• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Hunter’s Inn || Monster Hunting RP [OPEN]

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
"Hehehehehe Mudman." He chuckled softly as he watched them down the drink "Me ooo bout...hmm five or so years?" He mused as he clomped his way to the stairwell, leaving a muddy trail, clearly his job came before comfort. "Up ere is the living quarters, bit like an inn ya see, most newbies bunk together, stay long enough and you get your own room." He pointed to one of the doors "dat one is mine, so if theres every any trouble give me a hauler."
Anat the woman with a boom

Interactions: Ramirez Gwenymoo Gwenymoo
Addendum: I don't know, I like Ramirez accent.

Ana followed Ramirez down a stairwell, this place sure had a dam ton of rooms. Looking around and hearing Ramirez, so for now she would bunk with other rookies and enough time she would get her own room, alright easy enough. "Five years? Impressive, I guess you been through many hunts I reckon" She asked seeing him point his room, well that would be great just in case, the fact knows more than her, a guide in the first few days would be needed. "I see, so all veteran's get there own room, quite exquisite. If I need anything I would make sure to, ask thank you" she said, the mands mud coverd body being rather a distraction. Won't the cleaners....get botherd in a way by him leaving a trail like this? Will he clean it? Judging how cozy and practically clean the place is. This will be cleaned soon enough.

She would question him if they would mind...but if he has been 5 years here...better not, this might be normal for all she knows. Especially since Beryl did not seem to raise a bat to it. Dedication at its finest. "Sorry to sound intruding sir Ramirez...what have you hunted if i may ask? Curiosity sake, 5 years, must seen alot" She asked as her steps echoed through, following him, as a researcher, maybe new specimens she has never seen can be found here more than other areas, while as well wondering what would the next stop would be.

" Hmm 'unted eh.. well theres been wyverns, dragons, a devious pooka, tatzelwyrms, chimeras, nargours and other beasts." He gestured for them to follow, heading back down and past the hall.

" Ere you can use the gym and training hall, has weapons and other tools to practise with, you can spar too with other members." He opened the door to the changing rooms and through to the large hall, mats set on the floor and a climbing frames folding against the walls.

After showing the gym he lead them out past the stables and whistled for Meg and Percy to follow. Heading to the baths out the back of the complex.
"Here you can scrub up and relax, water aint always heated mind... depends on the boilers temperment."

Genii Genii Lost Echo Lost Echo Yonsisac Yonsisac

Anat the Conjuration mage

Interactions: Ramirez Gwenymoo Gwenymoo Possibly Meg and Percy
Addendum: more peeps

Paying close attention, this man has hunted many critters in his career, even full on dragons and chimeras, dangerous ones she thinks, to say the least. Do she has never heard of a Nargours, sounds all to new and maybe native to these parts perhaps? Very intriguing. "I say, mighty impressive feats i may add, Ramirez. Some i never heard about, i know these part of the land are notorious for such dangers but, never would think so many." Monster hunting seems dangerous but just by the words of 1 veteran, its alot more. Imagen Beryl! she must have hunted...who knows what!.

The Training hall/gym seems well equipped, good space and even tools of need for those who don't have their own. She should come here later on to test out her magic a bit, its been a while and its best to hone up, we are talking about giant beast and dangers of great proportions. And as a rookie, lives can be in danger, slacking off could everlast her downfall.

Exiting out and in to the stables, besides the horses, there seemed to be a...Drake of sorts! and Ramirez seem to know the people there whistling at them. Ana was captivated by the drake, she has seen her fair chair of tamed creatures from her studies but ever rarely those of dragon descent, especially a land dragon, or drake, as she calls them. "I read about the tamers guild but...i rarely ever see land dragons, i think this is the second one..." thats where she presumes the drake was tamed, maybe later she could take a closer look. Waving at the two people Ramirez whistled at, making sure to be acquainted and friendly.

Reaching the bath house, it was rather large and admittedly, impressive. "I will be honest Sir Ramirez, I am thankful for the tour, i hope you don't mind me tagging along. getting to know the place and being introduced to fellow hunters. I am a bit out of words i won't lie." Saying with a smile as a form of compliment to him and his friends that seem to join in, waiting for them to tag along and being able to formly know them. Before even enlisting, she kept hearing how the guild was all rough, serious and, what would you imagen a Mercenary group? Maybe it's the fact they were people who have not even seen it but, this is...a amazing turn around.

