harper knew that Max didn’t want to talk about Sawyer or Zach, figuring it was best to not bring up that Zach had gone out of his way to visit her.

Harper hadn’t talked to anyone much herself, with the concussion she hadn’t been allowed to touch any technology while in the hospital so even if Max had texted her and told her he tried to visit. She wouldn’t have known till it was too late.

He had gone through his own torture at the Hawking House, being left behind must have been terrifying. She had only seen his messages after the fact, after he had tried to reach her a numerous amount of times while they were stuck. Her phone had no service and had died at some point while her and Zach were trying to find a way out.

She had felt bad about not being able to reach him, though it wasn’t her fault. The whole night from when the ceiling separated the group had been more than she had ever expected. She never got a chance to check her phone when they arrived at the hospital. MRI’s and getting stitches and being poked and prodded with all sorts of vaccines and blood tests to check for infection. Drawing a line around the red of her skin, so that they could watch the infection and make sure it stayed stable.

‘Don’t feel bad about not visiting, I really didn’t have many visitors besides Hayden,’ Harper chewed on the inside of her cheek for a moment, pausing before she continued. ‘and well the doctors really wanted me to rest more than anything.’

Harper’s smile gleamed as he told her that he was glad she was okay. ‘I’m glad you’re okay too.’ Harper hoped they were done with the hospital talk; it was much too… Wearisome to go through it over and over again. Harper just wanted to get her stitches out and forget all about the incident. As bad as it sounded, being trapped in the Hawking house had been much more preferable to her adventure at the hospital.

‘Hopefully, four days.’ Four days was her count down, her count down to having those stitches out and hopefully making it back out on the water. ‘I can handle the random sixty degree days.’ Harper had to think for a moment before she signed again. ‘I just need.’ She stopped using her pointer fingers she circled them around each other ‘sign. Wet. Suit.’ She wasn’t sure if there was a sign for the word in general or she would have to break it out into more than one sign.

‘It’s not bad to watch the forecast.’ Harper shrugged, she did the same, though she had reason too. She need to know when the tides would be at their best and what kind gear she would need for the day. ‘You probably just have to be as bored as me.’ She chuckled.
code by valen t.

Last edited:
MOOD: Excited

OUTFIT: here

basics
MENTIONS: Lulu, Zach

INT: Harper Dazzle Dazzle , Max Chimney Swift Chimney Swift

tags
TL;DR Happy to be out of prison
tl;dr
Sawyer
I'm Georgia Peachy, believe me.

After taking Harper to the hospital and dropping Lulu back home, Sawyer had climbed up her tree and through the window into her room. She tracked dirt and grime through the room as she made her way toward the mirror situated in the corner and flicked the light switch on. Staring back at her was a girl who looked more brunette than blonde and also probably just crawled out of a grave. Sawyer grimaced at her appearance, every inch of her was covered in grime and she still had a pant leg tied around her head which she moved to carefully untie. She touched softly at the back of her head where the bleeding had been and felt relieved when it came away clean. She wasn’t bleeding anymore, that was good at least. Sawyer made no move to leave though, just standing there and staring at herself as the adrenaline that had been fueling her that entire night finally dissipated completely. Now her eyes drooped and shoulders sagged even further than they had been before. Before she knew it she was crying, not bawling mind you, but there were a few stray tears leaving tracks in the grime covering her face. They had quite literally almost died. Sure there had always been danger in what they were doing, but that was just one guy not a whole house falling on them. Sawyer decided as she stared at herself in the mirror that she never wanted to feel like that ever again. She never wanted to feel so completely helpless again. Her whole being shivered at the thought, if Lulu hadn’t been there to pull her out of whatever panic she’d gone into…no she wasn’t even going to think about what could have happened. All that mattered is that everyone was safe. Harper was in the hospital, Zach was home, Lulu was home, Max...Sawyer groaned loudly. Max and Stu hadn’t been out by the time that the rest of them had and Harper was hurt, like, really hurt. Sawyer’s thoughts had been consumed with that and she’d been focused on nothing more than getting her to the hospital. It wasn’t until Harper was safe and everything had calmed down a little that she’d sped back to the house in the dead of night and found that Max and Stu were gone. Sawyer remembered standing in front of what used to be a house and feeling her breathing getting heavy because all that was left was rubble. The thing had completely flattened out, the house was gone. Had they still been inside when that happened...Sawyer pulled herself out of the memory fearing that she might freak out.

