• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Journey of Heroes (AKA: I never give up, do I?)

Birdsie

The God-Emperor of Mankind

Premise
Welcome! Welcome to the pseudo-reboot of the Guild of Heroes! I guess determination is something of a defining trait for me. I sure can't let this idea die.

But to shake things up I added a difference. This isn't about the Guild of Heroes, as you may have noticed in the title. No. It's about the creation of the Guild of Heroes. You will get to meet His Snarkiness, William Baragar, whose surname surely wasn't changed to make a reference only original players will understand!

In other words; meet William, the biggest thug on the block and a new mercenary in town who's trying to make it big. One day, he encounters the problem of a certain necromancer and decides he'll need some aid with an otherwise simple job. But then, shazam! The characters are now a team!

Later on in the roleplay, they will create the Guild of Heroes to help Albion be cleansed of filth.

I'm looking for 4-8 players and no more. After that, the thing is closed, but I may be persuaded to allow two more players in so long as I recognize them and I know they're really good at what they do and would be a decent addition to the team.

Requirements/Rules:
  1. Use common sense.
  2. I'm always right.
  3. When I'm wrong, look to the rule above.
  4. Don't be a meanie.
  5. When you get new gear or learn a new spell, add it to your character sheet for safekeeping.
  6. Don't be overpowered.
  7. PM me if you have villain ideas.
  8. Hanarei Hanarei isn't allowed to complain.
  9. Neither is Captain Gabriel Captain Gabriel .
  10. He is also not allowed to complain about the fact that he rarely complains and that the rule above is unnecessary.
  11. The rule above also applies to Hanarei, but in her case, it is justified.
  12. No one is allowed to complain, except for me.
  13. Breaking any of these rules will result in a painful execution.
  14. All of the rules from 8 to 13 do not make me into a tyrannic despot, okay? Just the fact that I'm telling you this should be enough due to rules 2 and 3!
  15. Have fun!
  16. We will hold a 'Best Waifu,' 'Best Husbando,' and 'Best Spoken Written Line' contest in OOC halfway through the RP once the characters have interacted enough.
Backstory/Setting:
2nd of August. The year is 230 of the calendar, counted ever since all the tribes united to create the kingdom known to sailors from abroad as Albion. Albion is a large country, spanning several islands and a piece of land belonging to a larger continent known as Pangea. The planet's name is Terra, and it is lush with life of all kinds.

The world itself is bleak, teeming with taint. Malevolent dragons taking sacrifices from villagers in the valleys, dark lords ruling over large wastelands, necromancers performing experiments to obtain a longer lifespan, corrupt bureaucrats ruling over extensive cities, or simply the everyday thief. If the world ever needed a hero, it is today that one would be needed most.

Intro

"Damn," he said.

In a chair sat a man. A soldier, almost. His body was covered in armor from toe to neck, only his head showing his sulky face and several spots on his body having spaces with ordinary clothing visible underneath. His legs were loosely relaxed on the desk in front of him, and in his hand, he clutched a single golden coin. "A week since my last job. I'm slowly running out of juice."

He sighed, taking a book about the adventures of three goblin brothers and started reading...

D-d-dring! The door opened.

The knight did not even look to see who it was. He pointed behind himself with his thumb. "The toilet's to the back."

... Silence. No response from the person that came in... William looked up.

"Actually, I need some help." A hooded, young girl came forward and sat down opposite of him. No older than 10.

"Your dad died and you want me to avenge him?" he asked as if this happened several times before.

The girl shook her head.

"Good. What happened then?" William replied, staring at her before looking back into the book.

"There's a... um... er..." She stopped.

William looked back up. "There's an 'um' and an 'er,' huh? Damn, that really is a problem. I'm shaking in my boots. We're all going to die," he said, dryly and sarcastically while looking back down at the book.

"So what's the problem?" William's eyes shifted back to the book after he asked, his face returning to apathy.

"A necromancer. There's a necromancer and he's--"

"And so?" he interrupted.

"Er... what?" The girl made a confused face.

"What do you want me to do about the necromancer?"

"S-stop him from raising the dead?"

"Okay, how much will you pay?"

Her confusion surged upward. "P-pay? I thought this was a hero service! That's what it says in the front!"

"Yeah, heroes don't come cheap nowadays, kid," she took his book, "Hey, I was reading that!"

"Please?!" she whimpered softly.

"No."

"Pretty please?!" she begged with a sweet voice and a heavy frown.

"No."

He gripped the book and wrestled it from her with one pull. "I don't do charity work." He opened it back on the page he was at and resumed reading, apathetic and uncaring for her plight.

"I don't have money!"

"Welcome to the club; me neither, princess," William gestured.

"Y-you're a big jerk!"

"Really!? Add that to the list," he smirked.

The girl got up and prepared to leave, turning away from him and taking a few steps.

"Wait... actually," he stopped her, laying the book down. "It sounds like a good story for a campfire. I'll do it for the thrill, but I'll need you to do me a favor or I can't do it otherwise."

"Can't do, or won't do?" she asked.

"Both. Besides, what's the difference?"

"What's the favor?"

"First, I need you to go and look for coworkers for me."

"Coworkers? Why do you need coworkers?"

"Necromancers are a tricky sort to beat. They rarely face you directly -- instead they hide in their lairs, flooded with zombies, skeletons, and traps. Getting to one is hard, beating one is another adventure on its own. I can do a lot, kid, but I can't beat an army on my own. Maybe if he was a novice, but if he's active enough that a girl like you or any of your relatives picked up on it means he's confident."

"Confident?" The girl didn't understand what he meant.

"Necromancers are not stupid. I can assure you that ninety percent of them do it to discover the secrets of immortality, the other five percent for knowledge, and the other five percent because they want rotting servants. Regardless, nine out of ten necromancers don't intend to leave this world soon. Thus, if a necromancer is confident it means that he will most likely have the power to back it up. I've seen it before; the ones that are confident boast coteries of undead servants and often small armies of rotting zombies."

The girl nodded, understanding him now, but there was another matter on her head. "But... for the thrill?"

"He's a necromancer. I don't need you to pay me. One would figure a mage of any kind will have some expensive stuff on him. I doubt he'll need it in the afterlife, and I'm willing to share, so, spread. The. News."

The girl nodded again, walking out of the store and running outside.

William left shortly after to leave an announcement about it near the board with advertisements and then told every barman at every corner tavern he's looking for comrades to help him beat a nasty warlock. He also mentioned a reward to drag along the cynical mercenaries, but also mentioned the sorcerer kills puppies to attract the idealist hero-wannabes. Perfect. It is only a matter of time before candidates show up.

~~~~

Other

Some Tags

Hanarei Hanarei , Captain Gabriel Captain Gabriel , Safety Hammer Safety Hammer , Rin Nyx Rin Nyx , Archdemon Archdemon .

Hm. To think you had something interesting hiding among the interest checks for such a short period of time....

Maybe I should poke my nose into this. If my own projects don't interfere after I'm done with the lore generation forsomeone else.

Will admit though- I already have started to create a character concept for this. *Coughs quietly as I begin to write short stories*

*Was not notified... notifications are evil. Is now here.*

... though no clue what I'd wanna do character wise....

I see adventure. I must do.

Plus I must bully hana wherever she goes.

Nuuuuu! Stop stlaking me to bully me! *sniffles.*
i only do it because you make it so fun~! *pats*

besides... I need a good adventure... Kinda in a bad air right now... >.<

Users who are viewing this thread

Back