• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Hunter’s Inn || Monster Hunting RP [OPEN]

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Tobias raised an eyebrow, "I don't think drinking gold coin would be good for you? Like wouldn't you choke or get ill?" He asked with great concern.

Genii Genii
Infirmary:
Morgana smiled "Alright, I will. Right after I..." She quickly dumped out the preserving liquid from the jar of eyes down a drain and went to a table. She spread the eyes in a row, and then scooped handfuls of the diatonic powder out, with no mind for her physical safety, and sprinkled the powder on the eyes.

"Only a moment now..." Each eye deflated in seconds as the powder sucked out the moisture. They turned to hard, crusty discs. Morgana retrieved a small hammer from her medical bag, covered her mouth and nose with one hand and pounded the eyes to dust.
Next she gingerly scooped the dust into 5 small corked bottles made of extremely thin glass. She put her gear away, and then slotted the bottles into a pocket inside her jacket.

Morgana grinned at Hannah. "See? Quick as you like." She took one of the bottles of Basilisk Eye Powder and gave it to Hannah. "have fun with this, experiment to your heart's delight, madam."

Callan sighed. Maybe he could dump the guy on Ramirez. “The air thinner up there or somethin’?” He muttered, shaking his head.

“Tell me you can fight at least?” The Siren looked Tobias up and down, trying to size him. “-as a man I mean.”

Callan

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo

________

“You’re very kind, Morgana.” Hannah said as she took the small bottle and tucked it inside one of her long sleeves. “I’m sure I’ll find some use for it.”

Hannah (npc)

nathanKmcwilliams nathanKmcwilliams

Focusing on finishing lunch, Urzoth let the deluge of questions wash over them. They may have missed a couple, but in truth it was the only way the could have tolerated it. Most of the queries seemed legitimate, though with a lot of extra rambling. “Tell-” they turned at the beginning of what seemed too close to an order, setting their fork on the now empty plate. Thinking he was going to need a good sharp cut to come back to the present, they were impressed that he managed to pull himself away from that mindset on his own.

For that, they’d answer his questions fully. Ticking off their fingers they started, “I have to keep the ancestors’ favor to access their power” another finger, “It is natural, so as well or poorly as any other would,” third, “I’m definitely not the most powerful shaman I know, though I ain’t naming another for you to go bother,” and finally, “I can summon those I’m bonded to with ease.

Turning at Siwai’s offer to Balthazar, they laughed and teasingly answered, “Now I know which quest I’m avoiding.” Taking ((somehow their first???)) sip of ale, they shook their head. “I’ll stay out from crumbling ruins for today. Maybe I’ll go looking for that little dog.” In the Cackling Woods their wolf could run free. And tracking was usually fun enough.

Genii Genii
Infirmary:
Morgana dipped her head in thanks and turned to leave. She looked over her shoulder "I... look forward to working with you in the future Hannah. This is a nice lab."
And with that, Morgana exited the infirmary and went back to the guild hall.

Guild Hall:
As Morgana strode up the stairs and into the bar area, she clambered up on the bar itself and cleared her throat, aiming to address as many as would listen in the room.

Siwai blinked, taken aback by the appearance of Morgana. He took a couple steps back with head tilted.

"Everyone? Everyone?" Morgana said loudly, stomping slightly on the bar to make a loud noise. "I'm new here. And aiming to take the job in the Cackling Woods to find that missing puppy. Would anyone care to join me?"
Lost Echo Lost Echo

Tobias grinned proudly "I'm a great fighter! Even brought a sword too, though I do prefer getting hands on ya know." He cleared his plate and stood up "you wanting to spar?"

Good. At least he wouldn’t have to fork out for a (cheap) weapon for the rookie.

Callan huffed out a laugh. “Spar? There’s a training yard out back… but you wouldn’t last two seconds, Mate.” He said rather confidently.

The Siren looked across at Morgana as she yelled. The lost puppy quest was a bit below his pay grade.

Callan

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo

"no id last at least 10 seconds!" he paused to count his fingers, "yeah ten!"

Toby's ears twitched before he turned to hear the shouting. "sounds like we have a quest to do."

Genii Genii

Balthazar
Interactions: Urzoth Lost Echo Lost Echo / X'nerus FloofWhispers FloofWhispers / Siwai nathanKmcwilliams nathanKmcwilliams

As the half-orc shaman answered his questions, the old wizard wrote them down on his tome. The explanation was clearly sufficient, answering the most pertinent points of what his real objective was. For the old coot’s displeasure, however, her arcanic skills could be well summed up in a single word: personal. Those within their circle were able to attain such skills, needing favor to those long gone in order to work. Even more in the very first answer, where the shaman clearly stated - “... access their power..” - borrowed energies, a forbidden practice to those outside the society they lived in. Still, there was never enough knowledge in Balthazar’s mind, and all he had received would make it easier to identify another shaman in the future.

