• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Ice King's "Bride" (private with N30NL4Z3R)

While Eis waited patiently for the Servant to return with the Princess, he wondered how he should proceed with the conversation and how to bring up the King and Queen of the opposing Kingdom without getting on either of the Prince or Princess' bad side and especially without causing harm either one of them given they seemed innocent and rather followed what their parental figures decided was for the best. He could understand the lack of choice they were likely given when they were given an ultimatum on behalf and that clearly would impede one's decision-making and most try to save their hides rather than stay true to themselves; maybe that was another reason why he despised the Royalty of that Kingdom with how they treated their own Son and force him to fake his identity in order to protect themselves, bringing back memories of how his own Parents chose to protect him rather than have him end up in the same fate as theirs ended up being.

Standing and looking out at the outdoors; a place he never ventured beyond of due to his ailment and one that he rather not risk his body for the slightest bit of freedom, he eventually was finally greeted with the opening and closing click of the door and he took note to wait till the other male left before he turned to face the Princess, for this was a conversation purely between the two of them and as such no third-party would hear his voice till he attained what he wanted from the conversation. "Hello, my Lady. I'm sorry that I frightened you for asking to come to my office, but I wish to learn about your reasoning of this visit and the truth on the matter pertaining the ultimatum that I give the King and Queen of your Kingdom, whom honestly are not in my best of opinion for what I've recently heard. Though, please bare in mind that I'm accusing you of any ill will nor am I, in any way, going to put you in any harm no matter what you may speak or say for I merely want the truth."

[Earlier than what I said. Though I don't think it is that good but hopefully it's fine after a long time ^w^]

Ooc:
I think it's pretty good. :)

Ic:
"no there for apologizes your Majesty." Olivia said calmly. Despite the King's reassurance, Olivia still felt very on edge. She had seen other royals pretend to be nice, only to be cruel once they had gotten what they wanted. Even her own parents had done it before. So why would the ice King be any different. But Oliver seemed to trust the male... So maybe there's a chance she could trust his words. Regardless it was pointless of her to try and lie her way out of this, now that he already truth. "I'm the one that should apologize that you have to be part of this mess." She said, as she looked off to the side. She was sorry that Eis had to deal with this nonsense, but there was nothing she could really do about it now.

She sighed softly and looked back to the King. Since Charlie is no longer here, then the King must do serious about this being kept between just the two of them. That made her relax a bit. She didn't know who she could really trust in this castle, other than her brother and Charlie. But she couldn't ask Charlie to keep things secret from Oliver.... and Oliver surely must be anger with her, so she couldn't go to him. "If you truly serious about this conversation being kept between us, then I'll tell you everything. But I only ask for one thing in return," she stated. "That you don't hold any anger toward my twin. He's innocent in this." Oliver had not wanted any part in this either. So she didn't want him being held responsible for any of their parents' faults.

Eis was slightly shocked on how considerate the Princess was towards the Prince, since it had seemed opposite when not behind closed doors and he wondered if Oliver knew that his twin was willing to protect him from any backlash due to this situation. He, of course, would never harm the Prince given they had grown close over the weeks and it wouldn't be much to say that he believed and trusted him slightly more than he has anyone else in his life so far; one could say he was attached to the other Male, despite how childish that sounded. Though, one of these times, he wished he could adjust his facial expressions beyond a mere blank, emotionless wall for that would make it easier to reassure the Princess about the Prince's well-assured safety within this conversation, but he would have to make do with words. "It's nothing to be concerned with on my part, for I merely wish to fix the situation at hand with a proper agreement of going forward. And don't fret about the Prince as I don't nor ever well hold any ill will or violence towards him."

