• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

The In-unbeatable Crayons!

Minako

🎮Super High School Level Gamer: Chiaki Nanami🎮
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check

tumblr_mvr7l8rk_JZ1r25rhdo1_1280.jpg

Magical girls. Said to be the protectors of their domain, always fighting for love and justice. You'll notice both of those things are BLIND and Magical Girls can see about just as well as that. 

Hey, don't look at me like that, I can talk bad about them... I AM one of them. I know this from EXPERIENCE. From personally meeting them. I know a whole school. They literally are so self-centered and one-track minded that even a BAT would see better than them, without their sonar. 

Usually, a magical girl gets confronted by a magical being, makes a wish, and then get's awesome magical powers. They find a group of friends and start off on some sort of magical adventure where they discover themselves and bond with each other as only true friends could.

Yeah, that's usually the thing that happens, isn't it? Not for all of us.

Oh, don't get me wrong, there are the lucky ones who get good powers and go through that. In fact, this place needs all the magical girl help it can get to keep all the monsters away, especially at night. I'm just sayin' not all magical girls powers are equal.

In fact, if you're like some of us, you get a completely useless power that can't help anyone for crap, and then you're stuck being the laughing stock of all magical girls. To add some salt to that wound, you can't even help others with said useless power, which is what I'd imagine would be why naive idiots take the gig in the first place. 

Yes, I'm basically describing myself and a few others with that misfortune.

So, what do the "useless" magical girls do? You're about to find out...

((This is a 1x1 'tween me and @Idea ^^))

Last edited by a moderator:

ingrid.jpg

Sketch was happily doodling on her notebook, not sure if she wanted to bring this particular sketch to life or not. It was just a stupid giraffe that she saw in a book she was reading.

"Ugh, stupid, what am I doing?" She wondered to herself as she began erasing it.

"You'd think bringing life to the lifeless would be something special... Something useful... Like a statue to life to stop monsters... but no... Just stupid doodles... Jeez...No wonder I'm a laughing stock..." She disdainfully thought, almost fighting tears.

She was all magiced up and ready to fight, as is required of all magical girls, except she was hiding in a safe spot since she couldn't really fight, though if she drew something with a weapon she might be able to fend off monsters at the least.

Before she could think of something else to draw, she sensed the presence of another magical girl: It was someone she wasn't quite familiar with, just that she was also screwed over by the powers that be, given her costume was a onsie that made her look like a giant baby. She didn't quite catch her name, but she'd seen her around before. Sketch wasn't particularly fond of her, but than again, the same could be said of Sketch not being fond of anyone really.

Despite her feelings for this Magical girl, they were in the same boat, and that should at least grant her Sketch's civility.

"I'm not sure to feel sorry for her or be envious of the fact she could take a nap right now and no magical girl would bat an eyelash... Either way I feel she's owed an apology from somebody as much as I am..." Sketch thought, deciding on the former.

@Idea

Phantom8-noscale.jpgIMG_3011.PNG

<Why do I even keep trying?> I wondered as I chased after the whole winged puppy. The tiny fur ball was as energetic as always, so much so that I would have to scream off the top of my lungs or grab it by the ear before it would listen to anything I said. Rather than that, the more I tried to catch it the more fun it seem to be having, not just running but also skipping around and leaping into trash cans to ran some unfinished yogurt. 

I stopped at last, panting heavily, with one hand on my chest to catch my breath. You'd think being a magical girl would grant me some additional strength and stamina or something, by seeing how my outfit was suppose to be a baby, the the two things sorta counter-acted each other. Though, that was only the tip of the iceberg of the disparity between what I thought I might be as a magical girl, and what's i actually was.

Right about right next to me, a fight was taking place. In that tiny square created by the space between four buildings, two magical girls were fighting a GIANT BATMONSTER WITH SPIKES ON FIRE. Yeah, we get it: "evil". Something's don't need so much emphasizing. Especially if your ass is just gonna get kicked anyway, because some magical girls had proper powers. 

The monster screeched as "Rockbiter" closed her fist in front of it and like a hundred blocks of stone emerged from the concrete and slammed into it the monster. High heels, a golden and purple glowing dress, a giant badass sword , Rockbiter was a magnificent sight to behold. And on top of the cake, that little bow on the head kinda allowed to still be a little cute. 

