• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Hunter’s Inn || Monster Hunting RP [OPEN]

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
DualDragons DualDragons (Ivan) Genii Genii (Beryl)
Profile here

A middle-aged human in a long black coat stepped up alongside Ivan and held a bowl of steaming stew out to him. He was bald and broad-shouldered, with a downturned mouth. A yawning grey cat sat curled around his neck, contrasting his stern look.

Dante Ironblood was used to taking in strays, and most everyone in the hunter’s guild knew it. They came and went from his room in the dormitories as they pleased.

So when he’d heard the growling stomach of the starving horned fellow waiting for Beryl, Dante couldn’t stop himself from feeding him while he waited. Besides, he felt it was wrong to ask a man to choose a dangerous livelihood while he was on an empty stomach. Not that this horned man would be the first, or the last, to join the hunter’s guild for food in the belly and a roof over the head. Dante had seen it plenty of times over the years.

“She’ll get to you soon,” he said to Ivan, jerking his head at Beryl. “In the meantime, eat. And why don’t you tell me what brings you to the hunter’s guild, friend?”

At this rate, with the number of newcomers Dante had seen in a cursory glimpse of the hall, a queue was bound to form for Beryl. Best to hasten the process along where he could, he thought.

"Thank you kindly!" He exclaimed gleefully as the tankard slid over to him, only coming to a full stop once it landed neatly into Reegans awaiting hand, the liquid spilling slightly with the abrupt pause in movement. With a firm grip, Reegan lifted his mug, using his other hand to pull down his mask a little to drink. A large looking scar can be seen just above his top lip, going down past his chin and disappearing past the black fabric of his face cover. Eagerly, he pulled the tankard to his lips, slightly tipping his head back and taking the liquid down, swallowing gulp aftet gulp of the refreshing beverage.

Half of the males glass was empty by the time he was done, a loud sigh of relief left his lips as his thirst was quenched finally. "God I love this bar." Reegan spoke out loud, seemlingly to himself, before he pulled the face mask back up, just over his nose.

The 27 year old would watch from his peripheral vision as other members and people made their way to the bar, taking seats and taking orders. He spotted a peculiar looking outline, which caused him to turn his head slightly and what he saw only made him reach for his sword before stopping. 'Lamia? That is definitely a unique character in a guild about slaying monsters. I just need to keep a cool head.' thoughts like these raced through his mind a little, but his attention turned elsewhere after a while.

Reegan Bazelgeuse
Location - Guild hall (bar)

Xenophon yios Calix​

Location: Streets of Colby, Outside the The Hunter's Inn, Guild Hall
Interactions: N/A

Yea, yea. I know what I am so stop starting at me or shying away. How long had it been since Xenophon had left home? It had been about twenty days since his family had seen him off on his voyage. Altair, who was both older brother and Lord Aldebaran, wanted to throw him a going away party. He was a 23 year old minotaur preparing to depart on a journey to join the Hunter's guild in place of his brother. Xenophon wasn't keen on the idea of a feast because there already was a celebration going on. King Jojin had just turned 18 which brought the time of regency to a close. Now, the young monarch ruled in his own name. To mark the occasion, a festival throughout the the Kingdom of Dreema had been going on for the past four days

Xenophon kept his thoughts to himself and allowed the feast to go on. To seemingly address his concern, the gathering was small and was not in the great hall. His father Titus, mother Naomi, his brother, brother's wife who was Lady Carmina and expecting, and Xenophon's Uncle Apollyon were the only ones in attendance. It was a simple meal of venison and tomatoes and green beans. His brother and the Lady gave him fresh parchment and quills and inkwells, his parents gave him a hard leather pouch to place his lyre in, and his uncle had a baxtrix staff personally forged for him. No more using generic baxtrix that anybody could use. The evening was capped by a personal demonstration with Xenophon sparring with his uncle who was the weapon master.

In the days afterwards, Xenophon's journey had been strange. He had once sought shelter in a supposedly abandoned temple only to find out that it was occupied by a female dragon who could speak a wide range of languages. Then there was a span of a few days between two towns where his travelling companion was a young human male of warm beige complexion who claimed to be from the future. Ludicrous and strangely dressed, but he was very charming.

