• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Jabberwocky's Feast (CLOSED)

I
Created at
Index progress
Complete

Sit down, relax, have a cup of tea~

Zer0

Haiku Hitman
WDWIR03.jpg
- The Jabberwocky's Feast -
" Overview "

1545628904058.png

Welcome to The Jabberwocky's Feast! A short, slow-paced, action and adventure roleplay that focuses on going inside a dungeon-like castle and getting through all the baddies and the dreaded Jabberwocky inside to be victorious!

This is all happening in a country of food where our heroes are a party of entrees, main courses, and desserts who have distinguished themselves through feats of wit, might, and skill. They have felled powerful foes, discovered great wonders, and helped people live their lives in peace.

Word of our good reputation has reached the troubled town of Creamcrust. The townsfolk have been plagued by the tyrannical Jabberwocky, giving up their crops and livestock, their children and young folk taken away to do forced labor for the evil monstah who has refused to give them back to their families.

For over half a year, the Jabberwocky has had them working in his keep in the Rocky Road Mountains where he has dug a mine. They don't know what they are digging for. No carts of ore or any living thing comes out of it except for his gobbler lackeys. But whatever it is they are doing, the mine is dumping a foul liquid that reeks of corrupted magic. It is rotting the forest, and polluting the river, making the townsfolk sick.

In the letter their mayor, Mr. Mayor, sent, the townsfolk just want their families back safe and sound, and if possible have the Jabberwocky gone too. They are willing to pay whatever price to see it done, and have sent a ragged chest offering the meager belongings they have left for the job. Most of their treasures have been taken to the keep, and they are giving our party free reign over whatever they find. They only ask for food from the keep enough to keep their town fed during this oncoming winter season.

Our story starts with our party secretly making their way into the captured town of Creamcrust where the Jabberwocky's lackeys roam, bullying the townsfolk to meet their weekly quota of food and supplies to be sent to the keep. Mr. Mayor and the elders have summoned us for a secret meeting in the house of Dr. Tiramisu where they will tell us in greater detail all that they know, including a secret passage into the keep.

TTF-5.gif
" Guidelines "

Campaign Guidelines:

1. Hi, guys, I'm looking for a chill, respectful group that's more into story and character development, and who like creating characters that play well with others, and have some camaraderie.

What I hope for are players who like staying in the truth of their character, genuinely react to what others write and leave enough details for them to write back, so there are no post length requirements.

2. For those who are interested, please tell me what you want from this roleplay whether in your character sheet or through a private message. I've been a player too, and I know what it's like to be disappointed hoping and thinking this and that was going to happen, but it didn't and months passed. Telling me will help you not waste your time. We may have different goals for this game and different roleplaying styles that don't click. This will also help us identify and resolve potential problems early.

3. No coarse language. If you can't say nor do it in a Pirates of the Caribbean movie, you can't do it here. @#$%! is acceptable, just make it the whole word.

Also, if you have something you are averse to, like not liking detailed descriptions of children getting hurt, or you don't want your character to be romanced, please tell me.

4. Talk to me as we play. Talking and working things out together saves a lot of roleplays and helps ensure you get your fun.

5. I am open to questions, suggestions and comments on main plot related stuff, like adding to the story, lore, or environment, or controlling main NPCs, only run them by me first. We can also talk about the dice system and how to run the RP better.

6. Poke me if the story is going too slow or too fast for you. Speaking of which, allow me to mention again that this a slow paced rp that where the norm would be the story moving forward once a week and likely on the weekends. I'll be posting the date though when I'm going to move the story forward.

7. Have fun! And Happy Holidays!
Leh Dice:
We have a simple dice system to decide what happens, so that we don't know the future. O w O

The dice and the level of your character's skills will determine the success of an action and this will ultimately decide the important things that happen in the story. It is explained in more detail in the Character Sheet. Also, if you want a test run, feel free to ask me and we'll set up a battle tutorial.
tumblr_n3ja24rvfp1skam7vo1_1280.jpg
Characters:

We are food! Whether we look like food or look like we are just wearing food, all the characters and creatures in this campaign are food on the inside, so there will be red jelly inside instead of blood, and bread crumbs coming off instead of flesh. This is a not-so-serious campaign in this aspect.

World:

I
guess you can say it's like Sugar Rush of the movie Wreck it Ralph, or Candy Kingdom in Adventure Time with food animals like in Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. And yes, it will rain meatballs, you can also call forth a meteor shower of extra spicy meatballs down on your foes.

The setting is medieval-ish, but flintlock pistols or musket guns exist. And there is magic of course.

Announcement: Welcome! All interested players, head on to the Jabberwocky's Menu to cook up your character. As for other things, please do not post here unless your character has been accepted and the roleplay has started. All questions and out of character chats in the OOC thread: Jabberwocky's Cafe.

Last edited:
ba1962bb08b23cb99cc0ece9c7f66bc0.jpg
- Town of Creamcrust -

Caramel glazed crickets chirped outside the giant coconut husk home of Dr. Tiramisu. It was night time, but the clinic was loud and busy. So many sick pastries were jam packed inside. Two shared every bed, most slept on the floor, while a lot of hammocks with their coughing and sniffing patients hung from the ceiling. There were too few healers to help, and all looked haggard and overworked. And still townsfolk came in asking her for medicine. It was one of the best places to have a secret conversation, as people just came in and out.

