• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Hunter’s Inn || OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
See, I said this, and then immediately afterwards I included a third god in my most recent post :angrypuff: Zivilyn, for reference, is the true neutral god of wisdom.

😂😂😂 LOLLLL I'll add it to the list on this page. I had just closed this tab to read the post and saw Zivilyn and came back! It's all good! <3

Also Pokeking Pokeking if you don't mind my asking -- and forgive me if it's insensitive -- but is Xenophon bisexual? I noticed that he obviously has feelings for this other fellow from his homeland, but in an earlier narrative, he mentioned the possibility of being with a woman. I was just curious is all! :csmile:
I don't mind answering. Xen being curious of being with a woman? I dont recall such a post but sorry if there was confusion.

Xen has the eye for males only. Same sex relations aren't common but not unheard of. The marriage ceremony is the same and no one thinks differently. Both bride and groom are given away by their mothers. If not mother, then father. If not father then a suitable role model. His brother Altair was given away by their mother Naomi. Since both Lady Carmina's parents were deceased, Ovid gave her away because of his status as teacher and physician.

There were some human men Xen was attracted to back home but held back because he didn't want to freak them out. He also didn't mention his feelings to Telemachus because he didn't want to cause a conflict of interest since Xen's father is Tele's boss.

PS Anyone catch the pun? If we do an amalgamation of their names like one does with celebrity names, you get Telephone. Sorry, it just worked like that. The Odyssey is my favorite story in Greek mythology.

I don't mind answering. Xen being curious of being with a woman? I dont recall such a post but sorry if there was confusion.

Xen has the eye for males only. Same sex relations aren't common but not unheard of. The marriage ceremony is the same and no one thinks differently. Both bride and groom are given away by their mothers. If not mother, then father. If not father then a suitable role model. His brother Altair was given away by their mother Naomi. Since both Lady Carmina's parents were deceased, Ovid gave her away because of his status as teacher and physician.

There were some human men Xen was attracted to back home but held back because he didn't want to freak them out. He also didn't mention his feelings to Telemachus because he didn't want to cause a conflict of interest since Xen's father is Tele's boss.

PS Anyone catch the pun? If we do an amalgamation of their names like one does with celebrity names, you get Telephone. Sorry, it just worked like that. The Odyssey is my favorite story in Greek mythology.
I feel like I'm spamming OOC by constant replies so sorry but:
I love everything about this. From Xen being unsure about human relationships to how well laid out the nuptials are. <3
And Telephone. Definitely Telephone. 😂

Xenophon's attention wavered at the oak board because he noticed another new arrival. It was a woman with white hair speaking with Stan. His thoughts turned again to logistics. It was a byproduct of reading his father's reports and his employment as a magistrate's clerk. Where are we all to sleep again? Will we need to draw lots? Will I be asked to bunk in the same room as a woman? I guess if room is in short supply, I could ask to sleep in the stable or even right here. Xen liked beds but he was willing to make a sacrifice if needed. I am a son of Calix after all and I am certainly not a child anymore. The wheels inside his head were halted by music and his eyes latched onto Stan. No, not in that way. I'm not here for love. I'd dishonor Altair and I gave my word to Mistress Beryl. If romantic companionship is to be had, it is not within these walls. Never within these walls. Love can lead duty astray.
Pokeking Pokeking It was this paragraph that confused me -- so sorry! I think I just misread the thought narrative here 😅

I love how much you've developed the world that Xen is from! I always say that the more detailed a backstory is, the easier it is to write for the character :csmile:

Also, while we're speaking on puns, Fain's name is actually a reference to the word "feign" based on her changeling abilities ^_^ It's also apparently a real name, which means "joyful"...but that's neither here nor there with her character, hahaha

If we're speaking of names...Meg comes from nutmeg because Cook would call her "my little nut."

I'm terrible at naming characters. Hence 'Cook' and 'Barkeep.'

Its okay to be awful at names, lol all o your characters are fantastic and memorable, part of that is because of their names, actually!

But also memeing aside: Thank you guys for clarifying! So...