[Sorry if this is short! ;u;]

Olivia couldn't see it, but she wouldn't be surprised if the King was shocked by her consideration towards her twin. Yes, she acted like she disliked him when not behind closed doors. But that was simply because it was how their parents wanted her to act. Unlike Oliver, who wasn't afraid to spoke up against their parents and do what he thinks is right, she didn't hold that kind of bravery. So she just did wanted the King and Queen wanted, because it a easier. Bad as it was, it was true. Regardless shy relaxed fully as Eis confirmed that nothing would happen to Oliver. "Okay, then I'll start from the beginning." She stated. She paused for a moment to gather her thoughts. If she was going to give the truth, then she wanted more sure that she hadn't forgot any important details. She couldn't risk having the King think that she was trying to leave things out intently. "When your threat of war came, Father and Mother were in a panic trying to find a way around it. Oliver and I only had found out about it during dinner that very day. When we were told the only way not to go to war with your kingdom, I was against it. But not for the reasons you may think... You can asked about it later if you wish to. Oliver had offered to come speak with you personally, but Father and Mother refused the idea. They thought for some reason that my twin would just make matters worst." She explained as she took a seat in an empty chair that was in the room. She released a soft sigh, a look of guilt appearing on her face. "Then that's where I made a mistake. I had made a joke about Oliver taking my place, since we looked so much alike. It was merely a joke, nothing more... But Father and Mother... they hear it and took it seriously," Her hands clenched up for a moment. "I didn't think they would've acted such a way, but they did. In the end he was forced to come here as me, even though he greatly disagreed to the idea." She said, looking off to the side. She held great fear in her heart about the thought of her brother thinking she had truly meant to betray him.

She tried not to show that fear as she looked back to the King. "The reason I'm here now, is because of my brother's letter. He had wrote to Father and Mother about having a week to come forward with the truth or else he would tell you himself. When they had received that letter... They were very angry. I'm sure you can tell from whatever you heard from Charlie, that Father and Mother never thought fondly of my brother. He has never been afraid to speak or go against our parents' wishes and they don't like that. So they knew that Oliver would tell you the truth at the end of week. So that's why I'm here. Instead of coming forward about the lie and accepting their punishment, they had forced me to come here... on the orders that I try to make you think that my brother was the one who planned all of this." She said finishing her story. Once she was done, she looked back to Eis with a small frown. "Any questions?" She asked.

Eis nodded along as he listened to the Princess's story and explanation regarding the situation he had put them through with that declaration on their Kingdom, which was a rather ludicrous idea on his part for he hadn't intended truly to partake in any relations, more especially marriage given his lack of sociability. Now, it seemed that the true masterminds behind this dilemma was the King and Queen whom clearly decided to forgo their own son in favor of their Daughter as well as use such a Daughter to come fix their mistake before the truth could come to light on their involvement and twisting of the offer he had given them in exchange for their safety and lives. Would it have been better if he decided to continue such a conquest? It wasn't too late to make a decision to lay a siege upon their Kingdom, just sparing the innocent townspeople and rid the Castle of such corrupt Humans. But, Oliver would surely not condone such violent actions upon his Parents, even if they used him as a sacrifice to save their hides, which boiled him internally with rage despite his lack of expressing such for this brought disgust on part with the memory of his own Parents sacrificing their own selves for his, such making this act by people willingly sacrificing their own to save themselves such a brutal strike to his heart.

"I see... Truly this makes the distaste for that Kingdom's Royalty grow ever further beyond disgust, into absolute violent rage. And as such, I've been questioning on how to deal with such emotions without causing any pain upon Oliver and you, since both of you were used to save those distasteful Human Beings' lives." His eyes were now cold daggers, directed at no one yet clear with unrelenting rage as they glinted a cold and dark blue. "May I ask if can bring the Prince? I wish to have both of you to reconcile before I decide any further options, as you should know that he is truly too kind for his own good and it is not too late for your relationship as Siblings to beyond saving if you speak to each other without the presence of daunting figures, such as the King and Queen."

Princess felt a great sense of relief now that she had been to set things straight. She had kept it hidden, but the guilt she had felt was awful. But now the truth was finally out, there wasn't any need to try and lie anymore. "I cannot blame you for thinking or feeling like that... They actions were shelish and unexcusable." She said in agreement. She could deny it after all. Her father and mother were willing to use both she and her twin to fool the King. Even forcing her to try and place blame on Oliver for everything just to avoid being harm to themselves. Then she saw it. The unrelenting rage in Eis's eyes. Even thought the rest of his face was still expressionless, his eyes show exactly what he felt on the inside. 'It must this kind of rage that makes him so feared by the other kingdoms.' She thought as a shiver went down her spine. She wouldn't wish to be on the receiving end of that anger.

