• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Illustrious (HBCU RP)

Characters
Here

Kira set her things down on a near by table as she hugged and air kissed her soror's and line sisters. It had felt like the longest three months since she had last seen the majority of them despite their constant group texts to keep in touch. It was hard getting together during the summer break although there were a select few she always made time for.
"I missed Ya'll"
a large smile planted on her face.

She had seen her, and Kira knew that D had seen her too. There was a brief moment when their eyes connected and didn't escape each other. But Kira's attention was quickly diverted as she rallied with her sisters breaking into conversation about the adventures they had all been on that summer. She herself had quite the summer with a bit of travel around Europe. One could say it was her way to get her mind off Del. Actually, you could say just that. Shortly after they'd called it quits she booked a one way ticket to Italy and traveled through Europe for over a month until she was ready to venture back home.
"Yea! Italy was absolutely beautiful!"
She smiled nodding at one of her line sisters as she continued on about the trouble she had gotten into during her time abroad.

From the corner of her eye she could see Del placing a final plate of baked goods on the designated table. She knew she hadn't been the one to bake it, D was never a baker, although, she had made some delicious meals for the two of them during their time together. She sighed softly turning her attention back to the girls closest to her. Her intention was to help set up but that meant getting closet to where Del was doing just that.

That was until she noticed Del headed right her way. Her breath caught in her throat. Their breakup, although briefly known about hadn't been discussed amongst any of their sisters as to avoid their 'i told you so' comments. They thought it be best that way. So when Del approached her she put on a soft smile and embraced her in her arms giving her a soft kiss on the cheek.
"Don't go speaking to me like that now. You know how that gets me"
she whispered as she pulled out of the hug lowering her eyes tucking her hair behind her ear. Her composure taking a complete 180 degree turn.

senior

Kira.

• filler tab!

♡coded by uxie♡

scroll

1L Student

Saruh

mood

Distant

outfit

student center, just outside

interactions

Connie

tags

Saruh watched as the woman approached, a brow raising in curiosity. She was cute. She was extremely cute, actually. She couldn’t remember if there had be anyone as cute as her on the campus. There had been several beautiful women that roamed the campus, DuBois was known for that, but a girl this cute? Was there anyone?

…Hi. I was just admiring that jacket that you’re wearing. It’s real pretty and you look beautiful in it.

What was it about her accent? She didn’t recognize it. For all of the people she knew from every different place for some reason she could not pinpoint where this girl was from based on the way she spoke.

Wait.

Was Saruh blushing? Had the girl’s compliment slipped past Saruh’s guard and got her to, blush? Get it together Seraphine. That sounded gross just thinking about it, but calling herself that disgusting name was the only way to get her to knock out of it when she was zoned out.

“Thank you…” she responded to the compliment, readjusting herself as she continued to listen to what the younger woman had to say.

was wondering where you’d gotten it and if you’d mind telling me. I really like the color.

She wasn’t familiar with line jackets, so she probably wasn’t familiar with sororities either. At least BGLOs. Jesus she was adorable and if she didn’t have a man she might have scooped the little bird up for herself. Relax Saruh.

“I got it for crossing AKA,” she started gently as she thought about how to explain it. If she wasn’t familiar with the jackets she probably wasn’t familiar with the verbiage either, “What I mean is: I got it when I officially became apart of my sorority. Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority incorporated. Our colors are pink and green, and so is my jacket.”

She turned a bit to show the girl her back and the designs on it. There was ivy decorated all about and green font on the back that read big the number 2 and above it Psiren. “See, Psiren was my line name…”

She turned back to face the girl as she watched her stick her hand out. She usually didn’t explain what an AKA was because it was a bit of a faux pas to publicly express interest, but she could tell this girl wasn’t familiar with it at all.

I’m Constance, but I think I’d like it better if you call me Connie.

She smiled taking her hand and shaking it gently, “Well Connie, I’m Seraphine. But you’re probably safer if you call me Saruh..spelled S a r u h.”

“You’re gorgeous by the way, uh. Actually me and my sorors are having a bake sale inside if you want to see more paraphernalia. I’m sure they are wearing some cool stuff.”

♡coded by uxie♡

Zay Patton

She was about to act like that, wasn’t she? He couldn’t say that he was surprised- it was no different than she had been acting up until this point, but the part that frustrated him the most was that he just wanted to talk to her. This vulnerability made him feel weak at times and he wished that he wasn’t stuck on her as much as he was, but how he felt about her was genuine.

He sucked the air between his teeth stopping in his tracks as he looked around and blinked a few times seeing Giannis. Yeah, he wasn’t going to go near that attack on titan looking mf’er anytime soon, so he sucked it up and shook his head. There was a brief moment where he reached into his pocket and pulled out a pill and swallowed it dry.

He choked a bit, dry heaving a bit before he managed to get a juice box that he had in his other pocket to take a swig and get the pill down. That’s exactly why he had the juice box and he wasn’t sure why he thought he would ever be successful at dry swallowing. He could barely swallow pills with a liquid. They made dry swallowing look so each on television though.

Once he gathered his composure he cleared his throat and trotted towards Ramona, “Hol’ on shawty, just wait a minute…” he stated trailing off as he got beside her matching her pace. He didn’t want to get in front of her and cut her off, because he felt like that was a threatening move. Isaiah was consistently making sure he was respecting boundaries. He was a southern gentleman through and through, and he knew the tough things women went through. For the way he moved, he was oddly concerned with women and their safety.

“Mona can you just talk to me fa real? Like all this dodgin’ ain’t it feel me?”

He absolutely hated it, but he wasn’t a stalker or a creep so the only time he pushed back against her ignoring him was when they were in actual public spaces like this in a coincidence.

playing...
Modest

by Zay Patton

White tee shirt, gold chain, gold teeth, black jeans, all white ones

erzulie erzulie
mentions mentions mentions

º º code by ditto º º

mood :
Captivated

outfit :
Tags:
AkuTheWolfOkami AkuTheWolfOkami

interactions :
Kodie and Kira
Collab Post
Connie & Saruh

“Mhmmm.” Constance’s full attention was on the woman before her, Saruh she had told her. Of course, she was respectful enough to pay attention to the information being given to her but she could never truly stop her mind from wandering. It was something that she’d had trouble with since she was a child. To her credit, she was able to catch most of what was being said. She even went as far as to nod along to show that she was listening.

And honestly….Constance quickly glanced at those full, glossy lips. She could stand and listen for hours if it meant that she could continue to admire. “Psiren…you definitely radiate that type of energy. Would you sing for me sometime? I’d like to know if you’re siren-like in that way too…” She batted her full lashes.

“Seraphine’s a beautiful name. But I like Saruh too, it really rolls off the tongue, don’t you think?” Constance had yet to let go of her hand, it was soft against her own. “I’d like to learn more about your sorority. If you think that I’d be a good fit.” She took a step closer.

What was going on? Why was Saruh’s stomach in a flutter during this exchange with the woman before her. No one had caused butterflies to get active in the stomach this way since she first met Giannis. And yet, the way that psiren rolled off of Connie’s tongue and the way she asked her to sing for her sent chills down Saruh’s spine. Her only response was to bite the inside of her lip.

“I’ll give you a private concert anytime you want.”

She didn’t mean to say that, did she? Why did she even say that? She could have just directed her to spotify, apple music, tidal, or youtube if the girl wanted to hear her sing. She wondered briefly even she even realized her name came because she sang or was she just…

Their hands were still together and Saruh hadn’t even noticed. It felt right. Even as she approached her she had to resist interlocking their fingers. She blinked a few times realizing she had gotten lost in a trance and tucked one of her locks of hair behind her ear with her free hand, “I think you’d be perfect for me…for the sorority…I mean.”

Constance would pretend that she hadn’t noticed Saruh’s slip up, for now at least. Her heartbeat had steadily increased during their conversation, she wondered if her cheeks were as warm as they felt. “Really? I’ll hold you to it then. I just know that you’ll sound amazing!”

Their hands were still together and Constance was never one to do things in halves. She gently interlocked their fingers. Her mind was racing and she felt as if she were on the softest cloud. Her mama had told her before that she slipped into feelings too fast but how could anyone blame her? “I’m glad. I’m really willing to prove my worth to…the sorority…” Another glance at full lips. “We should probably head inside now but…I wouldn’t mind standing out here with you for a little longer. I hope that I don’t sound too selfish.” She ended her sentence with a pout.

Saruh’s heart began to race when they interlocked fingers and looked down from their hands to the girls eyes as they also moved closer in the process. They were about the same height, so their eyes were on eye level and she seemed to get lost in them. She was close enough she could probably sneak in a kiss, right? Wait. Why was that thought on her mind?

“We can …stay here a bit longer…” she said to herself glancing through the glass panes of the door to see that the other girls had everything in order. She turned and faced her again leaning in a bit about to let their lips meet but stopped. What the hell Saruh.

“Where did you fall from Connie…” she said barely audibly, barely above a whisper.

Constance let a giggle escape freely now. Saruh was being so sweet to her. She didn’t even care if they were standing there, probably looking a little foolish. “I should be asking you that I think. I’m from Vermont. I was beginning to think that I’d be terribly homesick…but everyone one here is so welcoming.” Constance squeezed her hand a little before using her thumb to rude Saruh’s hand. “Or is it just you? You’re awfully sweet. Probably sweeter than anything inside.”

“I wonder…what the flavor of the gloss she’s wearing…” Constance wanted to find out but the manors her mother had instilled into her head wouldn’t let her. “Will you keep me company once we go in? I don’t wanna let you go just yet…”

Saruh couldn’t help but chuckle when she said Vermont and decided to nod when she heard that. She was a sweet girl, she wondered how much of it was intentional and how much of it was just her natural way. Was she running game on Saruh? Because if she was, it was working.