'The Phantom Armory'.jpgConnor Brazzinford.jpg
Connor Brazzinford - 'The Phantom Armory'

The faint sound of footsteps could be heard as metal boots approached the entrance of the guild, growing louder and louder as three more sets grew closer to the doors. As the door swung open a black suit of armor lined in gold with a crimson red cape walked in, followed by three others dressed in a similar style of armor. The sophisticated designs signified that they were some of the highest quality armor money could buy, suggesting that whoever was behind the visor was wealthy. Murmurs began to echo through the guild hall, with the four figures approaching the guild master Beryl. The faceplate protecting the mouth and nose of the leader split in two to reveal their face to the guild master, with a low toned voice speaking up enough for few to hear.
"The bandit camp has been cleared out. Managed to capture some of them, but most of them had to be dealt with." The leader of the four stated, glancing around the room to make sure they avoided unwanted gazes. The leader then handed the guild master the notice for the completed quest, sitting down at the bar as a Dragon's Fire was handed to them and taking a sip. The other three armored figures walked off towards the dormitories, leaving the figure simply known as 'The Phantom Armory' to drink alone.​

Beryl
Guildhall/quest board

Beryl gave Connor a nod of thanks. Whenever bandit quests popped up on the quest board it made the half-orc’s blood boil. These were the kind of problems the city guard were supposed to deal with, but the guild could use the extra gold she supposed.

“Glad to hear it.” Beryl said as she took the slip of paper. Any other Hunter she’d scold for questing alone, but Connor was the exception - the reason for which just marched by, in the form of three suits of armour.

“Bear tells me yer workin’ on somethin’ new in the smithy?” Barry the barman said as he refilled Connor’s mug. The redheaded dwarf barely showed any excitement (for anything really), but he always seemed interested in Connor’s suits of armour.

II-CinderRadcliff-II II-CinderRadcliff-II

_______

Percival

“Sorrel once told me that magic requires a lot of ener-“ Percival was interrupted by the loud whistle. It made Samira whinny in her pen. The muddy teen hurriedly got up incase there was a problem, but it just turned out to be Ramirez and a Hunter he hadn’t met before… one of the man’s friends perhaps?

“I suppose they want us to follow?” Percival gestured for Meg to go first, and said his goodbyes to Sam and Thunder.

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo Lost Echo Lost Echo Yonsisac Yonsisac

Last edited:
Thunder gave a sad little huff as the pair left and trotted herself into her stall.

"I don't mind at all, the more the merrier" He beamed, "Oh the dragon is mine, She's called Thunder. I can introduce you to her later if you'd like? Shes a big softy and loves carrots." The man explained proudly, clearly Thunder meant a lot to him and had be a stalwart companion in his hunts over the years. "Now these two are Meg and Percy, they've just done their first hunt with me, showing a tonne of promise so I can't wait to see what they do next. Meg, Percy this is Anat they just join da guild today so I hope yall can be friends ok?"

With the brief introduction over he headed into the bath house, clomping his way to the mens changing area to remove his armour.

Genii Genii Lost Echo Lost Echo Yonsisac Yonsisac

Anat the Conjuration mage

Interactions: Ramirez Gwenymoo Gwenymoo Meg and Percy Lost Echo Lost Echo Genii Genii
Addendum: rookie gang

"That would be exquisite! Thunder is a very fitting name for a land dragon and being able to meet them would be, quite a extraordinary start." Ana is clearly in up mood from the fact she may later on meet thunder, or is it the drink taking effect? She dose feel slightly buzzed from the walk. The drake she saw years ago was mostly a wyrmling, small and fragile. Taking care of one was a problem to, always wanting food or the warmth, and since it was a fire drake, it's either red hot coal or the nearest open flame. But a full grown female up close? Never, it's a rarity in her eyes. And soon enough she would meet 2 new individuals who are rookies like her.

