• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Hidden; Main Thread IC {Closed}

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Snow
Interacting with: Duwang Duwang , Kasime Kasime , AGent87 AGent87 , sophie. sophie.
Mentions: EasternGhost EasternGhost , Scion Scion

8aa85870dae307faaa0b464b2683d04d06a6c53d_hq.jpg
Snow looked over at the man waving at her but was too far away to register what his power exactly felt like. To know if a person was Hidden or not was easy. Many parents from higher clans requested that Snow attend the births so as to quickly tell them if their child was a Hidden. Humans carried no magic to read. Babies carried just the tiniest spark of possibility. And fully developed Hidden’s carried their clan’s unique signature. She could tell from this distance he was a powerful Hidden. Very powerful. So he was probably in the top five. Either… Wolf or Vampire since he had no markings of a Dragon or Phoenix or Siren.

She waved back at him, a curious look in her eyes. Hmmm… I wonder what he is…

She was snapped back to reality when Leon began shouting again.

"HEY. DON'T YOU WANT TO FIND OUR LAST TEAM MEMBER FIRST?" Leon pulled Sakari back. "I MEAN, THE MORE WE KNOW ABOUT EACH OTHER, THE BETTER OUR TEAM WORK IS GONNA BE, RIGHT? IT'D BE MAJOR RUDE IF WE LEFT ONE PERSON OUT."

Snow bit her lip, laughing nervously. “Oh um yea sure yes. You are totally totally right.”

“Well, I’m Evelyn!” she smiled, laughing a little. “But clearly you all knew that already, considering the screaming.” She nodded, and then went straight into the conversation. “Did I miss anything important?”

Snow shook her head waving at the girl as she was introduced to their newest member. But her attention was brought back to Sakari by the squeezing of her hand. Her new genie friend looked...well… terrified. Snow wondered if she had a problem with vampire chick as well or maybe this new member. But she introduced herself to her so she probably didn’t know her well enough to be this terrified. Snow wondered but then Torrin said their goodbyes and left in the direction of the dorms. Looking up at the sky she saw how dark it was getting and nodded in agreement.

“Yes we should pick this up tomorrow when we also meet our faculty advisor.” Snow smiled at them all and squeezed Sakari’s hand in support before gathering all her courage and heading to the dorm building.

There she looked and saw Side A. Heading down the spacious hallway, she noted the communal bathroom and sitting areas or reading nooks. She was looking for Room 2 even though she dreaded the idea of being forced to room with someone who hated her just because she was a Witch. Unlocking the door, Snow looked around, biting her lip. First entering there was a small counter with cabinets and a table with two chairs. The tile pushed back to meet the carpeted areas through a wide empty doorway. Through the doorway was the bedroom. Two beds, two closets, two dressers and two desks. Checking the air, Snow tasted the magic hanging in the air and grinned with the surprise twist the school provided. The dorms, much like the bus, was enchanted to be able to grow as small and as big as you wished without appearing any bigger on the outside.

She moved her hand, the beds melting together into a bunk bed, the dressers vanishing and the room pushing out more to include a sitting area. She moved her hand back and everything went back to the way it was. Maybe if she showed her roommate this trick she would like her? She could make it a two bedroom dorm and give them both some privacy.

Sighing, the young witch yawned, going to her bed as she waved her hand again, pushing the wall back to make an alcove. With both hands she parted them and her bed widened from a twin to a full. With that she hopped on to the fluffy covers and sighed. Maybe...maybe everything would be okay?

In a flash, reality returned to the young mute who still stood in the shady spot near the procession. Well, by this time, the sun had moved, so the spot was not nearly as shady. Axus realized he must have zoned out after his feeble attempt at social interaction. A vivid daydream was slowly fading from his mind as he reoriented himself. He decided that was enough for one day. He quietly rushed over the the board, cringed at the picture they had of him, and made his way to his room, having taken note of it an his supposed team. There would be plenty of time to make allies and friends tomorrow. For now he had room mates to deal with.

He made no stops on his way to his dorm, nor did he notice much on the way beyond the stunning architecture. He walked with purpose and thus appeared to be the first one there. As he put his hand on the doorknob, he felt the pulse of magic from within. Being a warlock who specializes in artifice, Axus is more sensitive to this sort of magic. So, he knew before he even opened the door that this was a transmuting chameleon room. A broad smile crept across his face as he entered and the possibilities swirled through his head. Before he made any changes, he remembered that he would be sharing this space, and should have something akin to a discussion with his room mates before he began tampering with the laws of physics. That said, he found it prudent that he claim his bed. He stepped into the bedroom area and saw the three empty beds. He picked the one farthest from the door and sat down. He found it very comfortable, though he didn't have the widest frame of reference, considering. As he sat, he took it upon himself to take out a pen and a notebook and begin drafting a letter to his roommates, introducing himself, explaining his inability to speak, and describing the properties of the room.

The trees around her rustled in the non-existent breeze, speaking to each other in a language undoubtedly lost to most within the twists and turns of time. The sound was a soothing balm to the young woman's turbulent emotions, her face as smooth and collected as ever but the slight burn in her eyes fading as she was finally able to think instead of feel. The Phoenix, being the grandchild of Vu Huo himself, hadn't needed to travel on the main bus to reach the newly dubbed 'school'....indeed Marci had already been living on grounds for a few days. Today was the day the others would come....and oh boy would that be an experience to remember. She had decided to hang back, away from where the newcomers would be dropped off...to say she was nervous would be an understatement. Which, when you thought about it, was ridiculous when one took into account the power her family and her species held. However, Marcilyn had learned long ago that emotion was rarely logical...and it seemed as if this situation was no different.