She took a deep breath and looked through the glass doors again, scanning inside to make sure that Giannis wasn’t in there. Things hadn’t been exactly peachy since those pictures of she and Zay dropped, and she wasn’t sure he would be able to process what was happening right now. So when she decided it was safe, she turned back,”Of course. You’re not getting away from me…”
coded by reveriee.

scroll
mona perkins

student center

Ramona would be lying if she said she hadn’t thought about speeding up. She wouldn’t run, no, because she didn’t run from anyone. But a lil speed walking couldn’t hurt. Her legs were longer than his, she would be able to lose him then. Honestly, that sounded stupid to herself. He hadn’t had any trouble in the past so what would have changed between then and now. Not a damn thing. He always managed to find her whenever they ended up in the same place together. Ramona kind of felt bad.

Maybe that was what caused her to stop walking. She really didn’t wanna look at him. If she took off now, his surprise would give her a head start. No…she was a grown ass woman. She could hold a simple conversation with another grown ass person. Yeah, there was nothing wrong with a little conversation between them. Ramona came to a full stop, turning to face him while he spoke.

Ramona caught a flash of gold and quickly looked away from his mouth. She would focus on his eyes instead. “Dodgin’ you? I haven’t been dodgin’ you at all.” She kept her face straight, it was a damn lie and she knew it. Ramona licked her lips, tasting strawberry gloss. For a moment she thought of using the shoot as an excuse to leave quickly. But looking at him…she couldn’t do it. Something was telling her to stay and she hated it.

“Yeah…we can talk. What is it?” Romana couldn’t help but look him over in what she hoped was discreet and quick. It had been a minute since she last saw him and she knew that it was nobody’s fault but her own. “Wait! I mean…you wanna talk here?” She spoke before he could start talking. Ramona knew fully well what he wanted to talk about but she didn’t want anyone in a business.

The thought of being somewhere ducked off with him though….no it would be better if they were by themselves. She had gotten plenty of pictures so far and a small break wouldn’t hurt anything. “Let’s go somewhere private…it’s loud in here.”

♡coded by uxie♡

@BlackPearl

Black Gold

Onyx

mood

Hopeful but stressed

outfit

Outside Arena

interactions

Mentions

Saruh, Leigh

So... they talked. It honestly went a lot better then she originally thought it would. Perhaps because neither of them got super defencive? Maybe how much they missed one another out weighed how hurt and angry they'd become. It could honestly be anything or any combination of things, but the end result was... well good. Well as goodasbeing in relationship limbo could be. Plus side was they both still cared, so they weren't starting at rock bottom.

Working things out. That's what they'd settled on. Not back together, but working things out. Not that she wanted to be with someone else, but that was very vauge on lines and boundaries. Not that she genuinly believed he wanted someone else. Sure she was jealous and irritated about the whole Leigh thing, but what were the odds he actually wanted to start dating a girl he'd just met, especially with her around. Come on, look at her! Doesn't get much better.

All that needed to be pushed aside. Did she? No, but it wasn't from alack of effort. She literally couldn't affordto have him and theirrelationship consume her ever moment and thought. She had so much other things that actually needed to be on the brain like upcoming events with her line sisters, working on campus with the local radio station, dance practice, and of course her classes.

Living with Maya had made things a lot easier for her, but it was still a lot to deal with. Having to do all that ad still keep under wraps everything that'd happened before the summer was taxing.

She got up nice and early before the dawn since she liked to keep her day packed since there was so much to get stuffed into it. She got up did her morning stretches, a jog, and yoga to keep herself flexible and in shape with an attempt to focus her thoughts. Nothing but sounds of piano and violin instrumentals playing through her ear buds the whole time.

It was a successful workout for the most part. She showered, got dressed, did her skin, hair, and make up routine because no matter what she had an image to uphold. Especially on the first day she knew she had to represent. She was going to have to talk to her sisters at some point today ad she needed to look like and be the same Onyx they knew before break.

By the time she made it to campus she surprisingly had a lot of time before her 8:30 am class. She looked at her phone wondering if she should text Alex... maybe not. He was probably getting ready for his own classes. Maybe she should check up on Saruh again. It'd been a few days since she already messaged about Olive branch the day of. She decided against that as well since she knew how the girl was and knew she just needed her space. The AKA's were having a bake sale maybe she'd just drop by.

She was pleasantly surprised when Alex's name popped up on her phone. Maybe great minds do think alike. She wanted to see him, so of course she messaged him back quickly and made her way to the basketball arena. Once she got close he was VERY easy to spot. He was such a dork, but he was her dork. From his curly hair, to his towering height, the giant boquet of flowers was just the cherry on top making him stand out.

Her cheeks flushed bright red as her eyes widened because for starters that was incredibly sweet, but also where was she going to put all these flowers all day until she got home after work? Or rather practice as far as he was concerned. "Alex!" She gasped smiling brightly, "You just said breakfast." She giggled taking the flowers in hand and smelling them. "They're beautiful."

She felt a bit guilty because normally she could return the favor, maybe even send him an even bigger gesture...but she couldn't right now. She wasn't sure when she ever would be able to. "Is today special?" She asked curiously. Sure she knew him to just be romantic like this and didn't really need a reason, but she wanted to double check she wasn't forgetting something important. When you have a schedule like hers it was easy to forget important dates...which was kinda the problem the first go round.

♡coded by uxie♡

LW Walker
122723089-2519296855027677-1361293751054468778-n-1.jpg
College had always been more of an expectation than a want in LW's life, even though his parents didn't necessarily force it on him. Now, don't get him wrong - he was never opposed, just neutral. Although his sister probably knew him the best, he'd never directly tell her that she nearly sacrificed her dream for his complacency. He knew the opportunities it could bring, but never had a real drive for it; maybe his mind was too caught up with the idea of going pro in baseball.

However, today was day one and he actually felt excited. He'd scheduled his classes to start mid-morning or later so he could maintain his routine morning jog. Well, he supposed it was his "substitute routine". He usually spent his mornings taking care of their small farm. Man, he did not miss the smell of manure before breakfast.

LW slowed to a stop, resting his hands on his knees as he caught his breath. The only good thing about the farm was that the responsibility had forced him to stay active, so this run was pretty easy. He'd have to check out the gym at some point... But not today. He lifted his wrist to check his watch. He was making good time. Still, he headed inside to shower and prepare for class.

The math building was far, or at least further than expected and it really proved to him how large the campus was. He didn't look for his classes ahead of time, so he was grateful the map between his fingers was easy to follow. While trekking along, he wondered how his sister was fairing. Adjusting to change could be difficult for her, but then again, this was what she wanted. He hadn't seen her since the day of their arrival and he was guilty of enjoying his break from her too. He just hoped she was staying out of trouble. A little snicker left him and a smirk crossed his lips as he imagined she was probably thinking the same about him, and likely for different reasons. Maybe he'd be a good brother and check on her later. Maybe.

He entered the small building and found the classroom, settling in the second row. He was making note of all the differences in his day compared to high school life, and so far he loved them. He hadn't even realized this change of pace was just what he needed.
Interactions: Amy [ Kitsune2202 Kitsune2202 ]

@If.U.Seek.Amy

Inimitable

Amy

mood

Excited

outfit

Math Class

interactions

L.W. Aato Aato

Mentions

Remi, Liv

Amy was more then excited to be at DuBois for a number of reasons. For starters she had her good friend Liv here with her and her boyfriend Remi which was such a blessing considering the roller-coaster of emotions that her friends from high school seemed to go through. She didn't regret a single person she'd met or friendship she'd made, but getting a chance to break away rom a lot of the drama was refreshing.

What else is refreshing is the slight bit of privacy. Ok so privacy was only an illusion being that she was a celebrity, a pretty well known one by this point even if she liked to think of herself as a newbie to the spotlight it'd been 3 years now so that wasn't entirely true. She's been on magazine covers, went on tour, and more. That's just her own fame, that's not including the fame that comes with her friendship connections, her Ex's notorious fame, and her current boyfriends fame being QB1 at such a distinguished school and his own accolades from film and his family. So yah...going back to being a 'nobody' wasn't really in the cards for Amy as much as she sometimes wishes it was.

Still Rome, Georgia wasn't as fast paced ad busy as a place like Atlanta, or like LA. The surrounding nature made her at least feel like their was a bit of distance from her and the rest of the real world. Not that her manager or agent would ever let her fully forget about the real world. She had told them she was taking a break this first year at college so she could focus more on the college experience, but the compromise was she still had to do like guest appearances, interviews, photoshoots, and things even if she wasn't going to be releasing any new music for a while.

Lastly being in an HBCU gave her a chance to reconnect with her roots. Picking a major that felt more like herself rather then the image she'd created for herself to become an idol. She felt this was her best chance to get back to her roots, and really discover who she is outside of everything that'd happened in high school. While she's come to terms with it all, and the healing process, she'd still like to keep growing. She'd like to still one day combine who she became with who she's always been to become who she's meant to be.

As nerdy as it sounds she was most looking forward to her classes. Amy always had a hunger for knowledge and while she'd always been at the top of her class all through her school years being here felt like more of an achievement. She wanted to stay at the top for her own sake, and because she wanted to learn everything they could possibly teach her. Without the distraction of trying to build her career she could stay focused this time.

She'd been advised against getting the earlier classes and she was glad she listened so her first class was just a bit later in the morning rather then 8am like most. Amy had no problem getting up in the morning, but after a week of orientation and admittedly staying up a bit later then normal she was happy for the little extra time. She was sure she'd find something to fill in the time if she did find herself waking up early during the year.

She took the chance to text Remi, but also actually get breakfast before walking around campus a bit to find out where all her classes of the day would be. Ideally she'd have done this sooner, but she had been having a bit of fun looking into all the different organizations and clubs on campus. She really wanted to be involved here since Amy wasn't one to just twiddle her thumb. That is one thing she was grateful to her High school for. It brought her out of her shell and she was no longer afraid of talking or interacting with people. She no longer was satisfied just sitting alone in her room for days on end like when she was a kid.