"Well, it is my plessure Percy and Meg, seems you two are as well recruits, promising ones at that. I hope to one day be by your side in a hunt, but I do imagen you're first hunt was a unique experiance " She stated extending her hand for a shake, it seems the guild is no shortage of hunters and just by the sight of Percy and Meg, they really do seem with alot of promise. Not needing a bath she stood in the main entrance of the bathhouse as Ramirez vanish inside to take away the layer of mud armor he had.

While with Percy and Meg she wondered, what can most hunters do? She actually did not think of that, what makes people like Ramirez, such strong hunters? Magic? Physical prowess? Maybe she will see it first hand one day so thete might be no need to ask yet.

By the time Meg had remembered who Sorrel was, Percival was interrupted by a sharp whistle causing her to jump, the water around her hands flowing upward then back down. Percival was quick to follow, but the halfbreed hesitated, Thunder might be clean now, but she surely wasn’t in a pen. Still, the temptation of a bathing area was hard to resist. “You’ll be okay?” She checked with the land dragon. She always assumed animals could understand her, and in her experience, it had held true. Certainly, as soon as they started to leave, the land dragon seemed to find her stall.

Heading over to Ramirez, she blushed bright red at someone seeing how much of a mess she was. Hurrying to cover her ears, she gave a slight curtsy to the newcomer. “It’s a pleasure to meet you, Anat.” She was surprised by how quickly Ramirez disappeared into one side of this large building. Was it truly a bathhouse? She’d heard those had hot water, but she’d never been able to go into one. “I certainly hope it was unique. I might try to get a bit more training before the next one.” She smiled, trying to pretend she was perfectly comfortable covering in the flaking mud.

Percival

“It’s nice to meet you too.” Percival reached for Anat’s hand, but hesitated once he realised how caked in mud his own was. He went with a little wave instead.

“Oh, it was definitely an experience. I’ve never seen such a ferocious creature.” Percival exclaimed. “I thought we were done for, but everything turned out alright in the end.”

“I joined just yesterday. I thought I could do more good here than back at the paaa-lace I lived.” Nice one. Percival changed the subject. “Did you travel far to get here?”

(Sorry for vague post at work had to be quick)

Interactions: Ramirez, Percy and Meg
Addendum: Mud gang now

Anat smiled at both who....were also coverd in mud, what happened here? She knows that yes, the creature but...what happen at the moment of the hunt? "Well Meg training is vital, if you would like to spar later, just let me know, would like myself to train equally" especially since she has yet to even battle a creature, training for it would make sure it succeed. "I just glad all went well"

Looking over at Percy who...yea he was mud as well, seeing the wave, Anat slowly realizing that they seem would need one "aslong all turned well and kept stalwart, easy victory i imagen" But a bit to focused on Percy as he asked a question she would never though would be asked " Well Percy, I do infact come rather far, the south coast edge, took me a few day travel here but in the end I don't regret it!"

Looking at the to with a slight smile and a silent chuckle "just by judging you two, seems everyone needs a bit of time in said bathhouse" she said only to silently ask "what even happen over there? Everyone seem to be coverd in mud.."

View attachment 1024348View attachment 1024349
Connor Brazzinford - 'The Phantom Armory'

The faint sound of footsteps could be heard as metal boots approached the entrance of the guild, growing louder and louder as three more sets grew closer to the doors. As the door swung open a black suit of armor lined in gold with a crimson red cape walked in, followed by three others dressed in a similar style of armor. The sophisticated designs signified that they were some of the highest quality armor money could buy, suggesting that whoever was behind the visor was wealthy. Murmurs began to echo through the guild hall, with the four figures approaching the guild master Beryl. The faceplate protecting the mouth and nose of the leader split in two to reveal their face to the guild master, with a low toned voice speaking up enough for few to hear.
"The bandit camp has been cleared out. Managed to capture some of them, but most of them had to be dealt with." The leader of the four stated, glancing around the room to make sure they avoided unwanted gazes. The leader then handed the guild master the notice for the completed quest, sitting down at the bar as a Dragon's Fire was handed to them and taking a sip. The other three armored figures walked off towards the dormitories, leaving the figure simply known as 'The Phantom Armory' to drink alone.​

• mood

thoughtful, thirsty, a bit crestfallen

LANDER

the traveler

The sudden, close presence of another Hunter at the bar with him pulled Lander out of his thoughts and averted his attention to the woman with the bulky-yet-intricate armor. He recognized her as a seasoned Hunter that he'd seen around the Guild Hall and maybe once or twice in passing in the halls of the Inn upstairs, but he mused that they hadn't had more than two or three short conversations in the past -- and always at gatherings, like holiday celebrations, where everyone in the Guild gathered to raise a glass.

