• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Hunter’s Inn || Monster Hunting RP [OPEN]

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

Long Way Back From Hell

Danzig

Guild Hall

The dhampir smiled and took the drink. In her periphery, she noticed Percival with the bard. She decided to make her approach toward the two, Dragon's Fire in hand. Perhaps they could make a toast to their newfound status within the Hunter's Guild.

"How about a toast to becoming hunters, Percival?" She suggested with a little grin, holding her own glass of alcohol up for a toast. "You are also welcome to join in, bard," she added, turning her attention to Stan.

Perhaps it was something within the Inn that made her feel a little more social. The atmosphere was practically buzzing with life. The paladin turned to the rest of the adventurers and spoke again, "Actually, how about we all have a toast together. The new, the old, the young, old, human or not. Let us toast to whatever brought us all here. Skål!" With that, Alienor raised her glass and downed the drink. It had a pleasant burn to it as it went down that made her tongue tingle for more, but she would abstain. She knew what liquid courage could do to her should she go too far.

Alienor Wright

♡design by sirnateunknown, coded by uxie♡

Reegan covered his ears just a little bit after the guild master, Beryl, rasied her voice in a commanding way to the new comers. He grumbled a little, itching both his Elven and Human ear in slight frustration as her booming voice affected his senstivie hearing. After removing the cloth from around his mouth one more time to chug down the rest of the tankards contents, he'd place it back down on the bar top with a content sigh.

'Loud.. The old lady sure does like to shout at the newbies. Maybe that's her way of scaring them into signing up.' He'd think, snickering slightly with a mischievous smile as he thought of Beryl and her tactics on recruitment. He turned his head in their direction, watching intently along with a few others as they followed the master to a larger table.

Suddenly feeling boredom kicking in from the loud atmosphere, Reegan placed his hand on the bar, using it to push himself up and off of the bar stool. He'd place both hands into his pockets, and starting with his right foot, would make a walk for the exit, the red heads back being slightly hunched over as he did so. "'Scuse me, pardon me" Reegan would say as the packed environment caused him to shift around others before finally reaching his destination - the yard.

The cool, refreshing wind hit his skin in contrast to the previously warm tavern air, his hot breath causing condensation to form in the air with each and every finished cycle of oxygen intake. 'Ahh, fresh air. It's much quieter out here.' The half-elf thought, the clashing of swords chiming in the background as well as people relaxing or in the middle of a training/work out session. Taking his sheathed swords, he would place them on the ground next to him and begin a set of stretches to warm up his body, the male trying to touch the floor from the right side of his body, only to follow through with the left shortly after.

Reegan Bazelgeuse
Location - The yard

Beryl gave scrutinising glances to all the newcomers as they approached. It seemed there were a few beast-folk among them, which didn’t bother the Half-orc in the slightest. As long as they didn’t eat one another in the night, she didn’t see an issue.

Stan the bard, a fair-haired human with an obnoxiously patterned shirt (unbuttoned to show a bit of man-cleavage), was setting out opened scrolls on the table. He also produced a quill and a pot of blood-red ink. Perhaps it was blood?

“Ain’t no fancy speeches or ceremony-” Beryl said, with a confident smile behind two protruding tusks. “-sign your name on the dotted line. If you can’t write, just a mark’ll do.”

“After that you’ll officially be part of the Guild, and permitted to join your fellow Hunters on quests.” She slowly paced the lineup, getting a closer look at everybody. “You’ll get a bed, free food and drink… the finest healt-”

The Guild Master had stopped next to Percival. The teen tried not to look at her, as she gave him a long hard stare - perhaps deciding if he was old enough. The girl wearing a bow behind him looked pretty young too (Rinzi).
Dotted lines...She knew about dotted lines! Literally waiting for everyone else to read and sign their names, she quietly stepped along and crossed her arms, nervously pacing in a circle as she didn't really have anything to pass the time with. A kendama would be nice right about now.
When Beryl didn’t say anything for what felt like an age, Percy caved under the pressure and awkwardly announced, “… it’s my birthday today.”
Gasp.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" She quickly cheered out for literally the rest of the bar to hear.