Next up was the "Candy Boss". With the cheerfully colored suit and tie, it wasn't hard to imagine why she got that nickname. Add the the silly top hat, the cute poses and that heart tatto on her cheek, and you would have the girl that matches almost perfectly with "Rockbiter" , making the duo cute, funny, strong, professional and magnificent. 

"Soft...heart! Chu! " She called out, placing both hands over her lips and blowing a kiss at the bat monster. A big chubby red heart inflated from her lips like a fast balloon and left a trail of smaller paper hearts as it flew towards the monster, who was still struggling against the rocks. The creature began to blush as the heart entered it and seemed to instinctively cover itself in it's wings. The "rockbiter" jumped at their foe, prepared to strike it down, but failed to account for one thing: it was a rather tsundere bat. Spikes erupted out of it, towards the magical girl. 

"I guess I'll have to help too...." I sighed. I had to poop anyway, and spending a week without a bathroom had had it's consequences. I gave it a slight push and the thing came out easily, growing the bulk between my legs. I quickly unzipped the onesie'd back and removed the diaper (with another instantly growing back) and hurled it at the spikes. Focusing on it with my magic that diaper would work as a minor bomb, which should defend at least a couple of the spikes. 

I mistimed it though, and the thing exploded BENEATH the spikes. This would, of course, make the attack even deadlier if not the weird green bubbles that appeared around each of us. I knew who did it... she wasn't gonna show herself yet, was she? Still, the move worked , protecting Rockbiter , Candy Boss and myself alike. 

My onesie zipped back on it's own. The Rockbiter gave me a glare and a growl, before charging in again. The bat was starting to recover it's senses but was still coughing from the diaper bomb. With a hand covering her nose and another waving the stick she had for a weapon, Candy boss charged in too to make up for the former. 

"I'm not gonna be forced to use my trump on this thing!" She yelled as she bashed her staff towards the bat, who easily deflected it by waving it's wing and roaring at her. This was still enough of a distraction though, as the Rockbiter jumped above the bat, managing to hit a clean strike with just a momentary panty shot for the camera. Her huge sword and huger strength did the rest of the work, splitting the monster in two, which caused it to dissolve into black dust. 

Rockbiter carved her sword into the ground, before turning to me.

"Rock-a-by ba-byyyyyy!!!!!!" She screamed, stomping her foot and causing the ground to shake with every step as she marched towards me. "We HAD THIS, dam it! Why did you have to interfere? We could have died because of you! Are you really so incompetent you have to try to steal credit from others? HUH?!"

"What? Stop with the jokes, you were about to be turned into mincemeat!"

"Oh, REALLY? And YOU would have helped? The only joke here is you. You should have stayed in your crib."

I growled. I was trying to help her, yet she... she treated me like this! It wasn´t like I was the only one with a stupid useless power! Just at that Sketch girl the other day: her scribbles were even worse than my baby summons! I clenched my teeth and my fist, I couldn´t take it anymore. So, I tried punching her.

It came as no surprise that without even actually touching me, just by the quick raise of her arm in my direction, I was blown away to the next alley over. I rolled on the ground, caching dust all over my onesie, and now I was too angry to even think. I growled again.

"So that´s how you wanna play? Alright, summon Nautilus!" I raised my hand a large squid monster appeared. However, don´t let it fool you: the massive pink squid had two days of age. The thing waved it´s tentacles happily, and sprayed ink into the sky like some dirty fountain. Needless to say, the only things that could have been caught in that range were me and whoever it was that I was just realizing... was sitting right behind me with a sketch pad.

@Minako

IMG_3012.JPG

imagesUHN8D7AB.jpg

ingrid.jpg

Sketch had an inkling feeling that she should have gotten up and moved as soon as she sensed this particular magical girl, but her pity and relatability caused her to stay put and assume the chances they would actually bump into each other were still pretty slim given the distance.

She would NOT be making that mistake again.

Before she could get up or react to anything, Baby had slammed into the wall, right next to her, and started summoning one of her useless, infant creatures. Then she had them attack... from way, way, way out of range of whoever she actually WANTED to attack...  

"Wow..." Sketch began, getting up and trying her best to wipe the showered ink from her dress and sketchbook, raising an eyebrow at Rock-a-by Baby and extending her hand to feel the rest of it land on the palm of her gloved hand, as if she was feeling rain, "And here I thought pure failure would be too cold to directly touch."