Every part of her body ached and all she wanted was to fall into her bed and sleep for ten years. She couldn’t do that yet though, she desperately needed a shower and she wasn’t about to sleep covered in blood and who knows what else. Her feet dragged her out the door of her bedroom and down the hall as quietly as she could. Unfortunately, as quietly as she could wasn’t quiet enough because the second she opened the bathroom door a voice sounded from further down the hallway.

“Sawyer Quinn Andrews, do you want to explain to me why you’re just getting back at midnight?” Sawyer tensed up as she heard her father’s footsteps as he approached her and she almost ran away when he flicked on the hall light and let out a very loud gasp. Damnit. Oliver was at her side in mere seconds, his hands hovering in front of her face with an expression that was flickering simultaneously between worry and anger. Sawyer could’ve folded up and shriveled into nothing right now.

“Oh my god, are you bleeding?” He turned her face to the side and glanced at the spot in the back of her head where she had been bleeding from and as soon as he established that she was, in fact, not bleeding anymore his worry dissipated a little but that only made room for more anger. “What the hell, Sawyer? What happened? Why do you look like you just crawled out of a grave?” Sawyer would’ve laughed at them having the same thought but she was too tired and she had a whole hell of a lot of explaining to do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Sawyer, you don’t even understand how angry I am at you right now.” Oliver was seated in his chair in the living room with his head in his hands and Sawyer felt even worse than she had when she got home, “You could’ve died, your friends could have died. Why the hell did you not just call the police, or at least tell me?”

“Because the police don’t do-” Sawyer’s rebuttal was quickly cut off by the scariest glare she’d ever received from her father.

“Don’t give me that bullshit, Sawyer Quinn. You just have this weird infatuation with constantly putting yourself and your friends in danger and I’m tired of it! Someday you're going to really get hurt or worse and I don’t even know what I’d do then!” Oliver stood up from his chair and paced quickly in front of the couch that Sawyer was seated on. Sawyer had never seen him this agitated and every second it went on was making her more and more uncomfortable. She wished the couch would swallow her whole, maybe then she wouldn’t put anyone else in danger. Maybe if she just wasn’t here everyone would be safer for it.

“I’m sorry, dad. We just...I just wanted him to get what he deserved.” Sawyer’s voice was uncharacteristically quiet as she spoke.

“That’s not your job, Sawyer. You’re seventeen, it’s not your job to go on people hunts.” Oliver stopped pacing and knelt down in front of Sawyer and it was only now that she realised that he was crying, “Listen to me, you can’t keep doing shit like this. I know that you like exploring and living on the edge, you’re just like…” He paused and looked down at the floor for a beat, “You’re just like your mother. I already lost her a long time ago.” He looked back up at her, “You’re all I have left, Sawyer. Please, I can’t lose you too.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two weeks she had been grounded, Those two weeks had been spent up in her room with Apollo curled into her side as she scribbled down words in a notebook. Her father had taken away virtually all means of communication with the outside world and she’d only seen any of her friends in brief moments at school. The only things she had to do were play with Apollo and write dumb songs. So that’s what Sawyer Andrews did for two weeks until today when Oliver walked into her room and tossed her phone at her with a small smile.

“Alright, inmate. You’re free.” And the second he’d said that, Sawyer had jumped up from her bed, startling Apollo awake from his nap, poor guy. She’d raced out the door and down the hall. She’d only stopped in the living room to reappear on Twitter and a brief convo with Max gave her her first destination after having been released.

“You’re on parole, Andrews. Don’t be stupid.” Oliver called as Sawyer ran out the front door, guitar in hand, with Apollo hot on her heels.