"Ahem. Sir."

She nearly forgot the formalities. Silly her. Aside from the boisterous comment from Rinzi, she gave him a polite smile and was quick to seclude herself to reading upon the contract's contents.

...Resurrection?

Woah...Were these the mystic arts Rinzi had been so far behind on? She needed to catch up with the times.

Y.

Regardless, she signed her name in a slick cursive that took inspiration from calligraphy. A very flowy signature, for sure, as Rinzi quickly bowed her head and paced herself toward the bar with a soft huff. Maybe she'd find a good direction here; it was already rough trying to find someone to talk to.

Someone like Rinzi definitely didn't belong here.

Cyra Iduska
Location: Yard|| Interactions: Reegan ( BlackLung BlackLung )
After having been with the Hunter's Inn for as long as she had, it came as no surprise to find that it was bustling with activity by the time Dusk came back from her foraging trip. Just a fleeting glance inside through the door as it was swinging shut told her that—as much as she loved the crowded guildhall she considered home—it was more full than a dog underfoot on a feast day. She briefly considered entering anyway (if only to drop off her small bounty of plants—she'd managed to snag a jumping cactus clipping and she knew she had the perfect sand mixture for it waiting in her room), but when a loud "happy birthday" sounded through the walls of the inn, she decided against it.

Dusk shouldered her satchel and—rolling the cactus between her hands with all of the carefullness of a dragon drunk on its breath's own namesake—made her way around the building and toward the yard.

Compared to the mere hint of the guildhall she had heard, the clanging of swords and thwacking of training dummies might as well have been a gentle violin concerto. She allowed herself a moment to take it all in. It was a rather nice sight, after all... if she ignored some of the less experienced of their number from time to time. For starfall's sake, one of them almost stabbed their own eye out, they needed to be more careful

She forced a breath and resisted the urge to yell at them. They were fine. They weren't even her responsibility right now.
(Fucking hells, was that one picking an actual sharpened axe to try out for the first time instead of the training ones explicitely designed for that very purpose?)

No, she wasn't paying attention. She wasn't. Gods, she needed a distraction.

Lucky for her, a certain red-haired half elf presented the perfect one.

"Reegan!" Dusk waved a cactus-holding hand. "I've got something new to test out, would you mind sparring?" As she set her bag leaning against the side of the inn and jogged a foot or two closer, she added as an afterthought, "It's not poisonous, I promise."

Xenophon yios Calix​
Interactions: Percival and Stan ( Genii Genii )

Definitely cut from the same cloth as Father. Xenophon reflected as Beryl spoke with the recruits. My brother and I were only his sons when he was not on duty. Otherwise, I was Scribe Xenophon and brother was Lieutenant Commander Altair. Even Mother was not exempt and was Commander Naomi. That is just how Father is and how others in military roles behave if they belong to our clan or one of our vassal clans. Only under certain circumstances would this behavior be set aside and we would address each other on more familiar terms. Here, I may have to adapt. Not Beryl though. I must not address her informally. Until told otherwise, I should address her as Mistress.

Xenophon followed her to the large table where the Bard had dumped a pile of scrolls. He nearly squealed with delight. As it was, he smiled as he was taken back to the past. He had been enrolled in a royal scribe academy because he wanted to one day serve in the royal household of Jecong. It was the only place where the Jasuba dialect of Dreemlyn was taught. To use that dialect outside of the royal household was a capital offence. He gained employment soon after graduation with a magistrate's court in the capital city of Poderyn. His main role was to be a clerk and to be a translator if needed. A few times, he was ordered to serve as a bailiff to quell the unruly. His duty at the court came to an end after the magistrate had decided and his replacement decided to bring along her own staff.

Xenophon wanted to address the Bard, but the man was conversing with a young knight. There would be time to know him and he didn't want to give the appearance that his main purpose here was to play music. He snatched one of the scrolls and began to meticulously read it to make sure that he understood what was said because it was a custom ingrained into him by his training. The only time he paused was the when he read the last line. Resurrection? No. Not for me. It feels like a cheat. If I should fall, I will go to my pyre and rejoin the Primordial Flame. Occasionally, his eyes left the document to check out the other recruits to see who might need his literacy skills. Who knows who might need my help in reading or writing something.

