• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom The International Sandbox (A Hetalia RP)

Jacrezz

Hey everybody! I have looked all over RpNation for an active Hetalia roleplay, but there is a tragic lack of them. Hence why this is being created! A simple sandbox type rp that will have many random little plots chosen by you! Sign up and let’s get this show on the road.

A world meeting. Deal lord how did he get himself into this? The meeting was held in Paris, in a big stone building at least a hundred years old. The weather was pleasantly cool, the streets quietly busy, and the air carried the sounds of the city to the meeting building. Overall, Antarctica wasn't enjoying himself so far. He sat alone on the great steps leading into the building, watching the people of Paris bustle about and mentally debating with himself if he should have a cigarette. Midway through his tiny inner crisis, he pulled put the invitation he had received.

To the Nation of Antarctica, Alexander Mains,

You have been officially invited to attend this year's World Meeting, and the first annual International Experience Getaway. The topics of the meeting are as follow:

I.)World Oil Crisis

The International Experience Getaway will be hosted by different third parties and last at least two weeks. You will be allowed to bond with different nations of our wonderful planet outside of an official setting! We hope to see you there, and have a nice day.

The letter wasn't signed, and Zee had the sneaking suspicion that it might be a prank. He hadn't been to a world meeting since America and England brought him years and years ago to discuss who would actually be in charge of him, and he didn't even stay the whole meeting. Hell, he was too small at the time to even see over the table properly, let alone meet the others. Speaking of... Zee brushed his hair out of his face to look at the nations walking around in semi-official looking outfits. It made him feel shabby and small, sitting on the steps in some foreign city in dark jeans, black snow boots, the nicest winter jacket he could find, and a gauze eyepatch over his brown eye. He was nervous around the others, what could he say? "Damn all these tall Europeans," Zee muttered, fishing a cigarette out of his pocket and wondering if he'd grow six inches from living in a warmer place.

((Bad start I think, but oh well! Everyone come to the meeting house and we'll chill a bit before launching into this))

"William, I need your help with something. There a conference being held in France that all the nations are attending and-" Was all England managed to get out before a claymore stuck itself into the wall next to England's head.

"You do realize that I got an invitation too? You DO realize I will go there, not with you, BUT AS ME'SELF! I'M SICK AND FECKIN TIRED OF..."

"Scotland is at it with England again, i'm going to Ireland's..." Wales said as he quickly grabbed a coat and went next door to escape the carnage that was about to commence.

As was the norm for the Isles household, the fight ended with a messed up kitchen and Scotland leaving in annoyance and rage. William slowly calmed down, and reached for his cigarettes. He definitely needed them at times like this. "It was my fault again, I over reacted... I'm going to France's early, he's always acknowledged me." William muttered to himself.

After a days travel by air William arrived in France. Oh how he loved the place. It was so cultured, so brimming with passion. It always seemed to ebb away at the fiery side of him.

"I need to settle down. So many people have already found love, and I still live with my brothers..." William frowned as he looked around at all the couples.William took out his invitation letter with the address attached and slowly made his way to the place where he would be lodging. Around the building many nations had already arrived and were gossiping cheerily. Scotland felt very out of place, as was the norm for him at these formal kinds of events. So many people were dressed up and while William had the means to dress like that, he never felt like himself in those stuffy and restricting outfits. So instead he decided to wear a nice coat with a loose tie and dress shirt under it. As he scanned the room for something to do, he noticed someone he was not to familiar with rummaging through their pockets with one hand and the invitation letter in the other.

"YOU THERE!" William said a bit to loudly, startling many around him. "Sorry, who are you?" He said to the man sitting in front of him.

Fate was not on Zee's side. Right as he found his cigarette --his last cigarette, he noted grumpily-- a loud noise startled him and the small cancer stick snapped in half when he jumped. The little dried tabbaco pieces looked rather sad on the stone step, and Zee's mind wandered away to thoughts of where the plants were grown. After listening to one of America's anti-smoking tangents for the hundredth time, he'd done his own research and found out all sorts of things. True, it still showed that smoking causes lung cancer, but he wasn't at risk until he smoked a pack a day for about fifty years. Plus he was a nation, at least to the few people who actually noticed and acknowledged him.