His next words shocked her though. He really believed that her and Oliver could reconcile their relationship as siblings? After everything that had happened? "He is too kind for his own good." She agreed softly. But would he really forgive her for this? She hoped there would be a chance for that, so she had to take it. This could be her own chance to properly talk with her brother without either of parent to get in the way. But if he doesn't forgive her this time, then she'll do whatever she has to get earn his forgive and trust. "I... I would like that..." she said honestly. "But before you have him come here, I would like to ask one more thing," she stated shortly after. "What do you think of my brother?" She asked. It was something she was curious about. They seemed close and Oliver seemed to be quite comfortable around the male. So she was curious of what the King thought of him.

Last edited:
Eis, eventually, eased himself from his internal rage regarding the situation at hand for he could tell that the Princess had witnessed such an irrational side of himself and was clearly afraid despite his emotions not being directed towards you, and for that he felt guilty at his lack of self-control yet also, confused on why he was so enraged regarding the other Kingdom. Normally, he should of been collected and cold with his actions leading ultimately to him revoking his neutrality towards the other Royalty due to their lack of truthfulness and forsaking their side of the exchange for peace, but maybe it is due to his closeness to Oliver and the combination of his own bias towards how one should care for their own that he felt such anger. Though, that didn't explain what type of relationship he and the Prince had truly for he had never conversed nor experienced any relations and feelings since his youth and the fall of the prior Royalty. "I apologize for my distasteful behavior.... I normally don't fall too deep into my emotions like that."

A small smile would of have been on his lips, if possible, at the honest and accepting response from the Princess pertaining to the reconciliation between her and the Prince, which pleased him given that it was better now than never to speak to those you care for you before you end up never being able to in the future. Also, he felt that the two of them needed a more kinder and accepting familial bond that clearly didn't come from the King and Queen, which was quite sad and irritating that those Royals used their own blood to try to pull the rug under him and strain the relationship between the two Siblings for their own gain and their own biases. He was startled from his thoughts at the mention of Oliver and the boggling question of the relationship between the two of them, which he had no idea of how to answer such a complex question in his opinion.

Lack of relationships and trust issues on his side always tended to make him isolated from others and incapable of truly finding fruition in any sort of conversations or friendships, never mind romance. Making himself incapable of trusting himself to explain his views or feelings towards another impossible and his incapability of expressing physical emotions made it otherwise nonexistent for him to express himself in relations, yet despite such inadequacies, the Prince saw through those parts of him and even took his time to know and understand him without being afraid and judgmental due to rumors and his character. That made Oliver special in his heart, yet he can't truly figure out a truly fitting name for such emotions of never-ending trust and happiness he felt in the other's presence, for it may be merely due to his lack of social connection that makes such small gestures seem extraordinary. "I don't quite know... I trust him more than I ever had in another since my rise to King and the fact that he chose to understand me and slowly come to know me despite what others have said makes me feel an abundance of happiness.... Yet, I don't have any true name of what are relationship possibly is."

That was falling too deep into his emotions? She definitely wouldn't want to see what it was like if he even lost control of his anger then. "The.. there is no need for apologizes you're Majesty." She said keeping her voice calm as she tried to relaxed. It was quite an unsettling sight, but given the situation she couldn't blame such a reaction. Though it made no sense for the King to get so angry? He could simply just take away his neutrality from their kingdom and then just wash his hands of the matter. So why even react in such a way? Did it have to do with her brother? They did seem kind of close, so she could understand that he surely wasn't pleased to hear about how their parents had treated her twin. It was still surprising to her nonetheless.