Xenophon's head nodded sharply indicating that he had finished it and understood. He wanted to say that he brough his own pen and ink, but to mention it and use his own might offend. Using the blood-red ink might be a tradition. He signed his name in both the Cretan glyphs of his people and in Common. Once ink dried, he presented it to the bard "Here is my application", He then addressed both him and the young knight to offer his first words uttered in this establishment, "I am called Xenophon." Turning to Percival, "I wish you well on the day of your birth."

'Hmm.. Guess I'll use the training dummy for a little bit, it's better than nothing after all.' Reegan thought as he finished up the last round of his stretches, his body feeling warmed up enough to begin training. As he went to pick up the swords that sat on the grassy floor beneath him, he heard a voice call out from his right side. One that he recognized, at the very least. Turning his head, his eyes locked onto the taller elf, having to look up a little bit from her sheer height.

"Reegan! I've got something new to test out, would you mind sparring?" The voice called and as he was about to reply, she spoke once again "It's not poisonous, I promise."

'That does not reassure me.' he'd think, a concerned expression on his face for half a second as he thought of the possibility of being on the floor, coughing his guts up from poison. "It better not be, Dusk, I don't really feel like being sent to the healer right now." He'd reply half-jokingly, a clear smile through his mask confirming that. "What have you got there, anyway, some kind of cactus? Am I gonna be poked at by those spines?" Reegan continued as he put his index finger and thumb just underneath his chin. "Apologies for my lack of knowledge on plants." The half elf grinned a little, rubbing the back of his head. Reegan spoke in a slightly louder voice as the people in the background continued their spar/training.

Reegan Bazelgeuse
Location - Yard
Interactions -
BittyBobcat BittyBobcat

Barry busied himself pouring out more goblets of Dragon’s Fire for the Rookies. Just how many unfortunate souls were enlisting today? More Hunters meant more work, more dirty dishes and more mopping up. "Ugh."

He sighed grumpily as he realised all of that and pushed a drink towards Rinzi as she returned to the bar.

Barry the barman (npc)

ShredKnives ShredKnives
Tapfic Tapfic
Amebrowne Amebrowne

________

Stan seized a tankard from a Hunter who could barely stand, let alone protest, thrusting it into Percival’s hands before going in search of another.

The Teen discreetly sniffed the cup’s contents, some sort of ale? He wasn’t unfamiliar with alcohol, drinking wine most days in the feasting hall, and it was much safer to drink than water.

Percival joined the toast as the Hunters nearest Alienor gave a loud cheer after her salutations. He carefully sipped through the beer’s frothy head, earning himself a moustache.

The teen sensed a large figure approach and looked up to find Xenophon the Minotaur. He may have accidentally coughed the rest of the foam off his drink in surprise. Minotaurs weren't exactly a common sight for Percy... excluding the stuffed and mounted heads that adorned his walls back home.

“T-thank you.” Percival composed himself and gave the beast-man a polite bow. “My name is Percival… and this is Alienor Wright.” He juggled his tankard before holding out an arm to formally present the Paladin.

Percival
Stan the Bard (npc)

CalamityQueller CalamityQueller
Pokeking Pokeking

Last edited:
Ivan walks out of the guild hall to go outside for a moment. It seemed to be good weather. Now that he ate he was feeling sleepy.
"I could really go for a nap or flight right now." He wondered if he would get into trouble if he flew off for half an hour. Would they have to immediately go on a quest?

Ivan

Beryl frowned as she watched Ivan head out. The Hunter's Guild wasn't a prison, people could come and go as they pleased, but if the horny-headed hungry bloke did a runner and they ever crossed paths again she'd introduce the coward to her axe.

An Elven woman cheerily greeted Ivan as she headed into the building behind him, her arms full of glass bottles and vials. She wore a long green dress with moss and fungi growing on it, no shoes, and what looked like little wooden antlers poking out from her long blonde hair. Hannah the Healer. She was busy returning from a supply trip, but stopped in her tracks as she spotted a nervous looking stranger - Amru.

