• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

NeonFlow

The one who made Aerth
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
The sound of death rang out through the air. Cries for mercy, screams of the weak... The smell of blood as victims fell to the soil, the clang of metal clashing in a desperate attempt for survival. This was the strongest man in all of Grimdar... but it meant little to the Orcs.

“Oi what’s this then?”
The dark green skin of the humanoid monster seemed much more putrid up close. His yellow blood shot eyes matching his beast like teeth as he grinned cruelty. You actually able to kill some of my Orcs!” The Man fighting for his life kicked the Orc forward to escape being overpowered and plunged his sword into the monsters gut as it stumbled. The orc grunted as he dropped his blade but ultimately laughed as he held the sword in his stomach to prevent the mans escape with one hand, reaching for the humans throat with large green fingers as disgusting jagged nails easily broke skin. The strongest man in grimdar knew it was to late, his windpipe was crushed as he tried desperately to twist and pull his sword.
"reckon the chiefs will make me a leader for this success of a raid... suppose I'll need a name that fits.. a title... how about...strangler? No wait, Bubul the Choker"

Bubul burst into laughter as he threw the corpse to the ground. Grimdar fell that day, over one hundred Orcs rampaged through the farming villages killing the men and kidnapping the women. The only survivors being those lucky enough to flee or not be in Grimdar at the time.

The village chiefs teenage son, he was sent three days ago to the iron mountains to hire the newly formed Hunters Guild.
Asht couldn’t believe his good luck, the first man he meets at the foot of the mountains claimed the Guild was back and would take any job for payment. But as the boy reached for the letter, In a blink of an eye the man was gone. Shiki closed his eyes and focused his mana while picturing home in his mind...
tumblr_ngnd91q0tH1u1jfb3o1_r4_1280.jpg
Fort Stronghold, built during the first magic war on top of the Iron mountains, dividing Karma from Restag. The Hunters Guild was the first guild to operate outside any laws and rules of kingdoms or race. That was ages past however.
These days a dashing young man has taken residence there. It was just seven days ago when the charismatic casual combatant, Shiki Nazã from RockHold and the exceptional people who followed his crazy words conquered the Iron mountains, slaying any beast in there way until they reached the top. A daring quest to be sure, but thankfully it was not Dragon season, so the most dangerous creature on the mountain would probably be the trolls. Many trolls fell, their fat harvested to add that extra kick to a firebomb.

Upon climbing the final stretch they reached the Gates of stronghold, stormed the Nightspawn that remained in the fort and planted a new flag to wave majestically in the tall cold winds. The guild was back, it was only time now until they made a difference... And eventually? Well Shiki had plans to start travelling Aerth.

But that is the future and this is now!

Shiki appeared out of thin air standing in the entrance hall. Of fort Stronghold, A Beastkin of cat like descent stood at the door making a hiss, black fur standing on end out of shock.
"sorry Storm, we have a job though! Fetch my sword, my bow, my blade, and any guild members still at home. I'm getting the Naza specials from my room and warping whose ready for work in less then three min-its!...So hurry my boy time is money!"
Storm the cat made a meow before dropping to his hands to run faster.
Fetching whoever was in the fort before running off to the barracks to find Shiki's gear.
_________
TheGuide TheGuide Goonfire Goonfire MidnightStar MidnightStar Kirby3178 Kirby3178 Juju Juju MindWackMagoo MindWackMagoo
In the process of editing the pages to link to this one. Note that you have spent at least a day around the cat and understand it enough when it meows or makes a noise.
Example,
"Meow"
"Oh Shiki found a job? Thanks storm"

Last edited:
Magoo was sitting on the floor of the small room that had served as his temporary quarters for the last few days. His eyes were closed as if in meditation, but his mind was far from calm or clear.
"Why am I even here?" a small voice in his head whined.
"I miss Rekel." another chimed in.
Magoo shook his head, trying to clear the whispers from his mind. He could never be certain if these thoughts were his or a trick of the spirits that inhabited him, but he was sure he didn't want to be in Rekel and that this newly reformed guild was the best place for him.
It had taken him almost 2 weeks to locate , travel to, and climb the mountain where the Stronghold stood solemnly against the grey skies, his mind screaming at him to turn back all the way. Luckily, the staff he carried helped to cut through the fog of false thoughts a little each day and he was able to reach the front door without losing too much of his motivation to join the guild.

A large cat-like Beastkin had met him there, immediately causing Magoo to itch, twitch, and sniffle from allergic reactions to its fur. His mind exploded in whispered suggestions:
"Kill it!"
"Throw it from the cliffs!"
"Talk to it, you idiot! It is clearly the guard."

"Hit it with a rock!"
"Shave its fur and let it freeze to death!"
Again, the thoughts threatened to overwhelm Magoo, but he shook them off and raised his hands to the Beastkin in a friendly gesture.
"I am Magoo the Mindful, self-exiled Prince of Rekel. I wish to inquire about membership to the Hunters Guild. Might I be in the right place?"

The cat meowed in a bored but affirmative manner and stepped back to allow Magoo to enter the castle. Magoo spent the next few days being oriented and assigned a temporary room in the new recruit area of the Fort where he spent all of his free time. No sense in wandering the castle. It would just give him more chances to expose the odd mannerisms the spirits influence caused.

While he was reminiscing, a loud scratching at his door shook him from his thoughts.

"Meroooowr!"

"ACHOO!" Magoo sneezed hard and wiped his nose with a black handkerchief, "Sniff. Very good, Storm. I shall be down to find Shiki in a moment. Perhaps I can finally be assigned a proper room after this mission!"

Magoo stood and waited until he could hear Storm scampering down the hall to alert the other new members. He grabbed his bag, travelling robes, and staff, wrapped his face in a clean cloth to avoid any lingering cat hairs, and stepped out into the hall. He made his way down to the Entrance Hall and leaned against the back wall to wait for Shiki and any other Hunters who may be joining the hunt.

Early to bed and early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise. Well... Phorcis wasn’t experiencing any great wisdom gain, but he was feeling the literal burn of treating arrows in his section of the workshop. He sat cross-legged on a comfortable mat in an apron and a pair of worn, oil-stained pants and raked a knife along several sticks. After stripping the thin layer of bark from the slender branches and checking the wood grain for inconsistencies, he oiled these work-in-progress arrow shafts and held them over his fire pit, heating them carefully. By the time he was finished straightening the shafts, he was sweating like a demon in church. Before he could wash up, though, he wanted to check and see if the insects had picked those bones clean so he could shape the fragments into arrowheads using a simple rock.

Stepping away from his workspace while absorbed in thought, Phor almost fell over the catlike creature. “Oh, Storm,” he exhaled, nowhere near prepared to receive the news. “Wha- so soon?” Phor gasped before taking off in a dead sprint back to his room. He was in a mad rush to pack his gear and prepare for the assignment. It only took a solid two minutes for him to wash and dress himself at a comically fast pace. He found himself making a dash to join the others, stumbling through the halls of while simultaneously drying his hair. The towel obscured his vision, so one may have heard him crying out as he slammed into walls and nearly fell down a flight of stairs.

Phorcis finally made his way into the entrance, exactly two minutes and 55 seconds after receiving initial word of the assignment. “This was unexpected; a pleasant surprise, though. I’m ready for my trial.” His tone, despite his previous frazzled actions, was rather dignified, not unlike the inflections in a purebred elf’s speech.

NeonFlow NeonFlow

Magoo heard the cries of Phor as he rushed around upstairs. He had not interacted with the half-elf much other than being introduced when he first arrived. He seemed to be in rather a hurry, and cried out several times, accompanied by a loud THUD each time. He seemed to right himself and was headed to the entrance hall.

"Trip him when he comes in!" his mind whispered.
"Or just whack him over the head with the staff!" another part of him mind snickered.

"Shut UP!" Magoo exclaimed out loud, his frustration and confusion making him forget where he was for a brief moment.
He pinched his leg hard to clear his thoughts as Phorcis sauntered into the room and announced himself.
From his dark corner at the back of the hall, Magoo half-waved at the back of Phor's head and meakly said, "Hey, Phor, haven't seen anyone else yet."

"Now call him a half-breed twit!" a nasty voice in his mind insisted. Magoo pinched his leg harder and half smiled, as if to cover up his internal struggle.

11644c7025522b1c1d1063d1572d2fbf.jpg
Even with people rushing around outside of her room, Ayred was still sleeping when the first wake-up call was announced. Armour was clanging and people were talking, but it all didn't seem to even remotely cause the she-elf to stir. She probably would have slept through the entire trial had Storm not came along. He gave a meow, which usually worked to wake up sleepers, but was surprised when the elf didn't move. Annoyed, he padded closer and pawed at her face, meowing a little more loudly.

"One more minute..." Ayred muttered sleepily, pulling up her blankets. "Too...early."

Storm flattened his ears and with a sharp "Mrrrow!" he yanked the blankets, and Ayred, off the bed.

"Whoaaa!" she screamed in alarm, falling to the floor with a thud. "Hey, come on... I was getting up. I swear!" Ayred said with a sheepish grin, rubbing the back of her head. She stretched her arms with a yawn and had half the mind to curl up on the floor and go back to sleep until she realized how close she was to the beastkin.

This could be her chance! Since the moment she arrived at the castle she had only been focused on one quest; to hug the fluffy beastkin. Unfortunately, he did not share her enthusiasm and had been avoiding her sneak-attacks and pleads.

"Hey...Stormy~..." She said, inching towards him before suddenly pouncing. Of course, the beastkin was a lot more agile than she was and skillfully dodged her attempt of a hug, causing her to stumble forward empty-handed.

"Nooooo!" she cried out in defeat as the beastkin scampered to a safer distance, "Why won't you let me hug you!? Just once!"

"Nya...mewmew meroww." he grumbled, crossing his arms with narrowed eyes.

"Huh? Oh, Shiki has a mission? WAIT!? One minute!? I'm not even ready! Holy gromm, I'm going to be late!" Ayred began to quickly get ready, tearing off her nightgown and getting into her usual gear. She grabbed her shortbow and quiver and stumbled out into the hall, hopping as she pulled on her other boot and nearly knocking into a passing guard. "Sorry, sorry!" she quickly apologized, running down the hallway. It was only then that she realized she had forgotten her cloak, which gave her heart a fright until she remembered she was a mage. Oh, right. With a snap of her fingers, her cloak flew from her bedstand and wrapped around her shoulders, fastening itself with the Keystone brooch.

By the time Ayred joined the others her face was flushed and she was out of breath. "Hey...guys.." she sputtered, hands on her knees while she caught her breath. "You ready? The mission sounds fun! I'm excited, hey are you excited?" She fanned her face. "Man those stairs killed me! It's way too early for this!"

Ayred then paused, blinking. "Wait...what's the mission?" She had forgotten to ask Storm about it.

NeonFlow NeonFlow MindWackMagoo MindWackMagoo Goonfire Goonfire

After giving Quartermaster Storm his orders Shiki had warped to his quarters to prepare his hook-shot for his left forearm. Double checking the fittings in his hand were strapped correctly before giving a few test swings to ensure the shield wasn't jammed. If this was to break during a fight it would be the same as losing a limb. The third minute was used to find his mana juice, a bitter liquid made from glowing shrooms and leaves that grew in the caves of iron mountain.
With his equipment ready Shiki sprinted to the entrance hall to await his guild.

Phor and Magoo being the first two present. The Fletcher and the mad man... Magoo wasn't there to help in taking the fort but just as the original guild Shiki wasn't going to turn away those in need of help. Unless it was extremely bothersome. Magoo hadn't become that yet, and for dwarf as old as he looks he probably has some information to share. When he isn't muttering to himself.

The Fletcher spoke politely as he always did, the young man was diligent and effienct. He was a pleasure to have as apprentice. Shiki expected great things from this archer.

The fact storm wasn't back with his gear and that only two members stood in the hall was enough to start Nazã's speech. He was about to start when the Designated mage appeared, bless her soul for not relying on mana. It was awfully hard for Shiki not to smirk, just as hard not to fall into the convenience of teleporting everywhere.

As Ayred asked what the mission while catching her breath. It was embarrassing but Shiki didn't actually find out, he just warped up the mountain in a excited rush.

He didn't let it show however. "My dear, charming, beautiful, competent apprentices,"
A confident smile only a leader or one as charismatic as the human/dwarf hybrid flashed as he continued.
...i have decided the next job is the end of your trial period! I shall warp us to wherever we need be and observe how you complete said task! The pay will be split between you with a bonus for whoever I deem most successful. I know I've told all of you at some point that I aim to run this guild just like the first hunters did. While everyone is welcome here who needs shelter or help... To become a proper guild member with all the glory and perks that brings... You must pass a challenge set by the Guild leader."
Shiki raised his hand to warp a tattered book from his quarters. Flipping through it he found the page.
"if we go by the old rules your supposed to slay a dragon by yourself, but as it's gorgon season most dragons have migrated to the Forrests or the red mountains near Blador... So I'll set your challenge with whatever comes up next! This means you move from apprentice Hunter to a rank that suits."
Flipping through the book again he found what looked to be the ranks in said guild.
"guild master... hall master? We can just call that second in command... hunter, associate, apprentice... well I'll think of some ranks and perks that suit... like if your hall master ill show you how to get further into the fort or you get a finders fee for jobs you score"...
Shiki's warm hearty laugh filled the hall.
"I'm giving everyone else a another three minutes before I take you three on trial"

Vera Magnolia
Vera stared at the wall lost in thought. It had been almost two weeks since she left home and less than a week since she found the guild. When she first left home she felt excited and ready for adventure. Then she heard about the guild and she knew that it was her chance to show her father...to show herself that she was more than just the chiefs daughter. She was bold, brave, courageous, but right now all she felt was fear and butterflies in her stomach. She knew she would of gotten homesick, but not this soon on her journey. It made her feel pathetic and a bit discouraged. Maybe she wasn't cut out for this...

A light knock at her wide open door caused her to snap out of her thoughts. She looked over to see Storm standing at the door. A confused look crossed the young girl's face. "Everything okay?" Storm nodded and pointed over his shoulder. "Meow." Vera jumped up her face red. "Everyone is meeting downstairs already! I can't believe I was so careless." She began to run around the room frantically gathering her things. "Oh my gosh...Storm I am such an idiot. Maybe I should leave and not even join the guild" she says under breath. Suddenly Storm growled at her stopping her dead in her tracks. "Why did you growl at my?" she asked at bit hurt my the action. "Meow!" Vera blinked her eyes and looked wide eyed at the cat. A smile appeared on her face and she laughed. "I do need to calm down...sorry about that" she said giggling. The feline rolled his eyes and exited the room. "Thanks, Storm!" With a lot more confidence Vera gathered the rest of her things and headed towards the entrance.

When she arrived she gave everyone a smile and wave. "Heya, everyone! Good to see everyone wide awake."

TheGuide TheGuide Goonfire Goonfire MidnightStar MidnightStar Kirby3178 Kirby3178 Juju Juju MindWackMagoo MindWackMagoo NeonFlow NeonFlow

Magoo chuckled to himself as the excitable mage Ayred entered and greeted everyone. Her brightness and frantic energy was infectious. Even the spirits in his head found it hard to find negative thoughts about her to whisper in his mind.

"Tell her there's cake in the kitchen. She will be so dissappointed when she sees there isn't any!"

"Is that the best you got? I KNOW that one was you!" he thought fiercely at his own brain.

He waved at Ayred before she turned to ask about the mission, unsure if she even noticed. He felt his face flush a little.

"
Why am I being so stupid? I think maybe I want Ayred to notice me...I never cared about friends before..."

"Friends are dumb. You're your own best friend. Plus you got us! She thinks your scary anyway. Better off not trying."

"Did you just refer to yourself as NOT my own thoughts? That's never happened before. You're slipping!"

"No, that was just your...MY... imagination. Damn!"

Magoo smiled a little wider. Being here was starting to have an interesting effect on him.
Shiki was explaining that their Trial period was ending and that their next mission was a test to advance. Magoo didn't care much about ranks or promotions. The money he would just use to fund his research and hire trackers to seek out lost artifacts. Though it occurred to him that his new guild might be able to help with that eventually.

Shiki finished up, declaring a 3 minute wait for others to join the motley group. Magoo decided that if the thoughts in his head hated friendship, it was worth a try. He pushed off from the wall, leaning on his staff to maintain the illusion of his feebleness, and walked forward near Ayred and Phor.
Unbeknownst to him at the moment, his face had shifted age again. He now appeared to be about 35 or 40 instead of his usual wrinkly 100 or so.

"So...uh...final Trial time, huh? Pretty neat. Wonder what the actual mission will be. I hope there are books to loot!"
"You are an idiot."
"
Shut up," Magoo murmured back, and then blushed again, having said it out loud on accident.

TheGuide TheGuide Goonfire Goonfire MidnightStar MidnightStar Kirby3178 Kirby3178 Juju Juju MindWackMagoo MindWackMagoo NeonFlow NeonFlow :OOC: I color coded thoughts and speech to make it easier to follow. Black italics are spirits thoughts, greenish italics are Magoo's true thoughts, the red is his speech :OOC:

Ayred perked her head up when the guild master began his speech, thankful that he was explaining things. (Unfortunately for poor Magoo, she did not in fact see his wave). The way he spoke reminded her of a ship captain or a prince and almost made her want to take things a little more seriously.

So the trial period was ending? Oh, that really was exciting! She didn't really care for the pay, but the idea of a challenge was something she was truly looking forward to. She placed a fist over her mouth, trying to contain her overjoyed excitement and still listen to Shiki's words. She was more than a little disappointed that they wouldn't be seeing any dragons, but when Shiki mentioned the rank of hall master she forgot about it somewhat.

"Oooh! Master of the Halls!" She said in awe, clapping her hands "Man, that sounds spectacular! I always wanted to be a hall-monitor!"

When Shiki told the group that they would be waiting another three minutes Ayred puffed out her cheeks and grumbled, "Awww... I could have slept in longer..."

Her halfhearted look of disappointment only lasted for a moment however, for soon Vera walked in. "Good morning Vera~!" Ayred said with a happy wave towards the girl.

As Magoo spoke up from behind her, Ayred turned around with a growing smile on her face. He looked younger than normal, but the elf didn't really pay it any mind. At the academy she had once run into a 1000-year-old elf who looked like a young girl, so she didn't feel like judging. "Yeah, me too! Hey, what sort of books do you think orcs read? Are there any orc authors?" She gave a gasp, "Wait! Do you think they have cookbooks?! I totally call dibs!"

NeonFlow NeonFlow MindWackMagoo MindWackMagoo Goonfire Goonfire MidnightStar MidnightStar

Dormus lazed in bed. He was very tired from maintaining his equipment late into the night and slept in quite late. He awoke to a labored "Meeeeoooooowwwww!!!!" from his doorway/ He threw his legs over the bed, and knowingly looked to Storm. "Shiki calling for a mission eh? Figured I'd be trying to rest when a job finally comes in. Run ahead Storm, ill right myself and report to the entrance hall." The cat meowed graciously and took off to wherever it was he had to go next. Dorm hopped out of his bed and threw on his usual attire; a white shirt tanned slightly from long days hiding in the brush, a leather jerkin from his mother, pants, and boots. He lightly jogged down down the hall to the room in the barracks where the equipment was kept. He arrived shortly and began strapping his numerous pouches and sheaths to his person. he knew he was in a hurry, but he had to make sure he had everything he'd need. He had no idea what Shiki would take the guild next. After tightening up his bracers, he turned to head down the corridor to the main entrance to meet with Shiki. He turned up to the main hall, with not quite as much hurry as he should have had given he was holding everyone up. He strolled up to the group and said "Sorry friends, hopefully, I made it in time for the trial." He played with a bolas nonchalantly. "Where to this time captain?"

1565565556152.jpeg
Titus Armos
Titus was polishing his sword and practicing a new technique when he was startled by Storm the cat meowing at him.
"So that's what that commotion was, Shiki's gathering us for a mission" he chuckled "it's about time I was beginning to get bored around here" He equipped his armor, fastened his sword to his belt, and set off to the Main Hall. Titus' guild mates were already gathered, many of them he hadn't formally met.
"Finally something interesting, maybe I can try out my new technique on this mission" Titus though

Phorcis gave a friendly sideways glance to the others arriving during and after the briefing. It was pleasantly surprising that he was among the first present. "Good morning,” he greeted them simply, letting slip a nervous chuckle following Magoo’s odd self-scolding.

Ayred was striking up a conversation, the subject of which sent a faint shiver down Phor’s spine. “We may need to substitute some ingredients. Orcs are known to dine on humanoid flesh,” he explained uncomfortably, hoping she didn’t mean to follow certain recipes that called specifically for elf meat. “I suppose we could use some variety of venison, maybe deer.”

“I should ask while we wait: did we need any special equipment for our challenges?”
the scout finally asked his mentor. It would seem he was still well-prepared, with his usual sword, bow, and firebombs, plus a few surprises in that mysterious hip-pouch he never opened in front of the others.

MindWackMagoo MindWackMagoo Juju Juju NeonFlow NeonFlow

Shiki gave a hearty chuckle at the question as to where they were heading... But at the mention of orc authors, it reminded him of a time he was waiting to ambush a squad of orcs... Two orcs forced to build some sort of makeshift defense of a wall and spikes were talking amongst themselves trying to explain how...
'building is like fighting or killing pink skins if you really think about it'
Probably more funny to hear at the time... wierd Ayred would bring up Orcs... elf mana... maybe she can sense some evil or is hinting at what she would like to hunt...

"exotic recipes and meals have always been a perk of the guild, traveling different locations and learning or hunting the different sources of food... not sure how much expertise a orc could manage... apart from what was killed last... maybe splashed with grog and held over a fire-- ah Titus you sexy sly skilled swordsman.. we run trials now... just waiting on that sleeping bear then we have our squads... not that hunting involves a team each time but I grade you on lots of aspects when it comes to a trial.."

Shiki gave thought for a moment before addressing everyone present "bring your standard travelling gear but know we may be out for more then a few nights... So if you want to prepare for that you should have time while I go fetch the boy with the job request."
With that he disappeared in a blink of a eye out of the hall, presumably down the mountain.
-------
Juju Juju seasonedcat seasonedcat Kirby3178 Kirby3178 Goonfire Goonfire MidnightStar MidnightStar TheGuide TheGuide MindWackMagoo MindWackMagoo

Magoo stepped back toward his leaning corner instinctively as Titus and Dormos joined the group. He had not been introduced to either in his short time here, but the spirits seemed to like their presence. He did not know if this was another trick, but as a rule he was hesitant to do or interact with anything or anyone when his thoughts agreed with him.
As Skiki vanished, Magoo shook his head slightly and gripped his staff harder. With a mission about to begin, he could not risk wasting the staff's daily boon to clear his mind. He instead turned his attention back to Ayred and Phor. He chuckled again at Ayred's unyielding enthusiasm.

"I would be quite interested in an orc book. Though i am not sure writing is in their skill set. I figure they probably take any books they pillage for kindling."

Magoo did a slight double take to where Shiki had been standing a moment before.

"Did Shiki say there was a boy with a job? As in a client for the Guild? What are the odds someone would find us so soon?"

"Did you forget our Acolytes are legion? Do you really think we didnt use your stupid body to leave clues to your location? Better get out of here fast!"

"
Stuff it where the sun does not shine...which I suppose for you is pretty much anywhere. Your Acolytes couldnt find their own naked asses in a house of mirrors."

Magoo's age shifted again, this time to about 85, without him taking notice. Though his longer beard made his nose tickle, he figured it was more allergic reactions to Storm.

"
I wonder what could be so important as to make a yoing man travel to this desolate mountain in search of a famously dead guild? He got very lucky it isnt 3 months ago!"

