• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Illustrious (HBCU RP)

Characters
Here
mood :
Angry

outfit :
Tags:
@SweetSublime

interactions :
Giannis and Saruh
Collab Post
Giannis & Saruh

She smiled when he dropped her back ot her feet, glad to have her kisses and everything from the man before her. She was happy with him. It may not seem like it because Saruh was never happy, so content was probably the better word. Happiness wasn’t something she dealt with often, and if she really asked herself, she wasn’t sure the last time she was genuinely happy.

She was going to move to say something to Connie, but she had already left. So she shrugged it off staring into Giannis’ eyes and smiled brightly, “You have really pretty eyes babe…”

She blinked a few times when he pulled her watch out and took a slow exhale. Something was off. She had been with him for years to this point, so she could tell when something was off,”I…thank you..are you okay?”

He gave her a genuine smile following her compliment. “As do you, beautiful,” he said, cradling her chin in his hand giving another peck on her lips.

“Me?” he chuckled. It was one of those nervous chuckles, they were rare in his case but occurred every once in a while. “I'm fine babe.” He looked over the tables of different pastries licking his lips in response to the aroma that wafted off of them. They did look good, but he thought it probably best to stay clear of them. He’d been hitting the gym more than usual and getting himself back into better shape and it was showing, he didn’t want to take a step in the wrong direction. But the pastries were mouthwatering.

He turned back around to face Saruh who was standing there watching him, her head tilted to one side with that knowing look on her. He needed to do better at shielding what was running through his head, but how could he. They knew each other too well at this point after the years of dating, they always knew when something was bothering the other.

She had been distracted from when he mentioned her mom, that it took a while for her to process what he had asked. She should be in New York, no way should she be here. It would be just like her mom to fly out and make her life miserable especially after what happened with Olive Branch, “I…..”

She put the watch on her wrist as he looked over the pastries. She had to figure out which was more pressing at the moment. Her mother, or Giannis.

“Don’t lie to me…” she trailed off looking at the table that had the specialty cupcakes her mom had sent over. She ran her nails across the table.

He looked at her with raised brows and pursed lips. “Did you ever know me to lie to you?” It had been true, he hadn’t ever lied to her. He’d always been transparent with her, to the best of his ability. She, on the other hand, was the one keeping secrets.

“Fuck it” he mumbled under his breath. He turned back towards the pastries picking up one of the cupcakes. “Taste test” he said, lifting the cupcake up to his mouth. Giannis didn’t hesitate this time, he bit right into it, the frosting covering his upper lip. He looked over at Saruh, licking at it teasingly.

“So… when's Zay headed this way?”

He thought it might be a bit odd to be asking, given Zay was an alpha as well and would likely join in on supporting the AKA’s at their bake sale but he couldn’t help himself. Saruh and Zay had gone on tour together, they were friends, they were close, maybe too close for Giannis’ liking but he wouldn’t get that far just yet.

He was right. He never lied to her and there was no point in pressing him because she had no reason to distrust him. Whether her intuition was right or not, she would have to let it go.

She let out a slow sigh as she moved away from the other baked goods , and reached into her a pocket for another baked good. The kind that would elevate her mood, and slipped a cooke into her mouth.

She looked up when he asked about Zay and rose a brow. Was he still upset about that? She swore they squashed it, so she wasn’t sure why he was asking when he could just his own frat brothers.

She checked her phone to see if he had texted her and made a confused phase. It said that she had read messages that she hadn’t read. The number of new texts didn’t add up and she looked over to Giannis, “Did you….go through my messages Giannis…”

Giannis watched her as he took the final bite of the cupcake. His face, stoic, showed no emotion as he shrugged and turned back around to grab a cookie off the table. That was his issue, when faced with conflict he would eat. And not just any conflict, conflict between him and Saruh, it didn’t usually happen but on the few instances it did, he ate. Especially now that there was a table lined with an assortment of pastries and baked goods around. He’d have to work harder in the gym that evening to burn off the processed shit he was putting into his body.

