• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Hunter’s Inn || Monster Hunting RP [OPEN]

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Callan

As moronic as Pierre’s statement sounded, the man was right - you really couldn’t spell funeral without ‘fun’.

“(Sigh)… f*ck it.” He said after staring at the cuddled up rookies for a moment. Can’t say he didn’t warn them. He pushed the ornate bottle towards the duo so they could help themselves.

“Just go easy with the fire.” Callan grumbled. He was worried one rogue blazing belch from Toby might set his feathers alight.

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo nathanKmcwilliams nathanKmcwilliams Maxxob Maxxob

________

Hannah

“Don’t loose hope. You will find a solution someday.” Hannah reassured with a soft smile. A few of the flowers and mushrooms that grew on the Elf’s gown turned black and shrivelled as she worked, until she finally had to take her hand away from Rika’s arm.

“Goodness… it certainly is stubborn.” Hannah had to take a seat. “That should help stall its growth for a while.” Not for long, but it was the best she could do. The procedure seemed to be getting more and more difficult each time… even for someone as gifted as Hannah.

Oli Beju Oli Beju

Last edited:
It hadn’t taken much for Rika to take notice of the beleaguered flora, and a sentiment of guilt swept over her. Only in its mid stages and already it was taking its toll on even the people around her. Hannah’s kind words, however reassuring, amounted only to blandishments if that someday didn’t come soon. All the same, she was one of the few lights left that could surpass the hopelessness, and it was a blessing that even Rika would be remiss if she didn’t acknowledge it… “I can’t thank you enough, Hannah. No matter how bad this gets, you always find a way to lift my spirits. You really are in your element as a healer, in more ways than you know.” She stood. “I won’t miss another appointment, I promise. And when I’ve found what I’m looking for, you’ll be the first to hear. I swear it!” Letting down her sleeve, she bowed to her magical physician, probably one of the sole reasons the girl was still alive. She grabbed her bag and began walking upstairs. En route back to the guildhall, she was met with a rather noisome odor, which at first she mistook for a fallen comrade that someone had neglected to intern; rare because Hannah seldom lost patients. To her surprise (and somewhat revulsion), the smell’s source was very much alive, and making its way to the infirmary.† Wordlessly, Rika would’ve passed by, a bit wide-eyed but still trying to retain some penchant of mannerliness. The walking dead could wait. It was time for a new plan…

~​

At the bar, Rika walked up to the area, a short distance from a familiar face (Callan; respectable, even if a bit of a misanthrope), and several unfamiliar faces (Tobias, Pestle, Pierre). She nodded to them, politely, though somewhat offset by the decaying snake. She then sat down, looking for Barry. “I don’t suppose you could mix things up a bit and serve me a tea, could you?” She spoke, holding three golden coins in her hand for the barkeep to see. She was completely aware of the outlandishness of the request in such a place as a bar rife with alcohol, but the inquiry was a necessary one, for only one would win out: common convention, or love for coin.

†(Apologies if this seems presumptuous, I don’t know if Nathan actually clarified that Morgana had made for the infirmary yet, so I figure the passing can just happen whenever.)

Genii Genii Gwenymoo Gwenymoo nathanKmcwilliams nathanKmcwilliams Maxxob Maxxob

Last edited:
Tobias wasnt too sure about the sudden hug but maybe thats how normal folk act so he didn't push the arm away, what ever the new guy did it meant Cal returned the booze! "Oh I like chickens, they actually taste real good roasted" he filled the glass for Pierre first then himself. "So what skills do you av?" Tobias enquired "I can breath fire" he grinned.

Genii Genii Maxxob Maxxob

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo Maxxob Maxxob
Pestle flickered his tongue at Tobias, something like recognition appeared in his non-dangling eye. The zombie snake carefullly then extended towards Pierre's glass. His powerful senses caused the serpent to reel back at the mere whiff of the alcoholic beverage.
But...Pestle was intrigued nonetheless. He shook his head and went towards the glass, mouth open.

