• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern The Kids Aren’t Alright | Interest Check |Open

Soap

faisons un vœu
Roleplay Type(s)
B7309E58-42F8-4603-8C18-8B1AD4EF25CF.png

Somewhere off the coast of Massachusetts sits a town cloaked by trees on one side and stopped by the ocean on the other. If you were to come driving through this little town, not knowing any of the goings on, you might see it as a perfectly picturesque place. Little shops crowd the town center and the tall spires of the local church tower over the town, seen easily from most places. Middle class homes are bunched together with children running through the streets haphazardly as if no one ever drove through the streets at all. The upper class neighborhood sits lordly above everything else with white columns and wide mouthed doors. If you look hard enough, you might find a few mysterious things hidden away in the trees surrounding the town. The only thing curious at face value is the two schools that split the town roughly in half, Parish Bay, your regular old public school and the much more sought after Hartfield Academy, a private school for those that wish to offer up the cost or garner a scholarship. To the unknowing eye, Parish Point is just a regular old small town with it’s smiling faces and bright streets. Stay a while, though, and you might discover that it’s a little more disjointed than it appears.

Teenagers always come with problems, some that they cause themselves and others that are far out of their control. But, the kids that are walking the streets of Parish Point come with a lot more baggage than anyone might have expected. High pressure parents bear down on their overworked kids, the side of the water tower somehow always ends up getting graffitied, the battle that is teenage love wages on ever present in the school halls, popularity contests remain with pretty faces battling for that top crown, watch your step or you might get bit. Of course, this is all kept behind closed doors and the residents still smile as you walk by, shiny white teeth giving you the impression of happiness. But, at the core, nothing is ever okay. Nothing is ever bright and peachy. There is no apple pie cooling on window sills filling the air with sweetness. Nothing is okay in Parish Point.

The kids aren’t alright.
__

☾ ABOUT US ☽

The Kids Aren't Alright follows a cast of teenagers growing up in Parish Point, a quiet coastal town which charms the untrained eye but hides a web of secrets and intrigue. Our story is a growing-up journey that sees the lives of the youths through all its ups and downs. Here in Parish Point friends are made, but enemies too. Good memories are forged as well as bad. The town is a character in and of itself, bright in the festive days of harvest and bleak in the deadly winters--an unpredictable twister of fates. Built all those years ago by weary setters, who fought among themselves, Parish Point tests the courage of all its people, but also rewards those who persevere.

This roleplay is co-gmed by, Dede Dede and KingofAesir KingofAesir For any questions, please message any one of us.

☾ RULES ☽

Hi there, if you've read this far, you might be thinking about joining us. We can't wait to have you be a part of our roleplay!

We are a few skips in already, but now is a great time to join!

☾ 𝟎𝟎𝟏 ☽ Basic rules of conduct to your fellow role players as applies elsewhere on this website, as well keep drama out of OOC. Whatever issues you may have, please message me or any of the GMs. I will not tolerate any racism, homophobia, transphobia, plain hate or distaste for anyone. If that's not your cup of tea, you can leave, thank you. We're a very loving community and I do not expect to welcome someone into our roleplay if they do not wish to do the same.

☾ 𝟎𝟎𝟐 ☽ We would like our roleplays to be literate. Using code does not make a decent writer! So please do not feel pressured to do so! Try your best to get at least two paragraphs out.

☾ 𝟎𝟎𝟑 ☽ We aspire to be a fairly active roleplay, so we do expect you to post regularly. If you cannot post for a certain reason, please message me or one of the GMs, so I know you haven't ghosted.

☾ 𝟎𝟎𝟒 ☽ Mature themes must be treated with sensitivity and may be at the discretion of the GMs. If you believe something may be too much, reach out and we'll be happy to help.

☾ 𝟎𝟎𝟓 ☽ We are looking for realistic characters who do not defy the laws of gravity and physics, so on and so forth. No mary/gary sues. Try to be creative! I'm excited to see what you come up with!

☾ 𝟎𝟎𝟔 ☽ Discord is required! We find it easier to talk OOC, create plans, throw ideas and get to know each other better!

If you are interested in joining, please leave a message here and we will DM you. Thank you! <3

Last edited:
Thank you for all the interest! I, or the fellow GMs will be sending out DMs in the morning. :)

fank you for your patience. <3

DMs were sent! If anyone would like to join, we’re still open and accepting new roleplayers! <3

I'd definitely be up for it - I realise posted before and deleted it but definitely up for it now

I am also interested except I don't have discord, will I need to make an account?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back