• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Hunter’s Inn || Monster Hunting RP [OPEN]

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Pierre
Interactions: Anat Yonsisac Yonsisac

“Enchanté mademoiselle Ana. I am Pierre L’Entrange DuPius, at the guild’s service” - the man introduced himself to Anat, taking off his hat and bowing, exaggeratedly so, with a charismatic smile on his lips - “Ah… so young Percival is going to join us? Interesting” - the commented when, wondering how the timid man would handle himself in the midst of combat. And suddenly, there was a curious little talking animal that approached the group, which had a striking resemblance with a dog. Or maybe it was one, it was very possible. The being had quite a bit of energy, which made him chuckle.

Pierre took a moment to examine both his own parrying dagger and épée, drawing them from their sheaths and checking the sharpness of them. After a while, being content with the current state of his tool, he stored them back in their own casings, a temporary home of the cold steel - “Mademoiselle, while we wait for young Percival, what do you know about this quest we are about to embark on? I mean, besides that men are missing?”

Percival

“A whole day?” Clearly the man was jesting. Still, Percival smiled imagining it.

He watched Tobias make a beeline for the fireplace and had just expected the man to take a look - not shove his hand into the flames.

“What are you doing!?” Percival rushed over, expecting the insane Hunter’s hand to be covered in burns.

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo

Balthazar
Interaction: Meg Lost Echo Lost Echo

Taking his honeyed mead in his hands, Balthazar brought it to his lips, first giving it a few sips as to appreciate the taste of it. The guild, indeed, had some nice quality selection of alcohols at their disposal. After enjoying the taste of it, the man drank the rest of it all at once, in a single swig. He held the upcoming belch as to not simply let the terrible sound escape his own lips - “Pardon me, hehehehe” - he said to himself, before getting up from the bar stool. Cricket, the amiable canine he had met, had already left the bar, thankfully. Wanting to be teleported away… who knew where all the parts of the pooch would end up at? He would have to recharge his batteries quite a bit before trying to teleport others again.

Pushing his chest forward, he could hear the bones on his back cracking, sending a wave of relief over his age-deteriorated body - “That is better!” And then, he looked around the guild hall, seeing quite a group formed in one of the tables. In fact, the old magus was not at people themselves, but the auras he could perceive. One in particular, which he had been looking for, was found in the group: Meg. The sooner the girl started practicing, the better would her future potential be. With his staff in hand to support him, the man walked over to the group, giving a general wave at them, but his attention was focused on the girl with blond hair - “Hello once again, Meg. Are you occupied at the moment? I would like to talk with you about our previous conversation.” - not that it was a conversation, per se, but a comment Balthazar made.

Last edited:
Tobias brushed the ashes from his hands and lifted an eyebrow at Percy "I was just seeing if der was a skull there, like ya suggested." He stood up and stretched his back, "guess I need to check the stables then eh?"

Genii Genii

Percival

“I meant just to look. Your hand.. it’s not even singed.” Percival couldn’t ignore what he’d just seen. “Are you a mage?”

((Just need to zip to the shops.))

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo

Last edited:
Interaction: Focused on Pierre Maxxob Maxxob and low interaction with the rest of the group

Ana smirked and look down trying to keep a serious attitude and now she knows the dogfolk is known as cricket. She was very outgoing person that's for sure, the way she spoke as she promised seem off but she hopes the best, with her attitude best keep in mind as she hopes no danger would come to her or the group...She soon looked up at Pierre and smiled with a not acknowledging his name "It's a pleasure Pierre, and yes he will, and i will say he was quick in doing so. no second thoughts" suggesting the man quick thinking and rather determined in his decisions, Looking down at the paper she had of the quest, she really did not know much detail "Not much is known, but that any man is a target, be it son or ones husband. We need to talk to stan for the map and its a long day travel to the mill at foot, where we will meet with Mary, she will give us any detail needed...i hope" She look over at Pierre and then at Ramirez "What worries me most if the men even fought or struggled, or if they stood at rest or unaware. Either case, not to alienate, any man who come to the quest should be at heel. Last things we would want is one of our own being the target of whatever is going on here. Maybe next will be the women for all i know, but gender plays a role here." Ana slowly looked at the quest as what was even going on? by the paper there is not even a description or an idea of what is or where are they being taken, just vanishing, they will be entering blind if Mary has no sufficient details and could prove dangerous. "But that is all i know for now."

