• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Jewel of Karajing - Carnival of Competition

Scion

AND I QUOTE
1wMD7q9.jpg

For thousands of years, the Valley of Karajing has lain dormant and undisturbed, as the magical energies of the land kept things verdant and peaceful. And so it remained undisturbed for much while the species of man slowly learned, to walk, to craft and to control the lands. But of course all things eventually come to an end, and the Valley of Karajing's time of peaceful tranquility was no exception. As during the First Era, the time of Establishment, a great and powerful Sovereign Sorcerer, Shao, rose above his competition and began to break the mystical barriers that sealed off the Valley of Karajing from the rest of the world. Upon breaking these barriers and entering with many to colonize the land, he looked upon its luscious and bountiful lands and wept.

It reminded him of his first conquest, where he was able to forge his own destiny and craft a civilization that would serve as a beacon. So as he inaugurated the City of Karajing into being he decreed that this place would foster a great and powerful competition throughout time itself, where merchants, farmers, soldiers anyone who had a talent in anything would strive to be the very best and reap the rewards of success.

While time has passed quite a fair bit from that mythical age, the City of Karajing still holds true to the First Sovereign Shao's decree...

...The Carnival of Competition has once again rolled around, during an alignment of the major stars no less. Who will reap the bounties of the competition this year?

Right so, with that bit of an introduction out of way, hello everyone! What I'm throwing out here is a imperial fantasy based around the legendary traditions of the Karajing Valley, so it'll primarily be focused around the goings on of Karajing City and the surrounding valley. Dare you try to seek out the glorious prizes to be obtained from Karajing Valley?!

If you're interested, drop on by just to say so. Or if you have an questions or comments, feel free to drop those as well!

Dropping by to show my interest with some questions to follow:

1. Will this RP be PVP-oriented in form of competition? If so, could you elaborate a bit about the festivities and what it generally holds (events and such)?
2. Lore-building: Are there magics? Or is it solely traditional martial arts with some fantasy elements? Races / prominent cultures / character origins / histories? I'm guessing this RP is Oriental in style and settings?
3. Will we, the players, be able to have certain liberties to develop lore that surrounds our background and the histories that surrounds the valley? (like folklores and minor details that colors the background: food, society, traditions, etc.)
4. If possible, could you elaborate on what the general plot will be (or is it pretty much focused solely on the carnival/festival)? What is expected of us, and other things that we need to expect in this RP?

Sorry if there are so many things to ask, but I'm just a bit vague-minded at the moment in this RP's progression and general plot line, aside from the focus that you stated. Just wanted to know where it'll go, and stuff like that ^-^'
Scion Scion

.Hey I always enjoy a nice dropping of interest, and I'll gladly answer your questions Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59 !

1.) It'll be both PVP and PVE focused. It is a festival of competition and depending on how players want to go about it, they can compete against each other for events or against NPCs I can drop for it. I'll go into more detail depending on how much interest I get, but I can at least offer a few details. Basically there will be a hodgepodge of various events so that all sorts of characters can participate based on whatever skillset they have.
I'll just bullet point a few I had in mind.
  • Martial Arts (alongside other feats of strength such as tug of war, quickness of breaking objects, etc.)
  • Cattle raising
  • Cook-offs
  • Competitive eating
  • etc.

2.) First off, yes it will be Oriental in its style and setting. There will be magics, after all they are needed in bits of Wuxia, and the First Sovereign was a legendary Sorcerer. As for the detailing and flavor of that magic style, I'd like to keep it flavored like chi and those elements. On the subject of races, humans will be the primary race of the land but they are not the only one, and there are quite a bit of others.

As for predominant cultures and histories, I'll go more into that depending on interest. But for now, basically think of a fantastical version of South-East Asia (and I'll probably throw a bit of Fantasy Russia from afar). This does also tie in a bit to question three.

3.) Yes. Players will absolutely be able to throw pieces of lore and folklore around the valley and various traditions. It is encouraged, I'll find ways to weave them into the world beyond background and after all it is important for players to make an impact in the world.

4.) Expectations wise, mostly just the golden rule and 'be cool'. As for the plot of the story, it will be focused around the festivities. It'll be the main focus and starting point, though after that it could say delve into various conspiracies regarding the land's ancient past, the various magistrates who rule it, Karajing Valley's place in comparison to the rest of the world. Basically right now just focus on trying to achieve glory and honor in the festival.

I hope those answers have helped you for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back