• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Ice King's "Bride" (private with N30NL4Z3R)

(I get it's not easy to keep a schedule of there are days that tend to throw it off. So don't worry, it's alright. :) )

Eis could easily tell that Oliver saw through his words and promise of reconsideration on his choice of going to the Meeting of the Kingdoms, as it was only expected that he would tell what he was thinking or feeling with how perceptive the other was in regards to his feelings and behavior. And maybe that's why he felt deep inside that these feelings that were making themselves apparent weren't mere passing, but rather, his true, selfish feelings towards the other male; ones that he had no idea on how to accept nor what to do with given that the possibility of the other leaving for their Kingdom after the issue with corruption was resolved. With a soft, faint sigh, he entered the Library with the clear trust that the other would follow suite behind him, for out of all the other rooms, this was the one where both of them felt comfortable and had their simple yet meaningful conversations. "I must ask a question, one selfish in regards to what I'm insinuating with my words."

He didn't turn around to look the other Prince in the eyes as he spoke, this new feeling of his now bringing fear of rejection and returning isolation in this cold castle of his without a single soul he could fully trust like now. "Once your Kingdom is free from your Parent's rule... Are you going to return to your land to rule? I wish to know so I may not hold any selfish feelings at the time of such a departure." His words were of half-truth on how he would proceed with the other's leaving, for while he will not tie the other down with his selfishness, his heart would remain hurting and the cursed 'what-ifs'.

Oliver followed silently after the King. There was no need of him to really make a sound, since Eis trusted him to follow. Once they were both in the library, the prince felt a bit more at ease. Out of all the other rooms, this had to be his favorite. For it was where both of them felt comfortable, and he always enjoyed each simply but meaningful conversation they had ever shared behind these doors. He looked toward Eis with interest when he stated he had a question to ask. Without a word he gave a soft hum in response, letting the King know that he could continue onward with his question. Given how Eis had not turn to look at him since they entered the library, the prince could almost feel how serious this matter must be for the other.

When the king finally spoke his question, Oliver was a bit taken back by it. This had been on Eis's mind as well? So this wasn't just a question that had been on his own mind. But the thing the caught his attention the most, was the part on not holding any selfish feelings if they had to part ways. It warmed Oliver's heart in a way, wondering what those selfish feelings were. But also saddened him in a way, since he didn't know if those feelings could possible be similar to what he felt inside. "I am the chosen heir. Once my parents step down... it would be expected that I take their place." He stated softly as he looked down to the floor. He had been raised with the exceptions to one day be the next King. He had long accepted that since he was a young child. Dealing with every lesson or task that was given to him without one complain, because of that. But if he left to go back to his land to rule.. would he ever get to Eis again? He would be far busier as a King, that he would most likely not have the time to leave his Kingdom very much. He would probably never get to see Eis or get to spend time him that much if not at all. That thought greatly sadden the prince, as he tried hold back the tears that wanted to appear in his eyes. "But... I'm not sure if I wish to take the throne once my parent's rule comes to an end.." He admitted.

[I'll try to have something up either this week or the next!]

Eis had long prepared himself for when Oliver may leave him to return to his homeland or just him getting annoyed or bored of how he was an inadequate social partner and possibly more, for he wouldn't blame such a decision should that be the truth in the future. After all, he never expected these feelings to be accepted given their situation of first meeting and the rumors were another thing to sully a possible further relationship beyond mere friendly companions or faked engaged. As he listened to the other's response, his heart steeled yet aching ever so slightly, he couldn't bear to look the other in the eyes as he listened to their farewell words for he believed it would further shatter his internal emotions and if he could, he would likely of cried as it occurred.

So, surprise wasn't an equating word to express his amazement on how the Prince proclaimed his decision of rejecting his role as rightful heir and remaining here, in his castle with him despite how it would likely be more pleasant back at their homeland. Well, it wasn't an ultimate decision on the part of the other's situation of taking the throne but he could only keep hope that this meant that their feelings were shared and the two of them couldn't bear to be separated by such responsibilities. For, he knew if the other took to rule then it would be undeniably that their meetings would be close to naught in numbers and they may never see each other again after their plan succeeded and that thought pained him dearly, and he could faintly feel a phantom sense of loneliness even though such a future has not been set in stone. "I know this may be a selfish thought on my part but please don't let this impact your ultimate decision on the matter of succession, but I would be greatly pleased if you decided to stay here. It would, after all, be lonely and dreadful without your company..." He couldn't stop his words, despite his wish not to guilt the Prince into staying.

