• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Illustrious Estate of Lord Solberg v3 - In Character

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Alannah was nosy. She had an unhealthy habit of not only sticking her foot into another person’s business, but her entire leg. This was not simply because she enjoyed being a nuisance, but because she felt as if everyone else’s responsibilities were hers as well. She had to make sure she knew every bit about the Lunatonne’s supposed request for peace, that way if Julius misses a crucial detail, she could help.

Alannah stood up from her spot after hearing that the two would relocate to a private room - most likely their father’s - to talk.

“Mind that wandering ear of yours, Alannah. I want to know nothing less than every detail.”

“Of course,” she replied with a terse nod, before scurrying off around the corner of the house. She would have to hurry if she wanted to catch the entire conversation. Very briefly, Alannah glanced over her shoulder and caught a glimpse of her sister approaching the Lunatonne’s carriage. She was curious as to what Cecilia was going to do, but kept going forward until she reached another window.

She pressed her fingers against the ledge of it and cracked the window open about half an inch before kneeling down to the grass. A few seconds later, she could hear the sound of the wooden doors creaking open and the footsteps of Julius and the guest entering the room. She waited patiently and listened.

“Now, you say you are here to make peace? Alright. Now, why are you actually here.”

‘He sounds so different.’ Alannah thought to herself, ‘I almost can’t recognize his voice.’

Bianca could tell from the way he was acting that the Solberg man didn't enjoy her presence at all, and if she was being honest the feeling was mutual. She followed close behind him, staring at the paintings and simple decorations as she walked down the hallway. Bianca stepped into the parlor, her eyes darting around the room in an attempt to take in everything at once. She noticed the various headlines praising the Solberg Curatives hung all around the walls of the room, something she realized was the same in her household, but with her family's company plastered instead.

She made her way to one of the sofas, seating herself onto the cushion and waiting as the lord placed the glass in front of her. Bianca lifted the glass up to her lips, taking a tiny sip of the bourbon and instantly despised the alcohol. It was too sweet. So much so, that she had to resist the urge to gag at just the smell of it. She quickly placed the glass onto the table and attempted to turn her attention away from the vile liquid.

Bianca composed herself, taking a moment to assess the Solberg sat in front of her. "I meant what I said before. I am here to make peace on the grounds that you are the new lord of the estate." She calmly stated, her face returning to its usual neutral state. "Tell me, Lord Solberg, why all the hostility towards me? I understand you dispising my father due to his previous actions against your parents' company. But, what makes you think all the Lunatonnes are like that?"

She turned her gaze to a picture on the wall, showcasing the man's parents in front of their estate. Her brow quirked in curiosity as she stood and sauntered over to the picture. "We are a new generation of Solberg and Lunatonne. What purpose would it make for us to keep this feud amongst ourselves when we have never even had anything to go off of one another except for the spiteful rumors our parents had told us."

Bianca gave her full attention to Julius once more, revealing a document she had kept within the small handbag she carried on her wrist. "I believe it would be more beneficial for both of us if we merge our companies, we could double our income." Bianca walked back to the table, laying the document onto the mahogany wood.

"Now, Lord Solberg, you could either accept and work together with me to enhance our position as heirs to our families. Or, you could continue to cower behind the shadow of your parents and reject my offer," Her eyes focused on him, awaiting his next move. "Unlike my father, I intend to not back down from my promises and you have my word that everything between us will be shared accordingly. So, what will it be?"

Midnight Paragon Midnight Paragon

[IMG='width:200px;']https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ae/31/77/ae317713b522384af2e9daf668c045f4.png[/IMG] Jasmine Asta - Housecook
After hearing Damien's decline, Jasmine's expression quickly turned a bit sad, "Don't be silly Mister Damien! I made this small meal just for you, do not feel as if you're not worthy of a filling meal." Insisting that he should take the offer, "Unless.." Pulling the plate back ever so slight, "You believe my cooking is distasteful.." Her eyes almost getting glassy as she said those last few words, glancing over at Klorian with the same glossed over puppy eyes, "Do you think my cooking is awful as well?" Her expression seeming to almost be holding back tears at this point, still holding both the plates but with slightly shaky hands.

