• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

The Jedi Consular

Status
Not open for further replies.
"And you've never been curious about the Light Side? Just seeing what can be done with it?"

Before the Iktotchi has a chance to question you on this line of thinking, you decide to reinforce your sympathy another way. You borrow one of their dirty tricks from earlier, feinting and drawing them in only to savagely beat them back. It's sort of exhilarating, exerting such force. They give you a determined look and try to step up their game to match your changed tactics.

You remind them of your question and they shrug again. They question why they would think of the Light Side, quoting that the Dark Side is power and that power is everything. Now that is a point you can subtly rebut.

You point out that there are a quite a few powerful Jedi Masters, so power can't be only from the Dark Side. They start to fumble a reply about that not being 'true' power but you press the point. You tell them about how the Light Side allows you to have the power to heal coarse through you or the power of pure light. You describe the inner strength that the Light Side can provide.

At the end of your description, they look sceptical but not dismissive. Still, they resolutely reply that the Dark Side can always overpower the Light Side. If it's vessel is strong enough. On the last point you notice the Sith's expression falter before they hit back at you even harder.

You find that, while the pair of you talked, you'd been using the Iktotchi's aggressive stance - a stance unlike your own.

What do you do?

1. Doubt the Sith's claim - challenge them to pit one of their powers against one of yours.
  2. Doubt the claim - offer to show the Sith a Light Side power.
  3. Ask about the 'vessel being strong enough'.
  4. [???] Strike harder - try to win the duel.
  5. Stop holding firm - let yourself loose the duel.
  6. Write in~

Vote here

@White Masquerade @Kiyoko Tomoe @Erbrin @budgieboo @Metalgeardude

"You're sure?"

The Sith nods. You propose, then, that they should test that first hand - you offer to teach them a light side power and they can see if it really is inherently weaker than the dark side powers.

The Iktotchi regards you suspiciously before replying:

"Okay. But you have to do the same."

"I have to learn a light side power?"

"No - you have to let me teach you a dark side power."

What do you say?

1. Agree
  2. [Lie] Agree
  3. Disagree
  4. Write in~

Vote here

@White Masquerade @Kiyoko Tomoe @budgieboo @Erbrin @Metalgeardude

Last edited by a moderator:
You agree to the Sith's terms. There should be no harm in learning one simple power, right? And you are doing the same back, after all. The Iktotchi looks smug and nods.

"So, Jedi-looking-to-be-challenged. What am I learning?"

You take a moment to think.

What do you want to teach?

1. Force Heal
  2. Force Stun
  3. Force Valor
  4. Force Empathy
  5. [???] Ask to be taught first
  6. Write in~

Vote here

@White Masquerade @Kiyoko Tomoe @budgieboo @Metalgeardude @Erbrin

"Well," you start, "I can think of a few powers that padawans usually start with. There's Force Stun or Force Valor or Force Heal. Which one of those do you want?"

That question came out a little harsher than intended, but the Sith appears to be thinking about it. Also they appear a little shocked. It occurrs to you that they've likely never heard of these powers by name before - they may not have even seen them in action.

"I think..." the Iktotchi hesitantly responds, "I'll try Force Valor."

You take the Ikotchi through the steps that the Jedi Masters once guided you through. They stumble through the basic exercises clearly having been trained to take things fast and intense instead of the calm and measured pace that the Jedi encourage. But, after an hour or so, they show marked improvement. They're no better than a Padawan and are in fact worse at the power than many Padawans you know but then again it has only been one lesson. They seem to have some sort of aptitude towards learning the Light Side.

Of course, now that they've shown they can learn, it's your turn. The Sith points this out and you nod, awaiting their verdict on your lesson.

"I want you to learn Force Choke."

Oh well. That's, uh. That's tempting. Except no! That's horrible! But you are trying to win over this Sith's trust...

What do you do?

1. [???] Learn the power
  2. Bargin - say you'll just learn the theory
  3. Refuse - tell them to pick something more 'grey'
  4. Refuse - refuse to learn any dark side power
  5. Flee the scene
  6. Write in~

Vote here

@White Masquerade @Kiyoko Tomoe @Metalgeardude @budgieboo @Erbrin

But no - in the end that's some seriously Dark force power that this Iktotchi is asking you to learn. You'd much prefer to dip your toes into something closer to home.

"That's a little extreme." you try to persuade them, "I don't think I'd even be able to learn such a power in such a small amount of time. I've only been trained in the Light Side, after all."

At their unconvinced and revolted look, you try to amend;

"I don't mean I won't learn a power! Just... something that's more of a middle ground? Something that's not so blatantly Dark?"

The Sith's expression doesn't change, merely glaring at you obviously cross. You feel uncomfortable, like you need to shift on your feet, and you suspect that it's thanks to what the Sith is expressing. After a few tense moments, the Iktotchi replies in a petulant tone.

"Fine. Either you learn Force Choke or you learn Force Crush."

