• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Hunter’s Inn || OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
to be honest i prefer Lemegeton or Lemegeton Clavicula Salomonis as it should be called.
If I'm not mistake, I think the ars goetia is a part of the Lemegeton Clavicula Salomonis, considering that the ars goetia is derived from the lesser key of solomon. Generally, I'm a big fan of Salomonic magick and its classification of demons :]

well yes its kinda the same, but Ars Goetia has like 3 versions and the differences are in names and rankings mostly.
so when i say Lemegeton i refer mostly to the original Ars Goetia.

well yes its kinda the same, but Ars Goetia has like 3 versions and the differences are in names and rankings mostly.
so when i say Lemegeton i refer mostly to the original Ars Goetia.
Ah, I see! Well, it's nice to know someone who knows about demonology and the occult to some level :]

Ah, I see! Well, it's nice to know someone who knows about demonology and the occult to some level :]
Well i have a full shelf of occult stuff ranging from Lemegeton, through Lexica Magicae [which is such an old book that you cant even buy it on the internet, they don't print it anymore, the worst part its written all in latin no translations, i especially learned latin to read this book.], 3 tome compendium on witchcraft, Phantasmagoria [its just myths, legends, and monsters from around the world], then i have a few about alchemy and 2 about sanguimancy/blood magic.

Well i have a full shelf of occult stuff ranging from Lemegeton, through Lexica Magicae [which is such an old book that you cant even buy it on the internet, they don't print it anymore, the worst part its written all in latin no translations, i especially learned latin to read this book.], 3 tome compendium on witchcraft, Phantasmagoria [its just myths, legends, and monsters from around the world], then i have a few about alchemy and 2 about sanguimancy/blood magic.
That is really interesting! I've always been fascinated by the occult to some capacity. I've actually considered looking into various grimoires when I'm older. What put you on this path? Are there any denominations of magick you are most interested in? Pardon all the questions btw, I'm just really enamoured by all of this :]

That is really interesting! I've always been fascinated by the occult to some capacity. I've actually considered looking into various grimoires when I'm older. What put you on this path? Are there any denominations of magick you are most interested in? Pardon all the questions btw, I'm just really enamoured by all of this :]
I just love the occult, I can't really pinpoint the moment when the love started but I can say some examples which stirred me towards it.
  • Found a fairy ring a few times in a forest near my house.
  • Heard myths and legends about the area I live in like the story of the white lady. [Literally, a white lady clothed in white, the only thing not white are her scarlet eyes, she guides the lost people to safety but if someone looks into her eyes she will lead them into danger.]
  • Read H.P. Lovecraft
  • Played a lot of fantasy games and always played with magic.
  • John Constantine. just yeah!
  • Just the idea of magic is great for me.
I like all kinds of magic, well maybe except religious magic you know the one where you need to be given it by god and do gods work to use it, so I just kinda hate white magic and holy magic.
Necromancy, Shamanism, Druidic, Sanguimancy, Golemancy and Alchemy are my favourite kinds of magic for all of them have a deep meaning.
Necromancy and Shamanism have meaning with spirits and the dead. Druidic and Sanguimancy are related to life in a way, Druidic uses life in plants and animals, Sanguimancy uses the lifeblood, literally the life which is in the blood. Golemancy and Alchemy have ways of creating life, as well as changing it.

Maybe we can borrow some of these myths and monsters for the quests. :)

Is it ok if I forward any magic questions on to you and CalamityQueller CalamityQueller ? I don't know much about it myself. 😅
🙈

Is it ok if I forward any magic questions on to you and CalamityQueller CalamityQueller ? I don't know much about it myself. 😅
🙈
i would say sure, i will become Magic Answer Man, in short MAM.
and for the quests don't worry just hit me up sometime when you don't have an idea and i will serve you with a few examples.

🙈
Oh absolutely! I'm a mythology buff through and through, and I adore magick and the occult. If there is anything I can do to help, I'd love to do that :]

Oh yeah, would you like to get started on the monster compendium? I suggested the idea a little while back. I'd be happy to help set it up and work on the various creatures!