Xenophon had arrived in Colby earlier today. Across the sea and across lands, he had finally arrived. He had not seen another minotaur since disembarking but knew and accepted that reality. Some people scurried out of the way. They probably think I'm one of the Asterion minotaurs. I am not a savage. Would a savage play music or be literate?

He stood in front of the Inn with a sack holding his rolls of parchment and writing materials, hard leather pouch containing his lyre, and the two halves of the baxtrix resting in the holsters on his back. This has to be it. He had followed the directions given to him by the few townspeople who were agreeable enough to point him in the right direction. He lowered his hood to reveal his bovine face with strong sharp horns and moppy blond hair against his light brown hide. Xenophon was considered to be attractive by minotaur standards, a trait lost here. I didn't come here to be seen like that. He shook his head and opened the door. I came here to honor my brother and offer my skills to the best of my ability.

Xenophon's eyes scanned the Guild Hall for this establishment's mistress, a half orc named Beryl. He spotted her and moved in that direction. He straightened his shoulders as if he was a guard reported to his father for duty. Finding that there appeared to be a line, he waited. Rather than spend his time in line initiating conversations, he occupied himself by listening to the patrons and looking the place over.

Lan Clementine
Location; Guild Hall ( Entrance, start ) ( Bar, end )

Large open doors hanging heavy on their hinges and echoing laughter spilling out like a blaze from a house fire werent quite... Inviting.
Sure, an open doorway and friendly chatter may have been comforting had this been an everyday inn; but considering the mountainous stature and boulder like figures of the patrons that filtered in and out of the place, Lan found the whole scene quite a bit out of his element.

Not that he was nervous, of course. What was he? A toddler being handed off for his first day in the clutches of a nanny? Pitching a fit , feet and fists flying in a vain effort to keep his poor red-faced mother there a few more strained seconds? Wet cheeked and puffy eyed from greatly undeserved tears?

No.
No he was not any of those things.

Lan Clementine was an adult man ( despite what the vast majority of bar tenders would tend to believe , given they didn't just assume he was a girl ) and was absolutely was not nervous about entering the Hunter's Inn Tavern.
He was just... Finding his bearings. Yeah. That's right.

It may have taken the better part of ten minuets to actually find those bearings; but that bit of information wasn't important. What was most important to this scene, was the moment he managed a deep breath before walking through the doors. Holding that last inhale of fresh air in his lungs as though the tavern was a deep, dark body of water he had been tasked to dive into- unsure of what creatures lurked in the inky depths; or when he would be able to surface again.

When he opened his eyes again, he was on the other side of the door- and met with the sight of a large assortment of tall, burly people with heavy footsteps and heavier weapons.
Out of his element may have been an understatement but... Lan, in all his cocky wisdom; would bet he could still take one or two. Not that he would start a fight before he even got the job but, as a note. For future reference in case of some unfortunate event where a brawl became necessary. Like in the common case of someone being enough of a festering gangrenous cock hole that Lan just couldn't help but run his mouth at them. Not that he would restrain smart comments in any other situation, but gangrenous cock holes were generally the ones that liked to punch about it.

The second oddity golden eyes crossed over were the glimmering pink scales of a snake. Attached to a woman's body.
He did not know what that species of ( was monster rude? ) person was called, but evidently- they were not one of the snake creatures that would try to eat people. Or at least that one was not currently attempting it, and so Lan decided it would be rude to continue staring; especially considering the snake lady was not wearing pants. Which made sense. They were a snake- Lan still averted his eyes.

Unfortunately, aforementioned half naked snake lady was standing (?) exactly where Lan needed to be in order to officially request membership to the guild.

Instead of braving the awkward few moments that standing there waiting while glaring in the other direction would entail, he collected his bearings once more and wandered to a rather inviting empty bar stool , standing alone and empty save for a person with long red hair a few seats over.

Without so much as a polite greeting, Lan dropped his heavy pack so It leaned against the leggs of his chosen seat, scrambled onto the cushion, and immediately layed his head against the smooth wood of the bar surface- resting, and watching with knit brows as he waited for the line forming in front of the old orc lady ( Barrel? He thought that is what they said her name was at least ) to thin before he tossed his hat in the ring of pestering her.

