• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic The Hunted: Silver Lining

It had been two years since Jason had escaped the worst hell he had ever known. Over that time he'd grown both physically and mentally. He was currently in a store doing the shopping for the week and somehow he knew he was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Jason had developed his gift over many years and could sense to movements of everything within his area. He had been pushing the wobbly shopping cart dowb the aisle and noticed three distinct individuals had been coordinating their movement with his signaling that they were following him. Jason chose not to be fazed by the issue and knew that something would go down eventually. He pushed the wobbly shopping cart to the end of the aisle and turned the corner to come basket to basket with a girl around his age. "Oh. Hehe. Sorry about that." She said. Jason just stood there staring at the girl before he ducked just in time to dodge a glass jar of jam that was being swung at his head. He kicked his shopping kart causing it to knock the girl in front of him over before use his telekinesis to throw the assailant behind him back.

Jason took off down the aisle he had been on racing toward the front of the store. A man in a black hood stood in his way with bright blue flames in his hands. Jason dodged two hot balls of fire before using his telekinesis to barrel through the man. When he made it outside he made his way across the busy street and into an alley that led directly to a brick wall. "Wow... Pretty boy cornered?" A deep husky voice mocked. Jason turned to see the girl, a tall lanky guy, and the hooded one. "Nah... Just waiting." Jason replied. "Waiting for what? No one is here to save you." The hooded figure chuckled, but Jason simply waited. "She'll be here."

Stormblooded Stormblooded

Halo waited outside the store in an old, beat up jeep that she'd been able to pick up for cheap. She drummed her thumbs on the steering wheel with a huff, when she noticed a group move towards the store's entrance. Within seconds, she watched as Jason tore out of the store and across the intersection. "Of fucking course." She growled, thrusting open the door of the car. Tossing her jacket into the car, she broke off into a sprint towards the alley she'd seen the group duck into. She quickly scaled her way up one of the two buildings, and peered down at the commotion below.

Smirking, Halo leaped down from the building, morphing her form into that of a silverback gorilla. She slammed into the lanky boy at full force, hearing him cry out along with the sound of several bones snapping. She let out a roar, tossing her arms out to the side before reaching for the girl to her right and swinging her arm to push her into the brick wall.
Loke Fullbuster Loke Fullbuster

Jason smirked as the last guy fell onto his back, startled by the appearance of the silverback gorilla that had incapacitated his friends. The man had gone to far into the alley to reach people in time and waited for them to do something. Jason calmly approached Halo and the man, his boots coming to a stop in a puddle of water with an oily film over it. "I'm going to ask you this one time, and one time only... Why were you following me?" Jason spoke squatting next to the man.

Jason's former attacker nervously shifted his eyes between Jason and the Gorilla wondering how he should play it. "The gorilla could definently take me, but if I could just angle my hand toward the kid and blast him, I'd have an opening." He thought in his head.

"You wouldn't." Jason said. "The minute you blast me my friend will crush you. By the way, your friends aren't dead and you wont be either IF you answer the question."

"Fine. But please. Just dont hurt me." The man begged, warranting a nod of assurance from Jason. "You two. You were the only survivors from that compound two years ago. We know what went on in there. You killed our people. And we're gonna kill y-" Jason used his telekinesis to slam the mans head into the ground knocking him unconcious. "We've heard enough." Jason said standing. "We need to get back on the road. Lets get to the jeep before more of them show up.

Halo sighed, shrinking back to her normal form. She stood up and brushed herself off. "Again with that bullshit. They act like we wanted what happened. They act like we didn't-" She spat at the ground and started walking out of the alley. "C'mon, lets get out of here." She muttered, with one last glare at the three that had ambushed Jason. She crossed the street, not bothering to watch for cars, and climbed her way back into the jeep.
Halo started the ignition, and opened the door for Jason, before feeling around in the pockets of her jacket, only stopping when she found the carton she was looking for. She pressed a cigarette between her lips and lit it. She briefly inhaled the thick smoke, before blowing it out of her nose. "Where are we going now? Seein' as we planned to lay low here for a bit, and all."

"We aren't safe in the country." Jason said using his telekinesis to take the cigarette and throw it out of the car window. "I have an idea where we could go but we need to get to California first." He pulled out the map from the glove compartment and studied it. "So we're here." He said pointing to the small jut out that was Rhode Island. "It'll be a three day drive. We take as little breaks as possible, and we can take turns driving and rest up as much as possible alright?" Jason planned waiting for Halo's approval. "Drive before the cops show up."

Halo's lip curled in a snarl as she reached down and pulled out another cigarette. "These things aren't exactly cheap, kid." She glared, switching the car into drive and pulling out of the parking lot. She drove up to the intersection's light before turning to face Jason. "Cali? What's gonna help us in California? Besides, you never learned how to drive." Her eyes snapped back to the road as the light turned green. "Besides, are you suggesting we go to canada??"

