• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Hunter’s Inn || Monster Hunting RP [OPEN]

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
“Ruby.” Barry greeted as the woman approached the bar. “The usual then.” He said as she requested a pint of rum. He obliged in his usual grumpy way, pushing the stein towards her once it was filled.

“I’m surprised yer still standing.” The Dwarf spoke to Ramirez as the Hunter returned his tower of tankards.

Barry

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo bayleen bayleen

_____

Percival copied Xenophon, making a sandwich of his own. “Nervous, who’s nervous?” He chatted to Alienor. The truth was Percival was a little anxious, but he was excited too, and he’d much sooner hunt the monsters here than live amongst the ones back home.

The cook gave Xenophon a quick (four) thumbs up before heading back to the kitchen. What may have been mistake for a spare tyre around his middle, was actually a second pair of arms it seemed.

“-but yes, you are right… we should find an experienced Hunter to accompany-” Percival continued but was interrupted by the laughter of the Hunters sat on the opposite side of the table.

“Daawwww…” A large bald headed man, with more tattoos than skin, mockingly pouted.

The body art featured some ferocious looking beasts - possibly those he come across on quests, plus a few ‘Mum’ ones. “You want me to come with yeh n’ ‘old yer hand, Rookie?” He added, as if addressing a toddler.

Percival

Pokeking Pokeking CalamityQueller CalamityQueller

Last edited:
“I’m surprised yer still standing.” The Dwarf spoke to Ramirez as he returned his tower of tankards.

"Take a bit more to take me out." he laughed setting the tankards down on the bar. "looks like its gonna get busier here eh?"

Barry grunted in agreement. “Assumin’ they all survive.” Accidents happened sometimes, and not every Hunter ticked the resurrection box.

“You want another?” The Dwarf asked, wondering if Ramirez was after another drink.

Barry

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo

"True True, I'll try to keep em in one piece..." he laughed in his jovial manner. "ya I'll av another round."

Ramirez

Genii Genii

((Ok I'll write up Cate's introductionary post since Ivan is occupied with Bar Bing Bar outside

Somewhere on the outskirts of town a peculiar figure landed on the ground and skidded to a halt on her broom. She steps off the broom and on the ground with her boots. The woman's crimson eyes scan around town.
Wonder if I can make some money around here? My pockets have been a little light lately.

The lady adjusts her large black pointy hat and her black and red dress. Her long purple hair flows in the wind as she walks through town. Some people glance at her as she passes by, for she was a stranger in this town, and a good looking one at that. She looks at various facilities like the baker and smith but decides that they don't really offer the type of work she is looking for.
Eventually the witch passes by a odd horned person and a kobold talking to each other. She stands in front of the guild.
Well this does look promising. I hope they are still looking for people...

And with that said the purple haired witch walks inside the Guild Hall. She looks around wondering who is in charge. Maybe she should ask around. Cate spots Xenophon and thinks maybe he is part of the guild, so she walks up to him.
"Excuse me, are you in charge around here?"

Cate

Interactions: Xenophon ( Pokeking Pokeking )

Last edited:
Xenophon yios Calix​

Interactions: Percival ( Genii Genii ), Alienor ( CalamityQueller CalamityQueller ), Cate, ( DualDragons DualDragons )
Mentions: Beryl ( Genii Genii )

Xenophon swallowed some of the sandwich and with muffled reply, "Of course Paladin. Consider venturing out on a lesser task to be like performing morning stretches." He was startled as he saw the cook send his thanks with four thumbs. He was able to swallow without difficulty but he made a distinct bovine snort from his nostrils.

Before the exiled minotaurs moved to Dreema, Xenophon's people only knew of themselves, humans, and the Garenians. Even then, the other two were more whispers than anything else for each kept to themselves. It was a culture shock for that first generation for now humans were countrymen. So many varieties of people. If I ever return home, I'll be sure to relay my life here to the Maestro, my teacher Ovid.

Xenophon looked at the tattooed man. Body art was unknown to his people and many Dreemans, the humans of that land, considered the practice to be taboo. Anyone sporting a tattoo, even a small one, was considered to be eccentric.

