• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Hunter’s Inn || Monster Hunting RP [OPEN]

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
After a brief modicum of consideration, RIka answered, “We’ll be going in through the mine’s official entrance at Arian. Something tells me we can glean more information from there than by traversing the tunnels outright.” She then looked over to the stairway leading to the infirmary, whilst Urzoth conducted her brief examination. “I’d intended that we leave this evening, to get a fresh start, but something tells me that after the day Siwai’s had… it’d be best if he got his rest. Leaving on the morrow might give us a fruitful start. Besides. I believe three moons have passed since I’ve slept in an actual bed.” She laughed to herself, and was suddenly reminded of her mark, and how she’d neglected it. She then turned her attention back to Urzoth. “What say you? Perchance, you’ll join us? If Callan actually does come, it'd be a boon to have someone in company that can actually keep a lid on him.

Lost Echo Lost Echo

Callan
Hannah (npc)

The antlered elf nodded enthusiastically. “Yes, you can drink it. Just be careful when you tip it out. A little goes a long way.” She warned with a wink.

“Y’got one o’ those with Dragon’s Fire in it?” Callan dared to ask. Now that was a magical item he could get behind.

“You know how I feel about that awful drink.” Hannah irritably huffed. She’d treated more hunters for intoxication and hangovers, than illness and monster injuries put together.

“I hope it serves you well.” Hannah flipped back to friendly-mode as she spoke to Toby. “And do visit me from time to time. I often need help finding ingredients and special items for the infirmary.”

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo

Tobias blushed and grinned "awwww any time." he pocketed the vial "glad I could elp."

The newbie grinned at Cal, "guess what! my old huntin buddy aint dead!"

Callan

Hannah returned to her work, nursing her injured patients.

“Huntin’ buddy?” Callan frowned, maybe he’d had been too hasty feeling sorry for the lonely dragon. “Didn’t think you ‘ad any mates… who is it?”

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo

"well... like oo ten years or so ago i thought they'd died...and well...i had to run...wasnt safe..." Toby shuffled his feet "Then hes outside bold as brass n all like... it never appened. Ramirez."

Callan

“Ramirez?” Of course it would be Ramirez. The bloke had friends everywhere.

“-n’ he knows you’re a…” Callan left a gap for the word dragon, incase Morgana overheard - though it seemed she only had an eye for Siwali at the moment.

“Runnin’ from what?” The Siren bluntly asked, wondering if that might be something else to worry about.

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo

Tobias shook his head "he don't know...." he sighed "and well the old hunts clan....its a ...you only leave if ur dead...so...dunno how rammy left.."

Genii Genii

Callan

“Hm.” Callan just learnt more about Ramirez in those few seconds than he had in the past two years. They didn’t talk much, seeing as Ramirez constantly had a flock of rookies at his heel.

“Must’ve done a runner like you… or killed ‘em all.” Which didn’t seem like a Ramirez thing to do, but you never know.

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo

"i mean...i guess so.. just seems akward to ask, he's going on some quest to catch a man napper or sumit." Tobias waved a hand "I uhh well he seemed appy enough."

Genii Genii

Urzoth raised both brows. "If you think I can control Callan, you're vastly mistaken. I just filter out his bullshit automatically. It's how we get along so well." They took a second, but nodded "I'll accompany you on the morrow. If Siwai gets his feathers twisted in the wait, tell him I insisted on it." They smirked, their fangs showing. It was always fun to emphasize their reputation.

Callan

“He’s always ‘appy.” It was intolerable sometimes. Callan raised a brow at the man-napper comment. “The Darby quest.”

“S’pose you’ll be goin’ with him… you should, he’s a good guy n’ he’ll look after yer.” Callan recommended. Ramirez would make a much better quest partner for the rookie. He had the patience, people skills and could probably wrestle a dragon if things got weird.

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo

Last edited:
"I uh.... well kinda wanna hang out wit you... and dat nice orc with the spirit friends. They're pretty cool! And well uhh... i dont even know where im a stayin so..." he shrugged a little. "Plus its cold at night and its nice an warm ere."

Lost Echo Lost Echo Genii Genii

Last edited:
Callan

“Ugh. I was hopin’ ter get shut of yer…” Callan complained, but he smiled as he turned around to leave the Infirmary.

“Just don’t expect me ter hold yer hand n’ churn out inspiration quotes or some b*llocks.” The Siren led them back to the noisy guildhall where the medicinal smell was overpowered by stale booze, roasted meat and burning logs.

“Rooms are upstairs, just find an empty bed when yer tired.” Callan briefly explained the guild’s sleeping arrangements. “There’s a bathhouse too. That’s warm.”