"I know how to drive." Jason said. "A long time ago I brain tapped someone and took the knowledge of driving from their brain directly, and if you're going to smoke..." Jason retrieved took the pack out of Halo's pocket and threw it in the back seat. "Dont do it around me. I would prefer not to destroy my body." He continued studying the map. "No. We're going overseas. The Budman group doesn't have any business in Russia. We can lie low there."

Halo had to swerve in order to keep the car straight as she nearly slammed her foot on the brake. "Russia? Jason, you've lost your damn mind!" She quickly pulled over and parked the car, turning on her flashers. "Jason... It- It was hard enough leaving the house. It was hard enough getting a few states out, how do you expect us to get to Russia? And the money? Where are we gonna get that much money from?" She sighed, defeated, and rested her head on the steering wheel.
"I could... I could send you off, and go down South, and keep them off your trail for a while. I could do that. Hide out in the woods, I could last long enough for you to get there..." Halo began rambling to herself.

"You and I both know that we wouldnt make it without one another. We're barely surviving with just the two of us, if we seperate It'll be the end for us and we wont get to see an end to any of this." Jason looked out of the window. "Lets focus on driving first. We deal with things as they come up alright?" The pack of cigarettes flew back into his hand and he stretched them out towards Halo as an offering and an attempt to calm her down.

Halo sighed. "Yeah, yeah you're right. Sorry, I didn't mean to freak out on you like that." She took a deep breath. "One step at a time..." She exhaled.
Halo gave a somber smile as Jason offered her the cigarettes, and tossed it right back into the seat behind. "Nah, wouldn't want to destroy your precious bodyyyy." She smirked, shifting the car out of park. "Lets see if we can't get at least to Kentucky by tonight." Her voice brightened, as she slid a CD into the player and began towards the highway.

Jason had quickly fallen asleep. The night before he had stayed up keeping watch and had been too uneasy to sleep. Although he rested now his nightmares were filled with precious metals being thrown into a fire and slowly being melted down until there was nothing left but magma that burned and destroyed everything in its path. When Jason opened his eyes once more the scenery was completely different. They were driving through an area of the highway with woods on both sides. He noticed an increased presence of big rig trucks as per usual during the night hours.

"What state are we in?" Jason asked, retrieving the map that had fallen in between his legs and studying it.

Halo dared a quick glance to her right and smirked. "Mornin sleeping beauty!" She yawned. She rubbed her eyes as dawn crested over them. "Figured I'd shed some uh..." she blinked a few times, regaining her train of thought. "Shed some time, an kept driving. We're about halfway through Missouri right now." She slurred slowly.

"Pull into the next rest stop you see." Jason said. "We can get snacks and restroom break and then I'll drive through until the afternoon." Jason checked his watch. "10pm... Hmm." This number held some relevance to him and their current situation he didn't know how or why he knew that but he did.

Halo blinked slowly and shook her head. "N-nah, I can keep- uuuuuuuuuuuuh" She trailed off once more. "Yeah, maybe you should drive..." She nodded, stopping at the nearest light. "Gas station ahead. Peeeerfect." She made her way in the direction of the station, and turned the car off.
"Go grab some snacks for the both of us, and a case of monsters.God knows I'll need em later." She said, handing Jason a wad of ones and fives. "I'll fill up the jeep. DON'T get into any trouble." She said, before turning her attention to the gas pumps.

Jason nodded and headed into the store and went to the back to use the bathroom. After taking a well deserved leak he turned to the sink to wash his hands before realising there was no soap. "You've got to be kidding me." He rinsed his hands and went out to the front to buy sanitizer, two travel tooth brush kits, a pack of water and monster, various snacks, and other random helpful utensils. He used mind control on the cashier to be allowed to take it for free, before leaving with all the bags and putting them in the backseat. "You can go take a leak. I've got it from here." He said to Halo.

Halo nodded, sealing the gas tank and handing the keys to Jason. "Crash my car and I'll break your arm." She said slowly, pulling his head close to whisper in his ear. She ruffled his hair. "I'm just messing with you, but I will be pissed." She said before making her way into the gas station. She noticed a man watching her enter and continue to follow her with his gaze as the crossed to the back of the small building. Ignoring him, Halo continued about her business and promptly returned to the jeep, climbing into the passenger seat.

"I saw him too." Jason said. "The guy watching you, did the same thing to me. Should we take care of him or should we go?" Jason said cautiously searching the are around the gas station and the jeep. "Your call."

Halo raised an eyebrow at Jason and thought for a moment.
"He could have backup waiting, but that also means he could have people tailing us." She reached back and cracked open one of the monster cans, and took a heavy swig from it. "Might as well deal with it now." She grumbled, wiping her mouth with her jacket sleeve.