A new voice. Xenophon made sure to swallow before addressing the arrival. He studied the woman. She has the vibe of a mage. My people are impotent with magic. We weren't even aware that existed. Not until our exile. Lord Aldebaran, the Lady's ancestor, was awestruck when King Matthai conjured up the illusion of a map showing where their people would be living, "It is a wild land and it needs a resolute hand to tame." It was true that they had nowhere else to go, but the King's description appealed to their hearts and over rich pints of mead, they celebrated their alliance. The blood of the royal House of Jecong was imbued with magic. King Jojin was no different. For his eighteenth birthday, he unveiled the golem he had been working on for the past year. It was advanced magic kneading special sand into the clay while speaking the appropriate enchantments. Behind closed doors, may felt that it was a much more worthwhile display of the boy's abilities than freezing the fountain in the city square in the middle of summer. The golem was very strong and could serve as a protector if needed.

Xenophon has talked with his mouth full once before and knew he shouldn't make a habit of it. "Me? In charge? I am not" He felt his muscular arms, "even though I may be well formed to give the appearance that I am a seasoned warrior." He stood up and searched the crowd. He indicated not with a pointed index finger but with his hand with palm facing the ceiling, "There is the Mistress of this Hall. Beryl oversees this establishment." He hadn't really spoken with her but knew that before he retired for the night, he would speak with her. His eyes noticed the bulletin board and now that he has finished his meal, it was time to review the postings. "I am going to check the missions."

He rose to his feet and slid the chair forward. He walked to the board and reviewed the tasks. Xenophon's eyes were ripped from his head as he saw one of the postings. The Ruins of Bal’dak? The description appealed to him that much and he did have some experience in that department. He had once accompanied the Lady Carmina on her visit to a neighboring town and served as one of her scribes in an informal capacity since he was still in school.

Barry rolled his green eyes, but got to work refilling Ramirez’s empty flagons with ale.

Barry

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo

“… no thank you.” A miffed looking Percival politely answered, once the sniggering had died down. He put down his food and stood up as Cate arrived, a greeting and sign of respect where he came from.

“Are you here to join the guild? Would you like me to accompany you?” It would give him an excuse to move away from the tattooed gentleman at the very least.

Percival

DualDragons DualDragons

"I see, thank you." Cate thanked Xenophon and takes off her comically large hat as courtesy. She then noticed Percival rising up to greet her and offer to keep her company.
"Well sure. Yes please, I do intend to join."

Cate

Pokeking Pokeking
Genii Genii

Long Way Back From Hell

Danzig

Guild Hall to Yard

interactions

The paladin paid no heed to the comments of those men behind her. She knew those types. It was best to just ignore them and let them simmer in their embarrassment than to engage. She finished the last of her stake and turned to the two at the table with her, "That was a good meal," She said with a satisfactory sigh, "Anyway, go check out the quests and see what interests you. If you find anything you'd like to pursue you can come to me. I'll be in the yard. I need to stretch out my muscles."

With that, the paladin got up from the table. She noticed the girl who was chatting with the two and gave her a quick nod. She made her way towards the yard, boots clanking on the floor and cape swaying as she went. Truth be told she needed to oil out her joints and get back into the thick of things. The weather was pleasant outside. Perhaps she'd look for someone to spar with.

Alienor Wright

♡design by sirnateunknown, coded by uxie♡

“I will.” Percival said with a smile before Alienor left for The Yard. Personally he’d been travelling non-stop all week so the thought of training made him want to whimper. He’d find her later, if only to spectate and see what the Paladin was capable of.

“It’s nice to meet you. My name is Percival.” He said to Cate as he stepped away from the table to join her.

“Alienor, Xenophon and myself just enrolled today too.” He gestured to the Paladin and Minotaur as they went their separate ways, then started to lead Cate towards Beryl and the sign-up table.

“Did you travel far to get here?” Percy asked, a quick curious glance at the broom the woman was carrying. Perhaps she was a maid?

