• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Hunters Guild: (open and looking for people)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

NeonFlow

The one who made Aerth
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
The sound of death rang out through the air. Cries for mercy, screams of the weak... The smell of blood as victims fell to the soil, the clang of metal clashing in a desperate attempt for survival. This was the strongest man in all of Grimdar... but it meant little to the Orcs.

Oi what’s this then?
The dark green skin of the humanoid monster seemed much more putrid up close. His yellow blood shot eyes matching his beast like teeth as he grinned cruelty. “You actually able to kill some of my Orcs!” The Man fighting for his life kicked the Orc forward to escape being overpowered and plunged his sword into the monsters gut as it stumbled. The orc grunted as he dropped his blade but ultimately laughed as he held the sword in his stomach to prevent the mans escape with one hand, reaching for the humans throat with large green fingers as disgusting jagged nails easily broke skin. The strongest man in grimdar knew it was to late, his windpipe was crushed as he tried desperately to twist and pull his sword.
"reckon the chiefs will make me a leader for this success of a raid... suppose I'll need a name that fits.. a title... how about...strangler? No wait, Bubul the Choker"

Bubul burst into laughter as he threw the corpse to the ground. Grimdar fell that day, over one hundred Orcs rampaged through the farming villages killing the men and kidnapping the women. The only survivors being those lucky enough to flee or not be in Grimdar at the time.

The village chiefs teenage son, he was sent three days ago to the iron mountains to hire the newly formed Hunters Guild.
Asht couldn’t believe his good luck, the first man he meets at the foot of the mountains claimed the Guild was back and would take any job for payment. But as the boy reached for the letter, In a blink of an eye the man was gone. Shiki closed his eyes and focused his mana while picturing home in his mind...
tumblr_ngnd91q0tH1u1jfb3o1_r4_1280.jpg
Fort Stronghold, built during the first magic war on top of the Iron mountains, dividing Karma from Restag. The Hunters Guild was the first guild to operate outside any laws and rules of kingdoms or race. That was ages past however.
These days a dashing young man has taken residence there. Shiki Nazã from RockHold and the exceptional people who followed his crazy words conquered the Iron mountains, slaying any beast in there way until they reached the top.
Upon climbing the final stretch they reached the Gates of stronghold, stormed the Undead that remained in the fort and planted a new flag to wave majestically in the tall cold winds.

Shiki appeared out of thin air standing in the entrance hall. A Beastkin of cat like descent stood at the door making a hiss, black fur standing on end out of shock.
"sorry Storm, we have a job though! Fetch my sword, my bow, my blade, and any guild members still at home. I'm getting the Naza specials from my room and warping whose ready for work in less then three min-its!...So hurry my boy time is money!"
Storm the cat made a meow before dropping to his hands to run faster.
Fetching whoever was in the fort before running off to the barracks to find Shiki's gear.
_________
I shall tag everyone whose been accepted in a post below so you get notified

Last edited:
"Auh- Auhg- Atchoo!" Dormus jolted himself awake with a gut-wrenching sneeze. He shook the sleep out of his eyes and righted himself, trying to figure out just what had happened. He saw Storm in the doorway and realized. He wasn't allergic to cat-beastkin, but fur in your nose is sure to rile up your sinuses. He threw his legs over the bed, and knowingly looked to Storm. "Shiki calling for a mission eh? Figures I'd be trying to rest when a job finally comes in. Run ahead Storm, ill right myself and report to the entrance hall." The cat meowed graciously and took off to wherever it was he had to go next. Dorm hopped out of his bed and threw on his usual attire; a white shirt tanned slightly from long days hiding in the brush, a leather jerkin from his mother, pants, and boots. His bracers were with his gear, so after getting dressed he started down the hall to the room in the barracks where the equipment was kept. He arrived shortly and began strapping his numerous pouches and sheaths to his person. "It's a lot of work being this prepared." He sighed to himself. He didn't know what the job was yet so he settled on bringing his immobilization tools and weapons, but only a length of rope for fashioning traps. "Might not be the time to over-encumber." He peeked at one of his knives as he sheathed it, noting that there was a small nick in the blade. He would need to inspect all his tool when they arrived back home. After tightening up his bracers, he turned to head down the corridor to the main entrance to meet with Shiki. "The hunt begins once more, it seems." He said with a grin.