L LadyLuckTakeTheWheel The Hero The Hero

"No." Said Julius, fiercely and determined, no pause whatsoever in his delivery. "And you would do well to remember whose home you are in and who you speak to. I am no servant of yours, and I will not tolerate any disrespect towards me or my family." He said to her, his demeanor calm but his words full of venom. "But you are right; we are indeed newer souls on old faces. But the scars of the past do not heal so easily, and our family is not so quick to forget your own transgressions. In the past year alone, I've heard tell of no less than four separate instances where one of your people broke into our warehouses. What they were looking for, they would not say, and we released them shortly after, hoping each time that you would simply give up." He recounted to the young lady. He had stood up at this point and moved over to one of the windows to look out of it.

"Our income is just fine; we have no need to double things, not that absorbing Lunar Exports would even come close to doubling it. No, it sounds to me like you're coming close to bankruptcy, and so you extend a hand to your rivals, hoping that they take pity on you. I am not my father; I have no qualms in watching your family fade away into the background." He continued on, taking another sip of the foul substance; at least it did give himthe strength to continue acting like this. "But that's too believable, too predictable. Your father is a sly one, of that I have no doubt. And if I had to guess...he sent you here on the pretense that I would believe just that." He moved away from the window and stood at her side by the sofa, looking down upon her with a cold stare. "I know you dont want peace; I can see it in that forced smile you give. My guess is that you despise us just as much as the rest of your family...without any real reason. But I dont know what you're really after. All I know is that you're lying. So I'll cut you a deal, one new face to another; tell the truth as to why you're here, and I'll consider signing your paper. And to be clear, this is your last chance to not lie to me. If you truly want peace between us...then you will do the right thing." He said quietly, moving around her to wall directly behind the sofa, where a newspaper clipping hang on a display, the headline 'Viral Toxin Cured; Solbergs Assistance!' in bold lettering. Julius was always curious about this one as he absentmindedly scanned the yellowed page. Father never did quite explain what that toxin was...

Mentions: Tiramiisu Tiramiisu

A measure of caution was necessary when it came to espionage. In truth, Cecilia could think of many people who were better suited for something like this, but none of them were available at the moment. Her boots clacked on the pavement as she circled the carriage. It seemed normal enough, but with magic users, it was hard to tell. "Best not do this unprepared," she decided placing one of her palms against the other. Both began to glow with blue light that traversed up her arms and over the rest of her body before dissipating. The spell was enough to nullify the affect of most others. "Now, I'll see just what you're up to, Bianca" she declared with a smirk. She pulled open the carriage door and peered inside.

Genevieve

~ ~ ~

The little girl rubbed the ponys neck once they stopped in the middle of the pen. She stared at Orion's long mane as it swayed in the wind. Genevieve had started to freeze, and since her pony had behaved remarkably well, she decided to end the training on a good note. Besides, she wouldn't want to miss out on seeing who came with the unfamiliar carriage. The girl gently pressed her heel against the ponys side, smacking her lips a little and she felt the pony starting to walk. They made their way to the stable in a slow pace, and Genevieve gave Orion some more rein so he could stretch his neck. As they got to the front of the stables, the girls attention was grabbed by Cecilia, who was looking into the carriage. With a suspecting frown, she stopped the pony.
- As far as I am aware, it is disrespectful to look into other peoples carriages without them being present. She said, sliding carefully down from the saddle. The girl rubbed the ponys neck again, before letting the stablehand take Orion with him, in order to take off the saddle and let him out to the pasture again.
- Why exactly are you snooping around? She crossed her arms. What was so intriguing about this particular carriage? Sure, it appeared seemingly out of nowhere, without any warning, but besides that it was just a regular one - and instead of looking into the carriage, why didn't Cecilia just go see who came with it?

~ ~ ~

Benthelame Benthelame

Klarion eyes jasmine carefully, “Considering the fact you jinx my food, what do you think my answer will be?” His red eyes burned into her, “I’ll give you a hint, it contains obscene language.” He looked to Damien, “Come now, why would I take offence in you eating? Besides, I’m beginning to question if I am a lord.” His smiled tightly. He took a sandwich and stuffed it into his mouth.

Never trust a woman's tears is something Damien had heard in his travels before becoming a gardener. It was a common saying from drunken men in shabby taverns. So when he saw the distress in face, he was hesitant to act. But, his only excuse was ruined by the man next to him. "I would say most food other than the bland is wasted on me on the account that I can't appreciate taste. I'm confident that you're culinary skills are top par; so if to appease you, I'll take a sandwich." Grabbing a sandwich from atop of the shaking platter, he forced it down his mouth. "Thank you, it's quite good. And, don't worry Sir Klarion, lordship isn't something one loses from a lack of character. It's in your blood."