Jason nodded. "Sadly I agree with you." Jason turned back towards the store and began walking towards it. The guy was in a beige trenchcoat, white tie, black shirt, and was headed right for them. Jason, taken aback by the guys bold behavior, held an arm out to keep Halo from going any further. "Halo... Stop... I'm..." Jason began to shake violently. The blood vessels in his eyes began to inflame causing the whites to redden. "GRAAAAHHHHH!" Jason dropped to the ground siezing, his mouth grew frothy with saliva. "STOPPPP! PLEASE!" He screamed.

“Jason?” Halo started, as the younger boy began to shake. Her heartrate spiked dramatically when he fell to the ground, and she dropped and crouched beside him, eyes wide, palms sweating.
“What do I do? What do I do? What do I-“ her breathing became shallow and erratic, the panic fully setting in.
Her head snapped up at the man who was stalking towards them.
“YOU.” Halo herself began shaking, as fur sprouted out all across her body, and her nails shaprened into claws. She stood, snarling, now in a bipedal lion form. “What the fuck did you DO TO HIM?” She roared, before dropping onto all fours and charging at the strange man. Loke Fullbuster Loke Fullbuster

The man stood there with his hands in his pockets. As Halo charged towards him, more of his features began to define themselves in the dimly lit gas station. Florescent light reflected off of his jet black hair that hung down to his chin. A patch of wirey hairs marked the beginnings of a beard. Closed eyes and his calm expression displayed his confidence in his power. These features came together to create a the resolute Sato Kiriyama, a 23 year old Japanese immigrant. As the space between Halo and her alleged attacker closed she began to tire. Her arms and legs grew weak until she was at a crawl before the man. He said nothing. The heels of his leather shoes clicked against the cement as he walked over the the downed girl and struck her in the jaw with the top of his foot, causing her to fall onto her chest. "I had half a mind to kill you two... But you're stronger than I originally thought." His voice came out crisp and clear, strengthening his image of resolve. Turning over his shoulder he uttered something as if talking to someone, then before the Halo and Jason knew it, everything went black.

Jason woke up in what seemed to be the covered bed of a pick up truck. His back stung with a soreness that felt as if he'd been lying there for days. Light filtered in through the holes in the beds covering allowing him to discern what time of day it was; dawn. Jason moved to place his hands against the trucks bottom but realized both his feet and hands where bound, and for some reason his powers wouldn't activate. He rolled over and noticed an unconscious Halo beside him. "Halo... Wake up." He said shouldering his friend. The truck went over a large hump the two to jump with it, Jason landing on his back with a resounding thud. "What happened? Where are we?" He thought, waiting for his friend to awaken.

“Halo... Wake up.”
“JASON?”
Her eyes snapped open, and Halo shot up from the face-down position she’d been in. Her head smacked against the cover of the truck, and she rocketed back down, onto her chin. God, her whole jaw hurt like hell. She went to wipe off some blood that had crusted along her chin, only to find herself heavily restrained.
“Of fucking course.” She growled, before turning and finally noticing Jason.
“Are you hurt? One fucking guy. I couldn’t even protect you from one guy.” She muttered. Her eyes flicked up to the bed cover, and she twisted herself and began to throw her back and shoulders against the thick... plastic? Metal? Either way, each strike sent a wave of pain down her spine.

"There were more of them, we wouldn't have gotten far. Somehow they had managed to conceal themselves from my teleosense but that's besides the point." He worked his shoulders in a way that they were supporting his sore and probably bruised back. "Under normal circumstances I would say we come up with a plan but there's nothing we can do. That guy was probably a telepath so theres no use. They know we're awake and they know what we're thinking. All we can do is wait and see where this goes.

The truck slowed to a stop a few minutes later. Jason heard the sound of car doors slamming closed and then the door to the bed of the truck being opened. Cold hands gripped his ankles and began dragging him out. Jason instinctively struggled but it was no use. Realizing that no hand had reached out to support his back Jason braced himself to hit the ground, but he didn't. He opened his eyes to see the man from before standing next to a younger girl whose hands were extended to he and Halo. "You have 5 questions... ask away." The man said. Jason could think of nothing, only how familiar the man looked.

Halo gritted her teeth as she was pulled from the truck, and remained calm, if only for Jason’s sake.
She glared at the man before her, and looked confused at the sight of the younger girl.
“Five...” she glanced over and waited for Jason to speak. When he didn’t, Halo looked at the man and raised her chin in a snarl.
“Who are you? Where are we? What do you want from us? Are you planning on letting us go? If not, are you planning on killing us, and if yes to that, are you at least gonna give us a fair fight?” She spat. She tried yet again to call on her transformations, but to no response.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back