Ana looked at The dogfolk interacting with the griffin and calixto quite taken aback by cricket. And soon she waved at balthazar as he approached and smiled...seems he wanted to talk to meg and Ana could easily tell for what, Meg should stay indeed and train, rest and hopes for the best for her. She had the will to learn and be better than she could. Ana admired that and it just made her smile. What a very different and unique cast of people, that seem to get along well..."But yes pierre in other words, i guess you can say we are going blind until we meet Mary" she said smiling, she wonders....the way he spoke was very unique, Ramirez had some very unique speak and now pierre...made her Jealous she had no such thing. She was about to make a blind joke do to her being blind but...best not for now, she did not know some here that well unlike Meg.

Superb!” RIka stated, grabbing the ink and quill pen nearby once more, and marking down Siwai’s name in similar margins. While listening to the latter, she laughed a little at Siwai's earlier declaration that his only goal was to avoid being eaten by the expected adversary. “In lieu of that, if we really desire a fruitful turnout on this quest, before we embark, we should probably gather a few more guild members and see if they’d want to join us. While I trust in our capabilities as fighters… I never signed up for the resurrection bit, so I’d rather play it safe than sorry.” She quipped, smiling demurely. She looked at the board once more, planning the logistics of the trip, “If it’s a day’s journey…” She looked upward, muttering in calculation… “… at roughly 15 miles a day... no, that’s insufficient, we’d need horses… but perhaps without luggage…?” … until finally, she stopped, and looked to her hybrid companion once more. “Alright. If we head out tonight at the earliest, we may be able to get there on the morrow if we really hoof it, so we can get a good look at things while there’s still some daylight. I’ll go get a change of clothes and see what I can find out from Ramirez! Meet me back here in an hour or two?” She said, placing the ink and quill back in their spots once more.

~​

She nodded to Siwai, taking her leave to get things prepared, walking over to where Ramirez and company were located, and certainly there was quite a bit of the latter: Ramirez, the girl that was with Meg earlier now dressed in cleric's clothing... bearing a stag. Rika's gaze lingered for a brief moment, and then drifted to the rest of the group, deciding in that second not to repeat her earlier scene with the boy in the fancy armor. Her expression remained genuinely kind. As she continued appraising the group, she saw Meg, a boy with heterochromia, what appeared to be a dog with clothes on, a griffin playing with the pup, the wizard Bal, and Pierre and Connor.† Rika bowed politely on approach, as was expected on the premise that any conversation amongst them was being interrupted or intruded upon by her unrequested arrival, nodding to both Pierre and Connor, the familiar faces, but still carrying out the necessary gentilities to those she didn't know. “I hope I’m not interrupting…” She turned her attention to Ramirez, “I thought I might speak with you regarding your report to Beryl, Ramirez. The one about the tunnels?”

Apologies if I missed anyone!

(Oh good heavens... *deep inhale*)
nathanKmcwilliams nathanKmcwilliams
Gwenymoo Gwenymoo , Yonsisac Yonsisac , Astrophil Astrophil , MrMopp MrMopp , Maxxob Maxxob , Lost Echo Lost Echo , II-CinderRadcliff-II II-CinderRadcliff-II
(*Pant... pant...*)

Last edited:
Interactions: Hannah (Infirmary)
Genii Genii

"Don't blame me. Trouble seems to like nipping at my heels, darling Hannah." Sighing in relief as her injuries were healing, "You should see the other six." She joked, getting back to her feet. Noticing that they weren't alone, her attention turned to them. A zombie snake? She's not drunk enough to deal with it. "I'll promise to stay out of trouble for the entirety of the week." That promise is going to break within an hour.

Meg’s jaw dropped. The dog was talking. It was definitely a dog. Even with the clothes, she’d seen mutts this happy and eager. She’d never seen even children manage half as cheerful as a dog could manage. This wasn’t like the ox that talked this morning. He’d sat, used utensils for his breakfast, and spoke like a noble. This dog was…just saying dog thoughts. Could she not trust animals?