It wasn't that she was mad at Baby, by any means, she was just irritated that Baby was not only using her powers stupidly AND out of anger, but that she clearly did not understand the LIMITS of said power and that now caused both of them to look like they just took a bath in ink. Now, the black liquid wouldn't normally agitate her so, as Sketch liked ink...

But in a doodle...

ON PAPER.

"So, Genius, you gonna put this "Kraken" away, or is Davvy Jones gonna be missing his locker buddy for a lil' bit longer?" She asked, annoyed, while continuing to shake the ink off.

@Idea

imagens.jpg 

(3rd Person Cinematic)

"She was doing her best, you know?"

"She could have killed us." Rockbitter replied with her sword over her shoulders and Candy Boss playfully hugging her from behind, while giggling. "But in respect for you and thanks for cleaning up her mess with your shields, Puppet, we´ll leave her at your discretion...this time. That baby needs some decent, strict upbringing though, she has no manners..."

Rockbitter began walking away, with Candy Boss skipping next to her, both in contrast with the starting sunset.

The other magical girl waved at them, holding a baby puppy in her arms.

(Clara´s POV)

"Rrrrrrr......" I growled at the raining ink spreading over my onesie. Why? Why did it have to turn out like this? I clenched my teeth and my fists, and glared at the squid monster, who immediately covered itself in it´s own tentacles. "Why did you spray it on ME, idiot?"

A single drop of water emerged in the eyes of the sea creature, making my hands let go for a second. It was gonna cry wasn´t it? The giant monster squeezed itself, forming a certain familiar shape above it´s "waist" (could squids be said to have a waist?) , round and bulky. It led my hands to my own chest, and it took a moment to get a hold of myself and roll them down the smooth surface, knowing the infant couldn´t possibly be mocking me in retaliation. Plus it was starting to whale a little, more tears (increasingly black) rolling down the eyelids. I took a deep breath, ready to apologize, when I heard a voice behind me.

WHY THE CRAP DID THEY HAVE TO INTERRUPT ME NOW?!

"What´s your problem, jerk?" I yelled as I turned to face the person behind me. A magical girl, like myself, in a completely monochrome attire. I growled as my face turned red from the realization she was covered in my summon´s ink, like myself, like the plank she held. She wasn´t...drawing or writing on that thing was she? Wait, drawing... it reminded me of... Ah, I knew who this was. And it didn´t make me happy. And to sneak up on me, while I was talking to my summon... I was angry enough at the failure my summon was, and that weird chest gestures she was doing...

At that moment, my eyes locked on a certain pair of oval objects almost exposed in the outfit of the other magical girl. My hands crawled to my chest, as I felt my heart thump down almost in desperation. I couldn´t afford to loose to this one. I stomped my feet in her direction, two or three times to get up close. "Oh, very funny. To be expected of Sketch. Tell me, have you tried face-painting yet? I think some clown make-over would fit you perfectly. Though I suppose a big white poodle of spit wouldn´t be very nice... Still, it would be the second monochrome worthless spit I see today."

I gave her an angry grin, a challenging grin. As if I would...

"Ow!" I complained as I felt a knuckle on the head. As I opened my eyes, I saw that Sketch got a knuckle too, from a certain familiar green magical girl.

"You two... You should be nicer to each other, you know? You´re both in though ropes, you shouldn´t be fighting, you should be friends."

"But, but..." I tried speaking up.

"You in particular, rockaby baby. Apologize to Sketch. And then to your summon."

"It´s not my fault my squid is such a fail..."

"You summoned it, and besides, it was trying it´s best. Just like you were in the alley back there."

I pouted. I hated to admit it, but she was right: I had too tried and failed back in the alley. I couldn´t be angry at my summons for it. I sighed, then bowed to Sketch.

"I´m sorry I accidentally got ink on you, and that I was...rude..." I turned to the squid monster. "Sorry for getting angry..."

The squid started to calm down a bit, and the green magical girl tiptoed to the monster, petting it.

"There, there, all better..." She said. It made me a little envious, really. She was the kindest person I knew. She had helped me start out as a magical girl in spite of the other´s mocking me and shunning me. She seemed to be always there for me, keeping me safe, teaching me, cheering me up, scolding me. It was like having a second mother... And such a sweet one at that!

"And thank you for protecting me, Puppet. Thank you for everything."

She didn´t respond but with a smile and a wave of her puppet rabbit. A winged puppy flew out from her pocket at that point, with a sausage in it´s mouth, running towards me again. I bent down and petted it. Somehow, I was able to smile at the little furball,  thanks to puppet calming me down.

