• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Hunter’s Inn || Monster Hunting RP [OPEN]

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
“Go easy on those.” He half-heartedly warned Rinzi as she downed hers. When she cheerily chimed ‘Hi’, he just responded with a grunt.
Slightly slower, she drank it. She definitely downed that one, too, though. Whether that the effects of the drink would actually take the girl over would be discovered in due time.
“May I steal this one?” Miur cooed, lifting the Dragon's Fire and swirling it intently, watching the liquid slosh about beneath the rim. The woman beside her had necked it with such fervour, she now had to quench her curiosity of the strange drink. It was already decided, a 'no' would do little to persuade her otherwise, but she thought it courteous to at least ask first. Her ears gave a small flicker of anticipation.
Rinzi already turned her glances to the person she thought fit to greet; no better person to confide in than a peer, right? With a little bit of gung-ho in her gestures and an extremely go-getter expression, she beamed an ear-to-ear smile and saw fit to-
"Ah, bartender Barry, I'd like to order your strongest Alcohole if possible, please. I'm feeling rather partched at this moment." His voice was quite deep, almost vibrating the bar as he spoke, but a smile rested on his face as he politely spoke to the Dwarf behind the bar. "If you like as payment, I could possibly help you cook. They say my flames are rather hot." The male would continue as he brushed his uniform off a little and waited for the barkeeper's answer, paying little attention to the new comers as not to come off rude.
Gasp. "You're on fire."

No, literally! She looked quite astonished to see the sight. (Akuma)

She cleared her throat, immediately pretending like this phenomenon was absolutely normal. She just saw a woman with half the body of a snake passing by, so she was still gauging the scale right now and foreigners didn't exactly have a ruler to standardize off of. Either case, she ended up putting herself in a little predicament because she might've just accidentally tied these two into interacting with each other, plus a barman.

Oh well. What's life without chaos?

Attention splitting, she put one side towards this Miur ( M matcha latte ) stranger.

"Hey-"

COUGH!

Some charcoal-black ink leaves and spurts out of the corners of her mouth from how fierce the fit was, but her hand catches the ink before it splashes anywhere at remarkable speed.

"Ack- Uch- sorry- Cough! Cough! I drank both of those...Too fast," She piped in, managing to somehow explain the coughing fit. "Hoo...Haaah..."

"I'm good. I think. Um-Hi there. I'm Rinzi! I'd shake your hand, but you'd get some of this blood, and that wouldn't be nice."

Blood? That's ink...Right?

"Anyway, I like your ears, they look like they could fit a thousand piercings!" She took a glance outside, peering at the windows and noticing something she hadn't seen when she walked inside. 7'6, maybe? It was a sizable beast, and the only reason her glance took a while to return back to Miur was because she had inadvertently connected the dots that this giant dire bear had a similar color scheme to the pointy-eared person.

"Is that your bear? Very pretty. And your eyes! Prettier! I'd bet moonlight would pale against the sight of you, but I think it's just because of the lighting Gentleman Flames is providing." She tilted her head towards Akuma ( BlackLung BlackLung ) with a warm smile.

"You too! You look pretty as well! Pretty coooooooolllll..."

She paused. That wouldn't be logically right.

"...Pretty hot!"

Good work, Rinzi.

Last edited:
Cyra Iduska
Location: Yard || Interactions: Reegan ( BlackLung BlackLung )

"It better not be, Dusk, I don't really feel like being sent to the healer right now."

"It's not," she promised again, still absentmindedly passing the cactus from hand to hand. "Most cactuses aren't, actually... assuming you don't count the glochids." She gently pulled one of the spines of the plant—it was about the same length as her pinky finger—and held it out like a particularly interesting sewing needle. "These ones are pretty large, though. That makes them easy to remove."

"What have you got there, anyway, some kind of cactus? Am I gonna be poked at by those spines?"
"Poooossibly?" The spine dissappeared into her clutched palm as if it might then be forgotten (of course, the small bit of cactus she was holding was still covered in them, but perhaps it would seem less threatening if their full length wasn't on display). "I told it not to prick anyone just yet, but I'm not sure if it's going to listen. They can be finicky when they're fresh from the nursery."

"Apologies for my lack of knowledge on plants."

Dusk shrugged, taking a second to throw the needle into her bag a few feet away. "That's no problem; knowing about plants is my job, anyway."