“I am eternally grateful that you have indulged me” - he said, bowing slightly towards Urzoth. Finishing his notes, with a flick of his finger, a small extension from the paper protruded from the top of his book, so it would make it easier for the man to find it at a later date. It clearly stated, in the plain tongue, ‘Urzoth - Shaman’. He then turned to a blank page, waiting to see if he would get the same kind of information from the white-dressed mage, writing down a few preemptive notes while he waited.

Meanwhile, it seemed the pros of joining the guild as mentioned by the old magus had an effect on the feline warrior. He was glad, as the more members the guild had, the better chances of a few magic items or tomes could end up in his greed-for-knowledge hands. His ears perked up with the mention of the ruins by the short kobold-hybrid - “Oghma’s Ruins…” - he repeated the name, with a glint of gold in his eyes. That simply looked stupendous for someone wanting a long, excruciating death, test their mettle or venture into the unknown. He had a sympathetic expression on his face when Siwai was made fun of by one of the guild members. Did that happen often? Still, he would be out of his right mind to not accept such an invitation. In fact, why not extend it?

“That is a fascinating idea. I sure am willing to take up on that job” - he looked at Siwai, nodding quite a few times - “Who knows what we will find it there?” - an enigmatic grin appeared upon his lips - “Say, X’nerus, since you decided to join the guild, what do you think of joining us in that quest? From the red skull on it, I am pretty sure it will be a dangerous one” - and that meant more opportunities for the mage to test himself in combat. What good is all the knowledge he acquired if he isn’t an expert on how to apply it? A sword, left for too long without being sharpened, will lose its cut.

“Missing dog? Knock yer’self out.” Callan gestured for Tobais to go and join the talking scarecrow at the bar.

“Sounds easy enough, but there ain’t much gold in it.” The Siren, made no attempts to get up. There was no way he was going out on a quest with a group of rookies.

Callan

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo nathanKmcwilliams nathanKmcwilliams Lost Echo Lost Echo

Balthazar
Interactions: Urzoth Lost Echo Lost Echo / X'nerus FloofWhispers FloofWhispers / Siwai nathanKmcwilliams nathanKmcwilliams

As the half-orc shaman answered his questions, the old wizard wrote them down on his tome. The explanation was clearly sufficient, answering the most pertinent points of what his real objective was. For the old coot’s displeasure, however, her arcanic skills could be well summed up in a single word: personal. Those within their circle were able to attain such skills, needing favor to those long gone in order to work. Even more in the very first answer, where the shaman clearly stated - “... access their power..” - borrowed energies, a forbidden practice to those outside the society they lived in. Still, there was never enough knowledge in Balthazar’s mind, and all he had received would make it easier to identify another shaman in the future.

“I am eternally grateful that you have indulged me” - he said, bowing slightly towards Urzoth. Finishing his notes, with a flick of his finger, a small extension from the paper protruded from the top of his book, so it would make it easier for the man to find it at a later date. It clearly stated, in the plain tongue, ‘Urzoth - Shaman’. He then turned to a blank page, waiting to see if he would get the same kind of information from the white-dressed mage, writing down a few preemptive notes while he waited.

Meanwhile, it seemed the pros of joining the guild as mentioned by the old magus had an effect on the feline warrior. He was glad, as the more members the guild had, the better chances of a few magic items or tomes could end up in his greed-for-knowledge hands. His ears perked up with the mention of the ruins by the short kobold-hybrid - “Oghma’s Ruins…” - he repeated the name, with a glint of gold in his eyes. That simply looked stupendous for someone wanting a long, excruciating death, test their mettle or venture into the unknown. He had a sympathetic expression on his face when Siwai was made fun of by one of the guild members. Did that happen often? Still, he would be out of his right mind to not accept such an invitation. In fact, why not extend it?

“That is a fascinating idea. I sure am willing to take up on that job” - he looked at Siwai, nodding quite a few times - “Who knows what we will find it there?” - an enigmatic grin appeared upon his lips - “Say, X’nerus, since you decided to join the guild, what do you think of joining us in that quest? From the red skull on it, I am pretty sure it will be a dangerous one” - and that meant more opportunities for the mage to test himself in combat. What good is all the knowledge he acquired if he isn’t an expert on how to apply it? A sword, left for too long without being sharpened, will lose its cut.
X'NERUS

HP: 90% / 100%

The feline bowed to Balthazar, "Naturally; I shall follow you, mage, wherever you go. I feel, as you do, that this quest may be more than interesting." He smiled at the old man, "We must, however, wait for the quest giver to awaken. He appears to have fallen asleep." He then scowled, "Unfortunately, my feline hearing can hear him snore, which is a little more than annoying."​

Urzoth noted the displeasure, but merely nodded in an exaggeratedly regal fashion. Sniffing in fake distain, they added, “More specifics can come with ale, maybe. Quests first.” A sentiment he seemed to share, if for different reasons.