[IMG='width:250px;']https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ae/31/77/ae317713b522384af2e9daf668c045f4.png[/IMG] Jasmine Asta - Housecook
Although their responses and reactions weren't quite what she was going for, she was at least happy that they took the meals. "Jinx you meal?" Looking about the same amount of shocked as she was this morning, "I would never do such a thing, Sir Klarion." Jasmine gave them both a cheeky little smile, "Well nonetheless, I'm happy that you both ate something at least. No food is ever wasted if it can help keep you healthy Mister Damien, I charmed both sandwiches although I'm not quite sure who got which." Seeming to be thinking back to the feelings she used early, "But do not fret, you'll either feel energize, happy, understanding, or patience. I was actually on my way to deliver these to the new guest, do you know where they are and if it's possible to do so?" Cocking her head slightly to the left, "If not, I'm sure Genevieve would love to have some treats for afternoon tea."
L LadyLuckTakeTheWheel The Hero The Hero

Mentioned Jinx of Chaos Jinx of Chaos

"I'll be hanged before I ask permission from a Lunatonne," Cecilia said. She turned to face Genevieve, " That's just who this carriage belongs to believe it or not. Bianca Lunatonne. She's inside discussing things with Julius." There was a brief pause as she noticed Orion. The majestic steed could serve as an escape from the awkward silence Genevieve tended to inspire. "How's his training coming along?" She asked sheepishly.

Genevieve

~ ~ ~

Her frown deepened as she heard that it was a Lunatonne's carriage. Although Genevieve was young, she knew of the Lunatonne's and the feud between the families - but she never quite understood what had caused it, and she didnt ask. Her sister's answer left her silent, especially after she mentioned Julius talking to this Bianca - no doubt about something Genevieve had little to no understanding of. Right now, however, her sister was clearly trying to distract her. And so, the little girl decided to play along and answer about her pony.
- He is doing fine, just a little out of shape since I have been going easy on him. She said, a thoughtful expression on her face as if she was distracted to think about the pony, but in truth she was secretly admiring the Lunatonne's bravery - after all, it was like walking into a lion's den, except instead of lions, there was the Solberg's. Genevieve then realized that she did not really want to be involved in whatever Cecilia was doing, and risk getting herself or her family in trouble. So she decided to take a swift leave.
- Have fun ransacking the Lunatonne's carriage. She mumbled and headed for the mansion - if she was lucky, she would run into this Bianca. To Genevieve, a Lunatonne was like a mythical creature, and it would be a shame to miss out on seeing one in flesh and bones instead of a picture.

~ ~ ~

Benthelame Benthelame

Klarion smiled sincerely at Damien, “Blood can be spilled though, every last drop. But thanks anyway.” He turned to Jasmine, “I actually intended to look for my sisters. Since Julius is,” he growled, “occupied with our guest, I believe they wish to be left alone.” He walked towards the back door, steel heels clacking, “come now, I assume my sisters are hungry.” He opened the doors, “you too, Damien.” He looked over his shoulder, “You’d best find new flowers and show me thise arrangements.” The spite had left his voice. In moments like these, Klarion let go of his hatred and selfishness. They were rare and ended quickly.

"Should've known that wouldn't work for long," Cecilia thought aloud. A single word lingered in her mind as a result of their little exchange: ransacking. Now there was an idea. Still, when dealing with a member of the Lunatonne Family, it was best to use something a little more cunning than that. She shut the door of the carriage before approaching the horse that pulled it. With a reassuring pat she extended her palm and crafted a star right before the creature's eyes. This one was fickle. Once released, it would move about the heavens and bewitched by its beauty, the horse would follow. If things worked as intended, Bianca would be hopelessly lost for hours before getting home. "Stay in place for now,"she instructed her creation, " The fun doesn't start until Bianca Lunatonne gets back in, understand?" The star glittered and just a few moments more passed before it darted up into the sky. She patted the horse once again, "A more worthy master for you. Serve it well." It took every ounce of composure she had to keep from laughing.
Mentioned: Tiramiisu Tiramiisu

Last edited:
Feeling slightly energized, Damien's usually half-lidded eyes widened by a fraction. "Spilling every last drop, sir?" Damien humored, strolling beside the older male. His worn, black leather boots dampened the noise of his steps unlike the steel scrape of Klarion's. "If only that was possible, chef's have tried, but blood is a persistent devil. It follows and adheres, so you can't escape even with your luck," Damien smirked, patting his employer on the back. "So don't worry your noble head, you'll be fine. I will leave you to assist Miss Jasmine to distribute her quaint dishes to the esteemed family. I have flowers to clip if you will excuse me." Giving a deep bow, the gardener stood back up and went towards the floral bed.