@Minako

ingrid.jpg

Sketch just kind of stared blankly at her while she was spewing insults right back at her that were no where near her caliber of sass, and continued shaking the ink off of herself.

She was about to just shake off some of the ink from her fingers off right at Baby's face, but before she could even get close to her she was instead stopped cold in her tracks by a green-haired familiar face. 

It was Puppet. Notably, it was Puppet displeased and making her apologize. Puppet was the closest thing Ingrid had to a Mom, and she hated to displease a maternal figure.

Sketch sighed as she apologized to her as well, curtsying, "I'm sorry, too, for my snark."

Feeling a bit forced, especially after her rude and poor excuse for a comeback that she needed a toddler to interpret in order to fully understand, she wasn't sure if it was sincere or not, but it wasn't like it would SOUND any different even if it was and she might as well return the favor since she apologized as well.

She rubbed her head furiously as she got conked on her head by Puppet, who she would have also insulted for that if Sketch didn't actually care about and trust her.

It was pretty typical Puppet to soothe an infant anything, let alone an infant Nautilus. Sketch smiled, and would have drawn the moment in her notebook...if she could... it was drowned in ink.

She kinda stared at it sadly when she suddenly felt Puppets compassionate hand on her shoulder, reassuring her, "We can get you a new one."

"....Yeah, okay." 

@Idea

(Clara´s POV)

"Plus, this doesn´t even make sense." Puppet added, pulling away a bit. "You girls should get along better."

I stopped petting my summon, looked away, pouting.

"That´s easy to you with your awesome ability, but we..."

"That´s only the more reason to get along. You were both very unlucky with your powers, that is not fair, but there is nothing we can do to change that. Not with Love Potion missing, the only girl who could alter the abilities of other magical girls. That means that the most suited people to fend off for you is each other. You´re the ones that can best understand how the other one feels. You get along so well as normal girls too... "

I was about to reply, when another thought popped into my head.

"Wait, what? You were watching me as a normal girl? Isn´t that against the rules?"

Puppet smiled, tilted her head, then playfully looked up with a hand on her chin.

"Oh, is that so? I thought the rules only said you couldn´t aim to spy on any magical girl outside of her magical girl self. I just happened to stumble upon you and thought "oh there´s my friend, maybe I´ll just wait a little before talking to her". " She smiled at my speechless self again. "Plus, the rules sometimes need to be bent a little for those you care about."

Her hand and her puppet bunny clapped.

"That said, I won´t stand for this clueless arguing anymore. Both of you change back. Sketch go back to Ingrid, Rockaby Baby, go back to Clara." She told us. My eyes widened.

"What?"

@Minako sorry about the delay

ingrid.jpg

To a degree, Sketch did agree with Puppet: Her and Baby WERE in the same boat, and SHOULD help each other... But Sketch couldn't imagine Baby wanting to do anything other than help herself. Sketch kinda tilted her head in confusion at Puppet's request, but only because she had said a name that she didn't expect to be hearing at all.

Clara?

As in, her FRIEND Clara? 

"Wait, what are you talking about? Why are you bringing Clara into this, of all people?" Sketch asked, confused.

"A-and wait a second, this is completely against the rules... like, taboo breaking against the rules and stuff...I'm not sure..." Sketch shifted and shuffled uncomfortably... looking at Baby as if she wanted her to go first.

Now that Sketch thought about it, she did kinda sound like Clara, if Clara was an infant, and she supposed in the right light...

"Just do it, you'll be fine," She heard Puppet say through shifting, and as hard as Sketch fought to do so, she shot Puppet a look of uncertainty and cringed.

"But--"  Sketch tried to protest, then felt a soft finger on her lips. 

"Trust me," Puppet urged, but maternally.

"...Fine," Sketch agreed, reluctantly.

Puppet wouldn't ask her to do anything that would really harm her, and if what she was hinting at what Sketch thought she was hinting at, this was going to be one heckuva shock for Baby.

Sketch stepped a bit away from the two of them, took a deep breath, and clutched her Soul Gem. A faint light surrounded her for a moment, and the white-haired magical girl was now transformed into a black-haired normal girl, with a plain cardigan and skirt instead of her pretty grey sailor outfit. 

@Idea ((So sorry this took a bit!))