Percival

Percival threw his linen shirt on. It would have to suffice until he could get his clothes laundered or buy something new.

He juggled his armour and muddy belongings as he made his way back out into the yard. His bare feet left a trail of wet footprints as he hurried to get to the guildhall.

Barry
Callan

“s’pose I could.” Barry agreed to Rika’s request. “Be right back.” He left his post at the bar to go and fetch some tea from the kitchens.

Callan returned the sorcerer’s nod, trying very hard to pretend he wasn’t with the two rookies and the undead snake at the bar. “‘aven’t seen you in a while.”

Oli Beju Oli Beju Gwenymoo Gwenymoo Maxxob Maxxob nathanKmcwilliams nathanKmcwilliams

Pierre
Interactions: Pestle nathanKmcwilliams nathanKmcwilliams / Tobias Gwenymoo Gwenymoo / Rika Oli Beju Oli Beju

“Roasted chickens are one of my favorites! Only really losing to roasted ducks, but with the right seasoning, I think they could even surpass it” - he said, his cheeks slightly reddish from all the drinking. Now with his cup full, he would first serve their new little friend. What could go wrong with making a zombie snake drunk with such strong beverage? - “There you go little friend…” - he poured some of the alcohol into the python’s mouth and then moved the glass to his own mouth, this time, slowing the rate which he was drinking, taking a few sips - “Ahhhhh… now this is some good, burning stuff!” - he exclaimed, bearing the burning sensation slightly better.

When the new arrival got to the bar counter, he nodded towards her - “Mademoiselle (miss)” - flashing a smile, before turning his attention once again at Tobias’ direction - “I saw that flame, my friend! Just tell me in advance when you are planning to use that on the field. I would hate to have the feathers in my hat burnt!” - he laughed, in a good spirited way. When asked about his own skills, the man brought his hand to his chin, wondering which would be the best way to explain it.

“Ehhh… I guess I am a pretty good fencer. Specially when I am outnumbered, the more enemies there are, the more fun I have” - he smirked, using both his index fingers to poke at the air in front of him in rapid succession - “I also know exactly where to thrust my sword, regardless of what I am fighting” - his eyes were looking up, as if thinking. Deciding he was satisfied with the explanation he gave about his own skills, Pierre concluded - “And that is it”

She kindly smiled at Barry, pleased that the request (or rather the money) won out the wager. At Callan’s inquiry, she smirked. “I didn’t think you’d have noticed.” The girl was more a thinker than a conversationalist, but every now and again, a remark or two would best her austere propriety, and she’d say things she daren’t at home; further still, when the conversation was with someone so interesting, some things just couldn’t be passed up. “Either I was away for much longer than I thought, or you're simply a man of many surprises, Sir Callan.” she then nods over to his company, smiling kindly and acknowledging Pierre's greeting, though resuming conversation with Callan, “You, making friends… Are the end of days upon us already?” She let out a small laugh, smiling at the man so that he’d know she wasn’t in earnest.

Genii Genii Maxxob Maxxob nathanKmcwilliams nathanKmcwilliams Gwenymoo Gwenymoo

Pierre
Interactions: Tobias Gwenymoo Gwenymoo

He blinked a few times after hearing Tobias. Holding back his laughter, with a few sounds escaping his mouth, he answered - “Oh, no, no, no, it isn’t like a use a fence to fight. Here…” - Pierre drew his épée from the scabbard, holding it, upright, close to the man, so he could have a good look at it - “This is a fencing sword. See the blade?” - the man ran the index finger of his free, leather glove covered, hand alongside the blade - “It isn’t useful for cutting or slashing… well… that isn’t entirely true. You can do it with the tip” - the hand which was holding the sword’s grip, moved, holding it closer to the end, so the tip of it could be better examined.