Bianca was able to compose herself after the shock of rejection. She had usually been able to have the upper hand during business negotiations, but now it seems the roles had been reversed. Oh, how she despised that. She listened to the man, choosing to lift the glass she had discarded earlier. With the way things were going she could really use a drink, no matter how awful the aftertaste was.

She took a sip of bourbon, grimacing at the taste. The mention of her company going bankrupt caught her attention and she let out a quick snort. Bankruptcy? If that were truly the reason her father had sent her here, then she would have been briefed of the issue beforehand. Unless he was hiding important information from her. This wasn't the first time Bianca had been lied to and it irritated her conscious thinking that she had been deceived again.

"You aren't wrong. I do despise your family, although, for completely different reasons than my father. I would prefer if you saw the full picture before making assumptions," Her voice was calm as she spoke, swirling the alcohol in her glass. "The truth is, I could care less for what my father planned to do with your company. I won't lie, making peace with you and pretending we're friends sounds horrid. But, coming to an agreement? I can handle."

Bianca placed the glass on the table and picked up the document, briefly glancing over her family's seal stamped onto the sheet. "As you know, my father runs our company in a rather... informal manner. He's caused most of our customers to have a distrust in him and in turn soiled any chances I have at ever bringing our exports back to its former glory. Because of his incompetence, the Lunatonne name is seen as deceitful and corrupted. I'm sure you of all people could agree on that." She stated, before walking to stand next to Julius.

"What I truly want is to run the business how I see fit. I no longer want to work as an assistant to my father. The only way I could be able to achieve this goal is if I had some outside aid; this is where you come in. I have no intentions of seeing you as an enemy. Having another thorn in my side when I take control would be troublesome. Though, that does not mean I have to tolerate your presence. It's only a matter of time before my father starts driving away his most important contractors and God forbid, I be whisked away into some lackluster marriage to a nobleman, lose my family name and status to become some housewife like my mother." Bianca's tone turned harsh as the thought of losing her chances at continuing her family's business crossed her mind. She held the document towards Julius once more, her gaze studying him carefully. "Forget about the ideas my father had planned; this is now a personal deal with me. Help me gain control of Lunar Exports and you won't have to deal with another Lunatonne meddling with Solberg property."

Midnight Paragon Midnight Paragon

Julius tore his gaze from the paper and looked to the azure clad woman with a cold stare. Then, without missing a beat, he laughed in his usual, chipper manner, right in her face. "Oh ho, listen to you! You sound just like Darling when he tries to convince me to do something obscene for him! And what a scary look! You do indeed have some Lunar air about you, hahaha!" He said, his mood completely shifting from the serious tone he held just a second before. Grabbing the parchment from her hand, he took a look at the seal and shrugged, placing inside his coat pocket. "I'll take a look at the thing later, because...well, theres some technical mumbo jumbo I ought to chew over with my brother first. So, until then, you're our guest! I'll have the staff make up a room for you and you'll be free to explore the manor as you wish; within reason and accompanied by myself or others, of course." He told her, walking to the window, opening it up, and splashing whatever remnant of the bourbon was inside out to the grass below. "Nasty stuff..." he muttered, moving over to the doorway.

"If you're serious about this peace thing, and I sincerely hope you are despite your reasons, then you'll stick around a while longer. I know it's not the gloomy, out of the way manor of the Lunatonnes, but we Solbergs have perhaps one of the, if not the best kept, manors around London. I wouldnt restrict you to one room the whole stay." He said, opening up the parlor doors. "Afternoon teatime should be starting soon. Why dont you join us? You can use this opportunity to give a good impression to my siblings, and trust me; you're going to want to stay on their good sides. Ho ho, I can just imagine the foolery Darling will try to have with you. Oh, the poor fool..." he mused with a laugh before stepping out into the hallway and calling out in a loud voice. "JASMINE? IS IT TEATIME YET? IM ABSOLUTELY PARCHED DOWN HERE!" He called out, his energetic tone reverberating around the manor.

