• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern 〖 ♡ ♧ the house of cards || a spy academy rp ♤ ♢ 〗

geminiy

v tired
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

• H

C

♡design by dreamglow, coded by uxie♡

tumblr_msh818mbeq1qlym8ko1_400.gifv

♡ OVERVIEW ♡
The letter was in your hands, thick parchment encased by a matte black envelope and sealed with gold wax. There was no address, no sender, nothing to signify where the letter came from or who the intended recipient was. Somehow, you knew that letter belonged to you. Plucking off the gold wax seal, embossed with the symbols of a heart, a spade, a diamond, and a club, you pulled free the letter.

272 Exploratorem Avenue, Schwangau, Germany

September 1, 2023. 8:15amGMT

We are watching.

THE HOUSE OF CARDS MUST NOT FALL

Perhaps you thought the letter was some elaborate prank, someone trying to get some stupid revenge or scare you into doing something. Or maybe, just maybe, you’d come to notice the cars that had been following you, the watchful eyes peering at you over a cup of coffee and a leatherbound notebook. Something compelled you to book transit to Germany in the following days, some sort of intuition calling to you. Someone had noticed you, taken interest in your activities, and that someone had given you an opportunity for a new beginning.

Whatever the reason, you found yourself standing at the large guard tower doors to a mighty castle that you would soon come to call home: Court Private University, highly prestigious and by invitation only. The school boasts a plethora of degrees and star-studded alumni, making it seem like some sort of fancy university on the outside. But behind the heavy iron doors, the school boasted a large secret.

Welcome to the House of Cards, the most secretive and powerful intelligence agency in the world. Something appealed to the school, be it your incredible athleticism or your brilliant mind or your affinity for coercion and scamming or something else entirely, they have invited you to be among their ranks. You are the best of the best and now, the school will train you to become a member of their organisation.

Paired with other recruits of similar talent levels, you and your new squad must face an abundance of challenges, designed to break your mind, body, and soul, to test your limits and extend your abilities far beyond anything imaginable.

Good luck, recruit. Stay strong, stay safe, and remember that the House of Cards must not fall.

〖 ♡ ♧ ♤ ♢ 〗

Hey there! As you have just read, this RP will follow twelve members of the academy, formed in a task force squad and all training to become elite members of the international spy ring, the House of Cards.

The RP will follow the crew as they explore, learn, live, and participate in missions as well as activities within the academy itself. It will be a slice of life x action sort of crossover with emphasis on characters and character growth. I am also hoping to have each writer think up different missions / arcs that the characters can go through so that the plot is as collaborative as possible!

If you’re interested in joining, please let me know down below. I look forward to meeting you all!

RULES
♡ general ♡
As always, RPN TOS is first and foremost. Roleplaying should take place within a comfortable, safe, and supportive setting. This means that discriminatory / rude / overly dramatic behaviour of any sort will not be tolerated. Everyone deserves to feel safe and supported.

♢ themes ♢
This RP will contain several heavy topics, within reason of course. For this reason, I ask that all writers applying be over the age of 18. That being said, if there are any topics that are a harsh no for you, please don’t hesitate to let me know and I’ll do my very best to accommodate.

♧ activity ♧
Due to the nature of the plot and universe, this RP will require a lot of activity, plotting, and input from all writers involved. I want this to be a project we can all share and work on together. This will require weekly postings and regular activity in the mandatory discord server.

♤ characters ♤
Characters are not first come, first served. I will be selecting characters that fit the overall vibe and will work with the group best first, largely because the number of characters is limited to twelve. The more diversity for the characters, the better. This includes geographic diversity, ethnic / gender / sexuality diversity, diversity of talents, etc.. Additionally, please note that all characters must have realistic faceclaims.

♡ writing level ♡
Once again, due to the nature of the roleplay, activity will be super important. I am not looking for 2000+ word posts ten times per week, nor am I looking for someone to write a one-liner every other week. Quality over quantity always! To put a label on it, I’m looking for semi-lit to lit writers to be able to post a few paragraphs a few times per week minimum, more is always encouraged if you’re feelin it!

ROLES
there will be three members in each house for a total of twelve members of the house of cards

♡ the house of hearts (medicine) ♡ 0/3
the entire group would collapse without the house of hearts there to heal them. whether they are aspiring doctors and combat medics or just have a knack for patching busted people up, the house of hearts keeps their teammates going when they've been injured and in their prime shape in their downtime. they also spend their time researching new medicine and healing techniques and technologies.

♧ the house of clubs (combat) ♧ 1/3
maybe not the sneakiest of the bunch, the house of clubs provides all the muscle and technical fighting talent the group could ever need. the kind of people to jump right into the action, these fighters seem fearless and downright lethal. no one in the group can fight better than the kids from the house of clubs and without them, the group would be in grave danger. whether trained in physical hand-to-hand combat, martial arts, or weaponry, the house of clubs is responsible for protecting the group, acting as body guards, and training the rest of the group in combat.

♤ the house of spades (technology) ♤ 0/3
where there is brawn, there is also brain. in this case, the brains belong to the people in the house of spades, technical geniuses who excel with machinery and computers. the crazy gadgets and ideas they think up can be brought to fruition with ease (and occasionally a small lab fire). the spades think they're the cool hackers in every spy movie ever but they're far more versatile than that. they've got all the info on what to look for in the field, how to best repair tech for the clubs and the hearts, and are generally just very intelligent people.

♢ the house of diamonds (intelligence) ♢ 2/3​
without the diamonds, there would be no information to try to track down, no leads to follow, no suspects to investigate. the house of diamonds are the people that flirt, con, and charm their way into the information they need. whether they have sticky fingers or a silver tongue, these people are experts in getting what they want, when they want it. they are also great at detecting human behaviour and are often used as both investigators and interrogators. the diamonds are also great at making tough calls and tend to walk a more moral grey zone than the others. regardless, they've got what they need to get the job done and really, that's all that matters.

LINKS
temporary ooc character sheets ♤ main ♢

Last edited:
Even though I'm already there we'll pretend that I'm not

Oh wow such a cool idea. I'm in!

New to this site so I'm not sure how things work, do I just post my character sheet in the CS thread and I'll be told if I'm good to join? Oh yeah and does realistic necessarily mean real life or can it be art that's not too heavily stylized? Or can I skip the faceclaim maybe and just use a description?

Last edited:
New to this site so I'm not sure how things work, do I just post my character sheet in the CS thread and I'll be told if I'm good to join? Oh yeah and does realistic necessarily mean real life or can it be art that's not too heavily stylized? Or can I skip the faceclaim maybe and just use a description?
hey welcome to the site! You’ve pretty much got it down with where to post the sheet and everything. In this case, I’ll be looking through the sheets and letting people know if their character will be invited in or not since the spots are limited.

As for the faceclaims, realistic almost always means a real person. In this case, it means we are looking for a real person to use, people typically go with actors. Due to personal preference, I do ask that you have a realistic faceclaim.

hey welcome to the site! You’ve pretty much got it down with where to post the sheet and everything. In this case, I’ll be looking through the sheets and letting people know if their character will be invited in or not since the spots are limited.

As for the faceclaims, realistic almost always means a real person. In this case, it means we are looking for a real person to use, people typically go with actors. Due to personal preference, I do ask that you have a realistic faceclaim.
Ah okay, thanks. Never used faceclaims before but I'll try to find a good one lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back