“The tip is extremely sharp. You can kind of use it to cut and slash, but it really excels at thrusting and piercing. It is pretty hard to find an armor that can stop it when you are putting your whole force into this one point” - he poked the tip of the sword with his free hand, being careful enough to not put any force behind it. The last thing Pierre needed was to impale his own finger with it - “The combat style used with this weapon is called fencing, that is why I am a fencer” - the man was still sound of mind to not try and demonstrate how exactly he would use the sword - “It can go through a man pretty easily” - he concluded, letting Tobias examine the blade, if he so wished, before storing it back into the scabbard.

Tobias looked awed "never seen a blade like dat before!" He looked impressed, it did look like something that could wiggle through the gaps of armour, maybe even hard armoured scales too. "Must be light....it looks so wiggly."

Tobias paused to wave at the other veteran who'd appeared "hello der pretty lady, would you like to dwink too?"

The young woman looked over to Tobias, laughing a bit at the compliment. It was... refreshing to meet people that didn't abide by the abstruse dictums of polity and modesty that pervaded all of southern society. In Renton, every man in the room would've stood aghast to hear a man refer to a woman's looks in such a manner, but this man spoke with so little care as to his words, that it was almost endearing. Rika shook her head, kindly adding “I believe that Barry should be here with my refreshment, soon. It’s a pleasure to meet you both, I’m Aé’Rika…” She stopped, as if debating on whether or not to issue the rest of her title, and then decided against it.

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo

Yashtsher
Interactions: Barry Genii Genii | Pierre Maxxob Maxxob | Tobias Gwenymoo Gwenymoo | Callan​

Unfortunately Yashtsher’s voice probably didn’t suffice to garner attention against the livelihood of the Inn and didn't get the information he desired. After eyeing the situation for a while and remembering what his friend said to him about manners, he began to approach the spot where many of them gather, the bar. The group seemed to be enjoying themselves, one of them even cheered towards him. Yashtsher gave out a little giggle while muttered “Haha what a lively bunch. It won’t fixin’ to be b’ring by this here company.”
"Haha what a lively bunch. It's not gonna be boring by being with this company."

Upon arriving at the bar, Yashtsher started by greeting the barman “Greetings keg bel- *ahem* I mean dwarven sir. To whom should I address if I wish to join the hunters.” As he tried his best speaking normally without using slurs. He was also looking for a free space to sit though with his big stature it seemed sitting on a chair would make him even taller so he decided to sit on the ground. Seeing there were lined up orange liquid in jugs asking to be gulped down. Yashtsher grabbed one of them, cheered back to that one group with the human fencer, and poured down the liquid to his throat in one go. “Ahh yand ‘its the spot. What a fine liqu'r ye got 'ere!”
"Ahh that hits the spot. What a fine liquor you got here!"

View attachment 1024714View attachment 1024715
Connor Brazzinford - 'The Phantom Armory'

Interactions: Lander ( soulofeden soulofeden ) Barry ( Genii Genii )

"Yeah, I'll be getting started on another suit of armor within the week." Connor piped up as she took a small chug from her mug, setting it down on the counter. "With the armory fully stocked and with excess armor I'm not using, I'm probably going to start making and selling custom ordered armor for guild members for awhile. It'll be at a reduced price, but it should help the rookies be a little less risky by having affordable armor available." Connor added before taking another swig, her cheeks turning red as the effects of the alcohol started to kick in. And then her attention turned to the person next to her, who seemed much more drunk than she was at the moment - though she vaguely recalled seeing him at the bar when she had entered the guild hall. The way he dressed with all of the black clothes seemed a little too moody for her, but she wasn't much of one to talk since her armor gave off a similar vibe. Beyond that impression however it was hard to notice anything as or more significant about him, so her attention just as quickly parted from him back to her drink.

"Bandits, hmmm? Most impressive considering you seem to have returned from your quest alone."

His words seemed to hit a bit of a nerve, as her head quickly turned to look him dead in the eyes with a curious but irritable glare. Some of the other patrons within the guild hall grew silent as Connor had a tendency to chew people out, whether it be for sexist remarks or demeaning comments about her lack of 'tradition'. However, for the moment she held her scathing words, her lips parting as she took a shallow breath in.
"By what means would you say it was 'impressive'? Because if you're implying what I think you're implying, consider my services unavailable for the foreseeable future."