He turned back around to face her. “That little timepiece on your wrist there wouldn’t stop going off.” He took a bite out of the cookie, chocolate chip a classic. He brought his eyes down to meet hers.

“So you just thought it was okay to go through my messages…” she looked away from him, taking in another bite of the edible and let a nasaly exhale out. She shook her head before looking back at him, “I don’t like this side of you…”

His head shook on its own before looking around the crowded student center. “Are you sure you want to do this here?”

She turned to him and narrowed her eyes, “Let’s do this here..”

Giannis nodded his head, remaining calm. “Alright. Your choice babe.”

He released a large breath of air, what he felt he’d been holding onto for far too long. He didn’t know how he wanted to start this. He avoided fighting with Saruh as much as he could, always trying to give her the space she seeked and the things she wanted. “You said those were the only ones… the pics on that gossip shit.” He kept his voice low, he didn’t need anyone else in their business and he knew Saruh liked her privacy which is why it caught him by surprise when she was okay with opening up the entire situation around the crowded place.

Saruh nodded and closed her eyes. “They are the only public ones…” She didn’t raise her voice and she didn’t open her eyes, “And it doesn’t matter. I’m not risking my career for you. If you don’t like the pictures, fine. I get it. But that’s for business, you have no right to go through my damn messages. “

His face grew shocked. “You’re not risking your career for me?” He nodded. “Fine. But a little respect for me would have been nice. But I guess that doesn’t matter, it’s only one sided. I gotta respect your career and boundaries but you can’t reciprocate it…”

“I can’t reciproc-..” she opened her eyes and glared at him. She chuckled, “Yeah sure, when you become a singer i’ll make sure i’ll reciprocate…” She rolled her eyes and turned away from him moving to sale a brownie that someone had approached, “You’re upset about pictures I did for a photoshoot..what are you going to do when I shoot music videos?”

Giannis breathed a heavy sigh following behind her, keeping somewhat of a distance but close enough where he didn’t need to raise his voice to be heard over the crowd. “No..I’m upset about the pictures you hid from me. I get it, you’re an artist, you’re gonna have risqué shit to do. It came with the territory and I accepted that. But respect me enough to show me or at least tell me.”

He ran his tongue across the backs of his teeth before feeling them grit together. “Let alone the heart…” he mumbled. That damned heart still haunted him. Did he even have one next to his name? Or was he simply labeled Giannis in her phone.

“So you have to keep tabs on me. I’m either a child or your pet…got it.” she responded looking at a notification her watch. She swiped it a way before her ear twitched when she heard him mumble something, “Speak up .”

A chuckle rumbled through him. “You must be kidding cause you know that’s not true.” He watched her swipe something away on her watch, his nostrils flared in response. His eyes rose up to her face and his jaw clenched tightly. He was trying to remain calm, it was unusual of him to lose his cool but he could no longer contain it.

“You have a fucking heart next to his fucking name! How’s that for speaking up.” His face had grown hot, his blood rushing to every part of his body. His hands had turned to fists.

He felt eyes turn to them, watching the scene, listening for what would come next. But he wouldn’t give them a show, not any longer. He grabbed another baked good off the table before walking for the exit.

“You’re a giant child.” she stated plainly, no anger in her voice and merely a smile on her face as she exchanged money for another baked good. She wasn’t going to chase him, so he could leave for all she cared.

FADE TO BLACK
coded by reveriee.

Remi P. Michel

There wasn’t much that usually shook Remi. Everything that weighed on his shoulders he was usually able to handle even if it took a lot of work. His poise and composure were all scouts talked about when they were evaluating him for college football. He was a physical specimen with skills that far exceeded most, if not all of the other quarterbacks in his class. He could throw it 75 yards down field on a dime. He could run a 4.5 on the 40. His vert was ridiculous. Yet all they ever talked about when it came to his evaluation was.