Percival

Pokeking Pokeking DualDragons DualDragons CalamityQueller CalamityQueller

Barry rolled his green eyes, but got to work refilling Ramirez’s empty flagons with ale.

Barry

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo

“… no thank you.” A miffed looking Percival politely answered, once the sniggering had died down. He put down his food and stood up as Cate arrived, a greeting and sign of respect where he came from.

“Are you here to join the guild? Would you like me to accompany you?” It would give him an excuse to move away from the tattooed gentleman at the very least.

Percival

DualDragons DualDragons
Ramirez downed the fresh flaggon and wiped his mouth with the back of his arm. He set it down and strode over to the table of newbies. "Aye there fresh faces, welcome to hell" he laughed.

DualDragons DualDragons Pokeking Pokeking

Last edited:

scroll
Arabellla Donovani

Guild Hall

-

Intro post

Lady Arabella Eion Donovani, the little lady of hell, was making her way into the guild hall. The lady had returned from a quest that took her longer than she anticipated. Nevertheless, she got her job done. The lady entered the guild hall, heels clicking on the hardwood floor. She held her head up high and walked with poise. On her shoulder, a raven stood, her familiar. The lady reached a gloved hand towards the raven, laying it in front of it. Obediently, the raven moved to her arm.
"What a long day...I need a drink. How does red wine sound?"
She said to the great black bird.

She made her way to an empty table and sat down, flattening the folds of her peach-coloured evening gown with her free hand. She looked regal in this gown, an off-shoulder dress with embroidered tulle spanning across the dress coming from neatly tied bows. Along with it, she wore pair of evening gloves. She adorned herself in pearls as jewellery. Her look was an extravagant one, but she was herself.

Arabella raised her hand to call for a waiter at the bar.
"May I have some red wine? If you have any confectionaries, that would be nice."
She called to the waiter. She needed something sweet, desperately. She turned to the raven resting on her hand.
"Would you like some too? Hm?"
She asked the bird. It seemed to respond with a squawk. She nodded and rested her chin on her hand.

♡coded by uxie♡

Cate rests her broom against a chair and sits on a table (which probably earns her some looks from the guild members.
"My name is Hecate. But you can call me Cate." She extends her hand to Percival.
"Yeah, I'm pretty far from my hometown. A friend of mine recommended that I'd go and look for work here."

"Hell?" Cate raises an eyebrow at Ramirez' comment. Is it that bad? She thinks to herself. She didn't notice the horned fellow, Ivan, walk in.

Cate
Interactions:
Percival ( Genii Genii ), Ramirez ( Gwenymoo Gwenymoo )

-------------
Ivan decides that while he goes out on a flight he might as well take up a quest while he is away. He leaves Bar Bing Bar at the entrance and heads inside to take a peek at the quest board.
"A farming problem huh? Well that seems pretty easy!" Ivan gets a wide grin plastered on his face. "Let's just start small."

Ivan

Last edited:
Percival took the woman’s hand and kissed the back of it, as if that were a perfectly normal thing to do.

“I am far from home too, though I heard this part of the kingdom was overrun with demons and great beasts, which I hope I can help with.” The Teen explained before turning to look at Ramirez. He couldn’t tell if the man was being friendly or about to pick on them like the bald fellow.

Percival

DualDragons DualDragons Gwenymoo Gwenymoo

_________

“How’d the Quest go?” Barry asked as he poured out a glass of red wine for Arrabella. He didn’t have cakes or pastries, but he pushed a bowl of honey coated peanuts her way. He assumed her bird might enjoy them too.

Barry (npc)

CalamityQueller CalamityQueller

Saen was surprised to hear that the god was rather finicky. It didn't make any sense to her whatsoever. "So, this Heilang... he still needs to eat despite being divine? Interesting, very interesting. Sounds almost like the opposite of a Gluttony demon to me."