She made her way to her first class of the day as the time approached. Math, one of her favorite subjects honestly so she was excited. Truth be told she knew she probably already knew most of the material for this course, but you never know she could be surprised. It was a first year algebra course however so she wasn't going to hold her breath. She'd try and test out if it got to be too boring. Or maybe it would be good to stay and keep her GPA padded and giving her an easy course while she was getting used to things? She had options.

While looking for a seat she made her way to the front. Being a taller girl she didn't like sitting in the first row afraid of blocking people, but she hated sitting in the back because it was hard to hear. There was always the middle but it was harder to focus because that was most people's go-to place to sit. So second row was close enough right? She saw a guy who honestly looked a bit familiar, but couldn't put her finger on why. Truth be told she'd run into and spoken to so many people even if only on a basic level it was hard to keep track.

"Hey, is this seat taken?" She asked still a bit shyly with a soft smile gracing her lips because some things just never change. More confident didn't necessarily mean confident.

♡coded by uxie♡

@TurboGen

Supernova girl

Genesis

mood

Is busy a mood?

outfit

Work

interactions

Malachiah ( erzulie erzulie )

Mentions

Zay, Giannis

*TW: Persription Drug use/abuse*

Genesis had been nervous about starting another year, but was confident she'd make it through just like she always had. She was half way through her undergrad degree and while she had very little socially to show for it, she had a good GPA and she felt like she could really do this. This was going to be the year she stepped out of her comfort zone for sure!

Sure she said that last year too, but this year was going to be different because this year she'd made a plan! She had done a lot of research and figured out that the best way for her to grow and develop socially and mentally beyond mere intelligence would be to join a sorority. Which one? She had ideas, but wasn't sure just yet. Then again it should be based on who she clicks with most right? After all she believed in all their basic principles, and online a lot of them sounded similar. She wanted to decided based on what her campus chapters had to offer, and vice versa.

Still rushing and all that was still a ways away, and today was only day one. One step and day at a time. She had to remember that so she didn't get wrapped up in something too intensely. She knew it was a very slipper slope for her to get obsessed with things and reading into and watching videos about Greek life over the summer had definitely consumed her summer. Which was fine... over the summer. She knew now that classes were starting she had to diversify her attention, which she was notoriously weak at. Then again that's what her favorite little orange bottle was supposed to help her with.

She got up nice and early getting dressed casually in a plain white-T, a pair of gray cargo shorts, and black combat boots. She folded up her work shirt in her bag she was taking with her that also had her laptop for her class work, and other random school supplies just in case. You can never be too prepared right?

She finished up straightening her hair and opened her phone to check her to-do list. There was a lot as usual, and as always the sheer amount sent her heart racing in her chest. Why she choose to damn near give herself a heart attack on the regular was a mystery to all. Truth be told she didn't know any other way to operate because to her it was only priorities... just she had a lot of priorities.

Once again her lil bottle to the rescue, had also become a part of her morning routine. Something that was just supposed to help every once in a while to maybe help cramp for a test here or there was now something she indulged in at any chance she got. She knew better logically... but she just couldn't help herself at this point. She told herself once she graduated she'd put an end to it. She just needed to get her degree then things would be easier. She also knew she was aware because it was her little secret. Very few people knew she had any pills at all, but nobody knew just how frequently she popped them.

She washed them down with a a hand full of tap water. Of course it didn't kick in instantly, but just the habit... just the feeling of it calmed her just a bit. Knowing that she wouldn't have to worry soon enough at least for a little bit.

She had a full load of classes today because why not load up your Monday, Wednesday, Friday's? It made Tuesdays and Thursday's easier with only 1 class. Once again this was done on purpose to have space for other activities and possible events. She needed to go by the book store once she found out which classes actually need their books verses which ones just wanted her money. She was here on scholarship still and even through she worked on campus, and did some jobs on the side she wasn't about to just waste her cash.

Speaking of her job she had a shift this afternoon. She worked at the tech help office because it's what she's been doing all her life anyways why not get paid for it? It also was great practice for practical things she learned in her courses. She originally thought the job alone would help her with the whole social expansion thing, but just interacting with customers really didn't do much in the grand scheme of things especially customer service of broken items... people were NOT kind a lot of the time. If anything it made her want to shriek away from society even more.

However she wasn't going to be defeated that easily. All work and no play makes for a dull person and she no longer wanted to be dull. So as hard as balancing was for her, she wasn't ready to give up just yet.

Once she mentally made a plan of attack she closed her eyes took a deep breath, and closed her phone. She grabbed a tiny zip lock bag from her nightstand and stuffed it into her bag just in case she needed another pick me up. With that she left for the day.

Most of the day went off without a hitch. She was tired by the time she got to work, but she got everything done. The only hiccup was when she was waiting in line at the book store because it was overwhelmingly crowded (which she should've expected). Sensory overload was something she found herself experiencing a lot more lately, and wasn't sure where it came from all the sudden, or how to deal with it outside of getting away...well that or the little fix in her bag. Since she needed these books she choose the latter.

Luckily her work day was slow, most people who had tech issues on the first day came early. She played on her phone and texted a couple of her friends here and there since she realized she failed in the whole being more social today aspect and wanted to feel something in that department. She sometimes wondered if she got on her friends nerves because both Zay and Giannis were so social and popular. She was sure they had much more interesting things to do then text her. She shook the negative thoughts from her head figuring both were also vocal enough to just tell her if they didn't wanna talk. If anything she should be hoping nothing more goes down between the two men after the whole DuBlog picture release.

Her shift came and went in the blink of an eye and before she knew it it was closing time. She started shutting everything down when she heard someone open the door. Dang it that's right you're supposed to lock the doors first. This was going to be awkward for her...

"U-um hello? I'm uh... I was actually just closing up." She called out nervously scratching the back of her head. She mentally was just repeating to herself, 'please don't be mad, please don't be mad.'

♡coded by uxie♡

GIANNIS.

With arms crossed over his chest he sat quietly on the hood of his car, the watch clasped into his hand. He was squeezing it so hard it surely would leave its mark in his palm.

He can see it all through the trees. Saruh stood in front of the student center, dressed in her AKA attire looking fine as always. But she was with someone. Some girl he had never seen before, surely not one of her many friends, she had lots of those, they both did but they equally knew each other's "people" so to say. The two seemed distant at first but got close rather quickly. Giannis knew Saruh was interested in the opposite sex, she'd made it clear to him since the very beginning, and he never was one to stop her from...looking, but this seemed...different? He pushed all the air out of his body through his lips as he pushed off the car when he watched the two walk inside hand in hand.

The day that keeps on giving he thought to himself shoving the watch into the front pocket of his jeans. Just as he'd thought, the square face of the watch was imprinted into his palm. He adjusted the hat on his head and walked up the path to the student center rubbing the palms of his hands onto his jeans.

As he got closer to the glass pane doors, he could see the two inside, standing around the other AKA's. Their bake sale was in full swing at this point. His mind couldn't help but wander. He grumbled under his breath as his hand enclosed on the cool chrome handle of one of the double doors and he it pulled open a planted smile suddenly tugging his lips upwards.

He didn't make a sound and put a finger to his lips as the eyes of the other line sisters landed on him. He had wanted to surprise Saruh after all, seemed to be his thing lately. The two girls still had their hands clasped together. He sort of stared for a moment before he crept up behind Saruh wrapping an arm around her waist, dusting her neck with soft kisses. "Good morning my queen" he whispered into her ear convincingly. Giannis wouldn't let her know all he'd seen just yet. No. He still needed his time to simmer.
mood: WTF
outfit: fit
Mentions: AkuTheWolfOkami AkuTheWolfOkami erzulie erzulie
KAZAH.

scroll

Senior

Delilah

mood

Avoidant

outfit

described in post

student center setting up

interactions

None

There was rarely a time that Delilah was confused. It wasn’t that she was some super genius that had all the answers, she just rarely had a situation she didn’t have an idea on how she should react. How Kira responded though? That left Delilah a bit confused.

She was familiar with the fact that Kira liked when Delilah spoke to her in Spanish, but that wasn’t the confusing part of what had transpired. She realized and acknowledged their agreement to act civilized and normal around the others. That was more to avoid grief than anything, but when she whispered in her ear that couldn’t have been a ploy to keep everyone thrown off. No one would be able to hear what Kira said, so she could have easily just said she hated her and smiled. It would have amounted to the same thing.

Yet a kiss on the cheek and a whisper that seemed more like an invitation than a warning, was what she was left with it as she stood there frozen for a moment. She pinched her thigh taking it a slow breath as she looked the shorter girl over.

“I’m glad you’re here,” she stated with a longing tone under it than anything else. The blender of mixed emotions churned in her stomach as she tried to filter through what she was feeling. Where they butterflies? Or was she feeling anxious? She wasn’t sure and she really didn’t want to figure it out while she was standing around all the others.

She took a deep breath looking off towards a table, “Uh, want to help set up a table? Saruh’s mom had a baker friend of hers donate some pastries, so they’re like really boujee stuff, but it was free so I guess we can’t really complain?”

She turned and rose her hand as she pointed towards another table, “Also, my mom sent some of your favorite Dominican desserts…I haven’t told her we’re not together anymore….so I guess just enjoy the free desserts.” She continued to move towards the table she was talking about with what Saruh’s mom had sent.

She couldn’t understand the desire for expensive pastries that were probably extremely rich in flavor and would probably overwhelm her palate. Well, you know what they said don’t knock it until you try it, right? They were free, she could snag one and no one complain.

She opened a box, grabbing on that was listed with strawberry as the main ingredients and took a bite, and blinked a few times. It was extremely rich, she was right to assume that, but it was….

“Ki, try this…” she said holding it out with he little pastry wrap under it to keep crumbs from falling.

♡coded by uxie♡

scroll

1L Student

Saruh

mood

Distant

outfit

student center, just outside

interactions

Connie

tags

She knew who it was before she could confirm it. No one would dare be this bold in front of so many people other than Giannis. Unlike Olive Branch, she knew he was coming to support, probably him and some of his other frat brothers. So she didn’t tense up. That would make her look guilty of something, wouldn’t it? ….Was she guilty of something?

