• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern The Illustrious Season 3 A College HBCU Roleplay

AkuTheWolfOkami

The Shape-shifting Master of Goatees and Darkness
Hi. I'm recruiting for Season 3 of my roleplay The Illustrious. We're looking for characters to fill out a new incoming freshman class. Please let me know if you're intersted, and i can answer any questions.

The Illustrious

no slide

Going to college is one thing, plenty of people wish to experience in their lifetimes. It’s a time to open new doors, make new friends, find the love of your life, and just… Find yourself. But what isn’t always talked about is how important the choosing of the college is. Sure one could go to Princeton, Yale, Harvard, or Drexel… But even out of those schools, there is one that is not only equal to them but excels way above what they were and ever could be.

Dubbed ‘The Campus in the Trees’, Dubois University is here and ready to make itself known. Being the country’s best in basketball, being in top ranks of Law, Business, Computer Science, and Engineering, this school is nothing but the best and those within it have been nicknamed ‘The Illustrious’. Oh, did we forget to mention it’s an HBCU?

With over 15,000 students, while it may paramount those who try to take it down, it doesn’t mean it isn’t filled with drama. From friends to frenemies, baes to hurt baes, baby mommas and baby daddies, there isn’t a dull moment on campus.

It’s now a new year and the new freshmen have finally arrived- ready to take on the school and earn the title of being ‘illustrious’. The only question is- How far are they willing to go to get it?

full

(These are simply role descriptors. In no way does the set role have to live by that role. The Nerd can be cool. The Baddie can like anime and books, etc.)

The Nerd
They were never the type to be with the 'in' crowd. They don't follow the latest trends.

The Baddie
They grew up being known as the baddest chick from their area. Looks are important to her and having everyone's eyes is simply an every day occurance.

The Pretty Boy
Always with some jawn under his arm, the pretty boy grew up gaining every girl's attention with his suave actions, sugary sweet words, and desire to be a pleasure to the ladies.

The Legacy
Their parents did it, their siblings did it, now they're doing it.

The Activist
Never one to sit down when injustics are occuring on or off campus. If it's a protest, they probably organized it.

The Latinx
Despite growing up in a Latinx home, they always felt an HBCU was the best place for them relating closer to black people than whites.

The International Student
They've come from a different country but learned about HBCUs back home, making them want to go to one. Their culture is different from America's, let alone an HBCU's culture

The Hotep
The Fake Woke dude who thinks everything is a conspiracy against the blackman. (can be afro-latinx but doesn't have to be)
full

Hi. I'm Aku. Some of you who saw HBCU and know what it is, are curious where I am going with this. Some of you may have even googled it, but for those of you who are here with no idea what it is but was curious enough to look let me explain.

HBCU stands for Historically Black Colleges and Universities. These are schools that are predominantly black and were generally created during the times where it was near impossible for blacks to get into regular colleges.

This does not mean this roleplay is for black face-claims only, but it will be a predominantly POC of face claim roleplay. It will not be a roleplay that focuses on race, but a roleplay that focuses on life at an HBCU which is a totally different culture than your typical school.

There are roles that are race specific, including a role called "The Token White", and yes I will only accept a certain race for that role. But there are plenty of roles that are race neutral, and doesn't matter what face claim you use.

So that being said, I welcome everyone to join and not think too hard about what race their face claim is. Just come up with a character and apply! I won't deny your character because they are white lol. The fuck? But I will slow down acceptance if the demographic isn't reflective of the demographic of the school.

The roleplay will be divided up into episodes. What is an episode in regards to roleplaying you may ask. Well, an episode is generally the amount of time that it should take to finish a mini-plot. For instance, if there is an event..let's say miss black and white pageant, then the preceding events of the day or the day before (like planning and prepping) and the pageant should be done by the end of the episode. Each sub-plot point will require an episode. The other idea of an episode is to have a time period that it should last to keep the roleplay from dying. I'm thinking 2 weeks actual time is a good place but will adjust it based on the flow of the group. If I find the group can get through like two rounds of posts a week, I might make an episode a month, but if the group gets like 6 round of posts, I might just let it go until the episode naturally concludes (and push it along the way.) What I hope to avoid is slow plot progression, where people lose interest as a whole. This episode idea will adapt to the group, but this is the basis of it.

Questions, comments, concerns? Let us know. If not? Join us.]

Hi. I'm recruiting for Season 3 of my roleplay The Illustrious. We're looking for characters to fill out a new incoming freshman class. Please let me know if you're intersted, and i can answer any questions.

The Illustrious

full

(These are simply role descriptors. In no way does the set role have to live by that role. The Hood Figure can be incredibly smart with the best grades in his class, the wealth can still have struggles, etc.)
First Generation
For whatever reason, being poor or just general lack of education, they are the first in their family to attend college.

Hood Figure
College was never expected of them. They grew up in the hood, gang banged, smoking weed and selling drugs, but nothing stopped them from getting into college.

From Wealth
Never struggled in their life, everything was handed them on a silver platter...

The Athlete
They were always stronger and faster than everyone.

