• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Hunter’s Inn || Monster Hunting RP [OPEN]

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Pierre
Interactions: Beryl - Barry Genii Genii

“I always mean what I say, madame (madam)” - the fencer said, still looking at Beryl and then, in turn, changing his attention to the dwarf - “Of course monsieur (sir), I am right behind you” - he performed a small bow, before following the short bartender - “Pardon my intrusion, but did something happen? You don’t seem to be in the best of moods” - he asked, as soon as he stopped in front of the table. If he were dignified with an answer, his lie detection would be employed. Who knows what kind of secrets would the stout figure in front of him be keeping.

Moving his cape, which had little real utility, out of the way, he bent over and took the contract in his hands, reading it, while still paying attention to Barry’s explanation about the deal - “Ohhh… so many amenities. I see everything I heard about the guild was true, but I am even more impressed” - with the surprise in his expression, it was clear the man actually meant what he was saying. His eyebrows twitched when he read a passage about upstanding the guild’s reputation, and a small drop of sweat formed in the corner of his face - “This is part is way too vague… I hope I don’t screw up” - he thought to himself, while clearing up his throat.

Still scanning the contract, he read the part which stated ‘petition for resurrection’ - “I would be out of my right mind if I didn’t ask for this” - after he was satisfied with examining the contract, the former-noble brought the contract back to the table. Before taking the quill, however, the brought his left hand to the red ink. Closing his fist, he pushed a signet, with his family crest, into the ink and then stamped the contract, making sure it was visible. The coat of arms was a shield, with a rose and a sword in an X shape. He then took a small handkerchief from his right pocket with his right-hand, wiping out the excess ink from the ring. Finally, taking the quill with his right hand, he signed the contract with his full name, marking the resurrection petition with an ‘Y’.

“All done” - he commented, putting the quill down. Now that business had been taken care of, Pierre would move to pleasure, and he had the perfect idea on how to start - “Say, when the guild mistress called you, I saw you were behind the counter. Would you perhaps also be the bartender? I am awfully thirsty” - he said to the dwarf and, with a sleight of hand, he produced one of this last two golden coins. Holding it between the very end of his middle and index fingers, he offered it to Barry.

Barry (npc)

“Nonsense, I’m ‘appy as Larry.” Or Barry in this case. The Dwarf was clearly being sarcastic. After a glare from the guild master he decided to tone down his attitude, Pierre wasn’t the reason he was moody after all.

“Welcome ter the ‘unters Guild.” Barry filed away Pierre’s paperwork once it had been signed, and climbed down from the chair he’d been stood on.

“Aye.” He nodded as the rookie asked if he was the guild’s barman. “I’ll start a tab for ya. What’ll it be - a beer, wine, mead… somethin’ stronger?” The dwarf disappeared behind the bar, but soon reappeared on the other side of the counter. He must have had a lot of stools and steps back there.

Maxxob Maxxob

_______

Percival

“A spell book…” Percival said with quiet enthusiasm. “It certainly sounds important to you.” The most important item Percival had was the ring that he wore on a chain around his neck, but if you asked him he’d probably say it was Sam - his horse.

“I’d love to see you perform some of your spells sometime.” He said as Anat mentioned conjuring tools and creating friends (whatever that meant).

“Me? Well… I er don’t know any magic spells or anything.” Percy smiled. “I’m ok with a sword I suppose. I started learning when I was young, and I had a very good teacher. Though I must admit, today was my first time fighting a monster… and my sword barely made a dent in it.”

“It’s good, right?” Percival said as Meg joined them in the hot pool. “Much better than a line of servants emptying lukewarm kettles over one’s head.”

Yonsisac Yonsisac Lost Echo Lost Echo Gwenymoo Gwenymoo

(At work so might be less detailed posts)
Genii Genii Lost Echo Lost Echo Gwenymoo Gwenymoo
Ana sitting in the water, with such blissful warmth, closing her eyes, slowly doving off, hearing Percy and at some point maybe just completely going relaxed. But her eyes open as soon he answere her of what he can do, a fighter? He seem to have the skill from what he says but the sword might be the issue" Well Percy you have the skill that's for sure it seems, you just need a better equipment, and I bet in time you will be monster hunting like nothing. Would like to see myself to be honest" She said still thinking....could she cast a spell? I mean yea no harm but she can't ever decide bringing any of her family's here, bad idea. But she had a idea. With a grin "well I mean, I can show you" she said. Getting distracted by Meg who joined .