"This," she dropped the cactus to the ground and leaned down to put a finger up against one of the few spineless areas on its skin, "is a jumping cactus." The plant in question shivered for a moment—spines twitching like whiskers—and sprouted another bud from the top of the segment. "They're named for their ability to detatch bits of themselves that catch on other things, making it seem like they jump toward you." The bud expanded, spines popping out in unison with its growth. "Again, I've told it to try to keep the spikes to itself but uh..." she gestured to the still-growing plant with her free hand, "you might guess where that could possibly go wrong during a spar. I'd understand if you don't want to with that in mind."

"You can touch it now, if you'd like. It seems pretty stable." Her hand brushed against the side, seemingly impervious to the spikes, and a segment of the now football sized mass of cactus fell neatly into her palm. "Mind you, if you ever see anything like this normally, you shouldn't. The only reason it's not filling me with needles right now if because I asked, they're not usually so friendly with people."

Reegan watched intently as the taller elf woman tossed the cactus from hand to hand, before taking one of its spines from the plant, fiddling around with the sharp little stinger. "...these ones are pretty large, though. That makes them easy to remove." She would say after confirming to the half elf of the cactuses non-poisonous traits. He was glad to get some knowledge of plants, as it could help help him out at a later date. How much it could help will remain a mystery for now though.

"This.." A pause in her voice made it seem like the plant she was showing off were of a rare or hard to find quality. As if she were prideful that she managed to get her hands on one. "Is a jumping cactus." Oh boy, Reegan already had flashing images of being jumped at by the plant, it's spines sticking into his body from all angles. As she explained why they are called this, Reegan would nod his head, taking in the information that was just provided to him. "Sounds like a neat little trick, not gonna lie. Kind of like when certain lizards detatch their tales to escape predators." He'd say in response after she finished her sentence.

"You might guess where that could possibly go wrong during a spar.." Yeah, he could definitely see how hundreds of englarged spikes being embedded in his skin could go wrong.. All part of the challenge he'd suppose. "I'll happily accept the chance to go against something strong. Who knows, this knowledge might save my life one day against a herd of these little guys." He'd reply, reaching his hand out gently to touch the bare skin on the cactus' body once Dusk confirmed it was safe to do so. "Huh, it's kinda soft. Excluding the little murder spines surrounding it. Soft skin though."

Reegan Bazelgeuse
Location - The yard
Interactions - BittyBobcat BittyBobcat

Last edited:
Lan Clementine
Interactions: N/A- Feel free to have him shove your character on his way out

Lan's face once again rested in his arms, shoulders heavy as though they still carried the weight of his oversized pack over miles of- not quite dangerous terrain. He was infact so done with the day, he didn't bother look up when he heared the tell tale clink of a glass being set in front of him, or the call for a toast by some lady in the background.
When a few moments passed and he finally gathered the will to investigate, a small glass of orange liquid was set in front of him.
What was that- orange juice? Had this bartender somehow magically read his desire for a non-alchoholic beverage?

" Uh, thanks-" The mage picked the glass up, sloshing the contents around in its crystal container as another person ( made of fire??? ) took their place at the bar. Ok. Weird. But as was the case with the snake girl; Lan wasn't one to judge.
A few others gathered at the bar as well- all easily downing their gifted beverage.

With all of the innocence of a very stupid man, he knocked it back ( why he did so with what he assumed to be orange juice was unknowable).

He quickly learned this was not orange juice.
In no way, was this orange juice.

The liquid burned his mouth like hot coal, growing only warmer as he held it. Lan hadn't taken enough shots to properly get the sip down his throat in one go unfortunately, so it sat in his comically puffed cheeks- continuing to burn his mouth as he struggled to swallow- but wanted desperately to cough.
Lan was now panicking. Tears pricked the corners of his vision as his head turned frantically, searching for somewhere to spit the drink out.

Where were the restrooms in this place? Like fuck if he knew.

With nowhere else to turn ( because he hadn't thought to just spit it back in his cup ), Lan stood with an energy he hadn't seen since the last day he slept in an inn and rushed through the crowded hall- shoving people out of his way rather than take the time to duck around them.

The mage made it out of the doors with baffling pace- tripping on the ledge out and stumbling a few feet before falling onto his front. His chin bounced against the firm ground hard enough to leave a bruise- and he finally spit the cursed drink out. Lan could swear he watched the grass sizzle where it fell.

