• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Jabberwocky's Feast (CLOSED)

- Mine Entrance -

The taco was bewildered, then his brows furrowed in suspicion. "Wh-why are ya being nice to me?"

Katsuya Katsuya

Last edited:
- Ella Cake -

The pancake knight softened her smile, now relaxed and inviting. “Because you seemed tired of doing something dangerous only to lose everything you worked for.”

She looked over to Belgi and the villagers with and awkward grin. The healer would recognize that grin; it’s the same grin that she always gives whenever she’s about to help one of the so called ‘enemies’ again.

“Besides I rather not hurt anybody else when it’s not needed.”

Zer0 Zer0

- Belgi Galletes -
" Mine Entrance "

"Hmmm." Taco boss looked at Ella in a scrutinizing way. He glanced at the ground in thought, then at the mysterious mirror, then at the townsfolk who had overheard Ella's conversation and were also shocked that she was showing mercy. To them, it seemed that they'd rather have the taco hang. But there was much respect for her after rescuing them that they merely grumbled and didn't really oppose her nor support her. The taco seemed to be mulling over his chances of survival.

"Illegal's all I know . . . I mean, there ain't so much gold in honest work, but I don't fancy losin' everything again, hmmm . . ."

Belgi, who had limped back in the mine in a hurry, looking all over the place, spotted Ella then breathed a sigh of relief. The peanut siblings closed the mine gates again. The other townsfolk, now having their fill of grub, came and looked him over, but Belgi reassured them that he'll be fine and asked them what happened, as he pulled out some healing potions from his pockets. He leaned against the wall beside the sleeping egg toast, uncorked the red bottles and chugged them, listening to what they were saying. Soft ember light enveloped his leg and crumbled cookie bits and they started to reform until his wounds were healed, the scars looking like they were many weeks old.

"Alright, I'll try it." said the Taco finally. "I don't know what I'm gonna be, but if it means living through this and a chance for getting back on my feet again I'll take your offer . . . Miss Cake." he added more politely.

Suddenly the townsfolk around Belgi gave a cry of cheer, loudly spreading the news that the reinforcements outside were defeated and they can safely go back to their town. cathcing snatches of their conversation, Belgi was saying there were still patrols on the roads far from here and the town was still under the Jabberwocky's control, but the townsfolk were optimistic, saying that they have weapons to which they could arm the town with and retake it. They know their forest and know how to get back into town without using the main road.

After a while of talking, Belgi retrieved his things from the sack by the barrels, then he, the Peanut Siblings, and the egg toast whom Belgi gave a healing potion to, came up to Ella and the Taco Boss. "Zey are planning to go back to ze town and start a coup with all ze weapons and supplies." said Belgi, looking at the Taco for a moment, then back at Ella. "Zey know a way to avoid the patrols and are going to go now."

The peanut siblings all nodded and knelt, taking Ella's hand in turn. "Thank you for saving us, Miss Cake, Gerome, and Mister Belgi. If there's anything you'd like for us to do or any supplies you wanna take before we head out, just say so, we are in your debt. We promise that once things settle down on our end in town, we'll send folk to help."

"I won't go with them." said the egg toast tiredly, but with much more life than when Ella first saw him. "I'll help you two defeat the Jabberwocky, if you'll have me. I'm an enchanter and the town librarian. I'm not a warrior, but I want to rescue my friends too, so please let me come with you, Miss Cake."

"Zis one was insisting to come." said Belgi, looking at the short toast. "I told 'im no, and also ze townsfolk, no, but zey insist on helping and coming back later."

"I can help with liberating the town!" said Taco helpfully, "But you gotta promise you ain't gonna hang me! I know Smog the Vast, I can talk to him, talk to all them gobblers, and you can ambush them or something."

"You gave me zat grin again earlier, Ella." said Belgi to her. "What do we do with zis taco?"