Deciding it was about time to head back to her dorm room in order to meet her roommate, the phoenix quickly made her way to a back door where she slipped inside the large building with only the slightest of sounds. Marcilyn maneuvered through the complicated network of hallways with a notable familiarity, her prosthetic leg clicking each time it made contact with the stone before she finally made it to the familiar doorway of where she now lived.

Upon entering her room, Marci found it empty, not surprising as she could only now hear the other students as they made their way down the formerly empty corridor outside.

Figuring she wouldn’t have to wait long for her roommate to arrive, the phoenix sat down at her desk where she proceeded to write some things down in her calendar. Sure enough, it was only a few minutes later when the dorm room door clicked open.

Upon turning around and standing Marcilyn Eldritch was greeting with the slender and alluring form of what could only be a succubus in the flesh. It was about this time that the phoenix regretted not checking the identity of her roommate or her group members...for certainly it was as if fate itself has planned to give the young woman the biggest surprise of her life. Being paired with a succubus certainly had not even occurred to the Phoenix.

Realizing that the other woman was introducing herself, Marci only just caught a name as the exotic lady, Sephoriah, offered her hand. The internal war of emotions, chiefly suspicion mixed with notable appreciation, showed itself not on Marcilyn’s face….but rather in the form of tiny blue flames as they crawled up and down her forearms. Quickly extinguishing the small flames on her right arm, Marci extended her own hand despite her inner reluctance.

Stop that...you...and everyone you meet at this institution... is here for a reason. You are here to understand, communicate, and build friendships...not cower at the feet of preconstructed stereotypes, fear, and bias. You are the grandchild of Vu Huo himself….start acting like it.

“It’s nice to meet you Sephoriah, I’m indeed Marcilyn...how was your trip here?”

Interest and welcome were quick to take their rightful places upon Marcilyn’s unreadable features, the only sign of her inner struggle evident in the tiny blue flames wrapping their way up the woman’s right arm, passing over the phoenix’s flame retardant clothing like a pet snake seeking comfort.

Scarlett Wyverne Scarlett Wyverne

Madeleine crept through the halls, hoping to avoid a run in with the fair folk from before or any others like it. In doing so, she soon discovered she was lost, or at least more so than before. Was she right in suspecting this school was really just an overly complex trap? Why would they do something like that? Did it even matter? Tired from her escape, she found a bench and decided it would be best to stop for a little while. Retrieving a pouch of salt from her bag, she sprinkled the salt around the bench and then lit an incense. The salt would prevent most things here from being able to harm her and the incense would help clear her thoughts.

Taking her hat off to fan herself with it, she noticed something shocking. Something so utterly wrong, she couldn't contain her outburst. "Where did this gum come from?!"

Name: Tristan Ardor
Clan: Phoenix
Mention: Hubub101 Hubub101
Interacting:
The hour long ferry trip felt like it went by in an instant. The captain's song had captivated Tristan in its lyrics and his mind drifted of memories of his sister. He wished she was here with him. To comfort him, to guide him, to protect him from himself. Yet he knew that deep down she believed in him and hoped that this school, Prapos Academy, would help him in the end. His longing turned to hope at that thought. He clasped the necklace she had given him before his departure. A token to remind him of where he came from and of the progress he has made up to this point. She was always very proud of his achievements and did her best to support him.

As they made landfall to the island and boarded the double decker bus Tristan sat on the upper level. The ride was rambunctious to say the least. Bickering, declarations of status, laughing, yelling. It was a real rogues gallery of Hidden in its own way. The thought made him chuckle. So many different people to interact with and learn from. How could anyone not be happy about learning right? Tristan dug into his pocket and pulled out the letter that he received and began reading it. The words though meaningful left much to be desired in the ways of motivation. He tucked the letter back into his pocket and pulled out one of his many pocket notebooks he had hidden on his person. He began to write out off hand descriptions of what he heard on the ride and began to create his own mini story based on what he could hear and see as he spoke aloud.

"A hiss, a snarl echoed within the chamber as the young lady warrior declared her name. 'I am Madeline of the Evil Eye! You dare attack us?!' The vampiress, unwavering in her convictions retorts 'Ha! Do you think you can talk back to the one, the only, the beautiful Charlotte Paige Rhodes? You waste my breath!' she scoffs as she flips her lustrous locks. Meanwhile in the background a gleeful laugh echoes beyond them as a strong voice bellows out declaring them to cease with their prattling."

Hmm... is that a good word for it? Prattling? Maybe bickering? No that doesn't emphasize the conflict enough. It is both childish yet these women are prideful... I'll have to think it over. Tristan thought. This matter would have to wait for another time however as the bus slowed to a halt and students began to file out. He tucked away his notebook and joined the rest of the students outside.

He gazed up into the sky as he stretched. He was awestruck as he gazed upon the architecture that would be his new home. It was unlike anything he had seen before. his attention turned to face the faculty that stood before them all. It was the Headmistress Adira Orebelle. She spoke with dignity and confidence as she addressed everyone regarding their 'mission' here at the academy. Soon after her speech she left and a burly staff member stepped up and spoke as what he could only assume were Witches chanted before a large bulletin board was summoned before them. Images and diagrams were moving around the bulletin board showing various bits of the academy. Tristan's eyes widened as he pulled out a different notebook and began jotting down the key points. Namely his group, his room number and the members within each. Once he was down jotting down the important bits he looked them over as the wolfish man told them that they had the rest of the day to get settled.