He'd planned on the warm stout being his last drink, but considering the circumstances, perhaps he could order one more -- he had decided to go on a quest, after all, and it was Guild rules that no Hunter could adventure alone. The woman's appearance was certainly convenient for him -- wasn't he just thinking about how his few frequent questmates had left the Guild? -- so perhaps he could convince her to go along with him. It will be more bearable than traveling with a rookie, after all.

When Barry came over to deliver the Dragon's Fire to the armored woman, he signaled at the good barman to deliver another stout to him by placing a silver coin on the bartop, sliding it over to the dwarf, and nodding in the direction of the appropriate keg.

He then turned in his stool to face the bar completely and rested his elbows on the wood. He inclined his head towards the woman at the bar next to him and said,
"Bandits, hmmm? Most impressive considering you seem to have returned from your quest alone."

♡coded by uxie♡

Meg laughed, “Definitely.” And to be honest, she wanted to leave this conversation as soon as possible. Only wanting to stay on good terms with everyone had her staying to talk. “The Shale-mar? I think that’s what Ramirez called it, was underground, and with all the rain we had last night, there was more mud than anything to deal with.” She stratched the back of her head sheepishly, “Plus, the only way I could help was by moving water, so I hoped the big boulder would get stuck in the mud.” One could argue it worked, but there was probably a better way to beat it.

Percival

“I came from the South coast too… Renton.” Percival smiled.

“It did get stuck, and I doubt we’d all be in one piece if you hadn’t used your magic.” Percival praised Meg. “Once the monster flipped over we were able to… subdue it.” To put it politely. They just stabbed and slashed at the miserable monster until it gave up the ghost. “It was anything but easy.”

Lost Echo Lost Echo Yonsisac Yonsisac

_______

Barry (npc)

Barry got to work pouring another stout for Lander. He pushed it towards the man one it was ready and scooped up the silver coin.

soulofeden soulofeden II-CinderRadcliff-II II-CinderRadcliff-II

Anat the conjuration wizard

Interactions: Percy and Meg Lost Echo Lost Echo Genii Genii
Addendum:subdued is just forceful sleep

Ana heard carefully Percy and there hunt, seeming to be a rather quick one at that, but seeming he came from the south as well, "Renton? Been there a few times, I am not much of a city person but it is rather beautiful in some aspects"

"Magic? Well interesting I say, what school of magic you preform Meg?
" Rathet interested, many magic users can cast common spells but what is her focus and concentration? And by the way they seem to suggest....this monster was subdued rather quickly. "Most importantly is that all of you came in one piece...and coverd in mud" suggesting there mud coverd way, witch they should clean up unless the mud dry's up and taints thete clothes.

Percival

“… yes.” Percival sheepishly looked down at his soiled clothes and armour. “Perhaps we can all talk back in the guildhall, once we’ve smartened up a little?”

The teen gave Anat a formal bow in farewell and the headed into the Bathhouse looking for Ramirez.

The large room was hot and very steamy, but he managed to follow the Veteran’s muddy boot prints all the way to the changing area.

Yonsisac Yonsisac Lost Echo Lost Echo Gwenymoo Gwenymoo

Pierre
Interactions: Beryl Genii Genii

With the small fortune he had manage to bring with him before fleeing his home country, Pierre had quite a bit of fun in the city of Renton. Indulging himself in as many ways one could, however, his reserves had run short of a few golden coins. Five to be more precise. Thankfully, in one of the many bars he had been to, a talk about the Hunter’s Guild had reached his ears. From how the patrons were talking, it couldn’t be a more perfect place for him to make his own fortune, as to keep his decadent lifestyle.

With three of his last coins, he had rented a carriage towards the city of Colby. During the trip, he saw a striking difference, between the capital and the countryside. Then again, things weren’t that different in his own homeland: the luxurious life of the capital shortly came to an end as soon as its walls had been left behind. But such political matters were no concern for the man in this foreign land.

When the carriage stopped at the city gates, the man opened its door and practically jumped out of it. He stood at the gate for a few moments, taking in the new scenery. A sense of adventure grew in his heart. With a perfectly erect posture, Pierre finally entered the town. The leathery boots hitting the stone road with every step. On the way, the man gave quite a few smiles to the ladies who passed him, getting a mixture of responses: from shy, bashful giggles, to red cheeks and also some rolls of eyes. Nothing more than his usual experience.

His walking came to an end when he finally reached his destination: The Hunter’s Guild. Pushing its door open with both hands, he walked in the establishment and, to his delight, the very first thing he was welcome with was a bar. The former-guard would love to go for a drink, but at this time, he would do things in reverse order: business first. At the distance, he spotted a lady, a half-orc lady. Approaching her with the most charming smile he could muster, he removed his hat and bowed to her, elegantly - “My lady, I am looking to join the Hunter’s Guild. Would you happen to know who I need to talk with?” - he kept his smile after asking the question.

Ramirez was undressed and was sat on a bench cleaning his armour off in a wash bowel with some rags, bottles of oil and polish to one side. Clearly making sure it was all good and wouldn't rust before he went and bathed.

He seemed focused on the task as he buffed the chest plate, the odd thing was a subtle blue glow. Which seemed to come from what looked like blue crystals embedded in the mans body at various spots, even giving some of the old scars near them a blue tinge.

Location -Bathhouse
Genii Genii

Beryl

Beryl raised a brow as the leather-clad stranger removed his fancy hat and bowed. Formalities weren’t really her thing, and her back wasn’t as young as it used to be, so she merely gave him a nod.

“You’re looking at her. I’m Beryl, the guild master.” The austere looking half-orc introduced herself. “Lucky for you we’re recruiting at the moment, Mr…” She gave the man an opportunity to give his name.

Maxxob Maxxob

_______

Percival

Percival noticed the blue glow and may have stared at Ramirez before he remembered his manners and looked elsewhere. The gems sticking out of the man’s chest was a shocking sight to see, but he perhaps the man wouldn’t appreciate him pointing them out and asking questions.

He found a free bench and prized himself out of his muddy armour and clothes, but left his braies on - for modesty sake. Unlike Ramirez, he abandoned his gear, choosing to hop into the (waist deep) rectangular pool instead.

Cue satisfied sigh.

The (opaque) water was much hotter than any bath he’d had back home. He’d expected the mud to discolour it, but surprisingly the water remained white and smelt rather pleasant. Maybe he’d dunk his armour in too.

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo

Last edited:
There’s no schooling on my part.” Meg shook her head, “I can move water. I know a handful of spells, but nothing special.” With a shrug, she continued, “That’s my goal for training, though I’d like help with physical stuff too. I’m used to calming bar brawls, not monsters.” The girl looked down at herself, laughing, “Yes. I’d love to continue talking, but it’’ll be a bear and half to get my clothes cleaned as it is. I hope you don’t mind if we meet up later?” She turned to look in the opposite door, assuming it was for females, before asking, “Unless you want to join? To wash off the dirt from the road.” Maybe that was rude. Just, Meg would take any opportunity to wash, anything for more water, but she had implied the other might need one. Which she hadn't. Didn't. Gods, she was so tired, she wasn’t making any sense inside her head.

Pierre
Interactions: Beryl Genii Genii
"Très bien (Excellent)! I guess the Goddess Luck really has a soft spot for me. But worry not, for my heart is vast" - the man said that, without a hint of shame on his face, and with a wink on the end of his sentence - "Enchanté, mademoiselle (Delighted miss) Beryl. I am Pierre L'Entrage DuPius, at your service... eh... literally" - the gave the half-orc a coy smile - "Being a former personal guard of the late King Valerius, I am well versed in combat and I am sure I would be a great addition to your roster of hunters" - he ended, looking back at Beryl directly into her eyes. While putting a though facade, he knew very well her decision could make or break it, whatever he had planned to do to survive. In fact, he had not thought of a single alternative if he had his application rejected. Maybe there would be some mercenary work somewhere.

The rolled his eyes as Percy leapt in, the poor armour. He picked up Percy's discarded armour and soon had it shining once more. Setting it on the bench by his he went to the showers by the pool first, rinsing the worst of the muck off first before wading into the communal pool, and sitting back with a long relaxed sigh.
"Ya meant to shower first." The hunter chuckled, watching the lad melt happily.
Genii Genii

Interactions: Percy,Ramirez and Meg Lost Echo Lost Echo
Addendum: can't forget the book for my life!

Anat smiled at Percy and waved as soon he suggested to talk later on, she won't mind at all, it was actually nice talking to all the people here, especially how nice they were! "Alright Percy, be seeing you soon!" But after her focused shifted on to Meg, Ana was a bit impressed, None schooled, so self learned? Maybe born with it? Moving water seem unique, in fact when was the last time Ana saw water bending, i think never, even she can't do that. "Impressive, so you are self taught?". As soon she suggested to join her, Ana thought a bit, she has travel long and on the way here, a few stops to clean up but after today's hour voyage and in the sun did make her think she should freshen up, especially now in the late hours. Pluss no harm at all to test if the bath house was actually that warm and good "You have a point to be fair won't lie" With a smile she nodded "Well why not, lets go! but let me leave my stuff" Ana took of her leather pack holding her belongings and walked inside as she realized she 1. Did not get her room FIRST to put all in it and 2. She can't part with the book in any case. But the bath house had changing rooms so all should be good.

Walking in the bathhouse she saw Percy and Ramirez in the center pool, So this place is comunal, not that she minded but made it seem A LOT bigger with such a space. "Well here we meet again, guess soon was now" Ana said to the other two "After all this traveling from the south, i rather test the bath house to be fair, thanks to Meg", walking to one of the screens and closing the curtain, all was needed is subtle suggestion from Meg to be here, she placed the bag on the floor, opening it. The large pearl white book and its black pages took half of the whole space in the bag, sat there together with her other stuff all tight. She stared at the book for a solid 30 seconds, the water or steam won't damage it in any way, it's been here for hundreds of years and looks as if brand new, water or steam won't hurt it she hopes. "Can't leave you here, can't risk it..." silently to herself.

Ana was paranoid, sure she meet amazing people, but 5 can't set the example for every single soul here, all it takes is the book to be taken and she might just have the worst day ever. Sure the rules say otherwise, but mischief is a fickle mistress. Taking the padded leather and steel off her together with her clothes, she set it aside, keeping her Undergarment as modesty was needed, even when comunal. Picking up the book and with a silent sigh, under her arm, she open the curtain and walked out to one of the benches and placing the book on it. With it in a open spot where she could see it, she dip her feet and soon walking in the pool, she sigh of joy, man this felt amazing. "I don't like the heat much, but this, is a exception i will admit"

Beryl and Barry

“There’s no need to butter me up like a roasted spud.” Beryl shook her head and rolled her eyes, but there was a hint of a smile behind those orcish fangs.

“Barry, another contract if you will.” She turned to the Dwarf who seemed to have taken on all the chores that Stan was normally responsible for. It made him even grumpier than usual.

“Come on soft-soaper…” Barry gestured for Pierre to follow him to a table that had been commandeered for signups. He stood on a chair so that he was able to grab a scroll, quill and pot of red ink for the newcomer.

“All straight forward stuff. Room n’ board’s included… comes out of the tithe. We’ve a healer, blacksmith, a bathhouse, and a stables out back.” He spoke as Pierre had chance to look over the guild contract.

Maxxob Maxxob

______

Percival

“I was? Oh, I’m terribly sorry.” Percival sank to hide his embarrassment, just two blue eyes and his untidy black hair peeping out of the water.

He came up to breathe again once Anat joined them. “The heat is nice after all the cold sludge from today. I see you like to read. What is your book about… if you don’t mind me asking?”