• mood

cautious, slightly irritated, intrigued

LANDER

the traveler

Lander felt surprised at the woman's bristly response, and he fought with himself to hide the expression that his face instinctively wanted to twist into. He felt the stares of other guild members bore into him, and more particularly, from a couple of men that were seated at the bar not far from them.

Perhaps she isn't such a good candidate for a questmate after all, he thought. He wanted to make the judgement immediately, but he knew that it was only his quick temper getting the best of him -- again. He would not allow that. Although he'd only had one drink prior, he was almost certain the warmth of the brew was only adding to his hot blood.

Instead, he dug his nails into the wood of the barstool he was sitting on, forced a thin-lipped smile, and said,
"Peace, dragonheart. Whatever ill implications you gathered from my comment, I assure you that they were unintended."
His smile loosened, and turned wry and genuine.
"I only meant that it takes courage to break a Guild rule when you have Beryl the Brave to answer to for any potential consequences. I certainly wouldn't risk something so sinister."
He glanced over to the half-orc when he said this -- and he knew inside that he truly meant it, despite the somewhat jesting nature of his delivery. He had nothing but a profound respect for the Guild leader -- after all, it could not be easy to handle this many Hunters of all personalities and sizes under one roof, as one people.

In an olive branch intention, he picked up the fresh mug of stout that Barry had been kind enough to serve him quickly and held it out to the woman.
"To your successful hunt."

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:
'The Phantom Armory'.jpgConnor Brazzinford.jpg
Connor Brazzinford - 'The Phantom Armory'

Interactions: Lander ( soulofeden soulofeden )
Mentions: Ramirez, Meg, & Anat

Connor carefully listened to the words Lander spoke aloud, and with it her demeanor seemed to ease up and shift into subtle embarrassment.
"Apologies for my misinterpretation." Connor lamented in a lighter tone of voice, the prying eyes and ears of their fellow guild members drifting away from them back to their previous conversations. Her expression of slight embarrassment didn't last long, as soon her composure was restored and her attitude calm and collected. "There have been far too many times where people expressed how 'impressive' my actions are. Some use it as a demeaning joke to make their friends or relatives laugh, others are genuinely baffled and try to prove 'how much better men are'." Connor spoke in a much more silent voice, with almost none of her words reaching the ears of those around them. "It's hard to differentiate genuine compliments within the sea of insults and defacing words, but I appreciate the compliment. As for why Beryl doesn't give me flak for running the occasional solo quest, drop by the armory down the halls of the dormitory at some point. Talk to you later." Connor ended their brief conversation with a slight smile, chugging down the rest of the Dragon's Fire before standing up from the bar - the mug's handle leaving her fingers as her armors visor closed back up and she walked down one of the halls.

Connor walked down to the bath house coming back from the dormitories, having walked to her private residence to retrieve a spare change of clean clothes - within the hand of which her armor carried for her. Even the armor she personally used everyday could be controlled using her magic, to even greater effects given how frequently she was not only around it but actively used it. The clothes she had worn beneath the armor were splattered with blood and soaked in sweat, unfortunately including the more formal camisole and G-string she was hoping would come into play tonight. Perhaps some other time would work out better for her. Her gentle footsteps approached the bath house entrance and entered the woman's changing room, with her armor following close behind her as the two of them passed by Ramirez, Meg, and Anat. One piece of clothing at a time she stripped, with no modesty between herself and anyone else that may enter. After rinsing off most of the blood and sweat off of her in the shower alongside her armor helping her put a hair tie in, she began walking out to the bath house pool while her armor prepared her a towel - following her out shortly after. Though she didn't care too much about modesty at the moment, she at least checked to see if anyone else was already in the pool, initially finding it empty as she then waded into the water with a bit of a strut. Once she was in, her armor set her towel on the nearest bench and walked back into the changing room, grabbing all of her grime-ridden clothes and carrying them to the laundry room to be cleaned. With a deep sigh of relief she felt her muscles relax in the hot water, making herself comfortable as the dirt and grime oozed off of her skin.​