Last edited:
“Thank you, good sir.” She coiled two pale hands around the goblet, lifting it to take a few long swigs. Whatever joy showed on her face quickly drained, replaced with a scrunched up look of disdain as she recoiled from the drink. It was nothing like her smooth, sticky and syrupy drinks of choice. It burned her, deeply. Miur let out a mumbled “blegh”, as she hung her head for a moment before recomposing. A free drink, though, is never to go wasted. Reluctantly, she drew the poison back to her lips. Something from the corner of her vision caught her attention. Her eyes flickered to the smiling woman beside her, then to the figure who was indeed on fire, then to Rinzi, and then-

She was startled by a cough.

Her lashes fluttering in bemusement. “Blood-?” A quiet voice resonated from inside the mug, shortly cut off by the continued speech. Miur decided to take this time to chug the vicious drink, allowing the woman's conversation to shoot from one topic to another, winced eyes following between the two strangers as the woman gestured and turned. Then, came to a pause. “Gghhh..” Slamming the emptied goblet onto the counter, Miur's head turned to the fellow hunter, a troubled, and somewhat pained, look coming across her feline-like features. “You said you're bleeding, Rinzi?”, she bluntly backtracked.

Interactions: ShredKnives ShredKnives BlackLung BlackLung

Rinzi Ranaya
Guild Hall, Bar
Interacting
M matcha latte (Miur)​
“You said you're bleeding, Rinzi?”, she bluntly backtracked.
"Well, it's blood, but it's not my blood, it's a little complicated, but it's just uh...Divine energy!"

She held up her hand, showing that her palm was stained with, indeed, black ink with hardly a drop of blood seen in its substance. Divine energy was conveyed in strange ways, one could imagine. "Well, look, I'd rather just say it's blood, 'cause it kind of is. Belongs to my friend! My friend doesn't really open up to anyone," She said as she pat her stomach, as if implying there was something living inside of her, and continued with, "But I forget he has his own little preferences, so there's me the non-picky eater, and then there's the legendary picky-eater, and stuff like this is poison to the body already."

She tapped on her two empty goblets.

"But blood, schmud! Blood's just a guideline for living, pain removing weakness from the body, the whole what-have-you. I'll go ahead and repeat that your eyes look really pretty."

She grinned. "Don't be so worried. Injury is natural. I'm happy just to be here."

Long Way Back From Hell

Danzig

Guild Hall

interactions

The dhampir listened in curiosity. She enjoyed getting to know these people from distant places, all brought here for different reasons. Just in this group of 3, their motivations were unique. The teen wished to become a knight, opting to become a hunter as it was all he could do. The dhampir paladin wished to exterminate evil and quench her bloodlust. The minotaur taking his brother's place for him. She wondered what the motivations of the others were. Perhaps she would ask them, should she get the chance.

Her ears snagged at the fact then Xenophon could play the lyre. She was an enjoyer of music, so to be acquainted with a musician was something she enjoyed greatly. "I'd love to listen to your music. Should we get the chance after a quest, I'll be sure to give you some coin for a song."

Alienor turned her head towards Percival after his curious question about the infirmary. "Surely you knew there was one here. After all, we will be sent out to hunt monsters. It isn't the safest job out there," She stated matter of factly. Perhaps the young knight didn't do his homework on the place.

Alienor Wright

♡design by sirnateunknown, coded by uxie♡

The male flame spirit reached out thankfully as the bartender handed him a drink of what he presumed to be his famous Dragons fire, a drink known through out the guild hall to put newbies on their ass drunk as they joined. It was most definitely one of the strongest they had behind the bar. And perfect for someone such as himself as the strong alcohol not only provided him with a much needed quench of thirst, but it would fuel the flames keeping him alive.

He'd take the beverage to his lips, gulping down a few mouth fulls of the drink before letting it go with a clearly happy sigh. "Magnifique!" He exclaimed excitingly as he took another greedy swig of the Dragons fire, the flames burning on the outside of his body growing a little brighter and more intense, nothing that would hurt another though. "Your skills in the art of alcohol have once again been proven, Barry. Thank you for the delicious drink." Akuma would say in appreciation toward the dwarf, before another voice chimed in his direction, making his head turn in curiosity.