(Clara´s POV)

"For a change, she´s right Puppet." I commented. "It´s against the rules to just show ourselves like that."

My words didn´t seem to reach either of them, however. Puppet insisted that Sketch and I reverted to our normal girl selves and to my surprise, Sketch agreed. Well, it was understandable. Nomatter who she was dealing with, Puppet never seemed to change. Nothing could get her to drop that maternal side of her, constantly looking out for everyone. Nomatter who, when or how. She was a true magical girl, the likes of which were surprisingly rare when so many girls were bestowed with powers like these. I sighed, not seeing the point...of...all...this....

"INGRIND?!" I nearly shouted, with puppet coming over to cover my mouth. "Mhmmhmhphph?"

"Don´t make so much noise Rockabybaby, now´s your turn. We don´t want to get caught doing this, do we?"

I shook my head, then grabbed my own thing. Light enveloped me as I felt the fabric of my clothes tearing and getting replaced with my usual school uniform. Puppet smile and pulled away, like she was up to something and her "evil plans" were about to be complete. But more importantly... I stared at the other girl agape. I was speechless.

"Since when were you a magical girl? And you´re Sketch? I..." That reminded me: I ruined her sketchbook, didn´t I? Oh no, she loved that Sketchbook... This was so weird, so confusing. I really didn´t like Sketch but Ingrind was my best friend! None of us could really charge the other for not saying anything... I guess if I had to say how I felt , I would say "dumb and regretful". "I´m sorry, Ingrind, I´ll... I´ll use my allowance to get you a new sketchbook! Better than that one even!"

@Minako

ingrid1.png

Ingrid had reverted black to her dark hair, and regular clothes. Well, as regular as kinda borderline gothic-lolita clothes could get... if they wanted to dress subtlety. Her face, however, seem to be frozen in a shocked stupor, her mouth still gaping a bit. She was blinking a bit every second or so, and it was hard for her to come up with witty repotiore when she was so dumbfounded. 

"I made a contract a few days back," Ingrid explained, answering her questions in the order that they came, still a bit dumbfounded by this new turn of events, "I just wanted some peace and quiet while I was drawing... I just wanted to get better at drawing, like my tutor is..."

"Er... yeah... uhm... It's okay... I can just go get another one at the bookstore... It's really no big deal..." Ingrid again half-muttered, almost catching up with what exactly was going on.

"So... You're a magical girl too...." Ingrid sort of grimaced, "What was your wish, then...?"

@Idea

(Clara´s POV)

With long pink hair dropping slowly onto the microphones that attached themselves to my pale neck, each thread surrounded by sparkling dots that vanished gradually around myself, along with my summons who required my magical form to stay in this realm (good riddance!). My friend was in her usual gothic attire, whereas I preferred some casual blue clothing, a simple shirt and jacket. I blinked, and listened to Sketch...I mean, Ingrind, what made her into a magical girl, all the while fearing the question that did in fact come. I didn´t manage but to look away, red as a tomato, trying to force myself to utter an answer.

"I-I-I...I wish-wished tha-tha-that I...that I...that I didn´t have to babysit my cousin, OK?" I covered my face with my palms, unable to face her directly after revealing the outstandingly anticlimactic and dumb wish I had made. And on top of that, my power! But the worst part was something she probably wouldn´t even think of asking... Hopefully. The day had already had so many twists and turns, who knew if it would stop at this?

"I´ll be leaving you two to your own devices now." Puppet said. "I´m sure you have a lot to talk about. But don´t forget about your curfews, ok?"

She smiled and flipped back to the side of a building, using the momento to push herself to the top of the next one and then leaping from one to the next.

I stared down at Ingrind. What now?

(OOC: do you have discord? @Minako)

ingrid1.png

"Hey, I didn't exactly have a great rhyme or reason for my wish either, once I think about it..." Ingrid muttered quickly, almost under her breath, kinda consoling Clara, hoping she didn't continue to feel bad for revealing her wish.

For a moment, Ingrid stayed silent, just nodding slowly and also kinda avoiding eye contact with Clara as she told her the wish that started it all. Ingrid sort of saw it coming, in hindsight, and she sort of didn't. For many a time now, she did get earfuls of Clara complaining about how much she had to babysit said cousin, and did bail on many mall hangouts and movie invites with her because of it as well... But Ingrid never imagined Clara was so desperate to escape the responsibility that she would practically wish her soul away for it...