She didn’t immediately let go of Connie’s hand, rubbing her well-manicured thumb against the back of the girl’s hand. She glanced to Connie, mouthing “I’m sorry…” squeezing her hand tight before slipping her fingers from between hers and reaching her now free hand back to rub the back of Gianni’s head affectionately.

“Hey babe,” she stated gently closing her eyes for a moment and thinking of what would she do now. She didn’t want to lose any future moments with the girl before her, but she also didn’t want to do anything to jeopardize her long standing relationship with Giannis. She loved him and for everything he accepted about her, she didn’t want to seem ungrateful and cross more boundaries.

But this new girl…Constance…Connie…

“This is uh, Connie. She’s not familiar with sororities and fraternities, so I was giving her the run down about us. Letting her know that community service is a big part of what we do, and that’s why we’re having this bake sale.”

She smiled a bit before shrugging him off of her and turned to face him, “This guy here is an Alpha, they’re a fraternity much like my sorority.”

She put both of her hands into his and tilted her head up with her lips out in expectation of a kiss. He was much, much taller than her and he would have to come down to her and give her the kiss. She wondered what kissing Connie would have been like. There was something in her spirit that told her it would have been like two souls connecting or some other magical esoteric thing about energies. She should have taken that chance before Giannis got here.

♡coded by uxie♡

Zay Patton

Mona stopping to face him had been a little bit surprising. For everything between them she had never been rude….maliciously…so it wasn’t her giving him respect that was surprising it was the ease in which it occurred.

When she agreed to talk, he once again, was surprised. Not that she agreed to, once again it was the lack of resistance in which it came. It was nothing different from before, but for as hard as she was dodging him it was always a surprise.

He had opened his mouth to say something, but she cut him off. She wanted to talk somewhere else, not out in the open which was a fair request. He didn’t like people in his business either and he knew how she was, especially when it came to more personal matters. One thing he would always give her is that respect.

“Aight then, uh..” he started looking around, trying to think of where they could on this campus that was super busy being the first day of classes. He remembered being a freshman with their strict visitation rules in their dorms and finding somewhere to duck off was a weekly mission. Ever since he moved off campus though the need to was eliminated, so he wasn’t as quick to the draw with finding a little more private spot.

“We can head over to um…” he trailed off for a second trying to think, “It’s a bench over there nobody really be around because it’s like right behind where that food truck is and that food truck is loud. So we should be good to go there.”

He didn’t wait for her response, sort of just going over and leading the way. He pulled his phone back out to see if Saruh had responded and she hadn’t. At this point he was sure it had something to do with that colossal titan he would call Armin under his breath. All that height for no reason, mane. He tall and Nigerian, and got the same name as Giannis Antetokounmpo. Bro. Go somewhere and play for the Milwaukee Bucks.

Zay chuckled at his thoughts where they got to the bench, deciding to sit on the top of it instead of the bottom because he was sure people did the same thing he was doing, and he ain’t trust the dirty bench.

“So look…I know we not on the best of terms right now, but I’m just tryna figure out why not?”

playing...
Modest

by Zay Patton

White tee shirt, gold chain, gold teeth, black jeans, all white ones

erzulie erzulie
mentions mentions mentions

º º code by ditto º º

scroll
connie ainsley

student center, inside

saruh ( AkuTheWolfOkami AkuTheWolfOkami ) giannis ( SweetSublime SweetSublime )

fit + curly locs

Constance’s face had heated for a different reason now. She hadn’t even noticed the tall man approaching them. No, he was approaching Saruh specifically. She could only blink while he wrapped large arms around her and sprinkle her neck in loving kisses. There was no mistaking that the two of them were together. Constance’s hand fell back to her side, it felt a little cold now.

Now she felt embarrassed. Of course, she had no idea that Saruh was in a relationship but she still felt terrible. Had she really been flirting back? Or was she letting her attraction go to her head and cloud her judgement. Constance hoped that they hadn’t noticed the way her face fell. Wait, they were still there, talking to her. Constance schooled her features. A small smile replaced her look of shock quickly. Right, now she was being introduced to her boyfriend.

With her attention now focused on him, she could admit that he was attractive. Even if he wasn’t her type Constance could appreciate beauty in all forms. She was feeling awkward now and as a result she was getting shy. Had he seen the two of them? He probably had from the way he’d staked his claim…or was he always like that. Wait, that wasn’t her business was it?

“Ah. Hi, I’m Constance. It’s nice to meet you…” She looked away when Saruh reached up for a kiss. She felt like she was looking at something she shouldn’t. “I’m gonna head inside now, thanks for the info Saruh.” Constance glanced at Giannis once again and nodded. She turned and headed inside. Sweets, she needed sweets to take her mind off of her embarrassment. She really should focus on her schooling.

♡coded by uxie♡

Had she really just said that? Not even said it, more like whispered it, seductively even? She swallowed the lump that had formed in her throat. Kira had been so frustrated, no, angry with Del for the longest time and five minutes with her and now she melts? Kira could see the sense of confusion on Delilah's face, she herself was a bit shocked. However, she kept her composure, the usual sweet smile still planted across her lips as she nodded.
"Yea...me too."
Her voice was oddly quiet compared to when she had initially walked in and was screeching around with the rest of the banshees.

Kira watched her movements, the way she walked, talked, her swagger was still there, unchanged, just like her. It made her nose crinkle as she looked away with an eyeroll. She couldn't let herself fall allover D again. Until she heard her mention more pastries, and expensive ones. Kira's head snapped back in her direction.
"Now you're speaking my language."
She followed Del to the next table like a puppy on a leash, why'd she always have her like this.

What really seemed to catch her attention were the Dominican pastries. Kira was already at the next table they'd been set upon before Del had to even point them out. She could recognize those pastries anywhere, they were some of her favorites, the one D's mother always made when she knew Kira was going to be around. Her tongue ran across her bottom lip, her mouth grew wet as she took in the scent of them.

"...I haven’t told her we’re not together anymore..."

Her eyes grew wide in shock. They had broken up at the end of the last semester, hadn't really spoken the entire summer besides some drunken texts Kira may have sent during her travels. How did she not tell her mother. She bit her bottom lip, her brows furrowed across her forehead as she looked back at Delilah quickly grabbing her hand and squeezing.
"How..."
her voice had grown louder.
"How did you not tell her?"
she finally asked more quietly.

But Del wasn't answering her question. Instead, she was extending some sort of strawberry pastry in her direction and Kira's mouth seemed to involuntarily open taking a bite. Her eyes shut almost immediately in delight, an audible
"hmmmm"
escaping her. Her eyes shot open, quickly wiping the powdered sugar from her lips with the back of her hand.
"Don't do that"
she mouthed letting go of Delilah's hand once realizing she still had hers wrapped around it.

senior

Kira.

• filler tab!

♡coded by uxie♡

Alex Brinson

Alex had never wanted for anything material wise in his life. For as tough as his dad was on him, it was mainly from an emotional level. Maybe he figured that it balanced out if he let him pretty much have what he wanted (though his mother often would intervene if it was too much of an overcompensation). It’s what left him out of touch for a lot of things and it seemed to get even worse when they allowed student-athletes to make money and Alex had signed a contract for 1.5 million for the next two years with Nike along with being able to monetize his social media and youtube.

So he had his own money. He had his parent’s money. In a year or so, he would have even more of his own money being an NBA star. He didn’t know what it meant to be without. He didn’t know what it meant to not be able to do something like get the girl he was in love with a large bouquet. Those were just things that he expected. He was out of touch.

But he was a big lover. He gave and he gave, and he was giving to Onyx because it was easy financially …and easy because he loved her. It wasn’t a chore. It wasn’t labor. It was natural.

“I know I just said breakfast, but I just…” he shrugged his shoulders smiling a bit offering a hug, before holding the flowers out, “I kind of forgot you live off campus, so I can just store them in my room until later if you need me to…”

His attention turned back to her when she asked if today was a special and he shook his head, “Oh no…things have just been nice between us and I wanted to show my affection towards you. It’s been a while since I could just do this…”

He thought for a second as he looked over campus and tapped his chin, “We can make a detour to my room if you want? So we can put these down and then we can head to breakfast. I haven’t eaten yet since I wanted to go with you, so I’m starving.”

He chuckled, before smiling, “I’m happy to see you.”

playing...
Tu Castigo

by Mariah Angeliq

olive branch shirt, jeans, matching j's

º º code by ditto º º

mood :
:)

outfit :
Tags:
SweetSublime SweetSublime

interactions :
Del and Kira
Collab Post
Del & Kira

She didn’t want to talk about why she hadn’t told her mother. She thought it was extremely obvious why. If she told her mother. If the one who loved Kira almost as much as her own daughter knew they were done. It would make it real. It would make the breakup more permanent when in the back of her mind. She was going to win Kira back. She just wasn’t doing a great job at it right now.

So when Kira gave in and tasted the pastry she thought maybe she had made some headway towards that. She sat the pastry down at a table nearby turning back to her with a smile on her face. She took a napkin from close moving toward Kira and brushing off some of the crumbs she missed , “There….”

Kira puckered her lips allowing D to brush off whatever remained on her face, the corner of her mouth slowly turning upwards. She must have been in some trance, Dels eyes always did that to her. But she quickly pushed her hand away when she came to and realized what was occurring. “Stop” she mumbled, crossing her arms over her chest.

Her stomach was suddenly in knots again. She’d been anxious about how the interaction with Delilah would go and it certainly wasn’t what she’d imagined. She knew she’d be civil with her but thought it would be more like the DMs they had exchanged in the past week. But were they actually in some way, getting along?

Delilah sighed when Kira pushed her hand away, moving to ball up the napkin and toss it into the trashcan that was nearby. She turned to finish setting up one of the tables. It was going well, but it still was awkward between them. She wasn’t sure how she should respond to things nor was she sure what Kira wanted from her. Did she just want to be civil and keep up the charade.

