• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Hollow (OOC)

I know and I love you, just wanted to give a heads up that I really really like controversial humor like "What are you, fucking gay?" to all my close (gay) friends. Double points because I'm bisexual. Tell me to shut up and fuck off if you think I'm being a jerk.

Listen, I do the EXACT same thing, and actually use "I'm too gay for that" as an excuse for doing not doing things. Technically, I'm bisexual, but I said "I'm so gay" so many times at school that everyone believes me, and I don't care either way. I'm pretty chill about all gruesome humor types, I mean.. I do attend a public high school and a community college. If I got offended by being called gay, I REALLY shouldn't have cut my hair short and stocked up on my plaid.

ALSO ALSO:
DO NOT DROWN ANYONE YET Please. Ian needs to be at the dock before anyone disappears, he would just call 911 if all his friends went missing. He really is hydrophobic.

I am so sorry everyone I keep trying to make my post but I just won't stop dozing off. I'll have like half a sentence written and then a bunch of gibberish from my face hitting the keyboard. I haven't slept for a dayish and I need a nap. Feel free to skip me if it seems like I'm taking too long :3

I am so sorry everyone I keep trying to make my post but I just won't stop dozing off. I'll have like half a sentence written and then a bunch of gibberish from my face hitting the keyboard. I haven't slept for a dayish and I need a nap. Feel free to skip me if it seems like I'm taking too long :3
Oh, honey. Sleep. We'll still be here when you wake up.

With how close we are to getting to the Hollow, I'd rather not skip anyone at this current moment. c:

However, to cover a future thing that I thought about: If the group splits up and the admin's of the characters for one group are on while the others aren't, or two characters are directly interacting and their actions won't disturb the rest of the group (i.e., sneaking off during the night), then those people can go on and post once we get deeper in.

ALSO, toying with the idea of posting a list of basic information about the Hollow, so that if anyone wants to use some minor characters to help the plot flow along they can? It's not EXACTLY a generic fantasy world, after all. What do you guys think?

(Also, I say 'admin' of the character as in the person controlling that character. On the site I used to roleplay on, that's what we called them. cx Also roleplays in lit style were called soaps, (as in soap opera) and script style roleplays were.. Called roleplays. I STILL type 'soap' sometimes when I go to say something. x.x Just wanted to clarify.)

Don't just overload yourself tho, Andi.

So, I don't remember if I've mentioned it, but this plot has existed for YEARS. It's so developed beyond the plot starter that I use for the soap. Like, I have thousands of ideas of little things that could happen and just. So much so that this might end up being the first book I write (if I ever get around to doing that), albeit with a LOT of different stuff. It actually has a sister plot, Through the Wishing Well, which is a 1x1 that, if I ever wrote the book, would become the sequel that ties into the Hollow and merges together for the third book, but hey, I might never actually do that!

But basically, the world is already so developed in my mind that I probably CAN'T overload myself, only you guys. Speaking of which, if you have any world building tips, I'd love to include them because jfc, I love world building, I like (attempting to) drawing maps, it's right below the actual roleplaying on the list of my favorite things.

FUN FACTS:

· The Queen’s family has been in power since the first Demonic War, and she is a direct descendant from one of the Warlocks who stayed, although she is primarily elf. She is also slightly unstable, but hey, if you were under so much stress.. You would be, too.

· There are these HUGE paintings in the grand hall off all the past rulers, but there is a whole wall dedicated to the six warlocks who went through- Once matching up to each of our babes. The designs on the frames are rumored to be messages that only their descendants can understand, but no one knows if this is true- After all, the paintings were only hung after the warlocks sacrificed themselves.

· The kingdom our group is arriving in is called Aideleson, the planet itself is called the Hollow due to the first race believing that the planet was, in fact, hollow. (This isn’t true, the core is similar to Earth.) There are over twenty kingdoms at current, on the three major landmasses, and a few hundred island chains, not all of them mapped. Aideleson is a peninsula.

· Aideleson is the ONLY kingdom to welcome humans, and just barely so. In many of the others, fraternizing with one could be cause for… Well. Execution.

· The sea isn’t like the ones here, guys: Mermaids. Sirens. All types of icky creatures. The water changes colors depending on which part of the ocean one is in, from crystal clear to a briiiiight af blue color, to black as tar, and startlingly mirror-like. It’s not safe to drink, but not because of the salt levels- It’s acidic, the darker it gets, the more dangerous it is to swim in/drink from/sail in/fish from. The water is clearer the closer to land one gets, but calmest the bluer it is.

· Because of how acidic and dangerous the ocean is, more countries don’t have navies- There are, instead, pirates who work for hire. Their ships are normally either enchanted to withstand the acidity of the water, or built from a certain rare metal. Pirates are extremely rich and dangerous.