"You're on fire!" Is what the young male spirit heard before the turning of his head. This would cause him to smile in amusement as the flames dancing on the outside of his body showed themselves off a little more. "Ah, yes, young miss, my body is made entirely of a special type of fire. Humans have given this phenomenon a name, but my race specifically is of the 'Black flame spirit' family. We are able to freely control and conjure these flames in a defensive or agressive nature." He'd explain, taking another sip of the drink clutched between his fingers as he did so.

"You're pretty cool." The 'ool' in this sentence would be dragged out for a lot longer than implied, before coming to a silent stop as the woman back tracked on her words. "Pretty hot" which caused him to chuckle. She was quite funny, he thought.

Once he had heard the coughing, however and mention of blood, his expression grew more concerned for the young woman's safety. He'd look at the other woman as she chimed in, asking as to confirm if Rinzi had been bleeding or not. She had explained it as if something was living inside of her, something that was a picky eater and decided on what could be kept down. "Interesting." He thought out loud, scratching his neck slightly. "Let's hope there is some food that it'll like in this fine establishment."

Akuma
Location - Guild hall (Bar)
Interactions - ShredKnives ShredKnives M matcha latte

Last edited:
Barry The Barman raised a brow as Lan hastily fled from the building. “Woke him up at least.” He muttered to himself as he tossed Rinzi a handkerchief for her little ink-cident.

Hannah the Healer gave Lan a concerned look as he rushed past Amru and herself.

Barry (npc)
M matcha latte
BlackLung BlackLung
ShredKnives ShredKnives
redraider redraider

“Yes, of course… I knew that.” Percival’s embarrassed face slowly disappeared behind his tankard as he drank/hid.

Maybe he’d go for a wander and take a look around the place, although his empty belly seemed to have other ideas. It growled at him in neglect, especially after a waft of roasted meat began to drift through the room.

Percival
Pokeking Pokeking CalamityQueller CalamityQueller

Saen Mindslither

Guild Bar

"Ssspicewine is indeed a rare and acquired taste," Saen commented as she took the goblet and had a slow sip. "Fortunately, I grew up in Kalasss. The wavesss battering against the dry cliffs- I would dearly love to go back there sssometime."

As Rinzi bled her... whatever the hell it was, Saen blinked a couple of times in surprise. "Forgive me, but would you mind explaining a bit more about your companion? I am not familiar with much cccelessstial lore- my tutorsss spent more of their time dealing with the infernal side of the cosssmos."

Xenophon yios Calix​

Interactions: Percival and Stan( Genii Genii ), Alienor ( CalamityQueller CalamityQueller )
Mentions: N/A

Just three songs? Xenophon scratched the tip of his muzzle. "I understand and have no problem in learning these three songs. If that is what the house likes to hear, then I will learn them. I am accustomed to loud songs." He recalled an episode from his youth when he was seven with the horn nubs of a boy his age and his brother who was five years older with the growing horns of a boy who was beginning his journey to maturity went with their father as he toured outposts around Aldebaran. There were certain expectations if one was not exempt. Anyone who was not exempt had to follow the same rules as the warriors stationed at the outposts: you get up at an assigned time, you sleep in the same type of beds, you eat the same type of food. No Captain Titus would not make an exception for his sons. His boys clearly had no qualifications to be exempt. Altair was excited that for this brief moment, he could live like a soldier. Xen, as he was called as a boy at that time, had misgivings because he recognized that life as a warrior was not for him. However, he wanted to travel with his father and he knew what responsibilities came with it.

In the dining halls, the adult minotaurs would sing ballads about glorious battle and bringing honor to homeland. Although many of the songs were violent, the boy's attention was clearly rapt. He caught on to the songs and joined in wholeheartedly. When Altair was old and experienced enough to lead patrols, he would bring his brother along just so he could entertain the other warriors. It wasn't like his choice or Father's choice in me joining these patrols were nonsensical. I didn't take the oath like they, but I knew how to fight reasonably well and could be relied on. Speaking of which....

"Standard minotaur practice when setting up a base or operations is to establish an infirmary, an area where one can treat the wounded or sick. That is how I determined that there was an infirmary. It's what my people would do if they set up a facility such as this. While the town might have their own infirmary, this place needs a dedicated clinic."

