• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Ice King's "Bride" (private with N30NL4Z3R)

Oliver relaxed a bit, simply glad that his idea worked on keeping the mood from becoming awkward. He smiled a bit as the male spoke. "As am I." He said with a soft hum. He was excited to learn something new about the King, and he was interesting in seeing what kind of book their had here. Thinking of the library, he turned his attention back to said room and was amazed at the sight about him. This library was definitely bigged than the one back at his castle. The decor was also fairly nice as well. Classy but still simple enough to not take people's attention away from the book. 'A wise choice on such a design.' he thought to himself. But still he couldn't help the sudden excitement that grew in him at the thought of finding a new kind of book to read here.

"I'll take a look around then." He said cheerfully in response to Eis's words. "Though I think the only difficulty will be chosing which one to read first." He commented jokingly as he walked over to one of the shelves further into the room. Once he reached the bookshelf, he started looking along it for a book that would catch his eye.

Eis made a short soft noise, comparable to a chuckle, at his guest's clear amazement and excitement which even if he did expect such a response, it warmed him a bit to actually be met with shared excitement and interest. Though sadly it wasn't possible for him to show such was true... "Thank you. It's made so you can read without needing a candle or any other light source except sunlight." It was also pretty when the colored glass caused the pages of the book to become alight with soft pinks or blues instead of plain white or yellow from slight age as well as allowed there to be less usage of wax or wood until late in the night. Slowly he took a look around, glancing here and about at the lettered bindings, and trying to see if there was one that stood out and more so, one that he yet to read from the collection though his lack of reading was causing him issues with trying to distinguish the ones he had already read prior. "Sadly I might not be in the same position..."

It was easy with figuring what type of book he wished to partake in but everything else was against him as he eventually just decided to take to looking at the ones on the top of each shelf; the rarest books among the library. He had went and gotten the ladder from it's previous position and rolled it to where most of the animal and herbology books were and where he had yet to consider looking at the very top in the past. With a small huff, he climbed each step carefully till he was at the very last one allowing him to peruse around till he found one about a variety of exotic and rare plants, particularly flowers. Now he had to get down... once he was in the middle portion of the ladder, he suddenly felt his foot slip.

"Welcome." Oliver said cheerfully. It was a very nice touch. With a window like this, there was no need to waste wax or wood to light up a room. But the colors of the glass were his favorite part of it. Seeing different color lights come into the room seemed very nice, instead of the usually plain white and yellows. Turning his attention back to the books again. He glanced over the lettered binding of the books. Judging by the titles these books were about the geography of the areas around the kingdom. Well he didn't really know all the much about the King's home, so this seemed like a good way to learn a bit more about this place.

Taking the book off the shelf, he took a moment to glanced over to Eis to see if he had found a book yet as well. That's when he noticed the other on the ladder. For some reason, the prince couldn't help but feel a slight uneasy feeling from seeing the other up there. But he tried to reassure himself that it was probably nothing. This library belonged to Eis after all, so he probably used the ladders to get to some of the books all the time. But still, he kept his eyes on the King as he moved over to set his book down on a a nearby table as he waited. That's when he saw the other's foot slip and then started to fall back from the ladder. "Eis!" He called out in worry. Without a second thought, he raced over to the other to try and stop his fall.... Which didn't go as well as planned. When he tried to caught Eis while he was falling, he ended up losing his balance and fall to the ground along with the King. He groan faintly in slight pain as they both landed on the floor.

They say that life flashes before your eyes when one is met with the inevitable, and falling from such a height as this was very well to he considered dangerous and fatal if he were to end up hitting too hard or landing on the more fragile parts of the human body, like the neck. In short, he did not find the thoughts about his life so far pleasant and more so lonely and unworthwhile... So he wasn't prepared to find himself cushioned a bit, allowing him to not get the whole brute force of what the fall entailed for his fate and that perplexed him enough out of his grim stupor to notice that he had ended up landing on top of his guest's form. Many things then soon passed through his mind as he tried to come up with some sort of conclusion to this matter as well as contain his composure for his heart was beating far more than it has in a while, which could be considered both a good and bad thing. "I-I... I'm sorry...!" His voice was lost and cracked with his whole body flustered and unbearably uncomfortable with the situation between the two of them; the physical nature was beyond his experience sadly and he was incapable of maintaining his body's normal state.

