• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom The International Sandbox (A Hetalia RP)

Looking up at who was talking to him he nodded and pulled out his pack grabbing one out and handing it to the guy. Takes a drag of his cig and looks up at the guy. Staring at him long enough he realized how tall he really was. Noticing other features he started to look familiar. "You look familiar.. You related to that jerk of a country America?" Romano said, breathing smoke out of his nose. He looks out at the people as they walk by, not noticing him. He grumbles and takes another drag, looking back at the guy standing in front of him.

Antarctica takes the cigarette with a small nod of thanks. Luckily this guy didn't seem too much of an emotions type person. He lit the cigarette and took a long drag, breathing out and watching the smoke dissipate in the wind. Hearing his way of describing America, Zee smiled just a bit before taking another pull off his cancer stick. Really he should have been prepared for the relation type questions, but he wasn't and it took a second to respond. "Yeah, kinda. He's like my.... Cousin, I guess." Family was so hard to deal with and figure out. America and Russia both hung around him a lot, as did Japan and England, but that was all research stuff. And the only one who had talked with him without being totally science oriented was Ancient Rome, but he wasn't around anymore. Realising he hadn't introduced himself, he said, "I'm Alexander Mains, or just Zee since it's easier. Country continent of Antarctica."

He nods and says "Romano. You can call me Roma if you want to. South Italy.." Looks at you with a glint in his eyes. "Maybe a friend?" He thinks to himself. Taking another drag of his cigarette he watches Zee's movements from the corner of his eye. Breathing the smoke out he says "Family is a mess to understand. My grandfather Rome was the weird one, always telling me that i should marry another country and be as powerful as possible." He huffs. "He was such a moron.." Not really knowing why he's going on to someone he just met and cant really stop he continues. "I fell in love, got my heartbroken.. Damn it.. Why? Why'd this happen to me? You said it was easy grandpa.. You said I wouldn't be alone.." Kicks at the air and takes whats left of the cigarette into his system before throwing it, harshly, at the ground. He stands and kicks at a step. He looks at Zee and sighs. "Sorry.." Walks up the steps and back inside. Leans against the wall, not wanting to go back into the meeting. "Damn.. I should just leave before anything else happens.. I'm such a hot head.. Thanks a lot grandpa.." Walks back outside, tucking hands into his pockets.

Unsure of what to do, Antarcitca lets Roma pace about in his fit, finishing his own cigarette and thinking. Roma was Italy, which meant his 'grandpa Rome' was most likely Ancient Rome, who was his first friend and 'big brother'. Of course, Zee had been too young at the time to consider him anything really, and Rome had been a little too old to be a brother. The man had been strange though, even Zee could pick up on that from the scattered times they talked. Weird and lovey and happy but powerful. Antarctica wanted to be powerful once, but with a local population of penguins and scientists, that dream didn't last long and wasn't that important anyways. He didn't want to fight, just wanted to learn as much as he could.

When Roma came storming back outside Zee lifted an eyebrow at him curiously, carefully stubbing out his last half of the cigarette and stashing it in his pocket for later. Getting up and brushing the dirt off his jeans, Zee was pleased to note that Roma wasn't dressed up too much either and that by some miricale of nature, the Eyropean country wasn't taller than him. "So whatever happened to the old man?" Zee figured it was as good of a way to continue a conversation as any. Roma looked like he wanted to be anywhere else in the world, Zee felt the same and was bored out of his mind. Listening o a story about his oldest and first 'friend' sounded like fun.

Looks at Zee and sighs. "He just disappeared.. I don't really know exactly what happened.. He shows up every once in a while at weird moments.. Singing of course.." Slightly laughs to himself. "That man and singing.." Glances around then back at Zee, watching his movements. Still a little jittery from earlier. Begins to look around, in search of Austria. Noticing he is no where out here either he decides to take his chances and ditch the conference. "You want to ditch the conference and go somewhere? Austria forced me here and I really don't want to be here. Waste of my time." Looking at Zee he notices his eyes were mesmerizing. After what felt like minutes but was only seconds he looked away over Zee's shoulder, trying to play off the fact that he was staring at him.