Helmina had woken early and with a grunt, she had spent to many days cooped up and without a good fight. It was making her skin crawl with impatience, if they didn't find a job soon she was going to start 'sparing' with her fellow members. She checked over her weapons, Hel had just went over all the blades with whetstone last night so there was no more to be done with them. Grabbing a sword she tested the balance before heading out to the room filled with dummies, at the very least she would practice while they waited. Hours had passed and she let out a shout as she drove her sword into the wood, yanking it out with a grunt Hel felt little better now than she had before training. Storm poking it's furred head into the door, it was obvious that the creature was there to alert her of a new job. Hel nodded to the beastkin in understanding, "take care, Storm." Helmina went and changed into her more appropriate combat attire, after braiding back her hair she grabbed her familiar axe and shield. Sliding everything into place she strode through the corridor, reaching the main entrance she glanced at the few present. "This had better be a good fight. We've been sitting on our hands for ages."

Shiki had warped to his quarters to strap his hook-shot to his left forearm. Double checking the fittings in his hand were strapped correctly before giving a few test swings to ensure the shield wasn't jammed. If this was to break during a fight it would be the same as losing a limb. The second minute was used to find his mana juice, a bitter liquid made from glowing shrooms and leaves that grew in the caves of iron mountain.
With his equipment ready Shiki sprinted to the entrance hall to await his guild.

Dormus arriving first, Shiki enjoyed what dormus brought to the team. A careful eye and a mind suited for traps. Helmina was next to show up in the hall, her axe brought down many undead just a week ago and she claims it's been ages since a good fight.
Shiki grinned with a light chuckle, he understood the thrill of the hunt and the triumph in victory just as much as any in the guild.

"dear dashing trapper, beautifully fierce axe maiden, wait shouldn't there be more? I swear there was at least five or six of us..."
The fact storm wasn't back with his gear and that only two members stood in the hall was enough to start Nazã's speech.
...i have decided the next job is the end of your trial period! I shall warp us to wherever we need be and observe how you complete said task! The pay will be split between you with a bonus for whoever I deem most successful. I know I've told all of you at some point that I aim to run this guild just like the first hunters did. While everyone is welcome here who needs shelter or help... To become a proper guild member with all the glory and perks that brings... You must pass a challenge set by the Guild leader."
Shiki raised his hand to warp a tattered book from his quarters. Flipping through it he found the page.
"if we go by the old rules your supposed to slay a dragon by yourself, but as it's gorgon season most dragons have migrated to the Forrests or the red mountains... So I'll set your challenge with whatever comes up next! This means you move from apprentice Hunter to a rank that suits."
Flipping through the book again he found what looked to be the ranks in said guild.
"guild master... hall master? We can just call that second in command... hunter, associate, apprentice... well I'll think of some ranks and perks that suit... like if your hall master ill show you how to get further into the fort or you get a finders fee for jobs you score"
TheGuide TheGuide Kenku Kenku Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia Goonfire Goonfire

Last edited:
As Shiki began to outline the ranks various members could achieve, a thought crossed Dorms' mind. "Hell, I think id rather just take then dragon then" he blurted. He'd read all about dragons. Their habitat, their diets, weaknesses, and resistances. He figured he could come up with countermeasures for a dragon and a reasonable way to take one down, given his understanding of them. But to be warped to a random beast that told to kill it? Far more intimidating given he'd have no time to prepare. "Well, suppose there's nothing for it then. Let it never be said I backed down from a challenge." He pulled out a lightweight bolas and began flinging it around his fingers, deftly shifting them in and out so as to spin it without tangling. He'd thrown one once or twice before. "Ready and willing sir, warp me wherever the danger lies."

Early to bed and early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise. Well... Phorcis wasn’t feeling any wisdom gain, but he was feeling the literal burn of treating arrows in his section of the workshop. He sat cross-legged on a comfortable mat in an apron and a pair of worn, comfy, oil-stained pants and raking a knife along several sticks. After stripping the thin layer of bark from the thin branches and checking the wood grain for inconsistencies, he oiled these work-in-progress arrow shafts and held them over his fire pit, heating them carefully. By the time he was finished straightening the shafts, he was sweating like a demon in church. Before he could wash up, though, he wanted to check and see if the insects had picked those bones clean so he could shape the fragments into arrowheads using a simple rock.

Stepping away from his workspace while absorbed in thought, Phor almost fell over the catlike creature. “Oh, Storm,” he exhaled, nowhere near prepared to receive news. “Wha- so soon?” Phor gasped before taking off in a dead sprint back to his room. He was in a mad rush to pack his gear and prepare for the assignment. It only took a solid two minutes for him to wash and dress himself at a comically fast pace. He found himself making a dash to join the others, stumbling through the halls of while simultaneously drying his hair. The towel obscured his vision, so one may have heard him crying out as he slammed into walls and nearly fell down a flight of stairs.