With quick and hesitant movements, he got off as carefully as possible to ensure that he didn't end up hurting his guest any further than what this had caused before taking their hand and pulling them back up into a standing position, again with the closeness that boggled his mind and drove him to a unfamiliar state of emotions and feelings. He so badly wished he could express himself emotionally and with expressional features but life wasn't so simple and giving towards him... He could still feel the other's warmth on him and their connecting bodies, even when covered with cloth and that made him averted his usually cool eyes from their direction; his eyes were the most expressional part of him and if it were possible, the usual cold blue was now wavering and were alight with the slightest hint of excitement and happiness that he wished not dwell further into.

One of the first things that the prince realized as he opened his eyes, was the position the two of them had ended up in. Oliver knew that he was blushing from the way his face suddenly felt warmer. But he wasn't sure if the cause of it was due to the closest or he simply felt embarrassed that his plan to save the other didn't work as well as he had hoped. He blamed the shoes that he was wearing for that. He was forced to wear these heels, so that it would seem like he was a girl. But they were definitely not great help at keeping one's balance. Though despite those facts, he had no way to explain why his heart was racing a bit. But his attention was taken away from that as he heard the King speak. He was surprised by the way his voice checked as he spoke. It was completely different than the normal time he usually spoke with. "Th-There's no need for apologies..." He started, once he was able to find his voice. "We en-ended up like this... because I tried to stop your fall... So it's nothing to be sorry for." He wanted to reassure the other that he had done this willing, so he wouldn't feel bad for the slight pain it caused him.

He fell silent again as Eis slowly moved to get up. He used the time to try and calm his racing heart. He really hoped that the King hadn't been able to feel to it, from how close they had been or else this would be even more embarrassing. He gave a faint thankful smile as he was helped up by Eis. Once he was on his feet again, he sighed internally in relief that he didn't hurt his ankles during the fall. That could've made Eis feel guilty if that had happened. He looked back up at the King, and frowned a little when he saw that the other wasn't looking at him. "Are you okay Eis? You didn't get hurt right?" He asked. The worry he felt could be hear by the tone I. His voice and showed clearly in his blue eyes.

Even with the other's words of comfort, Eis knew that he was the true cause of what had happened for if he wasn't so keen on reading something familiar or at least on the lower shelves, he wouldn't have needed the ladder and in turn, he wouldn't of slipped and creating this awkward mood between the two of them. He didn't want to be the cause of their guilt for his indiscretions and he certainly didn't want to consider that he might of ended up hurting them more than emotionally; his eyes glancing back to check to see if he could spot any bruising or cuts caused by their combined collision onto the floor. "No, I should be the one apologizing for my greediness and lack of self-preservation regarding such high places. You are truly not fault and more so, it's thanks to you that the fall wasn't as hard as it would of been otherwise." His words were true for he knew that at the height he went up on the ladder and the fact that the ground was hardwood, it would of been easy for him to break all sorts of his body and/or even end up dead due such possible wounds at the worst. "You saved me from Death and for that, I'm utmost grateful yet also guilty for putting you into such danger. Are you in any pain? You are more important than myself in my opinion."

This was another case of him bringing his weak health slightly into consideration with his actions and words, and it was not a lie to say he wouldn't mind if he had perished due to this incident even if that was a grim and selfish acceptance on his part. His eyes slowly and hesitantly met his guest's as he made sure to douse the embarrassing emotions and feelings like the excitement from his gaze in the process. "My body is the same as always; no bruises nor pain, so please do not worry yourself with my wellbeing."

Oliver had not thought of it like that. When he saw the King start to fall, he just acted without thinking. But now that he had a chance to think about it, he realized that the male was right. Even from the height he fell from, to land on hardwood flooring would cause some serious if not fetal injuries to anyone. Now the prince was even more glad that he had managed to cushion the fall when he did. He wouldn't felt awful if he had not been able to stop harm from happening to another when he was able to. He was drawn from his thoughts as the King spoke again. At the question, he subconsciously lifted his right hand to lightly touch a spot on his left arm. During their rough landing, his left side had made contact with the floor first. So there was a chance of there being some bruising there, and from the slight soreness that he felt on his arm, his suspension was correct. "Thank you for your concern. I am alright. I'm just greatly relieved that you're okay." He said with a small smile. He didn't want to say anything about his bruise for two reasons. One is that it wasn't serious, so he simply wasn't worried about it. Two is that he didn't want Eis to feel bad about it. He made his choice to help the other, so he didn't want him to feel bad about him getting hurt.

