• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
wAfter Dormus' got out of his skirmish, several orcs lay dead, and Dorm stood heaving. "That was much too hard. I better avoid doing that in the future." He heeded Shiki's warning and decided that instead of heading to the house first, he'd head to the eating area and drum up some traps there. He could still head elsewhere if someone was in trouble. He made his way through the camp and came upon an Orc heading off to eat for his break. He slid up behind them and ran them through with the sword he nicked. They dropped to the ground and moved into the kitchen.

Once inside, he noticed that, quite luckily, the eatery was empty. He moved to the prep area to see what he could use. He found the barrels full of grog, which he made a note of, highly flammable. He'd come back to that. The jagged knives and other rudimentary tools in the room could be used for rigging bear traps, the food could be used for bait, and the cooking supplies could supply fire. He used the ropes he bought to rig up some traps triggered by pressure and set them up around the eating area and snagged some of the fire making materials just in case. He slinked off to the edge of the woods to lick his wounds and see if any silly orcs stumbled into his hastily camouflaged traps.

Vera gave Titus a big smile and thumbs up. ”Not bad!” She made her way over to where the passageway was. She opened it to reveal a ladder that went down into the tunnel. She took a deep breath before entering hoping Titus would follow.

It wasn't very deep so it didn't take them long to climb down. The tunnel was already lit with several torches on the walls. Someone or something was already down here...and recently too. Best case it was survivors. Worst case...

”There are five small tunnels like this want that connect to the heart of the town. We just have to follow this tunnel and it will lead us there. That's where will enter to get inside my... the chiefs home.” She said to Titus. ”Stay close just in case we need my invisibility again.” She gives him a confident smile before leading them into the tunnel.

NeonFlow NeonFlow Kirby3178 Kirby3178

1566588450522.jpeg
Titus Armos
Upon opening the passageway, there was a ladder that led into a tunnel which was well lit. Following this tunnel would lead us to the heart of the town according to Vera. "Stay close just in case we need invisibility" Vera said, "Alright" Titus replied and the two continued down the tunnel. As they walked along, Titus was on alert, if something were to jump out at us, Titus would be the best one to fight it, being a melee fight and all.
"You said you know the place very well; did you live here before you joined the guild?" Titus asked​
[Location: Tunnels under Grimdar] [Mentions: MidnightStar MidnightStar ]

The tunnels Vera and Titus walk are somewhat narrow, space for the two to walk side by side if they pushed into each other. It was the only lit tunnel out of many directions... The direction to her home had torches lit every fifteen feet so one would have a decent idea of whose coming toward or out. It was when they were about halfway through this tunnel.

They were ambushed, three orcs hiding in the dark tunnels without sources of light quietly followed the two apprentices into the tunnel. By the time they reached the two humans, Vera would notice this tunnel has been changed. What once led to her home was now dug out going deeper, built more like a mine then a escape tunnel. As the apprentices reach the more open area below ground the three orcs following them stayed in the narrow tunnel with spears and small round shields.
The new area however was lit up in key places. The two humans could see they were outnumbered. Six orcs brandishing daggers can barely hold themselves back from rushing the pink skins, but they wait for their leader to speak.
"I told you lot I'd be right boys.. no need to search for runaways. We have their family and their home. We lay a obvious trap above and wait for the rats to scurry underground into our clutches."
The orc who boomed smugly stood under six feet, wore decent armour protecting most of his vital areas. Though he had a massive full sack slung over one shoulder, and a knapsack full of scrolls. His weapon seemed to be a finely made steel short-sword. Most likely stolen.
"you humans think we orcs are all brain dead monsters, that's only most of the fools. For you stand agaisnt Ashkur the scholar. I study EVERYthing. That's what makes me the most prepared, most versatile... And most deadly of all the orcs on Aerth, I worked my way to leader but I won't stop there. I'll rule over Orc kind and place karma under my spawns control... heh heh heh...
Rush them boys"

Vera and Titus had three options in said moment.
Attempt to fight the six orcs with daggers rushing to gut them and slit throats.
Attempt to hide further in the mine and maybe take out orcs by stealth until a opportunity arises to escape.
Or, retreat the way they came, fight three orcs blocking the path seems easier to deal with then seven right?
MidnightStar MidnightStar Kirby3178 Kirby3178
------------------
Above ground across all of Grimdar only two orcs with authority now try to get work done. As two are in the woods chasing a human, one is underground waiting for escapees to sneak back. One large orc with bloody handprints up his torso and back could be seen shouting angrily while lifting a orc slave into the air by his throat. Threats of working harder or he will
"strangle the life from you like a baby pink skin!"
Needless to say the orcs around this slab of muscle did as was suggested. Building this bloody fort. So what if a man is running about. Single man can't kill a army.

That isn't to say some orcs would not be lazing about. A scouting party of ten had returned from searching and hunting in the Forrest to drink and feast. The mess area seemed empty but they didn't care. More food and drink for them.
It was when one sat at a table his foot got caught in a makeshift trap. Knives digging into his ankle.
As another laughed at his misfortune he leant back into a shelf which knocked off another trap set by Dorm, this one left a knife being released from a rope swing straight into the laughing orcs exposed throat and dropping a barrel on another, landing in a heap with a broken neck as the barrel smashed with grog spilling all across the floor and splashing the orcs.

As the others ate stew they realised someone had set traps about. Ropes and sharp shit. That's when all four of the scouts to eat stew started vomiting and finding themselves unable to stand.
TheGuide TheGuide MindWackMagoo MindWackMagoo Goonfire Goonfire Juju Juju seasonedcat seasonedcat

Last edited:
Magoo spat in anger as the orcs ignored his illusion. He would have to try something else. He was deep in thought as he noticed Dorm sneak out of the kitchen area just before a group of 10 or so orcs rounded the corner. Magoo could not see all of them well from his hiding spot, but he could hear the obvious sounds of traps spriging, crashing barrels, the splash of grog, and the unmistakable sounds of vomiting orcs.

"Ha! That provides a nice opportunity. Wait here, Phorcis and be ready with a spark or small flame. I will back in a moment."

Magoo waved his hands and became invisible once more. He then carefully crafted an illusion of orc smell to cover his scent. It took a large chunk of his mana reserves, but it would be worth it if his gambit proved successful.

Magoo carefully sprinted to the eating area and located a barrel of grog that had not been completely spilled on the floor and orcs, who now were either dead, vomiting on the ground and convulsing, or laughing at the others' misfortune. One or two seemed to be examining the traps Dormus had left and seemed alert for intruders. Fortunately, Magoo only needed to soak several torn bits of his robes in the stuff from outside the kitchen, which he did quickly. He turned back to the chief's house where the group of orcs still tortured the screaming beastkin and walked slowly, wringing the grog from the cloths as he moved. He had just enough to lay down a thin line of the flammable grog from the kitchen area to just behind the group of orcs. He lay the rest of his rags in a pile behind the orcs, keeping the last fully soaked bit and carefully returned to Phor and leaving another line of grog leading from the middle of the first trail.
He tossed the last rag at the base of the trail. He was certain that the grog would now burn like a line of black powder, blowing up the orcs in the kitchen and would reach the pile of soaked rags near the other orcs, which would ignite violently and hopefully startle them enough to thin out their numbers.
Magoo dropped his illusions to conserve his dwindling mana and grinned at Phor.

"Light this trail of grog aflame, Phor, and watch the show!" Magoo crossed his fingers in a superstitious plea to the heavens that one of his plans actually worked out today.

(A combined post with seasonedcat seasonedcat )

"Make sure no one what's?!" Silvrian exclaimed in annoyance as she tried to stop home with no success. She looked at his back with an unamused look as he continued to run.

She watched the small elf crouch and begin to move towards the orcs nearby them. Letting out an annoyed sigh deciding she may as well follow the elf so that she didn't screw things up for everyone else, or get herself killed. She didn't look capable of defending herself, even if she did have her dumb magic. She crouched beside the elf and listened to her plans.

Silvrian's eye twitched with the word partner before letting her anger slide, now wasn't the time. It wasn't a bad plan, but it could go badly at certain points. They could get stuck in the smoke, or the orcs could be too close to hostage. "What if I take out the orcs close to hostage when they can't see, you can untie them while I do that? How about that Knife-ears?"

"Hey, that's exactly what I was thinking. See, I knew we'd make a great team!" Said Ayred excitedly, "Our eyes won't be affected by the fog, so when they are disoriented we can sneak in. Alright, so you go in and take out those four orcs torturing the fox. That will distract them long enough for me to untie him and the other guy. I'll try to help with the last orcs, but my focus will be healing the injured."

She rustled into her bag as she continued. "The fog will be self-sustaining and last for about five minutes so we'll be fine! To move it I will need to concentrate though."

Silvrian let out a grunt, agreeing with her.

The elf withdrew her hand from the bag, a small pile of various wild-berries cupped in her palm. She popped a few in her mouth then offered some to Silvrian. "Hey, want some? Oh, and tell me your favourite kind!"

"Why?" Sivrian grunted

"Hehe, no reason~!" Ayred giggled with a wink.

Letting out a sigh Silvrian glanced at the berries, she recognized them all as berries you'd find in the woods. She sniffed the berries, trying to make sure the elf didn't do anything weird to it. She didn't smell anything off so hesitantly she picked a few and plopped them into her mouth, filling her mouth with bursts of familiar tastes. She pointed at the large pink ones, "Out of these, probably the ůrathâ," she froze realizing she spoke in her tribes tongue, "I mean the large pink ones.."

"Yooratha? Hey, we elves call it Eliné. Good choice!" Ayred said, picking up one of the pink berries while putting the rest into her mouth. She held the pink berry up towards the sun and whispered something under her breath. A faint glow could be seen in the now enchanted berry before she lightly tossed it into the grass behind the orcs. A cloud of rose-coloured fog began to billow from the berry, expanding and condensing quickly. It crept around the orcs, enveloping them in a foggy pink.

"Okay, let's go!" The elf whispered, motioning for Silvrian to follow.

Silvrian nodded at her even though she couldn't see her do it with her back to the werebear. She followed behind the girl, the two of them splitting up when it was her turn to take on the orcs. Using her spear she quickly killed the nearest orc with a quick stab to the head, before turning as she heard the other orcs react to the thud of the body dropping. She turned to face the blinded enemies as they rushed to face their unknown opponent.

Once Silvrian had engaged with the orcs, Ayred crept behind them to where the fox was tied to the post. She placed a hand over his mouth so he wouldn't scream and whispered, "I'm here to rescue you!" and cut him loose with an arrow from her quiver.

After he was untied she dragged him to a safer distance and placed a hand on his shoulder, channelling her mana into him. Any major wounds would be healed in a few moments. She motioned for him to follow as she repeated the same actions with the other man, though it would take a little longer to seal his wounds.

"Stay close and behind me, please!" Ayred whispered before turning to face the remaining orcs, lightning crackling between her fingertips

She took aim at the closest orcs and unleashed the electricity, which would seek out any orc wearing or carrying meta in a chain-attack. This, of course, was with the knowledge that Silvrian's spear was crafted of bone and would not attract the lightning.

(Number of orcs killed and/or stunned is up to NeonFlow NeonFlow )

As the two walked down the tunnel Vera tried to keep her attention on getting to the house as quickly as possible. She wanted to just sprint away, but she knew that would be stupid. She had a bad feeling, but she wasn't turning back. She would die in the tunnels before she did that.

When Titus asked about her personal life she slightly blushed. It wasn't every day that someone talked to her. ”Actually, my dad is the chief of this village. I'm his oldest daughter and his biggest letdown. The boy that came was my younger brother. He is my pride and joy, so I need to find my parents or his heart will be shattered. The people out there are my family as well so I need to find my parents quickly then go help the other townspeople.” She glanced over her shoulder and gave him a smile. ”It means a lot to me that you came, so thank you!”

As she said this the two were ambushed and surrounded. She knew this was a possibility but this was more orcs than she thought. When the leader started talking it explained everything. He wasn't like the rest of the other orcs and with him there the apprentices we're at a disadvantage.

”I never knew that orcs could be so strategic... I am impressed.” she said. It was a genuincompliment but now she needed to ououtsmart him.

With quick reflexes, Vera grabbed Titus arm and the two turned invisible. She dashed down another tunnel knowing it wouldn't lead anywhere, but it would give them time to strategize. She was fast even with Titus. The ran and hid behind a corner she crouched down leaning close to him.

”We could retreat, but I think we can take the orcs. We just have to be quick and smart. We have to do it before they get help. I'm going to trust you to take the lead. Our main goal is to stop the orcs and find out what info the leader has. Fighting wise I will let you lead and I will use my invisibility to protect you.” She gives him a smile. ”I am counting on you.”

Kirby3178 Kirby3178 NeonFlow NeonFlow

Ashkur made a curious growl as the two humans turned invisible. The six orcs got visibly distraught and angry as their prey literally disappeared.
“don’t be stupid boys, one of them has a rare mana... they haven’t escaped, split into pairs and use your bloody ears and nose... watch out for sneaky tricks”
Ashkur brought his massive sack to his feet reaching his hand in to retrieve a large clutch of eggs. Silverback spider eggs to be precise.
Ashkur threw a clutch of eggs near the entrance and a second clutch of eggs at the foot of the newly dug out tunnels. The silverback spiders began to hatch as six orcs using the buddy system began to search.
"Ashkur! Can we smoke them out?"
"we are underground you shruck.. can you breathe smoke?"
The orc looked down ashamed as his buddy smacked him across the head.
"it's why the boss threw the spiders... he can tell anything what to do"
——— MidnightStar MidnightStar Kirby3178 Kirby3178

The fox man and the human were surprised and grateful at being saved, by a elf no less. Being led away from the confusion and being healed they thanked the elf before sneaking away into the woods. The foxman mentioned to Ayred...
“these monsters have more of us. They hurt us in the open so our kin in the woods can witness our pain. They surely want to help, but are to scared”
The human and fox made a dash towards the woods. Hopefully finding survivors of the raid.

Two orcs rushed around the corner of the house after hearing screams of pain and what seemed like sky fire.
The two raised their swords as their allies fell to lightning or spear.
“they killed Boz!!”
“He was my blood brother! Now I’ll make a new one in you!”

The two orcs rush at the woman holding a spear, their blades wildly waving above their head as if charging up a swing, they ran in a frenzy.
——- seasonedcat seasonedcat Juju Juju

As Magoo Phor and Dorm sneak about, a trail of grog only needed a spark to make a new karma holiday happen.
Maybe it can be called ‘sabotage day’ the tradition is to inconvenience as many orcs as possible before setting them on fire or blowing them the hell up.
—— Goonfire Goonfire TheGuide TheGuide MindWackMagoo MindWackMagoo

Last edited:
1566777056423.jpeg
Titus Armos
Vera told Titus a little about her past, she was the chief of Grimdar's daughter, but she quickly reminded him that there are people who need our help. The two pressed on, but were ambushed, Titus' first instinct was to draw his sword, but they were outnumbered. Six orcs armed with daggers surrounded them, Titus put his hand on his hilt but Vera grabbed his arm and they rushed inside a tunnel.
"Taking out those monster's is up to me eh?" Titus said after Vera had left most of the fighting to him, he knew that taking six enemies out at once would be a challenge.
Askur told the orcs to pair up into twos and find them, that made it easier to taken them out, or so he thought. Titus heard the sound of something hitting the ground and then a wet, slimy sound. He looked around the corner and saw that he had thrown eggs that had spiders in them.
"That over complicates things" he said

An idea came to Titus, he could easily take out the orcs now that they were in twos, but he would need to have those spiders off his back.
"Vera do you have room to fire arrows?" he asked.​
MidnightStar MidnightStar

Phorcis made sure to wait out-of-sight for the others to make their moves. The trail of grog incited a mischievous grin from the half-elf. “You’re letting me do the honors? How kind,” he chuckled before lighting a match and throwing it at the soaked piece of cloth to kick off this little immolation celebration.

Flames spread rapidly down the trail, quickly igniting the wooden structures. “Gods... I’m amazed orcs don’t breathe fire, as potent as this ‘grog’ stuff is,” Phor remarked as he receded into the shadows once more, to ensure no other orcs head into the chief’s house. Vera and Titus had enough on their plates without reinforcements showing up.

MindWackMagoo MindWackMagoo NeonFlow NeonFlow MidnightStar MidnightStar Kirby3178 Kirby3178

Vera smiled at Titus. ”I can fire my arrows from anywhere. I'm the best fighter in Grimdar after all.” she said with a wink. She peaked around the corner and seeing the disgusting spiders in the distance. They were far but not too far for her to handle. ”I have your back...trust me.”

The girl then turned invisible and was out of Titus sight. She sprinted to the opposite wall and hid behind it. She watched as the orcs came towards them. She could fire her arrows at the spider now but that would alert the orcs. She needed to be patient and let Titus make the first move. Once he did that she could quickly jump into action and protect Titus where needed.

Kirby3178 Kirby3178 NeonFlow NeonFlow

1566862030917.jpeg
Titus Armos
Vera said that she could 'fire arrows from anywhere', Titus chucked a little at the girl's self-confidence. Then Vera turned invisible and ran to another wall, most likely waiting on him to attack first. Titus drew his blade as quietly as possible and retrieved two throwing knives from a pouch on his belt and put them in his knuckles, after taking a few deep breaths and waiting for the first two to come closer, Titus bursted out from around the corner.

The orcs had barely anytime to react, Titus slashed cleanly through one before stabbing the other in the gut with the knives. Spiders were in his way and that's when Titus used magic of his own,
"Create Magic Shield!" he called out, and a blue light appeared around his left arm and then a form of a shield was resting on his arm. He charged at the spiders and didn't swing at them, but bashed them aside and continued charging at the other four orcs which were running in his direction now. One orcs lunged at him with a dagger, Titus blocked it and used its weight to throw it to the ground and stab it in the head, he quickly threw a knife into the eye of the other charging orc and pulling his blade from the orcs' carcass, swiftly cut it down. The spiders were gaining on Titus was about to instinctively turn and fight them, but he remembered Vera had them under control, this was the first time Titus had a companion that he could rely on. He turned and continued to run at the last two orcs.​

As Titus easily killed the first three orcs like nothing and simply brushed the spiders aside, the remaining three orcs in a brutal rage kicked Titus to the stone floor to cut and stab into the swordsman.

(as Kirby3178 Kirby3178 controlled a group, I'll remind all y'all again I'm ok with someone killing off one or two orcs. But I'm sure I've mentioned more than once don't control groups of enemies, write attempts. As I control the baddies actions and reactions.)

The third orc Titus killed, the man accidentally got his sword stuck in the floor, As Titus went to throw a knife at another orc, the swift monster dodged it, kicking titus in the face before landing two daggers into the man's back. shllit shllit.
The blades forced their way past leather and broke skin. The man could probably feel the warmth of his own blood begin to stain his clothes.

The other two orcs surrounded Titus kicking cruelly and slicing over the man's armour and face, Titus would surely be dead if he hadn't the proper protection, his magic shield able to absorb most of the oncoming damage but the leather of his armour seemed pretty messed up now. He would need to be extra careful he isnt caught off guard again.

Vera would certainly be able to help her fellow apprentice, as the spiders began making webs over the entrances of the tunnels...
not looking to bite anyone yet.

-----------
Magoo and Phor would of heard the sweet sound of fire and explosions as orcs died and a kitchen/mess hall (they eat in the open like savages. I say hall but it's just a space for storage cooking and eating)
This area though was destroyed. The barrels ignited sending burning bits of debris in a decent radius.
Orc patrols began forming to replace the previous three patrols that went into the woods.
The noisy area would surely be where they look.

((To everyone, because Goonfire Goonfire brought it up.
Some orcs CAN breathe fire, orcs have the next best potential for mana and magic apart from elves. While they can have powerful types of magic they are often performed in a simple manner. Think of how anyone can swing a sword, but it takes practice to become a master....
Not many orcs practice if they can already "swing a sword"))

Last edited:
11644c7025522b1c1d1063d1572d2fbf.jpg
As gifted of a mage as she was, she was starting to feel a little drained from the sudden mana usage. When the orcs fell in front of her, twitching and lifeless, she allowed herself to take a small breather. Still, a smile lit up her face as the two survivors thanked her.

"So there's more survivors? Good!" Ayred said to the beastkin, "Be careful out there, okay?"

She waved them off, making a mental note of what he had said. If there were a group of survivors they may be a source of help should she and Silvrian need it in the future, but for now she had to focus on the orc camp.

Ayred walked up to Silvrian and raised her hand up in the offering of a high-five. "Alright! Great work, partner! We took out those orcs no prob! So that's what, seven down? Only 93 to go!" She gave a happy laugh, even if Silvrian didn't give her a high-five back.

Soon she was interrupted when two orcs shouted about their dead comrades and charged at the werebear in a vengeful frenzy.

"Look out, Silvrian!" She called, readying her magic.

(I'll allow Silvrian to shine on this one ;3)
NeonFlow NeonFlow seasonedcat seasonedcat

Silvrian let out a huff of air as the least orc before them fell. She had to admit, the elf's plan did go over smoothly, leading to no mistakes on both their parts. She lowered her spear, flicking the blood off it with a flick of her wrist as she ran her other hand through her platinum locks. Her elf 'partner' approched her after this and held up her hand, giving off some cheerful line. She gave the elf's raised hand a currious look before shaking it off as some werid elf thing.

"93? Since when did I agree to work with you?" she muttered shaking her head lightly. Even if the elf's plan worked this time she did not want to waste her time wiht an over joyful elf who was also a mage. She went to tell the elf off when suddlenly the elf let out a warning. She quickly swung around with her spear ready facing the two inraged orcs running at them.

Letting out an annoyed growl she rushed towards the orcs before her. They were angry making them even more irrational then they normally are and also were just two small fries. One went to swing at her but she easily dodged their careless swing sending the orc stumbling. In it's vulrable state she quickly took her spear and inpaled it into it's neck.

WIth the sight of another dead brother the remaing orc let out a cry and began to furiously swing at her. She blocked the hit with her spear, not having much deficulty holding back the blade, her own strength equivilent if not suppior to the orcs.It's face morphed into a cunfused one as it saw what it assumed a human being able to hold back it's strength. She pushed against his blade one last time, both of them returning to their pervious stance.

Letting out an annoyed 'tch' at this creature taking up more of her time. She swung at it's left side, it reading to block it before mid swing she turned the hitting point of her spear the other way, sending the blunt of her spear towards the orc's hand. The supprise hit send the blade out of the orc's hand, leading to the orc's confused cry. Silvrian then took the blade of her spear and slamed it into the air born blade sending it spiriling into the orc's skull.

The body of the orc fell with a thump as she let out an annoyed huff, "91 now I guess."
Juju Juju

Magoo grinned as Phor set the grog aflame and the fire sped away along the trail. It took about 10 seconds to travel the length of the trail to the mess hall, and would have lit the pile of rags near the Chief's house in half that time had Ayred and Sylvrian not appeared from nowhere and broken the line of grog as they rushed toward the house. Magoo barely registered the massive BOOOOOM as the mess hall was obliterated by the igniting barrels. He was too busy staring at the group of orcs near the house as they stumbled about. They seemed to be unable to see, but Magoo could not tell why. Ayred seemed to saunter right past them and began to untie the beastkin as Sylvrian killed two clueless orcs with ease. Ah. The elf had cast some sort of obfuscation spell that was hindering the orcs vision. Good to know she had selective magics

Magoo shot a sideways glance at Phor and got ready to charge in when suddenly large chunks of flaming orc and wood began to rain down around them. A smoldering orc torso hit him in the back where he was half-crouched, knocking him to the ground and stealing the breath from his chest. The explosion had sent bits of orcs, barrels, tables, and other debris from the mess hall flying in a wide radius.

Magoo shoved the burnt carcass off of himself with a struggle and stood, glancing around alertly in case any of the orcs Sylvrian was facing had noticed and broken off to an easier target. Luckily no orcs had noticed him yet.
Magoo crept from his hiding place toward where Ayred was leading the beastkin and man. He just managed to hear one of them speak of other survivors before they ran off into the forest. He hoped they would be safe there, though he was doubtful. Orcs were the least of their troubles in those woods.

Ayred seemed to have the hostages under control, so he turned back to where Sylvrian was finshing off the last two orcs. He blinked a few times and realized there were no more baddies to face here. He shrugged and walked to untie the dead body from the post. Nobody deserved that kind of disrespect. He searched the body for anything useful such as clues to their identity or important items they may have hidden in their crevices or torn clothes.

OOC: NeonFlow NeonFlow You can decide if he finds anything, usefull or otherwise.

He then strode to the now unguarded front door of the chief's house, made sure he was still invisible, pulled his small whittling knife from his robes, stepped to the side of the door, and knocked violently, hios knife ready to jam into the eye of whatever answered.

The next leg of Phorcis’ personal mission was to sabotage the orcs’ weapon caches. If he could cripple their ranged capabilities by stealing or destroying their arrow reserves, he would allow his fellow hunters more opportunities to keep the orcs at a distance and at a major disadvantage.

Of course, there were also teammates passing through the center of the village, which caused Phor to stop and draw his bow so he could intercept and kill that odd orc who might notice them—which was, quite fortunately, only one ill-fated bastard so far, executed with one clean shot to the head. In his opinion, all the apprentice hunters—himself included—were very lucky these were abysmally stupid orcs and not smarter foes such as the various aberrations in the world. He did give them credit for moving under cover of the fog, though. Grabbing his fresh kill by the ankles, Phor lurched away to hide it in the shadows.

“Oh, dear gods...” The half-elf’s jaw dropped as he tracked his partner thus-far by sound. Picking off the house’s visitors as they came and went was one thing, but knocking on the front door was unimaginable. “This wasn’t part of the plan,” he whispered to himself in frustration, hoping Vera and Titus would reappear and execute their plans before the patrols grew too close. In case things went completely awry, though, Phorcis tried to flag down Dormus with a faint puff of wind and a wave of his hand.

MindWackMagoo MindWackMagoo MidnightStar MidnightStar Kirby3178 Kirby3178 Juju Juju seasonedcat seasonedcat TheGuide TheGuide

As the three orcs compile around Titus with slashes and kicks Vera hurriedly but expertly readies a arrow and aims at the Orc reeling back a kick. Releasing it with a powerful draw the arrow flies directly into the back of the orcs skull, the arrow head penetrating out the front a tiny bit as the Orc fell like a sack of potatoes.
As quick as the first shot Vera had a second arrow notched and drawn back, this arrow going through a orc eye and dropping the monster to the ground thrashing a tad while sputtering before falling quiet and still.

The orc on top of Titus pulled the daggers from his back to run at Vera! But as she was invisible he didn't notice the arrow fly right infront below him, the arrow traveling through the bottom of the orcs head reaching the brain and the Orc fell with its eyes open in surprise...

Vera noticed the webs beginning to form over the tunnel and figured they would be safe for a moment. She raised a finger to her lips and motioned for Titus not to make a noise. She then reached into a pouch of hers producing a small jar. She helped Titus take off his armour to rub some medicinal ointment on the swordsman wounds. They were not to deep but would require healing magic or equivalent. The ointment would help stop the bleeding somewhat for now. With some spare clean cloth Vera is able to wrap the wounds in one loop before Titus put his armour back on....
The two were stuck underground with spiders and a orc leader. He would soon start looking for them right?
(I spoke with midnight and it's ok for me to move along her character)
----------------------

Magoo found nothing of note on the dead body. But knocking on the door he heard surprised gasps, as well as whimpers and devastated hopeless cries from inside the house. If one was to open the door they would find it unlocked.
If one was to walk inside they would find the house full of destroyed furniture, women of human and beastkin race at least thirty spread about the bottom floor with their feet and hands tied behind them. Their stomachs appear unnaturally large, their faces in agony and the state of them seemed like something was eating away at their life force. Little by little bite by bite.

If one was to walk in any woman capable of speaking would cry to be killed, end the suffering.
MindWackMagoo MindWackMagoo Juju Juju seasonedcat seasonedcat Goonfire Goonfire
——
Two orc patrols led by wolf riders and consisting of mostly of orcs with swords and a few crossbows spread amongst had found the exploded mess hall
“all this grog! Wasted!!” “It was that man I bet ya!” “Nope, when deadeye has you in his sight deadeye won’t miss. That man is full of holes by now i say”
“...so... more than one pink skin?”
“Oh I hope... SPREAD OUT! Search from the treeline past the birthing hut!”

A cheer was let out as the two wolves ran towards the Forrest and the rest followed.

A frightening laughter boomed throughout grimdar however. “dahahaha! Daz the breeder shall raise kings!!”
This orc was more like a troll, almost twelve feet tall 9018B166-8378-428D-8956-3A69F1B7A870.jpeg
(The size to a average man, Daz the breeder also looks like that so yay convenience)

Daz boomed laughs coming from out the woods literally carrying a gorgon under his arm. It was gorgon season as some might know, Daz certainly did...
“this just one beast of many, Daz liked this one so much he take with him! Haha”
He bragged to the slaves building while giving the gorgon a squeeze, it squeals a thick poison cloud that Daz huffed with a smile.
He then went to find somewhere to spend some time getting to know his new pet.
From where Dorm hid in the Forrest he could hear the monster boom and spy it was immune to the poison from the gorgon. As anyone not who is caught in a cloud of green like that is usually dead or on the floor trying to survive.
TheGuide TheGuide

Last edited:
Magoo heard the wimpering of what sounded like women in agony. He knew there were not female orcs, or at least he had never heard of one. He HAD heard tales of their breeding practices and a grim horror swept over him as he realized why the orcs had not torn down this building like the others. He stepped back and threw open the door. What greeted his senses made him stagger back and double over wretching. Had he eaten today he would have vomitted profusely.

Inside, spread across the floor were at least 20 women and female beastkin, their bellies swollen and moving. The floors and walls were covered in bodily waste and blood, and the smell threatened to overwhelm Magoo's ability to stand.

There were no orcs to be seen so Magoo plugged his nose with bits of his robe and walked in to examine the women closer.

They were all pale and drained, some had already died from the strain of their abominable condition and their bellies seemed to be close to bursting. Magoo knew from his studies in the world that the orc spawn would burst forth within the hour. He glanced back through the fog and called to the others by sending an illusion of sound to their ears. No sense in alerting the patrols he could hear yelling in the distance.

"We need to act fast. These women are too far gone to help, even if there was a cure for their malady. Vera and Titus should have been here already so we must secure this house quickly and find the tunnel within."

Juju Juju seasonedcat seasonedcat Goonfire Goonfire NeonFlow NeonFlow MidnightStar MidnightStar Kirby3178 Kirby3178

Ayred had prepared to help, but she soon realized that her grizzled companion hardly needed any aid. She watched as Silvrian took down the two orcs with savage precision, allowing her magic to fade away. The pink cloud began to slowly dissipate, large swaths of it being displaced by Silvrian’s quick movements and the fall of the orcish bodies. (The fog is still up, but is smaller and thinning out)

“Alright! Go Silvrian!” Ayred cheered.

Once again she held her hand out for a high-five. Though if Silvrian left her hanging she would just complete the high-five with her other hand. She looked so happy -- as usual -- but her expression froze when she heard Magoo’s voice in her mind. The remaining fog evaporated.

“Wait!” Ayred said, her face strained. Not waiting for Silvrian, she ran into the house. Seeing the destroyed furniture and the top floor empty, she went down the stairs.

She almost stumbled into Magoo on her way down, but she didn’t utter a bubbly apology like she usually did. The elf didn’t say anything, she just stared at the tied up women with eyes distant and as hazy as the fog she had summoned. Her face was pale.

“We can’t just leave them here like this...” Ayred muttered to Magoo. The elf knew perfectly well that there were no cures for such a parasite, save death, which was the cause of her hesitation.

seasonedcat seasonedcat MindWackMagoo MindWackMagoo

Phor thought it suspicious when the door went unanswered. He paused for a moment, realizing what this could mean and fearing the worst... and then that brief illusory message removed all doubt—confirmed the worst.

"Gods have mercy... we're far too late," he muttered, his bow clattering to the floor as he weakly leaned against the wall. This was the one thing he didn't want to do, that one thing he feared would happen. As much as he wanted to work with his brothers to develop a cure for fetal orc parasitism, he knew such advances in magic or medicine would never arrive in-time to save these women. For that reason, the decision he and his allies had to make would haunt him for years to come. "You don't have to watch or do this with me; nobody will think less of you," Phorcis solemnly informed the two present before he slowly drew his blade. His eyes squinched shut at the sound of the steel sliding free from its scabbard.

MindWackMagoo MindWackMagoo Juju Juju NeonFlow NeonFlow

Last edited:
1567694814099.jpeg
Titus Armos
Titus caught his breath after Vera help tend to his wounds.
"Thank you Vera, I imagined that going very different in my head" Titus said. He looked around and saw the spiders weaving webs in the exits, the leader of the orcs was no where to be seen. Titus picked up his sword his sword and sheathed it after wiping the blade,
"What do you think we should do about those spiders?" he asked​
[Location: Underneath Grimdar] [Mentions: MidnightStar MidnightStar ]

The orcs riding wolves found the tracks of the apprentices... grass trodden on, droplets of some potion, slight imprints in the dirt, it occurred that more then one intruder had to be about. That number could be anyone’s estimation... the orc patrols split. A wolf rider and four archers rushed into the woods while the other rider led his orc patrol towards the “birthing hut”

The women already dead, three out of twenty seven.
Their stomachs began to split and bleed. Those alive who noticed cried further in despair as infant orcs began to eat towards freedom, one literally burst its tiny clawed arm out before sliding its head out to view the world. A tiny “Erghhharghhh!!”
As the monster took its first breath of oxygen. To those outside the house it was apparent more orcs were approaching.
To those inside the house it was obvious more orcs were already here. Actions needed to be taken.
——
Juju Juju seasonedcat seasonedcat Goonfire Goonfire MindWackMagoo MindWackMagoo TheGuide TheGuide

Underneath grimdar was a different problem... Vera and Titus are stuck in a tunnel that two spiders have covered in web. To exit would reveal their hiding spot, even if invisible. Ashkur the scholar is a cunning orc, while his forces searched and died he had thrown and placed his arachnid eggs all across the newly dug areas. The tunnels by this time are covered in spiders... no one is getting in or out of anywhere without him getting a clue as each opening or potential exit has a thick layer of webs... and Ashkur is to smart to waste the element of surprise by shouting insults about cowards hiding, he understood all sentient beings fight to survive. He has seen the desperation in many a creatures face.
————

Last edited:
Ayred flinched at the sound of the knife being drawn from its sheath. Many of the women did too, some beginning to cry, some praying to their gods, while others just stood dully at their fate. The elf glanced at them, all tied up and covered in bloody filth. Three were already dead, but the others would join them soon. Either by the parasites fighting within them or the blade of Phor.

"Isn't there a better way? A more humane way? Poison? We...we could look for some herbs. I know a few..." The elf stuttered, her eyes bright and sharp. She was keenly aware of every sob and pained moan from the women beside her. Every sound sent a shiver up her spine, a pang in her heart. This was a lot to deal with on her first day of being a hunter.

Just as she was beginning to propose another way, a rush of discontent flooded among the tied up women. Something was happening, and Ayred turned her eyes towards the dead women in time to see something split through the skin. The stench was ungodly, making Ayred's eyes water and her nose scrunch up. Still, she could see the tiny face of a newborn orc press into the air.

Narrowing her eyes, Ayred's hand flashed with pale blue light moments before a shard of ice flew across the basement, piercing straight through the small orc's forming skull.

It became harrowing obvious that they were low on time, too low for luxuries. Actions needed to be taken. She turned to look at Magoo and Phor. "We need to do something...and quick!" She said, her eyes sad and pleading. Of all the spells she had learned at the mage institute, she couldn't think of the right one to use. Never would she thought she would be using them on innocents. Ayred didn't want to so she spent more time thinking of one that might be as painless as possible. Part of her wanted Phor to do it, so she could pretend that she didn't know, but she knew Phor and Magoo wouldn't have enough time. She placed her hands on the side of her head as she thought about what she'd have to do...
MindWackMagoo MindWackMagoo Goonfire Goonfire NeonFlow NeonFlow

The stench of fresh humanoid innards caused Phorcis to cover his nose and gag. His eyes naturally teared up, and he swallowed hard to stop himself from heaving. “Oh gods! Look away...!” he warned the others in a shameful tone, shortly before driving the sword downwards, making an indescribably grisly scene more so. This festering abomination’s first breath would be its last.

Phor began doing the same for the other victims, hurrying to dispatch the other new orcs and performing the only mercies he could on those who hadn’t died yet. The whole time, he admirably fought the urge to vomit and whispered prayers for the women, for they were simply another group of innocents, caught in the sprawling trail of collateral damage in a centuries-long disaster caused by his elven ancestors.

NeonFlow NeonFlow MindWackMagoo MindWackMagoo Juju Juju

Users who are viewing this thread

Back