• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Illustrious Estate of Lord Solberg [REBOOT]

Midnight Paragon

Savior of Dusk
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
The year is 1839, and the Solberg Estate, a very large mansion with plenty of land to boot, sits daintily on the outskirts of London. It's a very ornate place, but the family that resides in it is one shrouded in mystery. The Solbergs have been around for decades, but no one is quite sure just how they amassed such a fortune that keeps them in the realm of nobility. Hardly anyone is ever seen leaving the estate, and no one has ever been let inside...save for the midseason balls that are held there.

You see, the Solbergs are no ordinary noble family. Unbeknownst to the public, they are, in truth, magicians. Their immense fortune comes from their potions and elixirs, family recipes that they sell en masse to the magical public. However, the Lord and Lady Solberg have not been seen for quite some time, and because of this, their eldest son, Julius, has taken up the mantle of Lord Solberg in their place. Julius is a brilliant potion maker, but perhaps isn't the most noble of nobles. Now, with the midseason ball arriving shortly, he and the rest of his family must prepare for the celebration to come.

But as they soon will learn, they might come upon more than they bargained for...

-----------
So, you might be wondering just what the heck this RP is supposed to be. Well, to put it simply, it is a fantasy styled magic RP that revolves around the Solberg family. Julius, the eldest, has recently come into power as Lord of the Estate in his parents absence, as well as the head of the family company, Solberg Curatives. He is a brilliant magician and potion maker, as stated previously, but his nobility is likely to be questioned. Enter the Solberg siblings- Julius' brothers and sisters. They will play a large part in the story to come, and they will be played by none other than you folks!

There are a total of four sibling positions, and these MUST be filled before the RP can begin. I will list the positions here and fill them in as we go.

Sibling #1: Maria Celeste Solberg
Sibling #2: Eva Collier Solberg
Sibling #3: Soliel Anthea Solberg
Sibling #4: Ellismore Solberg

Keep in mind that even if you're applying for the position of, say, Sibling #2, that doesn't mean they have to be a certain age or gender. It's just the order in which I place them. If you want to apply for a Sibling role, just put 'Sibling' in the Role category of the CS. If there is an influx of Sibling submissions, I may even consider expanding the sibling list to add a few on. Remember that there are plenty of other roles you can think up too, such as Head Butler or Maid, Cook, Gardener, or even just another Noble who is a friend of the Solbergs. You could even make a character in the rival family, the Lunatonnes!

Also remember that this is a world full of magic. Not every character needs to have magical properties, save for the Siblings, but if you do decide to have some remember to make it not so overpowering that you can wipe out a whole continent or something. Magic is channeled via a Talisman, which acts like a sort of wand in this world. A Talisman is an object of some sort that has been imprinted with a persons magical attunement: They cannot cast magic without it. Remember this if you plan on making a magic character.

Finally, about the plot: I already have something in mind, but I would love to hear suggestions from you guys about what you think might be interesting to happen, big or small. So please, if this interests you, let me know with a response of what type of character you'd like to make. The show can't go on without the Siblings being made, but don't think that means you have to make one! Thanks for reading, and I hope to get this up and started real soon!

Characters: Fantasy - TIELS - Characters
OOC: Fantasy - TIELS - OOC [REBOOT]
IC: The Illustrious Estate of Lord Solberg

Last edited:
Interested!

Edit: Alrighty so after some thinking, if this were to happen, I'd take a sibling role (the eldest sister) or be a member of the estate's staff, either maid or gardener.

Last edited:
I'm totally upfront or re-joining!! Maybe the second eldest or youngest sibling? I would make her a sister :3

Anyone wanna discuss character relations?? Also, Midnight Paragon Midnight Paragon Whadda ya light of Ellise?? :3
Ooo, what does Ellise think of Soleil’s sudden retreat from the estate and her return after five years of no letters? And how close should the two be? Like, are there any specific moments/inside jokes or whatever do the two share? I’m open to any ideas ^^

PS
Also, @Midnght Paragon what does Julius think of what I just mentioned above?

monochromegalaxy monochromegalaxy
He'd be devastated at her departure, but he would more than likely welcome her back with open arms. He probably feels that they're close, but whether she feels the same is up to her. Like the rest of the family, she is his younger sibling and he will love her no matter the circumstances.

Ooo, what does Ellise think of Soleil’s sudden retreat from the estate and her return after five years of no letters? And how close should the two be? Like, are there any specific moments/inside jokes or whatever do the two share? I’m open to any ideas ^^

PS
Also, @Midnght Paragon what does Julius think of what I just mentioned above?
Ooooo!! Hm, Ellise would probably feel a little betrayed and lonely at first, she's very close with all her siblings and loves them all deeply, though she'd come to accept there would have had to be a reason for it, she always does try to think the best of people, my question would more so be her reaction when she comes back only to see her sister eight months pregnant XD

Ooooo!! Hm, Ellise would probably feel a little betrayed and lonely at first, she's very close with all her siblings and loves them all deeply, though she'd come to accept there would have had to be a reason for it, she always does try to think the best of people, my question would more so be her reaction when she comes back only to see her sister eight months pregnant XD
Expect Soleil to have her thugs hunt the man down or something as well as the continuous doting XD I mean, she’ll definitely be angry but will be willing to help her when the baby’s born.