In the barred off second floor which housed Dr. Tiramisu's private quarters, the disguised elders of Creamcrust all fidgeted nervously in the small living room, as they awaited the heroes they hope to save them to arrive.

Mr. Mayor kept glancing out the curtained windows for any sign of the famous faces he's heard of in tales. Outside the fence of the clinic, the Jabberwocky's gobblers, green nasty sourgummy goblins, patrolled the streets, loudly bullying overworked townsfolk to meet their tribute of food due tomorrow. He sighed at his own helplessness. They were a town held hostage, afraid to really do anything else they risk the well being of their children in the Jabberwocky's keep.

Of all the elders who were being watched, everyone knew the mayor had it worse because one of the Jabberwocky's head lackey: Smog the Vast, is living in his house and treating his wife and his remaining daughters as servants. Of everyone, he had the highest chance of being caught if Smog decided to wake him up to fetch him something to eat again.

- - - -​

Dr. Tiramisu's apprentice, a young carrotcake running around with potion bottles perked up when she saw what he think he saw approaching the clinic. She had special instructions when she met the heroes, and introduced herself as Silva, before leading them upstairs. " If you need anything, don't hesitate to call!" she said with eyes shining. It was she who had been able to sneak out of town, and send the letter to the heroes from another town about four days away, and she all looked to them in awe as one by one they made their way waiting elders.

Mr. Mayor warmly welcomed everyone in them living room with open arms and bid them to sit as they waited for the rest of their comrades. There were books on medicine and anatomy on the shelves, herbs and local animals, geography, and some fiction, and very few hanging drying herbs and spices for healing, each with labels. It seems the doctor was very lacking in supplies. There was also a propped up skeletal system of a cookie.

In the corner of the room was something like a water purifier, one of the elders was saying that a blacksmith had made. It was the doctor's invention. It strains then heats up the polluted water, collecting the vapor and condensing it back to clean water; there was an unfinished game of chess on another table. Abandoned the game days ago it seems from how much dust has been gathered.

Soothing music drifted up from downstairs, and anyone who checked would see that it came from a magical harp that was memorizing music requests from a buncha old ccracker grannies who were arguing about which singer sang a song.

Silva came up to lay out a few measely snacks on the table and water for the guests. And hanging on the wall were paintings of the doctor and her parents and what seemed to be her younger sister, but she wasn't in the clinic, and an elder would say that doctor's sister too had been kidnapped.

Last edited:
- Belgi Galette -
" Dr. Tiramisu's Clinic "

42761260_1121999147963253_3855516386986033152_o.jpg
A matador cookie with his cape swooshing in the chilling late autumn wind gazed down at familiar paw prints on the choco mud that led down the hill and towards the direction of the town of Creamcrust below. He had a mustached guitar slung over his back over a backpack that had a dangling dog collar with a golden tag engraved with the name, "Oreo" shining under the full moon. His steely gaze lit up with hope. Perhaps his lost dog was here.

"Ve must valk faster, my friend!" he called to the hotcake behind him in heavily accented French. "Oreo, he might be 'ungry and cold down zer or vorse! Turned into hotdog for ze Jabbervocky!"

This matador cookie was Belgi Galette who had lost his dog, Oreo, on the trip to the town after their group had a bout with a tacodille. He had been worried sick about him and had been eager since this morning to get to the town quick.

But he could not find Oreo after they slipped through the guarded walls and made their way through the shadows and narrow alleys to Dr. Tiramisu's clinic. Their contact from a few days ago, Silva, greeted them happily and was glad they made it alright.

Belgi sullenly trudged up the stairs, his worry for his dog momentarily forgotten when he saw the state of the sick. It then went back to his dog and the possibility that maybe Oreo had drunk of the polluted river water too. No, he must not think that way. Oreo was a smart dog, he would smell the corruption in the river.

Belgi fixed his face into that of professional reliability before the door to the private quarters of the second floor was opened. The elders welcomed them all, and wondered why there were so few of them. "Ze uzzers are coming." said Belgi, moving to the curtained windows to peek outside. "Ve did not come in a big group to avoid attention."

Katsuya Katsuya

Last edited:

5a459d519dd586e4e70ba4ebd82af23f.jpg - Ella Cake -
- "Dr. Tiramisu's clinic" -

"Right behind you!" Said a feminine voice.

Her tall silhouette made a long shadow as she reached the peak of the chocolaty hill, the end of her dipper crunching down on the crumbled chocolate chips. Honey glistening from the cheesy moon's light, hinting the round form of her head as it drizzled over her shoulders and down to her thick legs. With each hastened step, her pancake skirt flopped and wobbled along with her stitched berries bag that carried her pumpkin pet, Cream cheese.

"Oreo is a smart dog, I'm sure he would hide from the Jabberwockey." Ella, the hotcake knight, said reassuringly. As much danger they were in, she honestly believes Orea will be fine once they find him. If he can sit on Belgi's head during the battle against the tacodile, she's sure he will stay away from danger --- hopefully.

'No. No. Not hopefully. He will be.' She thought, humming and nodding to herself as she kept up with her worried friend. 'Just like everyone else. They are fine too.'