"And these feelings may destroy my very heart should I have to see you go..." This was the first time he has verbally proclaimed the existence of these feelings he had long begun to feel since their relationship grew much more trusting and comfortable despite their first encounter.

Oliver could feel his heart skip a beat as the King proclaimed not wanting him to leave. Not only that, but the proclaim of his feelings, had made it clear that Eis's feelings were shared to his own. This caused the Prince to feel a great sense of joy, despite the seriousness of the situation. "There is nothing wrong with sharing your thoughts." He assured the other. If anything he was very grateful that Eis shared that thought, regardless if the other saw it as selfish or not. Eis still had his back turned towards him, so Oliver stepped over to him and gently took hold of his hand. "Truthfully, I would love to stay here. I have grown very fond of this kingdom and I too would find it lonely without your company.... it brings my heart nothing but sorrow at the thought of leaving." He said softly. He had come to love this place like he did with his own homeland. But mostly, he loved being with Eis. Who everyone saw as cold and heartless, the Prince knew that he wasn't either of those things.

"The future rule of the kingdom isn't something I can simply decide on my own though...." He said as he released a faint sigh. He was more than willing to give up the throne to stay here. But if he did so carelessly, then it would cause trouble. It was possible it could cause conflict with the other kingdoms, but it would also put his twin in a hard position. Which he didn't want. "I'll speak with Olivia about it in proper detail later, before any decision can become final." He had to make sure any problems were worked out ahead of time, so none of them had to deal with any trouble.

Last edited:
[I'm sorry that I've not responded yet at the moment! I might be very late nowadays due to two constant busy days that have been making it difficult to be mentally active/muse-filled, so I apologize about that ;w; And I hope that you don't get too annoyed of my inadequate posting schedule.]

(it's alright. It can't be helped if you have days like that. It happens sometimes, so don't worry about it. I assure you that I'm not annoyed or anything. My schedule sometimes makes it hard to post as well, so I don't waiting. :) )

Eis knew that the Prince's words were true and wholehearted for that was an undeniable fact he learned from the very beginning of their relationship for no one but someone of good soul and heart would dare to converse and trust someone rumored to be cruel and destructive. And that's why he wished for the two of them to remain together as he believed that the loneliness would once again sink in and this time, it would cripple and eventually destroy his very soul, as it was different compared to the past as he was young at that time and hadn't the freeness to have such emotions and feelings sink in when it came to his time being filled with ruling and governing his Kingdom at such a young age. He was just glad that their feelings were shared and that not only he would experience such heart wrenching pain from the very thought of their possible separation should when the plan succeeded.

But he also knew that this decision wasn't to be made so selfishly and suddenly when it came to one's homeland and the possible consequences after the rule was changed from the other Kingdom, since there would likely be some unjust actions against their plan and wishful outcome. "I understand- I don't wish to cause you or your Sister any unnecessary stress regarding this situation for you are planning to go against your own blood and that clearly would be beyond hurtful for any other Human being. I just wished to let my feelings be known before it was too late and you were out of my grasp and sight."

Oliver was very thankful for the King's understanding. As much as he wished he could just abandon his right to the throne, so that there was nothing to keep his from staying by the other's side. Even so, he was aware of what the consequences or any unjust actions or thought against their plan once it was time to take action. Though he was greatly relieved to know that their feelings were shared. But he hoped that in the end they wouldn't have to part ways, or at least, be apart for too long. Call it wishful thinking, but it was something that was greatly hoped for in the prince's heart.