At the sound of someone talking next to him, Zee looked up and found a tall red haired man standing over him. Probably not intentional, considering he looked like he hadn't meant to yell, but it was slightly intimidating to Zee anyway. "I'm Alexander Mains," he replied after a moment, figuring that it was polite in this part of the world. "Antarctica. And you would be...?" Oh god that made him feel bad. What if the red haired guy was some important nation he didn't know, and he'd just insulted him? Crap.

"Antarctica? Man, Another country continent? I thought Australia was the only one... anyway i'm Scotland." William said as he took a look at his clothes. Scotland also noticed that he had made the man drop his cigarette with his accidental loudness. "Sorry mate, let me spot you one." He said as he reached into his pocket to pull out his pack. He reached out to give him the cigarette while further inspecting the mans attire and demeanor. He was fairly pleasant looking, didn't seem too happy but he certainly didn't have an air of arrogance like Austria. "Wait, your'e the guy my bro and America keep trying to order around on what to research, right? I feel your pain on that one. They sure do like calling the shots."

William felt a small twinge of connection to this one. England was constantly trying to be bossy towards him, he flies under the radar, and didn't dress too pompously. Perhaps this one could be a potential friend, not just ally.

Zee scowled a bit but then rolled his eyes with a small, barely there smile. "No, and we aren't the only ones either. Europe has at leat two continent nations, Asia has one. Africa and North America have regions," he explained, though he was also basing what he said off of something he'd heard a few years ago. Zee's face lightened at the offering of another cigarette, and he took it with a tiny nod of thanks. He used a lighter that a Japanese researcher gave to him to light the cigarette and inhaled the toxic smoke happily. The only sign that he was happy though was the slight twinkle in his one showing eye.

Zee looked up at William and nodded, letting the smoke escape his lungs. "Yeah, but I don't mind. I like learning new things, and it nice to have people around to notice me. If I had my way though they'd let me pick what I wanted to learn," he grumbled, feeling like Scotland was probably in a similar boat by the way he talked. And that made him a little happy that maybe he'd found a friend who didn't just want to use him. Antarctica looked up and studied the other nation, noticing his nice but not stuck up clothes and how his eyes were only a few shades off from his own. "Are you related to England by chance?" It seemed like an innocent enough question, and if William was then Zee not only gained a friend but family.

William awkwardly smiled, embarrassed at his lack of knowledge. "I guess I need to get out more, don't I?" William laughed. Suddenly William exploded into a large smile and giggled with giddiness. "Oh how great it is to see another fellow whom indulges in the finer things!" William proclaimed ecstatically, huffing upon his own cigarette. William felt even more excited once Antarctica explained his own woes of not being noticed. The disgruntlement of remembering such times mixed with the happiness at finding someone whom could understand his position pushed William to his more, well, loud state. "I totally agree. Most people don't know it, but these days i'm always doing all the grunt work! England bites off more than they can chew and who comes to beat up the baddies? ME! ARGENTINA WOULD'VE HAD THOSE BLOODY FALKLAND ISLANDS IF IT WEREN'T FOR ME COMING AND..." William looked around at the attention he had called to himself. "Sorry about that." He said to Antarctica.

William took that moment to look around at the people whom were actually here. He recognized some of the more well known nations such as Germany and France, whom he sent a small wave too, however some were mysteries to him. William resigned himself to be less boisterous in order to not turn these fresh Nations off to him, and hoped the rumors had not circulated to their ears before he could show them his true self. After Antarctica asked him if he was related to England William then realized how similar they did seem. "That I am. I don't just use the term bro affectionately, he actually is my brother. He is a bother to live with but he is nice on occasion. I live with my other brother Wales and we have a jointed apartment with my half brother Ireland. Its really rainy, and we fight a lot, but in the end we come back together."