DualDragons DualDragons (Ivan) Genii Genii (Beryl)
Profile here

A middle-aged human in a long black coat stepped up alongside Ivan and held a bowl of steaming stew out to him. He was bald and broad-shouldered, with a downturned mouth. A yawning grey cat sat curled around his neck, contrasting his stern look.

Dante Ironblood was used to taking in strays, and most everyone in the hunter’s guild knew it. They came and went from his room in the dormitories as they pleased.

So when he’d heard the growling stomach of the starving horned fellow waiting for Beryl, Dante couldn’t stop himself from feeding him while he waited. Besides, he felt it was wrong to ask a man to choose a dangerous livelihood while he was on an empty stomach. Not that this horned man would be the first, or the last, to join the hunter’s guild for food in the belly and a roof over the head. Dante had seen it plenty of times over the years.

“She’ll get to you soon,” he said to Ivan, jerking his head at Beryl. “In the meantime, eat. And why don’t you tell me what brings you to the hunter’s guild, friend?”

At this rate, with the number of newcomers Dante had seen in a cursory glimpse of the hall, a queue was bound to form for Beryl. Best to hasten the process along where he could, he thought.
Ivan noticed a bald man holding out a bowl of stew to him. Without really questioning it he accepts the bowl and just digs in where he is standing.
"Hmm mmh! Thank you!" Ivan mumbles between eating.

"I was just wandering around the street looking for food and coin. Not really from around these part. I can't remember which parts I do come from though." The horned guy says to Dante. "It's coincidence that I stumbled here, I think."

Ivan

Myu Myu

Ramirez watched the new colourful cast of characters, seems things were going to get pretty busy here soon. He set the empty tankard down to take note of the new faces, the lamia was a suprise don't see many of those out and about.... horned kid was different too...didnt seem to be a demon.

Ramirez

The Barman’s grumpy attitude was mostly due to working long hours and waiting on rowdy hunters all day, but his expression softened as Moriana smiled at him and used the word ‘please’.

“… you joinin’ the Guild?” He asked as he climbed up a stepladder to retrieve a dark red pitcher from the shelf behind him. It was made of glass and blown into the shape of a roaring dragon’s head. He poured out a small goblet of it’s contents for Moriana, a strong smelling spirit that was as orange as the barman’s hair (‘Dragon’s Fire’).

“Drink that, and if yer join the Guild, I’ll pour yer another.” The dwarf grumbled.

“Beryl? She’s over there.” The Barman answered Rinzi, pointing out the Half-Orc in the centre of the Guildhall.

Amebrowne Amebrowne
ShredKnives ShredKnives

_______

“… but I’m sure your talents will come in useful.” Beryl eventually said, once she’d allowed Saen to sweat for a bit… if snake-people could sweat?

The Half-orc noticed a few new faces in amongst her ranks (including a minotaur), which could either be new recruits or freeloaders - either way they weren’t leaving without signing up to the guild. She had a backlog of quests attracting complaints and the Inn could do with the extra gold for some much needed repairs.

“Alright, listen up Rookies-“ She raised her voice, addressing the small group that had gathered, and anymore newbies dotted around the room. “If you’re here to join the guild follow me… and if you’re not - get out!” She pointed a big fat thumb to the exit behind her, before heading over to a large table where Stan the Bard had just dumped a box of scrolls.

Tapfic Tapfic
DualDragons DualDragons
Pokeking Pokeking

Percival listened intently to Alienor’s wise words, a shy smile on his face as she praised him. “I won’t.” He promised, with sincere yet naive conviction.

“Please, just call me Percival… or Percy. Technically to become a Knight in my kingdom you need the King’s blessing.” And that wasn’t likely to happen. Ever.

“-but I heard the Hunter’s Guild allow anyone to join. No referral papers, no guarantors… so long as you’re over eighteen, you’re in.” Or look eighteen at least. If he could grow a beard, Percy would have signed up years ago.

The teen turned to look at the Half-Orc as she made her announcement. “That’s us I guess… Last chance to change our minds.” He joked, smiling as he turned back to Alienor.

Percival

CalamityQueller CalamityQueller

Last edited:
“Beryl? She’s over there.” The Barman answered Rinzi, pointing out the Half-Orc in the centre of the Guildhall.
Hard to miss, huh.