“You got it, Warden!” Sawyer opened the passenger side door of her car so Apollo could jump inside and then ran around to the driver side, sitting her guitar softly in the back before taking off down the street toward the beach. Being grounded was the worst kind of punishment for a girl like Sawyer Andrews. She thrived on being outside and interacting with people so when something like that was taken away, she went a little stir crazy. Which is why she was breaking several road laws and she booked it to the beach and parked like an insane person. Apollo was feeding off of her overexcited energy and barking up a storm as they ran down the beach toward the silhouettes of her friends. Sawyer plopped down in the sand next to Harper like a little kid with her feet splayed out far too wide.

“Helloooooo!” Sawyer grinned at the both of them, she sat the guitar in the sand beside her and her hands signed the word as she spoke for Max. “I have been released.” Another grin. Apollo seemed to be just as happy as he ran circles around the three of them only ever stopping to dig furiously for a few seconds before continuing again.

“I feel like I’ve been locked away for years.” Sawyer admonished, leaning back until her back hit the sand and she was left staring up into the sky, “Anyway, hi.”

code by valen t.

MOOD: peak stu

basics
MENTIONS:

INT:

Chimney Swift Chimney Swift lion. lion.

[/COMMENT]
tags
TL;DR
just read it
tl;dr
Stu French

Now why did it take me this long to get a fancy code?

Stu nodded along while Oliver recanted his turtle facts, no longer feigning interest but actually becoming a turtle aficionado himself, which felt a bit like a love affair to his KitKat mistress waiting at home. So when Oliver looked to the ocean Stu found himself looking too, wondering about the place where the turtles lived, and then reminiscing about his old friend Willy the Whale.

A smile came to his face.

“I like how turtles have a shell with them that they can just hide in whenever they want. Then they’re always safe, even when it’s dangerous outside. And they’ll never get tetanus or anything stupid like that. I wish we had shells too, so we could—”

He was mid-speech when the volleyball whizzed past him and struck Oliver in the shin. He didn’t have quite his friend’s reaction, after all they were at a beach so there was bound to be stray volleyballs and frisbees and the like. This was perfectly normal and absolutely no cause for alarm and—

Oh.

A girl.

She was all synonyms of pretty from beautiful to charming to cute to elegant to graceful to delicate to delightful to dazzling to radiant to sublime to pulchritudinous which comes from Latin ‘pulchritudo’ which of course Stu wasn’t to know.

All he knew was the divine beauty and its earthly manifestation in front of him.

One glance and he was a toddler who’d forgotten how to walk and talk, and he was now operational only on the level of babbles and emerging consonants. And it turns out he had a shell like a turtle after all, because the collar of his shirt was well over his nose which meant that on the one end he had only half a face, and on the other his tummy and belly button were exposed and he didn’t know it.

He gulped shyly at her approach, and passed what tiny wave he could manage. ‘H. . . hi,’ he said, or thought he said. There was a good chance no word left his mouth at all. He was red in the face and heaving with the onset of a heart attack.

Before long they were exploring the stretch of beach by the large rocks. Stu had the onus of walking in the back, a real test of character since he had to remind himself not to stare, because that would be rude!

Instead this boy dragged his feet in the sand, a shadow of his blabbering self. To their left was the place where Genieive caught him in the scandalous act of poisoning the local flora, and this reminder battered his confidence several times over that if the girl in front of him were to spin around and say a word to him, he would quite simply melt away into the sand.

code by valen t.

Last edited:
MOOD:

basics
MENTIONS:
Zach lion. lion.
Lulu PenguinFox PenguinFox

INT:
Harper Dazzle Dazzle

[/COMMENT]
tags
TL;DR
Sawyer and Max are cool again.
tl;dr
Max Berkowitz

"Sign... wet suit?"
Harper's question threw Max for a loop. He knew exactly what she was talking about, but had never been called upon to identify the garment in conversation. Was he supposed to just tell her what he called it in his head, or did he just admit he didn't know if there was a regionally accepted term? Eh... both. "I don't know," He admitted with a twinge of embarrassment. Being Harper's friend for years, he ought to have figured out what that thing was called. "It's like a... surf uniform?" He went through the words and was suddenly a lot less sure of them than he started out as. "...honestly I'd just spell it. w-e-t-s-u-i-t. Clears up the confusion." Well, that wasn't the most satisfactory answer, but he couldn't help but be a little proud of Harper being a little more fluent than she gave herself credit for.