The Poor
They had to struggle all of their life for bare necessities, until they got that scholarship praying college would change their llife.

The Hardworker
Nothing was ever given to them, and even at a young age they hustled to get what they needed and to pay for college.

The White Token
They grew up in a suburban area that didn't have any inkling of diversity to it yet they wanted to be able to have the diverse experience.
full

1. RPN rules apply
This is obvious. Very obvious.

2. What the GMs say, goes

AkuTheWolfOkami AkuTheWolfOkami and myself (JujuBee) are the GMs of this wonderful roleplay. At the end of the day, what we say goes. Please do not argue against us if there is no need.

3. Don't be that asshole
Don't be rude to anyone when there's no need. Juju has no problem putting you back in your place.

4. Be creative
We enjoy ideas being thrown at us. Just throw them gently.

5. You must be able to produce at LEAST 2/3 paragraphs
One-liners are an ABSOLUTE dub. Don't be that guy.

6. No Mary Sues/ Stevie whatevers
We all can't be Beyonce. No perfect characters.

7. Unlimited Characters
You can have as many characters as long as you are able to produce quality posts with them. If we see that you are not able to handle the number of characters you've created then we have the right to ask for you to give them up.

Going to college is one thing, plenty of people wish to experience in their lifetimes. It’s a time to open new doors, make new friends, find the love of your life, and just… Find yourself. But what isn’t always talked about is how important the choosing of the college is. Sure one could go to Princeton, Yale, Harvard, or Drexel… But even out of those schools, there is one that is not only equal to them but excels way above what they were and ever could be.

Dubbed ‘The Campus in the Trees’, Dubois University is here and ready to make itself known. Being the country’s best in basketball, being in top ranks of Law, Business, Computer Science, and Engineering, this school is nothing but the best and those within it have been nicknamed ‘The Illustrious’. Oh, did we forget to mention it’s an HBCU?

With over 15,000 students, while it may paramount those who try to take it down, it doesn’t mean it isn’t filled with drama. From friends to frenemies, baes to hurt baes, baby mommas and baby daddies, there isn’t a dull moment on campus.

It’s now a new year and the new freshmen have finally arrived- ready to take on the school and earn the title of being ‘illustrious’. The only question is- How far are they willing to go to get it?

full

(These are simply role descriptors. In no way does the set role have to live by that role. The Nerd can be cool. The Baddie can like anime and books, etc.)

The Nerd
They were never the type to be with the 'in' crowd. They don't follow the latest trends.

The Baddie
They grew up being known as the baddest chick from their area. Looks are important to her and having everyone's eyes is simply an every day occurance.

The Pretty Boy
Always with some jawn under his arm, the pretty boy grew up gaining every girl's attention with his suave actions, sugary sweet words, and desire to be a pleasure to the ladies.

The Legacy
Their parents did it, their siblings did it, now they're doing it.

The Activist
Never one to sit down when injustics are occuring on or off campus. If it's a protest, they probably organized it.

The Latinx
Despite growing up in a Latinx home, they always felt an HBCU was the best place for them relating closer to black people than whites.

The International Student
They've come from a different country but learned about HBCUs back home, making them want to go to one. Their culture is different from America's, let alone an HBCU's culture

The Hotep
The Fake Woke dude who thinks everything is a conspiracy against the blackman. (can be afro-latinx but doesn't have to be)
full

Hi. I'm Aku. Some of you who saw HBCU and know what it is, are curious where I am going with this. Some of you may have even googled it, but for those of you who are here with no idea what it is but was curious enough to look let me explain.

HBCU stands for Historically Black Colleges and Universities. These are schools that are predominantly black and were generally created during the times where it was near impossible for blacks to get into regular colleges.

This does not mean this roleplay is for black face-claims only, but it will be a predominantly POC of face claim roleplay. It will not be a roleplay that focuses on race, but a roleplay that focuses on life at an HBCU which is a totally different culture than your typical school.

There are roles that are race specific, including a role called "The Token White", and yes I will only accept a certain race for that role. But there are plenty of roles that are race neutral, and doesn't matter what face claim you use.

So that being said, I welcome everyone to join and not think too hard about what race their face claim is. Just come up with a character and apply! I won't deny your character because they are white lol. The fuck? But I will slow down acceptance if the demographic isn't reflective of the demographic of the school.

The roleplay will be divided up into episodes. What is an episode in regards to roleplaying you may ask. Well, an episode is generally the amount of time that it should take to finish a mini-plot. For instance, if there is an event..let's say miss black and white pageant, then the preceding events of the day or the day before (like planning and prepping) and the pageant should be done by the end of the episode. Each sub-plot point will require an episode. The other idea of an episode is to have a time period that it should last to keep the roleplay from dying. I'm thinking 2 weeks actual time is a good place but will adjust it based on the flow of the group. If I find the group can get through like two rounds of posts a week, I might make an episode a month, but if the group gets like 6 round of posts, I might just let it go until the episode naturally concludes (and push it along the way.) What I hope to avoid is slow plot progression, where people lose interest as a whole. This episode idea will adapt to the group, but this is the basis of it.

Questions, comments, concerns? Let us know. If not? Join us.]

I'd love to join as the

Edit: Pretty Boy (oops xD)

Foxagon Foxagon how is it relatable for you? Just curious :3

Anywise, hi all! Your interest gives me warmth. As I mentioned, this will be season 3. Your characters will be coming in for a summer program that preps them for their first semester. That being said, because it's Season 3 don't be alarmed about 'their being so much that has happened already'. It is only three active members currently, so this season will be like a fresh start.

Because I can't delete posts in threads anymore, I'm debating about creating a fresh CS thread for you all, or reusing the old one. The benefits of reusing the old one is you get to see the CS of a lot of the current active characters, the cons? There are a ton of inactive characters.

Any questions?

Foxagon Foxagon how is it relatable for you? Just curious :3

Anywise, hi all! Your interest gives me warmth. As I mentioned, this will be season 3. Your characters will be coming in for a summer program that preps them for their first semester. That being said, because it's Season 3 don't be alarmed about 'their being so much that has happened already'. It is only three active members currently, so this season will be like a fresh start.

Because I can't delete posts in threads anymore, I'm debating about creating a fresh CS thread for you all, or reusing the old one. The benefits of reusing the old one is you get to see the CS of a lot of the current active characters, the cons? There are a ton of inactive characters.

Any questions?

I'd want to reuse the old one just to use them as a reference when making my own. I do have a question. Is there any main plot in this RP that could bring all our characters together? What drives this RP exactly other than the usual romance;friend;frenemy type thing? I usually find those kinds of ideas a bit lacking; college RPs centered around those ideas usually die quickly without there being a main plot or villain that can unite each character together.

I'd want to reuse the old one just to use them as a reference when making my own. I do have a question. Is there any main plot in this RP that could bring all our characters together? What drives this RP exactly other than the usual romance;friend;frenemy type thing? I usually find those kinds of ideas a bit lacking; college RPs centered around those ideas usually die quickly without there being a main plot or villain that can unite each character together.

Good questions love! I will reveal how we handle our rp at a later time, I have trust issues and much rather wait until you have made your characters and are invested to explain. However, I will explain that there is a reason we have Seasons. Not just because it dies. The Seasons signal a major plot event. At the conclusions of this event, there is a new season (and so far these seasons have coincided with the end of semesters.) The major plot event(s) driving the first season centered around Xenophobia and racism. (touchy subjects right?) Two of the ladies basketball players were victims of various acts of vandalism and harassment, and the school swept it under the rug. So this brought outrage and protests from students, BUT, not all of the students felt the same way.

The driving plot for the Second Season stemmed from the touchy subject of Fraternity life and Sexual Harassment. Without getting into details so that I am not breaking any rules, an assault occurred at a Fraternity party the year before and the frat as suspened off the yard. However, a star basketball player wanted to join the fraternity so the school did anything to keep him happy and let him cross. This of course sent another divide between the school as the mother of one of my characters, a Prestigious Lawyer, pursues a case against the school on behalf of the victim.

The major plots serve to string all of the characters together, but as I mentioned we handle the roleplay a bit differently and there are a TONNE of independent storylines going on that weave together.

I hope that answers your question in a satisfactory manner. :)

@Foxagon how is it relatable for you? Just curious :3
I'm about to enter college and deciding between committing to an hbcu or a couple pwi's because i've really never had an all-black school experience (despite the fact that I'm black) so i can really relate to the white token lol

I'm about to enter college and deciding between committing to an hbcu or a couple pwi's because i've really never had an all-black school experience (despite the fact that I'm black) so i can really relate to the white token lol
I am a Graduate of Morehouse College, THE FINEST HBCU IN THE LAND. I now attend Graduate School at Auburn. I implore you to go to an HBCU for undergrad, a top one if possible. (Howard, Hampton, Spelman/Morehouse, Tuskegee) your opportunities will be great if you do even if you don't decide to go to grad school after

Also, there is a role for that type of character if you want to go that route. The black student who has never had a black experience, choosing an HBCU for that purpose.

To everyone else, I am sending the CS page now via DM.

I am a Graduate of Morehouse College, THE FINEST HBCU IN THE LAND. I now attend Graduate School at Auburn. I implore you to go to an HBCU for undergrad, a top one if possible. (Howard, Hampton, Spelman/Morehouse, Tuskegee) your opportunities will be great if you do even if you don't decide to go to grad school after
That's such a cool coincidence! I'm currently considering Spelman rn
thanks for your advice!

That's such a cool coincidence! I'm currently considering Spelman rn
thanks for your advice!

Go to Spelman if you can afford it! Become my sister! And if you decide to, and you ever need help you can PM me. I have friends parents who work at Spelman. You can always reach out to me even if you don't commit to my roleplay. :)

Go to Spelman if you can afford it! Become my sister! And if you decide to, and you ever need help you can PM me. I have friends parents who work at Spelman. You can always reach out to me even if you don't commit to my roleplay. :)
thats the main deciding factor, the affording it part cx
and I will, thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back