“Alright, listen up Rookies-“ She raised her voice, addressing the small group that had gathered, and anymore newbies dotted around the room. “If you’re here to join the guild follow me… and if you’re not - get out!” She pointed a big fat thumb to the exit behind her, before heading over to a large table where Stan the Bard had just dumped a box of scrolls.
Already, she was out of her seat. She'd break the ice later, but it would be tough to get quests without any form of licenses, and socializing wasn't exactly the biggest asset for short-term cash.

With a quick "excuse me" leaving her lips, she wandered right on over to the table, blinking as she wondered if she should've gotten a drink. Or food. With any luck, she might get to meet someone interesting already, but the boomer half-orc was one of the only things stopping her from going straight into a quest and pulling the first person she saw.

The Barman’s grumpy attitude was mostly due to working long hours and waiting on rowdy hunters all day, but his expression softened as Moriana smiled at him and used the word ‘please’.

“… you joinin’ the Guild?” He asked as he climbed up a stepladder to retrieve a dark red pitcher from the shelf behind him. It was made of glass and blown into the shape of a roaring dragon’s head. He poured out a small goblet of it’s contents for Moriana, a strong smelling spirit that was as orange as the barman’s hair (‘Dragon’s Fire’).

“Drink that, and if yer join the Guild, I’ll pour yer another.” The dwarf grumbled.

Amebrowne Amebrowne
ShredKnives ShredKnives

_______

“… but I’m sure your talents will come in useful.” Beryl eventually said, once she’d allowed Saen to sweat for a bit… if snake-people could sweat?

The Half-orc noticed a few new faces in amongst her ranks (including a minotaur), which could either be new recruits or freeloaders - either way they weren’t leaving without signing up to the guild. She had a backlog of quests attracting complaints and the Inn could do with the extra gold for some much needed repairs.

Tapfic Tapfic
DualDragons DualDragons
Pokeking Pokeking

Percival listened intently to Alienor’s wise words, a shy smile on his face as she praised him. “I won’t.” He promised, with sincere yet naive conviction.

“Please, just call me Percival… or Percy. Technically to become a Knight in my kingdom you need the King’s blessing.” And that wasn’t likely to happen. Ever.

“-but I heard the Hunter’s Guild allow anyone to join. No referral papers, no guarantors… so long as you’re over eighteen, you’re in.” Or look eighteen at least. If he could grow a beard, Percy would have signed up years ago.

The teen turned to look at the Half-Orc as she made her announcement. “That’s us I guess… Last chance to change our minds.” He joked, smiling as he turned back to Alienor.

Percival

Ivan was greeted by the booming voice of Beryl, which almost made him spit out the stew he was eating. So much for a free meal. He wasn't really planning on facing any problems today, and he needed the coin for new clothes so maybe...?

DualDragons DualDragons (Ivan)
Gwenymoo Gwenymoo (Ramirez)
Profile here

Dante frowned. This horned fellow didn’t remember where he came from? It was worse than he’d thought.

At the sound of Beryl’s announcement voice, Dante’s cat yowled in surprise, jumped off his shoulders onto the floor and sped off across the hall, slipping under tables and between legs. The horned man looked fit to spit out his stew in surprise himself, so Dante handed him a handkerchief. He couldn’t blame him; they were unfortunate to be standing that close to Beryl at that moment. She was the only person Dante knew who could make herself instantly heard over the din of the busy guild hall. She wasn’t its master for nothing, even as she’d gotten on in age.

“Listen,” he said to Ivan, “Perhaps it wasn’t coincidence that brought you here, but something greater. Some hunters travel far and wide, and we come across all sorts of people. We may be able to aid you in finding those lost memories. If not, I’ve known others who have hunted only until they had enough coin to get back on their feet.

“It takes all types to hunt. Some are more suited to scouting or other tasks than to the front line of the fight. You look like you may have some unique skills. I’m sure you’d find a place here, if that’s what you choose.”

Dante gave Ivan a reassuring pat on the shoulder. Then he turned and scanned the room. He spotted Ramirez already watching and gestured for him to come over and help corral the newcomers.

Ramirez rubbed his ears and leant down noticing the fleeing cat, he clicked his tongue and did a "psp psp psp" To get their attention as he wiggled his fingers at it. Collecting the cat he got up and clomped his way over to the others. "Did she send out flyers or sumit today???"
Myu Myu

ssass.jpg

“… you joinin’ the Guild?”