Hp: 8/8 | Armor: 3| Damage: 6+1| Energy: 8
Buffs:
Debuffs: Blind -1d6 to sight rolls​

Spice: 1
Sweetness: 4
Savory: 3
Consistency: 4

Special Ability: Soothing Hym
Heal Hp = 1d4 + as many energy points you want to spend.​

Equipped Items:

Gold: 56
Inventory: 18 Slots
  1. Frogs Legs Armor | ● +2 Savory.
  2. x2 Healing potion | ● Heals 1d4 Hp
  3. x6 Dynamite |Deal 3d6 damage to everyone in an area
  4. Red Chili Hood | ● +2 Spice
  5. Net
  6. Everburning Candle | Never goes out. Do not place inside bag. Belgi has this inside a black painted bottle.
  7. Bell of Cat Summoning | Summons 1d10 ordinary house cats. You have no control over them, they just do what cats do and usually bugger off if you don't have any food.
  8. Piña Colada | +3 Sweetness
Katsuya Katsuya

Last edited:
- Ella Cake -

Ella sighed in relief when she saw Belgi was okay, chugging down health potions to fix himself up. “Thank goodness you’re okay, my good friend.”

She smiled, leaning over to untie the taco as she listened to the townsfolk and her friend, Belgi. Confidence brewed within her blueberry eyes. “I say that if they are willing, then the townsfolk should give it a try. Same if Sir Taco is willing to help them. Better chances on saving their home —— Ah, I’m hoping to send a letter to my family about having a new employee, Belgi. After we finish the Jabberwocky.”

“That is, of course, if Sir Taco is willing to try working under my father or brother with the business negotiations.”

Her family may not listen to her or let her come back after running away, but she is sure that they will give Taco a chance. After all, her father, though strict, is a fair pastry.

“An enchanter . . . So does that mean you can unlock doors?” She asked the egg toast. Then she asked the both toast and taco. “What are your names?”

Hp: 8 | Armor: 4| Damage: 6+4| Energy: 8
Buffs:
Debuffs:

Spice: 5
Sweetness: 4
Savory: 4
Consistency: 4

Special Ability:
"Critical Strike!"
- State a number between 1 to 6, if it comes up during the roll deal double damage.

“Ambush!”
- At the start of battle, +1d6 to unaware or distracted targets. Cost: 0 energy

Equipped Items:

Gold: 96
Inventory: 13 Slots
  1. Ring of Keys
  2. Papers | Important notes and written orders from higher ranking lackeys, including spare blank papers.
  3. Quill and Ink
  4. Gum |● Just gum.
  5. Mysterious Red Gem
  6. Foreman's Badge | A mark that signified taco's rank among the Jabberwocky's lackeys.
  7. X3 Water balloons
  8. Nightmare fuel- use when enemies sleep
  9. Eye bone - it’s how she found Cream Cheese, little dude follows her everywhere no
  10. Healing potion - she got it from Dr. Tiramisu
  11. Hooked whip | +1d6 to intimidate gobblers of lesser rank

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
- Belgi Galletes -
" Mine Entrance "

Belgi gave Ella the thumbs up, as he chugged the potions.

The taco rubbed his wrist and looked at ease just sitting there with Ella, though still wary at the townfolk who were still giving him grouchy looks. Belgi chuckled at how normal Ella spoke about finishing the Jabberwocky.

"Zat is ze spirit." he smiled. "Of course, Ella, ve can stop over Lasagné City on our vay back home and send a courrier." Her casual confidence seemed to reassure the townsfolk too as they relaxed. They murmured to each other about definitely coming back and began hauling weapons and supplies atop a wagon.

"Hey, if it's a good start with a clean slate I'm all for it, Ms. Cake." said the Taco spreading his arms in welcome. He stood up and wiped the dried red jelly and dust off his clothes.

Meanwhile the egg toast sat down wearily, but still listened, cracking a tired smile when Ella asked him of he could unlock doors. "Yes, I can, and maybe I can help with the enchantment White is under in. I overheard that she wants to be free?"