Well, at least you have a choice now. Except... you're not sure you've heard of Force 'Crush' before. Perhaps, a long time ago...?

What do you do?

1. [Knowledge] Try and recall what Force Crush is (flip a coin / 1d2)
  2. [???] Agree to learn Force Crush
  3. [???] Agree to learn Force Choke
  4. Refuse outright
  5. Attack the Iktotchi - try to capture them
  6. Flee the scene
  7. Write in~

Vote here

@White Masquerade @Kiyoko Tomoe @budgieboo @Metalgeardude @Erbrin

"Okay." you concede, "I'll learn Force Crush."

The Sith's expression is, somehow, uninspiring. They nod at you, taking a new stance. You'd think you might feel wary, were you not a trained Jedi.

"Then you'll learn how I learnt."

They reach out on hand and slowly clench. After a few moments, you realise what they're doing - there's an incredible pressure pushing on your skin and pushing on your muscle, like giant hand trying to squish you into a point. Your training stops you from panicking or struggling though you are concerned that you have just walked into a trap an the Sith is about to murder you.

But after a few moments, you realise the pressure isn't strong enough to actually crush you. It is incredibly uncomfortable and if you struggled you think you might hurt yourself against the pressure but...

You don't think this is what Force Crush is meant to be. Not in it's final form. Maybe the Iktotchi was just holding back in favour of teaching you. Otherwise, if the weakness wasn't on purpose...

After a minute, they drop their hand and the pressure leaves you. They look a little disappointed. Nonetheless, they tell you that it's now your turn.

What do you do?

1. [???] Ask for more instruction.
  2. [???] Find an animal, bring it back and Force Crush it.
  3. [???] Force Crush the Iktotchi.
  4. Refuse.
  5. Comment on their weakness.
  6. Write in~

Vote here

You raise you hand, looking for the first thing that you think would be crushable. Your eyes fall on the Iktotchi.

Well, fair is fair, right?

You raise a hand, channelling the Force the apply pressure on the Iktotchi like they did to you. Once you feel you have a grip on them, you focus on how much effort you're putting into it.

How Will You Force Crush?

1. [???] Do your best
  2. Try to match the Iktotchi
  3. Be purposefully weak
  4. [???] Try to do it as hard as possible
  5. Write in~

Vote here

You've always been the sort of student who put their all into their studies. You do so here, clenching your fist and doing your best to Force Crush as hard as possible.

You find the feeling strangely... you're not sure what emotion you'd put to the feeling. Passionate, perhaps?

You find yourself clenching your  fist harder and harder until your nails are digging into your palm. As you feel the sharp sting of pain, you blink a few times and clear your blurring vision. You look up at the Iktotchi.

They appear to be pulled up to their tip-toes and their arms are held tense against their sides, their fingers at awkward angles. They look quite constricted, so you suppose your Force Crush must be working. Then you look at their face.

Their face is bugging out. They're choking. Wait, no, that's not right...

You're choking them!

What do you do!

! Event !
Please roll 1d20 at http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/ and post the results with your vote.

1. Stop your Force Crush.
  2. [Wisdom] Stop your Crush - use Force Heal.
  3. Weaken your Crush.
  4. Keep Crushing them.
  5. Write in~

Vote here

@White Masquerade @Kiyoko Tomoe @Erbrin @Metalgeardude @budgieboo

You stop the Force Crush and...

You stop the...

You...

You're having trouble stopping. The Iktotchi isn't even making choked noises now and you can hear a rib crack under the pressure. You're trying to stop, to unclench your hand but there's some sort of mental block. It just feels so incredible to be exercising this power. After so long of having to control yourself all the tie, finally you can let loose and just use the extent of your power.

After not much more damage you final gain conscious control and stop the Force Crush in one swift motion. The young Iktotchi falls to the ground, clearly unconscious. Worry fluttering in your heart, you fall to your knees beside them and begin to administer a basic Force Heal.

You see their horn reform under your hands and other injuries beginning to heal. But, in the end, you know they need proper medical facilities. You need kolto gel and other supplements if your healing is going to be healthy and long-lasting. Also you're feeling a little weak after expending all that Force energy. You don't think your Force Heal is quite up to scratch at the moment.

You're feeling a little dizzy, too. A stray thought crosses your mind - that if you could just feel that release of power again, maybe you wouldn't be so dizzy. You're not sure where that thought came from.

What do you do?

1. Carry the Iktotchi back to the temple - take them to a med bay.
  2. Carry the Iktotchi back to the temple - turn them in to your superiors.
  3. Leave the Iktotchi here - go get help.
  4. Wait until the Iktotchi wakes - guard them.
  5. [Light Side] Wait until the Iktotchi wakes - meditate.
  6. [???] Wait until the Iktotchi wakes - let off some steam.
  7. Write in~

Vote here

@White Masquerade @Kiyoko Tomoe @Metalgeardude @budgieboo @Erbrin

You're not sure that you should move them while they're unconscious like this. Nor does it seem right to bring them into the Jedi temple while they're knocked-out, even if that was the mission you were tasked with. It would be too much like kidnapping and you can't quite bring yourself to do that. Especially not after what you did.