Maybe Ingrid didn't know Clara as well as she thought she did... 

But before she could do or say anything more, Puppet decided to leave them!

"A-a-ah, wait--!" Ingrid tried to stop Puppet from leaving like she did, even so far as trying to run after her for a second, but Puppet disappeared out of sight before Ingrid got very far... Ingrid kinda hung her head and frowned, knowing if Puppet had known of this, what else did she know? 

"Gone..." Ingrid muttered, more to herself than Clara, really, snapping her finger a bit aggressively. 

She sighed a bit heavily and then turned to Clara, some shame in her face as well. 

"So...who did YOU make YOUR contract with...? They tell you all the...uh...'gorey' details...?" Ingrid asked, unsure of how exactly to steer the conversation, but figuring now that they knew each other on a completely different level now, they might as well go all out and find out everything they can about this new aspect of both their... possibly now severely shortened... lives.

@Idea

(Clara´s POV)

"But mine was just so STUPID! Like, you saw where it got me. My name is OFFICIALLY baby! My entire family thought I was na infant for a week, and because of that I...." I stopped myself at this point, i didn´t want to reveal too much. Like, you know, TMI, right? I chuckled a bit nervously, eager to change the subject. I didn´t want to think about that time...

*flashback*

"Sis, sis! Look look!" I put down my cellphone and stared at the kid´s crappy drawing. It consisted of one twisting line of prink, three random lines of red and one would-be-a-circle-if-toddlers-could-draw line of green. It nicer than some of the paitning my mother tried to shove into my face, yes, but that didn´t mean I liked to have that crap crammed into my precious skin either. Like, did he even KNOW how much make up it took to look like I did? The detail I had to put into it? I could only imagine he didn´t, he was a baby after all. I sighed.

"Yeah, yeah, very nice,very pretty, you´re the best." I said, reaching out to my phone again when I was done. The kid pulled back a few steps.

"Youwe lying, awen´t you?" he asked me. I facepalmed with my phone when I saw the forming tears. IT HURT. My phone on my face that was... and that tiny little thing on my chest, couldn´t he leave me alone already? "You dwon´t wike it."

I got up and sat on the couch.

"Of course I did...silly... I just... I.... did you drop your pacifier or something?"

"Pacifier?!" He said in a challenging (that´s how it sounded to me) tone of voice. "I´m not a baby!"

"That´s news to me..." I muttered, but appearantly, he heard it, stomped his foot and starting bawling for real.

"See?" I said, getting up. What could I even do to put na end to this mess? The thing on my chest was getting worse... "Oh c´mon kid, don´t cry..."

*flashback over*

Fortunately for me, Puppet´s exit set Ingrid off balance too and she changed the topic herself.

"Gorey details? You mean how we´ll have to fight the monsters? Yeah I know about that. Heard of nothing else, though... You?" I retorted. "As for whom I contracted with, it´s to give a credible answer. Though I suppose in our particular circumstances, a talking lion cub wouldn´t be the most difficult to believe..."

*flashback*

I headed to the kicthen, maybe i could feed him into calming down. But how...with what? I was pretty sure at this point that feeding him a baby bottle would probably only make him more upset (why I had no idea, I mean, he was indesputably a baby).

"need some help?" someone asked me.

"Kid, when did you..." I turned to see something flying really close to my face, and had to contain a scream.

"A haunted plush?" It was the tiny winged lion´s turn to facepalm.

"I am a magical girl contractor."

"What ?"

"Basically, I am someone who can Grant you one wish if you become a magical girl."

"When?"

"depends on the wish."

"Can I pass on babysitting my cousin? Like, forever?"

"If you sign the contract."

"Contract? Sure, but..." A piece of paper suddenly appeared in front of me, causing me to get startle and drop baby food on it. the contractor smiled.

"Pleasure doing business."

"but wait, I didn´t..."

That´ll be enough." I heard the fainting voice say, but the animal was gone.

"What was... WOW!" I looked down at myself, and my outfit had completly changed. I was wearing a huge pijama, no, a huge onsie with some kind of pattern of colors I clouldn´t figure out, but beneath there was something really comofortable and c...

no...

SINCE WHEN DID I HAVE A DIAPER ON?

Which mean the hard sensation on my mouth was...

my eyes widened

no

anything but that!

*end flashback*

ingrid1.png

"E-er, yeah, I-I guess the Lion Cub wasn't that much of a stretch compared to everything else in hindsight..." Ingrid stared at Clara for a moment, eyeing her up to see if she was for real... aaaaand she was.