As they sneaked their way in the town of Creamcrust, Ella peeked over their hiding spots as they passed by the loud sourgummy goblins; overhearing their words of offering to the Jabberwockey. She balefully glared from the shadows. She couldn't wait to bop them, but for now, she had to stay silent.

When the pair reached the meeting spot, which was a clinic, they met Silva. Lively carrot cake, she is. Ella couldn't help but smile a bit, happy that someone is keeping their hopes up. "Hello~ I'm Ella and this is Belgi. ---- yes! Thank you for the hospitality, Silva."

Her blueberry-colored eyes looked over at Belgi, seeing his sullen face, and she sighed. She couldn't blame him. He really loves his dog and the pooch loves him back. You can tell by the way they play together whenever their group made camp at nights. The hotcake knight quietly patted on his back. "I'm sure Oreo will be fine. Besides we are here. I'm sure we'll find him soon."

Then she looked around the clinic, once again sighing at the sight of the sick. She looked at the small amount of herbs. These people need medicine and loads of it if they were to make it from the polluted waters. Ella hopes the others will come soon, for time is not a luxury for the town's folk of Creamcrust.

Zer0 Zer0

a26111ebba99477d87b52fb56e9dc9a8.jpg
- Dr. Tiramisu's Clinic -

Belgi sighed deeply. He looked up as though bucking himself up, then smiled at Ella. "You are right, Ella, Oreo is smart. Mm," he nodded, "he vill be fine and ve vill find him."

Once everyone had arrived, welcomed by the elders, and settled into the couches, Mr. Mayor, a portly old rambutan, stood up and addressed them all. "Welcome, friends, our hearts are lifted to see you all here. I am Mr. Mayor, leader of this town. Ms. Cake, I have heard of you and your family. You're the first lady of the House of Cake I've heard who has a warrior's fame. And your great, great grandfather, I grew up hearing stories of him during the crusades against the cult of the Locust together."

"In fact, before we sent a letter to you, we had sent a letter to King Caranguejo six months ago, and he sent Sir Perceval of the Knights of the Sweets Table and a company of twenty cavalry to come to our aid. They were here a week ago and left promptly for the keep after we told Sir Perceval everything. They haven't come back, but this . . . this washed up on our shores."

Mr. Mayor nodded at an elder, who stood up and rummaged into his bag, then pulled out what Ella could easily identify as Sir Perceval's helmet. It had a tattered red cloth on the tip, engravings of horses, and the emblem of the famed knights. There was dried red jelly between the cracks of the armor.

"We believe that he and his company have fallen." said Mr. Mayor somberly. He paused for a moment and respectfully offered it to Ella. "Maybe, this would be better in your hands, Ms. Cake. To-to give back to him, if-if you find him alive inside the keep."

Belgi glanced at his friend, wondering how she was going to take this news, but did not say anything.

After this Mr. Mayor then proceeded to tell the party the layout of the land, spreading an old map with many notes, scribbles and diagrams upon a table. He pointed out battle grounds of their past attempts to assault the mine and the keep.Jabberwocky, and where the battles took place. He also showed where some gobbler outposts were located, and their last known patrol routes.

The keep used to belong to the baron of these lands and six months ago, what was now a mine was just a cave where gummy bears would hibernate.

The entrance of the mine was inside the biggest outpost in the north that was crawling with gobblers, while up, up, all the way to the peak up a stone paved road was the keep. But at the bottom of the mountain there was a canal that spewed out the filthy goo from the mines. They had tried to cave that in months ago, but were caught before they could detonate the charges. They had seen the mechanism of a sort of machine that was belching out the corrupted goo. There was space for a person to crawl up inside. If they could hold their breaths long enough or find a way to clog the machine for a moment, they could in theory, climb up and get to the other side, or the heroes could sneak in through the keep or mine entrance, even fight their way.

"We don't know how your group operates, but we will be glad to offer any information and goods we could spare."

It was a one day hike to the keep, just four hours if on horseback on the gobbler patrolled roads.

Mr. Mayor and the elders gifted the party with a healing potion each, Dr. Tiramisu's last bottles that she was giving to the heroes, only, she asks them to bring back her sister.

The doctor had quietly entered the room with Silva while they were talking, and when all was done she showed them a picture of her sis. She was a tiramisu too, though a bit smaller and with cherry red eyes similar to the doctor's.

Everyone Receives: +1 Healing Potion | Heals 1d4 Hp

Katsuya Katsuya

Last edited:
- Ella Cake -
“Dr. Tiramisu’s clinic”

At first, Ella stood tall, proud that her name has been heard to even here, but she tilted her head when the portly mayor mentioned about a member of the Sweets Table.

“W-what?” She stuttered in disbelief. Her hands shook as she took the helmet from the elderly rumbutan. Sir Perceval? Defeated? It was a thought she never had before and to now face it as a reality . . . It was a blow to her gut. Don’t get her wrong; she understood that being a knight is a tough job, a dangerous and risky one at that. It’s understandable to lose wonderful knights from evil’s clutches, but to have one of the twelve famous knights of the Sweets table possibly dead is . . . Not something to take lightly.