And you thought I was unusual,” Urzoth commented, at the rookie who apparently was a mindreader (or had great hearing) instead of just a necormancer. Who self-experimented. Which was likely was more ethical than not. Humans were big on ethics. “That’s my cue,” they said in goodbye before turning once more. “Yeah Chickie, you can get some hunting in if you’d like.” They started to roll forward before realizing the siren hadn’t stood. “Callan, surely you’re gonna go with your…friend?” Their smile had a sharp edge to it, half mischief, half something a tad wilder.

The look just encouraged them. “He followed you like an imprinted chick.” Their gaze flicked to the rookie with a smile, before back to the siren.

Urzoth could easily agree with that prediction. “If the locals are lying about seeing him, then we can confirm for the lady one way or the other.” And there was still the chance to run. They were exhausted and stiff from their last quest. Something easy with Callan as entertainment was on par with anything Hannah could give her. “You don’t have to be shy. Sure, you’re tired from the hags, but you’re still good enough not to make a fool out of yourself in front of your frien--your chick.”

With that, Urzoth rolled over toward the rookie who’d called out the request. “Greetings, I am Urzoth the Ursine, they/them. It looks like you’ll have me and those two to join you.” She trusted the little pup to be convincing enough to soften Callan’s firm stance. Or let him drag him with them, whichever worked.

The chick comments were beginning to get on Callan’s nerves. “… m’not shy.” He muttered to himself as he got up from his seat.

“Come on then.” He said impatiently to Tobias, following after the Half-orc as they wheeled over to Morgana.

Callan
guildhall

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo Lost Echo Lost Echo nathanKmcwilliams nathanKmcwilliams

Last edited:
Maxxob Maxxob FloofWhispers FloofWhispers
Siwai grinned and smacked his fists together. "Awright! Sounds like we're gonna have a great time." He leaned over to look at X'Neerus, "Ya look new. I'm Siwai!"

Genii Genii Lost Echo Lost Echo Gwenymoo Gwenymoo
Morgana stared down at Urzoth, the gorgon eye slightly off kilter from the other. "I thought it would be harder to get people to go with me." She hopped down from the bar and dusted her hands off. "I'm ready whenever you are. Do we just leave or is there some sort of paperwork?"
She still had the job notice paper in her jacket and pulled it out, unrolling it from the little scroll she'd formed it to.
The paper was already caked with bits of bone and hair and it was somehow damp.

Balthazar
Interactions: X'nerus FloofWhispers FloofWhispers / Siwai nathanKmcwilliams nathanKmcwilliams

The old magus was glad that the feline warrior had accepted to follow suit and join their expedition towards the ruins. More brawn meant a higher chance to get himself whatever magical item could be hidden within the depths of that place. Furthermore, the half-orc shaman had passed on the invitation to join their group, apparently choosing to go searching for a dog. That decision sounded insane in every level the old man could think of. Maybe Balthazar simply lacked empathy when they were other things being offered to him. Still, if they had joined the group, it would have been quite informative to see their spells in action. He had the suspicion that other chances would present themselves. Still, he made a mental note to drink with the shaman later on. Who knew what kind of detail could seep out from a drunken mind?

So now they were a party of three: Siwai, X’nerus and himself. The mage wouldn’t be opposed if someone else chose to join them, but he thought that the group would be enough to take care of whatever was in the store for them, after all, he had not the finer details of the quest, just that there were ruins involved. Unfortunately, whoever they had to speak with about the quest was sleeping. But wouldn’t that be simple to solve? Shaking them up, throwing water onto their faces, maybe creating some fireworks near their eardrums would be enough to bring them back from the Sandman’s embrace - “Well… then we wait” - in the end, there was nothing else to do and doing that to a patron would likely not be the best of ideas.

Giving into temptation, the old magus let off his feather pen for a moment, bringing his left index finger to the smoking pipe. A small, controlled flame was produced by it lighting up his smoking pipe. He sat down at the bar stool, tasting the herbs that he had previously prepared. The smoke slowly filled his mouth and was also released by it. A pleasant feeling spread throughout his body while he did it - “Are both of you from here?” - he asked to both the short kobold-avian and the tall feline. In that mission, Balthazar would be responsible for them, in a sense. As such, he might as well get to know more about the colleagues who will join him in such difficult task.

