• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Yahhah

The Wandering Storyteller
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
The Nexus
The Nexus is a world between worlds. No one knows where the Nexus came from or how long it has existed, what is known is that it is a world which takes things and beings from all other worlds creating its own brand of chaos by mixing all forms of semi-normalcy most worlds carry. It is unknown how large the Nexus truly is as the outskirts of the nine realms where beings live are rarely explored. The outskirts hold horrors beyond comprehension given life as Nexusbeasts which even the most powerful of beings struggle against. The Nexus is an extremely varied though hospitable enough place so long as you stay away from the outskirts. Before the first beings appeared a good 500 years ago the world of the Nexus changed to fit the needs of these different creatures. It was as if the Nexus itself had a mind and wanted to give a home to the men and women it had whisked away from their home worlds. Though a new realm has not appeared for a good 300 years, leading beings to believe the Nexus has either run out of space or has given up trying to be hospitable. The Nexus seems to hate bloodshed above all things and the very earth intervenes when creatures attempt to go to war with one another. The Nexus doesn't seem to care about small-scale killings though and it only gets involved when armies get involved. As before mentioned the Nexus is divided into Nine Realms each sort of acting like a country with their own forms of government though they get along well enough as the world itself refuses to let them go against one another in war.

The Nine Realms

The Big City
The Big City is the first and oldest realm in the Nexus, it has all the looks of a modern city, or it would if it wasn't a mix of every modern city on the planet earth. One street has the appearance New York City whilst three streets down you would think you were walking in the middle of Dubai. Just like every city it has the parts of town for the well to do folks and the parts of town for poorer people. It is probably the only part of the Nexus with any issue of overpopulation. The Big City's other bit of non-normalcy would be that it is built with many different races and creatures in mind, doors are larger, streets are wider, and there are many shops that sell merchandise that would seem odd to a human new to the Nexus. The Big City is run by a council of Senators who are elected for five year terms, there are no restrictions for the Big City's parliament and just about any race can run so long as they meet the requirements. They must be able to pass an evaluation and be at least 40 years of age.

Bennebagdrier
Bennebagdrier is the part of the Nexus that would be considered futuristic. Most of the city is built either above or below ground, large flying machines take people to and from the different areas they want to go as many parts of Bennebagdrier are floating without being attached to much of anything. Bennebagdrier's advanced machinery runs on a very powerful element which grows out of the ground in the Nexus called Alabast, progress in Bennebagdrier has grinded to a halt as the people there attempt to cope with an Alabast shortage which has come up in the recent decade, Bennebagdrier has been sending explorers to the other realms and even the outskirts in attempts to try and find more Alabast or possibly an alternate material as their supply of Alabast begins to run short. Bennebagdrier is run by a representative democracy and with a new election coming up the campaign system is in full swing.

Freinheim
Freinheim is the part of the Nexus most in tune with magic, it is a land of rolling fields with flowers of each and every pigment growing in them. Freinheim seems to reject any attempt at the modern world and lives in a medieval way of life. Being the most magically in tune part of the Nexus it is debatably the most varied part of the Nexus with mountains appearing and disappearing from nowhere or pools of lava which suddenly appear from the ground Freinheim is an odd place to be. Freinheim's residents mostly live in walled cities made around large castles though there are plenty of those who seek isolation and live on their own. Freinheim is ruled by a dictatorship where the ruler is known as the Kahn. A Kahn can only become Kahn by defeating the previous Kahn in one on one combat. If a Kahn dies without a replacement a tournament is held to decide the next Kahn. Anything is allowed in these Kahn duels and race is not taken into account, if you lose you lose and when you lose you're normally dead. One of these tournaments is being put together in Frienheim as the previous Kahn was mysteriously killed, rumors say it was the Hag that did so.

The Wilds
The Wilds is an unbroken expanse of jungle and forest, there are no buildings there only wild spaces filled with wild creatures. The Wilds is a home for any creature who would not fit into any normal city and as such is mostly populated by talking beasts, at least as far as intelligent life goes. The forest is also filled with normal animals most likely there for predators to hunt without needing to go after other intelligent life. The Wilds has no sort of government being mostly populated by animals with no wishes to follow any laws or ways of doing things. Meetings are called when things need to be discussed, giving off a feel of a direct democracy, but for the 400 years the Wilds have existed such a meeting has never been called.

The Hag
The Hag is a mysterious being who was first seen in Freinheim but has since been seen all over the Nexus. She does not seem to have come from any other world making some believe she came from the outskirts. She has immense power and seems to be able to control the Nexus itself. Since her first sighting twenty years ago strange things have been happening all throughout the Nexus. She seems to be amassing forces of dark beings she seems to be summoning from other worlds. Which brings up the disturbing fact that the Nexus does not seem to be putting a stop to it as it normally does when an army gathers. No being knows what the Hag wants or what she is willing to do to achieve it bringing fear and uncertainty to the Nexus.

The Justice Corps
The Justice Corps are a group of heroic beings from all the nine realms. They are made up of all kinds of creatures from all kinds of backgrounds. The Justice Corps were put together to be able to defend the citizens of the Nexus from any evil beings which are brought from other worlds. The Justice Corps were first put together a good one hundred years ago by a group of five individuals, (Superman, Optimus Prime, King Arthur, Sonic, and Lara Croft). Since then it has grown and until the Hag appeared it was the only exception to the Nexus's no forming armies rule. Since it's beginning it has become a branch of law enforcement which only really gets involved when beings of great power appear in the Nexus. With their inability to stop the Hag many beings are beginning to question just how useful the Justice Corps are in the current day and age.

OOC
I know what you're thinking, What! That's it! There are supposed to be nine realms you only mentioned four? Where are the other five? Well that's where you come in, I would like to ask anyone if they're interested that I am looking for some help in the world building of this game, and if you have an idea for the remaining five realms please say it, we can work together to make it work splendidly. I will also say from the get go that I'm not a very experienced GM, so if anyone would be interested in CO-gming with me to help me out a little bit I'd be really grateful for the help. I've tried to start a few games in the past but they never get very far if they start at all. As well as help in creating the other five realms I am perfectly fine if anyone has any additions they have in mind for the existing four realms, well maybe five if you count the outskirts. You're characters don't have to be members of the justice corps though they can if you want them to be, I'd even be fine if some people wanted to play villains aligned with The Hag. If the lineup for the founding members of the Justice Corps didn't tip you off canon characters are very much allowed be it from just about anything. Games, books, movies, TV shows, Anime pretty much anything goes. OC characters from original universes are also allowed, with that all out of the way and I hope I didn't miss anything please respond down below if you're interested, in either helping with the world building or just playing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back