"Let's see here. Poppy, Marcilyn and Sephoriah. Wait aren't these all women? Does that mean I'm the only male in the entire group? Well I hope none of my future male friends become jealous of me. Not that I'm one to complain. Let's here as for my room I shall be sharing it with 2 others. A mister Dro and mister Axus. Well I'm sure they are sporting gentlemen. I suppose I should make my way to my room first and foremost. I'm certain I'll be able to get to know my group soon enough."

Tristan made his way to his assigned room without delay. He had never had roommates before. Well aside from his sister. Family not withstanding, he had never had 'proper' roommates before. He found the room easily enough. As he opened the door he felt the ambient magic within the room. He couldn't quite describe it however. He was quite vexed before making his way to the beds. To his surprise he was not the first one there. A boy no older than him stood in the room writing down something in his notebook. Ah a fellow scholar? Perhaps even a budding novelist such as him? Tristan's inquisitive nature and wanting to socialize got the better of him and he approached.

"Greetings Sir. You must be one of my roommates. I am Tristan Ardor. I hope you don't mind but I'm just going to claim the bed on the left here." Tristan placed a few of his things down near the bed before taking off his coat and placing it on the bed itself. "You wouldn't happen to know why there is so much ambient magic in our room would you? I can't quite figure out what it is nor its purpose. It's quite a conundrum for me honestly."

Leon was a little disappointed that the group was already beginning to break up. He hadn't particular grown attached to any of them, but if they were selected to come to this school, they may be much more powerful than they may first appear. Of course, Leon had only come to attend because he was the prince. He didn't know any other wolves attending the school thus making Snow's worries a little less so, not that he cared much for them. "YEP. THAT'S ME." Leon lifted a hand in a friendly gesture, giving a smile to Evelyn. He wasn't sure how he felt about being called a loud blonde. Though, in his pack, he was the only blonde. In his wolf form, his white coat made him very distinct from the brown, gray, or sometimes black fur of his peers back home.

"SEEYA LATER..." Leon stopped for a suspicious second... "BRO. I'LL SEE YOU ALL TOMORROW." Leon waved his team goodbye. It looked like the school had a good number of females, or at least that was his team. He put his hands in his pocket, then casually walked toward the dorm that all the males had headed to. The room number was easy enough to remember, though he wasn't sure at all how he was going to actually get inside. Though, when he walked to the room, he hadn't noted that he had two room mates.

When Leon walked down the hallway, however, he spotted someone next to the door of his room. Suspicious, he double checked the numbers of the other rooms around it from his periphery to make sure that it was in fact his own. "HEY BRO!" Leon waved to the younger boy. He could partially make out his face from the bus, though his was notably less distinct than the others. Without another word, Leon pushed the door open. Leon also felt a bit of disappointment. He thought he would be sleeping alone. A room mate meant he had two options: Show them his wolf form, or learn to sleep in his human form.

There was music, though it wasn't very loud high fidelity. This meant that someone was already in the room playing his music. Though his hearing wasn't as good as it was in his wolf form, it was still good enough to tell this much.

The bed situation was not a problem. Leon was used to sleeping on the ground in his wolf form. He didn't expect the beds to be as comfortable as the fine sheets he had back home either. What really troubled him though was there being two desks. If he was going to do homework as the elders described to him, he figured he'd need one of those, and that he'd have to quarrel with his team mates over who got the desks first.

"DUDE WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO BRO?" Leon asked Teddy, his third room mate as he walked in to the sound of violins. "OH BRO. I DIG IT BRO." He said when the drums joined in.

Last edited:
Dro Sicarii
dRO.jpg

Dro entered the dorm room and found it already occupied by the two individuals whom he would be sharing his living space with. One was a witch who seemed to emitting some sort of ambient pulsations. Like a vibration that emitted and encircled the room.

Kind of like when I use my Sound Manipulation skill. Magic then. Well duh, he's a witch.

The other was a Phoenix, not that Dro had ever met one before. He'd only heard the current King was from their Clan and that they had something of a feud with the Wolves. If Dro was an active member of his Clan, he would likely have disliked the Phoenix on first glance since Vampires and Wolves were such close allies, it would only make sense they share the same enemies. Of course, it was fairly obvious Dro was no such thing as a loyal clansman, seeing as he had made something of an controversial first impression of the so-called son of the Wolf Clan Leader. Dro being the nephew of the Vampire Clan Leader, would surely have brought about a political disaster.....but Vasilios Edom, the great and powerful leader of the Vampire Clan did not want Dro's existence known. Much less acknowledged.

He could still remember being told by his uncle to make sure he never disclosed which Vampire bloodline he was born into here at the Academy. Dro supposed he would always suffer from a sort of a identity crisis. Being made to repress one's lineage when most are taught to be proud of it, was truly a terrible thing in Dro's eyes. But obviously, Dro's opinion had never been asked.

"I'm Dro Sicarii. It seems will be seeing eachother's faces quite a bit from now on. Hopefully we'll get along. Or something" Dro concluded, not really sure what else to say.

Probably best I keep it short. Tommorrow is already going to be a pain with the Vampiress, the Kitsune, and the fact that I likely have the worst of the faculty advisor's.

Dro took the only bed unoccupied.