Xenophon's ears waggled as he heard Percival's stomach protest and his large round nostrils flared in response to the presence of roasting meats. In contrast to the animals that his people resembled, they consumed both vegetable and meat. Living by the sea, he ate lots of fish growing up before he moved to the capital city. "I could also use food and drink. I would be interested in finding out what brew is served here. The only type we have in our region is mead, Aldebaran mead to be more precise. My sister-in-law's clan, the one my brother married into, is known for beekeeping and making honey and mead. I had not had wine or other brews until I left home." His eyes scanned the area to find a suitable table.

49de1515094c4123e33ace8ac599baf4.jpegInteractions: Genii Genii (Beryl)
Outfit

"Your insane." The blonde-haired girl said as she folded a white gown. Ruby raised a brow at her 3rd sister.
"Yes, because I'm the one who married a guy after a week," Ruby said casually, picking up her wand and shoving it in her boot. Her sister looked up, shocked, with her mouth gaping open ready to spit back at her sister. But something stopped her, and it wasn't her motherly instinct. It was the fact that Ruby had just stuffed a platinum item into her boot.
"Where did you get that?!" Jumping to her feet to take a closer look at the wand. Ruby tried to fight, but her sister violated her boot and took the sucker out.
"I bought it..." Ruby said putting back her boot on, trying not to make eye contact.
"You bought it? With what money? Are you telling me you wasted all your money on this?" She aggressively shook Ruby's shoulders.
"No, there's more!" Pushing her sister away, she took out her weapons. The blonde closed her eyes to calm herself down, shoving the blue object back into Ruby's hands.
"You're not only penniless, but you are marching to your death."
"Not technically. When I get the gold, I won't be," Her sister had no words left to say, staring at the youngest with a single thought in her head 'where did mother go so wrong with you?' Ruby sweetly smiled, "Lia? So? You won't rat me out, will you?"
Lia hugged her baby sister, sighing, "If you die, I will kill you."

It took a while to convince her sister, so she was sure she was late for the signing. Huffing her way through a crowd, she felt relief once she saw the Inn in sight. She was hit with nostalgia. Her mother was a common face back in the day she can already imagine her sipping on one of Barrys drinks. Ruby never stopped coming, but this time was different. She wasn't coming to get drunk on one of Barry's exotic drinks. It was to sign up and join something that isn't going to have her end up in a ditch somewhere...that last part is debatable. Rushing in, Ruby tripped over the entrances door, dropping her weapons and bumping into an individual; she apologized, quickly grabbing her belongings off the floor before she walked over to the table. Looking over at Beryl, her icon, role model, and what she hoped to be in the future other than the many professions and goals she had in mind. "Hi, Beryl, you look lovely as you usually do." Ruby awkwardly looked down at the paper. She didn't care what the clauses were. There was nothing that could stop her from signing that dotted line.
᥅ꪊ᥇ꪗ

Last edited:
Bar Bing Bar
Interaction: DualDragons DualDragons
The kobold wings stretched out staring up at Ivan the expression upon his face was that of great and grievous offences as if one had preahps insulted a dearly departed sibling. "A DRAGON get it through your thick skull simpleton it is I BAR BING BAR mighty red dragon and you should know well simply because my stature is.. lacking my status is far above your own remember this well" The kobold squeezed out crossing his arms abd huffing in annoyance at the precived slight toward his honour or more accurately dilutions

This answer seemed to ease Miur's concerns, her face softening. “Well, if I were in one's stomach, I'd be throwing even greater hissy fits. I've been told I'm quite the fussy woman.” Her gage of a tantrum was questionable, to say the least, did bleeding really qualify? She continued, “Divine energy though, I admit, I'm a little envious. I expect it comes in great use during combat, and I'm curious to see that power for myself. You'll have to show me on a quest, one day!” With a quiet pause, Miur mulled over this, tracing a fingertip along the rim of her emptied goblet. “Or, perhaps I could find my own divine entity to eat. Is their flavour palatable, or is it generally advised to season them first? And, what about wine pairings?”

The corners of her lips curled into a grin, “I thank you.” Perching herself on a fraying stool cushion, she settled both hands upon the counter. “My name is Miurenere, but Miur does just as well. The cub outside is indeed, my own, Furball. Though, he'd sooner eat me, than I him.” Glancing to the window, eyes narrowed at the dumb-faced bear, presently rolling and writhing upon an itch on it's back. “Is our family resemblance that strong, I wonder?” Was he an elvish bear, or her a bearish elf? Miur caught a soft chortle in her hand, amused by this thought. “Never mind that, shall we order another round? One for you, too, candlestick?” She shot an impish smile at Akuma, “We've much to celebrate.” Before either could answer, the elf had already turned, beckoning the barman over with a high, cheery wave.