· Dragons. So. Many. Dragons. Some are good, trainable and social. Others, not so much… And you can only tell by the shape of their teeth, so have fun trying to figure it out.

· There is a race of deer with three very curly, transparent-white horns. They’ve been hunted to near extinction, because their horns can be used to enchant swords and other weapons, giving them the ability to destroy the demonic race attacking the Hollow. Although it only takes a VERY small amount of the horn, the armies are huge- And you can’t take the horn without killing the deer.

· Unicorns and Pegasus. Their horns and wings hold similar properties, but the prince claimed them as his sacred animals and a law was passed to protect them, as well as a spell- Anyone who kills a unicorn or Pegasus gets a glowing red brand on their arm (I’ll explain in a moment) and is executed shortly after, without fail.

· Glowing brands, like the ones the cowboys used to use on cattle. The ones that appear on those who break the Unicorn Law are rather simple. Other brands, like tracking ones that serve as Parole bracelets, or slave markings, must be done with an actual enchanted branding iron. Some, such as the tracking brand, never properly heal.

· Some humanoid species within the Hollow are Demonic races, but are extremely more advanced and cultured that the things attacking. However, despite the clear differences between them, Demonic races still face extreme prejudice.

· There is currently a famine in Aideleson. Due to that and the war, multiple villages have come to reside within the city walls, some of them taking refuge in the castle. However, no more refugees are being allowed in because of the food crisis and rapid spread of disease. No one tries to leave despite this.

· Aidelesians are extremely religious, and worship the mountain Gods. This is because not only are the tips of the mountains entirely obscured by clouds, but no one has ever been able to travel to the top of them. Magic is stronger and easier to practice the closer you are to them, and they seem to encourage certain positive traits in people. Some sectors worship only one god, and refer to the mountains as the “fingers of God.”

· The Prince, born without a father to the public’s knowledge, is considered a “gift from the gods/god.” However, ever since reaching adulthood and becoming heir to the throne, the kingdom hasn’t seen much of him. As a teenager, he was very reckless, rebellious and destructive, often getting into trouble. The people loved him because stories of his disobedience and toils distracted them from the reality of their situation, but not much has been said lately.

· With many races, the darker the hair, the more powerful the magic. The Queen’s hair is an inky river of black, but the Prince’s is white as snow. Rumor has it that he doesn’t have magic at all, which would make him ineligible for the crown.

· There is a river that encircles the royal city. It flows into the ocean but doesn’t have a known source, other than the “tunnels” under the city, but no one has gone down there in hundreds of years.

· There is only one person who can open a portal to another world while the Hollow is as weak as it is, but no one knows where she’s gotten off to.

· Asides from the demonic species attacking, here’s a list of things that can kill you: The Ocean, Dragons, Pirates, Riots, Sirens, Waterfalls, Cliff sides, Collapsing Tunnels, Angry Warlocks, Disease, People from other Kingdoms, honestly anything please be careful

Neptune_54 Neptune_54
I think I love you. There's so much world to play with that I am literally sitting here getting teary-eyed. If we weren't total strangers, and live close to each other, I' be friend with you on this principle alone; I'd probably even propose, in the heat of the moment.

Also, Tsela's got thigh-length midnight tresses. Fear the genius pyscho shaman with magic.

ahhhh, guys, you're making me blush! cx

Also, Tsela's got thigh-length midnight tresses. Fear the genius pyscho shaman with magic.
YEAH I HADN'T ACTUALLY THOUGHT OF THAT but he's going to be treated a little bit differently from the other ones, because people with stronger magic are, as a rule, more dangerous. ouo Also longer hair is a low-key sign of nobility, kinda how here the higher classes back in the olden days used to wear brightly colored clothing. He's probably going to get tacked as the group's leader.

If Tsela was their leader, I think they'd all be in big trouble XD Don't mind that I deleted a post by the way, it posted early and I took too long to edit it so I just copy-pasted and reposted it when it was done.

Oh, I know. Those losers are like... All dating already. They just need to figure out who they're like, really actually dating. x.x

lolol just jokingly. xD

I'm honestly so excited to see the relationships develop, especially once/if the prince gets as involved with the group as I'd like him to, but we'll see. There's SO MANY different ways this whole thing could go, and it's constantly fucking me up.

You know, there are like three types of RPs

The ones where everyone ships

The ones where shipping is meh

The ones where people are like "FUCKING NORMIE REEEEE" whenever people ship

The first is the most fun kind, even though I personally kind of am the center sort of person. No.3 is a close second though, because of how angry people sometimes get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back