Oh absolutely! I'm a mythology buff through and through, and I adore magick and the occult. If there is anything I can do to help, I'd love to do that :]

Oh yeah, would you like to get started on the monster compendium? I suggested the idea a little while back. I'd be happy to help set it up and work on the various creatures!
considering i have like 4/5 tomes on monsters/demons/fae/undead/beasts/abomination/eldritch that monster compendium would be larger. the hard part would be the art for them or physical descriptions for them. but its doable

Oh, yes please. Only if you want to and have the time though. 😁<3

I'm currently getting some work done, but will do a post later.
I'd be happy to start working on the ideas! I'll start writing up stuff now and I'll probably work on my second oc for this rp :]

Megilagor Megilagor Do you have any ideas or suggestions for creatures you'd like to see? I'm thinking of having it certain entries be mysterious. I'd like to have certain weaknesses found out through exploring/player discovery. So the compendium will update over time.

I'd be happy to start working on the ideas! I'll start writing up stuff now and I'll probably work on my second oc for this rp :]

Megilagor Megilagor Do you have any ideas or suggestions for creatures you'd like to see? I'm thinking of having it certain entries be mysterious. I'd like to have certain weaknesses found out through exploring/player discovery. So the compendium will update over time.
yeah i like the idea.
Like most common creatures will already be in the compendium, and the rarer ones will have less and less info to the point of just having a name and some rumors of it.
and about ideas/suggestions about certain creatures i have a few ideas, but its mostly about fae , undead and abominations that come to mind.
and of course having a page or two about the friendly or neutral monsters, like Grims [Big Black Dogs who appear at night to guard graves, and if needed kill the thieves/vandals/witches/warlocks who dare disrespect the place.], or Pechs cheeky little buggers who are as old as time itself, usually one must feed it first then give it something it likes and then depending on its mood it will give that someone something [A stick, a gem, a brand new sword, some magical artifact, a literal corpse, anything really], but if they deem the person unworthy or disrespectful well then a curse goes onto them, or something is taken from them. [examples. You were ambidexterous, now your not. You wanted to kill him well now you feel the pain you deal upon others on yourself. and etc.]

Last edited:
It would be cool to, like, contribute future monsters and dungeon ideas into potential quest topics, so it's like a cycling idea circle where everyone's thoughts will come into play for the RP at some point.

I'm dreaming big rn =D

yeah i like the idea.
Like most common creatures will already be in the compendium, and the rarer ones will have less and less info to the point of just having a name and some rumors of it.
and about ideas/suggestions about certain creatures i have a few ideas, but its mostly about fae , undead and abominations that come to mind.
and of course having a page or two about the friendly or neutral monsters, like Grims [Big Black Dogs who appear at night to guard graves, and if needed kill the thieves/vandals/witches/warlocks who dare disrespect the place.], or Pechs cheeky little buggers who are as old as time itself, usually one must feed it first then give it something it likes and then depending on its mood it will give that someone something [A stick, a gem, a brand new sword, some magical artifact, a literal corpse, anything really], but if they deem the person unworthy or disrespectful well then a curse goes onto them, or something is taken from them. [examples. You were ambidexterous, now your not. You wanted to kill him well now you feel the pain you deal upon others on yourself. and etc.]
Yes! Exactly! As the players explore and encounter more creatures, they learn more about the monsters that inhabit this world. It could help drive exploration and creativity when encountering monsters!
Ooh! I thought of that. A world that is overtly hostile and has no safety eventually wears the player out, so having some creatures who will help or are generally not malicious makes things more fun. I do remember hearing of Grims before. That idea always stuck with me for some reason.
Do you think it would be fun to allow people to partake in spirit keeping Genii Genii ? If so, I think that would be a fun idea. Although, players who wish to partake in such activities would have to be careful. They might get tricked by malicious entities using the guise of friendly spirits.

It would be cool to, like, contribute future monsters and dungeon ideas into potential quest topics, so it's like a cycling idea circle where everyone's thoughts will come into play for the RP at some point.

I'm dreaming big rn =D
Good idea! We could each have like a little weekly activity where we submit the skeleton for a quest! It allows us all to get involved :]

but still the worst/best idea i have is Raggamoffyn's essentially clothes that wear you and control you and in case you die they just move onto the next host.

ok i need to read what was posted and make my opening post

I'm dreaming big rn =D
Yes of course.

I was imagining we could take it in turns hosting the quests/playing the monsters. If anyone had the time to commit to that anyways. 😊 👍

Genii Genii . I have a question. Percival spotted a portly man who is possibly the Inn's cook and I had Xen salute him in thanks. He seems to be a separate NPC character. Does he have a name? I'm curious in case anymore interact with him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back