You need to wait for them to regain consciousness - hopefully your rudimentary healing will allow for that much. In the mean time, perhaps you could stop this dizziness and calm yourself. You sit down beside the Iktotchi's form in a relax pose and lull yourself into meditation.

During your meditation you let your feelings wash over you, letting them pass undisturbed, and you allow yourself to become one with the Force. It takes some time, but eventually you discern what has having you feel so off - the Force flowing through you does not have the usual Light Side feel. Well, most of the Force still feels like the Light Sided power you use to fuel yourself but dribbling in are some threads of what you can only guess is the Dark Side. It feels alluringly nice to have it flowing through your being but even aside from that there's something... right about having it intermingle with your usual Light Force energy.

Nonetheless, all the Jedi Masters tell you that the Dark Side is unhealthy, so you spend some time trying to cleanse yourself of the energy.

[ + Plus Light Side attribute ]

After what you're sure is a long and deep meditation session, a jolt of alarm pulls you back to reality. Just in time, you roll back away from the Lightsaber that has come swinging at you.

On your knees and defence, you look up and are unsurprised to see your attacker. The Iktotchi doesn't look too pleased.

What do you do?

1. Flee deeper into the ruins.
  2. Beg for forgiveness.
  3. Blame them.
  4. Calmly apologise.
  5. Ignore their anger - tell them that they need to come with you.
  6. Ignore their anger - keep talking as if you hadn't hurt them.
  7. Attempt to physically restrain them.
  8. Write in~

Vote here

@White Masquerade @Kiyoko Tomoe @Erbrin @Metalgeardude @budgieboo

You're not shaking anymore, not dizzy. You have regret in your heart but you've mostly accepted it. You will meditate with friends later to absolve the rest. For now - you know what to do. What to say. You will give this Sith no leeway but- you will give them mercy.

You stand, your lightsaber threatening in one hand but unignited. You stare them dead in the eye - their blazing gaze looks back at you. You speak.

"I use your powers better than you do. Isn't that a little embarrassing?"

The Sith growls and lunges forward but you buffer them back with a firm Force Push. You continue;

"It's almost as if learning from the Sith makes you weak. Learn from me - I will be your master. I can teach you the ways of the Jedi and you will be stronger than ever before."

The Sith has not stopped lunging at you, despite your rebuff, and even when you finish talking they continue to try and reach you. It takes little of your energy and concentration to push them back each time. You make another comment, pointing out how they can't even break through your Push. They give an extra shout and continue their attempts.

After a few minutes, they're huffing with exhaustion. You, noticeably, are not. They sink to their knees before you.

"Then kill me. I am weak - so kill me."

You walk up with soft footfalls and lean down to offer them a hand up. They look up at you with disbelief.

"Your first lesson: Show mercy - the weak do not inherently deserve to be slaughtered."

Disbelief remains in their eyes.

"Please. Join me. Let me show you what we have to offer." you think it's safe to take a softer tone, now.

After a few moments, the Iktotchi takes your hand. They stand and nod. You think, now, that what was disbelief in their eyes has turned to awe and hope. You both stand facing each other, hand-in-hand.

What do you do?

1. Lead them back to the temple - tell the Masters that you have found your first Padawan.
  2. Lead them back to the temple - turn them in to the mercy of your Masters.
  3. Lead them back to the temple - turn them in but recommend that they be placed with the Padawans/Younglings.
  4. Take them to a new temple - don't tell your Masters where you've taken them.
  5. Hide them in a local town - promise to train them away from the eyes of your Masters.
  6. Write in~

Vote here

You lead the them by the hand back out of the ruins, through Typhon and back to the Jedi temple. When you arrive the council that you are to report to is, thankfully, available. You enter their chamber and present your findings. One of the Masters removes the Iktotchi from your hand (with only some resistance on both your parts) and leads them to a conjoined room. With them now out of hearing, the council commends you on your work.

One of the Master's step forward and addresses you. They ask you what you think "the Sith's" chance of redemption is. It is now that you proclaim that you have found your first Padawan. You remind the council that you hold enough rank to take on your own student and assure them that this was not a light-hearted decision. You say that the Iktotchi has been taught only the ways of the Sith but shows strong signs of being open to learning the ways of the Jedi. But, in your opinion, they will be most receptive to your instruction. Thus they will be your student to teach.

The Jedi Master whom had addressed you on the matter nods and takes a step back to talk with the other Masters. After a few long minutes of discussion, they turn back to you. They tell you that they will support your decision but they will be keeping an eye on the pair of you. One reminds you that attachment is not the way of the Jedi. You nod in acceptance of the warning, but your heart swells.

You have your Padawan and the Iktotchi has their second chance.

.: The End :.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back