Phorcis finally made his way into the entrance, likely a tad late. The announcement did echo throughout this section of the keep; the acoustics were perfect. “Pardon my tardiness,” he pleaded breathlessly, tying his hairband and headband. “This was unexpected; a pleasant surprise, though. I’m ready for my trial.” His tone, despite his previous frazzled actions, was rather dignified, not unlike the inflections in a purebred elf’s speech.

NeonFlow NeonFlow

Shiki gave a hearty laugh that only one with dwarf blood in their veins could give at Dorms quip about preferring a solo dragon fight “aye would sure be a grand sight to see, a adequate test of all our skills... but I’m not warping all around Aerth just to put you all one on one against a giant flying lizard, a job is at hand! What’s more glorious then helping those in need and having the chance to spread your good name and gain prizes!”

As the half elf fletcher came in late the leader sarcastically clapped at his enthusiasm, “ah my fellow halfblood brother, if you use the same effort you usually have boiling inside you I’m sure the job shall be executed flawlessly... or is that better said, In a flawless manner?”
A grand smile formed on Shiki’s face, he had full belief that anything that comes up, the men and women he had here could adapt, overcome and succeed in whatever beasties brought a runner. But mostly his smile was because Storm finally arrived with the shit he requested earlier, which the man promptly equipped before thanking the young beastkin.

“orright everyone hold hands it’s already tough enough warping me long distances I can’t do it without you all being connected to me”
Shiki held his hand out and waited for all to prepare for teleportation.
“guard the fort storm, if any ask where we are give them that talk gem matching mine”
Shiki waited for storm to nod and the three others to make a link before teleporting the hunters to the base of the iron mountains karma side.
Asht stood in amazement, a simple farm boy had never seen what was surely top tier adventurers.
He handed the note to shiki who quickly read over it.
“shenanigans hat boy your from grimdar? I have a cousin there she-ah orcs.”
The casual excitement in the leaders face drained only to be replaced with something more anxious. Shiki read over the note once more before giving it to asht. “I’ll warp us outside grimdar, asht your quest isn’t over. Climb this mountain to fort stronghold and find the quartermaster of fort stronghold, he is a black cat named storm. He shall train you further.”
Without giving a warning to anyone else or waiting for the teenager to answer shiki grouped his three apprentices together and in a blink of a turtlebears eye they were just off the main road leading to grimdar. The Bushes and trees of the forest provided decent cover but it was obvious to all who could see they were to late. Grimdar has fallen. What was farmland that spread for miles was now a muddy burnt war zone. Orcs chopping down trees and breaking down houses to build a fort and other structures, they were making there very own stronghold in karma...
The only original house still standing was the grimdar chiefs home. A two story house made of brick and wood. At least ten orcs stood guard outside it, the rest were either building,
getting shit to build with,
Eating or drinking (who knows what? best not to find out)
Fighting amongst themselves,
Torturing captured humans and beastkin tied to stakes dug into the ground.
Or sleeping...
And from the screams and squeals something unspeakable was happening around the ruins of grimdar.
But there seemed to be a patrol or three led by orcs riding wolves, meaning more wolves are being kept somewhere if they have riders...
Wolf.jpg
Shiki sat on the ground behind a tree drinking a full bottle of his mana juice and taking some deep breaths.
Once the bottle was finished shiki dragged himself to his feet with the help of the tree...

“make no mistake. Your first test is just as important as slaying a dragon, this orc scum is a infestation that all of aerth should be united in destroying. A single orc has the potential to raise a team, that team can raise a army that army took over blador and is moving into karma and restag quicker then any can imagine... Grimdar is the brutal truth, but like the legends of the first hunters... three can turn the tide of war.”
Shikis voice lacked the casual warmth he usually exuded As he gave out the hunters trial.
“your trial is the following.
sabotage the orcs fort,
rescue any hostages or captives in the territory of Grimdar,
Hunt and kill at least fifty orcs, each.
Hunt and kill one orc captain or leader. With a force this big there should be five at least I say...
I know you’re all experienced but I’m going to say it anyway. Orcs are genetically stronger then most races, more durable, capable of gaining multiple types of mana and despite being dumb as shit they are cunning fighters. Be smart and prepared, the time limit for your trial is two days and two nights. I will also be doing my best to help around grimdar but my mana needs a few hours before I can teleport again... any captives you save direct them to the iron mountains, when the moon is in the middle of the sky I shall be back at this spot to share intel with you all. I would wish you a Good hunt, but I have the feeling we will need to MAKE this a good hunt”

