• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Hunter’s Inn || Monster Hunting RP [OPEN]

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Something suddenly caught Percival’s attention, the shrill whinny of horse outside. It was scarcely audible over the constant chatter in the hall, but he recognised it instantly.

“Please forgive me-“ He hastily apologised to Ivan and Ramirez, almost walking into Beryl again as he began to back away. “I completely forgot about Sam.”

Sam was the name of Percival’s horse. A tired, hungry horse that he’d left tethered to a post outside. He was intending to ask if there was a stable at the inn, but he soon got distracted.

Percival

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo

"Oh you have a mount too? I can show ya where the stable block is if ya like, got my sweet lady Thunder in em." Ramirez patted Percys back as he clomped after him. "So what breed are they?" He asked excitedly, clearly liking animals.

Location - Heading to the stables.
Genii Genii

Percival led Ramirez outside though the Inn’s front doors. The sky had turned a peachy-pink colour as the sun was beginning to set for the day, but the cobbled streets were still busy as ever with people and carts passing by.

“Yes, this is Sam.” Percival told Ramirez as they approached a rather proud looking horse in fancy tack. It was slim built with a tightly braided mane, and a metallic brownish grey coat.

“She’s an Abhasvara-“ The teen continued as he unhitched the animal. “... not really bred for long journeys, but she did well to get us here.” And safely too, despite multiple breaks.

“I’m sure she’d be happy of Lady Thunder’s company. What breed is she?” If Percival had to guess, it was probably something big if it had to carry Ramirez and that humongous sword around.

Percival

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo

((Stables would be around back in the yard. 😊))

Ramirez eyed the horse amazed Percy had even managed the trip, wasnt much of a war horse...maybe a racer. "Hmm? Sam? Cute name that. Thunder? Oh shes a Greater Draft Land Dragon." Ramirez waved a hand as he lead the pair round the back to the cobble yard, the stables surround the courtyard part with roomy looking stalls, a storage shed of tack and food.

The horse like head of the tusked work dragon curiously peered down from the stall window, the soft pink nose wiggled and gave a snort as she curiously looked at the slim horse.

Location - Stables
Genii Genii

“It’s short for Samira… gentle breeze.” Percival gave the horse a fond stroke as he pulled her along after Ramirez. He took in the view of the large courtyard and the stable blocks that surrounded it.

“… land dragon?” Percy had never heard of such a breed, he was eager to meet the horse… although he soon discovered Thunder wasn’t a horse at all.

“Great heavens!” The teen flinched as Ramirez’s peculiar steed snorted, spooking Sam. She squealed and stomped on the cobblestones, but Percival soon had her under control again. “I’ve never seen such a beast.”

Percival

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo

"she's no beast." Ramirez reached up to pet the nose as Thunder lowered her head down. "She's the biggest softy you'll ever meet. Loves her carrots." The hunter went to the shed to get a bale of hay for Samira's stall. "Pick which ever empty one you want, I'll show you where all the tools and supplies are. If you wanna take em out to graze you'll have to just ride em out, don't av a feild ere...well as far as I know." He shrugged, making his blade clank against the cobbles.

Genii Genii

“I’m sorry. I meant no offence.” Percival apologised and bowed to the impressive creature. “Lady Thunder.” If Ramirez hadn’t explained that the tusked creature was friendly, he’d have crossed the yard already.

Sam was still uneasy and hesitant to enter as she was led into the next stall.

“Tools and supplies? Y-you mean there isn’t a stablehand here?” Other than riding and a few dressage tricks, Percival didn’t have a clue when it came to horse maintenance.

Once Sam was sorted, he went to get a closer look at Thunder. “Where did you find her?”

Percival

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo

"Bought her from a land dragon ranch, needed a good working breed." Ramirez fetched a feeding net to hang in Sam's stall and fetched a pail to fill her water trough.

Thunder sniffed Percy, her skin was like a soft suede while the hard scale like plates guarded her vital spots. She nuzzeled wanting to be pet, her thick dragon tail wagging behind her.

Location Yard / Stables
Genii Genii

Percival laughed as he was nudged and sniffed at by the Land Dragon’s big snout. He reached up to scratch Thunder under the chin.

“A ranch? You can buy them? Don’t let my Father find out. He’ll want one for every Knight in Renton.” Percy laughed as he peered over the stall, trying to get a better look at the wingless dragon.

