• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Hunter’s Inn || OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
This is what worried me about them living outside of the city, as most of the characters are hunters and chilling at the Inn. 😅

Murdergurl Murdergurl Does have a thread set up in the Wild Lands, but I’m not sure where your character’s hut would be located. 🤔

There is a forest (Cackling Wood) not too far from Colby, maybe there would be better.

Awesome. 👍

Perhaps some of the characters might go out exploring there, or I can have the guild’s healer post an ingredient finding quest.

Yeah I was going to start a quest. But I'm going on vacation with my family next week, so I was going to wait until I get back from that and things settle down a little before starting that up

Potentially a few more characters joining soon. ☺️
Marvelous!
Its been about a week but I think itd be best if we waited another 2 or 3 days before taking action
If it happens so that particular thread dies, I'd recommend simply calling it a failed mission rather than retconning it and saying they never left in the first place. Just for continuity's sake, maybe have them get overpowered and have to evade, or perhaps the shrine was too overrun and so the group would have to backtrack, (put a red dragon sticker on it or up the difficulty) and potentially enlist more guild members (that way the mission could possibly be attempted again if Floof returns.)

Marvelous!

If it happens so that particular thread dies, I'd recommend simply calling it a failed mission rather than retconning it and saying they never left in the first place. Just for continuity's sake, maybe have them get overpowered and have to evade, or perhaps the shrine was too overrun and so the group would have to backtrack, (put a red dragon sticker on it or up the difficulty) and potentially enlist more guild members (that way the mission could possibly be attempted again if Floof returns.)
I’d have to take a vote from the other players on that one

Maybe wait a couple more days. I'm a little torn between just reconning it or calling it a loss.
Guess I probably lean more towards calling it a loss. Can always get some character development out of that I suppose

Unlike Adolphus, Stan stroked, prodded and picked at various flowers and shrubbery as they delved deeper into the Wild Lands. He tucked a bright red bloom behind one of his ears, simply because it matched his shirt.

This is why Stan's characterization makes me smile. Here we have a party traversing an icky forest/swamp and the bard stops to collect flowers to see what complements with what he wears.

Maxxob Maxxob Hey, is Orlais a place that anyone from Hartland would know about? Since it's a place of your making, I wanted to know if you'd be okay with anyone knowing about it or being able to recognize/understand a little bit of Pierre's lingo. if you want to go the obscure route, that's entirely fine, too. I just really like the idea that because he's a foreigner, the tenor of his mood is reflected in his speech patterns... almost always related to romance. 😂

(Ok do I introduce my character or just wait?)
This is what worried me about them living outside of the city, as most of the characters are hunters and chilling at the Inn. 😅

Murdergurl Murdergurl Does have a thread set up in the Wild Lands, but I’m not sure where your character’s hut would be located. 🤔

There is a forest (Cackling Wood) not too far from Colby, maybe there would be better.
Yeah, I gotta say that making characters that stay out of the city and take issue with other races/hunters makes it exceedingly difficult to integrate them.
But I'm patient. Doesn't seem like a lot is going on anyway, so I can totally bide my time until a good opportunity or just the right kind of other PC joins in. No biggee

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back