Pierre
Interactions: Rika Oli Beju Oli Beju / Tobias Gwenymoo Gwenymoo / Yashtsher chloro chloro

“It is pretty light, perfect for quick pokes and flurries” - the leather-clad man said, paying attention not only to Tobias’ frankness towards the new arrival, but also measuring her response. His senses were sharp, trying to detect any untrue or double meaning in her words. Not being able to pick anything, maybe due to the alcohol, maybe because she was saying the truth. But he was satisfied - “Enchanté, mademoiselle. I am Pierre L’Entrage DuPius”.

His presentation was modest when compared to the one he had performed with Berryl. He had within himself not to mess up the moves his comrades were making, and it looked like the man besides him had done quite a good one. His attention changed from Rika to Tobias, looking at him like a proud father, even though he had done absolutely nothing at all - “They grow up so fast…” - commenting to the surrounding ether, Pierre brought a handkerchief to his face, comically, as if wiping tears of pride.

The former-guard then approached the man sitting beside him, so he could whisper and only Tobias would hear him - “You should sit closer to her. I gather you have pretty good odds” - he ended with a wink and a suggestive expression upon his face. With those words, Pierre got up from the bar stool, carrying the still filled glass with himself. As if on a cue, standing upright just on the left of the biped reptile, he downed the last of the Dragon’s Fire. Making a face as if he had just tasted something extremely sour, he hit his own right thigh with his left hand, as to help him bear with the burning sensation - “Ahhhhh!!! That hits the spot!” - saying almost in union with the new arrival.

Switching the glass from hands, he stretched his right hand towards the creature, offering it as a handshake - “I am Pierre, I’ve just joined the guild a few minutes ago. How about you?” - he introduced himself towards the creature.

Tobias starred at Pierre for a moment as if processing what the man ment, good odds? He wasn't betting anything as far as he could recall? Cal seemed occupied with his drink and the happy sword guy was now talking to the large lizard person....with impressive scales, those must be very tough. Shrugging he shuffled to a closer stool and offered a hand out to Aé’Rika. "I'm Tobias"

Oli Beju Oli Beju Maxxob Maxxob Genii Genii
------------

Ramirez paused in his dressing as Connor and their armour strode by, always impressed him how they could do that, and he knew better than to upset them too. Strapping the lasts bits back on he headed back out to the stables to check on Thunder and give her some fresh feed, it had been quite a day for her.

II-CinderRadcliff-II II-CinderRadcliff-II

Callan, Barry & Percival

Callan
gave the sorcerer a deadpan stare as she attempted to wind him up. “I’ve ‘ad friends before.” He grumpily defended. “… they’re all dead, but still.” He added with an indifferent shrug and returned to nursing the drink in his hand.

He listened to Pierre and Tobais chatting and frowned when the latter fawned over the other man’s weapon.

Pierre’s eye-poking comments made a lot more sense now. “That knitting needle ain’t gonna do sh*t against monsters n’ demons.” He muttered, doubting the rookie had brought the right tool for the job.

Barry eventually returned from the kitchen with a steaming mug of tea for Rika. He handed it to the sorcerer before returning to his duties on the other side of the bar.

Percival was weaving his way across the guildhall, attempting to reach the dormitory stairs without bringing too much attention to himself.

Oli Beju Oli Beju Gwenymoo Gwenymoo Maxxob Maxxob

Last edited:
Pierre
Interactions: Callan Genii Genii
While still waiting for the giant lizard's response, Pierre couldn't let Callan commentary go unanswered. To judge a sword, without having seen it in action, was absurd to the former-guard - "You see, I have other ways to deal with demonesses and certain monstresses" - the man retorted, saying it loud enough, so his feathered companion could hear it from where he stood. The ways would be left open to interpretation - "I would leave the others for my quest companions to take care of" - he concluded, noticing Tobias had actually taken his advice, moving himself closer to Rika.