Max's phone buzzed in the pocket of Zach's jacket. He and Harper had settled down to just enjoying the view, so he felt comfortable giving a quick "Sorry." and retrieving the device. Probably just his mom asking where he ran off to, or something from school about his massive stack of late assignments.

No. It was none of those things.
Sawyer's name on the lock-screen hit like a punch in the eye.

"Bro, bro, r u mad at me? And don't say you're fine or I'll scream."

Now? After 10 days? Now she wanted to know if he was mad?
...he decided, after staring at the message in abject terror for way too long, that he wasn't mad. Not mad at Sawyer, at least. Well, maybe he was, a little... but it wasn't personal.
Regardless, he wasn't going to say he was mad. If Sawyer was ready to talk, then so was he.

The conversation started off a slow and tentative series of explanations and apologies. Biting into the corner of his lip, he decided to risk telling Sawyer that Lulu never did explain her pointed and illogical false accusation. Sawyer insisted, as she had when she first made the mistake of telling Max about the suspicion, that it wasn't a serious conviction. Well, Max knew that. If Lulu was as smart as Sawyer said she was, she would've known that not only was her "just a sick prank" theory dumb in the first place, but that once it was debunked, it would've cleared the names of all the people who insisted the footage was genuine.
But no, Lulu just had to go to Sawyer and point fingers at Max. Even though it was Sawyer who disproved her theory.
That wasn't even what hurt Max, though.
What hurt him was the idea that someone who didn't know him would assume that he was the type of person who would even pretend to stalk his friends and mutilate animals.
Lulu's first impression of him, before she ever saw his face in person, was that he was a possible psychopath.
That hurt.

Sawyer's explanation that Lulu just needed a scapegoat to ease her own anxiety... Max had to admit it was passable.
He would've preferred to see Lulu say it for herself, but at least getting profiled as a stalker at first glance wasn't something Sawyer believed Lulu thought about. In an odd way, that actually did make it better.

After that long-held tension finally passed, Sawyer still wanted to touch base about what had happened over the long period of distance. Harper's time in the hospital, Max not being able to see her, Sawyer promising that she had fully intended to go back and pull him and Stu out of the rubble.
Five minutes had cleared up ten days worth of fear. No doubt, this conversation should've happened a long time ago. Nevertheless, it was a weight off of Max's chest that Sawyer didn't willfully leave him to die. And that Sawyer's new little friend didn't still think Max was a dirty criminal.

Another fifteen minutes or so went by after Max tucked his phone back into Zach's jacket, just watching the water with Harper and the occasional silent small-talk exchange. He hadn't even realized how long it had been since his mind spiraled into surreal bouts of self-hatred. What, half an hour? It may as well have been an eternity.
Even on a good day, Max's stream of consciousness never gave him a break. This was the kind of peace that he wouldn't even recognize until he'd lost it again.

The stillness was broken by Sawyer and her dog charging up the beach, skidding into the sand at the foot of the rocks. Sawyer sat herself down right in front of them, her canine companion orbiting around in typical dog antics. Max always liked dogs, even giant hyperactive ones like Apollo. "Hey, Sawyer!" His hand's single fluid motion of her name was one he didn't think he'd be saying for a long time. He was glad to be wrong about that. Once again he found himself turning to Harper to apologize, suddenly a little worried that Sawyer hadn't given her best friend a warning of her impending arrival. He doubted Harper would mind, though. They were an inseparable pair, really. Max was almost jealous... moreover just grateful that they so frequently shared their time with him. They didn't need to let him follow along, and he certainly didn't ever seem to make up for it. Unlike the two of them, he wasn't smart or funny or good at anything. He had absolutely no idea what they saw in him, but at the moment he wasn't going to let himself question it. As long as they would let him stay, it was an honor and a privilege.

code by valen t.

