• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom The Impact

Enolx

Time to murder the English language.
"The world was running just fine. Man was the top of the food chain, industry was thriving, and the life expectancy was long. Nobody had expected that to change in just an hour. On the news they said that the meteor would miss the earth. Then they said that it would burn up in the atmosphere. Then they said it would land in the ocean away from people, and there would not be an issue unless you lived on the coast.

They lied.

On April 30th the meteor hit Washington D.C.. On contact it caused an EMP like effect that not only took out electronics, but also took out other frequency dependent communication. Ten minutes later the earthquakes, thunderstorms, tornadoes, and tidal waves hit. 20 minutes later the sky is covered by a think layer of dust and debris. After ten minutes in complete darkness the dust cleared to reveal the destruction nature caused. After another ten minutes people just started dropping in the street. I was one of them so what comes next is what I learned when I awoke after. During the last ten minutes the earth went into overdrive and the world became covered in vegetation and some the plants and animals underwent rapid evolution.

Now humans are not the top of the food chain. Industry has been destroyed and has reverted to near midevil infrastructure. Life expectancy is a thing of the past. All this happened in one hour but that's not the biggest kicker. Plants and animals weren't the only things to undergo rapid evolution. Most of the humans that had dropped during the fiftieth minute had not awoken, but the ones that did woke with strange abilities. They could do things that normal humans couldn't, and of course they were hated and feared for it. At a time when humans should be united we of course divided ourselves.

Now it's Humans, verses the Elevated, verses Nature. As expected, humans in both forms are loosing. Nature is unrelenting, unmerciful, and unchained. Does humanity stand a chance, we hope so. It is to find a chance that some of us are trying to make it to the meteor drop sight to learn about what caused this. The only problem is the closer you get to the meteor the stronger the evolution is, which means everything is more deadly the closer you get.

We are the 42nd expedition team. We are leaving from California which has become one of the last handholds of human civilization. The others have not returned so we assume the worst. This only serves to move use foreword, because we know that humanity rides on our success. Who knows maybe we will get our faces in a mountain if we succeed?

To those who come after me. I leave this message to let history know what has happened to the strong and proud human race. I hope that I can tell this message myself after we return but, sadly I'm a realist and I know we will most likely die. If you chose to follow me remember to write something for the people who come after you and also remember we cannot give up. If we give up that's really when we are done for."

The Impact is a story about an expedition team crossing America to try and get the world back to normal. While the story sounds and writes like a fantasy, it is actually a sci-fi story and that is what makes it kinda complicated. There is a lot of different parts to this story, and even a huge prologue if all characters are elevated.(I will talk about this later) Before that though, there is one really important part. Only three people will be accepted. I have done a huge casts before, and I am not a fan. I would rather us be a small family who respond to each other frequently, are wanting the best out of the story, and have generally a good time being awesome. With that said, it is rules time.

Rules
So there will be a lot of trust between me and you guys, so I assume you will already do the basic stuff everyone expects rule wise. You want this to be as awesome as I do, so lets make it happen. So, now those rules that aren't your average stuff.

• Before giving yourself a new power be sure to check if it's ok.
  • Third person only.
  • Post within 1-2 days (Life happens. Let us know. It isn't nice to make people wait too long on you)
  • Be willing to change something if requested.
  • 18+ (This one is flexible, it's just that I have had better times with older people.)

See, that wasn't bad at all. Now the next part is an info dump to explain some of the stuff in the story.

Humans are the basic class and although they do not possess any special powers they do have some important factors working in their favor. Humans hold the only civilizations left and they are the closest to modern society. They keep their goods and supplies to themselves and tend to outcast or subjugate the Elevated.

Perks

• Humans get along with other humans and thus don't have any problems in cities or getting goods there.
  • Humans have better connections and help each other, so humans can start off with metal weapons, armor, and even medical kits if they come from a good city.
  • Humans have not had their DNA changed so they still have a chance to develop. (I have cool stuff planed in the story that pertains to this. It's a surprise for if someone takes this class)

Elevated are humans who have had their DNA altered from the impact. The change in the elevated's DNA has given them strange almost magical powers and yellow irises. Their powers are gained during the time they are unconscious after the impact. During this time they are sent to a place they call The Island where they developed their skills for survival. The elevated in addition to the power they start off with can also kill and absorb the DNA of other creatures to increase the power of the skill they already had or develop a new power from the creature. How much they are able to develop themselves from absorption is based on the strength of the creature they killed. It is because of this ability that they are segregated from other humans. Although they are just as intelligent as they were before the change, they have become more wild and tend to live more comfortably in nature. Those who are not in the wild typically have traded their freedom for the safety of the human walls. Most elevated tend to form packs for safety since they live out in the wilds of nature but some live alone although most who do this die.