"How in the world did you hear that? I was whispering." asked the Taco surprised, but the toast ignored him. Seems the enchanter was still sore about what the Taco did to them.

"Ah, my name is Frittata, but you can call me Frit." he reached out to shake Ella and Belgi's hands. Belgi wiped his jelly stained hand first before shaking.

"Nice to meet you, Frit." said Belgi.

"I'm Pico Gallo." said the Taco who didn't bother to shake hands probably because he was aware most of the folks here still didn't like him. "Welp, I should, uh, probably go help." he glanced at the wagon and went over to them. Two of the peanut siblings pulled him aside and whispered with menacing looks shaking the wooden spears threateningly. Pico just gulped and nodded and the siblings followed him to the cart and kept a careful watch on him all the while.

When the townfolk were ready, they gave last good-byes and good-lucks to the heroes, before opening the gate and then leaving the mine. Belgi wasn't sure if they should close it. I mean, if they rescue more people they may need the gate open to esape. Then again there was the keep up atop the mountain. Enemies could come down and come in from the mine entrance. It was a pickle, but for now he just left it open.

Now it was only Ella, Belgi, Gerome and Frit. What do the heroes do?

Katsuya Katsuya

- Ella Cake -
“Mine Entrance”

“It’s nice meeting the both of you! I’m Ella and this is Belgi!”

She smiled as they made their introductions; her eyes glinted in subtle wonder when Frit affirmed his skill with magic, shaking his hand. “That’s a wonderful plan. If you can free White, then she’ll finally leave the mirror —- and one less helper of the Jabberwocky should she agree.” The pancake knight wasn’t worried about the potential danger that might come with trusting others. She had fought with people who were bad guys in society’s view and she has fought with them because they are usually not that bad of people. They just happen to have a hard time and had to go to horrible means in order to stabilize themselves; she understood that very well.

It’s why she wanted to help Pico by giving him a stable footing.

“Don’t worry. As long you help them, they’ll stop glaring at you soon enough.” Ella mumbled to the taco before he left, waving her hand goodbye like a mom who just dropped off her son to school. “Bye, everyone! Remember to kick their butt for me when you win your homes again!”

She cheered then she turned to rest of the group, grinning as she curtsies as a lady of a court. Her honey-covered dipper halberd, which was tucked on her berry bag’s strap, glistened from the sun’s rays as if a reminder that she’s a fighter. “Now then, shall we continue our mission?”

Straightening up, Ella calmly walked to the giant mirror. With a gentle knock on the smooth and cooling surface, the pancake knight waited patiently for the pale face to appear. An offer in mind and a hope for a new ally.

Zer0 Zer0

- Mine -
" Mysterious Giant Mirror "
There was no answer. The solid surface of the giant mirror remained cool, reflecting the dark torch-lit caverns and the arrow riddled gummies of the fallen gobblers and leafy grunts who failed to make their escape earlier. The mirror was framed in a towering stone archway that reached high up the dark rocky ceiling. The masonry showed little wear as though it was built not but a few months ago, but the runes carved around it were ancient and dotted with that symbol of a circle surrounded by broken rings.

Knowlede Check Feel free to make a Sweetness roll to see if your character understands the ancient runes.

There was a whisper behind Ella. Frit asked Belgi if he could carry him for a while as he was still sleepy, and the matador cookie stepped up beside the pancake knight with the egg toast dozing a little on his back, kind of sitting on his backpack with his arms resting around Belgi's cookie hat.

Silence.

" I sink ve vill 'ave to break zis --- " began Belgi, when suddenly the glass blackened, and the large white feminine mask reappeared; the matador gripped his axuitar, cautious, ready to defend them if need be.

