The Hunters of Elysium[Closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! My name is Ethan, and I'm trying to run my first 100% homebrew campaign. The story goes as follows:
Our story takes place on the continent of Elysium. Elysium is almost perfectly circular, yet has a massive sea in the center, making the continent a ring. In the center of this sea are The Blessed Isles, an archipelago of islands blessed by the Lord of the Hunt, The Horned One. The Isles are dramatically different from one another: firey volcano hellscapes, frozen tundra wastelands, humid jungles of death. They all have a couple things in common, however. Inhabiting them are a wide variety of exotic plants, animals, and monsters. Anyone would pay stupid amounts of gold to either send someone there to hunt for them, or to hunt there themselves. However, The Horned One does not tolerate trespassers. Only those who have been marked by a cleric of The Horned One are allowed to venture into The Blessed Isles. Those who are not face a myriad of potential fates: a leviathan eating their ship, rotting supplies, sea storms, or even just plain bad luck.
Enter: You. You have been contacted by a noble, Sir Richard von Bartlesby. Quite the eccentric, he has offered you and several others a chance to go hunting in the Isles once a week. He will pay to have you marked, and pay for your voyage. All he asks in return is a trophy of everything you kill. He will pay you handsomely for every trophy, and what you do with the rest, well that's up to you. Will you accept his tantalizing offer...?

Going to try to balance RP and combat.

As many players as I can get are allowed, but I think I can only manage about 7.

I love homebrew. All of UA is allowed. If you have something else, ask me.

Last edited:
Heck yes I want in, also sounds like the perfect game for lizard chef!

I came up with the concept a while ago of a lizardfolk that essentially wanted to eat whatever he killed. Not just consume, but cook it a thousand different ways.

Please please please let me hunt with you!

Also very interested — the premise sounds pretty great, and I've got a bunch of homebrew and semi-official stuff I've wanted to try out for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread