• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Hunter's Inn - A Fantasy Monster Hunting RP [Recruiting]

Genii

💎
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Hunter's Inn Main RP Thread

OOC Thread (Come say Hi!)

Character Sheets

Hi everyone, I was hoping to start an easygoing fantasy RP to get back into the swing of things. :)

The setting would be your typical Lord of the Rings-esque High Fantasy world (with Monster Hunter, Witcher, Skyrim influences), with the usual epic landscapes, fantasy races, monsters, swords & sorcery etc.

The main goal will be to meet new characters (and their players), build relationships and embark on epic and enjoyable quests together.

The Hunter's Inn Tavern
Initially our story would begin at The Hunter's Inn, a worn yet cosy medieval tavern, where all the seasoned (and novice) adventurers gather to swap stories, pick up quests for coin, or just enjoy a drink or two. The Inn will be ran by a colourful cast of NPCs, who will chat to and assist characters who need anything.

This Inn will become our hub, where characters can form a party and set out on quests, which I am more than happy to arrange as the DM (you are more than welcome to PM me ideas anytime too).

These quests could range from simply gathering hard to find items, to battling great beasts or swarms of the undead. The Inn can provide characters with food, drink and a place to stay. It will also benefit from having a resident blacksmith and a healer (for any accident-prone characters I guess).

The characters will set out on mini RP adventures, and if you're busy (in rl) or want to sit a quest out, your character/s can just remain back at the Inn - simply send them back out again when you're ready. Think of the Inn as a save point basically.

Of course - before I flesh this out any further, I just wanted to check if anyone would be up for it? 😅

RP Summary
The Hunter’s Inn

The Hunter's Inn is a lively hub for seasoned (and novice) adventurers alike. A worn yet cosy gathering place to swap stories, pick up quests, or simply to enjoy a drink or two amongst friends.

Its no-nonesence proprietor (a retired Huntress, named Beryl The Brave) is also Master of the cities Hunter’s Guild. She’ll sign up practically anybody, as the monsters are aplenty and the quest board is teeming.

If you need coin, a place to stay, or just thirst for adventure (or ale) then you’re in the right place!

Setting

The Hunter’s Inn is located within the city of Colby - the gateway to the Wild Lands at the edge of the known world.

Overview

As a hunter, you'll form a party (of two or more) and embark on quests which will have you exploring the world in a variety of wild environments (sometimes beautiful, sometimes terrifying).

These quests can range from clearing out bandits and mischievous fey, to battling great beasts and unholy abominations. The level of risk is high, but success will be paid in coin and your heroic deeds celebrated in song.

Whatever your reason for joining, the guild provides all it’s members with free lodgings and food & drink. It also benefits from having its own Smithy and a skilled Healer.

Quest Board

Quests are available to all guild members over the age of 18, and code dictates that you never hunt alone, so parties must consist of two or more hunters. There are no easy quests, but those deemed to be exceptionally challenging are marked with a red dragon skull.

Preparations

Before hopping in, please ensure that you…

• Have your Guild Card (Character Bio) ready: inc. a description, strengths, weaknesses, likes, dislikes, weapons, skills/magic etc.
  • Beastfolk/Monster type characters - please contact me prior to adding your character sheet as I’m trying to limit these. Thank you. 🙏
  • Please don’t bring in any overpowered/indestructible characters. Magic is ok, but try not to overdo it (god-like abilities etc.)
  • Pets and familiars are welcome.
  • Write in third person. Paragraphs are preferred, but a couple of sentences is acceptable.
  • ((Out of character notes/chat/recaps in double brackets)).
  • Respect your fellow players. No God Modding or moving other people’s characters.
  • Two characters maximum. Active players may request adding more later.
  • No villain characters without prior arrangement with the GM please.

Last edited:
Sounds very interesting. Mind if this skeleton boi throws their hat into the ring?

Thank you for letting me know guys. Glad to see some interest. 😁

I’ll iron out some of the details and whatnot and update the thread, although I’m trying not to overcomplicate things too much.

*cracks knuckles* Well, guess it's time to throw my hat in. Keep in mind whatever character I play as, they will 100% try to eat any monster that is killed.

Hi everyone, I was hoping to start an easygoing fantasy RP to get back into the swing of things. :)

The setting would be your typical Lord of the Rings-esque High Fantasy world (with Monster Hunter, Witcher, Skyrim influences), with the usual epic landscapes, fantasy races, monsters, swords & sorcery etc.

The main goal will be to meet new characters (and their players), build relationships and embark on epic and enjoyable quests together.

The Hunter's Inn Tavern
Initially our story would begin at The Hunter's Inn, a worn yet cosy medieval tavern, where all the seasoned (and novice) adventurers gather to swap stories, pick up quests for coin, or just enjoy a drink or two. The Inn will be ran by a colourful cast of NPCs, who will chat to and assist characters who need anything.

This Inn will become our hub, where characters can form a party and set out on quests, which I am more than happy to arrange as the DM (you are more than welcome to PM me ideas anytime too).

These quests could range from simply gathering hard to find items, to battling great beasts or swarms of the undead. The Inn can provide characters with food, drink and a place to stay. It will also benefit from having a resident blacksmith and a healer (for any accident-prone characters I guess).

The characters will set out on mini RP adventures, and if you're busy (in rl) or want to sit a quest out, your character/s can just remain back at the Inn - simply send them back out again when you're ready. Think of the Inn as a save point basically.

Of course - before I flesh this out any further, I just wanted to check if anyone would be up for it? 😅

I'd love to co-gm this idea with you if it got traction Genii Genii -- I love writing combat scenes and was thinking about a project like this just when I found your thread. If you don't need a Co-GM I'd happily help you with ideas, etc. if you wanted... but I don't mind playing second fiddle to you if you have your own vision.

I could make a map or bounty Board for the game though!

Also tentatively interested and also someone needing to get back into the swing of things. Looking forward to the update! No pressure, less is more!

I'd love to co-gm this idea with you if it got traction Genii Genii -- I love writing combat scenes and was thinking about a project like this just when I found your thread. If you don't need a Co-GM I'd happily help you with ideas, etc. if you wanted... but I don't mind playing second fiddle to you if you have your own vision.

I could make a map or bounty Board for the game though!

Hey Beckoncall, yes of course. If you’d be up for playing some of the monsters/enemies (even just occasionally) that would be helpful.

Happy to have someone to discuss and brainstorm quests and a little world building too (nothing heavy. Going for the fun factor mainly). 😉👍

Shall I send you a DM?

also, tentatively interested. This seems like it will play out just like I prefer. Small episodic quests so you don't have a long term commitment to the RP and can drop in and out as is more convenient for ya.

Would there be a chance that I could bring a half-ogre barbarian to the table on this?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back