Shiki took a breath after his little speech and lightly coughed, long distance teleportation with a group certainly drains a man.
———-
Kenku Kenku TheGuide TheGuide Goonfire Goonfire
(When I’m not on a phone I shall try to find a picture to illustrate what the location looks like) ((cannot find a decent picture of ruined farmland or the beginnings of a fort))

Last edited:
"All is one... one is all..." says Diego as he inserts a glowing crystal into the head of an axe. Looking it over, Diego frowns a bit. The size was a tad awkward, the metal was weighty and the feathers on the handle were a bit much. However, this was not HIS weapon so he should try and keep an open mind. Deftly throwing it at a wall, Diego watches the axeblade create thick icicles as it makes contact with the stone wall. Sighing, Diego retrieves the axe and lays it on a pile of weapons and gear that he was commissioned to make or reforge. Rubbing his eyes, Diego looks outside the window of his workshop. That time of day already? thought Diego as he walked outside of his workshop to go get some food. Then he noticed a few of the other guild members gather around Naza for some kind of talk. Apparently they would be hunting Orcs. Without another word, Diego retreated into his room and grabbed all of his essentials before heading back out. Good thing too, as their illustrious guild master had decided impromptu TELEPORTATION was the way to go on this front. As they arrived in the location for the test, Diego sat down and immediately began eating cheese and bread. Hunting on an empty stomach was certain death.

Shiki coughed as he noticed Diego had also flopped to the ground as they arrived outside the border of grimdar, wait...
“uh Diego, gandolfi my friend... I’m happy you joined us but didn’t you seek the protection of the iron mountains? To Ply your trade, sell your work, make money in peace? Free of judgement be it from restag or karma? If you’re officially joining the guild and seeking a rank I’m glad you came also I hope that’s not my cheese... I warp to the bottom edge of karma To get aged goat cheese from Sea Breese village... if your eating my cheese I’ll send you to get more”
Despite the situation of orcs invading the centre of karma, Shiki was very adamant that people not eat his cheese, olives or drink his grog.
though Gandolfi would be a help, two is better then one... the other three will probably form a plan. I’d hate to order them how to start on there trial but if it was me... evacuations of captives is most important. With me and Diego running distractions the other three should be able to save some people.
It’s up to them to decide.. I’m just to support and observe

A bit of jealousy twinged in his brow, I should of brung second breakfast as well.

Last edited:
Shiki’s comment was met with a flattered blush across the half-elf’s face; most compliments really drew out his shy side. That, and he had difficulty understanding sarcasm. As Diego came rushing at the last second, Phorcis lashed out his arm to grab the artificer so he could accompany them. “Cutting it close,” Phor informed him in the process of blinking down to meet Asht.

Watching the survivor of Grimdar depart, he remarked, “Fine fellow; I can tell he’ll make a difference with a bit of help.” It seemed Phor always had a kind word... except in the case of the orcish plague. He knew the mission in a broad sense before words could even escape his master’s mouth, so it didn’t come as a surprise when the tall order to kill fifty orcs and one leader was passed down to each attending member. While twenty arrows and fifty orcs were two heavily mismatched values, Phor knew there would be a surplus of ammunition, between the townsfolk and the orcs’ resource caches. He had no qualms with procuring on-site. “If three hunters can turn the tide of war, four or five can win it by a landslide. Don’t you think?” he chuckled reassuringly. From what he knew, all people in the guild could pull their weight and then some, in one way or another.

Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia NeonFlow NeonFlow

Last edited:
The moment a dragon was mentioned Hel shifted her weight, she had always wanted to fight a dragon and take its teeth as a trophy. However that task would wait for another day, Shiki talked about guild rankings and Hel raised an eyebrows. Ranks, in her opinion, were useless outside of the leader and perhaps second in command. Someone to walk the halls? What good do hallways do in a fight? She didn't care about any title that could be given to her, she came to fight creatures and save the weak. Politics could stay in the cities were it belonged. As Shiki held out his hands for the others to grab, Hel did so without hesitation. Warping magic still felt odd but it was damned useful, if not draining on the caster.

Arriving at their destination she glanced around the ruined farmland, at first glance it looked to be the work of Orcs. As Shiki sank to the ground a frown pulled at her lips, mana exhaustion was no laughing matter and Shiki was the perfect target while weakened. Hel knew the man could fight well, they all could, but should the enemy spot him he would practically be a dinner bell. That frown twisted upwards as he told the group their new trial. This would be a good fight, kill orcs and save people. "Good fights for a good cause. Consider it done." She rested a hand on her axe and looked to where they would be heading in.

