• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings The Idea Dump

Bronco

I pull levers
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Greetings all, and welcome to probably the oddest combination of ideas you'll ever see paired together. I guess in a way they all have something in common: action, adventure, venturing into the unknown. Anyways, before we get into said topics below, allow me to drop a dime on what you could expect from me as an rp partner.

Firstly, OOC and IC are both things I think should be considered active throughout an rp. ICs drop off all the time, and if it eventually does that's no biggi, subjects can be changed or rebooted at our leisure. However, I've found that actively brainstorming in OOC can help to lesson the chance of having to use that contingency. Second, I'm not a huge fan of being left to concoct the entirety of a story or setting. Don't get me wrong, world building is my jam (in fact it's probably how I'll contribute most), but I'm only capable those ideas in short bursts. In short, I'd appreciate assistance in developing these plots and settings from their general ideas. Third and last, ghosting isn't a huge deal to me. If you lose interest and bounce so be it, so don't feel obligated to stick around or post according to a schedule. My life's busy, yours is busy, and at the end of the day this is meant to be a hobby.

Alright, that sums it up I think, now on to the reason you're here.

PLOTS

1) Adventure Pulp fiction: Mummies, Ruins, Cults, Oh My....
- This one'll draw off of some of the dearest movies to my heart: Indiana Jones, The Mummy, Atlantis, ect. Basically I'm looking for something set in our universes 1940s or an AU sharing a similar aesthetic. We're talking halftracks blazing across desert sands, ducking through ruins with natives on your tail, and an occasional booby trap here or their, all packed into some form of quest. If you know any mysterious artifacts off the top of your head, feel free to drop a suggestion on what we'd be retrieving below. There's also the possibility of adding a Lovecraftian twist. Maybe our party unlocks some ancient evil in their hunt and now must combat dark forces to secure their prize and save the world.

2) Star Wars: A Something Story
- With the recent plethora of spinoffs from the main material, I've been feeling like crafting my own "star wars story" for some time now. I'm mainly looking for this revolve around a group of neutral characters, not seeking to align themselves with whatever waring powers dominate their era. Instead, they'd be squabbling with some other foe amongst grander conflicts. I do have a specific scenario set in mind, though I'll only express that to those who show interest in this prompt as it's pretty convoluted.

3) Modern Meets Fantasy
- This sucker, this one here, has been taking up a prominent space in my head for a year now. I've developed multiple scenarios in which our world's forces collide with those of a much more whimsical realm, and honestly I'm ready to just throw them at an interested party and see what sticks. Warning, this one's worldbuilding heavy, if you're gonna express interest in this ensure you've got some ideas to bring to the table. I've thought up quite the chunk of lore for factions, but there's still ground to be covered. As for the tone of this, think a less horror oriented SCP foundation. Some organization is established after an event effects our world, after some investigating they catch a break when a portal opens or they find some way to do so. A task force is then sent in and find themselves caught up in the troubles this new world has to offer.

So there they are, in all their mismatched glory. I was originally gonna have these be 1x1 ideas, but quickly realized I'd need a small team of participants for each. Obviously I can't run all these at once, so we'll go with whichever is shown the most interest. ~cHoOsE WiSeLy~ and I hope these prompts strike some of your fancies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back