He? She? It? Ran straight into Cal’s stomach and Meg watched with bemusement as the man petted it as you would a normal dog. He confirmed he was Arthy’s special person, and it was eager about him. For a moment, she had the ludicrous thought that the griffin could be in danger from the small dog. Its attention spun to Anat, agreeing to join the quest, naming itself as Cricket (which did not help Meg decide what gender it was). Then it reacted with sarcasm to Calixto’s critique. Meg still hadn’t figured out how she was supposed to act. How did everyone else manage to pretend this was normal?

Meg heard her voice, turning to the wizard that now seemed normal. “Yes.” She declared. “I’d love to talk.” She even would, hoping he’d recommend someone to teach her if nothing else, but anything to not have to deal with the questions the dog was brought up. Could it talk to other dogs? Did Arthy understand it? What was life anymore? She remembered to wave at both Calixto, Anat, and Arthy once she spotted him, before turning to the wizard (she’d need to figure out his name again.) “We might want to move tables. This one is getting a bit crowded.

Offense taken.” Urzoth deadpanned, not really caring. It was just how Callan was. They rolled their eyes, “Stop the pity party. Everyone rucks up. You cannot gain anything without a loss.” They quoted their tribe’s adage. Then they shook their head, “You can’t deny Tobias coming has fucked you up. At first I thought it was some misplaced guilt,” They gave him a particular look, “You’re good at that. But nah, I think it’s more than that. I teased you, but it’s true. Why are you so worried about him saying something?” They cocked their head, “He know your past or something? Just tell him not to talk about it. He might not get why, but he’s not too simple to not do it.” The connection went both ways, he’d do it just because Callan asked.

Last edited:
"Hmmm? how so?" Ramirez glanced away from Percy panicing over a new guy shoving his hands in the fire. "The wrym worry...welll its just a hunch for now."

Oli Beju Oli Beju

There was a dearth of relief in such a statement. “I see. I suppose I just wanted clarification. How large were the tunnels, and how did they end up connected to the mines, I wonder…” She walked over to Ramirez and (assuming) as there were no seats, grabbed one and placed it nearby, sitting down, briefly. “I don’t mean to be a bother, Ramirez, but thus far only Siwai and I have selected the quest, and while I trust that we may have more allies, soon… I would nonetheless like a better understanding of what I may be walking into, and your experience in these matters knows no trifle with, as I understand it...

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo

Pierre
Interactions: Anat Yonsisac Yonsisac

Taking in the information given by Ana, the fencer started to wonder about who would be the culprit of this targeted, systematically kidnapping of men. Furthermore, it appeared that any and all men were being target in the area - “That is good advice, I will watch my back while we are in this quest… I suppose that, if they were attacks happening in the open, the quest would have been further detailed about the assailants.” - that what made most sense in his mind. If the attacks happened at night, or maybe when the targets were alone, it would explain why there wasn’t more information about the attackers or what was causing such trouble. Maybe it was some sort of cult that were gathering men for some sacrifice or alike - “We will know when we get there.” - he commented, to no one in particular. That would be an interesting quest to start his career within the guild.

Soon enough, another guild member joined the group, Rika, the one who took special interest in Percival. Or maybe that was something only in Pierre’s mind. He nodded to her, but didn’t say anything, as it appeared she had business with another guild member, someone named Ramirez. Would there be tension between Percival and Rika, if he happened to come back? I guess he would only know with his return, assuming she was still present - “I guess some mystery about what will happen also brings some… excitation to this quest. To go into the fray, without knowing the reality of the odds. Merveilleux!” - the man’s face was full of confidence, as he said that to the girl in white, clerical garments.

Balthazar
Interactions: Meg Lost Echo Lost Echo

Balthazar was glad that Meg was not too busy for them to discuss the matter at hand - “That is a good idea, how about we sit over there?” - the old man pointed at a table, not too far from where they stood, but that was completely free for both of them to use. With steady steps, the man walked to the table, sitting on one of the benches. As his bottom was rested against the wooden structure, a sigh of relief escape his lips. He waited, until the blond-haired teen sat down, and then began - “Let’s start knowing what your current ability. Tell me: what can you do currently? That is, regarding magic.” - he asked the plain question. First he would need to know what the girl could do, to only then think about which path she wanted to, and was possible to, take.

Hannah

Hannah didn’t quite believe Godefroi. She’d been promised as much before. “See that you do.” The Elf said anyway, collecting a small bottle from one of her shelves.

“Drink this. I’ll help with any pain.” She said as she put the bottle into Godefroi’s bloody hands.

Astrophil Astrophil

Callan

Callan’s expression darkened as he firmly said, “No. He doesn’t.”

“Alright…” The Siren sighed and rubbed his face, fighting to remain sober. Urzoth wasn’t going to let this go, and lying to them was going to get exhausting.

“That job I did up at Axehill a few weeks back…” Callan began. “… dragon… a big one. It’d been helpin’ itself ter some Lord’s cattle. Pay was good, so I went ter take a look.” On his own, naturally.

“Tracked it to a cave, but the b*stard got the jump on me.” The Siren explained. “I had a good go tryin’ ter kill it, till it knocked me over and pinned me down. Thought I was f*cked, but… it let me go.” Once Callan had tuckered himself out from wriggling and cursing for a few hours.

“Soon as it did, I made to get outta there, but I heard this voice… ‘don’t leave’… and when I turned back… well…” He could have described what he saw in all its glorious detail, but b*gger that, he wasn’t a bard.

“The dragon turned into Tobias.”

Lost Echo Lost Echo

Last edited:
'The Phantom Armory'.jpgConnor Brazzinford.jpg
Connor Brazzinford - 'The Phantom Armory'

Connor seemed to space out after hearing about the failed quest, her eyes glowing a faint purple as she delved into her thoughts. Strategies formed and dissipated as quickly as water flowed from high to low, though her primary concern resided with what threat could raze entire towns. However much she wanted to handle the threat though, her fellow guild members seemed more keen on taking on a different quest. For now at least she'd better try and build more friendly relations with the newer members. She tuned back in around the time Rika was talking about transport, with the ghostly neigh of her mount sounded outside as it awoke from its slumber.
"We can probably cut the travel time down by a few hours more." Connor cut in as multiple suits of armor began walking out of the door of the guild from the armory, setting up the merchants wagon she typically used for transporting her armor and attaching the reigns to her horse. "I hope you don't mind if I tag along, seems like you could use some numbers that don't need to be resurrected. Now then, pardon me while I grab some grub before we head out." She offered her assistance before beginning to walk towards the buffet of freshly made meals, gesturing to Pierre for him to follow her as she grabbed a plate - full of seasoned chicken, pork, and a little roasted beef alongside mashed potatoes and gravy with some baked bread stuffed with various cheeses. The smell alone was so good she was almost drooling, carrying the plate to a different table close by before lifting up her visor and chowing down. Her face was pointed away from the group, though it was probably for the better with how entranced she looked. Her gaze almost made it seem like she was staring at the nearest piece of eye candy strolling down the street. Despite the urge to devour everything on the plate quickly, she made sure to take her time as to savor the taste and converse with Pierre. "So, what lead you to joining the guild, if I may ask?" Connor inquired as she filled her spoon with mashed potatoes and gravy, glancing down as it leaked from its basin and slowly flowed down towards the ham and roasted beef.

Interactions: Rika ( Oli Beju Oli Beju ) Pierre ( Maxxob Maxxob )​

There was a dearth of relief in such a statement. “I see. I suppose I just wanted clarification. How large were the tunnels, and how did they end up connected to the mines, I wonder…” She walked over to Ramirez and (assuming) as there were no seats, grabbed one and placed it nearby, sitting down, briefly. “I don’t mean to be a bother, Ramirez, but thus far only Siwai and I have selected the quest, and while I trust that we may have more allies, soon… I would nonetheless like a better understanding of what I may be walking into, and your experience in these matters knows no trifle with, as I understand it...

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo
"Well wyrm's tend to big big buggers, hard to hurt and often poisonous. It's best to have a pretty big team and have a mix of spears and arrows, as blinding them or poking at their softer belly is the best way to attack em. Or getting it to eat laced bait of some sort..." The hunter listed thinking back to past encounters, "In open spaces theyl try ta grab and hug ya to death, in tunnels they'll fill it with poisonous breath or acid.."

Interactions: Cricket (Guildhall)
MrMopp MrMopp

Arthagus was taken aback by the sudden appearance of the dog person, and when it brought her nose towards him, the feline side of him had to resist swatting it away. Not to mention how loud and, well, hyper she was. He clicks his beak twice, a greeting of sorts to the other animal here. Still, they remained put until the dog person finished sniffing him. The griffin, bewildered by the sudden playing position Cricket was in, let out a confused chirp before leaping onto Cal's head. He stares at her, using his friend's head as a perch to see what she'll do next. Calixto shoves his finished plate centimeters away from him, huffing as he feels a tail hit the side of his head. "Again with the head," huffing, then tapped the bird on the side to gain Arthagus's attention. It worked, with the griffin shuffling around on his head to have a better look at him. "We're going to the bathhouse. Get ourselves nice and cleaned up, then we can depart on a mission. Does that sound good to you?" A coo in agreement from Arthy, Calixto turns his head to face Cricket. "Don't take his distancing to offense, Cricket. It did take a while for him to adjust to the loud noises of the bar. He never actually had the chance to socialize with other animals before." He removes the bird from his head and tucks it under his arm under his belly, Arhty's feet dangling, but the bird-thing didn't appear to mind it. The griffin moves all four limbs to swing himself, tucking his wings close to his body to keep them safe from damage.

---

The bathhouse was the ideal place for Calixto, who wishes he could stay there forever. As for the griffin, it was a living hell. The wet griffin was racing through the halls to escape the horrid water. He wasn't soaked, more like partially wet. An indication that Cal did try him off with a towel. Now, how did Arthagus become the soak-and-wet? Shall we replay the scene?

---

Cal was sitting in the water, scrubbing away the dirt, grime, and blood on his skin. His robes, surprisingly, had no stains on them. He'll ask about magic clothes whenever he's free. He dives under the water to soak his hair, re-emerging and shifts his body to check on Arthagus. The griffin was on the edge of the bathhouse, inspecting the water to see if it had anything lurking underwater. "The water is fine, Arthy. Nothing could live in this water," offering the bird a reassuring grin. Arthagus settled down, crouching down, and lowered his beak to the water to have a quick sniff, only for the liquid to touch the tip of it. The bird reared back and shook his head. When he leaped backward, his foot accidentally landed on a wet washcloth. It started a chain reaction, with Arthy lunging forward and falling into the water with a loud splash. Cal rushes over to help the griffin back onto dry flooring, then climbs out himself to aid his friend in drying off. "I did try to tell you to wait outside, Arthagus." Yup, the griffin ignored his warning and followed him inside. Now, he's regretting everything. Calixto was laughing while drying the angry wet-floof off, the griffin glaring daggers at the giggling mess of a man.

---

Interactions: Beryl (her office)
Genii Genii

Back to the present, Arthagus searches around the guildhall for a place to hide to dry himself off. He finds a cracked door, believing it would be the best room to stow away in. He uses his front paw to push open the door, then saunters the area to find a good spot. Indeed, he found a decent enough hideout that happens to be an office desk covered to the brim with papers. He squeezes between the chair and the gap of the desk, hiding underneath it. Arthy's beak gets to work, grooming the feathers on his wings to dry them off. He'll get his vengeance soon on Calixto, but now, he's worried about his poor wet coat.

Rika sat and pondered on Ramirez’s words for a moment, deep in thought, so much so that when Connor offered to join, all she could do was smile and nod in acknowledgement before realizing immediately after the fact that this task possibly merited greater prestidigitation than she’d initially surmised. The group hadn’t even departed, and already the odds against them were rife with iniquities if none had any experience fighting in caves, nor against beasts that could poison entire enclosed spaces. The miasma alone would be enough to kill them if they weren’t perspicacious enough to have devised an alternative plan. It was all she could do to repeat the few tactics they might have to herself, though they were ersatz to a true strategy… one which would be impossible to concoct without even knowing what the supposed target was going to be in earnest, for no one was certain there would even be a wyrm in the mines to begin with. “And they wonder why I never go on missions like this… She spoke quietly, practically in sotto voce tone, to herself… “Spears, arrows, blinding, and attacking the soft underbelly of a beast that we don’t even know if it’ll be down there… It’s better than nothing, I suppose." She paused... "If worse comes to worst, I could always get close and… no, that’d likely cost us any spoils it may contain, and even then it’d make for a bad last resort…” She stopped her audible pondering and looked to Ramirez. “You’ve my thanks, Ramirez! I’ll see what we can manage!” A half-hearted platitude. Rika understood full well that even with Connor and Siwai’s help, facing whatever was in the mines, if her understanding of textbook wyrm legends were to be believed, would end in ignominious failure. She stood, placed her chair back where she found it and made for the stairs to get her clothes. Afterward, she’d call on the next best beast she could find…

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo II-CinderRadcliff-II II-CinderRadcliff-II

Beryl (npc)

Beryl finally emerged from her office, letters in hand. She collared two hunters in the guildhall and handed them each one of the scrolls. It was hard to hear what they were discussing over the chatter in the room, but both hunters nodded and left the Inn soon after.

Attention hunters!” The Half-orc bellowed with such volume, the guards by the city gates probably stood to attention.

“You may have heard about the recent attack on the town of Silverfrond. I understand some of you will want to rush to their aid, but for the time being - I urge you all to sit tight.” She warned in such a way that it sounded like an order.

“I have sent word to Guild Headquarters and King John in Renton, and I will notify you all once we receive further instructions.”

“In the meantime, be extra vigilant outside of the city and absolutely no one is to go out hunting alone.” Beryl warned. Lone hunts weren’t officially against guild rules, but the half-orc tried her best to enforce it all the same.

“That’s everything… you can stop gawping now. Back to work, chop-chop!” Beryl said with a friendlier tone and went to pin a note beside the quest board. It basically reiterated what she’d just announced.

_______

WARNING

Until further notice, all hunters are urged not to travel within a mile of the town of Silverfrond,

by order of Guild Master, Beryl.

Pierre
Interactions: Connor II-CinderRadcliff-II II-CinderRadcliff-II

A silent rumbling was felt in Pierre’s stomach. That was right, the man only had alcohol for the entire day. So, when Connor called him over to the buffet, he didn’t skip the opportunity. With plate in hand, the fencer grabbed a selection without much variety, but great quantities: different types of cheese and cuts of meat were his target. It could be seen he favored pork cuts, over other types of meat. It seemed that goose would need to be left for another opportunity, if it ever found its way into the guild’s selection of food. After being content with the amount of food he had selected, the man followed the armor-clad woman to the free table, sitting in front of her, so they wouldn’t need to keep turning their heads to talk with each other. The look of entrancement on her face was adorable, to say at least, and an unintended smile formed on his lips.

After the former-guard sat down, he removed his hat, placing it on the bench to his side. With a fork and a knife in hand, he listened to Connor’s question, looking into her eyes, while his hands skillfully moved, cutting the first piece of cheese and, in sequence, doing the same with a piece of roast, piercing both of them together - “Of course you can inquire, ma chérie…” - saying that, in the man’s expression, it was clear he was thinking on how better explain it - “... well, the most directed to explain it is that I've run out of the gold I brought with me from Orlais.” However, Pierre would not just leave her with that - “With my particular skills, I guess I could also have opted to work as a mercenary, a bodyguard… while the former wouldn’t be all that bad, I don’t think the latter would be an easy find. I was a member of the honor guard to the late King Jacques Robberie… and he was assassinated” - he ended, bringing the fork with the cheese and meat to his mouth. He chewed, tasting the food, swallowing it without a problem - “Mmm… well, I guess I could also have chosen to work as a bedwarmer, but… eh…” - his face winced a bit at the prospect of working in that profession. However, it didn't seem he was making a joke of the possibility - “What about you? Why did you choose to join the guild?” - he placed his fork and knife down, both his elbows new were supported by the table and the fingers of both hands intertwined, supporting his chin.

While the man's attention was centered on the golden-haired girl in front of him, the guild mistress warning did not go unnoticed by him. The man would redouble his caution whenever walking outside the city limits.

Interactions: Beryl (guildhall)
Genii Genii

Arthagus stopped grooming when the sound of furniture scraping against the floor tickled its way into his ears, then watched as a pair of legs seemingly walked away. He would stare here more to clean himself, but at this point, he was too intrigued by whoever that person was. So, his little legs carried him as he chased after the person, having to follow the sight of the legs to not accidentally trip or bump into anything while his eyes were distracted. When the legs moved into the noisy bar-the griffin skidded to a halt. Taking a peek around the corner to survey the rowdy bar. Finally, he tilted his head at the tall, perfect person: his roost. In his eyes, this person was the perfect perch for him. No more did he have to look up at people. Instead, he can stare down at them like the king he is. Sadly, this person was too tall to climb up from the floor, so reaching them from the ceiling was the best option. Not to mention, he lacks flying in general. Arthy enters the bar, climbing up the vertical support beams to reach the parallel ones. He wall-jumps onto them, then slowly walked along till he was above the orc-woman. He wiggles his haunches before leaping, using his wings to slow his descent: not wanting his full weight to slam into the unknowing stranger's right shoulder. Arthagus made his target, settling himself down onto her left shoulder. Finally, he gets to gaze down upon these mere humans. His eyes were shining at such an achievement. Yes, being tall has its perks.

Meg flushed, looking away, but answered, "Mostly move water,” again, the cap on her waterskin moved, as her nerves pulled it toward her, “I can do a couple of pickpocket spells people tried to use at the tavern I worked in, but naught much else. Any magic sparkles to me, so it was always obvious. I made them teach me after I caught them. There are a few spells I learned from guests, like to make it difficul to be heard. But nothing big or impressive.” She looked up earnestly, “I want to know though. Most of the reason I joined here was to learn something of magic.” She knew it wasn't much, and he probably wouldn't have the time to teach her the basics, but if he could recommend someone...

Urzoth barely resisted the urge to roll their eyes. They doubted whatever secret past Callan had was a big deal, and personally didn’t care what it was. They only cared how annoying he was when he moped. As he spoke, they listened to his tale, trusting it was relevant. “Huh,” they said when he finished, nodding a bit absentmindedly as they absorbed the information. “How big are we talking?

Callan

“Not that size matters, but well over twenty feet.” Callan answered. Dragon Tobias could swallow him whole, like a bite-sized horderve.

“Thing is… after that I couldn’t kill him, but someone else might’ve. So I convinced him to shove off. Took a few teeth first, n’ told Lord What’s-his-face that I killed his dragon.” Callan had taken money for a monster he hadn’t killed, and to make things worse - that monster now worked for the guild. It didn’t look good.

He worried that if this got out, Toby would be in danger and folks might accuse the guild of staging monster attacks. That, and he’d have to fess up to Beryl. So long Legend status.

“I didn’t think he’d follow me ‘ome.”

Lost Echo Lost Echo

_________

Beryl

Beryl almost threw the poor creature across the room. “… scared the life out of me.” She muttered as she straightened and regained her authoritative composure. “And who do you belong to I wonder.”

Astrophil Astrophil

Last edited:
Balthazar
Interaction: Meg Lost Echo Lost Echo

“Wanting to know is the most important step in the process of learning spells” - Balthazar commented, after observing her demonstration of water manipulation. She clearly knew the very first steps of it and had a decent grasp - “Mmmm, quite interesting. From what I could see, you don’t need to use a catalyst to manipulate water. I am not that much different from you in that aspect” - he contemplated. The old magus also didn’t need any sort of conductor to use his energy - “You see, mages usually either manipulate things that already are or make things that could become into existence…” - he placed his hand on the table, facing down, his fingers moving as he continued - “... some can even do both. But, generally, manipulating things that already exist is less draining than ‘creating’ things…” - the old man pulled his hand back and, where it had been previously, lied an ice rose. It was transparent, almost looking like glass - “... see? There was no ice on the table, but it was possible for ice to exist there. In fact, anything is possible at a given place, I just forced it to manifest itself.” - he snapped his finger, as if to mimicking something being created out of nowhere.

“The best way is to start fortifying your apparent strength: manipulation of water that already exists” - the old man got his big tome from his belt and placed it on the table, opening it almost in the very first page - “Tell me, about how much water can you move at the moment?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back