Ingrid sort of looked at Clara with a very concerned look in her eyes...

Did... Did she really not know...? Did she not know they could DIE fighting these monsters?

"Y-y-you... you READ what you signed...r-right? Surely, getting a contract from a magical talking Lion Cub would warrant READING ANYTHING they shove in front of you this time... r-right...?" Ingrid questioned Clara, now extremely worried as, knowing Clara as she did, the girl barely scrolled through the "terms and conditions" contract every time she signed up for something or her phone got an update...

@Idea

(Clara´s POV)

"Read? I...yeah, I read it, no worries. The fine printing was very interesting..." I averted my gaze as I uttered these words. There were really wasn´t much time to read when you don´t even really sign the contract, just kind of stumble and drop something they "consider" to be enough for signing. That mischievious little rat of a lion cub, if I ever got my hands on it, I would rip it to shreds right down to it´s cotton ba... I realized I was starting to frown form the thought alone. I needed to change subjects and QUICKLY. "Uh...oh, right, Christmas is right around the corner! Have you done your Christmas shopping yet, Ingrid?"

I approached the girl and reached an arm to put around her shoulder, then pointed in the general direction of the mall.

"How about we go to the mall? Oh boy that reminds me a song... I think I downloaded it on my phone...but what do you say Ingrid? Shall we go shopping? Besides, I own you a new sketchbook, right? Lead the way , boss!" I gave her a little shove, a big smile (that I was forcing a bit, but I did get behind her and talk real fast so she wouldn´t have time to process it) and a continence...how ironic that word "continence". I didn´t allow that memory back on me again, though, and instead I shook my head and walked besides her, shooting yet another question. Consecutive attack! "So, tell me, what would you like for Christmas? I´d like to buy you something special..."

I was about to shoot myself in the foot again by reminding her of how late I was to her birthday party...

Better not bring up things I´d regret bringing up.

@Minako

ingrid1.png

Ingrid sighed heavily, knowing the change of topic assuredly meant Clara did NOT read what she signed.

"O-oh, well, I--" Clara kinda bombarded her, and thus didn't let Ingrid properly respond to any of her questions, and out of force of habit she kinda stiffened as Clara put her arm around her shoulder, and then started bamboozling her into a trip to the Mall.

"Uh...sure...Why not...?" Ingrid agreed confusedly, blinking and unsure of exactly what she was agreeing to, "Uh, you don't have to get me anything, I know you've already spent the majority of your allowance anyway..."

Clara didn't really have a sense of proportion, to Ingrid at least, so even though that hunch was a shot in the dark, she had a good feeling she was mostly right.

Ingrid didn't want to tell Clara, but she had ALREADY gotten HER a Christmas present... It was safely tucked into her desk drawer so Clara wouldn't find it when she came over, but no way was Ingrid going to tell her that. It took too much chores and lawn-mowing to earn the money to buy the gift, bag, and card for Clara to ruin the surprise BEFORE the Holiday...

@Idea

(Clara´s POV)

"Ah, c´mon girl! You know I wouldn´t leave you hanging like that. I even did it once before, remember? That was so awkward..." And this was awkward too. Reminding her of stuff I didn´t want her remembering. Such as that one Christmas that I found Ingrid giving me a necklace, and without taking it, I rushed out to the nearest convenience store and spent the whole rest of the night looking for something to give her... And in the end, all I could bring back was a pack of pens and a cake. It was so humiliating I even cried that night after I left her. But now, I needed something new to think about, so we wouldn´t go back on that topic. Maybe... "So, what stores would you like to go to first? Or should we grab a bite of something first? Or leave that for later? You choice."

We soon arrived to the mall itself. It was huge, four stories high building, extraordinarily clean considering the number of people that normally hanged around in it (and especially now , that we were in Christmas season). Everything was either pristine concrete, some piece of tech like the transparent elevator to the third floor  (I loved riding that thing for some reason) or had some cool, punny advertisement like "Here at home parties, we make sure you part-y from our store with a smile!". Speaking of smiles, I gave one to Ingrid.

"So, where to first?"

@Minako (sorry that it´s a bit rushed)

Soccer_Garden_Shopping_Mall.png

Ingrid wasn't really a huge fan of crowded places, like the mall, but she knew Clara was, so she tolerated it. It was a rather impressive mall, to be fair, and the sheer size and scale of it did bring a good amount of awe Ingrid appreciated.