"Well, It's great is it? I have to agree with Percy, this is the life. Like. Imagen having a stressful night and just coming here..." it was blissful at the thought, she bets this is the most important place for many hunters of the guild. Soon she started thinking. Looking over her spell book, she reached for it, barely touching its edge, scabing at it with her finger only for it to soon fall on the ground. A disgruntled sigh escaped as, atleast did not fall in the pool. Draging it to the edge and Looking at the book, the pages flipped on there own and soon stopped at one of the starting ones "alright yea this..." silently to herself. By Planting her hand on the edge of the pool, she soon quickly raised it and beneath it, a small blue slime appeared. "Tada!" With a cheerful success, extreamly simple and even beginner magic she has not casted in years. "This little guy was my first ever spell when studying, just a normal slime" laying back down in the pool the little slime slid off and floated on the surface of the water, slowly it slid away with no control over its movement, gelatinous body trying to grasp and move but unable to. More akin to a cube of ice in water floating about.

She remember Meg said her ability with water smiling she asked "hey Meg did you not say you could manipulate water in a way? Why not show me, have not seen it" at the same time looking over to Ramirez and back to Meg...wonder what he could do.

Callan

Callan shoved the door to the Inn open, still folding his feathered wings away as he stomped across the guildhall. He appeared to be in a hurry, but Beryl stepped in his way before he could make it to the dormitory stairs.

“Dog’s fine. Found a Leshen. Nobody’s dead.” He made a face, remembering Pestle. “… kind of.” He moved to pass the Half-orc, but she started a conversation.

“A Leshen south of the wall?” Beryl didn’t sound too happy to hear that, especially after the Shaelmaar and news about a possible Wyrm infestation. That was the second quest today with an unexpected high level target. “We need to raise our prices...”
_______

Percival

“Maybe I can buy a sword like Ramirez’s” Percival laughed. Said sword was as big as Percy, he couldn’t even lift the thing.

Percival’s eyes widened and then he frowned in confusion. Was living slime normal? Maybe it was where Anat came from? He was too polite to say otherwise, and blinked as the sentient (?) blob plopped into the pool.

“Fascinating…” Percy said, swimming after the odd floating slime to see where it went. “Are you alright little guy?” He asked as he saw the being struggle in the water.

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo Lost Echo Lost Echo Yonsisac Yonsisac

Last edited:
Ramirez made a daaaaaaw! Expression and carefully scooped up the slime in his hands. "What an absolutely adorable lil fella!" He carefully pet it with a finger tip watching it wobble, the seasoned warrior enamoured by the slime.

Genii Genii Lost Echo Lost Echo Yonsisac Yonsisac

Genii Genii Lost Echo Lost Echo Gwenymoo Gwenymoo

Anat was supriced how it seems very intrigued over the little guy, are they not common in the area? Well maybe since her father was the one who brought one from far, even she has no idea where they come from. "He is fine, infact I bet better than anyone here, it is a blue slime, but more specifically a Aqua slime. Dad always saw me infatuated with fish and aquatic animals so he brought one home, and after that, it's history. It multiplicated and was taken care like a family pet and the inspiration for my first spell" she smiled, seeing how the little guy did not vanish "he is suppose to...um like camouflage and dissappear in the water but I think it's too warm so it's just....floats" wondering was all she could think, maybe it needed to be acclimated and soon it could dive and vanish. But it did not seem hurt or anything just confused...

The little slime as soon it was picked up, slowly at snail pace began to make its way to the edge of Percy's hand, it seem confused more than anything. As soon Ramirez's came close, gelatinous body slowly stretch out to touch back, poking it and grasping the tip of his finger. The small jelly began to pull itself towards Ramirez seeming curiuse of the new pair of hands.

"Just so you know....that's not a ACTUAL slime...just a, how I say um, magical manifestation of one. It's not the real deal. In a hour or two, it will sadly... vanish" Anat said sensing they don't know how summons won't stay forever, she hopes they do not grow to attach to the little guy. wishing they could was a miracle, but the amount of magic needed was far from what she could even achieve right now. Maybe one day but sadly. Not today.

"Awww dats a pity, they seem just the right size to be kept in a nice tank." he wiggled the finger "whos a cutie, you are yes you are." he crooned at the magical blob.

Percival

“It’s a he?” Percival smiled from ear to ear, watching the slime hold onto Ramirez’s finger. “He wants to shake hands. How polite.”

“Hm. Perhaps the soap in the water prevents him from sinking?” The Teen pondered.