Mentions: Tiramiisu Tiramiisu rivers and oceans rivers and oceans

Genevieve

~ ~ ~

The little girl had walked in through the front doors, and headed for her room. Thankfully a bath was not needed since she didn't hug and wipe her face against the pony today, but it wouldn't hurt to make sure she looked presentable - in case she would encounter their guest. Besides, she had always been told that it was important to look good and behave well when accompanied by others than family. Genevieve browsed through her dresses, each a different shade of red. Because the day had been a rollercoaster of emotions, it was hard to figure what she felt like wearing, and so the girl decided to just brush her hair first. A little vanity table was placed nearby the window, with different kind of bows and a hairbrush on top of it. Seating herself in front of the table, she grabbed the hairbrush and started to brush her hair while looking at herself through the mirror. How come she looked so bored? After trying to make various facial expressions, she shook her head and groaned. It didn't look much better, no matter what she did, so she gave up on trying and kept brushing her hair.

After sorting her hair out, she stood up and walked back to the wardrobe, pondering over the dresses. Blood red was one of her favorite shades, and it always had a little sinister flare to it - who didn't like to make people around them a little wary? Besides, it wasn't like everyone cared too much about the symbolism of colors - Genevieve found it interesting, but mostly when it came to the color red. The girl grabbed one of the blood red dresses, this time opting for a dress that reached the floor when she was standing, but still looked appropriately casual. Although she could get away with not wearing a corset, Genevieve preferred to have the kind of dress that still had a belt or something on the waist, it was just simply more beautiful in her opinion. Some assistance was required with the dress, and thankfully it was easy to get a maid to help out with it.

As Genevieve was about to step out of the room, she remembered something; her talisman. As she put it around her wrist, she made her way out of the room, suspecting that it would soon be time for tea - and she would never miss teatime!

~ ~ ~

Klarion shoved his hands in his pockets, strolling about the garden. He was searching for his sister as he seemed to be the only one who could really find her, “Cecilia!” He yelled, merrily. The crimson haired boy groaned, “that girl...” As he wandered around the grounds, he thought about everything. His parents, Bianca, his brother. He gulped. His brothers idiotic plan. He tried to distract himself by summoning flames and letting them coil around his fingers but the thoughts crept back into his mind. He used to love his big brothers antics. His ridiculous potions. His failed experiments. His clumsiness. Everything. Klarion couldn’t remember the moment he started hating it. Hating him. He couldn’t remember the day Julius started calling him Darling to spite him, rather then a light hearted nickname. He couldn’t remember the day he started shoving past him in the hall. He couldn’t remember. Hot tears ran down his face. Where did it all go wrong? When did he start relying on others’ suffering to be happy? When did he start stealing? He stopped, wiping the tears from his face. He didn’t know. Klarion ran a hand through his hair. It was too late now. He’d gone too far. The villagers called him a snake and stayed away.His Younger siblings couldn’t bring themselves to trust him. His own brother, he stifled a sob, couldn’t even look at him without sneering. Noone took him seriously. People flinched when he moved too fast. That was who he was. The snake. The problem child. Not eccentric or smart or adventurous or quiet. A snake. He looked behind him. All the leaves within arms reach of him had been burnt. He turned and continued looking for his sister, not looking back.

Benthelame Benthelame Midnight Paragon Midnight Paragon

[IMG='width:250px;']https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ae/31/77/ae317713b522384af2e9daf668c045f4.png[/IMG] Jasmine Asta - Housecook
As the two both left to continue to do their own thing, hopefully feeling a bit better with a quick bite to each, Jasmine continued down the hall with her cart full of tea and treats for whoever may want afternoon tea. I wasn't long before she jumped upon hearing Julius' booming voice echoing her name, calling for tea almost on queue. She couldn't help but feel extremely excited as she pushed her cart to the sound of where his voice came from, "Tea time will be held in the garden today Sir. Julius, do come quick before Genevieve claims it all!" Jasmine spoke a bit louder to project her voice once arriving in the same corridor, her voice full of energy and a lovely smile carved into her expression.

Jasmine was sure Genevieve would love to join for afternoon tea, it was a wonderful to just relax a bit and regroup. Wanting to make sure she knows where to go, the young housecook quickly informed a passing housemaid to let Genevieve know that afternoon tea would be held in the gardens, right under the gazebo. She walked with a little skip as she made her way down to the garden, "Oh I'm sure the flower beds will look lovely this time of year." Jasmine didn't know much about flowers or flora, but everytime she found herself in the garden, it was always radiating with color and life. However, once she arrived at the garden, she couldn't help but notice the trail of chard leaves on the ground. Huh.. I wonder what happened there..