“Y-yes.” The pancake warrior cleared her throat, hoping the sad tremble in her voice will go away. She didn’t want the townsfolk to be alarmed —- or more alarmed than they already are with her sadness. She needs to buck up. “Thank you, kind Mr. Mayor. I will keep his helmet close until I find Sir Perceval.”

She swore to find one of her heroes, her blueberry colored eyes stared at the red jam-covered helmet with a somber determination as she slightly hugged it close.

Catching Belgi’s worry, Ella sniffed and gave him a brave grin to hide the sadden pain inside. “I’ll b-be fine, my dear friend.” She said, not convincing enough for the bard, but maybe for the townsfolk around them. “I’ll be fine. I’m sure Sir Perceval i-is okay too.”

After hearing about the mines and the odd machine that’s corrupting the streams here, the pancake Knight hummed curiously. Staring at the map laid in front of them as she tried to think of a way to go inside. “Fighting should be a last result, I think. Clogging the machine would be ideal to distract those gobblers, knock them out, and then climb up . . . What do you think, Belgi?”

When Silva and Dr. Tiramisu gave her and her companion a healing potion, the knight in hotcakes felt gratitude; going on one knee to look at the shorter dessert and patted her shoulder. “We will do our best to find your sister. I swear it.”

+1 Healing potion

Zer0 Zer0

- Belgi Galettes -
" Dr. Tiramisu's Clinic "
Belgi's eyes looked back with somber respect. He put a hand on Ella's shoulder and squeezed it comfortingly. He got her drift, because he nodded at Mr. Mayor reassuringly, saying, "Ve vill look for 'im as vell. I vould not be surprised if he haz slayed ze Jaberwocky before ve find him. Probably celebrating over champagne." he chuckled. And he thanked Dr. Tiramisu when she gave them the healing potions, taking a good long look at the pastry in the picture.

Dr. Tiramisu looked hopeful at Ella's words. "Thank you. And please be careful, miss." Then she excused herself as she had other patients to attend to; Silva on the other hand stayed behind, busily cleaning up the snacks.

When they all gathered around the map, Belgi nodded at Ella. "I like zat idea. Do you 'ave explosives?" He looked at the mayor.

"No, but there should be some in the gobbler outpost at the mine entrance." said the old rambutan.

Belgi nodded thoughtfully, then glanced at Ella to see what she thought about this. "Is zer a guide who can take us to zis secret passage? Just at ze entrance, he vill not be coming vith us inside. "

"Unfortunately, we ---"

" I can take them!" Piped up Silva. Mr. Mayor looked at her exasperatedly as if this wasn't the first time she had asked. "I'll be safe! You know I'll be! I was safe the last two times!"

Mr. Mayor scratched his rambutan beard. "Silva here was the one who escorted Sir Perceval, sent the letter, and came back safe and sound both times. But my dear, those were very lucky coincidences. I would rather you not tempt fate the third time."

"But it wasn't a coincidence, sir. Besides, Ms. Ella and Mr. Belgi will have more chances of getting there alive and there's no one else in the village who can do that better other than me." insisted the little carrot cake.

Mr. Mayor looked at the two heroes. "Do you two need a guide? You can keep our map."

Hp: 8 | Armor: 3| Damage: +1| Energy: 8
Buffs:
Debuffs:​

Spice: 1
Sweetness: 4
Savory: 3
Consistency: 4

Special Ability: Soothing Hym
Heal Hp = 1d4 + as many energy points you want to spend.​

Equipped Items:

Gold: 29
Inventory:
  1. Frogs Legs Armor | +2 Savory
  2. Everburning Candle | Never goes out. Do not place inside bag. Belgi has this inside a black painted bottle.
  3. Bell of Cat Summoning | Summons 1d10 ordinary house cats. You have no control over them, they just do what cats do and usually bugger off if you don't have any food.
  4. Piña Colada | +3 Sweetness
  5. 1 Healing potion (New) | Heals 1d4 Hp
Katsuya Katsuya

Last edited:
- Ella Cake -
“Dr. Tiramisu’s clinic”

Ella felt her tensed shoulders loosen as Belgi reassured the mayor and chuckled at the imagine. It would be wonderful if that was true, Perceval was known to celebrate right after his enemy’s defeat. The knight does love to party and drink orange soda.

As they made plans and talked about guides, Ella hummed, pondering. It would be good to take a guide; it’s like having a local’s point of view and they might even find secret passages. On the other hand, Silva might get hurt or captured as a hostage or worse with one wrong move . . .

“. . .” Ella leaned down and gently patted Silva’s shoulder. “As nice as your offer is, young Silva, I agree with the mayor. It’s best that you stay here where it’s safer than the mines.” No, she couldn’t risk another hostage. Not when there’s possibly more than the one they do know about.

“We’ll take the map, good mayor. Belgi and I are adventurers after all, we can figure it out. Right, Belgi?” Besides, Ella has tricks up her sleeves in case of gobblers.

HP: 8 | Armor: 4 | Damage: +4 |Energy: 8
Buffs:
Debuffs:​

Spice: 4
Sweetness: 4
Savory: 4
Consistency: 4

Special ability:
“Critical Strike!" - State a number between 1 to 6, if it comes up during the roll deal double damage.