Del kneeled down and looked at the box she was going to pick up, but instead played with her shoes instead, “Kira….can we…t-...” she trailed off and shook her head before picking the box up and putting it on the table.

Kira looked around, none of their sorors were really paying them any mind despite some occasional glances. Closing her eyes momentarily she took a deep calming breath trying to relax herself. She was having mixed emotions. Things she had pushed down and bottled away were slowly coming back up to the surface.

Her eyes opened when she heard her name, Delilah was standing with her back turned before her setting another box onto the table. Her brows rose in question but quickly nodded, grabbing her bag and taking Del’s hand in hers, pulling her towards the exit doors “I need a smoke.”

Delilah blinked a few times when she felt Kira’s hand as she moved outside with Kira. She pulled her hand from Kira’s and stopped when they were a good bit from the student center, turning to stand in front of the much shorter girl.

She exhaled slowly, closing her eyes at the same time. What was she supposed to say?

“Can we just figure this out…?”

She quickly stopped in her tracks almost running into Delilah who had cut her short. “What’s there to figure out D?”

Kira shook her head rummaging through her bag. The only thing she could come across was her vape. She pulled it out bringing the thing to her lips inhaling deeply feeling her lungs fill with the sweet vapor. She held it in before the smoke left her body through her nose. “We broke up. What else is there to know?”

She rubbed her temple while she took a deep breath and looked over her shoulder. She wasn’t sure what she was looking for, maybe a ghost? Maybe that ghost was their relationship and it was nothing she could to bring it back, but…

She returned her attention back to Kira and groaned, “What? Do you want to go to counseling? I don’t want to be broken up…”

Her arms fell to her sides with a sigh. She’d grown tired of this back and forth between them. She couldn’t deny it, there was something there, they always seemed to have that spark, that connection. Even after all that time, she felt it when they hugged. But how was she supposed to just move on from everything Del had said to her in the past.

Kira’s arms wrapped around her waist with a quick shake of her head. “I don’t think I can…” She brought the vape back up to her lips taking another long inhale. “It took me all summer to get over you, and clearly I’m still not.” She rubbed her forehead with her other hand, her eyes meeting Del’s and then hitting the ground beside her. “I already told you before…you get the help you need, the therapy and then maybe I can consider it.” Her eyes came back up to Del’s face. “Until then, I…I don’t know if I can.”

Delilah looked to her and then off into the distance. That’s what always came to her, telling Delilah to go to therapy. That she needed help and she wouldn’t consider them getting back together until then. There was no guarantee. She said she would consider getting back.

She didn’t need therapy. That’s how she felt at least. She was good and Kira was the one with the problem. She was tired of going down that road though and knew it wouldn’t get her anywhere so she blew a raspberry before staring in the sky.

“Ok Kira….fine. I’ll go to therapy…”

“I told you, if you don’t-“ she was caught off guard when she heard Delilah agree and say she’d go to therapy. Her jaw dropped as she stared blankly at her. “Wait…what?” Kira looked from her left to her right, the vape coming up to her chin tapping it gently against it. She was having a hard time believing the words that had just left her mouth, she’d never agreed before. She’d always pushed back.

But Kira couldn’t help but throw her arms around Delilah’s neck in relief. Maybe her reaction was a bit rash but she couldn’t contain it any longer. Despite her constant denying it she still loved her, to the core. “Thank god” she mumbled under her breath.

She hadn’t expected Kira to throw her arms around her neck, causing her to blink a few times as she processed what was going on. What was she expecting though? This was good, right? She took a slow breath putting her arms around Kira’s waist, “I…yeah. You have to help me find a therapist.”

She pulled herself out of the embrace taking Del’s hands in hers. She could have probably kissed her right in that moment out of sheer happiness but she refrained herself. She’d have to, for now. “I can do that” she said with the softest smile. “But first, lets get back in there.” She turned around, Delilah’s hands still in her own pulling her back in the direction of the student center.
coded by reveriee.

Last edited:
mood :
:)

outfit :
Tags:
SweetSublime SweetSublime

interactions :
Maya and Peg
Collab Post
Maya & Peg

The morning was young and Maya's phone sang like a canary on the small nightstand near her bed. Her eyes flew open as she reached for the phone, picking it up into her manicured hands she shut the alarm off. She quickly sat up in bed and stretched her arms over her head before pulling the comforter off of her, freeing her bare legs. A fresh start she thought to herself as she kicked her legs over the side of the bed pushing herself off it towards the bathroom.

Getting ready didn’t take her too long, she’d prepared the majority of her things the night before. She had laid out her clothes and gotten her hair pressed. Only thing she really had to do was her makeup and then throwing it all together. She unraveled the scarf, her hair falling past her shoulders before running a brush through it to smooth it out.

Today was not only the first official day of classes, but she also had prepared a photoshoot that morning with a girl named Peggy for a piece in the fashion column of the school newspaper, The do’s and don'ts of Fashion. She hadn’t mentioned this to the girl that went by the name Peg but she thought it probably would be best that way, at least until it was published.

Maya had booked a space in the student center and arrived early in order to prepare before Peggy arrived. The backdrop was set, the camera ready and hanging from her neck, the outfits lined up on a rack in the corner. Everything was ready to go. Now all she had to do was wait for her model.

Maya grew anxious as she sipped her latte from the Starbucks cup. She looked up at the time on the wall, Peggy would be arriving shortly and then they could begin. Not being entirely honest with her subject had her stomach in knots but she needed to get this piece out, there was a deadline and it was quickly creeping up on her, she couldn't afford to lose her model now.

Day one. Peg was ready. She wouldn’t know that her and her brother were sharing the same sentiment of excitement.

She was so anxious for the following day that she hadn't been able to sleep. She laid in bed until 4 AM before she called it quits... And that probably wasn't the best decision in the long run, but at least she didn't have any real classes today, just a French class and a coding lab - fun and more fun. Plus, the extra time awake allowed her a head start to getting ready. Besides, she'd probably get a chance to squeeze a nap in at some point.

Having already showered last night, she only needed to brush her teeth and wash her face. Afterward, she stared herself down in the mirror, doing a visual self-evaluation, before pulling her hair down from its bun. What was she going to do with it? Wear it natural? Straightened? Up? Down? She still had to choose an outfit, her "favorite look" she was instructed.

She certainly hadn't been restless over the first day of school. She'd landed a modeling gig, and she was ecstatic to be able to carry on her career from her previous school. In her stupor, she probably hadn't asked as many questions as she should have. She only knew who she was meeting, where to go, when to be there, and to show up in her favorite outfit then she'd change into provided looks.

The early morning was growing later and it made Peg even more grateful that she had woken up earlier. She finally settled on an outfit and hairstyle, and applied just a little more makeup than usual before dashing on a hint of perfume. She could feel the emptiness of hunger in her stomach, but decided to pass on breakfast. In her typical day, she would never forgo a meal, but eating gave her mild bloat and, on her otherwise trim physique, that was not cute, especially for a photoshoot.

It didn't take her long to make it to the student center. She could have driven from her apartment, but figured she'd save some time and money. Besides, she felt good and looked good; walking meant she could show off. Inside, she almost immediately spotted Maya. The perfectly-groomed young woman was hard to miss, and at this hour the student center wasn't very alive yet either.

"Maya," she called out as she approached, grin across her features, "good morning! I'm all ready when you are."

She was sitting on a chair in the room she’d booked for the shoot mindlessly scrolling through her phone as she sipped on the hot latte waiting for Peg. Her mind constantly wandered to the few exchanges she had with Zay. She knew he was interested in that other girl, the one he kept referring to as Baby Momma, Mona was it? However, something kept drawing her back to him. He was like her own personal drug. She was a grown woman though, she knew what she was getting herself into.

Maya was quickly snapped out of her trance when Peg walked in. Looking up, she put a smile on setting her latte and phone down on the table beside her before quickly getting to her feet. “Peg! Hi!” Her smile became more genuine and friendly as she extended her hand out to shake Pegs. “Thanks again for doing this. It's greatly appreciated. The school paper has been hounding me for this piece.”

She did a once over Peg’s outfit, it was…cute, definitely not something Maya would wear but it suited her. “You look great!” she said enthusiastically. She pulled her by the hand to the backdrop she’d already set up. “This really should not take long. A few shots in this outfit, and then I have some pieces lined up.” She pointed over to the rack with a few select pieces on it that the papers editor had chosen. Had it been her choice, her little column piece would have gone in an entirely different direction but she supposed you couldn’t quite get places without stepping on a few toes, as much as it turned her insides upside down.

"Thanks! And, of course. It's my pleasure." Peg tried to hold back some of her grin. She was simply excited, but also didn't want to come across as too eager or weird. Maya then led her over to the backdrop to get started.

As the shoot went on, she noticed the way the student center quickly came to life, multitudes of students passing with their own agendas. Peg found herself curious as some groups seemed to gather in one spot or people carried large items. She exhaled a small breath and reminded herself to focus, returning her attention to her poses and expressions. She wasn't new to this; she could regroup quickly.

She had been right that the photoshoot wouldn't take very long; she barely even felt the hour that passed. As they wrapped up, Peg changed back into her original clothing and couldn't help wondering how pictures and article would turn out. Hopefully, this article would gain her the attention of other media students' or better.

She then stepped from behind the changing curtain, a tiny yawn leaving her but ignoring it. "Need anything else from me, miss?"

As Peg changed behind the partition, Maya can feel her smile widen as she peered at the pictures on the camera. She really had done an amazing job, Peg looked fabulous in all of the photos despite the questionable outfits the editor had chosen -particularly pertaining to the whole point of the column she was writing.

Maya almost jumped out of her skin when Peg came around from the curtain back in her original outfit. “No. Thank you so much Peg! The column will be up soon with some of your photos featured in it, which by the way you look absolutely stunning in.” She couldn’t lie, Peg really had shined in the shoot and although the article was what it was Maya would make sure to try and help Peg's name stand out in a positive light best she could.