Glancing back at Shiki she took note of his pale face, "We can handle this boss, you should focus on restoring your mana and staying out of sight. You look like shit right now, if those orcs spot you they'll make you a priority." Granted Hel had no intention of any Orc being able to focus on anyone but her, the others were good fighters yes. But she had a shield and could take getting knocked around. She looked to her companions for agreement.

Shiki’s eyes squinted in annoyance as Helmina informed him that ‘he looked like shit’ he gave a brief sigh. She meant it in a nice way she isn’t saying I’m shit...
“I, don’t need mana to sneak hunt or fight have some faith in the guild master, but I believe I gave you all a trial... don’t make me repeat myself.”
Naza pointed a thumb behind him as if implying to his team where to head “complete your tasks and meet me back here when the moons out. Work in a team or don’t either way don’t lie when we meet back up”

Last edited:
Diego calmly finished his food before pulling out a few odds and ends from his belt. “I came because of all the Orc cores that’ll be wasted if I wasn’t here. Heads up recruits.... any Orc Hearts you bring to me will be converted into Magical Core Crystals that I can use to either upgrade your weapons and Armor or craft entirely new gear for you. Of course, I won’t be doing this for free. I’ll be looking for an equal trade. So anything you deem valuable that you may happen to find while you’re out can be used as payment for my services.... you can also use coin but I’ll assume you want to keep that“ said Diego as he held up an Orc core that he had in his bag.

Diego saw this trial of theirs as an opportunity to make some coin and further his research into making finer magical items. He’d stick close to the Guild Master right now, just so he’d be safe to see what the hunters would bring him...

Shiki gave another sigh, “that doesn’t mean bring a hundred and fifty orc hearts back home.. only carve hearts out from those with a rank, a captain or a leader... grunts will just weigh you down”

Dorm rested on his haunches, not to channel Kinetic Sense, but to consider his options. He knew he'd have a harder time trying to take any one-on-one, especially once they knew he was there. Moving in quietly and slitting a few throats might get a few, but that wouldn't last long. He pulled out the rope he brought and instinctively started tying a leg snare trap as he approached the others at trial. "Shame I didn't bring more trapping materials. Orcs don't seem smart enough to avoid my traps." He finished the knot on the snare trap and threw it over his shoulder. "Ill shoot straight, im gonna need help here. We could all work together to get this done, but if that dosent suit someones fancy, i reckon i'd be useful to someone if they can help me get some orc dead for my trial." That was what Dorm figured was best. He was dubious at how many he could take on his own. He prepared for the worst case, figuring he could get a few off-guard, a few trapped, and a few of his own merit. Two days of that would cut it close, so he figured teaming up would be the move.

Last edited:
“Right, orcish leader hearts...” Phor sighed as he receded into the shadows and towards the brush. “I’ll do what I do best and scout ahead, learn their patrol routes, and thin their numbers by killing strays. If I’m lucky, I will find their food and supply caches and firebomb them. That will lower their morale, force them to scour the area for more food, thus scattering the roaches. So... wish me luck?” With that, he drew his bow and began slinking away, slowly enough for someone to stop him or follow if they so chose.

NeonFlow NeonFlow Kenku Kenku TheGuide TheGuide Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia

The most obvious threat in Grimdar at the moment would be the archers towers built around the territory and the patrolling Orcs. Each tower had a archer or two keeping watch, though some more vigilant then others. The ones by themselves more careful then the ones able to socialise.
"wish there was a pink skin to shoot."
"i like to aim for the knees, man makes a great sound when you take out their legs.."

Each patrol seemed to average at nine orcs each.
Led by a orc riding a wolf, and eight orcs marching behind them. Four orcs being archers with bows or crossbows, the other four holding shields and halberds.
20190721_153357.jpg
(Mostly built where the orcs plan to build walls, but these towers are also built for archers to keep watch)

The Orcs are keeping away from the Forrests. All manner of wild creatures lay in wait behind thick vegetation. Wolves, spiders, Gorgons being the most dangerous in Shiki's opinion... A wild gorgon in season? Not only do they have some of the toughest skin, (with the only soft spots being under the belly and the eyes) but in mating season gorgons become territorial, and release much more potent clouds of poison.gorgon.jpg

Shiki watched as the apprentices weighed options and began to make moves.
His plan was to search the Forrests and a bit beyond for orc scouts looking for runaways of grimdar.