Sort of.

She looked around at the Holiday cheer of the building and couldn't help but wonder how DID they manage to decorate everything?

It must take a crew with as much equipment and machinery as construction, Ingrid concluded as they stepped inside.

Though the fancy smell of new clothing or items was what attacked their nostrils at first, Ingrid knew as soon as they were near a food court they'd smell nothing but pizza and burgers, and as soon as they got near a Starbucks they'd small nothing but gingerbread lattes.

Actually, coffee didn't sound half-bad to the un-caffeinated Goth girl, now that she thought about it. She could really go for a latte right now, with some of their holiday gingerbread cookies.

...Hey, it was better than friggin' PUMPKIN SPICE they always put out every fall...

"Mmm," Ingrid muttered, shaking off her head from wondering and getting right back to reality, then answered Clara's question, "I'm actually kinda hungry, Clara. Do you mind if we stop by the food court first before anything? Afterwards we can hit up Sephora or something, I think I need new black lipstick."

Make-up wasn't EXACTLY Clara's thing, but they wouldn't be there long since this month it was just her lipstick that was running low.

Next month, however, Ingrid calculated she would need to spend a bit more on her pale foundation...

As she pointed towards the direction of the food court, Ingrid was mentally setting aside her money in anticipation.

Idea Idea

Last edited:
(Clara´s POV)
I was already eying the pastries, fawning over the shops everyone, especially the chocolate. Oh, sweet, sweet chocolate! In cookies in particular, I always loved those yummy things, the crunchier the better. I was alerted back to reality when Ingrid spoke, requesting to go to the food court first, before getting some more of her black lipstick. I didn´t really get the appeal of that style of hers, but then again, I was the one that went around town dressed like a huge baby, so I probably couldn´t complain. I nodded and smiled at her, grabbing her by the sleeve.

"Well, what are we waiting for then, let´s go!" I pulled the girl along, not really sure which restaurant to go to, but surely I would be able to pick one along the way. I giggled as I ran, looking around at all the delicious meals surrounding us, wondering which would be more beffitting at this time. I stopped, indecise. Aaaah, I couldn´t choose! I sighed, giving me, as usual my brain didn´t want to cooperate with me. I laughed nervously at Ingrid, since even after all the pulling, I still didn´t really have a good idea anyway. "How about we just have some burgers, after all?"

As we sat down to eat at last, I started hearing some murmurings behind us. I had to wonder what on earth could be causing that stir NOW of all times, and people were packing by the TVs... Weird. Suddenly, even the mall TVs went static, what was going on?

Minako Minako (sorry not my best post by a long shot...)

"Heh, same ol' Clara..." Ingrid thought to herself as she quickly became the drag-around toy for her once she got a good "whiff" of the place.

Not that that surprised the goth in the least. In fact, she found the familiarity oddly calming (which was pretty hilarious to think ANY of Clara antics could be described as "calming", but there it is) She would never tell Clara any of this, however, because then Ingrid would never hear the end of it.

To be honest, Ingrid was having second-thoughts about ginger-bread cookies with a latte and maybe COULD go for a cake-pop or chocolate muffin or something... She had enough for SOME treats and the lipstick she wanted was... what... $23.00, max?

She could afford it.

Ingrid quickly took out her chain wallet from her jacket pocket and triple checked her finances, luckily stashing away $45 for a "rainy day", and though ink didn't REALLY count as "rainy" Ingrid was gonna indulge herself anyway.

She might not be able to get the best sketchbook, but eeeh, she was close enough to her next allowance anyway.

"I'm down for some burgers," Ingrid nodded in agreement as the two went to the Burger restaurant of the Food court.

When they had gotten their food to sit down, Ingrid couldn't help but FROWN at all the hullabaloo about nothing while they were eating, and she was actually turning around to ask the people behind them to be quiet...

Til, you know, she saw they had good reason...

"Do you think there's a storm outside, interfering with the reception?" Ingrid asked Clara while taking another bite of her burger.

That was strange, it didn't look TOO bad when they were coming in from the outside...?

Wouldn't it also mess with the power lines, though? Shouldn't lights be flickering?

Ingrid continued eating, not deciding whether or not this was something to worry about on an empty stomach.

Idea Idea

((Don't worry, I don't have great posts either ^^;; ))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back