When the King finally answered her question, to say she was surprised would be an understatement. She was quite shocked to be honest, though she did a very good job at hiding it. He clearly stated what he felt, yet truly didn't know the word that could describe it? It made the princess realize something. The King truly must of been alone for so long, if he didn't understand what he was feeling. This saddened the princess a bit. She herself had been hesitant because of the rumors regarding Eis. 'Maybe it was a good thing that Oliver came in my place..' she thought. Her brother never cared for rumors. Always wanting to make his own opinion about things regardless of what others have to say. It was probably nice having someone around that wasn't scared of him. With this information in mind, the King's anger was starting to make sense. Some of it was on Oliver's behalf. Cause she knew that he would never show such anger on such a matter. 'Well at least I can trust my brother's safety with the King.' She thought after a moment as a small smile appeared on her face.

"It's alright if you don't know yet. The answer will come to you with time." She said calmly. It was best to let Eis figure this out at his own pase. If she were to say it, it would most likely be too much to handle given everything that is going on. "I'm sure Oliver must feel the same for you as well." She said purposely under her breath, so that the other wouldn't hear.
"You may call for my brother now." She told him not even a second after. A good way to keep the King from questioning her secretive words.

[Sorry that this was later than I had promised ;w; I thought I would be able to do the post on Wednesday but I ended up getting more tired than I expected from an outing, so I apologize. ;u;]

Eis could have sworn that he heard the Princess speak of the Prince and it possibly involving himself but it was too faint and he didn't wish to push his title onto the other Royal, for he had wanted to keep a trustworthy and kind relation between of them due to the circumstances of their situation and the fact that he was truly not that kind of person and he wished not to feed into the rumors due to his curiosity. He could only hope that it wasn't of great importance and that maybe it truly did not involve him like his instincts were telling him, a perk born from distrust accumulating from the years since his rise of rank and the fear of possible assassination at the hands of someone he might of willingly and foolishly allowed into his space and mind. Yet he truly and heartfully trusted Oliver with parts of him that no one has ever seen or experienced without fearing manipulation and lies coming from the other, allowing to feel the slightest bit of happiness in all these years isolated and secluded from the world and others' words and touch.

One could see the slightest of glow in his cold blue eyes when audience with Oliver was finally allowed, even though he could of clearly done so prior without the Princess's permission but again, he didn't wish to push his selfish wants onto another and destroy the slightest bit of trust and acceptance between the two of them. He carefully picked a bell off his study desk and ran it softly enough not to pierce the ears but loud enough to be heard outside the doors and as soon as it ended, a light knock was heard from outside and against the door. "Come in." A maid came inside as soon as she was given permission and bowed before her King ,awaiting his reasoning for her summon. "Find and tell the Prince to come to my study as soon as he can." The servant gave another bow in affirmation before leaving with the slightest hint of haste and all without looking directly to her liege, clear hints of fear coming from her tense shoulders and movements.

The King gave a soft sigh as he could clearly see and know the recurrent signs of fear that came from the servants whom were either in his presence or merely passing by him in the halls, which was sadly a nonexistent occurrence given there was hints of intentional avoidance from his own workers. "I apologize that you had to see such behavior coming from the people within the Castle, for I can't change their views of me no matter how much I attempt to do so. The only ones that had been accepting of me are long gone for they were the first whom served my Family since the beginning and when the prior Queen and King were alive."

(it's alright. I understand. Also sorry it took me a while to reply, yesterday was a bit busy for me.)

Olivia was relieved that the King didn't question her silent words. She was no fool. She knew that he must of heard her, but clearly couldn't make out what was said though. Yet he made no move to use his title as King to force her into telling him what was said. 'It must be because he doesn't want to ruin what trust there is between us at the moment.' The Princess thought to herself. Which she was grateful for. If she felt like she couldn't trust, then she most definitely wouldn't want her twin around Eis. Regardless if her twin was fond of the male or not. So him not wanting to break what little trust there is, was a good sign to her.

A small frown appeared on Olivia's face when she also took notice to the signs of fear from the maid. So even the servants here are scared of the male. She didn't expect that the rumors regarding Eis, would cause even fear in his own workers, like it did to the other Kingdoms. She politely stayed silent as she listened to the King's explanation and apology. "I see.." she said quietly. If he had tried everything to change their minds about him, only to fail each time. She could understand why he would feel some disappointed toward such reactions. "It's alright your Majesty. It can't be helped on how others react." She reassured him. " But have faith. If my brother thinks highly of you, then surly it's possible for your servants to come around." She added.