The orcs had already built a quarter of the main fort, enough towers stood tall and structurally safe (enough) that they were being ordered to focus on the fort. Roars and cries of wolves could be heard. Perhaps some cages are deeper within Grimdar. Some of those orcs are terrified by beasts.
-----------
Its the first arc so I won't be killing off anyone yet, (Shiki is your safety net in this regard) so play smart and avoid making video game mistakes aha if you feel I could do better describing a scene or location please alert me in the OOC and I shall try to clarify better.

Kenku Kenku TheGuide TheGuide Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia Goonfire Goonfire

Last edited:
Phor slinked off, and Dorm felt it best not to tarry. He turned to Hel and gave a quick "You're welcome to join us unless you'd prefer to take this one on alone." With that, he went off after Phor. "Heres my plan. We let the patrols stray a bit from the towers, I rip a few off with my ropes and gut 'em that way, and then work out how to take down a whole patrol. I'm gonna need a longer weapon than these daggers to take on an orc that knows I'm there, so if we can kill a straggler with a longsword or halberd, ill be much better suited for a head-on fight." He pauses a brief moment. "I'm also excellent in the woods. I've no doubt there's some manner of a beast in this forest that I could trick into running into this camp and causing chaos, we could capitalize on that too." As he got his last sentence out, he could hear something. His honed ears from years of tracking picked up the careless stomps of an Orc returning from something, maybe a break of some sort, who was about to stumble upon them. As it turned the corner, shouted "Oi!", and readied its blade, Dorm was on it. In one motion he both whipped a bolas out of his pouch and flung it at the orcs knees, and drew a dagger. The bolas wrapped up the Orc before he could realize, brought him to the ground with a resounding THUD, and Dorm lept forward, driving his knife into the back of the orcs head. He wrenched it back out and flipped the monster over to make sure it was all the way dead. He then stood and wiped the viscera from his weapon. "Hopefully they're all like that, then I won't have had to be so worried."

---

sorry Goonfire Goonfire i used the wrong name, i'm trippin, i fixed it

Last edited:
In the bushes hiding in holes in the ground and on the trees moving slowly, Dorm, Diego, Helmina, Phor and Shiki
Could notice poisonous Silverback Spiders. Bigger then your hand there very insides are toxic but the fur and skin also make a handy pouch to hold it all... if you don’t mind dead legs twitching on you of course.

Closest to where the hunters teleported to is some sort of makeshift canteen. A archer tower is a few meters away in clear view but only one orc stands atop the tower with a bow. At least twenty other orcs of differing size ate some sort of meat off the bone, drank a foul smelling liquid, or prepared these two mystery delights. The liquid was flammable, a blind man could tell by the foul smell. It would hide any traces of poison if some could be found. Or blown up.

Two barrels stacked next to a large pot of the stuff was probably a indication that those pots empty fast. Two other orcs argued over cooking a humanoid carcass over a fire or to let it soak in the vat of water and bones that made a disgusting broth...to make soup for everyone.
"just make soup! We have plenty more meat in the man house"
"No, those aren't for eating. Yet. Those are for the captains... I'm gonna be a captain... I wanna make a little orc you know"
"then let's go do that! After you make soup! We can fill us up and then fill them up!"

Further along where the fort was being made a loud booming voice could be heard laughing.
"work harder you maggots! If you don't listen to your leader, I'll choke the life out of you myself..."
This orc stood a bit over six feet tall, he had bloody handprints all up his torso and face only wearing armour to protect his groin feet and and arms.
One hand free of a gauntlet however was stained red, Blood dripping from his jagged nails. He even had a orc acting as his echo "work you Slaves! Bubul has strangled worse then you for less!"

At the furthest end of grimgar, a orc ran from the trees shouting "gorgons!"
Apparently a hunt had gone wrong.
"Ashak got mauled by a gorgon!!"
"he had the map! Gather some hunters, go slay the beast! Get that map... Ashak was a weak captain... I'll Be captain! I'll slay the gorgon!!"

Many Orcs rallied off into the forest to defeat a beast,
if the gorgon killed a captain... And they kill a gorgon... they must be stronger then a captain.
Two towers at the end of grimgar are now unmanned. At least twenty five archers remain with high ground spread about grimdar.