Maxxob Maxxob
Siwai clambered up onto a stool near Balthazar. "Nope. I'm from a place way east." He reached onto the bar counter to grab some roasted drumsticks and took a huge bite.
"I uh...donsh really remeber the namesh o th' country." He continued, mouth full of meat while talking.
After swallowing the first massive bite, he grinned. "But I grew up in a monastery there, an once I was old enough, they sent me out to find my way."

Siwai took another bite and chewed pensively. "Wha' bout you?" He asked Balthazar, pointing one of the meat drumsticks at the old mage.

Aw. He actually was shy. Urzoth was learning new things about Callan. This rookie was going to be good for him. Too long had he been shadowed under those wings or that heavy cloak of his. They knew he was honorable, but he’d always been detached. Lone wolf-like.

Meeting one of the other newbie’s eyes, Urzoth shrugged, “You signed. And as long as you don’t take parts from members or their steeds. That’ll be good enough for me. Well, not Fifi either.” Unless the lady didn't want the corpse...or it'd be best not to offer.

They nodded to the paper in her hand, answering, “No more paperwork than that. You claimed it, so no one else tries to go on the same quest. Otherwise, we work it out with the Lady.” The simple process made it quick for those with limited writing skills. There was little more paperwork than the contract for everyone except Beryl. ((I assume))

The smile they gave Tobias was genuine, “Exactly, you’re just his.” If he was a good enough tracker to follow Callan, then between the two of them, they would find Fifi. Dead or alive would be the question though. She assumed the necromancer had a sidequest for parts, which was fair, as long as the quest was done first.

Baltazhar
Interactions: Siwai nathanKmcwilliams nathanKmcwilliams

To the half-kobold's question, the old magus have pause before answering him. Exactly how much he was willing to disclose? And even more important, how to disclose some information about his background while being sincere?

"I am originally from the far, far south. The Grand-Principality of Vanir is where I was born" - he inhaled deeply, letting the smoke from his pipe fill his lungs this time. A grayish smoke was then slowly released from his mouth. Balthazar's memory was being jogged in that instant, his eyes appearing to be distant - "I can't say I am a Vanirian, though. Magic is, or at least was, heavily controlled and observed there. It was simply too much of a bore to stay there" - the wizard concluded, finally deciding to close the tome that was still in his hands and fasten it on his belt once again.

"And how do you fare in combat, Siwai? What is your specialty?" - he inquired, scanning the kobold-avian from head to toe. While the old man had assumptions, nothing better than to ask his companion directly.

“Just grab one n’ go.” Callan reaffirmed what Urzoth had said about quest board etiquette.

The Siren helped himself to the quest slip as Morgan held it out, grimacing as he batted off the bits of bone and hair.

“… The Crescent… contact must be wealthy.” He mused as he skim-read the job details. “Might give us a tip if we find the little b*gger.”

“Best head ter the woods before we loose the light.” Callan suggested.

Callan

nathanKmcwilliams nathanKmcwilliams Gwenymoo Gwenymoo Lost Echo Lost Echo

Last edited:
Lost Echo Lost Echo Gwenymoo Gwenymoo Genii Genii
"Excellent." Morgana rubbed her hands together. A thought cropped up, if she were to raise this dog from the dead, even if it was passed already, would it's owner even be the wiser?

"Shall we be off then, companions?" She looked around at each of them: Callan, Tobias, and Urzoth. "Let's find that puppy, and hopefully some great alchemical components along the way."

Maxxob Maxxob FloofWhispers FloofWhispers
Siwai listened to Balthazar intently, his raptor-like eyes fastened like a hawk to prey. While the mage explained his homeland, Siwai did have the ever so slight tic of being visibly and completely lost whenever names and history were mentioned. "Vanir. Grand Principality." He repeated slowly.

But when Balthazar asked him about his combat specialties, Siwai leaped off of the stool, energized and excited. He did a couple punches and kicks and rounded those off with a backflip.
"Up close an personal! Martial arts!" He exclaimed.

"Annd..." He reached up with one hand, curled it into a fist just inches from his own snout. Siwai closed his eyes, breathed out and a visible wavering of the air around him rose up, like the heat of the day causing a shimmer on the road ahead.
Curls of golden aura congealed into a bright sphere that was blindingly white in the center, like the sun itself. "...Ki manipulation."

He released the sphere of ki harmlessly and so that it dissipated quickly. Siwai climbed up on the stool again. "I'm effectively a midrange and close combat guy."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back