“He’s so calm in the pocket.”

“Never gets rattled.”

“Keeps his eyes downfield.”

“Doesn’t linger on mistakes.”

Right now, though? Remi was shook. It was a lot of weight that was resting on his shoulders that he wasn’t sure he could handle. This was unusual for him though. He usually had no trouble handling pressure. His dad was an All-Pro receiver in the NFL during his time. His mother was a supermodel and an ambassador for Haiti. Pressure was normal for them.

Yet this felt different for him. DuBois had always been an elite basketball school. They didn’t find difficulty recruiting 2-3 top prospects from their state. That’s all it took for a program to get lucky in the tournament. Football on the other hand? It was another task to get the 10-15 elite players needed to have a good year, let alone a championship year.

Yet Remi had accepted that challenge as the highest ranked recruit to come to DuBois. He wanted to prove to other recruits that you could win here. That you could come to this HBCU and make a career. That they weren’t a Vandy. He even convinced another 5 star in Moses to come with him, and other players too. So, if this was a failure? It wasn’t just Remi failing. It was his teammates too. With the transfer portal that wasn’t such a permanent mark, but still.

So maybe that’s why he hadn’t been able to sleep the night before the game, no matter how much comfort Amy tried to provide. Maybe that’s why messing with Liv didn’t comfort him. No text exchanges with Maggie and no matter how much time he spent in the gym, on the practice field, on FaceTime with his father, he couldn’t sleep. He couldn’t calm down. The pressure was getting to him.

That didn’t change as he set through the morning meetings for the game. That didn’t change through breakfast or lunch. That didn’t change through warm-ups, nor during coin toss.

They were getting the ball first, and Remi trotted out on to the field in their mostly black uniforms with the white letters and numbers. The number 12 under Michel on the back of his jersey set neatly as he slid over his head the black helmet with the white paw print on either side and the solid white bar through the center.

In the huddle he looked over to Moses and then Makaio and the rest of the players barking out the play call, clapping with the last few lineman who remained in the huddle. The first drive was scripted, bubble screen to Moses for a gain of 4. RPO where he pulled the ball down and handed it off to Makaio, gain of 2. Last play a short slant that Remi ended up throwing at the feet of the receiver.

They marched towards the sideline and Remi pulled the straps of his helmet down and tossed the helmet to the side.

Moses immediately approached him trying to hype him up to get his head in the game, and Remi moved off to the side after looking around the sidelines. Not too far off down the sidelines he could see Amy, his mom, and his dad who waved at him. There was a nod to them as he shook his head and marched back on the field after their defense had come up with a stop.

He wasn’t sure what it was about seeing his family on the sideline. Maybe it made him realize he wasn’t facing this pressure alone? Because the next drive it was like magic. It was a hand off to Makaio for a 12 yard gain. A no huddle hurry up to the line and a play action counter, as Remi rolled out to the right side and threw a long pass down the field to Moses who broke away from the defender and caught it for a 65 yard touchdown pass.

From there it was pretty much smooth sailing at least for the Offense as Remi went 13/17 for 265 yards 3 touchdowns, 6 rushes for 75 yards and a touchdown. Still, their defense couldn’t hold on to their side of the deal. It was 44-40 on the last drive with 45 seconds left as they started out on the 37 yard line. The drive went well as they marched down the field It was 2 seconds left on the clock and they were on the 15 yardline pretty much meaning they had to score.

Remi ran up in a shotgun formation pointing out and calling where the defenders were, before the ball was snapped into his hands. He moved right jumping over the outstretched arms of a defender. He saw Moses open in the back of the end-zone and as he was moving his arm back to throw the ball an extremely large boom occurred. Remi jumped a bit because he was startled as he was throwing the ball. He watched in shock and awe before he was pushed by a defender and fell to the ground. The ball sailed over Moses’ head and Remi watched from his new position on his behind as that sealed the loss to the Virginia Tech Hokies. His eyes trailed from Moses to the fireworks continually going off and making their explosions in the sky.