Henra Worship (Nature, Man and Beasts??)
Primordial Flame of the Minotaurs
Adolphus's Faith (Militant)
Paladin Deity (WIll have to look further at this one for deets)
Heilang (Possibly)
Leira (C/N Deity of Illusion)
Cyric (C/E Deity of Lies)
Zivilyn (Neutral Wisdom)

I'm looking at these and they seem to make for an actually pretty decent cohesive pantheon, despite the fact that most of them are completely unrelated. Absent a love deity and a death deity, the six or seven already mentioned are pretty interesting. Also this is just an observation, not a statement as to whether or not more should be added. Only adding these for posterity for lore purposes and will continue to jot them down as needed! <3

I am cooking up the details of the Miracle as we go, but you got a perfect bulls-eye with that description. But a central idea is of an intervening deity (which explains the Order's spells), which demands exclusive worship.

I am cooking up the details of the Miracle as we go, but you got a perfect bulls-eye with that description. But a central idea is of an intervening deity (which explains the Order's spells), which demands exclusive worship.
Got it! Militant + Monotheist added to description!

Oli Beju Oli Beju and soulofeden soulofeden Thank you. Xen is one of my more newer characters relatively speaking. I first starred as him in a storyline on another board which is alluded to in my first post of the storyline Several elements of his lore have been developed after that board closed up. I've done canon-wielding since King Jojin and Dreema are the latest versions of a character and setting that I thought of over 20 years ago when I was in high school. Back then, I was crazy about centaurs. They are still cool but I was putting them in places, such as airships, where their bodies were too cumbersome to function.

I have added an intro post to the Ruins of Bal'dak Thread, so this group are welcome to move on over to there once they are ready.

I'm wondering if Calixto and Arthagus (unknowingly) wander into the Wild Lands and eventually end up sticking with the Ruins group for safety? Perhaps they are attacked by something and the group come to their aid? 🤔

I have added an intro post to the Ruins of Bal'dak Thread, so this group are welcome to move on over to there once they are ready.

I'm wondering if Calixto and Arthagus (unknowingly) wander into the Wild Lands and eventually end up sticking with the Ruins group for safety? Perhaps they are attacked by something and the group come to their aid? 🤔
I am all for this idea

I have so many continuity errors in my post. Tell me to fix it and I'll try.

Unless she sees Saen before the ruins group leaves, Meg'll go farming.

I'm down for this too! Should we go ahead and start posting in the new threads, then?

Yes, when you're ready do jump in. 😊

I'll set the scene for the Holes group shortly, just had some work to catch up on.

So it'll be: Ramirez, Percival and Meg for that quest (and possibly Ivan & Saen, but I haven't seen them in a week or so, so I'm not sure).

Genii Genii Question. If Meg's lived in Colby, while working at a smaller tavern, then would she know the farmer? As in, to get food it'd be more likely for it to be direct, instead of going to the market daily.

It just occurred to me.

Genii Genii Question. If Meg's lived in Colby, while working at a smaller tavern, then would she know the farmer? As in, to get food it'd be more likely for it to be direct, instead of going to the market daily.

It just occurred to me.
It’s likely the farmer (and his son, who they’ll meet at the farm) may have been to the tavern where Meg worked - either to make a delivery or have a drink. Giles junior might recognise her.

It’s likely the farmer (and his son, who’ll they meet at the farm) may have been to the tavern where Meg worked - either to make a delivery or have a drink. Giles junior might recognise her.
Okay. I was just replying and wondered. I'll have her greet him, but not know him well. Thanks.

I just want to point out that the post I just made kind of presupposes that everyone has already left the Tavern. Just kind of assumed everyone had already bounced to their designated mission threads. > w <)/

I also like this. I'm currently online and will post soon.

Just so everyone knows, I'm going to retcon how Xen's belongings are arranged because I am shy about using hammerspace. I thought abut this logically (I love logic BTW and took two classes in college). I have said that the holster on his back contains the two halves of the baxtrix. However, I thought of where the sheath (akin to a backpack) holding the lyre should be and thought that would probably be on his back also. They both can't be on his back. Thus the retcon. So the lyre sheath (interior lined with wool) will be on his back. The holster will be strapped to his waist with a slot on each side for the two halves. The messenger bag will be unchanged: shoulder strap is on his right shoulder with the bag against his left leg. A little bulkier for now since his cloak is in there addition to his parchment scrolls, tablet to provide a stable surface for the parchment, inkwells, and pens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back