White gazed down at the three heroes with hollow empty eyes, she had a slow thoughtful steady expression, calm, just taking her time. "Good morrow, strangers from afar." she said politely, her voice small despite being so large in the mirror that one had to lean a little or come closer to hear. She sounded like someone around Ella's age. "Pray do tell, w-who art thou, wherest do you hail, and why have thou cometh armed like raiders, robbing and slaying my master's servants?"

Her voice faltered a little. It sounded a bit monotone as though she were reading lines.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Ella Cake -

As she waited, the pancake knight took a quick look at the curious-looming markings around the mirror; wondering what it said. Before she could try to take a closer look and listening to Belgi stopped mid sentence, a white face appeared. Her blueberry eyes blinked in surprise from the old speak, leaning in closer to hear better.

“My name is Ella, this is Belgi, and Mr. Frit. We’re here to help the terrified townsfolk near here and to stop your master from whatever he is doing to the lands. ” Ella replied honestly. “We want to help you too, if you let us of course. We’re not raiders.”

Zer0 Zer0

- Mine -

The ancient runes read:

"Spice of the royal daughter, willingly given, you will go on forever behind the mirror!

Rasberry eyes of the shieldmaiden, willingly sacrificed, your eyes will never fail and you will see what cannot be seen.

Jelly of the enemy, forcibly taken, you cannot break free from your foe.

This is the oath of Charlotte the Brave, Princess of the House of Raspberry, guardian of the Deceiver's Gate.”

White listened to Ella guardedly, then looked to the side as though pondering. "I am White, Lady of the Mirror. You . . . you knoweth . . . I deeply desire to get out . . ." she said as though wondering how in the world this stranger knew that.

"Yes, ve also 'ave friends to save and my dog." added Belgi. Suddenly he clapped a hand to his forehead as though he just remembered something, jolting Frit awake, as he twirled around to look at Ella. "Ella! I forgot to ask ze townsfolk if zey saw Oreo! Augh! I could kick myself!"

" . . . What assurance have you to give that you will not abandon me here, Ella, Frit, and Belgi?" said White slowly. " Long are the days gone when cookies and cakes would die to uphold their oaths. What more, you do not seem like masters of the arcane, I doubt you could free me. Even my master does not know how yet. Still, my hope lies in the success of his endeavor, unless you could showeth me something, anything, a clue, a key to my escape. Still, I believe that you are not evil folk. Only death awaits you beyond my mirror. Go home, get your loved ones as far away from this land as possible."

"E-excuse me, White" said Frit, "but I am an enchanter. If you give me time to find the spellbooks they stole from me in the mine and learn the meanings of these runes and how you came to be bound, I can try to help you."

"The people of my home are long dead. No one can read these runes and even I have forgotten. I don't even remember how my beloved home was burried under this mountain and why I am alone. If I help you, my master won't help me."

"Zen ve vill break ze mirror and come back with Frit's books and prove ve are serious about getting you out too." said Belgi, starting to strum his axuitar.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Ella Cake -

When Belgi mentioned Oreo, Ella groaned as well. Disappointed in herself for forgetting to ask the villagers about the canine companion. “I’m so sorry, my dear friend. I had forgotten as well. —- hm?” She looked back at White, listening to what everyone was saying.

Proof? White wants proof . . . But what can they do? Maybe it wouldn’t hurt to try to read the runes?

“. . .” The pancake knight took a closer look at the runes, listening to Belgi stringing his axuiter. “Ahhh~ your name is not White.”

Ella spoke warmly, not realizing the odd echo that vibrated with her own voice while reading, as if another voice was saying along with.

Spice of the royal daughter, willingly given, you will go on forever behind the mirror! Raspberry eyes of the shieldmaiden, willingly sacrificed, your eyes will never fail and you will see what cannot be seen. Jelly of the enemy, forcibly taken, you cannot break free from your foe. This is the oath of Charlotte the Brave, Princess of the House of Raspberry, guardian of the Deceiver's Gate. —- that’s very brave of you, Charlotte!”

Zer0 Zer0

- Mine -

Both Frit and Belgi were dumbfounded Ella could read the ancient runes.