She set the camera down onto the table as she unzipped her purse pulling out the white envelope with the previously agreed upon payment. It wasn’t much but it was a portion of what Maya would be making from the column. She extended the envelope in Pegs direction happily. “Don’t go spending it all in one place now.”

"Thank you so much." Peg took the envelope and replaced the paper with her hand, giving hers a parting shake. "If you need anything else, just let me know. You have my info."

Another yawn escaped her as she made her exit and this time she felt the drop of energy. The lack of sleep had finally caught up to her. But there was no time for naps now, so she would have to push through her next two classes. Perhaps a sweet snack from the bake sale would offer a pick-me-up.
coded by reveriee.

GIANNIS.

"This guy here is an Alpha..." His chest practically puffed out in response to Saruh's comment. That and maybe partially to claim, for lack of a better word, 'ownership' of his woman. He knew what she meant, he knew she was speaking of his frat, but in this moment, he was the alpha.

"Making new friends I see." He gave a polite nod in Constance's, or as Saruh put it, Connie's direction. "Nice to meet you too, Constance." He wouldn't refer to her by Connie, at least not yet, it seemed almost intimate, like the two already had something going on between them although they clearly had met only moments ago. He'd witnessed the entire thing without their knowledge as he was sitting on the hood of his car in the parking lot, but he wouldn't let that be known to them, at least not yet.

His eyes had lingered off into the distance, watching as the other girls from the sorority were setting up the baked goods onto different tables. It was coming together nicely, of course all to Saruh's doing and the other AKA's help. She was standing before him now, her hands in his. His hands engulfed each of hers almost entirely. From the corner of his eye he could see Saruh was waiting in anticipation with puckered lips. Would he kiss her? Or let her squirm? He was better than that.

Without another thought he bent at the knees slightly before wrapping his arms around her waist and lifting her up to him kissing her tenderly on the lips. He held the kiss momentarily before pulling away, her eyes had him in a trance. His hand came up to her face pushing her hair behind her ear, letting his fingertips just graze her cheekbone. "Oh...before I forget" he said recalling the watch in the pocket of his jeans.

He set her back down onto her feet pushing his fist into his pocket, his fingers wrapped around the watch, and he pulled it out extending it out to her fist closed around it. His fingers relaxed peeling away exposing the watch in the palm of his hand. "You forgot this back home, I thought you might need it." Giannis looked down at the watch, the little thing that had caused him more torment than it was worth. He should have never looked through it but then how would he know all she was hiding behind his back.

He gritted his teeth before putting on a smile as he took her wrist in his other hand strapping the watch to it. His eyes didn't leave the face of it almost in fear that the thing would start going off again with more messages from Zay, Zay with that damn little heart next to it. Why did it have to have the fucking heart next to his name, that much he didn't understand.

Giannis pulled his eyes back up to Saruh's face. He didn't say anything but he hoped she couldn't read it all over his face. He gave her forehead a kiss before moving around her towards the tables with all the baked goods. "When's momma Austin getting here?" he asked looking over his shoulder back in Saruh's direction.
mood: jealous? anxious? overwhelmed?
outfit: fit
Mentions: AkuTheWolfOkami AkuTheWolfOkami erzulie erzulie
KAZAH.

/* ------ right side ------ */

/* ------ image 1 ------ */
mood |high on endorphins

location | track/field.

/* ------ image 2 ------ */
outfit | shirtless. Black Under armor running shorts. Black Nike freeruns.

/* ------ image 3 ------ */
interactions/mentions | Kinni AkuTheWolfOkami AkuTheWolfOkami

/* ------ left side ------ */

roman starling

/* ------ main textbox ------ */
The girls cheer practice was coming to an end as Roman hit his last mile on the track. He couldn't deny his runs occasionally matching up with their practice didn't make for a more entertaining cardio session. Not to be mistaken though, he wasn't one of those types of dudes that objectified and disrespected women, but what man didn't like to see a woman in spandex. He tapped on one of the airpods that was tucked in his ear, the volume on them getting louder, all he could hear was the thumping of his pulse in his ears and the music coming through as he sprinted the last half mile.

He stopped by the bleachers where he'd set his stuff down bending at the waist, hands on his knees as he caught his breath. His chest heaving, the last mile sprint had really winded him. Picking up the towel that was draped out of the side of his bag, Roman wiped off the trickling sweat that was coming down his neck and onto his chest. His eyes couldn't help but wander towards the cheerleaders who were getting their stuff together to scurry off the field. His head began to tilt to one side as one bent forward picking up a duffle off the floor, his top teeth biting down onto his bottom lip. He quickly averted his eyes turning back to his own things, the last thing he wanted to do was to get caught staring.

He picked his things up off the middle row of the bleachers throwing his hoodie over his shoulder, he wouldn't bother throwing that on just yet, the slight breeze felt nice hitting against his hot skin. From the corner of his eye, he caught the sight of her. His head turned slightly in her direction. There she was, Kinni, amongst some of the other cheerleaders. She was gorgeous, tall and curvacious, but her eyes and that smile, thats what did him in.

He didn't know far too much about her as their previous interactions had been limited, very limited. She never gave him the attention he seeked so at one point he just kind of stopped trying. But that didn't mean he didn't enjoy when his eyes landed upon her during the times his run happened to occur during cheer practice. His tongue came across his bottom lip as he began to walk in her direction popping the airpods out of his ears and back into their case. Would today be the day there would be some more back and forth between them?

Intentionally, he bumped his shoulder to hers as he was walking pretending to be looking down at his phone. He knew where he'd been going the entire time, but she didnt need to know that. "Oh, I'm so sorry" he quickly said bringing his eyes up from the screen, they automatically met hers. The corner of his lips lifted revealing his straight white teeth, all those years of torture with poking wires and bullying from having braces actually paid off.

"Huh" a soft 'well would you look at that' type of chuckle escaped him. "Hey Kinni. Odd to see you here." He almost face palmed himself right then and there. idiot he thought. Of course she'd be there, it was cheer and she never missed a practice. Ro swallowed the lump that had grown in his throat. Did her presence suddenly have him nervous? He quickly pulled himself together and nodded in the direction of the student center. "Want to grab a bite or something? Must be starving after practice..." He brought the small towel up to his temple swiping it across his forehead in anticipation of her answer.

/* ------ credit -- do not remove ------ */

© weldherwings.

scroll

Sophomore

Kinni

mood

Exhausted

outfit

described

football practice field

interactions

Roman

Ain’t no rest for the wicked and money don’t grow on trees.

That was probably the theme song playing anytime Kinni walked by. She couldn’t remember the last time she had a moment to just sit and soak it in. Even in high school she had been doing a lot between competitive cheer, working for nike, and working on her own line. Free time had become so rare that she had to drop volleyball.

She was doing those same things when she got to college. Instead it seemed they only got more difficult and took longer to complete. She was picked to cheer for basketball and football, but because of her scholarship and experience, she also was on the collegiate competitive cheer and dance team. So her school time was spent between studying and well..being a student-athlete. The rest of her time, which she couldn’t even call free time, was now dedicated to her leading the entire “youth” activewear development department for Nike. Not to forget, she had to tend to her own line which went from $2k a month in gross sales up to $5k in net profit.

Yay for Kinni, right? Well of course, but right now about twenty of her sales were supposed to get shipped out a week ago. Woops. She should probably eat in that net profit and hire an assistant or something. That was a problem for later Kinni.

Now Kinni? She had to worry about cheer practice wrapping up. She was glad that they showed favoritism to seniors for cheer captains and that they didn’t think she was much of a leader. She couldn’t possibly have added on that responsibility as much as she resented being yelled at. Not that she was yelled at TOO much, but hey, she made mistakes too. Especially when she was only surviving off of red-bull.

When the young woman (the captain) clapped it up and yelled at everyone that they were done, Kinni sighed clapping up with them before moving over to her bag. She kneeled next to it, pulling out some Gatorade and then her apple-watch. She slowly put it on her left wrist, flipping it over to check the time. She didn’t have any classes until after noon on Wednesdays, so she had time to shower and get some of her orders done.

She scrunched her face up when she noticed Jordan hadn’t texted her. She made a mental note of it. She wasn’t going to text him either. Petty? Probably, but they weren’t on good terms right now and the status of their relationship was in limbo. It probably annoyed their friends to death, but whatever.

She dropped her Gatorade and bent over to post workout stretch, before letting another sigh slip. She stood up when she felt content and lifted her bag up and tossed it over her shoulder.

The only thing she was wearing a black nike pro dri fit sports bra and matching compression shorts with the matching black-nike running shoes. Wearing anything but nike would probably get her fired. Her metallic blonde bob was tied up in a bun and wrapped in a scarf.

She pulled her phone out and started to head towards her dorm when she felt a bump into her. Her first instinct was to cuss the person out, because that was Kinipela for you, but she was so exhausted she only let out a soft growl until she saw who it was.

He was just attractive enough for her to let it go in her exhaustive state, “Just watch next time lolo…” she grumbled letting the pidgin slip out.

She took a deep breath and listening to him continue on. She quirked a brow when he mentioned it was odd to see her there and was a bit confused, “Odd..seeing me…at cheerleading practice, when you know I’m a cheerleader? Know what….nevermind.”

She had turned to walk away from him because she didn’t care to continue their conversation. She never did, what would make a difference now? Besides, Jordan would try to fight him. However, she stopped when she heard something about food and closed her eyes taking a minute to consider it. It would just piss Jordan off if he saw her with him, wouldn’t it?

She yawned before turning her attention back to him, “You know what, Roman? Why not.””