"Are you alright, Hun?" The Elf asked with a friendly smile.

Hannah the Healer

Lazaro1505 Lazaro1505

((I'll give someone else a chance to interact with Ivan. ;-) ))

Saen Mindslither

Guild hall

Saen's tail brushed ever so gently against Beryl's ankle, and the aging half-orc would hear the lamia in her mind. "Hunters it is, then, and since you were gentle enough to correct me, I shall do the same. I am no sorceress, as their powers are innate, though the nature of the source may vary. Witches like me study and observe the arcane to learn its secrets, mastering the forces of the supernatural through rigorous learning.

As for whether or not I am capable of holding my own, well, this should be sufficient demonstration of my prowess, no?"

Uncharacteristically for Beryl, the Half-orc flinched as Saen began talking to her telepathically. It only took her a second to return to her authoritative stance. She was impressed by the trick, not that she’d admit it to the stranger.

“Aye. That it is. Perhaps you can talk the monsters and demons out of eating all my Hunters.” She said, handing the snake-woman the quill and a contract. “I’ll be looking forward to seeing what else you can do.”

Beryl (npc)

redraider redraider

Long Way Back From Hell

Danzig

Guild Hall

interactions

At the mention of her name, the dhampir turned only to be met with the figure of a minotaur. Maybe she wouldn't be as out of place as she thought. She wasn't the only monster to join the ranks of the Hunter's Guild. That put her mind at ease, or perhaps it was the Dragon's Fire doing it. Alienor couldn't really tell.

"It appears I am not the only creature of the night to join the Guild. It is a pleasure to meet you, Xenophon," The paladin said with a grin, her teeth on display to the world. It may have been a careless decision, but they would have found out sooner or later. That was her rationale for her actions.

"What brings you here?" She asked, admittedly curious as to what brought the minotaur all the way here. Last she knew, they did not appear in these parts.

Alienor Wright

Barry busied himself pouring out more goblets of Dragon’s Fire for the Rookies. Just how many unfortunate souls were enlisting today? More Hunters meant more work, more dirty dishes and more mopping up. "Ugh."

He sighed grumpily as he realised all of that and pushed a drink towards Rinzi as she returned to the bar.
YES! A DRINK!

She drank it.

"Paaah!"

Damn, she drank that quick.

Be that as it may, this was a little bit troubling for her. She didn't really know how to socialize with others, so she thought the next best thing was to...Face the guy who just gave her a drink!

"Hi," She greeted with a happy little wave.

Screenshot_20220723-014612~2.png

The flames that made up his body cracked as small sparks flew, the sound of turning pages clear to those who would pass by as fierce crimson eyes focused on the contents inside of the book. The only reason that the soft, flammable paper didn't catch on fire was because of the control over his body. He's had sixty years to practice his flames not spreading to other objects, but that still doesn't reassure him of the potential fire he could cause at one simple slip of control.

The black flame spirit, also known as Akuma to the crowd of hunters, "Kuroi Hono" to monsters who knew of him and Aku to his friends, only turned his head up from the book as he watched the new comers of all shapes and races begin frantically signing the contract form to join this rag-tag group of monster slayers. With the input of a page finder being placed between the pages of the book, he would close it and place it to one side.

Akuma adjusted the tie and suit he wore, deciding to make his way over to the bar for a drink. While he couldn't drink liquids that could potentially put out his bodies fire, he could drink anything with alcohole in it, as the substance increases the flames power for a short while.. And it tastes really good. At least to Aku.

"Ah, bartender Barry, I'd like to order your strongest Alcohole if possible, please. I'm feeling rather partched at this moment." His voice was quite deep, almost vibrating the bar as he spoke, but a smile rested on his face as he politely spoke to the Dwarf behind the bar. "If you like as payment, I could possibly help you cook. They say my flames are rather hot." The male would continue as he brushed his uniform off a little and waited for the barkeeper's answer, paying little attention to the new comers as not to come off rude.