Sam was pulling out hay from the feeding net before Ramirez had even finished hanging it up. The horse seemed a lot happier now that she was fed and watered.

“I’ve never seen anything like her.” Not that Percy got out much. “-back home that is. Where did you say you hailed from?”

Percival

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo

"Oh? Telania, bit of a treck from here....and a boat ride...." he shivered "aye now lady, hold ya...horses eh?" He chuckled as he fought to get the net hooked up for her. "Bet you want a good brushing eh?" He petted sam gently.

Thunder purrred loudly at the fussin, stomping her feet happily.

“Sounds familiar.” Percival mused, referring to Telania. Probably saw it written down on a map somewhere. It wasn’t in this continent, that’s for sure.

Samira nickered and jerked her head up and down, almost like she was nodding, though she probably couldn’t understand what Ramirez was saying.

“What made you want to come here?” The teen side-stepped so that he could see into both stalls. “Why did you want to become a hunter?”

Percival

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo

Ramirez fetched a brush and leant over Percy to unlatch Thunders stall door, the dragon clomping out and giving percy a hug with its forearms.

"Well I was a hunter for the Hunts Clan back home, very serious lot, more a military than hunters. I started to disagree with their focus on money over helping folk. Couldnt let more small villages being raized ta the ground slip by no more... and well...ere we elp anybody. Even if pay is food or some other neat item. Though the boss still prefers da gold." He chuckled as he started brushing the horse, making sure to follow the flow of her fur.

"soooo what bout you? You seem pretty well off to wanna join a rag tag guild like this one?"

Location Stables
Genii Genii

Ramirez received no complaints from Sam as he brushed her fine coat. She even returned the gesture by reaching back and nibbling at the man’s hair.

“Easy girl…” Percival stood his ground as Thunder approached. He may have nervously gulped as she loomed overhead and embraced him. The dragon wasn’t being aggressive, but her size alone was intimidating. Eventually he relaxed and smiled. “… this is nice.”

The teen petted Thunder as he listened to Ramirez talk. It seemed he and Percival had similar reasons for wanting to join the Guild.

“I thought I could do more good here… atone for my forefathers dereliction of duty…” Percival said before realising how solemn he sounded.

“-and I wanted to see the world I suppose.” Unshackled and sincere. “-and the monsters and foul beasts that terrorise the north.”

Percival

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo

Ramirez chuckled as he was groomed back, "oh wishing to buck tradition then? Good on ya lad, if ya need any help do let me know ok? We all got watch others backs ere." He rumages about and got a hoof pick, gently running his hand down the horses leg and lifting it. "Goll my lady, you picked up a lot of stones there. " he starting hooking out the stones.

Thunder at this point was lifting percy up in the hug before setting him down and she sat back on her haunches, looking like a cow had been crossed with a dragon.

location - Stable
Genii Genii

This Buck was definitely shirking tradition.

“Thank you, S-sir.” Percival managed to say as he dangled in Thunder’s embrace. “I think she likes me.” He said once his metal boots were safely on the ground again.

“I’ll be sure to bring along some carrots on my next visit.” The teen promised, smiling at the dragon as she sat down. “Or turnips perhaps?”

“What are you doing there?” Percival asked as he watched the Hunter hard at work.

Percival

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo

"Told you she's a softy " ramirez chuckled as the land dragon purred pleased with her new friend.
"What am I doing? Im cleaning her feet, horses will pick up mud, stones and glass under here so you use dis ere tool to scrap it out. Gets mighty uncomfortable for em, ya see its like trying to walk with a stone in yur boot." He pointed out under sam hoof. "See with the shoe its easier for stuff to get stuck in there, be gentle though as this part of the hoof is softer and this lump ere is called the frog." Ramirez explained happily

Location stables
Genii Genii

“Frog? What a funny thing to call them.” Percival smiled as he looked down at the lump on the base of Sam’s foot. The horse snorted, as if offended somehow.

“You’re certainly knowledgeable when it comes to horses. I’m afraid, other than riding, I’m rather ignorant on the subject.” He was embarrassed to admit. “Perhaps you could give me a few pointers… if it’s not too much trouble of course.”

Percival

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo

"Pff cos it looks like a squat frog that why." He set the horses leg down. "I just like animals is all, always got on with em better than people. Moat think I'm scary." He sighed and continued cleaning the hooves.

Thunder had sat behind Percy seeming to be glad she didnt need horse shoes as she watched the grooming.