(As Shiki is now taking a "behind the scenes observe/support role" I will mainly voice Enemy characters and monsters/beasts. I will describe various things your characters can see/hear/smell/notice and depending on your written actions as attempts you will either succeed or fail depending on factors I do the math on)

Last edited:
Phor eased away from the bushes, grimacing at these enormous silverback spiders. He then hatched another possible plan. “A soup, they say? Perhaps we could poison it and the other corpses with a dead spider... or some extracted venom?” he observed, eyeing Diego intently as he weighed the options. In the short time the others knew Phorcis, they quickly learned he had a habit of asking people’s thoughts in a subtle and roundabout way. Not only that, but he was no stranger to letting fast-acting poisons soak into the porous monster-bone arrowheads he crafted. In his opinion, poisons and fire were the most efficient eradication methods for a team in which the majority excelled in ranged fighting and indirect methods. “We could also edge one of your blades in this toxin,” he also added, addressing Hel this time.

Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia Kenku Kenku

8f418d13ab78d5175940e2fb3b5c034d.jpg
Owain
"Fly like the wind, Rhännon," Owain commanded his steed. The two of them rode hard, their path laid out before them. He had heard, too late, that the rest of his compatriots had already gone, and to where. Thus, Owain had set out after them, the thunder of Rhännon's hoofbeats heralding his approach. In shimmering silver armor, his lance held aloft as he rode, he typifyied the image of a gallant knight, off to do battle against a nameless evil.

The truth was, he was a sellsword, pursuing glory and coin. But whatever the truth was, at least he still looked the part. It was a long ride to Grimdar. Luckily, his horse did not tire. And he only got lost once, or maybe twice. Soon, soon, he'd be upon them. The battle was already raging. His blood boiled with the anticipation of sinking his spear into the soft belly of the first of many Orcs.

Avralina stepped back through the doors of the Hunters Guild after her gathering trip. Something about the outdoors spoke to her like no house, fort or castle ever could, regardless of its finery and riches. She supposed it was her Dark Elven roots. She didn't know where she got it from, but she could never remember disliking nature, whether it be deep caves or cavernous forests.

Shrugging her carry bag off her shoulders, she put it on the floor along with the rest of the things she'd carried up the steep hill climb to the fort. She smiled grimly. 'More poisons for yet more orcs. Sodded creatures.'

She rolled her shoulders and massaged her arms. What a day. Relaxation and then a good exercise. "Nothing like climbing very steep hills with a heavy load to get ones blood going," she muttered sarcastically, still secretly appreciative of the chance to get air and nature in peace. Staring around the hall, Avralina realised the whole reason she came back to the fort. As annoyance rose within her, she took a deep breath in and another out. 'How could I be so careless as to forget the time?' she thought, disappointed in herself. 'I knew this was coming. Of all days to be tardy...'

A sound came to her ears. Just slight, but audible with her heightened Elven senses all the same. She whipped around, relaxing when she saw the beast-kin, Storm. She nodded in greeting to Storm's silently pointed look. "I know. I'm late. Do you have a way to contact Shiki?"

Storm, the beast of few words and many pointed looks, particularly towards her, took a shining blue crystal out of his pocket and held it out to her. She stared at it in slight wonder. So many flaws, and yet still strikingly beautiful. She shook off the awe at the magic and beauty the crystal radiated and took it. "Thank you, Storm."

She picked up the bags and made her way to the room she borrowed at the fort, organising food, supplies and her precious bow and arrows. She hoisted them onto her shoulder and turned around.

Avralina was just beyond the boundary of her room when Storm stepped out in front of her. She looked back, tilting her head in a silent, 'What is it?' Being around someone like Storm tended to make communicating without words more of a norm, especially when you were Avralina; anti-social, easily annoyed and stoic to most. Storm nodded down another corridor and turned in that direction. Avralina followed silently, simply waiting until they arrived at their destination.

As it turned out, they found themselves in the stable, where Storm led her, not to a horse, but to a strange bird. She turned to Storm again in question. His eyes twinkled slightly, as though amused. "It is the fastest."

She gave him a flat look. "Shiki put you up to this," she stated flatly, moving to the bird. "Name?" she asked.

"Hekliss," Storm responded shortly, but Avralina was too good at reading his face to be blind to the smirk he was sending. She stared flatly once more, swung up onto the bird gracefully, not a single thing on her making more than the slightest clink, and urged the strange, flightless bird into action.

With one last glance back at Storm, she was already half way down from the fort. She had to admit that the bird was very fast and could effectively 'gallop' for hours on end, something that would kill a horse. After getting accustomed to the bird, she relaxed and waited for it to show signs of fatigue. Finally, three hours later, Hekliss suddenly stopped and would go no more. She slid off and patted the bird, allowing it to wander around, feeding and drinking.