Equipped Items:

Gold: 28
Inventory:

1. Gobbler's mask - Ella won it from brawl, it was epic . . . for an armwrestling match. She becomes friends with the gobblers.
  2. x4 Water balloons - Because it's better to be ready for a quick prank
  3. Nightmare fuel - So . . . she has no problem using this for a mean-spirited prank against the unexpected
  4. Eye bone - It's how she found Cream cheese, little dude follows her everywhere now and helps carry her stuff....when he’s not sleeping in her bag.
  5. 1 Healing potion (new) | Heals 1d4 HP
Zer0 Zer0

6f6330d330f71102e0b62023dab4b8db.jpg
- Fellwood -

"Zat is right!" said Belgi, drawing himself to his full height. "Ve can handle ourselves, zis is not our first foray into lands infested by an enemy." he said impressively, "Sank you for ze map." and he rolled it up and pocketed it.

Silva looked worried and afraid. She didn't say anything and just glumly nodded her head at Ella, looking at the floor as though thinking hard of something.

"Ah, by ze way." said Belgi suddenly. "Have you seen a cream puff dog since ehh, yesterday? Small, half black, half white at ze bottom with a poofy tail, wearing a red collar with ze name 'Oreo?'"

"No, we haven't." said Mr. Mayor, frowning. "Did you lose your dog, Mr. Galletes?"

"Yes, vell, if you see him, please take care of him. Please hold out zis and he'll come to you." and he gave them one of his shirts from his backpack. "He is a smart dog, he vill understand if you tell him ve are friends."

"We will, don't worry." said Mr. Mayor, taking the shirt. "Good luck heroes, stay safe." After that he and the elders shook hands with them once more before saying good-bye. They watched the two heroes through the window of the second floor of the coconut clinic as the two slipped into the night, through the shadows of the gobbler patrolled streets, and into the dark forest.

simon-kopp-env-forlornruinsresurrection1-mid.jpg
- ?? -

Meanwhile, somewhere deep in the mountains, a gargantuan snake, it's large scales crumbling and crushing the rocks as it slithered in the dark, rose to eye the construction work gobblers were doing around an ancient ruin that was aglow with an otherworldly light.

This monster's fierce eye made the goblins shake as it loomed above them, casting its vast shadow over the orange glow of torchlights.

Crash

A terrible snarl like the grinding of stones seethed from it, as it turned to see a group of gobblers hastily trying to pick up a piece of giant ancient stone they dropped.

"We is sorry, master! We is sorry!" They shrieked, trembling.

"YOU FOOLS." It said in a venomous hiss that echoed around the caverns. "WHAT DID I SAY?"

"Not to drop. Never to drop. Or we can't open the door!" said the gobbler.

"AND?"

"And that you would eat us if we do --- but it not I fault, Borok dropped ---"

There was a horrible snap, followed by the abrupt silence of a shriek. Red jelly dripped from the maw of the monster, as it towered over the rest of the gobblers that were now missing one member. It glared at them and they got the gist.

"W-we will be more careful n-next time." Bowed the surviving gobblers.

"GOOD." The monster rose to look at the ancient ruin once more. "SOON IT WILL COME. I WILL FULFILL MY PROMISE TO ALL OF YOU. ONCE THE GATE IS OPENED, I WILL BE A GOD AND YOU WRETCHED CREATURES, YOU WILL HAVE REIGN OVER ALL THE LANDS OF THE KING WHO DROVE YOU OUT OF YOUR HOMES. MAKE THE SLAVES DIG FASTER, WE MUST UNCOVER THE REST OF THE DECEIVER'S GATE."

120_tid_PigMonster.jpg
- Fellwood -
" The next day "
It took the night and most of the next day to hike to the foot of the Rocky Road Mountains. Because of the map, they were able to slip through unnoticed, though there was an odd feeling of being followed. The forest used to be called Greenwood, but now, with how sick and dark it was from the corrupting magic in the river, the townsfolk call it Fellwood. During their journey, the heroes saw strange creatures: sickly looking animals with a foul stench and an even fouler dangerous look in their eyes. They were deformed, warped out of shape, sometimes larger than normal, but they avoided the pancake knight and the french bard. Still their yellow eyes followed them through the dark woods, vanishing when morning came.

The heroes made camp hidden in a dip between two hills across the canal entrance. There were old ancient statues here, wicked looking things with the symbol of a circle surrounded by broken rings. There was the polluted river between them, and across, some distance from the canal, there was the gobbler outpost guarding the entrance of the mine atop a plateu.

There were many gobblers milling about. There were no carts of ores or anything they were taking out of the mine, just wagons of food from the village that they were bringing inside through two heavy wooden and metal gates. There were crates of dynamite inside a haphazardly built wooden shelter that seemed to be a supply depot, as it had piles of lumber, coal, and other construction materials. There was also what seemed to be some black market trading among the gobblers. There was a savy looking one flanked by two larger minions and it had what looked like stolen trinkets and other supplies for sale. It seems as though the gobblers were poorly equipped and poorly fed lackeys the way they were offering shiny things to the savvy gobbler to trade for good food mostly.

There were two gobblers guarding the canal. They looked bored and lazy, playing cards with their swords and bows resting carelessly at the side.