Suddenly shadow hands clutched Charlotte's face, obscuring the white mask, as she startled, grunting in pain with her mask bowed. It was as though she was having a severe headache; the blackness of the mirror rippled like a large pond suddenly pelted by rain, tearing white rippling gaps in the blackness and mask, revealing behind them like a window, glimpses of a white room surrounded by mirrors of all kinds. And there in the center was a raspberry girl in a royal white dress, bowed down on a bed, clutching her head in pain.

"Ella, vat did you do?!" said Belgi, alarmed, strumming jazz. His axuitar glowed white hot, then a large white arcane shield blossomed in front of them, grinning with Belgi's face; Frit, looking panicked, hugged Belgi's hat.

The mirror flickered, flashing different caverns: a gargantuan one twinkling with many torchlights in the dark, lighting a crooked rickety shanty of wood and stone where hundreds of gobblers thronged; a hallway of cages where prisoners were being tortured, and there were the slumped figures of the Knights of the Sweets Table!; a large fighting pit where a poofy dog was fighting a snarling vombat; many chambers filled with townsfolk and slaves from other places digging and mining ruins; a floating rock where a large glowing statue of that symbol of a circle with broken rings was being hammered and repaired by gobblers; a webbed tunnel that had eight eyes and eight giant hairy legs poking out of it; and a viny opening that looked down upon a vast ruined city lit by crystals and giant bioluminescent mushrooms.

"Oreo!" gasped Belgi. And he instinctually leapt forward, vanishing into the mirror with Frit.

Dash Check! If you choose to go into the mirror, please roll a savory check that requires 2 successes. Accomplishing this means ending up where you want to be. Failure means ending up in a random place, Critical failure means -Hp and ending up in a random place.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Ella Cake -
“Into the mirror, we go!”

“Charlotte?!” She gasped loudly.

Ella stepped back in surprise, hand automatically on her dipper halbert as she watched the dark hands taking the white mask down. Her blueberry eyes widened in horror and grief.

“I don’t know! She wanted proof and I thought the runes would be good.” Guess not, she thought, her brows raised as she saw all the different tunnel-ways within the mirror. That’s what she gets for reading familiar runes! Was she not supposed to read them out loud?! Argh!!

“Belgi! Mr.Frit!” The pancake knight reached out to grab onto them and yelped when she felt a pull. Suddenly sucked into the mirror.

Zer0 Zer0

- White's Room -
"Mirror World"

"Ms. Cake!" Frit's hand flung and grabbed on to hers, as Belgi gagged, the egg toast's other arm around his neck, as he wildly tried to keep his balance. They stumbled in, the surface of the mirror like a cool silky curtain of water, as they passed through, and emerged in a room of white surrounded by many mirrors.

And there was the raspberry girl in the royal white dress, suddenly looking up at the three in shock from her bed as they stumbled in, Belgi plopping on his bum and Frit rolling off him. They had come from a mirror that was the exact shape of the one in the mine, but without any stone arches. The white room was strange. They and the raspberry girl were the only ones that had shadows, everything else had none. There was no ceiling, no floor at least that they could see, no walls, no end to the whiteness for as far as they could tell, but they could feel the floor on their feet as hard and cold as marble. There was no sun, the light just seemed to be coming from everywhere.

All the mirrors seemed to be floating, gracefully turning slowly in a circle around the bed which was the only furniture in the room. They were all currently showing the happenings of different places like a window. Some had gobblers just passing by without a care, some had lackeys knocking on the mirror mouthing 'White! White! What happened?' bewildered why the mirrors suddenly stopped working.

Charlotte was staring at Ella. "I remember." she whispered, still clutching her head. "I remember. Oh thank you!"

She suddenly got up and rushed to Ella to leap and hug her.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Ella Cake -
“Inside of White’s mirror”

“Ahhhh —- Oof!”