Midnight Paragon Midnight Paragon Jinx of Chaos Jinx of Chaos
mentioned : L LadyLuckTakeTheWheel

Cecilia had been wandering about the estate. There was little point in waiting around for her plan to unfold. Being cunning had never been beyond her abilities, but it was so much more fun to be rash--to charge towards danger in whatever form it chose. Her ear caught the sound of Klarion's voice and she paused. It was easy to spot her brother. For as long as she could remember he'd been stalked by anger and the scent of flame. It was whenever she paused and searched for these in the air and anywhere else, that she could find him. "Looking for a rematch this soon?!" she called. A swift approach provided a clearer view of his face. Had he been...? No. Neither of them ever did that and anyone who believed otherwise was nothing short of foolish.

With a small sigh, Alannah smoothed down her golden dress. Perhaps she underestimated her brother’s capabilites. He was a lot different than she imagined, but -then again - Alannah could not remember the last time she had a decent conversation with Julius that didn’t consist of her nagging him. Come to think of it, she couldn’t remember the last time she had a decent conversation with any of her siblings. Even when she spoke to Cecilia just an hour ago, she ended up just ranting about Julius’s plan.

Her face flushed slightly red at her own thoughts, ashamed.

I’m such a terrible sister. I need to be more supportive. Maybe I should try and actually talk to everyone more...

She wandered towards the gazebo, where she remembered hearing tea time would be held. Alannah’s eyes fell on the singed leaves in her garden. Her mouth twisted into a scowl. “Klarion—...!” She stomped towards the direction of the burnt leaves. “I swear to God, if this was intentional-!” She was too irritated to finish her own thoughts.

She spotted Klarion in the distance. “Hey!” She huffed and placed her hand on her arm, trying to get his attention. Before her accusation could leave her mouth, her eyes spotted the tears on his face. She remembered the mental conversation she had with herself earlier. “Are you okay?”

She saw Cecilia was there too. Did something happen between them?

L LadyLuckTakeTheWheel Benthelame Benthelame

The second eldest jumped, startled at the sound of their voices. He cursed himself. He was never scared, he could always hear them coming why not now? Klarion’s head whipped between his sisters. His pale fingers wiped the tears from his cheeks. “Of course I am!” He chimed to Alannah, “you just-“ he desperately searched for an exuse that was usually on the tip of his tongue, “-caught me when the light blinded me.” He clicked his fingers and sent an explosion towards Cecilia, “I appear to have caught you off guard too dear sister!” His smile was tight, which was reserved for his conversations with Julius. It was very unlike him to smile this way when brawling with his little sister. He felt for his nose-ring. Still there. He sighed in relief.

Benthelame Benthelame User User

Cecilia leapt backwards but it was no use, the explosion sent her flying until she collided with the nearest wall. She was protected from incineration only by the remnants of the spell she'd cast earlier, but it was a small comfort. The attack certainly didn't hurt any less. She scrambled to her feet. "Steer clear Alannah," she warned with a somewhat crazed smile, "Things are about to get ugly." Her smile widened as a star formed in both palms. In seconds it shifted from An eerie white to a scorching shade of blue. "Let's see how you fare against this!" She cried as it darted forth at an alarming speed.

Klarion somersaulted to the side, the star crashing into a tree, “for the last time little sister, you will never hit me.” The solberg boy stretched his arm to the side and fire shot out of his palm. It coiled and thrashed, morphing into a whip, “I’ve been practicing you know,” His usual smirk returned, “Poor little Cecile, always running to catch up with me.” He cracked the whip and sent it lashing towards her, roaring with crimson flames and leaving a trail of smoke as it went. Klarion didn’t hold back went it came to his sister, she never did so he never gave her the curtesy of mercy. Some said he would kill her one day but he knew his little sister would always swing back.

Alannah didn't know what she expected. Klarion wouldn't tell her the truth. She didn't blame him, either. But she couldn't just ignore seeing the dried tears on his cheek. Her head snapped upwards, hearing Cecilia collide with the stone wall. A few years ago, she would have ran towards the other's sides, worried if they would be able to stand up or not. But, now, she just stood there.

"Steer clear, Alannah. Things are about to get ugly!"

Alannah's jaw clenched. Clearly these two didn't realize where they were fighting.

Her eyes darted over to Cecilia's star, which impaled a large oak tree, then to the flames that singed the surrounding area. They were ruining the place. Her finger's twitched. A gust of wind slammed itself against both Klarion and Cecilia, separating them to opposite sides about twelve feet apart.

"Both of you," Her voice, though leveled, sounded like she was on the verge of strangleing the two. "If you are going to fight - one - do not do it in my garden, and - two - don't do it now. We have a guest that will be joining us for tea."

Benthelame Benthelame L LadyLuckTakeTheWheel

Users who are viewing this thread

Back