Hubub101 Hubub101
Fluxbauble Fluxbauble

Galynthia
Galynthia gazed about her room. She'd left the entire left side to her roommate... Evelyn? With a shrug, she turned and beamed at her side. After various decor changes and modifications, Galynthia had managed to replicate the mood of her room back at home. Her bed, which was the top part of what looked like a bunk bed (due to Galynthia's fondness for heights), had satin sheets colored a rich royal purple. She'd unpacked her clothes, putting them in the white drawers beside her bed. The bottom part of the bunk had been removed, and an old lacquered birch wood desk sat there, her phone and laptop plugged into the outlet. A few shelves held various items she'd brought from home, including books and sketchbooks and notebooks. She'd walked into the connecting bathrooms and placed her toiletries on the right side of the sink, making sure to leave room for her roommate's items. With a sigh of happiness, Galynthia changed into her pajamas and climbed up to her bunk, flopping back and reading a book, waiting for her roommate to arrive.

The sounds of the doorknob gave the mute pause. He looked up to see what he could identify as a lavishly dressed phoenix waltzing into the dorm introducing himself as one of Axus' roommates. He could tell the newcomer had an eye for detail and an affinity for flair. With any luck this one will be able to appreciate artifice almost as much as Axus. Almost. Though he wasn't quite finished, but what he had written will suffice. He tore the current page out of his notebook and handed it to the fire bird, hoping irony would not strike this day. The letter read,

My name is Axus Windico, and I am your new room mate. Please forgive the letter, unfortunately I am incapable of proper speech and this is the best form of alternative communication I have at my disposal currently. In other words, I am mute and this is the best I can do. If you do not already know, I am a witch who specializes in artifice, the making of magic objects. That said, I must insist that at some point a section of this dorm be designated for my work, as i would imagine sections will be designated for your pursuits. Beyond that I am more than willing to negotiate the manor of arrangement this dorm will posses in the coming future. Feel free to tell me about yourself, but I ask that if you have questions that you please be patient with me. Sadly, it can't be helped.

He was about to go into the magic of the room, but didn't get to. As Axus waited for the phoenix to read his introduction, the third roommate entered the dorm. His introduction was curt, straightforward, but was laced with a hint of confusion. Probably at a loss for what to say. Axus probably would be too, if that was not his permanent state of being. He gestured for Tristan to hand Dro the letter when he was done. He had a feeling this would be interesting.

EasternGhost EasternGhost
Fluxbauble Fluxbauble

Name: Tristan Ardor
Clan: Phoenix
Mentioned:
Interacting: Hubub101 Hubub101 EasternGhost EasternGhost
As Tristan was settling in the writer handed him a page from his notebook introducing himself and his condition. So this was mister Axus. Certainly not what he had expected. But that only made him more intriguing as a roommate since they now had a sort of communication barrier to overcome. Plus he was a Witch. tristan had alwasy wanted to study alongside the witches. Their vast knowledge of magic and the varies forms of it was simply fascinating. As he was about to respond another man walked into the room. Could this be the elusive mister Dro? A gentleman clad in sharp black clothes with even sharper eyes stepped forth and introduced himself. "I'm Dro Sicarii. It seems will be seeing eachother's faces quite a bit from now on. Hopefully we'll get along. Or something." Mystery solved.

Tristan looked up at Axus and noticed him motion to hand the paper over to Dro once he was done reading it. With a curt nod he obliged and handed the note over to him. "Mister Dro, mister Axus, Tristan Ardor pleasure to meet you both. I'm certain we will get along nicely. It would seem that you at the very least won't have to worry about any major noise from mister Axus here mister Dro." He said with a chuckle. he hoped that didn't offend Axus any. It was simply a means to build rapport with one another. "In any case yes regarding mister Axus' letter I agree with him we probably should make it a point to establish where we would be doing most of our studying and/or work during our stay here. Wouldn't want to step on each other's toes and all that. If you have any questions for me as well gentlemen please don't hesitate to ask. I'll certainly do my best to answer them. All I ask is that i'm allowed a question in return."

Tristan felt very at ease with these two. Perhaps because it was that they had nothing to hate about one another. Well yet. From his experience even his sister complained when they were sharing a room, but he thought it was because he was a boy and she was a girl. But this shouldn't be all that different right? "Though you'll have to excuse me as I'll be taking the first question. Mister Axus how does articificing work? I've never heard of such a method of magic? And mister Dro, if I may be so bold, what clan do you hail from? I'm afraid that since most of us look human I have trouble telling what clan any one of us are from at a glance aside from my own kin. Even then I'm throwing darts in the dark as they say."

Dro Sicarii
dRO.jpg

"I'm a Vampire" was all Dro could think to say to the Phoenix.

I'm a Vampire, but hardly part of the clan in any way, shape, or form. They wouldn't like such a comparison.

Reading the note of Axus's, Dro frowned.

A mute? Troublesome, but nothing major.

Dro suspected that Axus, the only one incapable of speech was likely to be Dro's favorite person on campus if only because he couldn't speak.

"On second thought, that sounds a little rude..." Dro muttered to himself.

"As for your inquiries Axus, I have no pursuits, I have no hobbies, at least not any longer. Any future arrangements, I can't see where I'd be needing anything special. I'm quite used to having very little for extended periods of time. I have no personal belongings beyond what I'm wearing and perhaps a change of clothes or two, so I need no extra space or special attention".

Hubub101 Hubub101
Fluxbauble Fluxbauble

Martyr heard whispers and waited a moment. As an oracle she caught nearly everything before it happened. She was not expecting that kind of question to leave the girl's lips. She had no idea what she was talking about. Avengers?
"Avenge is a term that means to inflict harm in return for a wrongdoing upon the person. I am not familiar with The Avengers, therefore I am unable to answer your question. I am terribly sorry for my lack of knowledge."
She bowed slightly at the waist, hoping the girl was not mad for her insufficient answer.​

Krrr (The Swamp Sleuth-hound in a thrilling whatdunitmean!)​

The bayou-born creature continued banging on one of structures, roaring out its question in the pursuit of the truth. It was like Rrak always said, it was a duty to always find out the truth no matter how painful. And Krrr appreciated that honesty from one of the many elders in its bask, even if the truth was difficult to swallow, Rrak would always injest it like a heron. And Krr tried to emulate Rrak's teachings, like the rest of the lessons it learned from the float. Which in this case meant repeating that gesture around seven times give or take. Fortunately while it was still in single digits in its quest, the swamp creature had heard the beckoning of the savage outsider's tongue.

With a great and low rumble, Krrr focused its attention on one of many other smooth-skinned savage outsiders. It was a tragedy to be sure, that so many of these savage outsiders could not at least come from the attempted noble nature of others, but it was to be an expected one. Though there was some hope considering this Savage Outsider did not flee from it when seeking answers. Perhaps this creature would solve a mystery for it once and for all!

So Krrr trudged over towards Torrin by the use of long, loud and certainly not delicate steps. Rolling its head back the bog monster snorted as it leaned over itself to stare Torrin directly in the dead center of her eyes. "Errrruuaaa-" started off Krr before settling into that dialect of savage outsider tongue. "Oui y'mus cer-ten-lay can. Savage Outsider, ya'll dun pouvoir a lu dat dere board? I ain't mak hide nah tail o'et, n dun ask anutha Savage Outsider aider ma buh couri fas-tah den a grenouille hoppan outtadapot."

AGent87 AGent87

Charlotte Paige Rhodes

Charlotte Paige Rhodes was, to be perfectly frank, taken aback by this response. Oh, oh my god. This is like, a level beyond dweeb. This is like mega-nerd. She can't even name a single hottie and goes straight into lit class when there's like no homework for it? Euuugh. It was an inevitable response from Charlotte, she couldn't help it, her left hand was instinctual drawn to pressing against to her face.

"Like oh my God, facepalm. Literally, totes facepalm." spoke from behind the palm of her hand before slowly bringing it down her face with a rather dour expression. With a breath out and a moment to contemplate how could someone not even be dragged by their boyfriend to watching a like, really popular series, she turned to face the blind girl and spoke.

"Like oh noooo, like I totes haven't seen a Hope." She gave a quick gesture of her head to Hope to symbolize heading down the hall. "And like oh wow totes look at the time! You've used up your allotted time with me 'kay, so I'm jetting. I'm sure you'll see her eventually." And with that Charlotte began to sway down the hall.

Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6 CallSign CallSign

Last edited:
After her group introduced themselves, Evelyn was satisfied. They seemed to be put-together group, though she was a little disappointed when they began to leave. She had barely gotten to know them! At least she would have time in the morning tomorrow, when they would work together.

“I guess I’ll see you all tomorrow! Have a good night.” She grinned at what was left of everyone, and turned to find her dorm room. As she walked, the teenager grew more tired. The intitial excitement of beginning in a new school blocked out any fatigue. By the time she started to wind down, the tiredness hit her like a ton of bricks.

The moment she opened the door to her dorm, she threw her bags onto the ground and flopped onto the left-side bed. She didn’t even bother to stay up to meet her roommate. They would be living together for the entire year, so she assumed that there would be plenty of time to socialize. She would have to unpack and shower in the morning, but she didn’t mind.

As the sky grew dark, Evelyn fell into an almost immediate state of rest. She was a deep sleeper, and almost impossible to wake up. From the position she was in, some might have even thought she was dead! She dreamed of her family and clan, already missing them.

Hope hadn't seen any of The Avengers series herself, but she at least had heard of it. More importantly, she's heard of Thor and seen (through the internet) what an absolutely gorgeous dragon he was. As such she was fully expecting the girl to answer similarly. She was not expecting a lesson on linguistics, but was definitely taking it better than her new friend.

Charlotte turned to continue down the hall, but Hope lingered a moment. This girl had come looking for her, so it didn't seem right to just leave her alone without at least helping her. However, she didn't want to lose "points" with her new friend, so she had to approach the situation carefully and therefore silently. She started by running her hand through her hair vigorously enough to be an obvious signal - and maybe make a slight noise - in the correct direction, then silently mouthed, "Over there. I'll see you in the room."

Content that she'd performed her "good deed" for the day, she turned to catch up with Charlotte. "So, that Thor guy is pretty cute. Like, I've only seen his picture online, but he's super hot, right?"

Scion Scion Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6

Torrin tilted her head slightly, deciphering they had said. It didn't help that her thoughts kept derailing themselves with wondering who and what they were, and seriously, how did she miss them before? Having spent at least half of her life in Florida, she was vaguely familiar with what she thought of as "swamp speak". Some sort of Cajun, I think? I mean, it's got that jumble of French and English. Forcing herself to focus, she managed to catch the basic gist of what they were trying to ask. And did they say someone had run away from them? How rude. So much for unity and all that jazz. Seems ironic that people who think they're better than everyone can't actually act better. I just don't get it.