"Yes, I'm new here. Just signed up today, in fact." And then, she heard that somebody had posted for work. The reason the witch was here in the first place. Off like a scaly arrow, she went to the bounty board to see what was available.

scroll
Arabella Donovani

Guild Hall

Genii Genii (Barry)

N/A

The lady turned her attention to Barry. As she watched him pour her the red wine she let out a gentle smile, the honied peanuts were a nice addition too. Delicately, she placed the raven on the headrest of the seat and proceeded to remove her evening gloves, folding them beside her.
"It went well, although it did take me longer than I anticipated. Thank you for the refreshment, Barry,"
She said with a smile. She reached her hand for a honied peanut and popped one in her mouth, taking another and offering it to her companion.

"Oh! Before I forget, let me pay you,"
she remembered, reaching for her pouch and handing the man the money he was owed. She added in a gold coin as a tip
"This is for you. Use it however you like,"
she said, talking about the coin.

With that, the little lady of hell went to sip her red wine, savouring it as she drank. It wasn't the most expensive of wines, sure, but it did its job. As she drank, she looked around the room. Hmm, it seemed like there were new faces around these parts. Perhaps she would socialize should she feel like doing so.
"It appears we have newcomers, Dantalion. Perhaps I should say hello."

♡coded by uxie♡

"tis a joke." he laughed waving a hand "all a messy family ere, as long as we spend some coin ere they don't mind. So what's yall's experience den? Slain any fiends or great beasts?" he sat at the table making the worn chair groan beneath him, the clunk of his sword tapping the slab floor echoing in the hall. "names Ramirez." He offered a calloused hand.

Genii Genii DualDragons DualDragons

Percival smiled, glad that the man was just being friendly. He didn’t kiss Ramirez’s hand, in fact he just bowed formally.

“I um…” Percival was a little caught out by the question, but he did eventually answer. Quietly, because it wasn’t that exciting. “… I saw a Hogboon on my Mother’s Haugr (grave mound) once… I… chased it off with a stick.”

“What about you, Sir?” Percival could tell just by looking at Ramirez that he must have been a seasoned hunter. He eye-balled the massive sword too, as it scraped against the flagstones.

Percival

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo DualDragons DualDragons

Percival smiled, glad that the man was just being friendly. He didn’t kiss Ramirez’s hand, in fact he just bowed formally.

“I um…” Percival was a little caught out by the question, but he did eventually answer. Quietly, because it wasn’t that exciting. “… I saw a Hogboon on my Mother’s Haugr (grave mound) once… I… chased it off with a stick.”

“What about you, Sir?” Percival could tell just by looking at Ramirez that he must have been a seasoned hunter. He eye-balled the massive sword too, as it scraped against the flagstones.

Percival

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo DualDragons DualDragons
"A hogboon? Don't think I've encountered such a beast?" He mused rubbing his chin as he watched the lad bow. "Me oh plenty of demons, rouge dragons and mountainous boars. The boar was mighty tastey mind...wyverns not so much...often very poisonous"

Xenophon yios Calix​

Interactions: Percival ( Genii Genii ) , Cate, ( DualDragons DualDragons ), Ramirez ( Gwenymoo Gwenymoo )
Mentions: Beryl ( Genii Genii ), Alienor ( CalamityQueller CalamityQueller )

Xenophon didn't mind Cate's large hat. In some way, he regrated that he would never be able to wear something like that. Anyone could tell a helm and other headgear meant for minotaurs from those tailored for other peoples. If one closely scrutinized the hood he had, they would understand that this is what it was, but it's shape was meant for one with a bovine head. While other people may wear minotaur headgear with varying degree of difficulty, a minotaur could not wear headgear meat for others. "Nice hat. As you see" he lowered his head "I can not wear anything such as that."

Alienor was right. That was a satisfying meal. The flavors reminded Xenophon at home and after several days of eating food that was more plain, these flavors were greatly appreciated. "See you in the yard later." He hadn't used his baxtrix in several days since the opportunity didn't present itself. In a different place at a different time, someone might get the wrong idea and call for guards. What if an encounter such as this took place in an unfriendly town? He might be able to put up a struggle and take down several attackers before he was brought down, but what would that accomplish except death. My family would probably never learn what happened to me.

