• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Other
Here
Yas! I’m so hyped for this! I’m thinking about a travel vlogger/adventurer myself!

AHHHHH — excitement is enveloping and overbrimming. Not too sure what I am leaning to personally, but, I got a couple of FCs in mind to inspire thy flow of writing and get something on the board.

that sounds really fun but also difficult to think of one! it is like a real life ability? like no sleep or never ending endurance? or more like superhero style? c;

Only realistic, real-life abilities, please :>

Could be as simple as someone who believed themselves inept with arts discovering they can paint beautifully. But I will explain this better in the CS thread!
Yes! That sounds awesome, I can’t wait to read it c;

Voicing my continued interest! I'll likely be getting my sheet done today or tomorrow

posted a lil' placeholder, but it shouldn't be too long before virgil's CS is finished and up! the odd skill and alignment quiz are such neat ideas, on top of everything else, and i'm so excited for this; the effort put into it all is astounding < 3

hi, reaffirming my interest! i did have some questions though,

how differently is the vices/virtues section in the nature section to be treated compared to the strengths/weaknesses in the nurture section? is it mostly just about writing it from a different view point (i am a person without a backstory on an island this is what i'll default to vs my personality is very well crafted for the situation i'm in?)

for the odd skills section, i'm a little confused on the ratings part of it. since these skills are totally new to us and unrelated/contrasting to our character's past life, are we rating the skills based on how good they suddenly are right at the bat, or how good they might have been at them if they picked them up prior to landing on the island? (or something else)

also, if our character wears glasses, is that not going to come with them to the island? would it need to be their 'favorite item' in order for it to come with them? (very minute detail but. i am curious)

interesting way to split up the personality with nature versus nurture. never seen it done with this way before! as someone who studies psych hehe, it does make sense!

if anyone is still confused, there has always been debate to whether we are predisposed with inherent traits that are wired in our brains. for example, people believe you cannot be nurtured into a psychopath it is something you’re born with. same with the innate need to help others.

nurture is all about social learning theory. which dictates we learn and grow, shaping our personalities around our interactions with the environment around us (e.g., people, traumatic events, etc.)! with more exposure to similar people/experiences these traits become more set in our personality.

thanks for attending my tedtalk I will now stop procrastinating and do my assignment before thinking of a character concept!!

Last edited:
i totally agree with what the others said, a very impressive rp concept c; i'm very excited to be making my character!

I can confirm that I am still very much interested and, whoa, I adore the detail put into the character sheet template!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back