Getting her brain back on track (aside from the mental giggle she had from being called a Savage Outsider. She was reminded of the quote "perception is reality"), she exclaimed, "Oh! Are you saying you couldn't understand the board out there? Kinda lame that they didn't think to make sure all students were accommodated." Can they understand me? Only one way to find out. "It was information about the school, and who we'll be working with, and where we'll all be staying. Um, hang on. I took notes." Torrin pulled out her phone and started scrolling through the pictures. "Hmmm...here you are. Krrr, yeah? Am I saying that right? This says here that you will be in a group with Martyr, Gotras, Soraya, and Galynthia." She pointed to each of their pictures as she spoke the names, though she had to hold it up higher so they wouldn't have to stoop so low to see it. "Um, and then here it says you'll be living with Azazel, which is this guy here in this picture. Your room, um, living space, is in the B Wing room 2. And then here is a map. See? This is where we are now, and this over here is where you will be staying." Torrin looked up from her phone, almost getting sidetracked again by wondering what the story behind that metal plate was. She scratched her head. "Did that make any sense? I could draw you a map or show you the way if you need me to."

Scion Scion

Charlotte Paige Rhodes

"Like the hottest." squeed out the vampiress, beaming out with delight. "Like okay, so I know, those films are like eugh at first glance, but O M G, soooo glad the boytoy dragged me along to see it. Because holy mmmm yum! Hemmsworth is like so damn hot." Charlotte frowned for a moment before letting out a distinctive pout, "...But he has to be married. I so hope he goes splitsville with her like Tatum and, what was her name, oh yeah Dewan. Cause then he'd totes be back on the market."

"You think this dump of a campus has movie nights? Cause like, those are pretty damn neat and sometimes like assuming the school is cool which this school is nooot shaping up to be in that status, like they might air a film that is still showing in the theatre! I know like crazy right? And all you need is to show a student ID card to get in! But like that'd mean the like school paid for student activities to bolster fun things around the grounds..."

CallSign CallSign

Krrr

"Oh hoh hoh hoh!" erupted the creole creature in a tremendous belly-laugh as the Savage Outsider Torrin began to give all the testimony they needed to solve the case! Krrr kept its position of leaning over Torrin to continue to stare them dead in the eye as they explained. "Ya'll t'as raison Savage Outsider, 'twas wut I dun war cherchant foah!" With a toothy grin the swamp monster allowed for a moment of pause as it scratched its metal plate, wondering what kind of mad-person would try to cage in all the outsider savages in a same spot. Maybe it was of those compounds that the bask warned Krrr about at a very early age. What was it called again, Krrr couldn't remember and shook its head dismissing the thought.

What mattered was the present. And this present involved speaking to this Savage Outsider in the savage tongue.

"If'n I war tout honnête, gran choonks o'yer filthee dee-a-lect dun well, carnfond me. Ain't lak True n Old Crocodilian, real schpeakin'!" Krrr gave a nod to Torrin with a rather toothy grin. "I dun getcher message buuuuuh, ain't gunna be in dis 'ere shed. If'n ya'll pouvoir a message fer moi..."

With this Krr immediately bolted up right from its lumbering and leaning stance and cleared its throat. "A-zeee-alle, ain't much fixatin' muuch bout ya'll doin' inna dat thar shed. I'mma fixin t'déménager items thar, 'n y'aint gunna mess wit' em. Buuuh as Ceeveelazed Folk, offa Gentile Breed, I ain't livin in dat thar shed witcha. I'mma takin' t'babeh swamp t'be outdoors. 'N y'aint gunna disturb me, lest y'be couillon. N if so..."

Finishing this remark in the savage tongue, Krrr's expression quickly shifted. Its' brow furrowed as it took in a deep breath and began roaring out, "MRRRUURAAAAAAA KUUURAAAA MRRAAAAK KRRR UUURRAAAGH RRK!" Upon finishing that thundering bellow of a roar in its favored language of True Crocodilian it looked down on Torrin before once again breaking into the Savage Tongue.

"Anywhooo tankye Savage Outsider!" And so Krrr gave a friendly wave to Torrin as it tromped its way out of the door and to go on a search for a suitable large body of water that it would protect as a proper living enviroment, a swamp that Krrr would raise from the disgustingly clear body of water it was sure to be, into a true ecosystem harnessing the warm life of the mires.

AGent87 AGent87

"...yea I don't look like Jean Reno an' you don't look like a Quest Fantasy character at all but y'still got yer name, so..."

Teddy didn't even bother getting up from the bed or shutting off the music, he just sat there staring right at his new roommate. He was going to actually introduce himself right, it was good manners to say hello proper, but the guy Gotras sounded kinda like an asshole. Who even started a conversation like that? Was everyone that shared a name supposed to look the same now? Well no that might actually be the case in this assbackwards little world of like a thousand people that still did inbreeding. Before he could decide to just lie down and let the guy make up his mind on whether he was gonna stand there on the doorway all day or not, the last roommate showed up. Loudly.

"Hell yea, 's called Clubbed to Death by Rob Dougan, they used it in The Matrix man. Uh, it's a fun old movie, really good action". There was no way of telling who among these folks had seen The Matrix, or even one lone movie, but if the song didn't ring a bell they probably hadn't. Teddy shut the music off, got up and waved Gotras and Leo in. These were the people he was gonna be sharing his life with for the foreseeable future, and far as he could tell it could've beeen worse. "Guessing yer Leon then and that's Gotras, the name's Theodore Greco but everyone calls me Teddy". He shot Gotras a quick sideways glance and carried on. "First come first served so I picked my bed already, no hard feelings right?".

And with that, Teddy flashed a genuine smile and offered his hand out to his roomates for a man to man handshake, because as long as they didn't piss him off he wanted this to go as smoothly as it could. If he was gonna be stuck there he might as well try to make the best of it, right?

Duwang Duwang Darth Darth

Ah, what a whirlwind!
Before she knew it, Yumi was abandoned so that girl could go flirt with all those other handsome people. She stared at her new, garish notebook, and sniffled. She wanted a green one. Wiping her eyes, she jammed the notebook into her bags.
She eyed up the holographic projector, and began whispering her room number towards herself. It had been a pretty rough day already, so she decided to call it in early, heading to her dorm. The tiny fox rolled her heavy suitcase down the hall, and into her bedroom. Yawning, still in her day clothes, she groggily crawled into the bottom bunk. Sleep took her quickly, as it tended to, but she was sure it'd be fine. A good night's rest would have her ready for the next day, surely.

Oyasumi, Yumi.

Hope nodded along with Charlotte as she gushed over the handsome actor. She had no idea who the other two names mentioned were, but she was happy the conversation was going so well and decided not to ask. Instead she filed it away under "future conversation topics" and moved along.

"You think this dump of a campus has movie nights? Cause like, those are pretty damn neat and sometimes like assuming the school is cool which this school is nooot shaping up to be in that status, like they might air a film that is still showing in the theatre! I know like crazy right? And all you need is to show a student ID card to get in! But like that'd mean the like school paid for student activities to bolster fun things around the grounds..."

"Movie nights sound totes awesome! I'd be happy even with a movie that's a few years old if I haven't seen it before, plus it's more fun to watch movies with your friends, right?" Not that Hope would know, but she'd heard it said a few times on the internet. "Maybe we can start our own movie nights if the school doesn't. Then we'd be able to choose what we watch, make sure it's something we want, y'know?"

As the two stepped into the common area the day's weariness caught up to Hope. She'd traveled thousands of miles today by air, sea, and land, and it was getting close to Hope's bedtime. Luckily her parents had wisely shifted her sleep schedule before she jumped multiple timezones. "But we can plan movie nights tomorrow. I'm totes worn out, so I'm going to head to my room." Hope briefly wondered whether her roommates had made it to the room before her - she and Charlotte had taken a longer route, after all.

Scion Scion Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6 Kasime Kasime

As her group began to part ways, Sakari smiled and nodded at them all before heading towards the dorm herself following her friendly goodbye. "Yes, see you all tomorrow!"

The walk to her room was uneventful, but she did take notice of the magnificent scenery around her. It seemed the staff had taken great care in putting their focus on the architectural side of academy as well all the decorum. Her room, which was rather easy for her to find as she wasn't too terrible at navigation (having had experience back home finding her way to the house in the occasional everything's-covered-in-ice weather), wasn't much different than the great beauty of a school she stood within.

In fact, when she opened the door and stepped inside, she was awestruck. It was more than she had ever expected. The room was beyond spacious, at least to her. With room enough for three entire separate beds, closets, and desks, it could have been a small house in itself if only it had a kitchen and bathroom!

She stood inside the doorway for a moment, merely turning her gaze about the room slowly, taking it all in. Within its walls, she could even feel a fog of magic throughout the room. Unsure what it was for though, she left it to be discovered another time, her eyes looking more at the physical attributes of the dorm.

This. This is where she'll be staying for a while, with students from all different clans. The only thing that broke her attention were the soft chirps emanating from within her scarf. "Alright, little Featherfluffs, just a second," she whispered to them.

Closing the door behind her, she chose the bed closest to the door in case she needed a quick route out of the room. Then she set her duffel down beside it before carefully taking her scarf off, setting it gently down in the space between her pillow and the wall. She folded it back a tad so that the two golden budgies inside could finally stretch their wings after having been cuddled up during the day of travels.

"Hey, Aiyana," Sakari cooed, holding her hand down to the darker parakeet. The small bird hopped out of the folds of soft cloth and into her palm, followed by her lighter companion. "Hey, Tonrar," she added, her tone of voice gentle and soft as she held them close her face. They looked back at her calmly, adjusting their wings and fluffing out their feathers a couple times as they made comfortable perches out of the ring and index finger of her left hand. "What do you guys think of the place? Can you feel the magic of the room?" She asked them, watching as they looked around.

Sakari was sure they understood her sometimes, but they never much talked other than the basic greeting words she'd taught them when she was younger, so she never actually knew. Letting out a soft sigh, she positioned herself so that she was sitting crisscross upon her bed, resting the elbow of her arm on her knee whilst still keeping them balanced up on her hand. "I met one of my roommates today and she'll probably be in here soon. I think she sounded nice, but I don't really know. She seemed to have made one of my group-mates a little nervous of her. I mean, you two were there, but..."

Sakari pressed her lips together in a thin line, thinking deeply as she cast an anxious glance towards the closed door of her dorm. "I don't know about Martyr, my other roommate, but Aeri is a Dragon. And you two know full well what Mom has to say about them and the Sirens. We're supposed to be peaceful here and work together, and I want to be, but after Mom's warned me about them? I don't know if I can..."

Tonrar chirped at her, clicking her little beak together to draw her attention away from her thoughts. The young genie smiled at the little bird and her sister. "You're right. I shouldn't worry. I'll just take Mom's advice about them and tread lightly. Besides, does Aeri even know I'm a Genie? I'm just stressing too much over this."

Lowering them down to set them upon her pillow, she reached down to her duffel and opened it, pulling out one of her trusty sweatshirts and thick cotton pyjama pants. It was not the weather for her cold-proof sleepwear, but as soon as she'd changed into them, she was too comfortable to change back out.

The last thing she pulled out of her duffel before zipping it up to push under her bed to deal with unpacking tomorrow was a small, soft triangular shaped hut for her tiny companions. Sakari placed it onto the bed next to her pillow and watched as Aiyana and Tonrar flittered over the few inches to get comfortable inside together. Deciding she might as well get some rest now and leave meeting Martyr and getting to know her and Aeri for tomorrow, she copied their actions.