The pancake knight landed on her bum, bouncing a bit as her flapjack armor wiggled from the force of the pull. Gasping as she tried to understand what just happened until she felt a hand around her thin wrist and looked where the owner was.

“M-mr. Frit! Belgiii- eep!” She squeaked like a mouse, an unusual sound coming from her of all foods, as she flailed. Then she quickly stood up and lunged forward to catch Charlotte, landing on her side so that she doesn’t hit the floor.

“Y-you’re welcome, Charlotte —- mrfp!” Ella grunted in the hug before squeezing back. “Now mind explaining what just happened?” She was still confused as to what was going on. “And are we safe in here?”

The pancake knight stared at the window that had the bewildered lackeys knocking on the mirror. Seems like they can’t see what’s going on inside.

Zer0 Zer0

- White's Room -
"Mirror World"

"Iz everyone alright?" said Belgi looking at the two. "Mr. Frit, do not grab my neck like zat aga---"

And he was cut off when Charlotte suddenly yelled thank you and hugged Ella; Frit was bewildered at the affection and looked as surprised as Belgi who just like Ella looked like he didn't understand what just happened either.

"You are indeed safe! Alas, I have been a milk-livered fool!" said Charlotte, looking at Ella with watery eyes, then she suddenly burst out crying; Belgi and Frit looked even more alarmed. "You . . . I know not how, but, Fair Ella, the moment thy words left thy lips I remembered who I am! I am the Gate Keeper, and for a moment I lost control over the mirrors. It's how you came to be here. No one has ever been here before." She touched Ella's face and hands and arms. "I have not felt another cake for more than a thousand years . . . AND I HAVE BEEN AIDING THE JABBERWOCKY FREE MY ENEMY --- AAARGGH!" She wrung her hands in the air. She looked like she believed she was the most dim-witted cake in all of the land and was half crying, half infuriated with herself.

"Okay." said Belgi, getting up calmly and helping Frit up. "Take deep breaths, Charlotte. It iz okay." he kneeled next to the two cakes.

"NO TIS NOT!" she said looking at Belgi incredulously. "ZER --- PARDON --- THERE IS MUCH TO DO IMMEDIATELY!"

"No, I mean, I am trying to make you calm so zat ve can talk ." he raised his hands placatingly. "Ve need to decide vat to do now and ve need information. Ver is ze Jabberwocky?"

Charlotte took deep breaths and released her hold on Ella. She sat there on the floor, slowly becoming calm again. "He is digging in the Atrium." she pointed at the mirror showing the chamber with the floating rock that had the massive ruin of a circle surrounded by broken rings. "I know not when he will return. I-I needst make the mirrors work again or they will surely become worried or suspicious." She rubbed the tears out of her eyes and looked up at the mirrors where crowds of the Jabberwocky's lackeys have gathered, complaining and yelling, unable to continue with their daily work.

"Uh, wait they can't come here!" Began Frit, but Charlotte blinked and then her eyes glowed with arcane light.

In a fraction of a second, runes lit up around them and a magic circle appeared in front of them like a cone of many colors; the edges of the mirrors in the room began to glow in different colors, but two always had the same color like a pair; Charlotte looked like she was seeing something they couldn't see and suddenly the gobblers knocking on the mirrors fell into them, but instead of appearing in her room, they appeared on the other side of a mirror with the same color as its pair. The lackeys were bewildered.

"I must soon come up with a lie to explain my sudden lapse," she said, "but my emotions are coursing through me like bubbling wine and wild spice." she took deeper breaths and then poked Belgi's cheek as though touching was comfort to her.

Time continued to pass outside the mirrors. Some were still trying to contact White while others just moved along still curious as to what happened; in the arena where Oreo was, the injured fluffy dog was wrestling with the vombat, scratching and biting while gobblers cheered and threw stones to rile up the foodimals even more in the fighting pit. Oreo was whining, trying to escape. Meanwhile, a lackey who looked like someone of higher rank pushed aside the gobblers and was demanding White to show herself; in another mirror those who had been torturing prisoners looked like they had no idea what was happening and were still continuing as normal; Belgi kept staring restlessly at the mirror showing his dog; while Frit kept looking at the mirror showing slaves and townsfolk mining.