Oliver made his way down the corridor. He was no longer wearing his disguise anymore. Thankfully his sister had brother a suitcase of his clothes along with her. So he had been able to change once he was back at his room. Now he was in his normal outfit, and his hair now showed it true short length since he no longer had to wear a wig anymore. After he was changed, He decided to read for a bit to pass time. That is when the maid came to inform that the King wanted to see him. Even if this audience with Eis was most likely a formal matter, he was still quite excited for it. Yet he was also nervous. With the matter between their Kingdoms, he was worried that it might have dented the trust they had. He had wished he came forward with the trust earlier, but at the same time he didn't regret it due to the time he got to spend with Eis. Regardless now he needed to focus on handling this matter properly before anything else. As he reached the study, he gave a small nod to the servants near the door before he moved to open the door. "Hello, you had wished to speak with me Eis?" He asked as he stepped into the room. He was slightly surprised as he noticed his sister was in the room as well. He realized that she was here to speak about the matter between their Kingdoms as well.

[Post hopefully will be up tomorrow or the day after! This week has been busy for me and so I've been lacking a bit in response.]

[Again, sorry that I went against my word and haven't posted anything. My schedule has been messed up from the prior week and so I'll likely have a post up this week.]

(it's alright, I understand that you haven't had the time to post yet. Also okay. Take your time, there no rush. :) )

[Sorry if this isn't good since I didn't wanna make you wait any longer for a proper post ;w;]

Eis hadn't expected to be met with a completely different image of the person he had been living with for a couple of weeks, but then again this was the true Oliver and he was still happy inside to see him, which might be considered childish and simple on his part and most would of had laughed at his innocent happiness if they weren't so afraid of his reaction. Unlike before, his eyes shone bright and pleasantly when in the presence of the other even when the conversation might not be so pleasant and more so serious going forward concerning another Kingdom and their Land and the hidden simmering anger that barely laid dormant inside of him. "I'm glad to see you, Oliver. Though, the circumstances and place aren't the usual of our daily routine yet I had to ask for you given the information and the situation they have been further learned about." He felt hesitant on whether or not his actions would possibly strain the relation between the two of them but he wanted to make Oliver feel the slightest freedom when he learned that his sibling wasn't as he had perceived and how the main evil was their King and Queen.

"Now I hope that you listen with a good and open heart with what I'm about to ask of you. As you can see, I have brought the two of you together in the same room for a reason and that is to fix your sibling relationship that clearly had been corrupted and twisted by the environment and company you had prior surrounded your self in. In short, this is merely an act of selfishness on my part concerning the situation and I shall go further on that matter after the two of you speak to each other without any outside parties nor interruptions." He wondered if Oliver would even consider listening to his own sibling's words and explanation, but then again he know how good-hearted and trusting the other Male was and that made him believe that there was a possibility of reconciliation between the two of them without the peering eyes of their own Parents.

Seeing how the male's eyes seemed to shone bright and pleasantly, brought a small smile to the Prince's face. One of the thing Oliver had learned about the King during these couple of weeks, it was that his eyes seemed brighter or darker depending on what he was feeling. Like now even though Eis's face didn't show it, he could tell that he was in a good mood. "I'm glad to see you as well," He admitted first, before continuing. "It's quite alright. I understand that the situation at hand needs to be focused on." He said as he gave a slight understanding nod. Though he did wish the circumstances for their conversation were different, he knew that the matter at hand wasn't something that they could just step aside and deal with later. It was best to deal with it properly before something else came along and ruined it.