Interactions: ShredKnives ShredKnives BlackLung BlackLung Genii Genii

Bar Bing Bar
Interaction: DualDragons DualDragons
The kobold wings stretched out staring up at Ivan the expression upon his face was that of great and grievous offences as if one had preahps insulted a dearly departed sibling. "A DRAGON get it through your thick skull simpleton it is I BAR BING BAR mighty red dragon and you should know well simply because my stature is.. lacking my status is far above your own remember this well" The kobold squeezed out crossing his arms abd huffing in annoyance at the precived slight toward his honour or more accurately dilutions
Ivan looked at Bar Bing Bar with the expression of a child holding his laughter after being told to stay silent.
"If you say so." He chuckles. "Sign ups are inside." Ivan jerks his thumb back to the guild hall.

He then looks around him wondering if there is a quiet place to shapeshift because he wants to take a quick break flight.

Interaction: Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3

Barry didn’t return the cheery wave, but he did waddle over as he was summoned. “Yeah?” He barked over the tavern’s chatter.

Barry The Barman

M matcha latte

______

“Ruby.” The Guild Master greeted, a raised brow as she noticed all the weapons and equipment the woman was carrying today. She watched as the brunette signed the contract, then smiled.

“You’ve decided to join us?” Officially anyway. The half-orc had always regarded little Ruby as one of their own.

Beryl The Brave

bayleen bayleen

_____

“Back home we’d drink hot Meade in the winter.” Which Percival really enjoyed as it was good for warming up cold aching hands.

“We don’t keep bees, but you can buy anything in Renton.” Renton, presumably being the city where Percy came from. It was further south, and at least a weeks ride away from Colby.

There was a table to their left with room to spare. A portly man, presumably the cook going by what he wore, had just placed down a few sharing dishes. Roasted meats and vegetables of various kinds, as well as freshly baked breads.

Percival

Pokeking Pokeking CalamityQueller CalamityQueller

Long Way Back From Hell

Danzig

Guild Hall

interactions

Alienor's attention wandered towards where the food had been placed. It had been a while since she has eaten, and a meal did not sound too bad right now. It wasn't what she was desiring exactly, sure, but blood wasn't something she could probably order her, so this meal would suffice.

"It has been a while since I enjoyed a good meal. Let's go to that table over there, the empty one. Perhaps we could get ourselves some wine too? I'm craving a good red," The dhampir mused, starting to make her way towards the table. God, how long was it since she had a proper meal?

"Maybe after we finish our meal, we could inquire about any quests."

Alienor Wright

Rinzi Ranaya
Guild Hall, Bar
M matcha latte (Miur)
BlackLung BlackLung (Akuma)
Genii Genii (Barry)

redraider redraider (Saen)​
“Divine energy though, I admit, I'm a little envious. I expect it comes in great use during combat, and I'm curious to see that power for myself. You'll have to show me on a quest, one day!”
"Hm, maybe...Heilang's a little shy, but I'm sure he'd make some exceptions."

Rinzi nodded as she pat her stomach, like a pregnant mother. Not that she had any noticeable bulge, she probably looked more curved and toned out than most of the tavern-goers, but a girl can dream.

"Oh wow, your name is..."
“My name is Miurenere, but Miur does just as well. [...]"
"...Me-er-re-near. I like that! Definitely beats 'banana.' I'm Rinzi. Rinzi Ranaya. It's like 'banana,' but less savory."

As Rinzi bled her... whatever the hell it was, Saen blinked a couple of times in surprise. "Forgive me, but would you mind explaining a bit more about your companion? I am not familiar with much cccelessstial lore- my tutorsss spent more of their time dealing with the infernal side of the cosssmos."

She made a notable "O" in her mouth as her direction was put to the SNAKE! She liked snakes, especially corn snakes with how small they were and how beady their eyes are.

"Sure! Long story short, I'm from an island called Haemo. Filled with a lot of crazy primal creatures that kind of look like that Miurerererenear's bear outside. There's a legendary beast that sits at the top of the only mountain in the island, called Heilang. Legends say he was birthed from the right hand men of the gods to write letters and create calligraphy for the peasants like me down below. Once Heilang fulfilled his duty, he propped himself into Haemo to reign rule over the beasts while mostly sleeping off his stresses of making heaven's ink."