He relaxed fully as Eis reassured him that he wasn't injured in anyway. But he couldn't help but grown a little as he was told that he didn't need to worry about the other's wellbeing. "I understand that we are only starting to learn more about each other..." He started as he looked up to meet the King's eyes. "But regardless of that fact, it wouldn't be right of me to not show concern for one's wellbeing." All life was important in Oliver's eyes, so he didn't like the thought of Eis not caring about himself. Even more so after what had happened.

The King knew his lack of concern regarding his own body was a self-destructive mindset and it was something that no one would find themselves lacking given the fact that most fear the aspect of pain or Death. He might of been too accepting of the possibility of his fall being fatal and in turn, deadly without giving thought to his guest's thoughts and opinions on the whole issue. Though it was ironic that he would care for another's life and body over his own and that was possible due to the life he has lived so far and the fact that he was weak both mentally and physically, making himself seem more of a hinderance in his eyes. Speaking of his eyes, they watched as the male touched a small spot on his arm and given that he asked prior about injuries, it could only mean that he was trying to downplay and hide his own pain and injuries from him. He might seem cold and his personality along with his behavior tended to give such a vibe off, but he truly did care for those he loved or trusted and despite the lack of knowledge about his guest, he felt responsible and wanted nothing more than provide the best of himself towards the other.

"I understand your concern and I apologize for my insensitive words and lack of gratitude so please believe me that I'm truly thankful that you were willing to face injury to save my life." His words were sincere despite his own opinions regarding his own self-worth but he didn't wish to hurt the other male more than he possibly due to his previous wording. "May I show my own concern for your wellbeing? I can't help but worry that you may be in pain, yet are not willing to accept my help due to selflessness." It was something he was not used to seeing due to both self-solitude and as such, lack of normal human behavior and the general prospect of selflessness with the line of Royalty being in comparison to selfishness.

The prince was silent as he listened. Yes he was a bit upset by the King's words. But he couldn't deny the sincere tone that the male spoke with as he apologized. "I accept your apology... and rest reassure I don't doubt your words." He said calmly. He was thankful that Eis understood his concern and that he realized that he shared a different opinions in regards to one's wellbeing. He knew that he shouldn't be upset over that. It was given that they would have different opinions on some matters. Maybe it was because this matter was something he thought strongly about, that's why he felt the way he did. He had learned from his grandmother that all lives were important, and that it was their jobs as royals to protect those lives. That learned was something Oliver always held in heart and would never forget.

But Oliver wasn't expecting the next question that came out of the King's mouth. 'Did he actually notice that I was trying to hid my injury?' He thought in disbelief. It seemed like the male was more observant than he had originally thought. He had always been able to hide his pain and play it off like he was okay to others before. Because he didn't wish for anyone to worry for him. After all as a prince he had to willing to put his life on the line for those he cared for. So he often kept his pain to himself... But was it right of him to so? He had just expressed being upset by Eis telling him that he shouldn't have to worry for him, and yet here he was doing the same thing. "You may." He told the King as he gave a small nod. Yes he was use to being selfless and simply caring for himself when he was hurt, it was just who he was. But it seemed hypocritical of him to hid it this time, due to the situation they were in. "My apologizes for seeming unwilling to accept you help." He said.

The King was not too knowledgeable when it came to feeling important, or rather, find his own life needed to be worried about though that thought process could be considered concerning and a grim outlook. Maybe that is why he did not quite connect with his guest’s worries regarding his safety and lack of self-preservation, but he did not wish to share his reasoning given it was own issues and he did not wish to pass such an emotional burden onto another. Life was something he had not quite gotten to partake in, at least normally in simpler terms, with his blood being of a Royal and him being the only last living member of such capable of taking the throne despite his age before and now.