Last edited:

basics
MENTIONS:

lion. lion. (Zach)

INT:

tags
TL;DR enjoying the beach
tl;dr
Harper Anderson

Harper was still learning ASL, sometimes she forgot there really weren’t always words for everything. ‘Okay, that makes sense.’ She nodded. The two of them continued on, chatting about anything and everything distracting from the world around them. Harper was sure there was more going on with Max, especially when his phone went off. Max intently stared at it, like it was something important, or someone. But— she didn’t mind the quiet company.

A German Sheppard came flying out of nowhere, kicking up sand as he ran up the Jetty behind Harper and across to the other side, digging a hole in the ground. “Apollo!” Harper squealed as the dog stopped jumping up onto the Jetty licking her cheek before getting distracted once again and chasing a seagull that had innocently landed to eat a discarded bagel.

Using the back of her hand to wipe the slobber from her cheek. She knew what this dog meant, it meant Sawyer was here. “Hey inmate.” She smirked “Looks like you missed the sky almost as much as me.” She didn’t expect to see Sawyer, but she was glad she was there. It was like old times, the three of them just spending time together. Not that old times were far gone, but they all seemed to be busier and more fragile now a days.

Harper pressed her hands into the rock, lifting her herself off the rock. She hadn’t really thought about how she would get off the rocks, it seemed much more treacherous than it had to climb up in the first place. Harper rested a hand on Max’s shoulder to balance as she stepped down onto her good leg.

She let her knees fall to the ground as she wrapped her hands around Sawyer’s wrist pulling her best friend up into a hug as she wrapped her arms around Sawyer’s neck. When she released her she leaned back to look at her.

Punching her right in the shoulder. “That’s what you get for forcing me to go to the hospital.”

Harper thought about it for a moment, pursing her lips as she thought about what she would say next. “— and taking us on death trip.” Harper chuckled as she plopped herself back into the sand.

“I can’t believe that Mr. Oliver Andrews actually punished you.” Harper translated for Max what she said to Sawyer.

Harper stood back up from the sand, leaning against the rock. She had to be somewhat careful with her leg, knowing from life experience sand always finds its way into every crook and corner it can get into.
code by valen t.

Last edited:

Lemon Pierce

Lemon wasn’t one to contain her excitement for the frozen dairy. Afterall it wasn’t often that she got to really feel like a child again. She was ready to state her order when the elderly gentleman at the counter recognized Kat and his grin went wider than even Lemon’s. She watched as he looked at the girl in amazement from what Lemon could guess was years of not being around. What was this place all those years ago? Those years where Lemon couldn’t leave, the years where she was gone for the summer, the years where she was holed up in her house trying to be the perfect daughter. Now, to her this ice cream shop was nothing but joy and happiness, but what it different for Kat? Lemon could only nod as Kat had questioned her order, she was still trying to process the fact that Kat knew this man, and that Kat seemed to enjoy or ice cream or at least at one point she had.

As the small scoop of butter pecan was handed over, Lemon wasn’t surprised by the fact that Kat wasn’t having any, “I could’ve bought my own.” But Kat just gave her a look and Lemon was silent. She was about to say something when the card had been declined but the first look had kept her silent. She couldn’t quite move her feet back to the table, not until the ice cream situation was figured out, but low and behold the gentleman came out with a pink concoction of joy which was placed in the hands of one Katherine Navarro. But the ice cream was free, a small bonus as Lemon reached into her wallet and placed a five-dollar bill into the tip jar.

Once back at the table Lemon had moved her bag and during the movement, she heard Kat speak, “Oh! Yeah, I got through the first two chapters. I have to keep my grades up though. Grades are important.” Lemon swirled her ice cream a few times before she took a bite.

The flavor burst on her tongue and she couldn’t help but smile and do small little dance of happiness. It was ice cream and why wouldn’t someone dance for joy from one of the happiest foods to ever exist. Once her small dance was over, she pulled out her physics textbook and looked back over at Kat, “So, are you sure you’re good at explaining? Because I have questions and I have all these sticky notes marking them.” Her poor textbook was covered in yellow, pink, and blue sticky notes all with different questions about concepts she didn’t understand.

Mention(s): Interaction(s): Soap Soap

Users who are viewing this thread

Back