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo Yonsisac Yonsisac Lost Echo Lost Echo

Interaction: percy,Meg and Ramirez Gwenymoo Gwenymoo Genii Genii Lost Echo Lost Echo

Relaxing in the warm pool, was bliss, she can just imagen how great this must feel after getting out of a long hunt. All soreness just washes away, it just seems amazing. Percy asked a question regarding book, opening her eye's, Anat's gaze focused on the book for a split second and thought how, factually, she has not read the whole thing yet. It's winding pages and change in literature made it difficult for one to easily read. You could be reading bold letters but after, it changes to a doctors cursive. It had multiple owners each with contribution, some are easier than others.

Getting the thoughts interrupting her relaxation out of mind. Anat smiled, relaxing in the heated water, answering Percival " i do love reading but this book,its more what it has, that what's about. It's my spellbook Percy, I lose that and I lose half what makes me...well me" she sigh thoughtfully, she CAN cast spells without it but all the "Good" Spells are in the book. She is a cleric still but did not advance as far, so not many spells from there. "Conjuration what it's about mostly, summoning tools or creating friends to aid me"

"Actually what about you Percy? What's your specialty? Are you a fighter,ranger? Your profecion in other words to be a hunter"
Anat asked curiously. Wondering what skills many had, Meg seem to be a water bender with many skills and Anat wonder what else she could do. And now, what about the rest?

Meg followed Anat inside, hit immediately by a warm burst of steam. Almost immediately, she wanted to melt. There was so much water she was breathing it. True bliss. It took her a moment to realize that there was only 1 large bath. She’d have to be naked around men, including the noble Percy. But the temptation was too high to let the embarrassment rise more than a blush. She glanced around, not sure what to do, before copying Anat and going behind a screen as well.

Taking a moment to ensure her modesty with a curtain, she paused to check her surroundings. The enclosed space was small, but roomy enough for her, her clothes, and the dirt she brought in. Plus a convenient bench. Sitting, she carefully untied her boots, hitting them against the bench’s leg to knock off the remaining dirt walking hadn’t already knocked off. Leaving them beside the clods of dirt, she next freed her feet and ankles of the tight wrappings, pleased to see no blisters. They each were stiff with mud, but against a sharp flick had most of it join the floor with its compatriots. Setting them aside, she unwrapped the leather around her arms and waist, frowning at the dirt streaking them. Leather tended to be so sensitive to water. She snapped one end, then the other, causing a bit of a dust cloud to clean them up. As the dirt settled, she took off her jewelry, unsurprised that dried mud had even caked itself into the chain of her necklace. She was lucky to not lose an earring.

Next came her bodice, the dark brown managing to stay fairly clean due to her curling up with each roll and her hair taking most of the damage to her back. Its dirt was shaken off into the growing pile at her feet. Her white dress held the most ‘damage’ though her movements had knocked off a lot of the dirt at its hem. Thankfully, she’d pulled the water out of it soon enough that it shouldn’t keep any stains. She stood to shake it cleaner, looking down bemused at her dirt pile that was slowly gathering moisture from the air.

Standing in her undergarments, she wondered what she was supposed to do. Every bath she’d had, sharing a tub with Cook and the other waitresses, she’d done naked, but maybe there was a different protocol for shared baths that were big enough to get into. She only had this pair, but she knew she could pull the water from them to dress later.

Still, she turned at what looked like a spigot high up on the wall, on the far side of the bench. Curious, she stripped before grabbing the knob below it. Water fell down on her ice cold, causing her to yelp, then laugh in joy. What marvelous magic. The gravity gave it enough pressure to knock any dirt remaining off, causing a brown river to form down the drain. She used the water to pick up the pile below the bench, letting its tendrils spread into brown streaks that quickly vanished.

Already shivering, she hurried to rinse each garment, pulling the water out before folding it and placing it once more on the bench. With the pressure already from the falling water, she didn’t need to add much more to clean anything. Imagine doing dishes this way! It was lovely. But cold. She hurriedly turned the knob back, cutting off the water, before stepping back into the warm cloud of steam. She took a moment to dry herself and her undergarments before pulling them on and stepping out from behind the screen. She hurried straight to the water, her yearning causing it to rise slightly toward her. She stepped right into the pool, the water rising to catch her, as she greedy kept it close, preventing a splash. With a sigh, she released the water, keeping all but her head below it. “I have never felt more wonderful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back