Zee scrunched up his face slightly in confusion. Rome hadn't shown up to him singing, though if he had Zee would probably blow the old man off as a dream. At the option of ditching he shuffled nervously on his feet. "I've only been to one," he confesses, glancing towards the doors. "And it was when England brought me in as a little guy to figure out who's responsibility I was, so I've never really participated." Plus he had new friends all there... Then again... "I've never been here before either, Paris that is. If I could come back..." He trails off when he notices Roma staring at his eye and gently touches the eyepatch he's wearing self consciously. "I've got two different coloured eyes," he explains quietly, taking off the eyepatch and nervously looking at Roma before looking away again. One green eye and one brown eye. It drew a lot of stares, and Zee hoped he wasn't scaring off a friend.

Roma bites his lip and looks down. "You don't have to skip it.. You can go.. Being related America and England you will have plenty of chances to come back here.." He shuffles and kicks at the air, sighing. He looks back up and meets your eyes. He mouths the word "woah" and continues to stare into them. "I'm sorry. I don't mean to stare.. Well i do.. But.. I mean.." He looks down in a sort of frustration. A slight blush brushing his cheeks. He glances back up. "Your eyes are just so mesmerizing.. I didn't mean to make you feel weird or anything.. I.. I really like them." He smiles tenderly and shuffles nervously. "I'm sorry. I'm keeping you from the meeting. You should probably head in if you want to be there before it starts." He sighs and steps around Zee and descends down the stairs.

Zee couldn't have blushed more in his life if he wanted to. Never before had anyone flat out said they liked his eyes. Sure, some said they were cool, but everyone always had the word 'weird' in there somewhere. Researchers had even tried to do tests on him, but he ran away into a blizzard before they could. "Thanks," he mumbled shyly, and cursed his emotions for being so out there. Stupid feelings. Looking down, Zee managed to get a hold of his thoughts and looked up with a slight smile. "Hey, uh..." Thinking quickly before Roma got too far away, Zee ran a hand through his hair. "See after the meeting's over? They said something about a free trip or something." God that sounded stupid even to him. Before he could say something to make himself sound dumber, Zee quickly went inside and into the meeting room, brushing his hair over his brown eye and finding Hannah in the little mob of countries. "I miss anything?" He asked, looking around curiously.

Roma looked back to respond to see Zee retreating back inside. "Damn.." He mumbled under his breath, kicking the air. Roma retreats back to the steps and sits down, thinking of what he should do. Sighing he gets up and goes inside, slipping into the conference room and back to his seat, hoping no one noticed. He sinks into his chair at the sight of Zee sitting next to that girl he saw earlier. Trying to hide his face he thinks about the said trip that was going on afterwards. After about an half an hour he starts to get agitated. He sneaks out hopefully without anyone noticing. "I guess I'll go site seeing now." Roma says, talking to himself. He walks outside the building and jumps down the steps. "Where should I go first?" Roma wonders aloud, looking at the people walking by.

Last edited by a moderator:
((@Kouya Phantom the meeting is still gonna happen. You can't just time skip like that. Please edit it to where that doesn't happen or everyone else will just have to ignore it. Sorry))

William nodded at Hannah and decide to follow her inside. She seemed intelligent, and a capable leader. He would place his trust in her for the meantime. After acknowledging Norway with a Grin and an introduction he followed Hannah into the building. William noticed some of the looks his newly found friend Antarctica was getting. It was apparent that some people still didn't find his presence important. One of those in particular was Mongolia. After a little discussion, William discovered Mongolia seemed to believe that Zee should be a dependent conglomeration of provinces in order to maintain research distribution to all nations, and that Zee would be moved from country to country to do research for all, not just himself. A fair point, but William is if anything, loyal and loud.