Akuma
Location - Guildhall (bar)

Bar Bing Bar
interaction: anyone really​
A tiny winged kobold basically kicked down a door bursting into the guild hall smuggly as he puffed his chest out partical proud of himself the winged lizard arrogance was palatable. “You all should be greatful to be in the presence of a true dragon now move aside all of you true heros are present and that’s Me” they’d say

Xenophon yios Calix​
Interactions: Percival ( Genii Genii ), Alienor ( CalamityQueller CalamityQueller )

I startled the human. “Sorry Percival. I have that affect on certain people.” Xenophon smiled, “At least you are meeting me instead of one of our distant brethren over in Asterion.” He decided not to go into the sordid details. “I’m an Aldebaran minotaur. That means I'm rational.” He turned to Alienor and placed his hand over his heart and bowed lightly, “It’s an honor to meet you.”

Creature of the night? His smile grew in magnitude to become an honest chortle. He didn’t mean to, but he hadn’t found anyone to share in mirth since Enrique, the man who claimed to be from the future, was his travelling companion. “Sorry. If you mean me, I’m no creature of the night. My brother Altair was one before he settled down. He was always staying out late at night going from one tavern to another with his friends. I never went out at night unless it was to go to the theater or go out an outing with….” Xenophon clamped up. He didn’t want to share that side of him so soon those he hardly knew.

Thankfully, Alienor brought up a diverting topic. “My brother. He always thought about joining the Guild., but he is certainly not able to join now. I returned home after someone took my job. It was painful because I was on my own for the first time and I enjoyed it. He suggested I go in his place because he knew I wanted to travel to other lands. Not Asterion though. Never Asterion.” He paused in disappointment before moving on to gladder subjects, "I bring my baxtrix" he tilted his head to indicate the batons in their holsters on his back, "these" and Xenophon flexed his fingers, "and those too like all males of my kind" as he pointed to the top of his head. "I do have other skills though." He didn't want people to think that all there was to him was weapons and fighting.

Last edited:
Bar Bing Bar
interaction: anyone really​
A tiny winged kobold basically kicked down a door bursting into the guild hall smuggly as he puffed his chest out partical proud of himself the winged lizard arrogance was palatable. “You all should be greatful to be in the presence of a true dragon now move aside all of you true heros are present and that’s Me” they’d say
Ivan, who was just outside the guild hall saw the tiny kobold kick down the door. He chuckled seeing the creature.
"A true what now?"

Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3

Ivan

Long Way Back From Hell

Danzig

Guild Hall

interactions

The dhampir returned the gesture, placing a hand upon her heart and bowing in respect. "The honour is mine," She said, lifting her head up. The minotaur was very respectful. Perhaps she would be able to make a new friend alongside Percival.

She began to listen to Xenophon as he talked, first laughing about her comment on creatures of the night, and then at what motivated him to come here. As she listened, she let her hand fiddle around with the grip of one of her stiletto daggers. Her hands itching to fidget with something as she stood.

"A noble cause to be here. I admire that," She stated after the minotaur had finished speaking. "Your heart is good. I can tell that much." Coming from a paladin, it was a high compliment. "Never let anything taint that. It is rarer to find pure souls these days."

Alienor Wright

Amru al-Mashi
B21CE089-0E22-4F4C-8473-C66238989576.jpeg

The Guild hall… a place completely foreign and unknown to Amru. Even when making small steps around the place like a headless viper, Amru couldn’t help but feel ‘small’ compared to everyone else here. Not I’m the physical sense that some would speak of, although, it’s clear that there are some individuals who are far larger than him over here. No, that feeling came from within. Here he was, some foreign Merchant from a distant desert land attempting to join a guild of seasoned warriors and fighters as if he actually knew how to hunt beasts. A man in his simple minded pursuit of gold so that he can provide for those back home… and yet, it was done moreso out of pity and want to become helpful instead of doing it out of his own free will.

Even with the ‘roars’ occurring nearby about some sort of contract signing, Amru was nervous about what could occur next. Would they turn him down? Would they laugh at him for having someone like him try to join their group? Or perhaps they would go ahead with him joining up with the guild? But what of then? Just what would he do afterwards? Giving a look towards the questboard, Amru only gave a small shudder as he looked at a few of the quests on there. Some of them didn’t sound pleasant at all. Amru was actually so busy thinking about his current predicament that he was surprised by the sudden voice nearby him, jolting up slightly a he turned to face the origin of the voice.