She hummed softly, still musing over what else she could briefly summarize.

"...And i think he accidentally got it on the animals and turned Haemo into a destructive art-piece of Ragnarok. But they're still pretty docile, just...Larger and they look a lot like something you'd see on woodblocks at an art gallery."

She pointed her gaze at Akuma. "Rinzi Ranaya! And this is Heilang." She pat her stomach a second time for the two to see, though it's pretty clear there was no sign of any movement there. "He sleeps a lot while I borrow his energy."

“Or, perhaps I could find my own divine entity to eat. Is their flavour palatable, or is it generally advised to season them first? And, what about wine pairings?”
"Let's hope there is some food that it'll like in this fine establishment."
Rinzi held up a finger with a snarky raise of the eyebrow. "The trick is to get the mock-ups. Peaches, bread, rice, and vegetable curry. They've all got a little story behind them, but every god has their whole foods. Heilang, no different. People at the islands always talked about how the heavens farmed peaches, and that the great sacrifice of good men came at the reward of bread and curry. And rice is there because it doesn't taste like anything."

“Never mind that, shall we order another round? One for you, too, candlestick?” She shot an impish smile at Akuma, “We've much to celebrate.” Before either could answer, the elf had already turned, beckoning the barman over with a high, cheery wave.
Barry didn’t return the cheery wave, but he did waddle over as he was summoned. “Yeah?” He barked over the tavern’s chatter.
"ANOTHER ROUND!" Rinzi excitedly said, before quickly pointing her gaze at the fiery Akuma. "But only if the Black Flame wants one, too."

"aCTUALLY." She scratched that last sentence off, facing the barman directly. "Nah, I'll just take a round regardless."

Last edited:
“A round of what?” Barry thought it best to keep the Dragon’s Fire away from this lot. What with one of them coughing up black blood and another running for the hills (Lan).

“Ale, Cider, Meade, Wine… Milk?” There we’re stronger offerings on his shelves too, but he didn’t fancy being scolded by Hannah for knocking out any rookies on their first day.

Barry (npc)

ShredKnives ShredKnives

______

Percival followed after Alienor like an obedient pup, whilst Stan returned to his duties at the enrolment table.

“Do you think they’ll let us go out on quests so soon?” Percy said as he sat down on the bench. He looked across at what appeared to be a large noticeboard on the wall - the Quest Board. There were a few Hunter’s gathered around it, possibly forming parties and making plans for tomorrow.

The Teen turned back to the food on the table and reached for (what looked like) a tomahawk steak. He paused, looked at Xenophon, then grabbed some bread instead.

Percival

CalamityQueller CalamityQueller
Pokeking Pokeking

Xenophon yios Calix​

Interactions: Percival ( Genii Genii ), Alienor ( CalamityQueller CalamityQueller )
Mentions: N/A

Xenophon's eyes sparkled with excitement. Although Percival was human, it seemed that they had a few things in common. He smiled even though it was difficult for those inexperienced with minotaurs to tell it was a smile, but the tone in his voice was clear that he was pleased "We do the same back home. We drink hot mead in Aldebaran. Most other Dreemans prefer hot tea while some drink coffee. Few humans back home drink hot mead. Opposite for us. Few minotaurs drink hot tea or coffee.

Xenophon's muscular frame tensed up when buying bees was suggested, "I will keep that in mind, but I dislike bees. Butterflies and ladybugs are okay, but I don't like many bugs. Bees, wasps, and hornets most of all." He recalled an event from when he was a small boy of five, he had the idea to play with the bees. Bad choice and he got stung. He wasn't allergic to the stinging but their barbs stuck to him and Teacher Ovid subjected him to the extraction. The boy that he was hid the pain well and he learned his lesson well.

Xenophon sat at the table and his ropey tail moved aside by reflex so he wouldn't sit on it. "Agreed. It would help to learn what type of cases come up more often than others. This Hall's Mistress could offer suggestions. As an impartial judge, her judgment would be honest." He raised both of his hands, palms facing the sides of his head so he could offer a prayer in his own language, <Blessed be the food and drink in front of me. May they strengthen body and soul.> He took a large bread roll and sliced it open. He then took some of the meat and a couple of the greenery and placed it in the opening. Another time and another place, it would have been called a sandwich. He took a bite with his maw and savored the combination of flavors.