"YOU DISHONOR US ALL BY MAKING THESE ACCUSATIONS THAT ONE OF YOUR BRETHREN DOES NOT DESERVE THE TITLE OF COUNTRY! FOR SHAME MONGOLIA! FOR SHAME! HIS SOVEREIGNTY IS JUST AS BLOODY IMPORTANT AS YOURS!" William shouted. William internally smiled. This accomplished two things. It established that Scotland would not tolerate any uncalled for accusations and also was a great deterrent for those whom may have had similar thoughts as Mongolia to vocalize those opinions on the independence of Antarctica.

After shooting one more glare at the crowd that he had created with all the yelling, he retired to his seat in the chambers. It was at the moment empty, as most were still socializing in the lobby. This silence consumed William, and he began to think. Independence. William loved his brothers so very much, but Scotland truly desired a place of his own. To publicly renounce his position in the United Kingdom would cause great chaos for England, Wales, and Ireland. At this point in time, it seemed but a fools dream.

"Man, today is gonna be a long one, isn't it."

(Alright, enough cuteness and chibiness...time for grimdark)..MWAHAHA)

The meeting, as it turnoed out - ended up as a shouting much as usual, the East blaming the West as usual. China and Russia blaming America for the amount of oil he has consumed and left for the rest. The countries of the Middle East, blaming everbody for their state of trouble as usual and so on.

That meeting however soon took a turn, when one Russia started to cough - turning one of his long, diplomatic speeches into a coughing. Hannah looked a little worried for the incident, as that guy was always well - in his cold temperatures and alcohol loving environment, until she felt something familiar and squealed in shock; jumping onto Belgium' lap and shaking all-over - holding onto her 'mother' for dear life.

"WHO LET NUCLEAR MATERIAL LOOSE AGAIN!?" yelled Hannah, over everybody. She felt this way only once, when Ukraine had the Chernobyl accident - and then the woman looked sickly pale for months, during the minor times that Hannah had managed to see the USSR countries. And if she felt this way again, then something similar had happened or somebody had used nuclear warheads. Both spelled trouble, as she would get ill, in short term too from fallout.

Roma decided to just walk around and see whatever was there. While walking he met some beautiful French women but didn't really talk to them much just a simple "hello" and "how are you". As he continued on he was surprised at how tall everyone was then the surprise was gone. "Damn France and his tallness.." He grumbled under his breath as he stopped to look up at the Eiffel Tower. "I am not climbing that." He said to himself already out of breath just looking at it. He decided to head back to the conference building to wait for it to be over. With no intention of going back inside he sat down on the front steps and pulled out his cigarettes. Lighting one up he watched as people flew by him, to wrapped up in their own world to even give him a glance. He sighed and took a long drag from his cig. As releasing the smoke he sat there, waiting.

To say Antarctica was not enjoying himself would have been a gross understatement. Sure, it had been kinda fun at first to hear the others talk, but then some of them had started focusing on him and he couldn't think of anything to say. A few made comments about how he wasn't really a country, but then Mongolia went out and said that he should be divided into states and shared around. Zee wanted to list off all the reasons for why that wouldn't work, but he was too scared that something would happen to him. Then Scotland came in. His new friend distracted everyone else long enough for him to get his thoughts in place and for him to slip away, casting a cold glare at Mongolia and their group before sitting down by Scotland. "Thanks," Zee said quietly, but smiled up at William to let him know Zee meant it.

As the meeting continued it did turn into a shouting match, America and Russia being the two main shouters. It was more than a little frightening for Zee, since he knew the two powerhouses to be somewhat peaceful even around each other. The break from the shouting was nice, until Russia started coughing. A sick sense of dread filled Zee as he felt a slight shift in the air. He was always a little more sensitive to the world, being a large continent completely connected to nature. When Japan was hit Antarctica himself had to take a few days rest. The testing of nukes in the northern countries gave him a head cold. And now a headache was building. Eyes widening in realisation when Hannah started yelling, Zee glanced around and wondered in slight panic who had set what off.