"Happy ta give any pointers...guess you...were used to having a stable hand then? To do this stuff for ya?"

location - stables
Genii Genii

“I understand.” Percival could relate to that. He spent a lot of time with Samira, avoiding people and his responsibilities.

“Well, I’m not afraid of you.” He smiled as Ramirez continued to groom Sam. “… perhaps they’re just wary of that colossal sword you carry? That thing must weigh a tonne.” The teen’s longsword looked like a twig in comparison.

“Something like that.” Percival carefully answered Ramirez’s question. “It hadn’t occurred to me that I would need to care for her myself… but she’s my responsibility now, so I’d be most grateful for your tuition.”

Percival

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo

"All work animals need fair care, they av feelins too." He smiled and unsheathed the slab of metal. "Wanna try lifting it?" He offered setting it down with an ringing clang!

Genii Genii

“May I?” Percival said, heading over with an ecstatic grin. He unclipped the leather scabbard from his belt and passed it to Ramirez for safekeeping. It housed an ornate silver long sword with a leaping deer etched on the hilt.

The teen stretched his arms, neck and shoulders first before reaching down to try lifting up Ramirez’s plank of a sword.

“Uh… m-mercy!“ Percy huffed out as he heaved up one end. Yep. Just as heavy as he’d imagined.

Percival

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo

"Be sure to use your knees now, don't wanna urt ya back." Ramirez proded playfully, gently unshesthing the fine longsword to admire it. "A very fine blade you have there. Dread to think of its cost." He sheathed it and plodded over to lift his own sword up single handed, passing back Percival's.

He lead Thunder back into her stall and latched it. "Cmon best get the crew together."

Genii Genii

“It was a gift.” Percival said as he faffed about trying to reattach his scabbard. “-from my mentor.” Just like his armour, Percy had no clue about the sword’s monetary value, or the cost of most things for that matter.

He ran back to give Sam a peck on the cheek and bowed to Thunder before catching up with Ramirez.

“Oh wait, I must inform Lady Wright about our quest-“ He gestured to the woman in question as he spotted her across the yard. “I think you’ll like her… she’s a Paladin.” The teen chatted as he made his way over.

Percival

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo CalamityQueller CalamityQueller

Last edited:

Long Way Back From Hell

Danzig

Yard

interactions

Genii Genii (Percy), Gwenymoo Gwenymoo (Ramirez)

As conversations went on, both inside and out, Alienor had taken to sparring with a practice dummy, working on honing her adeptness with her weapons. She had let most time slip between her grasp, focusing on the task at hand. At this point, she had decided to shed the cloak and the hat while practising to beat out any heat.

Her ears pricked at the mention of her name. Her eyes quickly began to scan for the source until they finally settled on Percival and another person, a hunter no doubt. Very well, she would go and greet them.

The dhampir swept up her cloak and hat and donned them again, making a swift and silent approach towards the two. She gave the other hunter a lookover. He looked capable. The great sword he carried spoke of that.

"You called my name?" she asked Percival. She then turned to the other hunter. "Alienor Wright, it is a pleasure to meet you." She held her hand out to greet him.

Alienor Wright

♡design by sirnateunknown, coded by uxie♡

"coming through!" a voice pierced through the many talking voices as if used to doing so. In his arms he carried hands full of freshly made dishes that sent the delicious smells of each meal wafting through the air and filling the guild with mouth watering scents. Ruvu weaved his small body expertly through the crowds of people, proudly placing dishes at the tables of those who ordered them, each customer practically drooling by the time they got it.

Colin was a great chef, and his many arms made him efficient in the kitchen, but ever since Ruvu has been helping their sales had increased, even outsiders tried to sneak in a meal or two before they were eventually kicked out for not being an actual guild member. Of course the first few times Ruvu had snuck in the kitchen to cook he had quickly been kicked out, but after showing both his skills and refusal to leave or give up they had let him help out when he wasn't out on missions. Of course they refused to let him server any of his new monster related dishes he had been trying out, no matter how good he insured they tasted.

with every plate passed out he quickly popped his head towards the bar keep, Barry,
"any orders for me Barry or from my secret menu that I defiantly don't have?" of course he had snuck a menu or two of his monster dishes around, most times they were found and thrown out, but he was sure one of these days someone would order them, and surely they would let him cook them if there was a paying customer buying them, right?
Genii Genii and anyone still at the bar

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back