Xenophon spotted the portly man who might have been the cook and gave him a simple salute of thanks.

49de1515094c4123e33ace8ac599baf4.jpegInteractions: Genii Genii (Barry) ShredKnives ShredKnives (Rinzi) M matcha latte (Miur) BlackLung BlackLung (Akuma) redraider redraider (Saen)

She took her attention away from her contract and tried to contain her excitement, placing the pen down, "That was always the plan." She said, catching the pen as it fell off the table. "My sister just needed a bit of convincing..." She said, looking off to the side and checking out her surroundings; landing on Barry, she looked back at Beryl, smiling, "I'm going to go celebrate with some alcohol."

Walking to the Bar, she hopped onto one of the chairs, "Hi Barry...My favorite dwarf." Pursing her lips, she contemplated what she should get. Wine would be the safest option, "Can I have...wine?" Nodding her head, trying to convince herself. Drawn by the commotion next to her were a group of what looked like a snake, two girls, and a man on fire, looking back at Barry she beckoned him over "Barry, Barry Wait, make that a pint of um rum...yeah."

Hopping off her chair, it wasn't like her to walk up to strangers and make conversation, but then again, she's never seen anything like them. And considering that she needed to be with a group even to take on a quest considering going solo isn't an option she sat closer to them, "You guys a part of the guild?" she exclaimed excitedly.

Last edited:

Long Way Back From Hell

Danzig

Guild

interactions

The dhampir looked upon the table of delectable foods, her eyes flicking immediately towards the various meats on the table. She reached for the tomahawk steak that Percival decided to neglect, taking a great bite out of it. It was delicious, that much she had to admit. She listened to the conversation the two were having as they all ate.

"I just feel we should try and get on our feet I guess. I don't think we should fling ourselves into immediate danger though, I just think we should attempt a lower-level hunt just to get a feel for things. No?" She suggested, looking between the two. It was either sooner or later that they began to take on hunts. Why not try and get some experience under our belt.

"If you feel nervous, then maybe we could try and team up with a veteran of this place. They know what they'll be doing, and so we won't be completely blind going into this."

Alienor Wright

Akuma would listen to the pair converse, his attention wandering elsewhere as they would both mention a bear of some sort. He'd look to the side and out of the window to where they were staring earlier to see a rather large looking bear cub outside, although you couldn't really tell it was still an adolescence without the owners confirmation as it's size was incredibly massive. He'd guess that the creature was around 7 feet in height, maybe bigger, but he'd need a measuring tape and the balls to measure such a beast. Aku's attention was returned back to Rinzi and Miur as they mentioned him and another glass of alcohol.

"Ah, yes, please, another glass for me as well. Can't say no to some good drinking. Plus we have to celebrate the joining our new members!" He'd say with a cheery expression, watching as more and more people began to converse at the bar. A snake woman seemed to be talking to Rinzi about the picky little eater in her stomach and he was about to start a conversation with Miur until a voice distracted him from doing so. Aku turned his head to the left and looked towards the source of the question "You guys a part of this guild?" To see a pretty, young looking woman addressing the group of hunters.

"Ah, yes miss..? I think everyone here is apart of the guild. It's getting harder to count all of the new faces." He'd chuckle, feeling the slight buzz from his first drink. "Names Akuma, will you be joining our ranks this fine day?"

Akuma
Location - Guild hall (bar)
Interactions -

ShredKnives ShredKnives
M matcha latte
Genii Genii
redraider redraider
bayleen bayleen

((Hey! A few more new recruits showed up, including Ruby (who has visited the tavern to drink many times in the past, but just signed up to join the guild).

Akuma (longtime Hunter, made of black flames), Saen (snake-lady), Rinzi and Miur are chatting & drinking at the bar. Lan was with them, but he just ran outside.

Bar Bing Bar (the Kobold) just confidently entered and is now chatting to Ivan (who chuckled at said entrance). They are just by the exit I think.

Alienor, Percival and Xenophon (the Minotaur) have just sat down at a table where Colin the cook just dished up some grub. They are all rookies, and currently wondering what the quests will entail. I don’t think they’ve met any other Hunters yet. 🤔

There are a couple of characters out in the Yard (Reegan & Dusk), and Hannah the healer is stood chatting with Amru.

Hopefully I haven’t missed any of them.

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back