Sitting on the steps Roma started feel queezy. He carefully stubbed out his cigarette and put it back in the pack. Standing he made his way in to the building and to the conference room. Slamming the doors open, looking as if he's going to throw up, he looked at France whom was sitting there, holding his head. "You French bastard! What did you do?!" Roma yelled at him as he stumbled towards him. France stood up, not looking so sick anymore and started back. "What do you mean me? I did nothing!" France said with a straight face, beaming a small smirk. "You're lying.. Everyone else looks as if they're about to pass out. Look at you. You're beaming." Roma said with a small voice, loosing his anger with the sickness. Roma swung lazily at France, missing and dropping to his knees. France bends down and looks at him. "I know how to hold back my sickness. Unlike you." France said as he gently rubbed Roma's back. Roma growled lowly.

Hannah fished out her phone - from inside her pocket, fishing through news, looking for something related to Russia and anything nuclear. Until she found something, and adjusting herself in Belgium' lap, soon uploaded something onto the projector. Presenting a recorded video image of something on screen - that looked to be a reporter, speaking in Russian.

"We are moments away, from the start-up of the new Siberian Nuclear Plant. Sources tell us, that this new facility would be able to supply almost 25% of our current energy needs. We have-oh my what is-" the camera soon zoomed-in, onto the plant. That seemed to have caught on fire, then what followed was an explosion, followed by several other explosions. Screams followed, as some gas started to exit the facility.

"Okay, who was the wise-guy here?!" asked Hannah, changing into her EU-voice, that spelled none of the usual cheerfulness.

Zee watched the news report quietly, silently. Getting up from his chair, he crossed the room and sat on his heels in front of Russia, looking up at his eyes and quietly questioning and comforting him in perfect Russian. He pulled up a chair from somewhere and let Russia lean on his shoulder as radioactive material spread and currupted the country. Glancing up at Hannah Zee hoped that she could do something without everyone blowing each other up. He continued to speak quietly with Russia, even rubbing his back comfortingly, and then looked up and met Hannah's eyes. "Accident," was all he said, because that's what Russia said it seemed like so far. But then again, the whole energy thing going on, Zee wasn't sure.

Roma looked at Zee as he spoke to Russia, watching the ways he speaks. He starts to feel queezy again and darts out into the hallway, throwing up in the trashcan. He holds his head as a massive headache comes around. Roma sinks to the floor and groans. "Why am I getting the worst of it.?" He says to himself, holding his head in his hands. He bites his lip roughly, trying not to yell out in pain. Roma gets up and walks back into the room as calmly as possible, almost falling to the floor again. "Who was at the plant?" Roma groaned out as he sat in his chair in the back. He looked up at Russia, wanting to help but is helpless himself.

William watched the proceedings with almost indifference. That is, until Hannah dropped the bombshell that there was a nuclear accident and now many former USSR nations are experiencing fallout. This was quite shocking, but William just decided to let England talk about it for him. Zee was very concerned, possibly because he knew just how bad fallout can affect the world. For some reason though, all that was on his mind was England. He was so conflicted, he wanted to leave England so much and this was the perfect situation to do it. There was clearly more pressing matters at hand, but still, perhaps sometime today he could make a move.

"Okay, everybody just calm down. It is pointless to point fingers at people(looks at Hannah) or panic(looks at America) at the moment. Give them some iodine pills and rest. Maybe take them to the hospital. We can reprimand Russia and his lack of carefulness later. Right now they need help." William said, trying to bring reason to the place. He doubted anyone would listen, but surprisingly everyone grew quiet upon his speaking. Scotland would seize this opportunity now. He drew a deep breath.

"We came here to talk about the oil crisis, and now some nuclear disaster has happened. We have two choices. Right now they need help so we can count taking action to create more safety in alternative forms of energy productions in Russia out. Our two main concerns are how are we going to mediate the oil industry, and second, what are going to be the affects of this nuclear disaster and how can we possibly halt any further damage." William was surprised that he was able to command the conversation long enough to get the message out. He looked at Zee and shrugged his shoulders as he sat back down in his chair.

"I second that," spoke up Hannah, commanding the aura that came with being the entirety of the European Union. "Moving onto the greener technology and energy is vital. The incident in Russia and the lowering reserves of oil left in the world - means we can't solve any of our problems with just oil and nuclear material."