Moriana took the shot that was poured for her and thanked him. She tossed it back and tried to hide the immediate shock that followed. It was good and she knew for sure that two would place her at her limits, and no doubt that the dwarf knew that as well. She didn't hold her liquor well and knew her limitations, but it definitely helped her confidence. She smiled. "That's the plan-"

Her attention shifted quickly to the half-orc woman, who Moriana immediately knew to be Beryl. Her father had known the Huntress back in his time and had nothing but praise for her. Beryl announced that if you weren't here for the guild then to exit. The young woman stood up, reached into her pocket and placed some silver on the bar. She looked at the dwarf and grinned. Her eyes lit up with excitement. "Sounds like I've been summoned."

She walked with a buzzed sense of self-reliance, head high and shoulders back, over to the large table. Her eyes scanned the others around her, curious about who her new companions were and who they would become.

M O R I A N A ASHERN
| at the Guild Hall awaiting Beryl's instructions |

Long Way Back From Hell

Danzig

Guild Hall

interactions

The dhampir turned her attention to the half-orc with a nod. There was no way she'd be backing out now, and it seemed others were here to join too. Perhaps she wouldn't be left behind after all. She stretched her back out, listening for the satisfying crack of the joint popping and got up from her chair.

"Let us make haste then, Percival. It seems our dear guild master has a line of expecting recruits," She said, making her way towards where the guild master had gone. She noticed quite a few odd patrons expecting to join the guild, but she would be a hypocrite if she sneered at them. After all, she was a dhampir, a rare sight indeed.

Alienor Wright

♡design by sirnateunknown, coded by uxie♡

DualDragons DualDragons (Ivan)
Gwenymoo Gwenymoo (Ramirez)
Profile here

Dante frowned. This horned fellow didn’t remember where he came from? It was worse than he’d thought.

At the sound of Beryl’s announcement voice, Dante’s cat yowled in surprise, jumped off his shoulders onto the floor and sped off across the hall, slipping under tables and between legs. The horned man looked fit to spit out his stew in surprise himself, so Dante handed him a handkerchief. He couldn’t blame him; they were unfortunate to be standing that close to Beryl at that moment. She was the only person Dante knew who could make herself instantly heard over the din of the busy guild hall. She wasn’t its master for nothing, even as she’d gotten on in age.

“Listen,” he said to Ivan, “Perhaps it wasn’t coincidence that brought you here, but something greater. Some hunters travel far and wide, and we come across all sorts of people. We may be able to aid you in finding those lost memories. If not, I’ve known others who have hunted only until they had enough coin to get back on their feet.

“It takes all types to hunt. Some are more suited to scouting or other tasks than to the front line of the fight. You look like you may have some unique skills. I’m sure you’d find a place here, if that’s what you choose.”

Dante gave Ivan a reassuring pat on the shoulder. Then he turned and scanned the room. He spotted Ramirez already watching and gestured for him to come over and help corral the newcomers.
Ivan looked at Dante's hand on his shoulder.
"Maybe you are right. Thanks, I might give it a try." He said to the man.
The wyvern man would follow Beryl as soon as things would kick off.

Barry the barman smiled slightly as he watched Moriana leave, scooping up the silver coins, which he presumed to be a tip. If only the rest of his boisterous patrons were as generous and polite. Maybe this new recruit could teach them a thing or two.

His thoughts were interrupted by another Hunter flagging him down for a drink, and he grumbled as he went to serve them. “Yeah, yeah, I’m comin’. Water? Pssh! Go stick yer ‘ead in the trough out back with the rest of the animals…”

Barry the barman (npc)

Amebrowne Amebrowne

________

Beryl gave scrutinising glances to all the newcomers as they approached. It seemed there were a few beast-folk among them, which didn’t bother the Half-orc in the slightest. As long as they didn’t eat one another in the night, she didn’t see an issue.

Stan the bard, a fair-haired human with an obnoxiously patterned shirt (unbuttoned to show a bit of man-cleavage), was setting out opened scrolls on the table. He also produced a quill and a pot of blood-red ink. Perhaps it was blood?