Yet it should not be expected for him to consider other lives and health forfeit for while he considered himself a mere sacrifice, no one else should be pulled into danger due to his own outlook. That was why when met with the possibility of the other being harmed due to his foolishness, he was mess internally on what he should do if such was true since he did not know proper medicinal methods and there was no current person within the staff or general area as of now.

He did not move from his position until given proper permission to assist the other male and then when it was given, he gently took hold of the other’s left arm and looked at where the hand at touched prior. “Ah. It is good it seems to only be some bruising and there doesn’t seem to be any sign of breakage or fracturing of the bone which I had previously feared of.” It was true that from his perspective that there did not seem to be permanent or fatal damages to the skin or arm. “But I believe it would be best for you not to exert any pressure or tension in case there’s injuries that can not be seen merely from the outside.”

Oliver remained still as the King took ahold of his arm to looked at it. "That is good to hear." He said as he sighed softly in relief when the other said that was no sign of breakage or fracturing of the bone. If that had been the case, it would've been harder to hide his pain after a while. He watched the other silently as he checked over his arm. It felt odd having another royal checking his injuries. He was used to keeping them hidden from the other royals, and then just having one of the maids or Charlie help him later when no one was around. He was drawn out of his thoughts as Eis mentioned to not try extra pressure or tension on his left arm in case the injury was bad on the inside. "Of course. I'll try to be careful." He said with a small nod.

He fell silent for a moment, thinking about his next words. "If it will help you feel better, I can ask someone to look at it tomorrow to make sure that there is no internal damage?" He offered. As much as he didn't like having to for help when he didn't see the need to, he was willing to do it this time to put any worries that the other might have to rest. After all he didn't want the King to think that he was gonna turn away any kind of kindness the he was willing to show.

Eis knew that his behavior was unbefitting of a member of Royalty, especially paying too much special care regarding someone that he barely knew and who, from an outsider’s perspective, held no distinguishing features nor title to attribute such attention. Though he could have had someone like a servant attend to such matters, but he did not wish to allow himself such a petty escape when it was his fault that the male had gotten hurt in the first place and if he had not been so foolish and clumsy, this would not have happened in the end. It also did not help that he felt completely fine, no pain or ache at all throughout his body, yet the other took the blunt of the force and even when injured, prevented themselves from showing weakness out of the concern for his feelings.

But he hoped that his pushiness did not cause any discomfort or ruin what little development their relationship had developed and that is why when he was met with an offer instead of any negativity, it made him feel the slightest bit of relieved. “Yes. I would greatly appreciate that. And please let me know afterwards if I had missed any injuries that I hadn’t noticed prior, for I would wish to help how much as I can within my power.”

Oliver wasn't use to the concern from another royal. Yes his family would show some concern whenever he was hurt. But even then, they believed him when he would say that he was fine. They like other royals just took his words for face value. Not once did they think that maybe he was simply saying he was fine so that they wouldn't worry or did they not care enough to question it? It was something that the prince would likely never know the answer to. But the King, the first person who saw through his words. It was new... And he liked it. It was nice having someone willing to question or call him out of trying to hide his pain.

He smiled a little at the other male's words. "Of course. I'll be sure to let you know after I have it looked over." He said. He had planned to go to Charlie and have him look over his injury for him, even if Eis did believe that he was fine. But since he was willing to let the other show concern for his wellbeing. Letting him know if there was any hidden damage, was the least that he could do.

Ooc:
Sorry it took me so long to reply. Things had been really busy, everything is settling down on.

[It's fine! Take your time no matter what!]

Eis felt relieved that his worries were accepted and would be properly dealt with since he did not wish to see the other male in any more pain than just a simple bruise on the body. It was through his own experience that he chose to be protective for once in his life; when he was young, the slightest of injuries greatly impacted his body and there were some cases where he has sprain at least one of his arms and sometimes one of his legs, though that was all in the past given he learned to live with the body he has for as long as it will live for. "Thank you. I know that my behavior is quite overbearing, but I don't want you to go through any further harm nor pain." It was strange to feel such emotions and feelings where he wished nothing more than to hold and protect the other male from all harm, and that confused him greatly but gratefully, it didn't appear through his facial expression.

[This is a short thing, since I had no idea how to further go on.]