"HI Y'ALL!" squealed the voice, of a young woman - dressed in a rather colorful uniform, which looked to be mash-up of various colors, and looking rather cheerful. One whom soon hug-attacked, said Germany and giving a friendly wave at France. Soon jumping about, greeting every nation he could find, around the area. Another woman near by, calling her to not get too excited.

Her greeting trail, soon stopped infront of Antartica and Scotland, whom she hadn't seen before. "Oh, 'ello. What's your names? I'm Hannabel Florenz de Santiago MacDouglas Jameson Hyyternik Nissa; or just Hannah," spoke the girl, whom looked be a young adult and yet as tall as Scotland.

Last edited by a moderator:
Antarctica watched in mild amusement as people turned to stare at his new ranting friend, though you couldn't tell from his face. He waved a hand at the apology as if to brush it away. "It's fine, really," he said and offered a tiny smile before taking a drag off his cigarette. If Zee wanted to be completely honest, he figured that Scotland got a lot of stares, even without the loud nature. Tall, red haired, and with a face meant to scowl. People would look at William, just like people would look at the young pale haired man with one eye covered. "Great pair we make," Zee couldn't help but say aloud, watching as their audience went back to what they were doing.

A brightly coloured and loud girl came running over to them, and it took Antarctica a few moments to realise she was addressing both of them, not just Scotland. "I'm Alexander Mains, continent country of Antarctica." Two new people in one day, what were the odds? He took another pull from his cigarette, smiling on the inside but keeping a straight face as he looked up at the two. "If I can assume Miss. Hannah here is European, what the hell are you guys putting in the water?" He wasn't short by any means, but these people were 6' tall at least.

"Oh nothing much just a little flourite to keep the water clean and teeth shiny-er," replied Hannah, with a slight giggle. "Wow, your really big you know, that and...a little cold, but nothing I haven't dealt with. And correct, I am european...or well actually....Europe....I am the EU, European Union...or just Hannah."

"Nice to meet you two..." she added, with a smile on her face."

After Hannah asked whom he was, William got a little sad. The European Union doesn't even know one of its own members... I really am insignificant... William thought. Granted, England does technically represent him in most global affairs. Not her fault.

"I'm Scotland, and uh... yeah." William said with a slight smile. "Do you know how this whole thing is supposed to go? I don't frequent national affairs like this."

Lukas had been hanging out in the background, contrary to the protests of the other Nordic countries. First it had been Denmark, complaining that he was just too shy for his own good, and then there was Iceland saying how his big brother needed to acquire more friends and allies because it would "benefit him in the long-run." Lukas didn't rightly believe a word of that, given his past experiences with failed alliances and all too annoying "friends". Next had come Finland with Sweden tagging closely behind, politely asking him to move away from the corner of the room he occupied and to try to, at the very least, speak to someone. Lukas had grunted and acted as if his troll was contacting him. Yet, even after Finland had left him alone, his mind lingered on the idea of talking to new people. Usually, the thought of doing something like that would not have sat well with him, however Lukas's curiosity seemed to be getting the best of him. There were several new faces at the meeting, and then there were some he hadn't seen in years, and he was having a surprisingly strong urge to find out more about said nations.

After a few minutes of silently debating with himself, Lukas began taking slow steps toward a small group of three people. He figured he would start with them, seeing as how there were only a small number of them and most of them didn't look familiar. Upon getting closer he noticed that one of the three was Scotland, someone whom he was almost certain that he had met sometime in that past. He could also hear that a conversation was in progress, and since he wasn't a man of many words in the first place, he decided he would stay quiet and refrain from interrupting. Taking a final step, he settled himself beside William, nodding at him as a silent greeting before turning his attention to whatever conversation was being had.

"...well...with this oil crisis," spoke Hannah, soundling a little worried. "With all this nonsense, it be natural for America to want to get oil, he consumes the most. With Russia tangling his massive supplies in front of him."