“Ain’t no fancy speeches or ceremony-” Beryl said, with a confident smile behind two protruding tusks. “-sign your name on the dotted line. If you can’t write, just a mark’ll do.”

“After that you’ll officially be part of the Guild, and permitted to join your fellow Hunters on quests.” She slowly paced the lineup, getting a closer look at everybody. “You’ll get a bed, free food and drink… the finest healt-”

The Guild Master had stopped next to Percival. The teen tried not to look at her, as she gave him a long hard stare - perhaps deciding if he was old enough. The girl wearing a bow behind him looked pretty young too (Rinzi).

When Beryl didn’t say anything for what felt like an age, Percy caved under the pressure and awkwardly announced, “… it’s my birthday today.”

Beryl The Brave (npc)
Percival

DualDragons DualDragons
Amebrowne Amebrowne
ShredKnives ShredKnives
Tapfic Tapfic
Pokeking Pokeking

((Here is a copy of the contract for any characters who will actually read it. Lol!
Hunter’s Guild Contract

I, the undersigned

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

in Mutual Agreement with my Brothers and Sisters of the Guild, accept the following terms and oaths:
  • I swear to always uphold the fine reputation of the Hunter’s Guild.
  • I swear to aid and defend all my fellow guildsmen.
  • I swear to bring prosperity and wealth for the Guild to grow and swear to handle any property granted to me by the Guild with great care.
  • I swear not to partake in any acts of aggression or ill will against my guildsmen.
  • I agree to share my profits from the field with those who accompany me on a quest.
  • Sharing is to be made in equal portions, no exceptions.
  • I agree to pay a Tithe of 1/10 of my earnings to the Guild & Crown, which will be deducted in advance.
  • Any equipment, paraphernalia or treasures found on the field will remain the property of whomever finds it.
  • Should I perish on the field, I wish to Petition for Resurrection. Y/N

Should I break any oath or clause in this agreement, I accept that I will be punished accordingly or, in extreme circumstances, banished from the Guild and stripped of all titles and earnings.

This I swear in the name of all Gods above and below.

Last edited:
Gwenymoo Gwenymoo

Dante released Ivan’s shoulder and turned to answer Ramirez, in whose arms the grey cat was now purring. “Either it’s the flyers, or Lionhearth’s tall tales are getting around. Do you think this batch realizes what they’re getting into?”

Myu Myu

"doubt it..." The hunter fussed the cat in his brawny scarred arms, "Look pretty young too. Better keep an eye on em. Specially dat one with the shinyest armour I've seen." he nodded in Percy's direction.

Before retiring her bear at the stables, she was able to catch a glimpse through the door as she passed. A glimpse was really all it was, a blurred flurry of colours, the heavy bass of lively, but indistinguishable noise. Returning to the inn doors, she felt a swelling in her heart. For one about to wager their life in a field of no experience, hesitancy may be expected at this point. Advised, even. For Miur, however, her thoughts had stopped where the merriment had, as it frequently did. A drink or three was in order, the slaying could wait. As she pressed a hand against the heavy door, a waft of stale liquors and strange, unfamiliar scents she couldn't begin to place, hissed at her delicate nose, creasing it. With a moment of pause, she continued on, into the inn.

It was not too unlike she had imagined it to be, atmospherically. While there was certainly no shortage of sword swinging, beard growing, beer guzzling burly men – she still felt her expectation of 'hunter' had been misguided. Looking around the inn, Miur began to wonder what the criteria for hunter or hunted were. Where were the lines drawn, and who or what, had been drawing them? Although she would consider herself to be open-minded, the question continued to linger on in her brain, passing back and forth...

This was shortly interrupted by the calling of a loud, gravely voice.

Miur's silvered eyes fell upon Beryl, or rather, the strange crowd of folk huddled around Beryl. Hunter, or hunted, indeed. Certainly, Miur didn't look like much of a hunter herself, but that's because she wasn't. Yet. Stepping over to this table, she slipped and softly shouldered her way to the front, briskly flattening a curled scroll on the hardwood front of her. The elf signed her name without so much as a glance towards the writing itself, nor an acknowledgement of those around her. Hunter.

Stan The Bard picked up Miur's signed contract before the ink even had chance to dry. He gave the elf a nod and a welcoming smile and said, "Welcome to the party... Miur." He read her name from the scroll before rolling it up.