Juju Juju seasonedcat seasonedcat Kirby3178 Kirby3178 Goonfire Goonfire
MidnightStar MidnightStar TheGuide TheGuide MindWackMagoo MindWackMagoo NeonFlow NeonFlow

Last edited:
Ayred nodded enthusiastically at Phoric's suggestion of swapping out ingredients. "See, that's what I mean! I had a really weird dream last night where instead of fighting an orc I was in a cook-off with him! He was wearing this frilly pink apron and a huge hat. You guys should have seen him, he was like 'this tall', and had a cool eyepatch." the elf got on the tips of her toes as she motioned the imaginary height of the orc with her hand. "But anyway, I'm really bad at cooking, so I was pretty scared I was going to end up becoming the dish, but the orc said, 'hey, I'll teach you how to cook' and then went to get his cookbook."

Midway through the story, she paused, placing a finger under her chin. "How did it end again? Oh yeah, we made a pie. It was the best one I've ever tasted. It was like spicy...but sweet at the same time!" Ayred closed her eyes and smiled warmly. "Maybe someday I'll find the recipe..."

Shiki's mention of exotic food piqued her attention once more. "Hey, so you're saying that we can bring new recipes to the chefs and they'll make it? Sweet! I think I've got myself a personal goal now!" She listened as he explained about their sleeping situation for the next few nights and excitement lit up her eyes. "Yes! I love camping out! Sleeping under the stars, sitting by a campfire, ahh~!" she said wistfully.

"Hmm... maybe I should get some stuff then. I really only brought my fighting gear." Ayred turned to go back towards her room until she remembered the stairs. She could warp there, but if she had learned anything from her time at the academy it was that warping to places out of sheer laziness was very bad for you. Though, she really didn't want to climb those stairs again.

kazu_by_charaky_dcxnvzw-pre.jpg
What if she didn't go to her room, but something did? Ah, yes, one point for Ayred. The amber brooch of her cloak glowed for a brief moment, and with a soft burst of light, a furred creature appeared beside her. It looked quite similar to a ferret but was twice the size and at least three times as long. While it seemed physical in nature, anyone with a sense for magic would be able to tell the otherworldly nature of the spirit. It leapt up to curl around Ayred's shoulders, giving the others a suspicious look. Particularly it did not seem to like Magoo, perhaps sensing the malicious energy hidden inside.

Ayred gave the creature a pat. "Hey Yiki, do you mind getting my camp gear? You know the bag, it should be by my bed."

It gave a strange chatter, like the sound of wind chimes, before leaping to the ground. The creature named Yiki then gave one last glance at Magoo before scurrying off towards Ayred's room.

NeonFlow NeonFlow MindWackMagoo MindWackMagoo Goonfire Goonfire

Phorcis’ amused grin faded as he realized he would need more ammunition, if this was occurring over the span of three days. “Right... extra-large quiver, here I come,” he sighed before starting on his way back to his room. Of course, he paused for a second to speculate on the request along with Magoo. “Word of our foundation is spreading like wildfire, but it must be serious if someone walked all the way here to request help.”

Once back at the fletching workshop, Phor grabbed thirty arrows, plus an expanded quiver capable of holding fifty. He dumped the contents of his standard quiver into this one, consolidating all his ammunition into one large bundle. He then attached it to his back and went to his room to grab his cloak. This was a faster trip, a simple matter of in and out, since he didn’t foresee himself sleeping that much for the next three nights.

The half-elf returned to the foyer, sporting his expanded quiver and cloak. He seemed a tad winded, as he had been jogging throughout his lap around the castle.

Juju Juju MindWackMagoo MindWackMagoo NeonFlow NeonFlow

Shiki appeared at the base of the iron mountains to find a confused young boy get the shock of his life “you were invisible!?”
“Wha? Aha no lad I’m what they call a rare sort. I teleport”
With that explanation and a cheeky grin Shiki grabbed the young boy by the shoulder and both appeared in the entrance hall of fort stronghold.

The boy took a moment to reel in confusion... he was just outside... now he’s in a hall. It takes getting used to warping.
As the boy looked around at the apprentices he spotted a familiar face.
His sister Vera.
“Vera?!... Vera!!” Asht rushes towards his sister crashing into her clinging in a desperate embrace
“The scouts say a orc army is coming!! Marching right from the red mountains to grimdar!!”
Shiki bellowed in shock with a growing tone of rage, “what!!?”
——-
MidnightStar MidnightStar seasonedcat seasonedcat TheGuide TheGuide MindWackMagoo MindWackMagoo Juju Juju Kirby3178 Kirby3178 Goonfire Goonfire

Vera was proud of herself coming well prepared. She didn't have to go back to her room and grab anymore supplies. (She also didn't have a lot of gear to begin with) Normally, Vera would be talking and getting to know her potential guildmates. However she decided just to lay low and calm her nerves from her morning rush. She leaned against the wall letting her mind wonder back home and to her family. Especially her little brother. She did wonder how he was doing.

Shiki suddenly teleported not to far from where she stood with the boy he said he went to fetch. At first she couldn't believe her eyes and thought it was a mistake, but when Asht ran up to her and grabbed her in a desperate embrace she knew it was him. However this was no happy reunion. He looked so tired and fear covered his entire face. Vera's heart started racing. "Asht...this can't be." Her tone was quiet and soft. She then grabbed him by the shoulders and squeeze him. "Did you evacuate the town? Are mom and dad safe?" She looked over at Shiki then back at her brother. It took all her willpower not to cry. "Please tell me everyone is safe!" she said a hint of anger in her voice.

seasonedcat seasonedcat TheGuide TheGuide MindWackMagoo MindWackMagoo Juju Juju Kirby3178 Kirby3178 Goonfire Goonfire NeonFlow NeonFlow

Magoo watched the others as they moved to prepare for a longer journey. He had everything he owned already in his possession, so did not need to leave the hall.
He sneezed again as Ayred's ferret bounded off toward the stairs. He immediately perceived the creature's wary attitude towards him.
"I think it detects you. Some powerful spirits YOU are. Is this why you dont want me here? Afraid of little ol' Ayred?"
The spirits did not seem to have a reply.

He sneezed again, more vehemently.

The force of the sneeze caused another shift in his appearnce, making him look even older. His beard, now white as pure snow and the length reaching his belly, pulled on his head and neck more with the sudden change in weight and volume.

He became very self-conscious. He had not had the chance to explain his various oddities to the guild members, and was certain they would reject him once he did.
People seemed to be unable to believe his curse was real, instead brushing him off or even declaring him a liar or insane. The age shifts were usually attributed to his Illusion mana, though even Magoo was unsure of their true cause.
He was still fretting about the others' perception of him when Shiki reappeared with a young boy. He seemed vaguely familiar, which made more sense when he ran to Vera and called her "sister."

Vera asked if the village was evacuated but Magoo knew it was the wrong question. This boy had clearly been travelling for some time and they did not know how far the orcs had been when he left.

"How long have you been searching for us, lad? We may have precious little time to waste."

Juju Juju seasonedcat seasonedcat Kirby3178 Kirby3178 Goonfire Goonfire MidnightStar MidnightStar TheGuide TheGuide MindWackMagoo MindWackMagoo

Last edited:
Dormus weighed the entire situation as it transpired silently from his position against the nearest wall. He got his skinning and tanning knives as well as his combat ones strapped to his chest, his pouches comfortably filled with rope and some small metal movement traps. One final pouch was filled with different weight bolas, which he could reuse. All in all, he was plenty prepared so he simply watched from one side as Shiki disappeared for a moment, he was familiar with Shiki and his ability so it didn't surprise him much some chatter was had, and then he reappeared with a terrified boy. He was clearly in near shock form the orcs approaching and ran up to very for comfort. Dorm didn't need much motivation to hunt Orcs, but it certainly helped when they displaced families. It didn't could like they were threatening the area his parents lived in, but if Orcs took the foot of the mountain it wouldn't be long before they did. He stood from the wall then and approached the front of the party where Shiki stood. "So when do we go root out the swine?" he asked, flipping a knife expertly in one hand.

Asht answered as best he could, "some have left, those who believed the scouts and father, But most believe the Forrest will protect them like it always has...But Drageo saw them... the Orcs bring machines of war, they ride wolves and trolls... they stomp across karma and grimdar is right in their way! Father and mother won't leave! They just made me come here..." Asht was crying now
"It's hopeless isn't it! I ran so far... I never stopped! Butbut I wasn't fast enough"
The lad must have only been fourteen at the most. A tough kid to make it this far but none could blame him for losing faith.

"we don't have time to spare Lad, Wipe your face and blow your nose... you stand in the Hunters Guild. Like the legends and tales of the first hunters... I aim to make those tales be told again...
A single hunter can slay a dragon by themself!
Three hunters can turn the tide of war!
A team of hunters can control the battlefield and by extension the very Aerth they stand upon!!- you say it's hopeless but I say you stand before men and women who will prove my words true. You remain here boy. Find the quartermaster of stronghold. Follow him til you understand him and then follow his instructions to the letter!"

Shiki raised his hands to either side of him and his sword appeared in his right hand, his dagger in his left. He had lost the jovial nature of 'we're going on a trial gang!' The moment orcs was mentioned. That happy casual face was now one of cold determination. This trial would become a war. And Shiki planned to be the spearhead of it.
"meow!"
He had forgotten Storm- who was off trying to find Shiki's bow and sword... poor cat had a shock of a life. Where's the damn sword?! A good quartermaster never loses track of a weapon!