“He’ll dissapear?” Percival’s smile vanished. “Oh, that is sad… does he have a name?”

"I was a kid but, his name is dropsies. Don't worry he can come out and play when he needs to. Just never put him in the cold or he might freeze up" Anat was a bit shamed of admiting that yes, he won't be here forever but she can simply bring him out again. He is not gone aslong the spell book is near, witch should always be.

"Yea it's a he....well....I just call it a he because, blue. But they are genderless, they just...split in two, then four, so on and so on. I bet if there was no soap, he would have been long gone by now" chuckling. If the little slime was pink, one would think it's a she, but Ana was just a kid at the time so she knew no better. And it just stuck.

The little slime seem to respond by the attention, soon enveloping Ramirez's finger fully and slowly the rest of his hand. It seem playful in a way. It wiggled softly trying to keep both there attention.

"It's possible to make him stay permanently, but right now I don't have the slightest skill to do that" it was less skill and more just raw magic and right now she had little. New equipment was needed but she was just starting off. Actually that made her think.

"Speaking of skill....should we check the quest board later? Maybe we could all 4 go on a quest after some rest and food. I have yet to take on one myself" once in a quest with actual danger, she could definitely get out some more meaner friends, infact she wonders if some miss fighting as some are just born to do just that. But more importantly, the feel of a actual quest would be enticing.

Genii Genii Gwenymoo Gwenymoo Lost Echo Lost Echo

Ramirez inspected the slime glove, "heh maybe he thinks i taste like magic." There may of been a slither of truth in that comment
"oh sure, be fun to see what you can do, bet you and meg would work great together as a magic duo"

Pierre
Interactions: Barry Genii Genii

Albeit, he noticed the sarcasm in which his question was answered with, Pierre didn’t think much of it. Perhaps that was how the dwarf was. Following the bartender towards the bar’s counter, the former-guard sat on one of the bar stools, directly in front of him. One could only wonder how much of an apparatus there was behind that counter, to make sure Barry could move around from patron to patron, always being able to serve them at eye level. Pierre wondered about that, having his left arm resting on the counter, while his right one, also on the counter, gave support to his own chin, with a closed fist.

While he tried to kill his curiosity, the dwarf spoke, wanting to know what he would drink. The foreigner’s face clearly light up when he heard the word ‘tab’. Drink now, pay later, what could be better than that? Fixing his posture, now both his hands were resting on the counter, while he listened to his options with utmost attention - “Wine?” - he asked, raising one eyebrow as if the bartender had just said the most suspicious thing he had ever heard in his entire life.

Keeping such an expression for a few moments, it suddenly dissolved into a malicious grin - “Barry, Barry… if I didn’t know you any better, I would think you are trying to get me in your bedchambers… wait, I don’t know you… at least not yet!” - he winked towards the dwarf. This charade wasn’t kept for too long, and Pierre start laughing - “I kid, I kid. Mmmmm… I think a mead would be perfect to start with”

Barry (npc)
Callan

Barry was a little lost for words, and his freckled cheeks turned as red as his hair. “Mead it is.” The dwarf said after clearing his throat. He moved further down the bar to prepare the drink.

Callan spent the next few minutes upstairs in the dormitory hallway, affixing something to the outside of Urzoth’s door - a little momento, in the form of Fifi the chihuahua’s face. He grinned once the door-knocker was installed, then made his way back downstairs for a drink.

“Whisky.” The armoured Siren barked at the Barman as he claimed one of the stools at the bar. “Stiff one.”

Barry served Pierre first before begrudgingly pouring something for Callan.

Last edited:
Meg blinked, confused by what Percival said. She was definitely not the type to be chosen to provide the bath water for the guests. Thankfully only the pretty girls got that duty. But a line of servants sounds ridiculous. She didn’t waste the brainpower responding to him, when Anat moved the conversation forward, “I want to live here. And never leave.” Why would people do anything else? She watched in curiosity as the woman reached for a sparkling book she hadn’t noticed. She seemed to treat it roughly, letting it drop to the ground then dragging it closer. By the sparkles Meg could tell it was a spell book, so she sat up watching carefully as Anat tried to find the correct page.

Then the magic occurred. From nothing, she created an adorable blob of blue. Meg’s jaw dropped as the creature, glittering with magic, wobbled on the surface, moving with the water. It was amazing. “Here” She raised her hand, a stream of water rising level with the slime, then similarly reached out to poke it back. “Oh. He’s amazing none the less. Does he know that?

I probably won’t join you on another quest, but I can take a look with you guys.” But that would mean leaving this bliss.

"I can always bring you a souvenir if you need a lil break Meg" Ramirez offered, gently passing her the blue blob. Moving above the cloudy water showed the man had what looked like a chunk of blue crystal bang smack in the centre of his chest. It had a soft glow and acted like a blue hunk of glass, the beating shadow of his heart could be seen through it.

Taking the little guy reverently, she coated her hands in water, in case he didn't appreciate being separated from it. The flash of blue made her head jerk, had Anat summoned another one? Could she? Meg was waking up while in the water, so the questions were growing. "You can summon him anytime? Or do you need to have read the spell just before?"

Looking back up, she forwent manners asking Ramirez, "What is that?"

"What is what?" Ramirez tilted his head sitting back with a bit of a confused expression. Parts of his upper arms also had small spatterings of the blue stones

Percival

“Dropsies.” Percival chuckled at the name choice. “I’m glad he doesn’t disappear completely.”

“It couldn’t hurt to take a look.” He said as Anat mentioned the quest board. There was one that concerned him - the quest about the missing villagers, but after what they’d experienced today… perhaps he’d help out with some of the easier missions.

It seemed Meg was forward enough to ask Ramirez about the stones in his chest. Percival wanted to know what they were too, so went very quiet as he waited for the Veteran to answer.

Where was her filter? Where was her control? She wasn't sure if the blue she was seeing was actually there or just enough magic she couldn't tell the difference. Wouldn't the others have asked if it was visible to normal people? Or maybe they had manners. Still, she set her jaw, knowing her power while literally in her element and continued, "If you don't want to say, then tell me off, but do you have magic in your body?" She lowered Dropsie into the water once more. If he only had a few hours, he should enjoy himself as long as possible.

Pierre
Interactions: Callan Genii Genii

The reaction was on the bartender’s face was much better than expected, and Pierre was glad about the result of his mischief. Looking to his side, he saw another patron order a beverage - “You sure look like you can handle more than just hard liquor… nice posture.” - he said, grabbing the tankard with the mead. He lifted slightly towards the new patron, giving a few swigs - “Ahhhh, I needed that” - the former-guard let out a sigh of pure satisfaction with the beverage. If everything is in the same level as the mead, they sure had some nice quality alcohol in the guild.

“I am Pierre. How about you, monsieur (sir)? What is your name?” - he asked Callan, stretching his right hand and leaving it open for a handshake.

"Ooo ah um that ...that" he awkwardly chuckled and rubbed the back of his head. He glanced down best he could at his chest and tapped the crystal. "Dis thing? Yeah its dis stuff called Magicorium, its like solid magic? Found like um... im old ruins and uh dragon graveyards if I recall right." He fidgited a little, best get dis all outta the way now than later, never was a good liar. "Ya see uh back before I worked ere I was wit dis other sorta hunter group over in Telania, got really baddly injured on an hunt. Wasnt lookin like I'd make it, so... i kinda was an experiment ta see if dees stones could be used for like...uhh medical purposes yeah? Well it uh worked, but aa lil too well? It sorta grows and spreads over time, naturally like generating raw magic energy."

Meg felt like a boar the longer Ramirez fidgeted. Even the idea that there were dragon graveyards (did other dragons set them up?) didn’t help the sinking feeling. She shouldn’t have asked. He’d been so kind; he’d given her a handkerchief! Which she then lost. And he hadn't been upset. He even gave her a hug! She wanted to rip at her ears, she was so stupid. Why couldn’t she just shut up and work? She opened her mouth to try and make it better, “I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have asked.” She looked down at Dropsie, who seemed to be enjoying the bobbing of the water. “It’s beautiful. And I’m glad they worked. Does it hurt?” Her ears seemed to droop, standing out from her wet hair. How could she still feel the amazing comfort of the water surrounding her everything but also feel so bad?

Callan

Callan also looked to his side, just to check that the stranger wasn’t talking to somebody else. He looked Pierre up and down after the posture compliment and all he could grumble back was, “… nice hat.” Not the best come-back, but it had been a long day.

The man hesitated, but eventually took Pierre’s hand for a quick firm shake. “Callan.”

“What brings you ‘ere… you postin’ a quest or somethin?” He asked, turning to the drink that Barry just slid his way. He knocked it back and asked for another.

Maxxob Maxxob

________

Percival

“… it’s spreading?” Percival finally plucked up the nerve to ask a question too. “Isn’t that dangerous?” He worried what might happen if the stones continued to grow.