"Goodnight, Featherfluffs," she told them, laying down next to them and pulling the scarf upon her bed close to her chest. The cloth item shimmered lightly, its form shifting and swirling as if a puff of smoke had taken its place, before it settled into the shape of a bright and shiny, pattern-laced lamp. Her lamp. And she held it tight as she pulled the blanket over herself, closing her eyes in the hope that by morning, all her worries and tension would fade away into the night. It was all she could hope for all of them: to find peace within themselves in their first night at Prapos.

CallSign CallSign Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6

Last edited:
Martyr scrunched her nose up. She just wasn't having a very good first day. She sighed and slid her staff along the floor, continuing her search for her dorm. She had no number or location. Only a name for her roommate. Why couldn't see just catch a break? She suddenly stopped and remembered. She could find it in the future. She found the wall and sat down, setting her staff in front of her knees. She took the orb from the top of it and cradled it between her two hands. She crossed her legs and closed her eyes. She concentrated on the future. On her dorm. It was pointless to use her magic like this, but no one seemed to be able to help her.
She saw it. Her eyes snapped open, staring at the ceiling and searching.
She sees the dorm. She sees herself laying in one of the beds. A girl in another. She's a dragon who she assumes must be Hope. Out. Leave the room to find it. Her perspective shifted to show the door from beyond the room. The number. Focus on the number. Show me the number. Her perspective shifted again to bring the number into focus. There it is.
She came back from her meditation and smiled. She had it. She replaced the orb in her staff and stood. She made her way to the area she believed her dorm to be. She hoped she was right. Especially when she heard a voice speak again. A smile made its way to her lips.
CallSign CallSign

"My hero!", Lucy squealed as she jumped into Soraya's arms and wrapped both arms around her neck. The genie's life tasted like some sort of exotic spice, once before eaten but the name forgotten, "My name is Lucy Venus, and I'm from the Succubus clan!"

Lucy looked over the genie's shoulder as they set off for the dorms, pointing to her eyes with two fingers and then making a sort of sideways finger gun at Cyclops. Lucy may have been foiled by the arrival her new roommate, but she'd get squeeze that hush money out of Cyclops one way or another, damn his... eye. Turning back to Soraya, she battered the larger girl with questions.

"I've never met a genie before. What's your favorite food? Do you live in a bottle? Are you really made of fire? Oh, gosh, I'm just so excited!"

Darth Darth DrBones DrBones

With the mysterious gum wad taken care of and her legs rested, Madeleine dashed the circle of salt with her foot to break the barrier and continued on her journey to... Where was she going? She couldn't think of a single realistic place to go, not with the fair folk roaming the halls mesmerizing the students, not with a long bus ride, not with a sea to cross. "I just wanted to learn more witch stuff. This is dumb. Not even my evil eye can help me with this." She thought long and hard about what she did to deserve such a terrible fate, but naturally could not think of a single thing. She was pretty much perfect as far as she could see, unless that was the reason. Maybe the other clans wanted her out of the way? "How disgusting, how cowardly, how utterly pathetic of them. They think this will stop me?! Never!" Her voice echoed in the empty halls and she quickly regretted raising her voice. Now something horrible could easily find her. Preparing for the worst, she grabbed a handful of salt from her bag and looked all around her as she continued her journey to nowhere.

Charlotte Paige Rhodes​
Charlotte eagerly nodded along, "Like duuh, like what kind of person goes to see a movie alone? Like hint I wouldn't call them people, since they are totes a dweeb. But like oh totally! And then we can pick movies that aren't just totally snoozefests and keep all the losers away while only inviting cool people like us!" Charlotte spun around on her heels and tilted her head for a bit just as she realized that her compatriot was tired. As a creature of the night she did not feel that urge to slumber but felt for her friend who suffered so. And so with a smile on her face she waved to Hope while wiggling a few of her fingers.

"Toodles~ T T Y L!" With that goodbye done Charlotte continued her trek through the halls. It was certainly a good thing she was already invited to her new lodgings this campus provided to her in a, well there were a myriad of ways she could describe it, well a frankly unprofessional manner. It was certainly not done like any normal campus. To think if only that trucker didn't butcher her completely and utterly alongside her friends, she might've been at a real school at this moment!

But again the dark side, as the bright side took on a more dangerous meaning with her condition, was that at least she had some accomidations here that already invited her in so she wouldn't have to bother gaining access personally and that not everyone here was a total loser. Most were, but not everyone. So she continued down the halls heading to the room. Like God this Snow chick better not be a dweeb - that'll totes kill cred.

Alas on her way there she encountered a most dreadful sight. Madeleine. That dweeb, that annoying vermin that needed exterminating as soon as possible. As soon as she was within eyesight of her, the vampiress felt her muscles tense up. Her brow furrowed as she clenched her fist ready to knock some sense into her. Stopping in place Charlotte began giving death glares to the girl while baring her fangs for a split second.

And so she remained in this position, ready to pounce and destroy this pitiful creature that caused her so much trouble earlier. But suddenly, she just looked down upon Madeleine with a smug grin, "Tch. Nerd." with that said, and a quick signal of the middle finger at Madeleine, Charlotte Paige Rhodes swayed through the halls. This little dweeb wasn't worth it at least not now.

With that matter solved, Charlotte Paige Rhodes slowly approached her lodgings, ready to open the door and enter.

CallSign CallSign KnightOfNight KnightOfNight littleberry littleberry

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back