"I have calmed." said White. "Vat do ve do? How do I help you defeat him?"

Boss Room The boss room is now open. You are free to fight the boss any time you like.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Ella Cake -
“Inside Charlotte’s mirror”

“I-I see — hm?” She sat still as Charlotte poked and touched her limbs, thinking that perhaps she is just happy to touch again. Her theory proven by hearing her muttering of awe and tears.

Tears that alarmed Ella and shocked at how quickly she can shift emotions. Her blueberry eyes glanced at Belgi and Frit before looking back at the raspberry cake.

“A-ah well ... those runes reminded me of the strange letters I read when I was younger. In my father’s journal.” She muttered, unsure if she should admit that bit of knowledge. “But I am glad that you’re free from the Jabberwocky’s odd spell.”

As Ella silently took in all the torment and abuse, hearing Oreo’s pained whining and the screams of the innocent, her temper flared. Her eyes narrowed into slits and her hands curled into fists. Still she stayed in her place on the floor as she listened to everyone, glaring the lackeys. What really made up her mind is seeing her friend worried for Oreo and Frit eager to release his town’s people.

“We have two choices.” She raised a hand, making a ‘v’ sign with her fingers. “One: we go to each room and release everyone as we go along —- I say we start with the knights because they can help us free everyone, including Oreo a lot faster before going to the Jabberwocky.”

“Or Two: We head straight to the Jabberwocky. We cut the head of the snake and the rest of the scum with scatter. Leaving everyone alone and letting us free them. What do the both of you think?” Ella proposed before growling eagerly; looking more like a kid from the streets than a knight.

“Personally, I rather go to every room and punch.each.one. But that is just me ....”

Zer0 Zer0

- White's Room -
"Mirror World"

"In thy father's journal . . . " repeated Charlotte thoughtfully, rubbing her teary eyes. "Tis as though you were descended from my people . . . How pleasantly surprising fate is if that were true . . ." she said looking at the floor wistfully. "Spell? No, t'was not the Jabberwocky who cast the enchantment. " She looked down in thought as though trying to remember, and she looked like she was disappointed with herself again."T'was I. I could bear no longer the loneliness in my heart and the weight of my duty after a thousand years. I did want to escape this place, I still do," said Charlotte at them all, "though I know I can't leave this place unguarded . . . But that is for later. Yes, now we plan for the present." she wiped all her tears away and looked more determined. "I agree to your plan, Fair Ella, the knights would be of great help to you."

Frit laughed a little. "I would like to punch each one too, but I agree with freeing the knights first."

Belgi looked torn between what is most tactical and saving his dog.

"Oh! Wait a moment! I remember! There is a trap!" said Charlotte quickly.

The arcane circle glowed again and one particular mirror, the one that showed the ancient city glowing with bioluminescent mushrooms floated down. There, lackeys started peeking out of the shadows. Lackeys that had been in hiding and now were wondering what was going on.

"I was to send you there." said White. "When you go through. That's not happening anymore. I think they are getting suspicious of me." She looked like she was running out of time.

Suddenly, at a loud doggy yelp and a cheer from the gobblers in the pit, Belgi stood up, shaking in rage and pain as his dog went limp and the vombat shook him around like a ragdoll in its mouth. "I cannot. I --- I have to go to Oreo, I have to go to him now." he said, striding forward for the mirror.

"Wait, are we splitting the party?" asked Frit. "Mr. Belgi, I can see how your dog is very important to you, but the townsfolk need you more, the knights need you more, we need you more. They're people --- I'm not saying dogs aren't important," Frit hastily added, when Belgi looked as though Frit was telling him to abandon his best friend, " but if you reveal your presence, it may be harder to free the knights and everyone else. We have the opportunity now while the Jabberwocky is still busy. He might come out and we may not be able to go through the mirror and help the knights."