M matcha latte

Last edited:

Long Way Back From Hell

Danzig

Guild Hall

interactions

The paladin couldn't help but let out a faint chuckle at the words Percival spoke under the scrutinizing gaze of the Guild Master Beryl. She couldn't blame him, of course, the guild master was an intimidating woman, to say the least. Alienor couldn't help but admire her a bit.

Nevertheless, the dhampir took a look at the contract, reading through the clauses. These were all reasonable demands. She had no objections to them, and so she wrote her name in a neat, compact script. Alienor Wright, the dhampir, the oath sworn paladin, the white raven, the huntress. It appeared her journey has just begun.

"Thank you for this opportunity. I hope to not let the guild down," She said to both Beryl and Stan, placing a hand over her unbeating heart and giving them a small and courteous bow. The sound of her heeled boots followed her as she made her way back to the table she sat at. It seems her time as a huntress has had its official start.

Alienor Wright

“Is it now...” Beryl raised a brow and her top lip curled into a smirk. “Well, be sure to celebrate… it could be your last.” The Guild Master teased, although what she said was highly likely in this profession.

“… yes Ma’am.” Percival bowed and caught up to the person ahead of him in the line.

Beryl didn’t stop him, but she sucked air through her beastly teeth and shook her head in disapproval. Hopefully the kid wouldn’t be a burden for the others.

Stan returned Alienor’s bow with dramatic flare, adding a cheeky wink at the end.

Beryl The Brave (npc)
Stan The Bard (npc)
Percival

Last edited:
Barry the barman smiled slightly as he watched Moriana leave, scooping up the silver coins, which he presumed to be a tip. If only the rest of his boisterous patrons were as generous and polite. Maybe this new recruit could teach them a thing or two.

His thoughts were interrupted by another Hunter flagging him down for a drink, and he grumbled as he went to serve them. “Yeah, yeah, I’m comin’. Water? Pssh! Go stick yer ‘ead in the trough out back with the rest of the animals…”

Barry the barman (npc)

Amebrowne Amebrowne

________

Beryl gave scrutinising glances to all the newcomers as they approached. It seemed there were a few beast-folk among them, which didn’t bother the Half-orc in the slightest. As long as they didn’t eat one another in the night, she didn’t see an issue.

Stan the bard, a fair-haired human with an obnoxiously patterned shirt (unbuttoned to show a bit of man-cleavage), was setting out opened scrolls on the table. He also produced a quill and a pot of blood-red ink. Perhaps it was blood?

“Ain’t no fancy speeches or ceremony-” Beryl said, with a confident smile behind two protruding tusks. “-sign your name on the dotted line. If you can’t write, just a mark’ll do.”

“After that you’ll officially be part of the Guild, and permitted to join your fellow Hunters on quests.” She slowly paced the lineup, getting a closer look at everybody. “You’ll get a bed, free food and drink… the finest healt-”

The Guild Master had stopped next to Percival. The teen tried not to look at her, as she gave him a long hard stare - perhaps deciding if he was old enough. The girl wearing a bow behind him looked pretty young too (Rinzi).

When Beryl didn’t say anything for what felt like an age, Percy caved under the pressure and awkwardly announced, “… it’s my birthday today.”

Beryl The Brave (npc)
Percival

DualDragons DualDragons
Amebrowne Amebrowne
ShredKnives ShredKnives
Tapfic Tapfic
Pokeking Pokeking

((Here is a copy of the contract for any characters who will actually read it. Lol!
Hunter’s Guild Contract

I, the undersigned

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

in Mutual Agreement with my Brothers and Sisters of the Guild, accept the following terms and oaths:
  • I swear to always uphold the fine reputation of the Hunter’s Guild.
  • I swear to aid and defend all my fellow guildsmen.
  • I swear to bring prosperity and wealth for the Guild to grow and swear to handle any property granted to me by the Guild with great care.
  • I swear not to partake in any acts of aggression or ill will against my guildsmen.
  • I agree to share my profits from the field with those who accompany me on a quest.
  • Sharing is to be made in equal portions, no exceptions.
  • I agree to pay a Tithe of 1/10 of my earnings to the Guild & Crown, which will be deducted in advance.
  • Any equipment, paraphernalia or treasures found on the field will remain the property of whomever finds it.
  • Should I perish on the field, I wish to Petition for Resurrection. Y/N

Should I break any oath or clause in this agreement, I accept that I will be punished accordingly or, in extreme circumstances, banished from the Guild and stripped of all titles and earnings.