"Why can't we just use, I don't know - cleaner energy? I got some really got stuff I had cometh up with - but mom says, I should present it at the discussion. But its bad, on the usual situation - as the Middle East countries are the ones whose reserves have almost run dry," she added. "And with America and Russia butting heads, its anyones came."

Antarctica nodded along with Scotland's question, honestly curious. He wasn't a new nation per say, and wasn't young, but he says out of the world and their affairs. Another country came up as Zee was stubbing out his cigarette, and since they weren't addressing him Zee wasn't going to bother them.

Hannah's explanation actually confused him quite a bit, and he stood up to make himself more part of the group. "Wait a second, America and Russia fight?" He put his hands in his pockets right after he said that, feeling uncomfortable that he said something wrong. Sure he knew that fossil fuels were running low, but whenever America or Russia were around him and each other they seemed rather civil.

"Sure, why not. When nobody is looking, or if you stuck those two into the same room - I would bet about twenty minutes before they would go crazy," spoke Hannah. She herself hated violence, but it was so easy to see the tension between the two.

Russia had oil, America consumed it - America wanted to lead everything, Russia always stepped on his plans - Russia lost the Cold War and his USSR, while America became the only superpower. It always cat-and-mouse with the two, when those, when one wanted something to other usually always stood in the others way. And when it came to resources, it was one thing - where America liked to use his more sneaker, cunning and less-friendly persona. And...well Russia was always on edge.

"...the worst thing about, when it comes to resources - America is the one to do anything to get them. And Russia usually steps in his way...so you know how that would end..."

"They'd fight though? Like, physically?" It wasn't all too foreign of a concept to him, but where he's from people typically don't fight each other much. They're too busy trying to survive the cold, and he was never directly hurt or involved in a war. Seen, sure, and for a while researches from different places wouldn't show up due to conflicts at home, but Zee was never involved.

The more he thought about America and Russia fighting, the more Antarctica didn't understand, and he groaned while letting his eyes close. "God this is so frustrating. I feel like a kid invited to sit in on a business meeting. I don't even have oil or use it!" He complained and and sighed before giving a small apologetic smile. "Sorry, I shouldn't whine." It surprised even him that he was so outward with his feelings now, but hey, the others seemed like slight outcasts too.

"Nah, its okay. I'd assume, you whine less than America when he is in a mood," spoke Hannah. "And, while you think, you don't have any resources available. You posses alot of freshwater - it is a hidden resource nowadays."

Scotland listened to Antarctica and Hannah discuss the predicament they had been presented with loosely. Scotland didn't have much oil, and what little he had he used for himself. Scotland once again began to question his necessity at an event like this. While it is true that a fight between america and Russia could have collateral damage, Scotland always felt pretty secure. Nobody had ever beaten him in a fight so badly that he had to retire from power. Perhaps in this new age however, he needed to pay more attention to global affairs.

"So, how are small nations like us meant to sway the actions of powerhouses like America and Russia? I mean yeah I could punch them really hard but I doubt that would solve much."

"Ever heard the saying of strength in numbers?" asked Hannah. "Look at me - I am the embodiment of Europe itself, and I once...well....accidentally slapped France into a wall, and that guy has nukes on him. So its basically of shutting them down, and bringing the matter of our word upto bear. Plus, I can bring my voice into the hearing too, if I want I can yell as loud as America, when need be."

"So...should we head inside, and see how to news is being spread and discussed? Better than waiting out here, and hoping that this crisis will solve itself."

Lukas kept quiet as he listened on to what was, obviously, a discussion about the oil crisis. He wasn't surprised, really, to already hear nations discussing the matter, as it was a rather massive problem that had the potential to affect every single country in large and small ways; it had a great potential to cause a sort of Butterfly Effect.