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo

Interactions: Rika and Urzoth (Guildhall Bar)
Lost Echo Lost Echo Oli Beju Oli Beju

Godefroi stood there while she tried to devise a plan that didn't involve her barging in. Sucker punching a Wyrm has incredible story detail, but she shouldn't risk the life of her guildmates. Not to mention, a disadvantage to this whole thing due to the Wyrm in the mines with poison breath. They would have to be cautious and prepared to deal with such a foe, especially when the mine is dangerous without the addition of beasts. "I have some vitals for cures when it comes to poison. It'll be wise to have them on hand." Talking to herself, twirling a strand of her golden hair around her finger, "We could always find a way to entrap its mouth before it spews its poison gas. A chain muzzle of sorts." She turns to Rika and then to Urzoth. "I can muzzle the Wyrm before it opens its mouth. All I need is a distraction if it's awake, but if we sneak up on it while it rests, then all I would need is backup support." Indeed, she was spewing all sorts of ideas. After a minute or two, she snapped her fingers together. "Lure it out with drugged meat and follow it back to its den while we wait for it to go into a deep sleep. It'll be less exciting (much to her dismay) than facing it head-on, but it'll be the safer option for everyone and cause minimal damage to the mines." She thins her lips, going over to sit at the table. "We would need a large dosage of sleeping potions and figure out its main hunting spots to do it." Goldefroi's eyes turn to Callan's favorite chair, a devious grin forming on her face. When he told her not to sit in his spot, it only made her keen on doing it. Although, something else came into her mind, and that's her nickname that suddenly appeared. "Wait? Who came up with Goldie?" Eyeing Rika suspiciously, however, no sense of hostility was coming from her.

Tobias chuckled, "why id be expectin dat?" He shook his head "and whats a bathhouse?" He asked with a genuine tone, there wasnt really any of those out in the woods.

Interactions: Percy, Ramirez, and Ana
Genii Genii Gwenymoo Gwenymoo Yonsisac Yonsisac

Sensing the nervousness from the horse, Arthy lets out four soft coos to express to the horse that he means them no harm. His eyes were playful, swishing his tail to express his giddy side. Calixto focused on the man riding the horse, giving him a polite nod in greeting, "Hello. I'm Calixto. This is Arthy," petting the feathers on the griffin's neck, then offers him a polite smile, "it's a pleasure to be traveling with someone as stunning as you." He gives him a wink while his tone hints to the man that he's only teasing. When an older gentleman approached his mount, he also smiled at him, "He won't hurt you. Arthagus is friendly as can be but can be quite the trickster." Finally, his gaze was to the cleric, giving a small huff, "Arthy decided that me being clean wasn't enough and tackled me. Guess he did it out of vengeance when I laughed at him falling into the water in the bathhouse." As a verifcation of Cal's words, Arthagus chirped and dipped his head as a yes. Calixto waves his hand in a clockwise motion, and the dirt and grime magically disappear from his body. He was envious of how his clothes didn't get dirtied, yet he was also grateful. Magic clothes probably is an expensive thing to get.

Callan

“S’what Ramirez does. Tried to hug me once.” Callan flew off before the man could catch him.

He turned to look at Toby as he mentioned the bathhouse. He wasn’t sure if the rookie was taking the p*ss or not.

“… pretty self explanatory, mate. It’s a bath… in a house.”

________

Percival

Samira calmed down after Arthy made their introduction.

Percival turned to look over both shoulders, then back at Calixto. “Oh, um, yes l-likewise.” He politely stammered, smiling once he noticed the wink.

“It’s nice to meet you both. My name is Percival, and this fussy lady here is Samira.” He gave the horse’s neck a gentle stroke, but she seemed much happier already.

“I saw Arthy earlier… though… I'm sure he was smaller?” The teen pondered.

Yonsisac Yonsisac Astrophil Astrophil Gwenymoo Gwenymoo

Callan

Callan frowned at Tobias, til he remembered he’d found the man (or dragon) living inside a cave.

“… come on.” The Siren jerked his head, indicating that the rookie should follow. “Best if I show yer.”

Once they reached the bathhouse building Callan opened the door and the pair were hit by a wall of hot steam. He led the way inside the mosaicked room and stopped by the side of the cloudy rectangular pool.

“Here’s yer inside lake.”

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo

Tobias followed after the siren to the bathhouse. Taken off gaurd by the humid wall of heat, blinking he followed cal to the steaming pool. Staring as the water steamed. "A hot spring?"

Genii Genii

Callan

“Not sure. Never really thought about how it works.” Callan scratched his bearded chin. “Magic probably. Nothin’ like this where I’m from.”

“All that matters is it’s hot….. Go on, put yer hand in and see fer y’self.” The Siren encouraged with a slight smirk on his face.

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo

Location- bathhouse

Tobias let out a gasp tipping head first into the pool. The water bubbling for a moment before it all went dreadfully still. Just the sound of condensation dripping.

The water then bubbled fiercely before exploding and showering callen and the room with most of the pool's contents, as a drenched dragon sat there with the mose unamused expression. The green and blue striped scales shined as they dripped with watter, the white angel like wings hanging at his side, most of his face obscured by the sodden blue mane. The dragon snorted.

Genii Genii

Last edited:
Callan

As the bubbling stopped and the water settled, Callan wondered if his prank had backfired. He didn’t actually know if Tobias could swim or not.

But suddenly an explosion, followed by a downpour of hot water. The Siren didn’t move, there was no time, so he merely braced and shut his eyes.

Once he opened them again he was face-to-face with a dripping dragon. One he recognised, but he still jumped at the sight and held a hand against his startled heart.

“F*ck.” Well that backfired.

The soaked Siren took a wary step back. “… Toby?”

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo

(( 👀 ))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back