Pulling the communication crystal from her pocket, she activated it. "Shiki?" she spoke. And then her briefing started, and a while later, finished. Finally, she remounted Hekliss and prepared herself for a long, solitary ride to the mission location. Not that she needed to prepare much. It wasn't a new thing to her.

Many hours later and half way into the trial, she found herself once more sliding down from the strange bird's back and into the thick of the chaos. Immediately, she drew her hood up and led Hekliss to a secluded piece of forest. "Stay," she ordered sternly, nodding in satisfaction when Hekliss sat down and stared back at her.

And then she was gone, blending into the forest and the trial's second day like a grass blade's shadow; small and unnoticeable. She would have to find some of the others, but she could support from the shadows for now.

Last edited:
The orc Dorm killed was actually one of the orcs with manners of some sort. He had gone into the bushes to piss, shame it ended with a stab to the brain... he had a decent jagged long sword though. For a orc anyway, it was dirty but it was sharp.

From this position Dorm could see the orc on the tower walking to one end and back. The orc occasionally aimed his crossbow at the feasting orcs. Must have been bored or jealous. One could easily climb the tower from any side but the ladder was facing the canteen.
TheGuide TheGuide

The two orcs arguing about food came to the compromise of cutting the corpse in half. The bottom half would be for a stew, the top half was for chewing.
Two orcs emptied a barrel of grog into the vat. The orcs in this area seem much more dopey then a average orc. Guess they have been on break for a while.
As one orc starting spewing two others literally picked him up and threw him to the dirt away from where the tables are.
Goonfire Goonfire Kenku Kenku

The orc patrols moved from the canteen, along the territory toward the fort, and then to where the orc hunters have set up tents and cages.
It seemed one of the three patrols would be at one of these locations at any time. (Not that they had this timed out. They just searched for pink skins on the loose)

Once the apprentice's had moved on Shiki turned his head toward Gandolfi.
"I'm going to start having a scout about myself... are you gonna wait here for materials or do you want to get your hands dirty with me?"
A smirk formed on the man's lips but it was obvious by his tone that some murder would be happening by his hands today.
Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia

Last edited:
After Dorm resheathed his knife, he knelt down and picked up the longsword the Orc had been carrying. He lifted it dubiously. "A bit tip heavy innit," He said, still considering. After a moment of deliberation, he concluded that when all you use is daggers, every other blade is tip-heavy, so he finished with a "but it'll do." He moved along carefully, silently like he was tracking some serious game. He approached the tower with the crossbow orc. That bastard was nothing but a liability to not just Dorm, but the other trial-goers as well, so he decided to take care of him too. When the Orc wasn't looking, he scrambled up the tower from the side at his back, and put him in a chokehold, with an arm over his mouth. The Orc kicked and thrashed as hard as he could, and had he be been more prepared he might have made it out as it was almost too much for Dorm to handle. but alas, he was simply too off guard and eventually the life was squeezed out of him. Dorm let go of his with a sigh. "That was too close. Noted." He rose to his feet and decided he better toss the orc off the edge of the tower so there wasn't a body for them to investigate, whether they thought it was dead or just napping on the job. He dragged the limp body to one end and heaved, and the Orc met the earth with a similar thud to the last but multiplied many folds. The shock snapped Dorm to his senses, apparently restraining the orc drained him to the point that he had forgone his usual silentness. He quickly scrambled down the tower, grabbed the sword he nabbed, and dragged the Orc into some brush which he also hid in himself. He wanted to lie low for a minute, because he was worried that nearby patrol might have heard what he just did.

Seeing the others were getting their head starts, Phor took advantage of their actions. After impaling a silverback spider with his longsword—resulting in said spider’s swift death—he shimmied past the now-vacant guard tower and behind another tree, only to take a quick moment to poison his arrows. The sharp bone tips pierced the chitin fairly easily, lethal juices dripping onto them.

To test their effectiveness, Phorcis spied an orc with a spear chasing a stray dog towards the forest. Leaving the sword on the ground, he took his recurve bow, knocked the arrow, and then aimed. There wasn’t much wind opposing him, so he didn’t give the orc much lead. Before the orc could throw the spear at the faster dog, the arrow breached the thick green flesh, rupturing its diaphragm. That would be a slow and painful death, but after roughly fifteen seconds of coughing and gagging, this abomination slipped out of consciousness, dying shortly after. Phor, who was mildly pleased with the success, dragged the corpse by its ankles into the tree line and left it there. His arrow, though... It was a goner, just like his first target of the hunt. After packing up his poison arrows and sword again, he cautiously receded into the shadows, seeking to strike again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back