"It is alright Eis. I understand that you mean well." Oliver said reassuringly after the other commented that his behavior might seem overbearing. Like he had thought before, it was nice seeing someone worry for him. Though he didn't like to worrying others and avoided it when he could. It was a relief to not hide it from someone for once in his life. "Now that is settled. Shall we read for a little bit before we call it a night?" He suggested as a way to lighten things back up. They had came to the library to read for a bit. Though that had gotten a bit side track with the fall, but there was still some time they could stay spend together before it was time to sleep.

Ooc:
Okay :)
Also do you want to skip a head a little? Like it could a week since Oliver came to the castle, we could have Olivia show up because of the letter Oliver had planned to send to his family?

Eis was relieved that his actions were forgiven and his behavior was not a nuisance in the slightest for he did not want his guest to feel like he was behind their back and pushing them in certain directions, which was certainly not true. He might be a King and the rumors may say he is cold and ruthless but that held no weight to the fact that he was in the end a human and he desired to make sure what he cared for was safe and in the best condition possible. "Ah, yes. I forgot for a second that we were in the library and that are main objective was to read together and learn more of the other." It was not a lie that he did forget for a second there about their location and the reasoning for why they had come there and the fact that the injury took place here, but it couldn't be helped that he was more occupied with his guest's wellbeing than whatever they had planned prior.

"Did you find any you wish to read, or share?"

[Sure! That seems like the best option.]

Ooc:
I'll start us off then :)

Ic:
It has been over a week on since Oliver had came to live at the castle. During his time here, he had gotten to know the servants a bit and got to learn some more back this place. He favorite place in the castle though, would definitely be the garden. It was peaceful and quiet out there. A little spot of the outdoor in the center of the castle. He had done a few nice drawings of the garden and as he promised he showed them to Eis, who seemed to like his work. Saying for the the king, the prince had learned a bit more about him during this week as well. Over his time here, he had come to learn he had quite a bit in common with the King and shared a similar thoughts on some matters. He had came to understand that the other wasn't always expressive of his feelings. But he was slowly learned to read the other better, so he could what he was feeling easier. After learning this, it helped him see more sides to the other male... and he liked what he has seen so far. It was nice speaking freely to another royal without a worries of being judged or looked at differently when saying the wrong thing. Besides that, he had come to really enjoy Eis's company and always looked forward to the next time they spent time together.

But now it was time for something he had came to dread. During his first real day at the castle, he sent a letter to his family. Making it clear to them that he will tell the King the truth after a week if they didn't come clean about their lies themselves. He knew that it was the right things to do. But after all the time he spent with the other male, he slowly started to dread this moment more each day. He was scared in a way. Scared of ruining the truth he had built with the other male or of howhe would react when he learns that he wasn't really Olivia. Regardless of the fears he had, he knew that it must be done. He could only hope that he could at least stay friends with Eis after it was over. Oliver let out a sigh, trying to calm his nerves as he walked through the corridor to the study knowing the other would be there during this time of day. As he reached the doors of the study room, the servant at the door opened them for him. He kindly gave his thanks to the servant before stepping inside. "Hello Eis. I hope I'm not disturbing your work." He said with a small smile. But before he continue with anything else, a maid stepped into the room. "You're Majesty, there is a guest here to see you." The maid said politely.

It was hard to get used to for the King with a new addition to his daily life, though he hadn't thought of the implications of the first day and those being that he would have someone other than servants nearby, never mind their relationship being brought about through... complicated means. But he seemed to grow quite accustomed more quickly than he expected of himself despite his lack of proper relations and manners regarding guests, even more so if it is someone that was to become much more further down the line, making his socially awkwardness a big issue for both his title and external persona. While he didn't care much for how he was personality-wise and how others perceived him, there was a part of him fearful on the prospect of getting too close to someone, knowing about his condition and the likely outcome did not allow him much happiness given that it forced him to perceive stuff more maturely and grimly. But he couldn't help but find warmth in the shared interests and the occasional look at the other's works of art that was promised, and one could say it was getting easier for the two of them to communicate despite his lack of expressions, which made it even harder for himself as this showed him that his guest clearly cared for him and wanted to know him and he felt the same in response. It hurt a bit nowadays when he felt winded or had to hide away in his quarters in order to calm himself down, the excitement and adrenaline born from happiness were something his body was not used to and couldn't handle such exertion...