"I agree ze knights are best, but Oreo cannot die. I vill go alone if I must." said Belgi.

Katsuya Katsuya

Last edited:
- Ella Cake -

Flinching from Oreo’s pained yelp, the flapjack knight looked over to watch the vicious scene and held her breathe. Her pale cheeks turned red.

“Mr. Frit, please go with Belgi to save Oreo.” Ella said, her voice trembled. Her brows furrowed. “I will get to the knights at the same time. That way, we’ll rescue a dear friend and the knights.”

As much as she wanted to go with Belgi to save dear Oreo, they need to plan this smartly. Hopefully with the group split-up, they can surprise the enemy and free everyone with minimum injuries. Ella is quite aware that she is optimistic about this, anything can go wrong, but their job is a daily hazard. It’s practically a requirement to take risks—- or that’s what she tells herself at times.

“It might actually be therapeutic —— please give them a punch for me?” Ella nodded towards the dog ring, indicating the horrible creatures that forcing Oreo to fight.

Zer0 Zer0

byung-ju-bong-01.jpg

- Prison Dungeon -
"Mine"

"Oh, I vill punch zem alright." huffed Belgi, and stepped forward in front of the fighting pit mirror, but Frit didn't follow him.

"I'm sorry, but, I'll go with you, Miss Ella." said the eggtoast, and stood beside her. "I am not risking my life for a dog." he shook his head.

Belgi didn't look offended at his decision, but just nodded. "I vill meet you two back here. If it doesn't go according to plan, vell, I sink ze best place to hide is zat big city." he pointed at the ruins. "Me and Oreo vill go there in case things go awry. And here." he fished out five gold coins from his pocket.

Running a hand across them and singing words of enchantment, the gold coins glowed orange hot for a moment, and then died down. He gave one coin each to Charlotte, Frit, and three to Ella. The head side of the coin had changed and showed Belgi's huffing face. Charlotte and Frit looked at him puzzled for a moment.

Belgi closed his eyes. "I can speak through ze coins, hear, and see through zem." spoke the five coins and the matador cookie at the same time.

"Goodness!" said Charlotte surprised, marveling at the coin.

"Don't lose zem. I can only make six. Ze extra two, Ella, are for ze knights or whoever you vish to give zem too. I can only observe you if I am actively using ze coins. If I do not respond it means I am busy and am not aware of you. I vill check in every 5 minutes. You vill hear a mouse squeak from ze coin. You do not have to respond if you are busy. In case it's not safe to talk, squeak back at me or say zat it iz a bad day and I vill not talk for 10 minutes. Ella knows all ze code words I use, she vill teach you."

Frit and Charlotte nodded. And with that Belgi stepped through the mirror, quickly whacking the two guards flanked on either side with his axuitar, then dragging them both into the shadows where the torchlight didn't reach.

Meanwhile, in the mirror that showed the interrogation room where the knights were still being tormented, three unconscious jellied knights were flung back into their cages in the hallway by two tough looking tattooed potatoes. At the end of the hallway where there were instruments of torture: graters, an orange hot frying pan over a fire pit, skewers, and acidic vinegar, was a large sumo bun, washing its hands clean of the jelly, and looking like he seems to be finishing up. There was still one knight inside that chamber, a familiar cherry topped cream puff, Sir Percival. He was looking up defiantly at the sumo bun, who had a wooden spoon in hand. They were talking and the sumo laughed, then dipped the wooden spoon in the hot pan where he scooped up what looked like oil, and poured it slowly on the knight's licorice arm, beginning to melt it.

As far as Ella could tell, there were only three enemies inside, and one of the potatoes, the bigger one, had a ring of keys.

How does leh pancake knight proceed?

Katsuya Katsuya

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back