♡coded by uxie♡

mood :
here

outfit :
mentions :

interactions :
AkuTheWolfOkami AkuTheWolfOkami
Collab post
Kinni & Ro
His attempt at being smart with her about the whole thing made him look plain dumb. His hands ran down his face with an aggravated groan as she walked away. Romans head tilted back on his neck wearily looking up at the sky. He’d grown tired in his attempts to pursue the beautiful woman. What more was he supposed to do at this point? She didn’t seem like the type that wanted him standing out of her window holding a boombox over his head playing ‘In your eyes’. He was sure that would be the last thing she wanted. He knew, swooning this girl had proven to be extremely difficult.

“You know what, Roman? Why not.”

The words caught him off guard. Her turning and walking “away”, he’d assumed he was alone with his mellow thoughts.

Ro’s eyebrows came up in a bit of shock. Had she actually agreed to it. He looked her over quietly, perhaps it was a joke to her but she very clearly was not laughing. Besides the apathetic look on her face, Roman was smiling.

He quickly pulled the hoodie over his head pushing his arms through each sleeve as he juggled his bag in one hand then the other. He finally adjusted it on his shoulder. Without hesitation, which he knew would come with some protest, he took her hand in his walking towards the student center. “What are you in the mood for?”

Kinni was a lot of things. Patience for other people that did not make her money? That was one thing she was not patient for. In this moment, Roman was one of those things that didn’t make her money so she was a bit irritated that he was taking longer than she wanted.

Her foot was tapping in an irritable manner. Though she blinked when she felt his hand in hers and her body being dragged in the direction towards the student center. She had half a mind to rip her hand from his and punch him in the arm, but she relented. She was too tired.

Him asking her what she was into did irritate her though. It was to no fault of his own, she just hated being asked what she wanted. Jordan knew what to do. He would have a list of things she knew she like and suggested something from the list until she said yes. It annoyed him, but would placate her.

“Surprise me…”

This wasn’t going to be good. Kinni was also very picky about where she ate.

Ro could feel her body tense in a way just with the simple touch and hold of her hand. He was quite perceptive of people and how they were feeling, and he knew Kinni was one that was just not feeling him in the moment, or at all…yet. He was on somewhat of a mission to change that. Especially now that she currently wasn’t with her on again off again boyfriend. He’d seen them around together before, he always questioned it but he wasn’t one to interfere in other peoples relations.

He pulled open the door to the student center holding it open for Kinni. ‘Surprise me’ she’d said. He quickly racked his brain for the things they could get, but his options were limited given the lunch rush hadn’t started yet. He chewed on the inside of his cheek as he followed her into the building looking around. He took her hand in his again, he didn’t want her getting away from him knowing damn well that it wouldn’t stop her if she wanted to.

He didn’t typically eat on campus and wasn’t all too familiar with what they had around this place anymore. “Starbucks? Pancakes? Waffles? …. Sushi?” he chuckled nervously bringing his other hand to the nape of his neck and rubbing the knot that had begun to form.

He held the door open for her. He had better. That was the bare minimum that someone who was trying to get her attention should do. When she stepped inside, the cool air slapped her in the face and the sweat she still had clinging to her brown skin sent a chill down her spine.

She was going to reach for her yoga hoodie to put on but Roman had grabbed her hand again. That was amusing because this time she could tell that it was a way of keeping her from scurrying off. Good. He should be worried about that.

Kinni’s nose scrunched up when he made his suggestions. She was from Hawaii and her grand mother was half-japanese, half-native hawaiian. It was safe to say that sushi from a school’s student center was not on the top of her list of things to eat. Also, though she loved waffle house, she didn’t actually ever order waffles from there. Pancakes and waffles were far too many carbs for her liking and she tended to avoid carbs altogether.

Fortunately for him. He said starbucks first and though Kinni preferred local coffee shops, she couldn’t say no to Starbucks. Though when dealing with a gen-z or millenial woman it was always a safe bet to suggest Starbucks, well done for playing it safe.

“Starbucks is fine…just let go of my hand…”

He looked down at his hand closed around hers, another tense chuckle reverberated through his chest. “Oh..right.” He quickly released her hand from his own rubbing it against his temple. “My bad” he mumbled almost inaudibly.

The Starbucks was relatively close to the entrance of the student center, he walked ahead of her getting in the short line of students. He squinted his eyes slightly looking up at the menu, to be truthfully honest, Roman hadn’t been to a Starbucks in quite some time and all the fancy shit on the menu just didn’t appeal to him.

He looked over his shoulder in Kinni’s direction, he almost thought she would have made a run for it but to his surprise she was behind him. He shifted in his place in line to allow her to step before him. “Anything look good to you?”

Kinni lifted her shoulders up and let them drop down when he spoke, before obliging and stepping forward, “How about you tell me what you want? You’re acting like you’ve never been to a starbucks before…”

Ro felt exposed. Had it been that obvious? He wasn’t concerned on anyones thoughts about it but he assumed it would be a bit odd to others that he preferred small cafes or the bodegas back home over the chain. He shrugged his shoulders up very nonchalantly. “Just a black coffee for me. I cant -” he gestured at the menu with his hand “-deal with all this frappuccino, dragon fruit craziness.” He looked up at the menu again. “And look at the calories and sugar content on one of those things.” He almost shuddered in response.

She glanced over her shoulder at him and rose a brow when he started going on about all of the drinks available. She was actually impressed by his consideration of what they had in them and she turned her attention back to the menu, hiding her small smile, “Yeah it’s so much processed sugar in them it’s kind of ridiculous….”

So she stepped up to the barista when it was their turn, “Can I get a grande black coffee and a grande cafe latte with a single pump of sugar free vanilly syrup, almond milk, and no whip please. Also make it a triple shot of espresso. “

She moved away from him. She kind of felt like a hypocrite mentioning processed sugar when she probably had red bulls rattling around in her gym bag, but she would have died from exhaustion otherwise.

He was always one to take into consideration what he put into his body. He certainly allowed himself the occasional cheat meal but he enjoyed fueling it with good, whole foods. It was his thing, train hard, eat well, and repeat, with sleep and classes thrown in the middle of it.

Kinni had went ahead and ordered their beverages with the barista. Rightfully so as he probably would have fucked up her order somehow and would have resulted in a very unhappy lady. He pulled up his wallet on his phone, tapping it to the screen of the machine to pay before stepping to the side to wait on their order.

“So Kinni, tell me something about yourself…”

When he joined her on the side where they were waiting on their drinks, she looked up to him. There wasn’t much difference in their heights, but he was taller and that was her only requirement in giving a man the time of day. Be taller than her.

When he asked her to tell him something about herself, her first instinct was to get smart with him and ask if this was a job interview, but she relented because he just paid for her drink. Which, for the record, was the expensive of the two, “I’m from ….Molokai island in Hawaii. I’ve won three amateur surf competitions and i’m actually short for my family…”

He watched her as she spoke, nodding and taking in everything she was saying. He would make sure to store the information somewhere in his brain to refer back to later. “You…short?” he chuckled his eyes meeting hers. He thought he’d been tall but for a female, Kinni almost matched him in height. Ro’s eyes shifted between hers before his attention was pulled away when they called out their order.

He nodded at the barista picking up the two beverages and handing the fancy one to her. “Careful, it's hot.” He could feel his face getting warm. Idiot, he thought to himself again. Of course the hot coffee was hot. He let out an exasperated sigh giving himself a slight shake of the head in his own disapproval.

“Well… we got coffee, but ain't you hungry?” He couldn’t deny his own stomach was crying out for something to eat. He’d held her up for a bit of time at this point though so he wouldn’t be surprised if she decided to ‘take a rain check’, although he hoped she wouldn’t. But with Kinni, you just never knew these things.

“My little sister is shorter, she’s like 5’6. But my brother is 6’6, my dad was 6’4, my mom was 5’11. My uncle is 6’5, my grand pa is 6’4. Grand ma is tiny though. She’s 5’1, but my aunts are all like over 6’...” she shrugged her shoulders a bit taking her drink from him, “Thank you.”

She stopped when he asked about food, and checked her watch and shook her head, “I really need to get these orders out, um…text me, yeah?”

She'd gone off on a bit of a tangent explaining the colossal giants in her family. Despite a number of them, they were all rather tall. He didn't feel quite so large any longer.

As he thought, she'd declined his offer to grab some actual food but he understood where she was coming from. She was a busy woman. But...she'd officially given him the greenlight.
coded by reveriee.

@BlackPearl

Black Gold

Onyx

mood

Hopeful but stressed

outfit

Outside Arena

interactions

Mentions

None

This was typical Alex down to the tee and she couldn't be mad about it. She didn't want to regardless. It was sweet and genuine and all the things she loved about him even if it reminded her of all her own flaws, and inadequacies. Wondering if she'd ever be able to measure up again.

Of course she would! even if her parents didn't forgive her she'd be making her own money, she was making her own money even if it was very little.

Being a spoiled princess most of her life was really biting her in the butt right now, but she was strong, and she had to believe in that strength, and not burden anyone else anymore. Especially not the boy in front of her. He didn't deserve that.

So she returned the hug with a warm smile and giggled at his admittance, "That'd actually be a great idea. I can swing by this evening after everything and pick them up. We can have dinner too if you want?" She offered. Did she had dinner money? Uh...she could make some adjustments for a day so long as they stayed on campus and did do something extravagant. Sure he could pay, but he already had breakfast and this, she wanted to pay it forward like she usually would've tried to.

Yup all in an attempt to keep up appearances still. This was getting outta hand...

She absolutely melted at his words. Things had been really nice. It felt like they had almost completely picked up where they left off. She only said almost because of her own internal struggles that weren't there last time. "It has been. Thank you, I really appreciate it." She stood on her tip toes and placed a hand on his shoulder to gently urge him to bend down a bit so she could kiss his cheek. "You're always amazing and so thoughtful."

All she could do was should him with love and affection by physical touch and words of affirmation. She hoped for now that'd be enough. Because she did still love him from the bottom of her heart. She would've even calmed he was her soulmate in truth. She did know for a fact she didn't want to lose him again after all this.