Callan’s incisive retort was precisely to be expected; the man’s humor was an enigma all on its own, notwithstanding the man himself. Rika silenced briefly, for the remark was a little too relatable. The other man, the Lothario, introduced himself: an elegant name, if not a foreign one, and she nodded to him, introductions remained brief as the man went over to speak to a much larger corrival, a large... red... lizard. Her attentions to remedying the statement to Callan were diverted when the other, larger man sat nearer to her, extending a hand, stating his name; bereft of a surname, but such could’ve been readily ascertained without much impingement. She shook his hand,† firmly but quickly. Trying to kill two badinage birds with one stone, she spoke so that both men near her could hear. “I’m glad that you’re making friends, Callan. We all need someone to rely on from time to time.

Barry arrived shortly after, carrying her mug of tea. Upon receiving it and taking the first sip, Rika sighed, setting the three aforesaid golden coins on the counter, nearer to the barkeep's side of the counter as he went to tend to the guests.

The tea, the bumptious company, the atmosphere and all that it had to offer. For a split second, Rika forgot all of her troubles, only for the absence of them to manifest themselves once again. As the Lothario gaffed about, availing the merits of his weaponry, Rika quietly sat, occasionally looking at the quest board, mental gears turning as she slowly delved into planning her next move…

†As a reservoir of a commodious amount of magic/mana, anyone sensitive to magic would get a sort of… “charge” (pins and needles feeling, practically magnetic, like the kind that would make hair stand up and float). So it’s best to typically end physical contact before it becomes too noticeable so that it stops. 😂

Genii Genii Gwenymoo Gwenymoo Maxxob Maxxob

Pestle shook his head side to side, up and down vehemently as he drank the dragon's fire. He belched a rancid gust of air and slithered down behind the bar in search of prey.
If he was effected by the alcohol, it wasn't easily evident.

((Probably not going to be super active today))

Callan, Percival & Barry (npc)

Callan frowned, confused by Pierre’s statement. Hopefully the rookie wasn’t intending to flirt his way out of trouble? … might be fun to watch though.

The Siren shook his head hearing Rika’s advice to Toby. Callan didn’t mind drinking and a bit of banter with the other hunters, but it was rare for him to let anyone get closer than that. He preferred to fly solo and rely on himself.

Barry heard a thud and spotted the undead python slithering behind his bar. The dwarf grimaced in disapproval and went in search of his trusty war-hammer.

Callan resumed trying to drink himself happy, but before he could reach for the jug of Dragon’s Fire he felt somebody step on the end of his lion-like tail. “Oi! What the f-“

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry-” Percival apologised in a panic as the angry looking winged man got to his feet. The teen was carrying so much stuff that he just hadn’t spotted the tufted appendage until it was too late.

nathanKmcwilliams nathanKmcwilliams Maxxob Maxxob Gwenymoo Gwenymoo Oli Beju Oli Beju

Rika’s modicum of focus was soon shattered by the the sudden invectives of the aplomb Callan. Quickly glancing over, setting down her tea, she noticed a boy not much younger than herself, cloying in profuse mea culpas to the steadily irate man on whose tail he'd just trot. She peered past the man’s obsidian pinions to Percival, eyeing him before her gaze suddenly latched onto his armor, and more importantly, the sigil that they bore, the undershirt and other paraphernalia only compounding her suspicions. As if on impulse, her hand inched toward the dagger on her hip, a suspicious, nearly reviled sneer traced its way through her lips. She wasn’t even the one with an assaulted tail, and yet her glare was unnaturally fractious, perhaps even surpassing Callan’s. “Since when the hell did the Renton gentry frequent this place…?” She spoke in an almost whisper to Callan, eyes locked in glare on Percival.