"Big nations being greedy again?" Norway asked in his monotone voice as he shook his head shamefully. It was always something with those damn so-called "superpowers" of the world. They just never seemed to take a break from all their fighting and political and economical strife. "I have quite a large hand in oil to be such a small country. 1.8 billion barrels a day with several European countries working just off my shores. I might have a little leverage when it comes down to it." Lukas felt odd for talking so much, but he felt like it was something that need to be said. From what he had heard, these other nations were about as small as he was and he felt like it was one of his responsibilities to try to help defend them in some way. After all, he couldn't just let the larger nations take control like they always seemed to do.

"Oh," He sighed, exasperated. "I'm Norway, by the way. Call me Lukas if you must."

Romano had received the letter a few days before and planned on blowing it off. That was until Austria found him the day of. "You unsocial little brat. You are going to the conference whether you like it or not. Now get in the car!" Austria screamed at him as he pushes and pulls him out of his room. "No you musical wind bag! I am not going!" Roma yelled as he tries to pull away. But it was no use. Austria was bigger and stronger then him. Austria easily threw Roma over his shoulder and carried him out to the car. The whole way to the car and the car ride to the airport Romano was spitting swear words and rude comments at Austria.

After the short flight to France and the car ride to the meeting, Austria pushed Romano into the building and to the conference room. Romano held out his arms, pushing Austria away, fighting him. "I'm not going in there damn it!" Romano yelled at Austria. Furious, Austria shoved Romano, forcing him to fall into the doors, opening them. Romano fell straight on his butt and as the door was swinging shut he saw Austria smirking. Romano yelled "bastard" and got up. Spinning around he came face to face with the people who was in the room. He groaned and reluctantly moved further into the room, leaning against the wall in the far back, grumbling about how he's going to kill Austria when he gets out of here.

"Hi Norway...oh, Lukas...nice to see you too, how about we head inside now," spoke Hannah, as she headed inside too. Passing by several other countries, until reached the same hall that Romano and Austria had barged into. She herself, gave a good around wave - before she found herself a seat, in the place. While also hoping, this wouldn't turn into a shouting match, like usually.

Grumbling under his breath, "Damn it.. when is this going to start?". Pulls a chair to where he was standing and sits down with a huff. Shaking his leg angrily, wishing he could leave, or at least step outside for a cigarette. "Damn Austria and his pushiness." Romano breaths out. Just as he looks up a girl walks in. Taking no mind to it he glances out to the hallway looking to see if Austria is still there. Noticing he's not he stands and walks out with his head down. Upon arriving outside he pulls his pack of cigarettes out and takes one into his mouth. Flicking his lighter to life he lights his cigarette and pushes the pack and lighter back into his jacket pocket. Breathing in the smoke he looks around, noticing people are all dressed up while he's sitting in his normal attire. Taking another drag from his cigarette he pondered on whether Austria would kill him if he ditched. Deciding he doesn't want to die, by Austria that is, he continues to sit on the steps, taking another drag.

Antarctica stretched a bit and nodded to Norway. "Alexander Mains, Antarctica," he introduced, then added, "You guys can just call me Zee. It's easier." Inside he was a little excited, having met some people who didn't seem to think he wasn't actually a country. There were getting less and less of those types of people, but hey, they still existed. Deciding that putting off seeing the big power nations for a little longer was a good idea, Antarctica waved at Hannah as she went inside and gave a small, barely there smile at the others. "I'm gonna hang out here a bit longer. You guys go ahead." He gave a small wave and tried to leave the group as casually as possible. Wandering around and making a mental list of who was there, Zee saw someone storm out of the building and sit on the steps, pulling out a pack of cigarettes and lighting one up. The man looked a little familiar, and as he got closer Zee realised it was South Italy. He didn't really know them, but the curl was a give away and the un-bubbly attitude had to make him Romeo. .... Or something like that. Walking over, Antarctica nodded in a hopefully polite greeting. "Can I bum a smoke?" God, America would throw a fit at how much he was smoking, but stupid America was the main one who encouraged him to go to the stupid meeting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back