Eis shook his head out of his thoughts regarding the past days, which were bringing back negative feelings towards the end, and he didn't want to be found in a bad mood by the other. After their first meeting , it seems like everything was going for the best for the Kingdom and on the selfish side, he felt happy and warm nowadays unlike in the past. That was why he did not want to cause any unnecessary worries for his guest about his health or condition since he knew he would get berated for his lack of self-worth and life, and that he did not wish to experience again. In short, they learned more about each other than he thought was possible during the short amount of time and he felt like he could open up for once in his life, since he hadn't had anyone he could trust the slightest since he took control of the Kingdom. Soon interrupted from his thoughts, not his work (which he forgo long before his mind went elsewhere), to see his guest but before he was gifted with their visit, he was made aware of that there was someone waiting for him, not as himself, but as the King.

With a soft sigh, he lifted himself off his desk chair and made his way to the door, passing by the other in the end. "You weren't disturbing me. I'm sorry though, for I must attend to this before we can speak further and spend time together." He wondered if his words were too formal, too direct and lifeless, but he wished so greatly to finish with this meeting coming up so that he may hear and listen to what the other wanted to tell him, for they clearly came to his study with a purpose.

"No need for apologizes. It can't be helped." Oliver reassured him. He then offered him a kind smiled. "I'll meet you in the library once you're done, we can speak there." He added. He was a little disappoint that he was delayed in telling the King the truth, for he was worried that he would lose the nerve to do so if he didn't say it soon. After it was agreed on where they would meet after the meeting, the prince watched Eis leave the study to go meet with his visitor. But as he watched him leave, he couldn't help the sudden bad feeling that filled his stomach. He wasn't sure of why he felt this way, but something told him that he needed to follow the other. It wasn't right of him to try and spy on the King's meetings, it just wasn't a proper thing to do. But he needed to know why he had this feeling. So quietly, he left the study and walked in the direction of the main entrance. That's where he had first met the King, so the visitor should be waiting there for him as well. As he neared the main entrance, he could see the other male already making his way down the stairs of the main hall. Not wanting to risk someone noticing him listening in on the conversation, he quietly kept to the shadows as he stepped over to the railing of the top of the steps. Once he was at the railing, he glanced down to see who this guest was. His eyes widened as he let out a very faint gasp when he saw who it was... His sister Olivia.

Olivia stood in the main, feeling greatly nervous and annoyed at the same time. Here she stood in the Ice King's castle, on her parents orders of course... All because of her twin brother. When their parents had gotten Oliver's letter, they about had a fit. They couldn't believe their son would try to put their kingdom at risk, all because he wants to be an honest person and go against what he was told to do. So they had Olivia come here, to make sure that her brother couldn't mess things up for them. But she really didn't want to be here, she wanted to be back home or anywhere that wasn't this place. Even though, here she stood dressed nicely and about to meet the Ice King. Hearing footsteps coming her way, she took a deep breath to calm her nerves. Before she looked up to see the King coming up to her. She had spoken with many other royals, she knew how to act and what to say to get on someone's good side. That's hope her acting skills will do the trick this time. "Hello your Majesty. It's a pleasure to finally meet you. I'm Olivia Maire Evans." She said politely as she curtsied, a realistic looking smile on her face.

[Sorry if this seems very, very small and not the best! I'm half-asleep but wanted to put something up after so long of inactivity. Also I forgot Eis's last name so I came up with something new ;3;]

It seemed unheard of for a guest to come to the castle without prior invitation or warning, but to ignore or disregard the matter would sully his Kingdom's image and make him seem as an unsuitable and conceiting as the Ruler. Maybe his new occupant to the castle was responsible for his new desire to ignore these interruptions, which was a term he would of prior not attributed to the people of importance entering his land, yet he could not blame them for his changing of behavior for he had long wished to rest from the throne and partake in the freer aspects of life before his health truly dwindled further. He entered the main entryway and his eyes widened ever so briefly when he was greeted with a name that he had known for these weeks prior, yet the face was not. There was a positive to his lack of notable facial reactions and that was the gift of hiding his thoughts and feelings behind a icy gaze and demeanor. With as much grace as he could, despite the ironic nature of this 'first' meeting, bowed before the lady before him... "No, the pleasure is all mine to finally meet you despite the reason of this meeting. I'm Eis Geflimmer and I welcome you to my Kingdom."