Turning to face the individual in question, Amru was met with a peculiar sight. Of course, the individual didn’t look too out of place, well, if she was outside somewhere instead of a guild full of stronger looking men and women. What did catch his attention, however, was the various amount of fungi growing along her clothes and the hornlike structure on the head. All the more peculiar and strange… Amru didn’t want to figure out what it was like having a fungus growing on your body or even clothes at that matter. But snapping back to attention, he recalled the very sentence that was said to him, the woman asking if he was alright. Physically? He was as fit as he could ever be… mentally however, he wasn’t having the best of times trying to make a final decision on the matter. Of course, he didn’t want to show weakness in the eyes of the others who are possibly judging him this very moment if they haven’t already. Giving a deep breath in before exhaling, Amru responded to Hannah

“Everything’s fine… just, new around this place and getting used to it. It’s certainly far away from the Great Desert… but uh…” Amru stopped for just a moment, taking notice of the bottles and vials within their arms. Perhaps someone who also works with medicine or powders? Maybe something along the lines of the same kind of chemicals he makes? “Are you perhaps a alchemist or herbalist by any chance? Those vials and bottles you are carrying and your… ‘attire’ seems as if you are used to working with plants and fungi, judging by how it’s growing along your clothing. But sorry if I made any misunderstandings, it’s just peculiar to see such… life living normally on another individual.” Amru said, hopefully he hadn’t said anything that would offend the very person he was talking to. Oh no… what if they were a high ranking member here? Oh dear… now this makes it all the more str- stop it Amru, get a hold of yourself. Just calm down, don’t think too much about it. Amru now stopped himself from getting too carried away within his own thoughts as he waited for a response from the woman.

Interactions: Genii Genii

Miurenere flashed an easy smile towards the bard, returning the polite nod. A wave of relief washed over her. A few feet from the inn, a large mural of 'miurmiurmiur miurmiur miur miur miur' had been scribed into the mud with a stick, at varying levels of illegibility, her practice. It had been a long time since the elf had done so much as touch a quill, but what a relief! Her signature was read, she was saved from shame, and that's all that mattered. With the high of this triumph in mind (again, the monster hunting taking a role of secondary importance, almost forgotten in her excitable brain) she turned sharply on her heel, bouncing a silken lock of hair over her shoulder, and headed to the bar.

She found herself in front of a little line of goblets, and an even littler barman. Resting her elbow upon the counter, it's height just too tall to make this a comfortable position, Miur peered down at Barry. Such a sour-faced dwarf, she thought. Though who could blame him, she would quickly sour from such a job, too. “May I steal this one?” Miur cooed, lifting the Dragon's Fire and swirling it intently, watching the liquid slosh about beneath the rim. The woman beside her had necked it with such fervour, she now had to quench her curiosity of the strange drink. It was already decided, a 'no' would do little to persuade her otherwise, but she thought it courteous to at least ask first. Her ears gave a small flicker of anticipation.

Interactions: Genii Genii

Percival wasn’t quite sure what Alienor meant by ‘creature of the night’, but assumed it had something to do with the Paladin’s sharp looking teeth.

The Teen shook his head as Xenophon apologised. “That’s quite alright.”

He looked at the Minotaur’s holsters, hands and horns as Xenophon brought them to his attention. “What kind of skills?” He curiously asked, still looking up at the man’s horns.

Percival

CalamityQueller CalamityQueller
Pokeking Pokeking

______

“Knock yerself out.” Barry said to Miurenere as she peered down at him.

“Go easy on those.” He half-heartedly warned Rinzi as she downed hers. When she cheerily chimed ‘Hi’, he just responded with a grunt.

The Dwarf poured out a drink for the elemental amongst them (Akuma). It was the same drink given to the new recruits (Dragon’s Fire), albeit a more generous measure.

“That doesn’t surprise me.” Barry muttered as the man made of flames claimed to be parched. “Hm. I expect Colin (The Cook) could use the ‘elp… what with all these new mouths ter feed.” He nodded to the rookies (Rinzi and Miurenere).