"We need to divert resources and aid in the clean-up off this material, before it spreads. Utilizing the dwindling oil reserves to find new sources of energy," spoke Hannah - albeit there were some countries against it. Namely the larger, oil consuming ones - America and some others. That immediately caused another debating match, between them and the anti-oil bloc.

William smiled at Hannah. She was quite powerful, and commanded attention the same way William did when he wanted to. Plus she even seconded his opinion. Not to mention how beautiful she was. Perhaps she could be a possible friend in the future. William was happy that in the span of an hour he found two people whom he actually liked. This was a new record.

William decided to wait patiently for more countries to voice their woes and opinions. It seemed many had trepidation to voice their opinions due to the presence of some of the larger countries and how dire the situation presented was.

Roma's sickness slowly went away after William's speech. He looked at him then to everyone else. Knowing he really shouldn't be here he decided it was probably best to leave. As he stood some of the countries looked at him. He shyly headed for the door. Before he could reach it a hand grabbed his shoulder. Turning he met Russia's hurt eyes. "Spain.." He says sadly and goes back to his seat. At first Roma didn't understand but after a few seconds it hit him. "Sp--Spain.." He said quietly, tears forming. He pulls open the door and rushes out in a speed walk. He makes it halfway down the hall before closing in on himself.

He leaned against the wall, a crying mess. "Damn it Spain.." He quietly says to himself. He hits his head off the wall, trying to stop the tear flow. After what felt like hours but in reality a few minutes they stopped. He just sat there. Couldn't move. Wouldn't move. Not able to get him out of his head.

Despite Hannah's best efforts, the meeting was falling into a mass of panic. Countries left and right were murmuring rumours or yelling at each other. A few sat in what looked like shock, and the countries closest to Russia were looking close to tears. It was disastrous, put simply, and Antarctica had enough. He pulled out his phone, glad tech was always up to date with him, and quickly ran through several different weather scenarios while doing quiet calculations under his breath. Punching numbers into a computer would be more accurate, but Zee didn't need accuracy really. He needed fast, and it took all of ten seconds for him to figure out what was going on. Then he stood up.

"Everybody shut up!!" It drew attention, yelling like that. He didn't like all the eyes focused on him, but it needed to be done. Hannah's seemingly kinda ways wouldn't help the more stubborn (and honestly sexist) countries listen, so Zee decided it was time to take things into his own hands. "The melt down happened here," he said, keeping his voice loud as his phone screen replaced what Hannah was projecting. "Due to current jet stream and weather movement, countries East of Russia are likely to experience more fallout. Everyone west will be experiencing side effects as well, and the nuclear material will leak into the (insert Russian name) River, which leads into Europe." Zee continued to list off what would happen, naming times and places, then fixed a hard stare around the room. "Everyone will help organise clean up. Everyone will help aid in recovery. And everyone will stop bickering about a limited material long enough to help an irreplaceable country." The last was said with a pointed look between America and Russia, and then Zee was done, sitting down in his chair and letting out a breath he hadn't realized he'd been holding.

(May I join? I would like to use my OC, Greenland. Her name's Auguste and she has medium length blonde hair, and wears a red outfit with gold accents and a small cap. If I could I would also like to do my two Virgin Islands OCs, Areyah and Reyah. I'll put them in the next post if that's okay, though. Areyah has short blonde hair with a headband. She wears a pastel blue dress usually, and Reyah likes to wear jeans and a t-shirt. They don't have special military uniforms, but Areyah wears a dark grey skirt and a nice blue top, and Reyah wears a white top with black slacks.)

Auguste flattened her hair as she walked into the old building. "Seriously, this could collapse on us." She said, quietly. She didn't understand why she had been invited, short of it was a world-wide oil spill. She didn't get it, but Alfred had begged her to come, so she had. When she came in, the first thing she noticed was yelling, and she sighed. The next was that she smelled smoke. "I hope that's a cigarette and not a fire." She mumbled. She didn't recognize the voices that were arguing, but she didn't remember many of the countries from when she was little. When she emerged into the room, she noticed Lukas and made her way over to him. He was one person likely to notice her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back