• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern The Hungry Wheel [Closed]

Squad141

The Purple Soul
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Where realms of fantasy and fun come to meet you...
Come experience the magicks of the
Night Circus!

It was years ago.

You can't run from it anymore.
You'll have to confront it eventually.

The year was 1997, and people from across the midwestern United States were driving to Ludick, Ohio. While entertainment centers like Disneyland and Cedar Point attracted their own business, especially from the coasts, none were as popular among the American middlefolk as Mobilium Park. This gravity wasn't lost on it's visitors; it was nearly impossible for a brand, especially an amusement park, to rival other major corporations without any pre-existing material. But Mobilium pushed forward, and while drawing from a few public domains, established it's own lore: The Night Circus. A circus-themed group of entertainers who allied themselves with various kingdoms during their travels and settled down together as the Park itself. Mobilium in this context was the centerpoint where each of these different realms interacts with one another, making up the various Park regions and thematic rides. From Japanese folktales to the realm of the Fae, the variety and consistency kept families coming back each year.

On one seemingly average running day in September, a great tragedy struck. The Park was closed, the brand ruined.

Decades in the future, and four strangers of varying ages and backgrounds are haunted by events in their past. When a strange fog rolls in, they find themselves on the outskirts of Ludick without anyway out. Now, they must reckon with their beasts, given physical form in the unyielding mists of the town and deeper in, the Park.

There Mobilium sleeps. Waiting.

Four people drowning and fighting for air.

The Hungry Wheel is an exploratory horror story that wears its inspiration on its sleeve. While it definitely draws from Silent Hill, it also is heavily inspired by Cry of Fear and Visage. In it, interested parties will play as one of four strangers who have found themselves trapped in the small town of Ludick, or more forebodingly, the Park that lies at it's center, and the main attraction of this story.

I don't intend for this to be drastically long; in comparison, I think the best way to describe my desired length is Silent Hill or Cry of Fear. When the characters find a stopping point, whether that's escape or not, that will be the end of the story. As a warning, due to the nature of the horror genre there may be some darker topics covered. If you are interest, please express anything you're expressly uncomfortable with, and I'll edit the story in any case.

If you are interested, then what I'm looking for is at least semi-lit (but I won't hold any post standards, since I like quality over quantity). Beyond that, there won't be any defined character roles to allow for more character freedom, though it won't be first-come-first-serve. If you're still into it, share what your favorite horror media is below with your interest!

This sounds amazing!
I would say that I am a fan of psychological horror, though my one true love is probably slasher movies

I’m interested in this. Although it depends on what parts of Silent Hill are “Silent Hill” to you?

My favorite horror series is probably Junji Ito’s Tomie manga series, since I feel it’d be cheating to select The SCP Foundation as a whole, because even though it’s mostly horror, it’s a collaborative piece with so much more to offer than just murder monsters and psychological horror.

Interested definitely say I am very interested in sci-fi horror too!

I’m interested in this. Although it depends on what parts of Silent Hill are “Silent Hill” to you?

My favorite horror series is probably Junji Ito’s Tomie manga series, since I feel it’d be cheating to select The SCP Foundation as a whole, because even though it’s mostly horror, it’s a collaborative piece with so much more to offer than just murder monsters and psychological horror.
My favorite parts of Silent Hill are probabaly exemplified best in the second game. The use of symbolism in both the Otherworld, the town, the characters, and the monsters is one of my favorite ways of inducing terror.

And I agree on the SCP bit! Love some of the weirder ones.

My favorite parts of Silent Hill are probabaly exemplified best in the second game. The use of symbolism in both the Otherworld, the town, the characters, and the monsters is one of my favorite ways of inducing terror.

And I agree on the SCP bit! Love some of the weirder ones.
I can definitely come up with some neat ideas for symbolism, although people seem generally averse to inviting me to these things for whatever reason.

Definitely interested! Liminal space horror is what gets me most of the time, but any will do. Very exciting!

And that’s four! I’ll get to work on our other threads, but for now, this thread is officially closed for the time being!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back