(It's okay. What you wrote is pretty well done. It's fine, I honestly don't know if Olivia's full name is the same. :) It's a pretty interesting last name. Also sorry for not responding right away, things were a little busy.)

Olivia kept an eye on the King, trying to judge what could be on his mind. She didn't know how she was supposed to act, if she couldn't tell on the other was thinking. It was honestly scary at how neutral the other's face was, at really gave away nothing at all. How could her brother not find this guy scary? He was just like the rumors said he was. "Thank you for allowing me into your kingdom." She said politely, doing her best to keep her calm demeanor. She just needed to do as her parents had told her and things will be fine. The princess can find out later about how her brother has behaved in her place, and then act that way as well to keep the lie going. "My apologies for arriving so late. I would've been here sooner, if it had not been my twin attempting to take my place." She said.

From the shadows, Oliver clenched his fist as he listened. So that was how his sister was gonna to play this? Try to make it seem like he was the bad guy behind all of this? He had sent that letter in hopes that his family would come clean about their actions... But clearly he had been too kind to give them such a chance. Why did he believe that things would be different this time around. His parent have gone out of their way before to try and make him seem like the bad guy, so that the people of their kingdom would want his twin to be the next ruler and not him. Yes his sister was a bit spoiled by them, but she usually had his back in the end. But now he could see that his twin was clearly happy to follow along with their parents lies. Quietly he turned around and walked back though the corridor, he had came from. He couldn't stand to listen to such lies come from his own sister. So he made his way to the library, where he said he would meet with Eis after the meeting. Fear was held within his heart as he walked, silently hoping that he could find a way to fix the mess that was about to happen.

Eis knew what the other was thinking purely from experience, especially since he had been receiving the opposite of negativity and fear towards him from who was now not Olivia, but rather Oliver which was something he could not comprehend of yet. But he knew that he would have the chance to learn about the reasons and thoughts of the other ‘male’ and yet he held no ill will or aggression or even sadness of something akin to betrayal, maybe due to their days of closeness and how he would not have felt more of a living creature than a cold husk.

Though now was not the time to busy himself with his own confusion with this current situation and take the initiative to bring the two siblings together in order to learn about the reasoning for why the other Kingdom took to lying and faking the identity of someone, even if they had chosen to send the prince instead of the princess, at least he would not have felt stabbed in the back. “I apologize for my lack of notice regarding the differences between the two of you, and how your sibling took the role of my guest from you.”

He at least knew that the other had not come here from their own will, since if it were intentional, clearly there should have been more lack of informality and carefulness of wording, plus would they have not found comfort in his company? “I was to meet with your sibling in the library before you came. Would you like to come and meet them?”

[Sorry for the wait! Hopefully this is good ;w;]

Olivia was silent, unsure if the King was thinking over what she had said in his mind. A part of her really wished she had her twin's gift at reading people, Oliver was always better at watching other's actions to tell what they were doing. The princess on the other hand relied on listening to the tone in other's voices. But the male's voice didn't give anything away for her to guess what could on his mind either. "It's quite alright your Majesty. Me and my brother look pretty familiar to each other, so I understand if you didn't notice the differences between us." She reassured him. She was greatly relieved that the other seemed to believe her words. This was something she could at least use to make her lie believable. After all this was the first time she has ever face the Ice King and he had only seen Oliver dressed as her up until now. So it wouldn't be possible for the male to notice the difference between them.

She couldn't show her surprise though when he asked her to come with him to meet her sibling. She wasn't expecting that. The King didn't show any emotions, but she was hoping for him to be angry that her twin had lied to him and throw him out. That's how most royals would react if they were to find out that someone lied about who they were to them. But that didn't seem to be the case the the King here. "Of course. I would be happy to." She said politely, doign her best to keep the face on her face. She was honestly hoping to not face her brother during this. But she couldn't say no to the King, as much as she didn't want to disobey her parents, she did fear the risk of making the other angry.

(It's okay. :) )

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back