Genii Genii

Last edited:
Pierre
Interactions: Percival Genii Genii

Reactions: Callan Genii Genii / Rika Oli Beju Oli Beju

Pierre stopped to contemplate for a moment, not something he did very often. He had met so may different characters that day, including an undead python. It surely looked like the Hunter’s Guild was an assortment of unique people. Unique… so were the king’s guard. His merry expression vanished, in a single moment. While his cheeks were still slightly reddish, it was almost as if all the alcohol that was in his system simply vanished. The faces of his fallen comrades, those who he saw bested in mortal combat personally, and those who were missing flashed before his very eyes. Maybe if he had been more capable, things would have turned out differently. But then again, wouldn’t be presumptuous of him to think he, alone, would have made much of a difference?

His hand started to grip the upper part of the épée handle. The leather glove creaked with the sound of leather being forced against itself. His eyebrows furrowed, a sense of duty, in his eyes, but in reality revenge, started to burn inside of him. He could only imagine what sort of chaos his homeland was engulfed in, most likely a civil war - “Hahahaha, it is useless” - he said to himself, in a tone of self-pity. His attention was only diverted when he heard a commotion coming from where he was previously. It looked like someone had stepped on Callan’s tail, something he had not noticed in his physiognomy previously. He would take note of it. Observant as he was, he had noticed that Rika’s expression had changed drastically. Was it the effect of bad tea? Or maybe she and the new arrival had some bad blood between them? Regardless, it was not his place to pry in it, at the very least, not at that moment in time. He did, however, spend some time watching their interaction, left arm across his chest, with his right one over it, supporting his chin.

It was then he noticed something was still on his left right: the empty glass, which previously held the burning concoction - “I better turn this in” - he would hate to know the fury of the bartender if he broke it. Walking back towards the counter, just at feathered guild mate side, he placed the empty glass on the counter, pushing it towards the side of the bar which the bartender would be. Strangely enough, searching from side to side, there was no sign of him. Maybe he had to use the restroom, as he would imagine standing up for so long would make him go to the latrine with more frequency than normal - “This is enough for me” - the fencer commented, turning towards the man who had stepped on the tufted Callan’s appendage - “Do you need help carrying those?” - Pierre said to the teen, pointing at the objects he had been carrying - “I would hate to see you stepping on another tail” - he concluded and, despite his offer, his expression was dead serious.

Callan & Percival

“… dunno, never seen him before.” Callan folded his arms as he regarded the nervous looking young man. Was he dressed in his undies?

Percival cringed as Rika started giving him a nasty glare too. “W-well, I’m new here… and I truly am sorry. That was completely by accident, I assure you.” He peered around the shiny chest plate that he was practically now hugging.

Percy was thankful that another hunter (Pierre) interrupted the awkward encounter. “Oh, yes please. That would be wonderful, thank you. I was returning these to my room upstairs.” The teen had already dropped an armoured boot and pauldron when he was yelled at.

Callan grumbled something about rookies and sat down again. “What’s ruffled your feathers?” He said to Rika, noticing how tense the sorcerer was.

Maxxob Maxxob Oli Beju Oli Beju Gwenymoo Gwenymoo

The boy’s apologetic demeanor won out and, not a moment too soon, Pierre intervened and provided his assistance, before the boy could drop what remained of his armor… and possibly his dignity. On further observation, Rika acquiesced that the boy’s intent wasn’t malicious… for now at least, and her own vitriol subsided. For a brief second, she'd almost felt a slight guilt, but it, too, quickly vanished, as the value of truth to his words was, of yet, unconfirmed.

When all was calm again, she sipped her tea and turned back in her chair, facing the bar, listening to Callan and then inhaling. “I'm-- we’re all a ways from Renton is all… and quite frankly I’d rather it stay that way.” She sipped her drink, a slight wroth glare still remained as she stared into space. By now, the prospect of who the boy was or could be, was dancing in her mind, as if the notion that he truly was simply a newcomer from a familiar town was an inherently frivolous concept. Sooner or later, she’d find out... one way or another. After taking another sip, she continued to Callan, “Pay no mind to me, Callan. It'd be rather unbecoming of you…" She then grinned slightly, trying to abate the seriousness of her distant gaze, "...and besides, you’re the only one here with feathers.

Genii Genii

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back