Katsuya Katsuya
Feel free to add a tidbit about the heroes' camp, the statues, outpost, canal or the gobblers. Also, there is a blackmarket shop that will be available if you decide to sneak into the outpost and trade with the savvy gobbler.

Last edited:
- Ella Cake -
“Next day, Fellwoods”

While staying up to look out in the night, keeping her eyes and ears open, Ella pitied the deformed animals. She’s pretty sure these creatures were peaceful looking before and now ... they look very disturbed. She hopes everything will go back to Greenwoods’ peaceful form again once Belgi and her stops whatever is causing the contamination.

“. . . I’m sure Oreo wouldn’t drink the water.” She muttered in comfort to her friend; she sounded like she’s trying to convince herself too while taking up her turn to stay up at night.

When dawn broke, Ella peeked over to where they can see the guards playing cards by the canal. She grinned, glad that they are not paying attention to anything outside of their card game at the moment. She walked back to the camp and sat on a rounded chocolate cookie chunk. “I wonder if we should sneak in somehow or if I should use my mask?” The hotcake knight opened up her berries bag —- Cream Cheese poked his head out, chewing on the eye bone mindlessly —- and searched around to reveal the tribal-looking mask. It was made out of bone with gummy painted on it.

“Though . . . I wonder if they would let us in with food?” She recalled seeing the gobblers close to the mines making trades.

Zer0 Zer0

- Belgi Galletes -

"Zey vill probably just let you in." said Belgi, patting Cream Cheese. " I don't have a mask like zat --- oh! Maybe I can be your prisoner! Maybe zey vill tell you vhere to send me and ve can find out vhere ze prisoners are?"

Suddenly, Ella would notice the leaves of a nearby bush flutter even though there was no wind and spot a hint of white icing that had little flecks of orange.

Katsuya Katsuya

Manteiga Lagosta
A cloaked figure marched into the camp and promptly took a seat. He did not say a word, there was no reason to, for the tightly wrapped sword was more than happy to mumble out it's greetings. "Ah, finally, we found you. And you thought it would be a good idea to split up. Hmmph, at least those nice villagers were able to get us pointed in the right direction. Oh, and this environment, ehyuck. I wouldn't even clear my thrommph." The fondant eyes of the sword widened slightly as it was jammed further into it's scabbard before giving a glare of hatred at it's wielder.

"That's enough, Newberg." The mysterious man finally spoke, and the voice sounded familiar. It was Manteiga. Who knew where and why he had decided to go his own path or what he had gotten himself into for him to have taken so long to arrive. But he was here now, and it did not look like he was all to willing to tell what he had been doing. Perhaps it had something to do with the fishy smell that magically appeared with his arrival.

Manteiga seemed to be oblivious to the rustling bush or the possibility of going into the gobbler camp.

- Belgi Galletes -

Belgi's hand flew for his axuitar, then froze. "Manteiga, Newberg, salut!" he sighed in relief, placing a hand over his chest.

"My friends, you almost gave me a heart attack. Ya, ve did not vait. I thought you vould not come after you vent your own vay. I am guessing it . . . went vell?" he added, sniffing the pungent odor of fish, then looking away and covering his nose.

Soviet Panda Soviet Panda

- Ella Cakes -
“Camp”

Cream cheese happily leaned into Belgi’s hand, the vine with the brown-ish leaf wiggled happily.

As Ella saw the random rustling of leaves of a nearby bush behind Belgi, her eyes narrowed, focusing on the white icing and . . . Orange flecks? She’s pretty sure the animals in this infected forest wouldn’t go near this camp —- not as close as whatever that’s hiding behind the bushes.

Then the sudden appearance of another companion broke her curious thoughts, her blueberry colored eyes snapped at the familiar figure and his angry sword.

“Welcome back, Mantegna, Newberg.” Ella placed her finger over her lips, silently asking them to not say anything of what she’s about to do. As Belgi asked if it went well for Manteiga, the hotcake knight put her berry bag down and tip-toed to where she heard the rustling; standing besides the leafy bush with the odd white icing. She stared at it, crouching down so she didn’t seem intimidating.

“Why ... are you here, young Silva?” Ella asked bluntly.

Zer0 Zer0 Soviet Panda Soviet Panda

- Fellwood -
" Camp "

d7fp34o-7f94cc42-16f4-4447-967a-d72d0e7d84fe.png
The bush slightly shivered when Ella crouched down. It was followed by a big intake of breath, a pause, then Silva slowly rose up from the bush, trembling a little and looking tense. "I . . . I wanted to go with you . . . t-to help." she muttered, looking at the forest floor.

She had no weapon on her that one could see. She had a grey green cloak that matched the surrounding forest. Her clothes were light travelling garments without armor. She carried with her only a small bag that didn't look like it had provisions for a long journey. Swinging around her neck was a spyglass, and wrapped across her shoulder and torso was a coil of rope where an old grappling hook hung at the end around her waist, and a small shuttered lantern dangled from the rope.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Ella Cake -
“Camp”
The pancake knight stayed quiet, taking in the young carrot cake’s trembling and sighed. “I see.”

Her tone is gentle yet stern; not wanting to scare the young dessert, but not letting her get away with this action. “I have a single question to ask you: why do you want to help us when you know this is a serious and dangerous situation? I’m sure you have your reasons just like I have mine when I specifically said ‘no’.”