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo Lost Echo Lost Echo Yonsisac Yonsisac

Ramirez gave Meg one of his assure head pats, ruffling her hair gently. "Don't be sorry, they do kinda stand out eh?" He smiled trying to lighten the mood then Percy piped up.
"Oh well i tend ta uhh trim em and sand em down when they stick out too much. Tend to show up where I get wounded. Tend to toss decent sized bits ta Morgana, keeps her happy." He shrugged "they can get hot sometimes, itch a fair bit, uhhh the glowing can be a pain when ya wanna go ta sleep...sometimes I have black outs but nuttin bads happened so far." He grinned.

Genii Genii Lost Echo Lost Echo Yonsisac Yonsisac nathanKmcwilliams nathanKmcwilliams

I just… I can’t even do this today.” I set upon the map of the world laid on the ground below. Nonpareil fastidiousness would be an ersatz description for what she’d put into her work, and it was now strewn about in the muck, compliments of her own hurriedness to reach the inn before the messenger had arrived carrying what she hoped would be a welcome bout of reprieve from three months of hard journeying on the eastern coast. Earlier, a frisson of terrified excitement could be felt in every bead of sweat, but en route to the inn, one of the scrolled maps that was poorly placed in her âumonière bag had fallen directly into one of the many puddles formed from the previous evening’s rain. “And after all the work that I went to... just to get back to town before the downpour.” She continued aloud to herself. Histrionics notwithstanding, the excitement had yet to abate; she grabbed the scroll and held it open whilst continuing onward, albeit at a somewhat diminished pace.

~

Upon reaching the inn, the intricately illustrated east coastal map had become naught but a sea of smudges, mud and grime on much of its lower right portion, and no amount of touch-ups were going to improve its pitiful appearance. Unwilling to scrap the project, Rika rolled up the still somewhat damp parchment, reached into her bag, grabbed a spare binding string and gently tied it round the rolled up mess, resolving to hold it until it so dried to at least be ready for storage. With a somewhat disheveled, hurried step, she entered the building, heading straight for the kitchens while reaching into her bag.

Whence she reached the kitchen, she stopped briefly, looking around and then spotting the cook: “Colin! I’ve got something for you! Good ones this time… I think![/FONT]” She called out, rummaging through a panoply of items that had been stuffed into her capacious bag, while walking up to Colin’s usual work area (walking slower as if stalling until she could find exactly what it was she was talking about until finally…), she stopped, having found the small, corked carafe of herbs, that she’d acquired while out east; red Jōjé Leaves with a fiery yellowish tint around the tip and edges that curled in all the right ways as if they’d been pristinely dry-preserved long before they were placed in the jar. “Don’t use them all at once! Or at least not on someone you care about!” Without waiting for the four armed semi-giant to respond (that he could, anyway), she quickly paced out of the kitchen and scuffled over to Beryl, the proud half-orc with a history under her belt and a demeanor to match it. “Beryl! …[/FONT]” Suddenly it was as though spit had caught in her throat. Nervousness and an almost saturnine apprehension began clouding her senses, such that the words choked themselves in her throat until finally she managed to blurt out the first coherent thing that came to mind. “Mail!! I— charter— did… did the messenger leave anything for me?[/FONT]”

(I just wanna say congrats on the first quest finish, guys. Glad to be joining up in MC/IC mode to play with y'all. <3)

Last edited:
Pierre
Interactions: Callan - Barry Genii Genii

The anemic come-back he ended up receiving from the armored man sounded more like a compliment than anything else - "I see you have good taste. This hat was the latest fashion item back in Orlais" - Pierre answered with a balant lie. In fact, the hat was part of the guard uniform - "The feathers are from black swans, only really found within the royal grounds. More precisely, the lake owned by the king..." - stopping himself for a moment, the fencer cleared his throat and corrected his statement- "... well, it was owned by the late king" - after saying it so, the man took another swig of his mead.

"It is a pleasure to meet you Callan" - he said, shaking the stranger's hand. He looked like a friendly fellow, albeit quite direct. But the foreigner didn't mind it at all - "Hahahaha, nothing of sorts. I just need to make some cash... wait, no, I actually need to make a lot of it. That is why I am here, I've just joined" - after saying it so, he took the tankard in his hand once again, but this time he drank until it was empty - "Surprise me with something stronger this time, Barry" - he told the dwarf, sliding the empty tankard towards him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back