"That sounds like a good idea." She nodded at his suggestion to drop off the flowers first. She giggled as they started walking to his dorms, "Oh same I've not had anything! Do you have a craving for anything in particular?" She hummed curiously. The light blush that had honestly never faded from her face deepened when he mentioned how happy he was to see her, "Me too." She playfully nudged his side as she said so.

"So uh." the better part of her brain warned her that the words that were about to fall from her lips where dangerous territory, but better to frontload awkward conversations right? Better to get all the weird conversations that'd eventually pop up out of the way first. "How was your summer?" A question so simple, yet considering they hadn't spoken for the entirety of it, and considering the reason they'd done so...it was a weighted question in her mind. She tried her best to make it sound casual.

♡coded by uxie♡

Shaun Cianciola & Acadia Brinson
tumblr_m57nzijhkE1rojem4.gif
She turned immediately, her body language and tone seemingly appalled and Shaun wasn't exactly sure how he was gonna regroup... until her eyes met him and a smile crossed her lips. Even he smiled - one part out of relief, the other out of admiration for those lips. She gingerly took the pencil and he brushed a nervous hand back through his hair when she spoke. "Truly," he agreed. "There's more where that came from." He wasn't totally sure himself if he was joking or not. He had promised her more pencils in place of the lost one, but he had also found the lost pencil itself, so he was technically no longer indebted... But wouldn't it look so much better to give her more than she asked for? Then again, it was a pack of pencils; would she even care? ...Why was he thinking so hard about pencils? Maybe it was actually true that women made men crazy...

He rested a hand on the back of her chair as he pulled out the adjacent one to sit, letting the hand on her chair linger. "It depends on just how many hours of quality time I get." He glanced at the spread of colored folders and dividers. He noted that she must have been very organized... Well, of course, if she realized a pencil was missing. She was on top of her shit. It was impressive. It wasn't him at all, but maybe he could learn something from it... But he had to cement his place with her first and that would be a lesson all its own.

Acadia picked up on how her initial reaction nearly made him freak out and though she normally wouldn’t have cared, knowing it was him made her feel bad. She should probably tell him she doesn’t like being touched after this so he didn’t make the same mistake again, but she was more so focused on their current interaction right now. He’d assured her there was more to be expecting of him, but she was the kind of girl who relied on actions - not words. “Oh, well I’m sure you think so but I’ll be the judge of that.

She couldn’t help but watch as he took the seat next to her, not bothering to ask if anyone else were sitting there. Something about it - maybe how confident he was or that he didn’t seem to care - caught her attention and she just smiled. “How do you know I didn’t have company sitting there?” Originally she wasn’t going to call him out on it but she just couldn’t help herself. “Hours,” she said, stressing the ‘s’. “That implies you’re looking for a lot of quality time. Are you?” Noticing the way he glanced to her temporary mess, she suddenly felt anxious and the need to explain herself. “Oh, erm, I like to stay on top of my schedule.” She started to stack everything and move it to her side of the table out of his way. “Makes sure I succeed.”

Alright. One pack of pencils, it would be. ...But it would have to wait until later. He briefly wondered why he felt the need to prove himself to this girl. She was attractive, but she was also a stranger. They were essentially two teenagers that owed each other nothing… but people (aside from his mother) never really had high expectations of him… or any positive expectations, for that matter. So, maybe she was like a fresh slate and if he could win her favor, then he could prove himself capable of success. Or, something like that. And if he failed, at least it wasn't based on a preconceived notion.

He looked around the area where he sat before his eyes returned to her with a shrug. "I guess they lost out. Move your feet, lose your seat. You at least have to mark your territory." As soon as the words left his mouth, he bit the corner of his lip and closed his eyes with a sigh, kicking himself mentally. "That's not what I meant..." His eyes flashed back open. "Anyway, they'll be fine. Besides, who wouldn't want to spend all their time next to you?" Yeah, good recovery. He gave himself mental dap.

"I'll take the time I can get. You're obviously a busy lady, and a stranger can't be too demanding." He gave a sideways grin. In some ways, he really wasn't helping his cause. He had gone from finding a book for class to totally distracted. However, it was the first day - which was either more or less reason to cut himself slack, but he'd figure it out later... which was around the same time he'd find that book. She seemed to fret a little, moving her things out the way, and he swiftly laid a hand on top of the stack to stop her. "Woah. Stop die lorrie," he chuckled. "Don't go mix up your things for me. Leave them spread out. I interrupted you, after-all."

“Mark your territory?” She asked, eyebrow raised. Of course she understood what he had intended but the best part about being her was giving people a hard time. “And exactly how would you go about ‘marking’ said ‘territory’?” Her eyes narrowed and she just stared at him before an inevitable smile grew on her face. “You’re in luck. I am all alone in this,” she gestured around the library before settling on him again. “Huge library. Well, was.”

Acadia couldn’t help but bite her lip at his comment, idly tapping her finger on the table. “Huh. You’re a smooth guy, Shaun. You naturally this good or do you practice in the mirror in your spare time?” Again, when it came to teasing people and giving people a hard time Acadia just couldn’t help herself. Tripping people up made them reveal to her that they were human and making sure they were at least genuine was her biggest goal. When Shaun stopped her from getting her stuff in order she paused, staring at his hand on top of her folders.

No one had ever stopped her from clearing her space, letting her do what she needed to do. It was polite and considerate and truly caught her off-guard - something she wasn’t used to. After a few more seconds, she cleared her throat and looked up at him. “Um. Erm,” she shook her head. “What language is that?”

Her question had caught him off guard and processed in a variety of ways before the dots finally connected to the proper circumstance. "Uh…" Shaun stammered, "just, y'know, if I were sitting here, I'd have left some of my stuff here or something." His hand on the back of her chair moved to nervously rub the back of his neck. "But good to know I didn't steal anyone's seat."

She thought he was smooth? He got some good ones in here or there, but he certainly didn't think he could be labeled smooth, especially after that verbal trip up. He shrugged. "Well, y'know, practice makes perfect, they say." He chuckled at his own joke. He'd had plenty of "on the job" training when it came to the art of wooing...plus, the accent helped. So, maybe he did put a little effort in, and maybe he did deserve some credit.

Stopping her from moving her things had been more of an instinct than a thought, and part of him wondered if it may be received the wrong way despite the explanation. So as she stared at his hand on her folders, he slowly moved it away. When she cleared her throat, he was ready for it to be followed by a line of scolds. Yet, she only did that cute little purr thing she seemed to do when uncomfortable or uncertain and questioned him about his language.

"My language?" He hadn't noticed. He stroked his beard in thought while mumbling and looking off, retracing the conversation. Then, he caught it. "...Guess I slipped into a bit of Afrikaans, huh?" His gaze returned to her. "I spent my first 13 years growing up in South Africa."

Acadia had nearly expected him to say something - call out for her sudden lack of a response but alas, he hadn’t. She was relieved that he hadn’t because that meant that she would have to explain that she doesn’t like people touching her. Every time she’d told someone something like that they wanted to know the reason behind it right away. If Acadia didn’t confide in her mom about these things, a world-renowned psychiatrist, then what made people think she was going to tell them?

Instead, he’d also abandoned her strange action and went to answer her question. It was as if he hadn’ realized what he’d done and when he mentioned him slipping up it became clear that it was an accident. It didn’t matter though, as Acadia found what he was telling her to be fascinating. “South Africa? That’s- Wow,” she said, suddenly at a loss for words. “It sounds amazing. What brought you over here then? I’d never purposely choose to remain in America,” she joked. Acadia found herself propping her elbow up on the table and slightly leaning forward to remain engaged.

No one had ever asked him why he left Africa, or even really taken an interest in those details of his life. He noticed how she leaned forward, fully engrossed in what he had to say next. The gesture nearly made him lean back in response; not because he didn't want her close, but from fear his answers wouldn't be worth the indulgence.

Shaun shrugged. "I don't know. It was ma's decision. I guess she felt it would be safer and better opportunity here. I didn't really get a say." He brushed his hand back through his hair again and bit the corner of his lip. Should he say more? Did he need to go through the spiel about how he never really grew up with a home? Well, it sounded dramatic when put that way, but…

His stomach rumbled again.

Another time. She could learn his details another time. "Are you hungry? If it fits your taste, we can get some breakfast together."

lede.jpg

Shaun leaning away from her wasn’t missed in the slightest. Acadia had been an extremely aware person when it came to body language of herself and others. Right now, it just looked as if she were in his personal space. She also leaned back a little, trying to make up for it while nodding her head along with his explanation. “That’s fair enough. Still, it’s pretty interesting to be from another country entirely. Beats being born here, right,” she joked.

Acadia pretended not to hear his stomach, biting her lip to keep from giggling. He’d offered for the two of them to get food together and just before she accepted, she hesitated. Looking back around the table of papers she realized she hadn’t finished what she set out to accomplish. “Um. I would love to but,” she gestured to her work before looking at him once more. “I should finish this stuff up before I do anything else.”

Shaun chuckled at her joke. "I don't know being born anywhere else, so I'll take your word for it. Being here hasn't been so bad, but definitely a lot of change." He gave an affirmative nod.

He snapped his fingers in disappointment when she turned down his invite. "Close but no cigar, as the Americans say." He never really understood that phrase. Maybe he should add that research to his homework… Which reminded him of that damn book again. Oh well, he could probably find a book source online anyway…

"But I understand." He stood and pushed in his chair, leaning on the back of it as he spoke. "I did say not to let me interrupt. I remembered." He tapped his head to add emphasis along with a nervous chuckle. Frankly, he'd kind of been interrupting, but that wasn't the point. "Another time. I'll keep in touch." He grinned before parting with a peace sign.

He briefly thought to offer to bring her something back - Shaun had a general care for others' well-being - but he refrained on the grounds that maybe she'd find the gesture weird since they didn't know each other well. Plus she didn't really strike him as the kind to eat while she worked. Perhaps that explained her trim physique; far too busy working for food.

But Shaun did not have that problem. He patted his hungry stomach as he went off in search of something to eat.
Interactions: Acadia [ Collab w/ Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess ]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back