Expect Soleil to have her thugs hunt the man down or something as well as the continuous doting XD I mean, she’ll definitely be angry but will be willing to help her when the baby’s born.
Yeah, I plan for her to go into labour pretty quickly once the plot starts, wether it's triggered by stress or by having to use her thorn magic. She's always had a frail body after all plus back in those times childbirth was a common form of death so it's a bit risky. Lool, I can just imagine her doting her and the baby, meanwhile poor Ellise just secretly sulking about looking fat and having hormonal changes all over the place XD

Sorry I'm bored in class right now for some reason our teacher was it it's the last day before break so lets watch Shrek XD so really hyped on making up scenarios :3

Ugh I’d rather watch shrek than worry about kerning right now. It’s my last day
XD ha, so yeah. lool, Ellise bribing her into not sending thugs after the man to murde him, she's honestly nice to everyone unless they hurt her siblings or something she cares for, though as of late her already emotional controlled powers are going haywire with all the hormones from being this late into a pregnancy. Anyway, she thanks the man in the way, after all it's given her the chance to have her own little baby, which she cares for deeply.

XD ha, so yeah. lool, Ellise bribing her into not sending thugs after the man to murde him, she's honestly nice to everyone unless they hurt her siblings or something she cares for, though as of late her already emotional controlled powers are going haywire with all the hormones from being this late into a pregnancy. Anyway, she thanks the man in the way, after all it's given her the chance to have her own little baby, which she cares for deeply.
Honestly, she’d almost give in just because Ellise is asking for her not to. Then again, this is Soleil we’re talking about.

Honestly, she’d almost give in just because Ellise is asking for her not to. Then again, this is Soleil we’re talking about.
XD Ha, lool, I mean how angry would Soleil get if or rather when she finds out Ellise is still using her magic so frequently in the old greenhouse? I mean it's a danger to herself rather severely, let alone when with child. lool, Ellise would mainly just be relying on her sister for compliments because she feels like she looks like a watermelon XD And then burst out crying in her sisters arms saying how much she loves her randomly, and then complain she's hungry.

XD Ha, lool, I mean how angry would Soleil get if or rather when she finds out Ellise is still using her magic so frequently in the old greenhouse? I mean it's a danger to herself rather severely, let alone when with child. lool, Ellise would mainly just be relying on her sister for compliments because she feels like she looks like a watermelon XD And then burst out crying in her sisters arms saying how much she loves her randomly, and then complain she's hungry.
Hoo boy. Poor Soleil. Having to deal with an emotionally haywire and reckless sister, a manhunt, an incoming child, and helping the new head of the household? She should’ve stayed away for another five years haha.

She’ll definitely get mad when she finds out. Soleil would probably try her best not to let her temper get out of hand but she’ll definitely receive a lecture of sorts if it were to happen.

Hoo boy. Poor Soleil. Having to deal with an emotionally haywire and reckless sister, a manhunt, an incoming child, and helping the new head of the household? She should’ve stayed away for another five years haha.

She’ll definitely get mad when she finds out. Soleil would probably try her best not to let her temper get out of hand but she’ll definitely receive a lecture of sorts if it were to happen.
Ha, It'll be a strange thing when the two most caring members of the household have a fight over that, I dunno Ellise likes using her magic- it's makes her feel special and is the only real reminder she has of their parents.

Cosmos Cosmos
Well, she's eighteen and pregnant....so automatically I'm conflicted. She has a good nature and gets along with people, so thats good too...Julius won't have any problems with her, but he will certainly have conflicting feelings about the bastard child she carries.

Cosmos Cosmos
Well, she's eighteen and pregnant....so automatically I'm conflicted. She has a good nature and gets along with people, so thats good too...Julius won't have any problems with her, but he will certainly have conflicting feelings about the bastard child she carries.
Well, 19 and pregnant lool XD ha, yeah, I just have a tendency of playing pregnant characters, it's a long explanation so I'll save you from it and it is always a good easy set ups ro drama. I mean, obviously other feelings on her pregnancy is a big question, at first she two was greatly distressed after finding out not only was she ravished by that suitor but also carrying his child but over the months has learnt to love and accept it, no matter what the rest of her family may think, she refuses to keep this a secret and cast this so called bastard child away and pretend he doesn't exist. She love her eldest brother more than anything, he's always been her greatest idol, but will still stay with her own decisions.

Ha, It'll be a strange thing when the two most caring members of the household have a fight over that, I dunno Ellise likes using her magic- it's makes her feel special and is the only real reminder she has of their parents.
That’s true. Ellise’s life is more important in Soleil’s eyes so her anger towards her sister’s actions would be fueled by that thinking. I’m guessing Ellise would be fed up by Soleil’s overprotectiveness and her habit of being controlling/restricting? She did set curfews, enforced their studies, and threatened a lot of potential suitors back in the day after all... *hint* family drama *hint*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back