As the other went on to explain why he had been called here, he was surprised by the reason. 'Fix our bond as siblings?' He thought as he thought it over. Yes the two of them were once close when they were younger. But like Eis had said, the environment and the company of their parents had twisted their relationship. But was this broken relationship fixable? He glanced over to his sister, who seemed quite nervous. He rarely ever seen Olivia act this way when around other people. She couldn't be faking it. He could tell that much. He briefly glanced back to the King. He wondered what exactly was said between the two? Though regardless of the fact that Eis said it was an fact of selfishness, he was grateful for the chance to fix things with his sister. Something he thought he would never get the chance to do. A faint smile appeared on his face, as he finally made his decision. "I would like to try working things out." He said as he stepped over to sit down on the other chair that was in the room.

Olivia was greatly relieved when she heard her brother agree to talk things out. She truly thought he would shut down the idea. 'He really is too kind for his own good.' She thought as she relaxed a bit. The nervousness she had felt, now fading away. Oliver was willing to listen and talk things out, she couldn't mess this chance up. "Thank you Oliver." She said softly, feeling grateful. She looked over to the King. She was gonna need a way to repay the male for allowing her the chance to fix things with Oliver. Maybe not now, but later now she will find a way to repay him. "Your Majesty, could my brother and I have a moment alone to speak?" She asked politely. Yes she was grateful towards the other male for this chance. But she simply felt it would be easier to have a proper conversation with her brother, if it was just the two of them.

Last edited:
[Sorry that I tend to put so much time in between my posts ;w; I lose focus a lot due to stuff outside and overall, so please let me know if I take too long since I don't want to make you wait. Also, my post will hopefully be coming either Thursday or Friday hopefully.]

[Sorry this is late! Also I apologize if this isn't great since this is soon before I'm taking a nap and so I'm tired.]

The King was not as surprised as one would assume at the acceptance coming from the Prince towards the idea of reconciliation since after all he was too good for the world and clearly that showed if he was willing to remain by his side despite the rumors and his issues. He could only hope that good will come from the two's personal connection and conversation and then he'll have to bring up the idea of eye for an eye pertaining to the King and Queen and their unforgivable nature towards their own blood, though that would be a little bit after everything has been settled since he didn't wish to ruin the joyous moment with his selfishness. Also, a small, stronger selfish side of himself hoped that when all is settled that the Prince will remain in the Castle with him, like before for he couldn't bear the thought of losing his only Human connection since years.

It wasn't surprising that he was being ushered out for personal reasons and he wasn't one to argue with what was clearly a familial discussion that was prolonged long enough and so, he lifted himself from his desk and headed towards the door. "Please know that I'll be just outside, so when you are finished, just let me know." He wouldn't eavesdrop nor intentionally disturb the conversation from the outside like a clingy fledgling for he was mature despite his looks and social innocence, with wars and battles being clear indications of such quickened maturity over the years and he felt like he could trust that no malicious directed talks will occur in his absence. He gave a glance back at Oliver, a hint of happiness in his eyes, before heading out of the room and closing the door firmly behind him.

He was just glad Oliver would be able to find solace with his own Family despite it being only limited to one and that nothing will hurt him further down the line, and hopefully, he may remain by his side for those years.

(it's alright. Also sorry it's took me a while to reply. The past few days have been very busy, so I haven't had a lot of time to be on the site. Also sorry that this is a bit short.)

"We'll let you know once we are finished." Oliver said politely. It felt a little odd having the King leave the room while they talked, instead of the two of them simply finding a different room to speak in. But he was grateful for Eis's understanding of the situation. He would have to show a way to truly thank the other when this was over. Not only for the understanding, but also for helping him have a chance to mend relationship between him and his sister. Thinking of his sister, he turned back to Olivia and started the conversation that had been held off for so long.

The twins talked about their experiences with their parents, how they felt, and what they wished could've been different. It was refreshing to finally get these things off of their shoulders, without the worry of their parent finding out about it. The prince was surprised when he learned about the times Olivia secretly try to help him from the the King and Queen, which he sincerely thanked her for. Overall it was a very pleasant conversation, one that each twin needed. The conversation ended with a heart felt hug, with the promise of making time for conversations like this again.
Oliver stood up from his seat. Stepping over to the door. He opened the door and smiled a little as he looked over to the King that stood off to the side away from the door. "You can come back in now Eis." He told him with a small smile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back