"You are very kind Eis. But you don't have to worry about that. You can always speak your mind no matter the situation. For I'm grateful that you did share how you felt." The prince reassured the male. He was touched by the fact that the King didn't wish to cause any unnecessary stress. For it was true that going against one's own blood with be more hurtful than anything else. But he still wished for the male to share his thoughts no matter what. Letting go of Eis's hand for a moment, he moved so that he could properly face the other. He then raised a hand to gently touch Eis's cheek. A slightly more intimate action than simply holding the one's hand. "I have faith that everything work out as it should in the end. I also promise that even if we are to part ways, it won't be for long." He told the male with a soft smile on his face. He knew it seemed like too big of a promise to keep, but Oliver was confident that he could keep it.

Last edited:
Eis was startled the slightest bit when Oliver was suddenly right in front of him and the touch upon his cheek was warm and foreign of a gesture; something he had never experienced after the deaths of the King and Queen, his Parents, whom were the only ones to express such kindness and care towards him. So, it struck him a bit emotionally deep inside of his heart that the other was expressing such care and comfort onto him; something that he had long forgotten the feel of after that experience and that made him absolute gratefulness that such a person like the Prince existed in this world. If he could, he felt like he would be in tears- "I will make sure to keep you to your word. Or, I might end up going to you instead and we both know that would quite be the sight for both of our people to witness." Of course that would be the sight to behold and the reactions of the land's people would likely be between terror or confusion from his participation.

"Just... Just know that I'll waiting for you no matter what may happen, with open arms." He spoke as he rested his face against the other's hand with eyes subtly gleaming with happiness as it slowly sunk in that the two of them were now on equal ground with their feelings and that he didn't need to feel uncomfortable nor unsure about what those mean, for it didn't matter as long as the other accepted him wholeheartedly. "And no matter what, I'll make sure this plan succeeds even if the outcome may not be in my benefit should I have to part with you, but I know how important your people are to you and I wish to keep what is important to you safe."

A small faint laugh slipped passed the prince's lips at Eis's words. "That surely would be a sight to see." He said in agreement. There would definitely be mixed reactions from both of their land's people if that were to happen, the most reactions would likely be terror and confusion. Which would make sense, given that no one outside these castle walls even knows the situation that had brought the two royals together. That knowledge was only known to the one that are mainly tied to this mess of a situation caused by the prince's parents.

"Then I hope I don't keep you waiting for too long if that's the case." Oliver said softly. The male's words and the fact Eis leaned into his hand instead of shying away from his touch greatly warmed his heart. The same happiness gleamed in his eyes, completely over the moon to know that their feelings were on equal ground. No longer will there be any worries or misunderstandings about how they felt, as they both fully accepted the other. It almost felt unreal, more like a dream, to feel this much joy. But thankfully this was no dream. A couple tears appeared in Oliver's eyes as he listened to the male speak. He was very touched by Eis's consideration. Even though the King wasn't used to socializing with the other royals, he was still willing to be a part of this plan. "Thank you." He said, gratefulness clear in his voice. The prince sliently vowed to himself that he would do his best to make sure that the out come of this plan benefited everyone.

[Can I bring up a possible plot point that can happen once this particular one comes to it's end? The whole meeting of Kingdoms, etc.]

[I was wondering if something could happen regarding Eis's poor health, which I tend to forget about a lot when posting-- But we don't have to if you aren't comfortable with that sort of stuff ;w;]

(Sure, we could do something with Eis's poor health. It is something we haven't really got to explore much on. What do you have in mind? Maybe like his health spiked causing him to be bedridden for a while or something else?)

[Yeah! That seems good! I was thinking of the possibility of Oliver and him trying to figure out what's wrong with him and possibly cure these health difficulties of his.]

(oh that's a good one as well! Maybe we can mix the two? Like while they spending time together, Eis could have a spike in his health causing him to collapse, causing him to be bedridden for a day or two. This leads to Oliver learning about Eis's health difficulties and works with him to find a cure?)

[Yeah! That sounds like a good plan for the plot! And maybe it will allow Eis to be a bit more open on his past with Oliver, like with the deaths of the previous Rulers and how that impacted how he is today.]

[I will likely respond this weekend! Currently not feeling too good-- I'm hoping to foreshadow Eis's condition!]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back