Ella understood the want to help; it’s part of the reason why she wanted to be a knight, to help those in need. What she cannot condone is when someone —-a civilian with no training —- puts themselves in danger without thinking it through and when they can avoid said dangers.

So before she scolds the young carrot cake for not listening and for putting herself in more danger, the knight will listen to her side. At least, this way, Ella can say that she does hear people first unlike her strict family back home.

Zer0 Zer0

- Fellwood -
" Camp "

Silva let out a breath of relief. For the first time, she looked up at Ella. "They have Zabby." Zabby was Dr. Tiramisu's little sister. " I . . . want her safe. The jabberwocky, threatened to eat her and my other friends." she looked down again, her eyes darted slightly to Belgi and Manteiga.

She took a deep breath. "Can you just . . . Not go? Just, just go back to where you came from? When Sir Perceval tried to help," her eyes became watery and she looked guilty, " the jabberwocky got mad because we rebelled again. He's going to find out the Mayor sent you and Zabby and the others and my town are going to be the ones who are going to suffer again. So, c-can you just go?" she looked at them all desperately. "I'll tell the village that you were defeated and had no choice but to run."

Katsuya Katsuya

Monteiga Lagosta
"Oh ho ho, you would not believe how 'well' it went." Newberg began, fondant eyes alight with mischief. But he could not get any further, as the small carrot cake had been revealed. Both Newberg and Monteiga listened to what was said between Ella and Silva until the end.

Monteiga was the first to speak. "I will not just leave. I have come to defeat the Jabberwocky, and that is what I shall do. Whatever happens if I should fail is not my concern."

Newberg glared daggers at his wielder before turning his gaze towards the carrot cake and softening. "Don't mind him, dear, he's just in a bad mood. Sardines." Here he paused, giving a look towards the two other heroes, having explained the fishy smell. "Deary, here's how I see things. We could just leave, and nothing will change. Children will continue to be taken, but Zabby and the others will be safe. That's one option, the safe one, one where you don't lose anything but don't get anything either. The other is to let us do our job. This is what we do. The Jabberwocky will be defeated, and you'll get to see everyone that was taken again. Believe in us, that's all I ask of you."

- Ella Cake -
“Camp”

The knight pinched her lips, slightly cringing. Does the small carrot cake not believe in them and their abilities? Then again, Sir Perceval did go in and not come out . . .

Before she could answer, Montaiga answered first, followed by his angry sword. She nodded.

“Newburg is right, young Silva. Nothing will change or it can get worse even without us going in. If the Jabberwocky can cause such a change in this forest by contaminating the waters,” Ella sweeped her arm open as if presenting the rotten overgrown trees. “Then I don’t know how long you and your friends can even survive without much food or healing herbs. I’m sorry, young Silva, but we can’t let this Jabberwocky continue it’s rule like this.”

- Fellwood -
" Camp "

Silva looked down, thinking hard. "Okay." she muttered distractedly. And without another word, about faced and marched off back into the woods towards the direction of the village. She had not looked convinced.

Belgi watched her go, wondering if maybe he should accompany the little carrot cake safely back, but if she was as good at moving unseen as she had said before, she was probably going to be alright. Besides, his friends are going to need him more infiltrating the keep.

He sighed. "Vell? Vhat do ve do now?" he filled in Manteiga and Newberg of their plans, spreading out the map that Mr. Mayor and the elders gave them. It only had an outsider's schematic of the outpost that guarded the entrance of the mine, and a map of the canal and where the charges were located.

"We ver talking about Ella vearing her mask and taking me in as a prisoner and ve go through ze front doors. Ze mayor's plan vas to go through ze canal, clog ze pipes belching out corrupted ooze and crawl in up a linked pipe zat theoretically vill lead us up to somewhere."

It was close to lunch time right now. Across the polluted river, the two gobblers guarding the canal were joined by another that brought them bowls of mushy grey soup. The three were eating together now, barking in their harsh guttural accent and laughing about some joke.

After a while two other gobblers came down to relieve the first guards. The three eating gobblers rose up and started making their way back to the outpost, while the two new guards set up watch just as lazily as the previous ones, with one of them going off to the side out of sight of the other to take a whiz on a dead bush.

Katsuya Katsuya Soviet Panda Soviet Panda

Last edited:
-Ella Cake-
“Camp”

As the knight watched the young carrot cake walk back, she pondered about something. Maybe she is overthinking it, but she found it odd that young Silva wanted to help them only to suddenly ask them to leave. Wasn’t she the one who wrote to them for help? Why would she ask them to leave if she wanted to help them with this mission?

Ella shook her head, clearly believing that she’s overthinking it. There is a thing called a change of heart. Perhaps the young carrot cake believes that they are incompetent.

‘Well we’ll just prove her wrong then!’ Ella silently cheered herself up as she made her way back to the camp sitting area.

“What do you think, Sir Monteiga? Sir Newberg?” She asked after Belgi informed them of the plan.

- Mine -
"Mysterious Giant Mirror "

The group decided to go with the mask plan. After Belgi made himself look like he got beaten up and Ella bound his wrists loosely in rope, he gave his axuitar and items to Ella, then trudged behind her dismally as they approached the wooden gates of the outpost.