Everything was a daze from that point on as he stood at one of the houses for the after party with a drink in his hand.

playing...
Control

by AlunaGeorge, Popcaan

clothes

a lot
mentions mentions mentions

º º code by ditto º º

Acadia & Kenny Collab
mood

outfit

tags

The morning was no different than the routine he had developed when he was home in chicago. Get up before sunrise and hit the boxing gym that he helped run, except he didn’t run this one, he was just a “manager”. Still, it meant early access. So he was there jumping rope. Hitting the speed bag. Hitting the heavy bag. Eventually he would open up for the day time manager, and swap out as he hit campus for his morning run.

Eventually he would be back in his apartment to shower and get ready for the first day of classes. Simple outfit. White Sox jersey with the top buttons open, black khaki shorts that stopped above his knees, and oreo 4’s with black and white socks up his legs. He heard that there was a sorority bake sale in the student center, so he’d avoid that. He stopped off one of the smoothie food trucks on the opposite side of town for a protein heavy smoothie and to just find him a seat at one of the study rooms on the quieter side of campus until his next class.

When it became time to go, he methodically moved from his seat into a new seat in the class at one of the “science “tables somewhere in the middle looking down at his phone watching video from one of his old boxing matches.

Mornings were not Ahlivia’s strong suit, but when she got coffee into her system she could manage. She hadn’t even bothered getting dressed before brewing herself some coffee in the small pot she had brought with her. By the time she got out of the shower it was ready for her to add sugar and creamer and she did so in her towel. It wasn’t until she had her third cup that she was dressed and ready to get to class.

On the way there she stopped to get herself a danish to eat, seeing as she had all this caffeine coursing through her veins. The danish was only halfway gone when she found her classroom and she stood outside to finish it. Eating in front of people was awkward and even more so on the first day when they were strangers. Dusting off the crumbs she walked inside and found herself sitting next to someone watching a video on his phone.

A part of her wanted to introduce herself, but ear phones were the universal sign of ‘Leave me the fuck alone,’ and she knew better. Instead, she took out her laptop to start working on some edits for a video she was working on.

He hadn’t noticed Ahlivia, but it wasn’t intentional. He was deep into reviewing his match, trying to find some way to improve. He won the match, but he was a firm believer that there was always a way to improve even in victory. He had to admit that it was easier to find faults in losses than in victories. That didn’t mean there weren’t mistakes to be found.

“Found it,” he muttered to himself when he a part of the match where he noticed his footwork was sloppy and he had dropped his guard. He needed to write down the point in the match and make a note about it so he turned to grab a notepad and pen out of his bed when he noticed her.

It was only them two so far, so it’d be weird if he didn’t speak, right?

“Hey, uhh. I’m Kenny.”

Ahlivia had quickly delved into her film editing in a matter of seconds. A few weeks ago she’d attended a film camp where she recorded different scenic moments. Over the top she laid audios of people either reciting poetry or inspirational notes. She was almost done with the rough edit when Kenny finally noticed her and spoke. It was visibly difficult to turn her head away from her laptop screen, but she’d managed it. “Oh, I’m Ahlivia. I’m sorry - no one’s sitting here right? I mean, was sitting here?”

He rose a brow noticing her struggle to pull away from her screen and chuckled. He was guilty of the same. Kendrick would always admire those who were dedicated to their craft like he was. That was his assumption at least, basing off the way she was hyper focused, “Nah, you’re good g.”

He finally moved into his bag and grabbed his notepad, “So. What’re you working on over there?”

The moment he reassured her things were okay, she gave him a smile and started to turn away. Only, he wasn’t done talking so she stopped and turned to him again. He’d asked what she was working on and for a moment she just blinked at him. “Oh!” She said, turning her laptop to show him the editing software she was using. “It’s just a small project. I directed something over the summer and now I’m just working on editing it.”