"Welcome to hell" a denizen said to Xenophon. He found the comment interesting. His people had no concept of hell as other people believed, a place of eternal torment for past deeds. Rather, the souls of dishonored minotaurs were barred from rejoining the Primordial Flame. Such a fate was torment enough. To never again be with loved ones in the hereafter, that sent chills down his spine. He had some understanding the meaning behind the words and smiled because many of his people would relish being in a place like this and going on missions of the type he read about. "Hell comes in many shades of green." He wasn't a greenhorn, but not by much. To be a greenhorn was a wretched position.

Xenophon solidified his choice of travelling with Professor Hatkins to the Runs knowing that this is what he wanted to do for his first mission here. His nods sharply indicating his resolve. He sees Percival take Cate to the registration desk and to meet Mistress Beryl. He turns his body to rejoin them. "I too am far from home, nearly a month's travel by ship and foot.

Cyra Iduska
Location: Yard || Interactions: Reegan ( BlackLung BlackLung )

"Sounds like a neat little trick, not gonna lie. Kind of like when certain lizards detatch their tails to escape predators."

"Sort of, but they do it moreso to spread further than escaping predators." She gestured with the newly-grown segment still in her hand, "since an entire cactus can grown from any of these segments, animals that get stuck to them and carry it further away will be planting a new cactus when the segment drops."

"I'll happily accept the chance to go against something strong. Who knows, this knowledge might save my life one day against a herd of these little guys."

Dusk snorted. "They'd hardly do anything to you unless you wandered too close, though I guess others using magic might make use of them." A smile curved at the corner of her lips, muted by a slight downcast of her eyes. "But I wouldn't say that the chances are high. I'm yet to meet any beyond my clan who use this sort of magic, and you'd be more likely to find them in a frozen tundra than in a desert with cacti."

"Huh, it's kinda soft. Excluding the little murder spines surrounding it. Soft skin though."

"It's fascinating, isn't it? That they're so prickly and yet still feel velvety-soft when you hit the right angle." She straightened to stand as his hand withdrew from the plant. As if his words served as a reminder, her thumb absentmindedly rubbed against the segment in her hand, travelling in slow circles that brushed brushed against the spikes beside it for only a second before migrating further and inevitably bumping into another spike. "It's something few people know since most don't go around touching cacti for hopefully obvious reasons."

She shrugged as if to cast the thought aside. Stretching each arm out to the side and cracking her shoulders in turn, the muted turn of her smile disappeared into a more genuine curve. "But I've blabbered on enough." Her knees bent and she dropped into a more proffessional fighting stance with her forearms hovering ready-to-block in front of her. "I'll give you right of first strike. It'll make it easier to avoid any spiky incidents right of the bat, anyhow."

Pokeking Pokeking Genii Genii DualDragons DualDragons

Ramirez extended a hand to the Minotaur. "Is nice to meet ya mate. Sounds like you had one hell of a journey to come work ere. Don't think I could stomach a whole month on a boat, all dat rocking back and fore... and the endless deep." He shuddered at the thought.

Percival did his best to explain what a Hogboon was. “-about yay big (gesturing to his knee)… green in colour… they have a snout and squeal like a piglet.” Just a little goblin really.

The teen listened to Ramirez’s impressive list of monster encounters, wrinkling his nose up at the last one. “Do people really eat Wyverns?”

Percival

DualDragons DualDragons Gwenymoo Gwenymoo Pokeking Pokeking

Percival did his best to explain what a Hogboon was. “-about yay big (gesturing to his knee)… green in colour… they have a snout and squeal like a piglet.” Just a little goblin really.

The teen listened to Ramirez’s impressive list of monster encounters, wrinkling his nose up at the last one. “Do people really eat Wyverns?”

Percival

DualDragons DualDragons Gwenymoo Gwenymoo Pokeking Pokeking
Ivan frowns hearing Percival's question to Ramirez. He takes the paper of the holes quest off the board. He inhales before saying with a not so booming voice of his own:
"Alright, who wants to come with me?"

Ivan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back