"everyone join hands. I'm taking us outside grimdar... your trial begins now. Further instructions shall be given after we access the situation."
-----------
——-
MidnightStar MidnightStar seasonedcat seasonedcat TheGuide TheGuide MindWackMagoo MindWackMagoo Juju Juju Kirby3178 Kirby3178 Goonfire Goonfire

Phorcis listened attentively, resting a hand on one hip as he let the siblings embrace one another. It struck a chord with him, reminded him of his own family. He wondered how they were doing, as he had only corresponded with them via letters since he left to help reclaim Fort Stronghold.

News of the proximity of the orcish siege party troubled the half-elf, though; given the amount of time elapsed, he was sure this would be a hostage rescue mission, in addition to an extermination. “We have no time to lose, then,” Phor then asserted. On command, he swiftly joined hands with Vera and Shiki to start this ‘teleportation chain’. He figured all present would appreciate cutting to the chase.

MidnightStar MidnightStar NeonFlow NeonFlow TheGuide TheGuide Juju Juju MindWackMagoo MindWackMagoo

Vera listened to her brother carefully and closely. She knew the village could be stubborn about things, but for once she wished they hadn't. Seeing Asht here worried her even more. If her parents sent him her they must think that something bad is going to happen. They sent him here to not only get help, but to protect him from the battle that was about to begin. Vera didn't always see eye to eye with her parents, but she knew their hearts were good and they would do anything for Asht.

Looking at her brother now she could see the fear in his eyes. When he started crying Vera pulled him into a tight embrace. Her brother buried himself into her arms and Vera looked at the others with a sad expression on her face. Her heart was hurting, but she needed to be brave for her brother. He did his part, but now it was her turn. She pulled away from her brother and kneeled down in front of him a big smile on my face. "You are so brave! Mother and father will be so proud of you." He kissed his forehead and pulled him into one more hug. "Listen to what Shiki said okay. You can stay in my room if you want. I will back soon." She stood and ruffled Asht head and gave him one last smile before joining the other. “We have no time to lose, then,” Phor said. Vera nodded. "Those orcs are probably there as we speak. We have no time to lose."

While she waited for Yiki to return, Ayred sat down on a nearby crate, humming a little elfish tune to herself to help pass the time. She wondered where on earth Silvrian was. Maybe she was still sleeping? Ayred had thought she was bad, but if the bear lady was still sleeping then she would have to pass up her crown of being the deepest sleeper. What if Silvrian was hibernating? Did werebears hibernate?

A loud sneeze interrupted her thoughts. She gave one look at Magoo, with his new fluffy beard, and burst into laughter "Hey Magoo, I'm surprised your beard doesn't make you sneeze! It's fluffier than Storm! Huh... wish I had a beard." Of course, she could always make an illusionary beard. She had done it before, but it didn't look as great as Magoo's. His looked so real. She wondered what sort of spells he was using to change up his appearance all the time. "OOooh~! Maybe you could teach me your appearance trick sometime! I'd love to learn how you do it!"

Before Magoo could even think up a response, the Guild Leader reappeared with the addition of a small boy. Ayred jumped up, excited to hear about her task, but sobered up almost immediately when she noticed the boy was crying. Something was very wrong, she could feel it. A sick feeling settled in her stomach before finally bursting when the boy told them of an orcish invasion.

"An army? That's...not good." Ayred said, the joyful light in her eyes having dulled down. It only lingered for a few moments, and before long her optimism kicked in. "Hey...don't worry, kiddo! Our guild is the best of the best. We got this!"

When Shiki told them all to join hands Ayred hesitated. "What about Silvrian? If its an army we're facing we'll need all the power we can get. You guys go ahead, I'll get her and then meet up with you all."

She walked over to Shiki and touched his shoulder, her eyes flashing for a second as she attuned to his mana. It would allow her to locate him and warp to his location even if she had not been there before. Once it was done she stepped back with a lighthearted wink and smile. "I didn't study warping for nothing, you know!"
MindWackMagoo MindWackMagoo NeonFlow NeonFlow seasonedcat seasonedcat

Magoo stepped forward and grasped Skiki's free hand. He prepared to transfer a small burst of mana into his staff as soon as they arrived. He wanted to be sure his eyes and ears were not affected by the spirits. His perception must be sharp if they were about to land in a battle zone. It would be a disaster if the spirits muddled with his view of the dangers.

"Once we arrive I will need 3 minutes uninterrupted so I can activate my staff's boon. Then I shall have about an hour of unhindered senses. After that I will be susceptible to my mind's trickery once more and there is no telling what I may experience. Best to get the job done quickly. I would also appreciate a prisoner to interrogate if possible, though I will understand if the Orc scum must all meet their ends."

MidnightStar MidnightStar seasonedcat seasonedcat TheGuide TheGuide @MindWackMagoo Juju Juju Kirby3178 Kirby3178 @Spellsword_Kirov

Users who are viewing this thread

Back