She had turned away from him, but turned back and he smiled. She showed him what she was working on and after her explanation, he offered a nod., “Oh that’s what’s up. Um.. I’ll let you get back to it then..”

Liv bit her lip after he offered her a nod, deciding to let her get back to business. She felt bad that he was trying to spark up conversation and she hadn’t been paying attention. “Um, what was that you were watching earlier?” She asked, turning her laptop back towards her. “You looked pretty invested.”

He had turned his attention back to his video by the time she had spoken up, but he hadn’t pushed play yet so he was able to hear her. He diverted attention back to her and smiled, “It’s one of my old boxing matches. I was hoping to learn something new and improve somewhere. Nerdy, I know..”

Liv peeked over to try and look at his phone before looking up at him and smiling. “Nerdy? Pfft, more like smart! You’re improving your craft - which is beneficial in its own right. Do you ever, like, put them together? Like, your highlights or your… Low… Lights. I don’t know what you would call it.”

Kenny ran his hands over his face as he thought about what she said and shook his head, “Nah, I feel like that would hurt my feelings too much.” There was a hearty chuckle he let out, the first he had done with a stranger in a while, “ Lowlights sounds fine though, but I think maybe breaking down my ‘low-lights’ and recording it would be beneficial. Especially when I’m training my students.”

Hearing Kenny laugh made Ahlivia smile for some reason, looking down out of a nervous habit. When she looked back up he started to explain why he thought her idea would be good. She nodded her head in understanding before snapping her fingers. “See? There you go. Teach those poor kids what not to do and voila - best teacher ever.”

There were a few blinks after she snapped, but he smiled anyways. She was easy to talk. Her spirit was gentle, and it was easy to open up to her even though it wasn’t something he usually did, especially to strangers, “ They think I’m the best teacher until I make them run laps again.. Hey uh, maybe you can help me make a video then?”

“They’ll thank you for it later, for sure,” she said, listening as people started piling into the classroom. She then started to turn back to her own desk when he asked if she would help him make a video. “Oh, um. Sure? I mean, it’s not like I’m not use to doing them, so why not?” She paused, taking out her phone and handing it to him. “We can set something up later?”

. “Dope,” he said as he took her phone, typing in his number and saving the contact, before calling himself. He hung up when he noticed his phone was vibrating, before hanging up and nodding, “Yeah, I’m at the gym monday through friday from 4 to 9 but i’m pretty much free other than that. “

Ahlivia took her phone back, staring down at the new contact she had received. It wasn’t that she had a hard time getting numbers or befriending people - but when it came so easily, she couldn’t help but wonder how. She nodded her head once he had given her his schedule trying to think of when they would be able to link up. “Oh, cool. I don’t do much anyway, so-,” the moment their professor stepped into the room she stopped talking. “We’ll figure it out,” she whispered, turning in her seat.

coded by reveriee.

@If.U.Seek.Amy

Inimitable

Amy

mood

Eh....

outfit

After party

interactions

Mentions

Moses, Liv

-->

-->

-->

Game day...it shouldn't be this nerve wreaking. At least not for her. She wasn't the one on the field after all. She was just a guest star so to speak. Playing the role of the ever supportive girlfriend. Well that sounded bad, it sounded like that wasn't who she was, but while surrounded by people in a VIP section it for some reason brought her comfort to think of it that way.

She was starting to wonder if she would be comfortable at any level of fame. Perhaps that's why she finally succumbed to her families wishes and came to school to purse IT and technology as a back up plan instead of continuing down and promoting her singing career. Maybe deep down she knew she'd never get used to the lime light and would need an escape. Though making the connections she did like dating a celebrity in his own right didn't help.

God she'd give anything to have Liv next to her right now.

Standing here trying to seem like she fit in was weird. She kinda wished other girlfriends and what not where here too. Not that she typically talked to them, just it'd be nice if they were here as sort of like a buffer. So she wouldn't have to avoid networking so hard. People had questions, very fair normal questions, she just wasn't in the mood to answer. Luckily she could just stick close to his parents...well kind lucky that meant she had to talk to them. It was very rare she did this without Remi being present since they started officially dating.