Barry (npc)

M matcha latte
BlackLung BlackLung
ShredKnives ShredKnives

_______

Hannah smiled (somewhat dotingly) for the entirely of Amru’s nervous response, briefly looking down at her mushroom speckled gown as it was mentioned.

“I dabble.” She humbly answered his first question. “My name is Hannah. I am the Guild’s Healer. What’s your name sweetheart? Are you here to enrol today?” The Elf could see a few new faces in the room, some of which were drinking… hopefully they didn’t overindulge.

Hannah (npc)

Lazaro1505 Lazaro1505

Saen nodded and signed the document with a flourish. "Thank you, Missss Beryl. And let people know, I am more than willing to teach the secretsss of the arcane to any and who wish to learn them, whether they be part of the guild or not."

With that, she turned and headed over to the bar, coiling herself up so she could just see over the top. One of the benefits of being her was always having her own seat. "Excussse me, sssir, but do you happen to have any Kalasian spicccewine?"

“Kalasian spicewine… hm, haven’t had a request fer that in a long time…” Barry went to check in the back. When he walked, he resembled a small barrel trying to tip itself over.

He soon returned with a dusty looking bottle in hand.

“Labels worn off, but the corks intact.” The Dwarf blew away some of the dust before opening and decanting some of the wine into a goblet for Saen. “‘Ope it’s not spoiled.”

Barry The Barman

redraider redraider

Xenophon yios Calix​
Interactions: Percival ( Genii Genii ), Alienor ( CalamityQueller CalamityQueller )
Mentions: Stan ( Genii Genii )

Xenophon nodded in agreement with Alienor, "Yes. A pure soul. My people believe in the Primordial Flame and that a part of that spirit dwells within all minotaurs. When we die, we rejoin the greater whole." He lamented, "Our brethren in Asterion have forgotten their way. Fire can destroy, but it can also bring comforting warmth."

Xenophon looked at Percival who was looking at him or rather at the top of his head, "I am a scribe by trade. I am not as passionate a warrior as Father and Altair, but I had a passion for reading and writing. Unless one is of high rank, most of my people don't learn how to read or write. I began my journey by reading Father's reports and copying them. My parents recognized this and planned to enroll me in a local scribe school, but I wanted to learn from a royal academy. It's the only place for those wanting to serve the crown to go. I actually met His Royal Dream Master, King Jojin, a few years back when he visited the academy to address me and my fellow graduates. He's a strong advocate of literacy. I was the only minotaur in a class of about 130 scribes." Until he entered the academy, he had rarely seen a human since few desired to visit the Aldebaran region. "Once I graduated, I remained in the capital city. In a sea of humans, the only minotaur I saw during my stay there was my own reflection." Companionship on a romantic level was nearly nonexistent. "I've brought a few scrolls of parchment, inkwells, and pens if anyone needs my services."

"My other cherished skill is playing the lyre" he indicated the round leather pouch. "I know many of our warrior ballads and sea shanties. Fair warning, some of our songs tend to be vibrant like 'When Cleaved Heads Kill' I've picked up a few more songs in my journey hear and maybe I'll learn a new song or two from the Bard here."

For a brief moment, Xenophon turned his eyes and thoughts to the others here. So many people here from far and wide. It's unlikely we will all get our individual rooms. We will have to bunk with others. Xenophon was used to bunking. I might even be talking with my bunkmate right now.

"I have some medical knowledge because I learned a few things from my teacher Ovid who was also the household physician. I learned what I could before I began living in the capital city. I might be asked to help in the infirmary."

“… you served King Jojin…” Percy muttered, more to himself than anybody else. The Teen looked troubled, until Xenophon changed the subject to music.

“It would be an absolute pleasure.” Stan beamed as Xenophon suggested a song swap. “Though, this lot always request the same three songs. All loud, and all lewd.”

“There’s an infirmary here?” Percival clearly hadn’t done his homework on the place. To be fair he couldn’t really ask anyone about The Hunter’s Guild, not without giving his plans away.

Percival
Stan (the Bard)

Pokeking Pokeking CalamityQueller CalamityQueller

Users who are viewing this thread

Back