This I swear in the name of all Gods above and below.
Ivan grabs one of the scrolls and reads it through. He murmurs reading through the contract, saying things along the lines of 'can't promise that' or 'seriously?' Eventually he signs the paper with the quill and red (?) ink. Marking it with a rather messy 'signature' (which was basically just a doodly scribble).
"Okay..." Ivan rolled the scroll up again, probably too early for the ink to dry. Guess he was a hunter now.

Long Way Back From Hell

Danzig

Guild Hall

interactions

The dhampir let a small smile creep upon her lips as Stan returned her gesture with the swagger of a bard. When she returned from her first quest, she'd be sure to stop by for a song. In the meantime, she had to unwind a little bit. If she rummaged around, she might have some coin to spare for a drink.

Alienor dropped back into her seat. She looked around for any hint of a menu or bar while rummaging within her satchel, looking for the familiar feel of cool metal on her skin. The paladin let out a triumphant sound once her fingers grasped a silver coin. Now, to find herself a drink.

"I glass of wine sounds mighty good right now. I am parched," She said to herself, finally having her eyes land upon the bar.

Alienor Wright

Lan Clementine
The Guildhall (bar)

" Alright, listen up Rookies-“
A strong looking woman called from another area of the guild hall “If you’re here to join the guild follow me… and if you’re not - get out!”
Lan's scowl deepened. He didnt want to get up. He had been walking for fuckin' ages to get here and his legs felt like they had been replaced by paper mache replicas while he was distracted by how nice sitting down felt.
Alas, signing up to be a member of the guild was exactly why he came in the first place- and he'd be damned if he missed the opportunity because he felt a bit lazy today.

The woman , who he assumed was Barrel stalked towards a table, where a man had deposited his hoard of scrolls.
With a badly surpressed groan, Lan pushed himself off of the bar stool he had already had a bit of trouble clambering onto in the first place- and shuffled to the gathering of rookies.

“Ain’t no fancy speeches or ceremony, sign your name on the dotted line. If you can’t write, just a mark’ll do.”

He had to wonder what the paper agreement was even for, considering there was no way this contract was actually legally binding. Apparently being an actual adult was a requirement- which was good; considering Lan might pop a blood vessle if he had to go monster hunting in some snot nose kid's coming of age story; but as far as he could tell it was really fuckin easy to just lie about the age part.

Nevertheless, Lan read through the first few lines of the contract, got bored, and signed the paper in the frilly signature he had been practicing since he learned to write.
Now, officially a member of the guild- Lan found his way back to the oh so inviting bar stool he had left his pack propped against. He clambered back up for the second time that day, contemplating wether or not it would be worth it to ask the keep if they served anything that wouldnt get him drunk before he finished the glass.

“Hm… yea… I know, right.” Stan nodded along as Ivan voiced his complaints. “At least the fourth one down prevents anyone punching you in the face for singing about their mother.”

Beryl watched a tired looking Lan meander back to the bar. She whistled though her fingers to get the Barman’s attention and gave him some unspoken order to pour the drinks out for the new recruits - as was tradition.

As soon as Lan sat back down he was presented with a shot of orange Dragon’s Fire. Barry offered the same to Alienor who was currently on her way over.

Barry the Barman (npc)

DualDragons DualDragons Tapfic Tapfic CalamityQueller CalamityQueller

Distracted by his own embarrassment, Percival stepped up to the table and reached for a contract and the quill. He elegantly penned the letters ‘HRH’ before hastily scratching it out.

“Forget your own name?” Stan commented. “Happened to me once. I had one too many Dragons (shots)… woke up in a harem wearing a veil and naughty knickers…” he casually chatted to the teen. “Best two weeks of my life… til the ‘hubby’ found out.”

Percival looked up from his task with a quizzical expression, but thought it best not to ask. He finished correcting his name and blew on the wet ink (?) before handing it over to the Bard.

“Happy birthday Kid!” Stan playfully thumped the youth on the arm before sending him on his way.

Percival

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back