She did her best to stay focused on the game. It was easy to keep her eyes on #12 it was harder to remember how the heck this sport was played and what everything meant. She was not a sporty girl, she prefer more indoor activities. How she wound up dating two jocks she'll never know. How she dated a stoner at one point was also a mystery tho so none of her dating life has ever made sense.

She watched the game and cheered when those around her cheered and boo'd when they boo'd. It was a pretty good strategy honestly.

Her hands were clasped tight was the final moment of the game were playing out. She knew this would mean so much to him if they won tonight and she fully expected them to be able to pull through! What she didn't expect was the loud boom and crackle sound that echo'd through the arena. It startled her as her instinctively looked towards the sound.

At first her face was in awe because fireworks are pretty no one can deny that, but in that next split second her face twisted because...WHY were fireworks going off in the last second of the...

She quickly turned her head back to the game to try and figure out what happened since she turned her head. She looked to see Moses who she thought the ball was supposed to go to, but he was empty handed, and her eyes looked towards the scoreboard with dread...It was going to be a long night.

Now here she was at an after party that should've been a victory party trying to comfort a dazed boyfriend and distract him from whatever that fiasco was. She put on her warmest smile and walked up beside him taking his free hand in hers, "Hey honey, wanna dance?" She chimed sweetly tugging his arm gently to be placed around her waist.

♡coded by uxie♡
-->

Nanook Ochoa
d50a322baf6261ca21c072b2f432094d.jpg
Nanook had come a long way since the first article he'd submitted his freshman year at his college in Vermont. Four years later, he wouldn't have imagined he'd be reporting live on the home game of one of the biggest schools in the country. Unfortunately, the game ended in the DuBois Wolves' loss, but that didn't negate his accomplishments.

Did he mention he also headed the school paper?

"Paper" was a loose term. Everything these days was digital, including the newsletter. While Nanook missed the feel, smell, and aesthetic of a good newspaper, he supposed it did at least help the planet. He was sure his environmental scientist sister appreciated it.

Filming had long ceased and bleachers sat cold and empty aside from where he sat alone on the first row. His hair that had been previously fashioned into a low ponytail was now tied up into a high bun as he glanced between the broadcast recording, his notebook, and his phone, jotting down highlights and researching players' names. He would need these notes for his next article.

Aside from his disinterest in the All-American sport of football, reporting on it was an easy task for him. He was a journalist and reporter, not a commentator, so sports games were pretty straightforward. After fifteen minutes, he finished his notes and wiggled his fingers before packing up to leave.

After watching all those guys tackle each other, he could really use a wind down…

And what place was more appropriate than the post-game party? After changing and combing his hair down again, Nanook found himself at the party scene - what seemed to be the biggest one of the night. But, he wasn't necessarily here for the party itself. He could do without the blaring music, but he liked the positive energy that usually loomed in these spaces. There was also the strong likelihood of free food, drugs, and alcohol. What more could anyone want?

However, Nanook was only betting on getting two out of three. Although skeptical, he wandered into the kitchen to browse the alcohol selection anyway. He wasn't very picky, but his palette had grown partial to wine and that was certainly too classy for a college– Oh, wait. To his surprise and glee, he came across a couple of cases of wine coolers. That would do. He picked up a bottle and tossed it from one hand to another. And yes - it was cold.

Walking back through the house, he found the corner of a sofa to claim and used the edge of the coffee table to pop the lid of his bottle. He then settled back, took a sip of the apple-flavored cooler, and pulled a small blunt from his pocket. Nanook wasn't much of a smoker except socially, and while he wasn't talking to anyone at this moment, parties were the perfect place to be inconspicuous. He could already feel his shoulders slacken and his fingers loosen.

This moment was splendid.
Interactions: N/A

Users who are viewing this thread

Back