Perks

• Elevated gain a supernatural like power.(ex. producing electricity from their skin, better vision, echolocation)
  • Elevated can gain new powers or enhance already learned abilities by absorbing strong creatures.(Absorbing a lot of one type creature can change appearance. (ex. gaining fur, animal ears, tails))
  • An elevated that absorbs a legendary class creature gains all of the creatures power, abilities, and upgrades his base power.( Armies are typically not enough to kill them. Running is the best option.)

Nature is not a playable class, but does need some explanation so you can understand its depths of terror. Almost everything has evolved and turned into human killing machines. Plants will choke you like a snake and stab you like a stingray. Snake may be a hundred times their size and turn you to stone and stingrays may flight in the sky and shoot lightning. Nature is no joke and humans have become almost playthings.The good part is there is a larger portion of creatures that have remained normal, than creature who have evolved.

Welcome to the new world and have a pleasant journey.

Other important information

The Island is the name of the place that the Elevated were sent to when they were knocked unconscious. The Island is a place created by the minds of the elevated themselves. It is connected to all the elevated and because of that the elevated actually may meet other elevated on the island. The Island is a collection of the thoughts and ideas from all the minds of the collected elevated and because of this there can be things that are pure fantasy on the island(ex. the Balrog from LOTR) The Island is the elevated brain's way of teaching the elevated the skills to survive and how to develop their new abilities. To wake up the elevated must get off the island.

Three Tier Keep is the main city for the humans. It is the only modern place in the world. This means guns, cell phones, TV, toilets and baths. This city is split into three sections, the poor district, the military zone, and the rich district. As you most likely have guessed modern life is only in the last two zones which are closer to the center and each zone is separated by a massive wall to keep monsters and people of lesser zones out.

Woot, we are at the last part. While I don't typically do them, a character sheet is actually useful for this next part. Since I am going with a small cast, I want to see what you are all about. So, if your interested, please make a character for the story. Since there can only be a limited amount of people, here is how I will decide. Based on the character sheet, I will choose a person. Then, me and that person will talk and choose another person, repeat with new guy for the last guy. This way we can start the team building early.

There is a lot of talking and world building that I haven't done, so I hope you like OOC. I expect us all to basically be family by the end of this:coolshades:. I will give you a sample sheet of the minimum that I need, but shoot for the stars. Thanks for reading, and I look forward to many awesome characters.

Nothing you make is set in stone. This is just a fun test of sorts. Have fun there is a lot more creation in your future. If your and Elevated give yourself the most basic version of your starting ability, the one you would start on the island with.

Name: Nicole Argentum

Sex: Male

Appearance: (You can write it if you like. I just grabbed a random picture cause it was faster. Like I said feel free to do what you want.)

AnimeGuy16.jpg

Class: Elevated

Starting power or starting equipment: Tremor sense (can sense a moving object within 30ft if it is touching the ground can tell relative size and shape based on the vibration) The only object Nicole has is his baseball cap which he believes brings him good luck.

Skills: Great at scouting, creating and using improvised weapons and tools, and climbing

Bio: Before the impact Nicole spent most of his time outdoors free climbing mountains. What started as a hobby for him turned into a full blown obsession. He had just returned from a climb when the impact happened. When he awoke people started to treat him funny because they though he might have some ability. He did have one but he wouldn't tell them and with this he eased into the new world, although this did not last long because like all elevated his eyes turned yellow. After a month of adapting, living alone in the wild, and seeing many die he decided to make an expedition group to try to save humanity. Nicole is a funny and friendly guy when there is no danger but, whenever there may be trouble he becomes a serious, fearless, and dependable leader.

Weaknesses and fears: Nicole has no offensive powers so although he is agile he is not very strong. He has a fear of most fish which makes his ability to survive out on the water almost impossible.

About you: (If you would like, feel free to talk a little bit about your IRL self. It is nice to know about the mind behind the characters.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back