The lazing gobbler guards noticed them through spyglasses and pointed and shrieked at them from a distance, but it wasn't in alarm. It was in cheer. Apparently, they recognized Belgi.

"They here already?!" one gobbler asked Ella urgently, as the outpost gates swung open. Inside there were two large tomato bellied leafy grunts that pushed on pivoting wheels to open the heavy wooden doors.

The gobblers were in a frazzle, as word spread that their enemies were already here and one big ugly taco who seemed to be the head of the outpost yelled over the hubbub to bring the prisoner inside the mine.

"Where are the rest?"; "Only one came?" crowded the gobblers as they poked Belgi with their spears, growled and sneeres at him, and looked at Ella's "loot", which were Belgi's things, greedily.

There was no contest, as the elite guards at the entrance of the mine at the back of the outpost, opened another set of heavy wooden doors for Ella and the ugly taco boss. The merchant gobbler looked on interestedly as she passed. One could see he had health potions and other magical items in his cart.

"Good work, err, whatever your name is." said the taco boss, as he led the way into the mine which had rails and carts but seemed to be used to transport food and supplies deep inside. "Hurry up."

There was a stockpile of goods in one side of the tunnel and a cage where a handful of chained depressed villagers were sitting all cowed and quiet inside. It was lit with torches in here and there were guards and gobblers busy moving about goods.

Ella could see that in the end of the tunnel there was a giant mirror framed by intricately carved stone. And the rails went into the mirror.

"Report. Where and how'd ya capture this sourball?" he kicked Belgi, who feigned pain. "Silva told us there'd be more of them, but didn't tell us they're already here. Where's the rest?"

Katsuya Katsuya

- Ella Cake -
“Mysterious Giant Mirror, Mine”

With the gobbler’s mask on, her form changed drastically. She shrunk, her legs thinned to a crooked pair, and her face tensed to a scarred snarl with her lips. Even her pancake battle skirt flattened to a rotten and torn seaweed cape.

As she silently hobbled along and pretended to tug on Belgi’s tied wrists, Ella took note of where the villagers are, snorting her pig-like snout as she listened to the taco boss —— he can’t even remember any of his workers’ names? For shame~

“They has escape. Caught dis one first by the rocks in Fellwoods close by. Dun know where othas are.” Is that how she sounds like if she was a gobbler? She sounded like she wheezes a lot with each sentence made. Oh boy —— wait! Silva!? But Silva was just warning them to leave —— Ella felt angry but kept it in; not showing it in her transformed face.

“Dun know when othas might come back for ‘I’m.” Ella said.

- Mine -
"Mysterious Giant Mirror "

The taco boss grunted, nodding. "They might still be out there. This one could be a distraction, but they'll never get past me. Oi!" he shouted at two passing gobblers who immediately dropped a crate of corn they were carrying and came over, wheezing.

"Ya boss?"

"Send a word to our master that those mercenaries are here, and, you, go outside and put the mine, outpost, and patrols on high alert. Send a search party to the forest on the double!"

"Yes, boss!" One gobbler went for the mine entrance, but was suddenly yanked back by his ruff by the taco boss. "And spread the word to bring that carrot brat Silva to me." he added with a growl, then released him.

The second gobbler quickly sprinted for the mirror. As it approached, the reflective surface of the mirror shimmered, then blackened under the torchlight, and a white feminine mask appeared. Hollow eyed and expressionless, it looked down at the goblin and briefly exchanged words with it. Then she nodded, and the goblin walked straight through the mirror, its surface shimmering like a pool. Then the mask faded and the mirror once more reflected the torch lit mine.

"Send this prisoner to the torture room." said the taco boss to gobbler-Ella. "Lemme see his things. Ooh, this is nice." he took out Belgi's gold, frogs legs armor, bell of cat summoning, everything and his precious axuitar. "I think I'll keep this in my tent" he said, pleased. "Ah, but of course, you get first pick for doing a good job and a promotion. Pick your share of the loot and then go, er . . . what's your name?"

Katsuya Katsuya

- Ella Cake -
“Mine”

The gobbler going inside of the mirror and that huge white mask caught her by surprise internally, believing it might be the Jabberwocky or one of it’s many lackeys. Though it seems that Silva might just had made a deal for something in return . . .

“ . . . Bob.” Ella replied. “Meh name’s Bob, Boss.”

When he said that she can pick her part of the ‘loot’, she pretended to think on what to get. Then she took the axuitar, frog legs armor, and gold. Tucking them behind her cape and securing them in place so that no one would steal it. Ella saw the gobblers’ eyes! They wanted his stuff and she’d rather not let them grab his axuitar, knowing how important they are. Grabbing the tough taffy rope, she lightly tugged and yelled, “Get up, prisonah!”

Gobbler Ella hobbled in front of Belgi, leading him away and into a tunnel.

Coming out of nowhere, a small water ballon hit one gobbler in the head. It shook it’s head and spotted another who was grumbling to someone else and they were near murky-like water. So it yelled and a wrestling match ensues, some crowding around the pair and cheering for one or the other in excitement as the accuser pile-drives into the accused’s tummy.

Zer0 Zer0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back